PDA

View Full Version : News Stupid Bitch

Pages : [1] 2

Scorp
12-07-2008, 09:08 AM
So last night I was leaving a restaraunt with my wife and two kids.(ages 3 and 7) Of course my kids were not listening and after the 20th time of telling them to quit messing around I broke out into full cursing mode.

As I was buckling my 3 yr. old into his car seat I heard:

?????: Excuse me.

Me: No reply

B!tch: Are you talking to your children?

Me: I am talking to everyone.

B!tch: Gets on her cell phone and looking at my license plate.

Me: Call whoever the f*ck you want to.

Me: It is people like you who need to mind their own f*cking buisness and get a life.

I then proceed into my vehicle and we go home. About an hour after we have been home a woman cop knocks on my door. The cop informs me that the woman called the cops and said I was hitting and abusing my children. The cop looks and talks to my children and comes to the determination that they are fine and my curse words didn't do any bodily harm to my children. Now I suppose since their was a report that child services will do a follow up.
It isn't that big of a deal, but this lady needs to stay the f*ck out of other peoples buisness.

OK rant over. Merry f*cking christmas.

luv
12-07-2008, 09:11 AM
Kids repeat what they hear. Punishing them whenever they start cussing will be futile. JMO.

Brock
12-07-2008, 09:13 AM
Very whiskey tango.

luv
12-07-2008, 09:22 AM
In response to the woman being a bitch, I would tend to agree. If I heard a parent cussing at their kids, I might make a comment like I did in my earlier post, but I wouldn't think about calling the police. The only time I would do that would be if I saw someone actually beating their kids (and, no, spanking in public is not beating).

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
12-07-2008, 09:22 AM
I applaud the lady; she took the information at hand and made a decision to take action rather than "mind her own business". All to often people witness children being treated poorly; and yes cursing at them is being treated poorly; I can only hope that she continues to do so and someday helps a child in real trouble.

ChiefJustice
12-07-2008, 09:23 AM
Why would you curse at a THREE year old?

Hootie
12-07-2008, 09:24 AM
Really? I leave parenting to the parent at hand...some stuff might be bad practice but come on, mind your own business...if he was HURTING his children, that's a different story...

boogblaster
12-07-2008, 09:24 AM
Mind your own business biotch ...

Dr. Johnny Fever
12-07-2008, 09:26 AM
I have maybe the most well behaved daughter ever and I credit my x-wife for that. When her (and my x's first daughter) would act up, the wife told them to stop one time on their own. If they kept it up she went to ok you do that agian and you lose... (favorite toy, you go to bed, you aren't going somewhere you want to go, we're leaving the place we are that you want to be at etc.) If they acted out a 3rd time it happened. Immediately and without apology. No needing to get mad or cuss at them just a simple concept of you as the kid make the choice and when you do there will be consequences.... good or bad.... that's up to you kid. It took very, very little time for both girls to learn what was and what was not acceptable. They're both respectful, extremely well behaved kids that you never have to worry about taking anywhere or having them do things they shouldn't.

Not meaning this as a judgement on your parenting at all Scorp.

I just think that if more parents would demand good behavior from their kids and be strong and patient enough to see the process through there would be a lot fewer unruly kids and a lot more happy, less-stressed parents.

Scorp
12-07-2008, 09:27 AM
I applaud the lady; she took the information at hand and made a decision to take action rather than "mind her own business". All to often people witness children being treated poorly; and yes cursing at them is being treated poorly; I can only hope that she continues to do so and someday helps a child in real trouble.

I disagree that my children are ever treated poorly by my cursing. That being said we can agree to disagree.

It most certainly did not warrant her calling the cops and blatantly lie about me hitting my children.

luv
12-07-2008, 09:30 AM
I have maybe the most well behaved daughter ever and I credit my x-wife for that. When her (and my x's first daughter) would act up, the wife told them to stop one time on their own. If they kept it up she went to ok you do that agian and you lose... (favorite toy, you go to bed, you aren't going somewhere you want to go, we're leaving the place we are that you want to be at etc.) If they acted out a 3rd time it happened. Immediately and without apology. No needing to get mad or cuss at them just a simple concept of you as the kid make the choice and when you do there will be consequences.... good or bad.... that's up to you kid. It took very, very little time for both girls to learn what was and what was not acceptable. They're both respectful, extremely well behaved kids that you never have to worry about taking anywhere or having them do things they shouldn't.

I just think that if more parents would demand good behavior from their kids and be strong and patient enough to see the process through there would be a lot fewer unruly kids and a lot more happy, less-stressed parents.

And I agree the woman was a bitch.

Personally, I love it whenever I see a parent leave a cart of groceries, clothes, toys, etc and walk the child out of the store.

Scorp
Why would you curse at a THREE year old?

Because that is what I do when I get frustrated........I curse. Lock me up!

Bugeater
Mind your own business biotch ...
This.

Dr. Johnny Fever
12-07-2008, 09:32 AM
Personally, I love it whenever I see a parent leave a cart of groceries, clothes, toys, etc and walk the child out of the store.

Stuff like that happened once or twice in the process which isn't fun for anyone, including the parents... but it only happens once or twice cause the kids learn. It's well worth it when you have kids that are almost always good.

ChiefJustice
12-07-2008, 09:34 AM
I disagree that my children are ever treated poorly by my cursing. That being said we can agree to disagree.

It most certainly did not warrant her calling the cops and blatantly lie about me hitting my children.

Some people might think that psychological abuse and physical abuse
are not that far removed from each other.

Dr. Johnny Fever
12-07-2008, 09:35 AM

I really doubt it means anything to the kid other than dads blowing his stack again. The more you do it the less effect it will have other than to frustrate you more and teach your kids that that's an effective way to handle life when they're mad. Then you'll both be sorely dissappointed with the results.

Off my pulpit now.

Scorp
12-07-2008, 09:35 AM

No offense taken, I don't claim to be the best parent or best person in the world. I probably use poor judgement about the cursing, I probably have the worst mouth on this board. I am welcome to all views over this situation and appreciate the response.

Al Bundy
12-07-2008, 09:36 AM
are not that far removed from each other.

This....

kstater
12-07-2008, 09:37 AM
I'd persue having the police investigate her for filing a false police report.

StcChief
12-07-2008, 09:41 AM
are not that far removed from each other.she "assumed" the children were gonna be beaten when they got home.... and "at risk".... I guess approriate disipline can be done without abuse.....

not every situation warrants this call the cops approach.

Scorp
12-07-2008, 09:41 AM
I'd persue having the police investigate her for filing a false police report.

If this thing goes any further I will do just that. I don't even know who she is. I am assuming a lawyer could find out.

Brock
12-07-2008, 09:49 AM
If this thing goes any further I will do just that. I don't even know who she is. I am assuming a lawyer could find out.

If the cops determine that she filed a false report, it won't be up to you whether she's in trouble over it or not.

