PDA

View Full Version : Home and Auto The new model fullsize pickups!

max sleeper
12-07-2008, 08:45 AM
I have been seeing alot of new commercials with fancy new gadgets on the ford and dodge trucks. These commercials are directed at x-game type younger men... say 18-35 years old. Ford has fancy new storage boxes in the side of the bed and boast 20mpg. The one that hooked my eye last night was dodge having wifi?!!!??? in the truck. Was wondering if these new features would convince you to purchase a new truck? The price points still seem to be the same. Go Chiefs!!!

chasedude
12-07-2008, 08:47 AM
My step-father works sales at a Chrysler dealership. He mentioned to me about the new trucks the other day. He said there are quite a few "younger" guys purchasing these new trucks. I went and checked one out, they're nice!!!

Bwana
12-07-2008, 09:05 AM
Nope. My 3/4 ton Ford Super Duty is paid off. The money that I would use to buy a new truck, which I don't need, is staying in the bank.

StcChief
12-07-2008, 09:20 AM
alot of repo's await....

Spicy McHaggis
12-07-2008, 09:23 AM
I sold my truck about 2 years ago and I certainly won't be buying a new one right now.

Bwana
12-07-2008, 09:25 AM
alot of repo's await....

Bingo! "The hook" is going to be busy. At least the repo man will be eating steak.

StcChief
12-07-2008, 09:27 AM
Bingo! "The hook" is going to be busy. At least the repo man will be eating steak.drive by any bank etc. lot of cars/trucks to be had now. from repo's.

Bugeater
12-07-2008, 09:32 AM
I don't buy new vehicles.

max sleeper
12-07-2008, 09:38 AM
I don't buy new vehicles.

I have never purchashed new but did lease a jeep cherokee back in 96 and lost my ass and learned a hard lesson. Go Chiefs!

Bwana
12-07-2008, 09:38 AM
drive by any bank etc. lot of cars/trucks to be had now. from repo's.

I don't know if they will go up at auction level now that gas is down or not, but a month ago, you could pick up a truck, or SUV at an auto auction for nothing. I think they will remain WELL in back of book because people got stung with the last round of high gas.

I someone does go and get a truck right now, expect to take a huge hit the minute it leaves the lot. If they are on a 6 year payment, they can expect to be upside down in the beast until year 4, if gas prices go back up. If that person expects to keep the truck for 6 years plus, I can see it, if not, they might as well take a thick wad of money and light it on fire.

boogblaster
12-07-2008, 09:43 AM
Used trucks here also .. new ones not worth the price or the headache ...

cdcox
12-07-2008, 09:47 AM
I bought my F150 in '94. It has vinyl seats, vinyl flooring, no radio, no A/C, standard transmission. I consider it to be about half used up. You can guess whether I'm in the market for one of these new gadget trucks.

Dr. Johnny Fever
12-07-2008, 09:49 AM
They should try making their vehicles run properly over a long period of time. Toyota figured that out a long time ago and they haven't needed cute little gimmicks.

Bwana
12-07-2008, 09:51 AM
I bought my F150 in '94. It has vinyl seats, vinyl flooring, no radio, no A/C, standard transmission. I consider it to be about half used up. You can guess whether I'm in the market for one of these new gadget trucks.

Exactly. It boils down to want vs need.

StcChief
12-07-2008, 10:07 AM
I bought my F150 in '94. It has vinyl seats, vinyl flooring, no radio, no A/C, standard transmission. I consider it to be about half used up. You can guess whether I'm in the market for one of these new gadget trucks. taking the best approach....

KISS is always the best approach..... with mechanical,electrical things.

Gadget's break.

want vs. need is right. After market stereo can fill the bill as needed. A/C is a luxury.

Baby Lee
12-07-2008, 10:13 AM
full size pickups? Endelt on the make again?

Bwana
12-07-2008, 10:15 AM
full size pickups? Endelt on the make again?

Ouch!

LMAO

burt
12-07-2008, 10:28 AM
I don't know if they will go up at auction level now that gas is down or not, but a month ago, you could pick up a truck, or SUV at an auto auction for nothing. I think they will remain WELL in back of book because people got stung with the last round of high gas.

Absolutely true.

I someone does go and get a truck right now, expect to take a huge hit the minute it leaves the lot.

No more than normal, because of all the incentives and desperate sales staffs competing for a bigger slice of a smaller pie. We are giving tons off through both incentives and discounts. But yes you will still be upside down.

If they are on a 6 year payment, they can expect to be upside down in the beast until year 4, if gas prices go back up. If that person expects to keep the truck for 6 years plus, I can see it, if not, they might as well take a thick wad of money and light it on fire.

and no one should get a 6 year loan. And I don't buy a vehicle expecting a good resale. That is speculating on the market. Buy a good trouble free vehicle that you like AND KEEP IT! Just take care of it and keep it.

Bwana
12-07-2008, 10:36 AM
and no one should get a 6 year loan. And I don't buy a vehicle expecting a good resale. That is speculating on the market. Buy a good trouble free vehicle that you like AND KEEP IT! Just take care of it and keep it.

That's exactly what I do, but you know as well as anyone because you're in the business, that there are a lot of people who don't use that particular shrewdness. The are a lot of people that buy a vehicle on the two or three year plan and get beat like a circus money when they go to trade it back in, or sell it on the street.

Spicy McHaggis
12-07-2008, 10:55 AM

My kind of truck. Except I need a radio. I know, I'm soft.

Fat Elvis
12-07-2008, 11:03 AM
170K on the car.

225K on the Jeep.

I drive my vehicles till I'm pulling a Fred Flintstone.

HemiEd
12-07-2008, 11:23 AM
I love the look of the new Rams, but if I was going to buy a new pickup, you can get almost half price on 08s.

Hoover
12-07-2008, 11:24 AM
I'd love an SUV with WiFi what a great frickin idea.

Give these guys some taxpayer money.....

morphius
12-07-2008, 11:59 AM
My Dad just traded his Ram Hemi 4x4 in for another Ram Hemi 4x4 and got a Jeep Liberty 4x4 thrown in for a few hundred dollars Thanksgiving weekend up in Omahell.

I basically buy a vehicle and run it till it dies.

tmax63
12-07-2008, 12:17 PM
My 95 Dakota has 293,000 on it. Had to replace the headlight switch this weekend. They just don't make stuff like they used too. Always said I'd drive it until the wheels fell off but I lost a wheel a few years ago coming down La Veta pass and got some studs, put the wheel back on and drove her home. I guess it made a liar out of me.

Bwana
12-07-2008, 12:19 PM
My 95 Dakota has 293,000 on it. Had to replace the headlight switch this weekend. They just don't make stuff like they used too. Always said I'd drive it until the wheels fell off but I lost a wheel a few years ago coming down La Veta pass and got some studs, put the wheel back on and drove her home. I guess it made a liar out of me.

Ouch! I hope it wasn't your LF wheel that cut loose.

Skip Towne
12-07-2008, 12:25 PM

Does that truck have a heater?

damaticous
12-07-2008, 12:51 PM
They should try making their vehicles run properly over a long period of time. Toyota figured that out a long time ago and they haven't needed cute little gimmicks.

Ummmmm...My '96 f150 is running great! 12 year old truck that I believe will last another 10 years.

damaticous
12-07-2008, 12:56 PM
I'm a genX. If I were to buy a new truck, which I doubt I do for another 10 years or until my current truck dies, I'd be interested in the little extras like Wifi, etc. I'm a computer geek and would have use for it. Those little extras wouldn't make or break my decision on buying a new truck, but I think it's a good idea.