WilliamTheIrish
12-07-2008, 09:53 AM
Scorp,

You have to be careful what you do in the public domain. When you discipline children in public you are leaving yourself open for interpretation.

This woman did what any responsible person should do in that situation. She may have exaggerated to a degree, but it's possible she really thought something bad might happen.

YMMV.

Scorp
12-07-2008, 09:54 AM
If the cops determine that she filed a false report, it won't be up to you whether she's in trouble over it or not.

Well I guess that is in their hands, but since she said I hit my kids she is blatantly lieing. I am wondering if i could sue her for "slander".

Scorp
12-07-2008, 09:58 AM
Scorp,

You have to be careful what you do in the public domain. When you discipline children in public you are leaving yourself open for interpretation.

This woman did what any responsible person should do in that situation. She may have exaggerated to a degree, but it's possible she really thought something bad might happen.

YMMV.

I appreciate and understand what you are saying here. The part of your quote I highlighted just disturbs me though.

Demonpenz
12-07-2008, 09:59 AM
Verbal abuse is not acceptable

Demonpenz
12-07-2008, 10:01 AM
‘All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing

Scorp
12-07-2008, 10:02 AM

I agree. I don't think saying holy f*cking sh!t, and Jesus f*cking chist, and Why can't you f*cking listen is verbal abuse.

Results may vary.

Demonpenz
12-07-2008, 10:03 AM
I wasn't there so I won't go make a judgement, but if something I thought warrented a simple phone call, and I didn't do it, and something happened to those kids... I wouldn't be able to forgive myself.

burt
12-07-2008, 10:03 AM
My wife and I would both probably look at each other and say..."We'vebeen there before." No one can push your buttons like your own kids.

FELT
12-07-2008, 10:04 AM
I agree. I don't think saying holy f*cking sh!t, and Jesus f*cking chist, and Why can't you f*cking listen is verbal abuse.

Results may vary.

It just shows a lack of intelligence.

WilliamTheIrish
12-07-2008, 10:05 AM
I appreciate and understand what you are saying here. The part of your quote I highlighted just disturbs me though.

I hear ya bro. Thing is, maybe this person works with abused children in some capacity. I have seen the results of shaken babies, physical and emotional abuse.

Years ago, before seeing these issues up close, I would not have paid any attention to your situation.

Today, I may have made the same phone call this woman made.

milkman
12-07-2008, 10:05 AM

Results may vary.

You suggested in another post that you probably curse more than anyone on this board, and I would suggest that you have no fucking idea how much some of us do curse.

However, using foul language in any way, shape, or form with children is just fucking stupid.

You, my friend, are a dumbfuck.

Scorp
12-07-2008, 10:07 AM
You suggested in another post that you probably curse more than anyone on this board, and I would suggest that you have no ****ing idea how much some of us do curse.

However, using foul language in any way, shape, or form with children is just ****ing stupid.

You, my friend, are a dumb****.

Congratulations: Those who often speak highly of morals are those who often lack them.

jrowe
12-07-2008, 10:08 AM
You left out some important details. Are you from Missouri, and do you look like a redneck? These details may have factored heavily into her decision.

luv
12-07-2008, 10:09 AM
Congratulations: Those who often speak highly of morals are those who often lack them.

Those who don't practice them also lack them.

milkman
12-07-2008, 10:09 AM

Yeah, ok dumbfuck.

Hog's Gone Fishin
12-07-2008, 10:10 AM
I think you should track the bitch down. Off her and dump her in the river.

And make the kids watch! They'll learn not to fuck with daddy and that bitch won't cause you any more problems.

Scorp
12-07-2008, 10:10 AM
You left out some important details. Are you from Missouri, and do you look like a redneck? These details may have factored heavily into her decision.

No, I am on the clean side of the river, redneck no.....serial killer perhaps. :hmmm:

Scorp
12-07-2008, 10:12 AM
I think you should track the bitch down. Off her and dump her in the river.

And make the kids watch! They'll learn not to **** with daddy and that bitch won't cause you any more problems.

I knew I could count on someone here for sound advice. :D

Fire Me Boy!
12-07-2008, 10:19 AM
Well I guess that is in their hands, but since she said I hit my kids she is blatantly lieing. I am wondering if i could sue her for "slander".

Two parts to a slander case... first, you have to prove she said it. Police report would probably confirm that. Second, you have to prove damages.

If you lose your kids, incur court costs, lose your job, then you have damages. If child services pays a visit and nothing happens, you have no damages. You have no slander case.

kstater
12-07-2008, 10:21 AM
Two parts to a slander case... first, you have to prove she said it. Police report would probably confirm that. Second, you have to prove damages.

If you lose your kids, incur court costs, lose your job, then you have damages. If child services pays a visit and nothing happens, you have no damages. You have no slander case.

Or if he recieves backlash from the community over the CPS visit, he would have damages.

MIAdragon
12-07-2008, 10:28 AM

Ok while I’m in the camp that you should keep the innocence of children for as long as possible and don’t condone any swearing in front of them calling the F bomb verbal abuse is a little ridiculous. Its not like he was calling his daughter a fat worthless pig and telling his son to off himself, he got frustrated and let some naught words slip, its not a big deal.

BigVE
12-07-2008, 10:29 AM
I guess if I would have witnessed Scorp's little tantrum I doubt I would have called the cops I would have just been thinking to myself "what a weak-minded punk@ss p*ssy" and left it at that. I have two kids and YES THEY CAN BE VERY FRUSTRATING but like someone before mentioned, emotional/verbal abuse is very damaging. I guess if child services does get involved Scorp has noone to blame but himself though...act like an ass in public and this is what happens.

crazycoffey
12-07-2008, 10:31 AM

If I were the cop, I'd go back to the woman and start asking more questions about the abuse she witnessed and key in on the physical part of the so called abuse (after I noticed NO signs of abuse at your house, seeing and talking to the children) When I got the woman to finally admit she made it up (and I really believe I could talk her into saying "yeah, I guess I didn't actually see him hit the kids") and even if I couldn't, I would still make a report on her for making a false police report.

The truth can sometimes be bad enough, but to make something up, just to trump up your story and make you look better, makes her the biggest bitch of the seasons.

yes, children services will follow up, and they have some record that will stay with you for three to five years, so if another bitch decides to call you in for something real or not, Child protective services will be able to bring this incident into the process at that later date.

That is my understanding of it, anyway. And yes I have a personal story on the subject.

Fire Me Boy!
12-07-2008, 10:31 AM
Or if he recieves backlash from the community over the CPS visit, he would have damages.
No, he would have to prove damages. He'd have to suffer some type of loss. When you are not in the public eye, damage to your name isn't damage. He doesn't make a living based on his name. Slander cases involving people that are not in the public eye (politicians, celebrities, news personalities, etc.) are very, very hard to prove.

Scorp
12-07-2008, 10:32 AM

Appreciate the insight. I welcome child services into my home. I also am going to try to tone down the language.

Sure-Oz
12-07-2008, 10:33 AM
Take it as a lesson learned, hopefully you learn to not cuss at your kids etc...

that said the lady was a bitch for being a snitch but she must've had some concern

ROYC75
12-07-2008, 10:33 AM

Food for thought, Kids learn what they see. Not saying that they will start acting this way but it is a good chance.
The woman not knowing you was probably thinking you would lose your cool once you got home and bust some ass or chops.

Fire Me Boy!
12-07-2008, 10:34 AM
Appreciate the insight. I welcome child services into my home. I also am going to try to tone down the language.
Hope it goes well. The bolded part is not only good for the kids, probably good for you, too.

:thumb:

crazycoffey
12-07-2008, 10:35 AM
I guess if I would have witnessed Scorp's little tantrum I doubt I would have called the cops I would have just been thinking to myself "what a weak-minded punk@ss p*ssy" and left it at that. I have two kids and YES THEY CAN BE VERY FRUSTRATING but like someone before mentioned, emotional/verbal abuse is very damaging. I guess if child services does get involved Scorp has noone to blame but himself though...act like an ass in public and this is what happens.

He admited to saying some cuss words, but that could just be, "damn it, I said....." and don't forget about his tone. It could be sort of frustrated, but not mad and yelling. I just highly doubt he was standing over his three year old, yelling at the top of his lungs; "you F-ing Pussy! How many God Damn Times do I have to tell you to F-ing get the F out of the resturant."

Sorry, I don't see that happening here. I could be wrong though....
And no I didn't read every single post, and I don't care if I missed something or not.

max sleeper
12-07-2008, 10:39 AM
So last night I was leaving a restaraunt with my wife and two kids.(ages 3 and 7) Of course my kids were not listening and after the 20th time of telling them to quit messing around I broke out into full cursing mode.

Me: It is people like you who need to mind their own f*cking buisness and get a life.

I then proceed into my vehicle and we go home. About an hour after we have been home a woman cop knocks on my door. The cop informs me that the woman called the cops and said I was hitting and abusing my children. The cop looks and talks to my children and comes to the determination that they are fine and my curse words didn't do any bodily harm to my children. Now I suppose since their was a report that child services will do a follow up.
It isn't that big of a deal, but this lady needs to stay the f*ck out of other peoples buisness.

You have kids 3 and 7... just look @ your avatar! That tells me all we need to know. Your children will turn out just like you if you keep this up. You were in public what did you think would happen? I know how being a parent can be stressfull... just take a little time foryourself to burn some stress. And I to have to watch my tongue... I catch myself all the time. You just have to find a different mind set. And patience is something we all have to work on. Go Chiefs!

Scorp
12-07-2008, 10:41 AM
You have kids 3 and 7... just look @ your avatar! That tells me all we need to know.

Ok this is interesting. Just what does my avatar tell you about me?

crazycoffey
12-07-2008, 10:41 AM

Results may vary.

As I said in my last post, tone may have a big impact on my decision is if it was ok or not. Plus is that how the parent always talks to the children...

Verbal abuse, to me, would be how it makes the kids feel, and you can abuse them verbally, without saying a single cuss word. It's deeper than just saying a few cuss words.

I'll say this, I hate this place sometimes. Not a SINGLE OTHER POSTER ON THIS BOARD was at that location, except SCORP. He admited to saying somethings that may not be perfect, and for that he's suddenly an immoral, ignorant, weak minded punk, etc.

But the truth, as usual on this place, is lost in assumptions.....

max sleeper
12-07-2008, 10:43 AM

:clap: Go Chiefs!

crazycoffey
12-07-2008, 10:45 AM
You have kids 3 and 7... just look @ your avatar! That tells me all we need to know.

This is like saying "just look at your post count..."
sofa king retarded

MIAdragon
12-07-2008, 10:47 AM

This made me think of this.

NSFW

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JKzM8xsQ5-U&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JKzM8xsQ5-U&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Sure-Oz

You're an immature hornball.....

seriously though, who gives a shit what your avy is, there alot of adults on here with avy's just like that with kids etc

Buehler445
I have no kids. Whenever I am around kids I TRY to keep my mouth in check. But cussing at a kid absolutely does NOT constitute abuse. My mom cussed at me several times when I was young and she was one of the most loving parents ever. I got spankings too, but only because I deserved them.

Scorp
12-07-2008, 10:48 AM
I'll say this, I hate this place sometimes. Not a SINGLE OTHER POSTER ON THIS BOARD was at that location, except SCORP. He admited to saying somethings that may not be perfect, and for that he's suddenly an immoral, ignorant, weak minded punk, etc.

Well, that is why I like this place. Sure you have to dig through the garbage a while, but every once in a while you find that perfect Big Mac still in the box. I appreciate everyones insight.........even Milkman's.

BigVE
12-07-2008, 10:49 AM
As I said in my last post, tone may have a big impact on my decision is if it was ok or not. Plus is that how the parent always talks to the children...

Verbal abuse, to me, would be how it makes the kids feel, and you can abuse them verbally, without saying a single cuss word. It's deeper than just saying a few cuss words.

B.S! All most of us on here did was the same as YOU did...give OUR opinion of what HE posted. (and SOME of us even read through all the posts) And YOU aren't the only one who may have gone through something similar to this. The bottom line is that so far in this country the type of behavior HE mentioned is still not socially acceptable and if witnessed in public is NOT considered OK or normal. What Scorp does is HIS BUSINESS...I don't know the guy personally at all. HE posted this IN A PUBLIC forum, thus the responses.

crazycoffey
12-07-2008, 10:49 AM

BTW - if this were true in this case, then why did the biotch feel the need to make shit up? To make it sound worse? Because that's kind of integrity you are refering to?

How about taking just this thread to judge a person's parental abilities? Is that a triumph over evil?

crazycoffey
12-07-2008, 10:50 AM
. I appreciate everyones insight.........even Milkman's.

Seriously? That's like saying Blue Balls brings good football knowledge to this site.....

:D

Buehler445
12-07-2008, 10:51 AM
This made me think of this.

NSFW

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JKzM8xsQ5-U&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JKzM8xsQ5-U&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Me too. Except that I think the priest says something like it in the opening scene.

max sleeper
12-07-2008, 10:51 AM

It tells me you are of the mindset of a 20 year old trying to impress his friends!... See also the lingo you used during this incident. You are a parent and have not grown up you act like you are still gettin drunk all the time and chasing tail. You can't tell me your 3 and 7 old do not see you on line and your avatar. Setting a good example is a big part of being a parent. And again I fight this all the time and I am learning to catch myself with my actions and the words I use. Go Chiefs!

MIAdragon
12-07-2008, 10:52 AM
Me too. Except that I think the priest says something like it in the opening scene.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AAm8Th82ElE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AAm8Th82ElE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

crazycoffey
12-07-2008, 10:54 AM
I have no kids. Whenever I am around kids I TRY to keep my mouth in check. But cussing at a kid absolutely does NOT constitute abuse. My mom cussed at me several times when I was young and she was one of the most loving parents ever. I got spankings too, but only because I deserved them.

This, except - I have kids.

Sure-Oz
12-07-2008, 10:55 AM
My mom beat me with a shoe and im not violent or cuss much, im just scared of high heels now

crazycoffey
12-07-2008, 10:56 AM
My mom beat me with a shoe and im not violent or cuss much, im just scared of high heels now

That must suck when you visit the strip clubs.....

Scorp
It tells me you are of the mindset of a 20 year old trying to impress his friends!... See also the lingo you used during this incident. You are a parent and have not grown up you act like you are still gettin drunk all the time and chasing tail. You can't tell me your 3 and 7 old do not see you on line and your avatar. Setting a good example is a big part of being a parent. And again I fight this all the time and I am learning to catch myself with my actions and the words I use. Go Chiefs!

Fail!

I have the mindset of a 10 year old!

I rarely drink maybe 3 to 6 times a year.

I stopped chasing tail 20 years ago.

My kids like Aunt Angie in my avatar.

Sure-Oz
:LOL: You have no clue who he is, there are a ton of people that have different avatars etc...based off mine i must be a fan of a psycho killer and like to kill things and put a smile on faces

max sleeper
12-07-2008, 10:57 AM

This tells me you value $ over most anything else. First thought is how you can gain from the incident... not the fact that your children went through this. Go Chiefs!

Bowser
12-07-2008, 10:58 AM

Dude, that's your sister?

crazycoffey
12-07-2008, 10:59 AM
This tells me you value $ over most anything else. First thought is how you can gain from the incident... not the fact that your children went through this. Go Chiefs!

IMO = it says he's interested in retribution, he feels wrongly accused and people shouldn't be able to make shit up and get you in trouble. Yes this will follow him, and maybe he's not in a job postion that it affects his career, but that doesn't make it OK;

Oh, and saying "go chiefs" at the end of all your posts - is quite annoying.

Scorp

FAIL!

This should have told you that someone told a blatant lie about me.

MIAdragon

your av cracks me up every time I see it! LMAO

Scorp

I kid.....I kid

max sleeper
12-07-2008, 11:01 AM
:LOL: You have no clue who he is, there are a ton of people that have different avatars etc...based off mine i must be a fan of a psycho killer and like to kill things and put a smile on faces

This thread is a clue into who he is. Had this incident and feels the need to post it on a Chiefs sight. Sounds like a cry for attentioin... he got some attention last night and does not like what he caused. Has nothing to do with u! Burn some post on someone else. Go Chiefs!

Scorp
12-07-2008, 11:01 AM
your av cracks me up every time I see it! LMAO

Your avvy makes me feel all stiff and stuff!:evil:

WilliamTheIrish
12-07-2008, 11:03 AM
He admited to saying some cuss words, but that could just be, "damn it, I said....." and don't forget about his tone. It could be sort of frustrated, but not mad and yelling. I just highly doubt he was standing over his three year old, yelling at the top of his lungs; "you F-ing Pussy! How many God Damn Times do I have to tell you to F-ing get the F out of the resturant."

Sorry, I don't see that happening here. I could be wrong though....
And no I didn't read every single post, and I don't care if I missed something or not.

Scorp admitted he "went into full cuss mode". And he did it in public. The person who was witnessing the incident felt it was enough of an issue to call. I applaud her for that. Did she stretch the truth? I don't really know. According to Scorp she did.

Maybe the cop got incorrect information. Maybe the witness called and said she was in fear the Scorp was going to hit his children? Maybe the officer that answered the call got the information wrong?
I mean, we all know cops never stretch the truth or get information wrong...

I don't see the need to take issue with the woman. She did what any good citizen should do.

Bowser
12-07-2008, 11:06 AM
This thread is a clue into who he is. Had this incident and feels the need to post it on a Chiefs sight. Sounds like a cry for attentioin... he got some attention last night and does not like what he caused. Has nothing to do with u! Burn some post on someone else. Go Chiefs!

I love me some amatuer Freud!

And yes, my avatar means my cock is an out of control straight killa.

Bowser
12-07-2008, 11:07 AM
I kid.....I kid

Because I was going to say that everyone here wants to bang your sister. :D

Scorp
12-07-2008, 11:07 AM

FAIL!

I post on here to get different personalities opinions on situations. This isn't just a chiefs sight. This is a place I like to call my second home. I can get very good and very bad opinions and advice. It gives me insight, information, and is a good time waster. Now I must go cry..............

Brock
12-07-2008, 11:08 AM

Shut the fuck up.

Scorp
12-07-2008, 11:09 AM
Because I was going to say that everyone here wants to bang your sister. :D

:D

Sure-Oz
12-07-2008, 11:10 AM

You're a dipshit

crazycoffey
12-07-2008, 11:12 AM
Scorp admitted he "went into full cuss mode". And he did it in public. The person who was witnessing the incident felt it was enough of an issue to call. I applaude her for that. Did she stretch the truth? I don't really know. According to Scorp she did.

Maybe the cop got incorrect information. Maybe the witness called and said she was in fear the Scorp was going to hit his children? Maybe the officer that answered the call got the information wrong?
I mean, we all know cops never stretch the truth or get information wrong...

I don't see the need to take issue with the woman. She did what any good citizen should do.

How do you know his definition and your definition of "full cuss mode" is the same? How do you know his tone? How do you know how it affects his kids? how do you know this is bad parenting? (parenting is about balance)

This whole thread is according to Scorp, that he even cussed is according to scorp, that she "stretched the truth" (what a crock of monkey poo, to even use that phrase, she said she witnessed him hitting his kids - thus implying mulitple hits - so she is a straight out lier) is all according to scorp.

A good citizen stops at car accidents and tries to help anyway they can, a good citizen picks up trash and throws it away, a good citizen reports suspecious activiety, a good can citizen report exessive physical contact to anyone;

but a good citizen does not make a false report just to gain support in what thier opinion of good parenting is. If he did something so socially unacceptable, then why the lies about what he really did? It doesn't add up.

Bwana
12-07-2008, 11:12 AM
Originally Posted by max sleeper

Sure-Oz
12-07-2008, 11:13 AM
How do you know his definition and your definition of "full cuss mode" is the same? How do you know his tone? How do you know how it affects his kids? how do you know this is bad parenting? (parenting is about balance)

This whole thread is according to Scorp, that he even cussed is according to scorp, that she "stretched the truth" (what a crock of monkey poo, to even use that phrase, she said she witnessed him hitting his kids - thus implying mulitple hits) is all according to scorp.

A good citizen stops at car accidents and tries to help anyway they can, a good citizen picks up trash and throws it away, a good citizen reports suspecious activiety, a good can citizen report exessive physical contact to anyone;

but a good citizen does not make a false report just to gain support in what thier opinion of good parenting is. If he did something so socially unacceptable, then why the lies about what he really did? It doesn't add up.

She's a stupid bitch looking to get someone in trouble...she should've just told exactly what she saw

max sleeper
12-07-2008, 11:14 AM
Shut the **** up.
**** is your nemesis. Go Chiefs!

luv
12-07-2008, 11:14 AM

Wow, this sounds like a response to some of my threads.

max sleeper
12-07-2008, 11:19 AM
IMO = it says he's interested in retribution, he feels wrongly accused and people shouldn't be able to make shit up and get you in trouble. Yes this will follow him, and maybe he's not in a job postion that it affects his career, but that doesn't make it OK;

Oh, and saying "go chiefs" at the end of all your posts - is quite annoying.

If he is worried about a job then he needs to watch his mouth/temper and not act like a madman in front of his kids/public. If you want to call it RETRIBUTION that is fine. But this guy is why slimy lawyers tie up the court system. Anything and everything for a buck. Go Chiefs!

Bearcat
12-07-2008, 11:20 AM
It's certainly an interesting dilemma for the woman, but at least Scorp was speaking English (didn't read every single post, has someone already made the Big_Daddy joke? Eh..).

On one hand, I think it's better to act than 'mind your own business' if you really think there's a problem. OTOH, the problem with that is if she calls the police and says "some guy was cussing at his kids", the police might not do anything about it (and, like it's been said, maybe she said she feared they would be abused). If she did say they were being hit, I'm NOT saying it was okay... if she wants to act out, she should find a more effective way of doing so without having to lie in order for people to take her seriously. I'm just saying that I can see how it's the quickest way to get action from those who can look into the issue.

LMAO

crazycoffey
12-07-2008, 11:21 AM
She's a stupid bitch looking to get someone in trouble...she should've just told exactly what she saw

Well, if the truth of the night is as scorp laid it out, actually she should have kept to herself. Her opinion of parenting differs than scorp's and she didn't like it. That's all this is. You are saying what I said too, if what happened was so bad, than why did she make shit up?

She also probably didn't like that the cops said it wasn't a criminal offense to cuss his kids, so she went on to add "well he was hitting them too" just to not feel like a dumbass.

To me her negative action to make shit up, just to "win" is WORSE than Scorp's decision to cuss his kids.

Bowser
12-07-2008, 11:21 AM
If he is worried about a job then he needs to watch his mouth/temper and not act like a madman in front of his kids/public. If you want to call it RETRIBUTION that is fine. But this guy is why slimy lawyers tie up the court system. Anything and everything for a buck. Go Chiefs!

Seriously. Stop.

Sure-Oz
12-07-2008, 11:22 AM
I bet max sleeper is the lady that ratted on him

Bowser
12-07-2008, 11:23 AM

There must be some kind of personal issue with this you're dealing with. You're making way too big leaps to conclusions here.

luv
12-07-2008, 11:23 AM
Well, if the truth of the night is as scorp laid it out, actually she should have kept to herself. Her opinion of parenting differs than scorp's and she didn't like it. That's all this is. You are saying what I said too, if what happened was so bad, than why did she make shit up?

She also probably didn't like that the cops said it wasn't a criminal offense to cuss his kids, so she went on to add "well he was hitting them too" just to not feel like a dumbass.

To me her negative action to make shit up, just to "win" is WORSE than Scorp's decision to cuss his kids.

How do you know she's the one who made something up? What if she said she feared they would be abused, and the police too that as they were being abused? Hard to pass judgement when you don't know all of the facts.

crazycoffey
12-07-2008, 11:24 AM

I'm not a fish and you aren't going to bait me.

I didn't know you were there, my appologies. You obviously saw the events unfold and I did not....

Sure-Oz
How do you know she's the one who made something up? What if she said she feared they would be abused, and the police too that as they were being abused? Hard to pass judgement when you don't know all of the facts.

Who cares, someone made some shit up, but stupid nosy bitches ive known have a tendency to stretch the truth

luv
There must be some kind of personal issue with this you're dealing with. You're making way too big leaps to conclusions here.

I don't know why he isn't posting in Chiefs thread, since he feels so strongly that this thread is a call for attention. If anyone is calling for attentin here, it's him.

Bearcat
not act like a madman in front of his kids/public

Wow.

I know Scorp is at the risk of people jumping to conclusions since he didn't post exactly what he said, but seriously... she could have heard the word 'sh*t' and been so highly offended that she acted out (regardless of what other words were said or not said), or it could have been a string of words. However, 'act like a madman' is a little too far of a jump. :doh!:

Bowser

You could conceivably say that about anyone, at anytime.

Scorp
12-07-2008, 11:25 AM

Ok, that f*cking god damn does it ruight there! What the f*ck, I want to make a god damn buck? Holy f*cking sh!t. I need a drink........then some pussy..........but first I am late giving my kids their morning whippings!

later.

Bowser
12-07-2008, 11:26 AM
Ok, that f*cking god damn does it ruight there! What the f*ck, I want to make a god damn buck? Holy f*cking sh!t. I need a drink........then some pussy..........but first I am late giving my kids their morning whippings!

later.

HOLY SHIT HE'S DRUNK AND BEATING CHILDREN CALL AUTHORITIES OR SOMETHING

crazycoffey
12-07-2008, 11:26 AM

This was my entire point this whole F-ing morning, thank you for finally seeing it....

Sure-Oz
12-07-2008, 11:27 AM

later.

OMG someone get his IP addy stat, we must find a way to get him arrested, his wife and kids are in danger!1111111111111

WilliamTheIrish
12-07-2008, 11:28 AM

So a good citizen should pick up trash or render assistance in an accident, but when a parent publicly displays behavior that makes another person feel there may be danger to the kids, they should keep to themselves?

luv
12-07-2008, 11:29 AM
This was my entire point this whole F-ing morning, thank you for finally seeing it....

Sorry I was late. I was playing Mah-Jong.

CoMoChief
12-07-2008, 11:31 AM
Kids repeat what they hear. Punishing them whenever they start cussing will be futile. JMO.

Thats why you teach your kids the difference b/w right and wrong and when its ok and not ok to say things. :D

Bowser
12-07-2008, 11:32 AM
So a good citizen should pick up trash or render assistance in an accident, but when a parent publicly displays behavior that makes another person feel there may be danger to the kids, they should keep to themselves?

She should have told him to keep it down while he's in public before he offends someone, not call the fucking cops and lie about seeing physical abuse.

IA_Chiefs_fan
IMO - There is a difference between cussing/throwing a tantrum and cussing AT the kids. I too have a foul mouth and use words I shouldn't when I get frustrated. I do not call the kids names or anything like that though.
not right but not horrible(what I'm sometimes guilty of) - "Damn it. This is bullsh*t!"
not acceptable, horrible - "Damn you. You little piece of sh*t!"

Bowser

Sounds kinky.

The Bad Guy
12-07-2008, 11:33 AM
You have kids 3 and 7... just look @ your avatar! That tells me all we need to know. Your children will turn out just like you if you keep this up. You were in public what did you think would happen? I know how being a parent can be stressfull... just take a little time foryourself to burn some stress. And I to have to watch my tongue... I catch myself all the time. You just have to find a different mind set. And patience is something we all have to work on. Go Chiefs!

Go fuck yourself.

Bearcat
12-07-2008, 11:34 AM

later.

Calm down, the Chiefs game doesn't start until 3ct. You have plenty of time to do all that...

Scorp
12-07-2008, 11:35 AM
I am back................. I think I hurt my hand pretty bad. hard to type with the swelling. Need more booze I think..............what I miss? ouch

The Bad Guy
12-07-2008, 11:35 AM

Is it hard to sit down in the computer chair with a stick shoved so far up your ass that it comes out your nose?

crazycoffey
12-07-2008, 11:36 AM

OK, obviously we can only go off the information provided, as to neither of us were there to witness it ourselves.

A) Scorp said he cussed at his kids
B) A woman heard him CUSSING
C) The woman told police he was "hitting" his kids
A + B does not = C

D) Cussing at your kids isn't good but not illegal
E) Spanking isn't hitting and isn't illegal
F) Hitting your kids is worse and is illegal

Some people disagree with D and E, but the law says it's not illegal therefore even if you don't like what you see, you should mind your own business.
Everyone agrees that F is bad
I'm not endorsing cursing at your kids

Good day.

The Bad Guy
12-07-2008, 11:38 AM
You know what this thread tells me about Max Sleeper?

That he feels the need to play message board therapist when likely his own personal life is a fucking distaster. Casting judgement on other people because he's likely a horrible parent and this thread has made him feel better about himself.

crazycoffey
12-07-2008, 11:40 AM

is that code?

Like playing the banjo, stroking the salmon, touching the taco, buffing the baloon knot, etc?

Agent V
12-07-2008, 11:40 AM
Judging a man's personality, drinking habits, and treatment of his children based on his avatar on a football forum? Now would be the time to "catch yourself with the words you use".

Scorp, I'm not a parent. I've only coached kids in flag football, so I'd fell ill-informed offering up any advice here.

Scorp
12-07-2008, 11:41 AM
OK, obviously we can only go off the information provided, as to neither of us were there to witness it ourselves.

A) Scorp said he cussed at his kids
B) A woman heard him CUSSING
C) The woman told police he was "hitting" his kids
A + B does not = C

D) Cussing at your kids isn't good but not illegal
E) Spanking isn't hitting and isn't illegal
F) Hitting your kids is worse and is illegal

Some people disagree with D and E, but the law says it's not illegal therefore even if you don't like what you see, you should mind your own business.
Everyone agrees that F is bad
I'm not endorsing cursing at your kids

Good day.

Just so I am clear on this........... shocking your kids with a cut electrical cord.

Good or Bad? It is all very confusing.

luv
12-07-2008, 11:44 AM
is that code?

Like playing the banjo, stroking the salmon, touching the taco, buffing the baloon knot, etc?

http://www.freegames.ws/games/boardgames/mahjong/freemahjong.htm

crazycoffey
12-07-2008, 11:45 AM
Just so I am clear on this........... shocking your kids with a cut electrical cord.

Good or Bad? It is all very confusing.

9v battery pack, probably ok. 110 or 220 plug outlet, well that's debatable....

max sleeper
12-07-2008, 11:48 AM
Wow.

I know Scorp is at the risk of people jumping to conclusions since he didn't post exactly what he said, but seriously... she could have heard the word 'sh*t' and been so highly offended that she acted out (regardless of what other words were said or not said), or it could have been a string of words. However, 'act like a madman' is a little too far of a jump. :doh!:

I should have used madCHILD... not MAN sorry... Go Chiefs!

Brock
12-07-2008, 11:49 AM
I should have used madCHILD... not MAN sorry... Go Chiefs!

Whose alt userid are you again?

Buck
12-07-2008, 11:53 AM
I'm not going to read the whole thread because I'm lazy as ****, but I'm sure half the people have a sandy vagina, and are mad at Scorp, and the other half know where he is coming from.

I'm sure that he tried plenty of options before busting out the curse words.

I applaud him for not striking his children though. I dont think there is anything wrong w/ cursing at your kids if they arent in line.

About 2 years ago, I was picking up my best friend who worked at Chuck E Cheese, and as I was waiting outside, this lady starting smacking her kid in her face repeatedly. The kid was no more than 6 years old. I immediately got in her face and followed her to her car and gave her shit the whole way, just shaming the shit out of her in front of her kids. Her boyfriend was right there too and he didn't say anything.

Imagine how soft this country looks to parents from the 60s. No spanking, no cursing...We just want all our precious little angels to have everything and grow up and have happy lives...

Like getting your kids in line is such a horrible thing.

max sleeper
12-07-2008, 12:02 PM

later.

See how you drop 3 f bombs a gd and sh1t in 3 lines? Great for kids to be around. Go Chiefs!

Sure-Oz
12-07-2008, 12:03 PM
See how you drop 3 f bombs a gd and sh1t in 3 lines? Great for kids to be around. Go Chiefs!

He was being sarcastic you dumbfuck

Bwana
12-07-2008, 12:05 PM

Wow :spock:

luv
12-07-2008, 12:09 PM
I'm not going to read the whole thread because I'm lazy as ****, but I'm sure half the people have a sandy vagina, and are mad at Scorp, and the other half know where he is coming from.

I applaud him for not striking his children though. I dont think there is anything wrong w/ cursing at your kids if they arent in line.

About 2 years ago, I was picking up my best friend who worked at Chuck E Cheese, and as I was waiting outside, this lady starting smacking her kid in her face repeatedly. The kid was no more than 6 years old. I immediately got in her face and followed her to her car and gave her shit the whole way, just shaming the shit out of her in front of her kids. Her boyfriend was right there too and he didn't say anything.

Imagine how soft this country looks to parents from the 60s. No spanking, no cursing...We just want all our precious little angels to have everything and grow up and have happy lives...

I can't see a housewife cursing at a 3 year old.

luv
12-07-2008, 12:09 PM

You cannot be this dumb.

Buck
12-07-2008, 12:11 PM
I can't see a housewife cursing at a 3 year old.

Not to bring gender into this (but I will anyways), its usually the Dads who are supposed to be the enforcers.

IMO, Kids who are spoiled and not disciplined grow up to be the losers who cant get ahead in life and blame all of their problems on their parents.

luv
12-07-2008, 12:15 PM
Not to bring gender into this (but I will anyways), its usually the Dads who are supposed to be the enforcers.

IMO, Kids who are spoiled and not disciplined grow up to be the losers who cant get ahead in life and blame all of their problems on their parents.

Yeah, the housewife is just going to let the kid continue doing whatever it is they're doing untill daddy gets home.

If cussing makes your children behave, you've got weird children. I don't see the point in cursing around small children. Then, when they start repeating what mommy or daddy says around other people, they're going to get punished for it. I've never understood do-as-I-say-but-not-as-I-do parenting. Then again, I don't have kids, so who am I to know what's effective.

kstater
12-07-2008, 12:16 PM
9v battery pack, probably ok. 110 or 220 plug outlet, well that's debatable....

From many, many experiences, 110's just a slight sting if done in moderation, so I'd be ok with it for short bursts. 220 though is just plain mean.

Bearcat
12-07-2008, 12:20 PM
You cannot be this dumb.

Duplicate accounts are somewhat entertaining until they cross a line of stupidity that makes it completely obvious that it's a dupe. Not that it wasn't obvious before, but now he's not even trying...

Dr. Johnny Fever
12-07-2008, 12:23 PM
Yeah, the housewife is just going to let the kid continue doing whatever it is they're doing untill daddy gets home.

If cussing makes your children behave, you've got weird children. I don't see the point in cursing around small children. Then, when they start repeating what mommy or daddy says around other people, they're going to get punished for it. I've never understood do-as-I-say-but-not-as-I-do parenting. Then again, I don't have kids, so who am I to know what's effective.

Because you're using common sense.

Buck
12-07-2008, 12:29 PM
Duplicate accounts are somewhat entertaining until they cross a line of stupidity that makes it completely obvious that it's a dupe. Not that it wasn't obvious before, but now he's not even trying...

A dupe from 2001?

Ooh Ooh, who is it?

cdcox
12-07-2008, 12:36 PM

Your Chief-fandom makes you a bad parent. You'll end up drawing your kids in and then they will be subjected to a life of NFL misery. You should give up the Chiefs for the sake of your kids.

Brock
12-07-2008, 12:50 PM
A dupe from 2001?

Ooh Ooh, who is it?

Kotter, or someone equally boring and uncreative.

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
12-07-2008, 12:51 PM

There absolutely is something wrong with cursing at your children. To me when you are cursing at someone it is a form of insult; now you can do it jokingly with your friends, and you can do it seriously with people. I know I am gulity of it. But I have never cursed at my children or any other kid; it serves no purpose as young children have no idea what the words mean. And when they do know what the words mean it conveys a very negative impression on them. I try to talk to my children in a manner BETTER then how I wanted to be spoken to; just a small part of my hope that my children are better people then me.

J Diddy
12-07-2008, 12:53 PM
is that code?

I like to play with mah dong

Bowser
12-07-2008, 12:57 PM
From many, many experiences, 110's just a slight sting if done in moderation, so I'd be ok with it for short bursts. 220 though is just plain mean.

"Little did he know that here in East Germany we use 220 volt power. It took our doctors three hours to remove the smile from his face."

max sleeper
12-07-2008, 01:01 PM
There absolutely is something wrong with cursing at your children. To me when you are cursing at someone it is a form of insult; now you can do it jokingly with your friends, and you can do it seriously with people. I know I am gulity of it. But I have never cursed at my children or any other kid; it serves no purpose as young children have no idea what the words mean. And when they do know what the words mean it conveys a very negative impression on them. I try to talk to my children in a manner BETTER then how I wanted to be spoken to; just a small part of my hope that my children are better people then me.

:clap: Go Chiefs!

max sleeper
12-07-2008, 01:07 PM
He was being sarcastic you dumb****

Again... see the thread were I talk about him needing attention and trying to impress his friends with the words he uses... joking or not. You are his friend I take it? You seem stand with him on this topic. Go Chiefs!

Bowser
12-07-2008, 01:08 PM
Again... see the thread were I talk about him needing attention and trying to impress his friends with the words he uses... joking or not. You are his friend I take it? You seem stand with him on this topic. Go Chiefs!

You're awfully judgemental. Did your parents cuss at you a lot as a child?

luv
12-07-2008, 01:09 PM

Your and idiot.

Had to be said. Also an attention whore.

Bowser
12-07-2008, 01:10 PM

And you've done a fine job of diverting all attention to you in this thread, by the way.

max sleeper
12-07-2008, 01:17 PM
Your and idiot.

Had to be said. Also an attention whore.

You= 25000+ post
Me=170+ post

Who is the attention whore? And man was MIZZOU unleashed last night!

Go get your post-gasm on another planetier! Go Chiefs!

max sleeper
12-07-2008, 01:21 PM
And you've done a fine job of diverting all attention to you in this thread, by the way.

Stupid Bitch

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LET US REFOCUS! Go Chiefs!

luv
12-07-2008, 01:23 PM
You= 25000+ post
Me=170+ post

Who is the attention whore? And man was MIZZOU unleashed last night!

Go get your post-gasm on another planetier! Go Chiefs!

Post count has nothing to do with being an attention whore. Subject of posts do. Funny how you've gone to such an extreme in order to get a pile-on on you.

Also, IMO, people who make up alt accounts in order to judge/insult others is a pussy.

Bowser
12-07-2008, 01:29 PM
How dare you put "fucking" in the middle of Merry Christmas. Obviously, you need the cops called on you because you beat your children.

Rain Man
12-07-2008, 01:35 PM
On the positive side, if Social Services takes your kids for a month, their foster parents will pay for their Christmas gifts and you can save some money.

It's kind of surprising that she would call the cops. Hopefully you asked the police to inform her that her call was groundless and that the kids are fine.

Bearcat
12-07-2008, 01:36 PM
Also, IMO, people who make up alt accounts in order to judge/insult others is a pussy.

QFT. This. And so forth.

kstater
12-07-2008, 01:37 PM
On the positive side, if Social Services takes your kids for a month, their foster parents will pay for their Christmas gifts and you can save some money.

It's kind of surprising that she would call the cops. Hopefully you asked the police to inform her that her call was groundless and that the kids are fine.

And under no circumstances should you yell back to the kids' room saying "just wait till this fucking pig leaves, then I'll teach ya."

crazycoffey
12-07-2008, 01:40 PM

but this is the point of the whole disagreement between the two sides, it falls under parental philosophies and not legal actions.

You say you disagree with it, but you also say kids don't know what the words mean, so therefore, how can it be so bad to say the cuss word anyway? But at the end of the day, you don't call the cops because another parent used a couple cuss words.

J Diddy
12-07-2008, 01:45 PM
but this is the point of the whole disagreement between the two sides, it falls under parental philosophies and not legal actions.

You say you disagree with it, but you also say kids don't know what the words mean, so therefore, how can it be so bad to say the cuss word anyway? But at the end of the day, you don't call the cops because another parent used a couple cuss words.

I could think of a whole lot of reasons not to say those words. The foremost being kids try to be like their parents. I sure don't want my six year old using it.

Rain Man
12-07-2008, 01:48 PM
On a different note, I was out Christmas shopping yesterday, and there was a crazy guy walking around. This is in a kind of touristy area, and there were some street performers and this guy suddenly started jumping around and yelling. I'm not trying to be facetious, but I thought maybe he was just a smart alec who was trying to do rap singing, since all that is is yelling. He was perhaps 20 to 25 years old, and pretty good-sized.

I went in a store and came back out, and he was still yelling, and it wasn't very complimentary stuff. Much of it appeared to be aimed at the Denver Police Department. As I walked by him, he abruptly stopped and started walking right behind me, which kind of freaked me out a little. I moved on the sidewalk so I could see him out of my peripheral vision and slowed down, and he walked by me. Then he started yelling again, and everybody was giving him lots of space.

So at this point I'm about 15 feet behind him and he's walking and yelling, and I couldn't really understand what he was saying. However, up the street a little was a volunteer fundraiser for "Save The Children", and whatever he said didn't please the guy. He said, "What did you say?" to the crazy guy. The "Save The Children" guy was about 50, and looked to be in pretty good shape, albeit smaller than the crazy guy.

The crazy guy made a beeline to the Save The Children guy, and the Save The Children guy walked toward him as well. The crazy got right up in the face of the Save The Children guy and was yelling agitatedly and the Save The Children guy was yelling right back, saying "I don't have to take that from you" and other stuff. I had my cell phone out and literally dialed the 9 and was about to hit the 11 when the crazy guy turned and walked away. The two of them kept yelling at each other, but it was obvious that the crazy guy wasn't looking for a fight or otherwide it would've happened.

The crazy guy was kind of scary and I considered just calling anyway, but it's a tough balance. He walked away, so I decided that he wasn't dangerous. I couldn't figure out what set off the Save The Children guy, though, and why he didn't just leave the guy alone.

Inspector
12-07-2008, 01:49 PM
I for one, am for his avatar.

Bowser
12-07-2008, 01:50 PM
On a different note, I was out Christmas shopping yesterday, and there was a crazy guy walking around. This is in a kind of touristy area, and there were some street performers and this guy suddenly started jumping around and yelling. I'm not trying to be facetious, but I thought maybe he was just a smart alec who was trying to do rap singing, since all that is is yelling. He was perhaps 20 to 25 years old, and pretty good-sized.

I went in a store and came back out, and he was still yelling, and it wasn't very complimentary stuff. Much of it appeared to be aimed at the Denver Police Department. As I walked by him, he abruptly stopped and started walking right behind me, which kind of freaked me out a little. I moved on the sidewalk so I could see him out of my peripheral vision and slowed down, and he walked by me. Then he started yelling again, and everybody was giving him lots of space.

So at this point I'm about 15 feet behind him and he's walking and yelling, and I couldn't really understand what he was saying. However, up the street a little was a volunteer fundraiser for "Save The Children", and whatever he said didn't please the guy. He said, "What did you say?" to the crazy guy. The "Save The Children" guy was about 50, and looked to be in pretty good shape, albeit smaller than the crazy guy.

The crazy guy made a beeline to the Save The Children guy, and the Save The Children guy walked toward him as well. The crazy got right up in the face of the Save The Children guy and was yelling agitatedly and the Save The Children guy was yelling right back, saying "I don't have to take that from you" and other stuff. I had my cell phone out and literally dialed the 9 and was about to hit the 11 when the crazy guy turned and walked away. The two of them kept yelling at each other, but it was obvious that the crazy guy wasn't looking for a fight or otherwide it would've happened.

The crazy guy was kind of scary and I considered just calling anyway, but it's a tough balance. He walked away, so I decided that he wasn't dangerous. I couldn't figure out what set off the Save The Children guy, though, and why he didn't just leave the guy alone.

He didn't hop on a bike and ride off screaming obscenities, did he?

Rain Man
12-07-2008, 01:51 PM

When I was a little kid, I always thought it was funny that when my dad would talk to other adults he tended to use longshoreman language. (Not real bad, but not rare.) But he never ever used it in a conversation with his kids.

Donger
12-07-2008, 01:52 PM
Dropping the f-bomb on a seven year old, let alone a three year old, is completely unacceptable. Why would you expect your children to control themselves when you chose not to do so?

Rain Man
12-07-2008, 01:54 PM
He didn't hop on a bike and ride off screaming obscenities, did he?

Now that you mention it...

Seriously, if a guy like that was in my garage taking my bike, I wouldn't go out there with my baseball bat. There would be no attempt at vigilante justice.

Bowser
12-07-2008, 01:54 PM
Dropping the f-bomb on a seven year old, let alone a three year old, is completely unacceptable. Why would you expect your children to control themselves when you chose not to do so?

You're right, but that's not the jist of his bitch in this thread.

Dr. Johnny Fever
12-07-2008, 01:55 PM

:clap:

This is your best post ever Donger.

Donger
12-07-2008, 01:55 PM
You're right, but that's not the jist of his bitch in this thread.

Yes, I know. I wouldn't have called the police without witnessing physical abuse.

crazycoffey
12-07-2008, 01:57 PM
I could think of a whole lot of reasons not to say those words. The foremost being kids try to be like their parents. I sure don't want my six year old using it.

I agree with you, totally, but I wouldn't call the cops if I saw someone doing it either. I surely wouldn't say I saw that person hitting thier kids just because I didn't like how they cussed at their kids.

max sleeper
12-07-2008, 01:58 PM
Also, IMO, people who make up alt accounts in order to judge/insult others is a pussy.[/QUOTE]

Ok the cussing thing again....... see that last word you posted? Do you not like what you are calling me (pussy)? ... so you do like me? You need to FOCUS!!!! back to the topic... I have no big beef with you just your attitude and the way you talk to others. Go chiefs!

Joe Seahawk
12-07-2008, 02:00 PM
My only advice to scorp: Dude, don't cuss at your kids.. It's hard sometimes but damn, it does no good..

crazycoffey
12-07-2008, 02:01 PM

Ok the cussing thing again....... see that last word you posted? Do you not like what you are calling me (pussy)? ... so you do like me? You need to FOCUS!!!! back to the topic... I have no big beef with you just your attitude and the way you talk to others. Go chiefs![/quote]

h'eh, you said "big beef"

blueballs
12-07-2008, 02:09 PM
spare the rod spoil the child
don't know about the tongue
-oh shit this didn't turn out right

Dr. Johnny Fever
12-07-2008, 02:12 PM
IMO it's pretty easy to tell why so many kids are disrespectful these days when so many parents have no little or no respect for the way they treat their kids. Foul mouthed parents will raise foul mouthed kids who think nothing of being bullys and running off at the mouth whenever they don't get their way.

Sure I cuss... in joking around with my adult friends or on here... not to my daughter. She doesn't deserve that and I couldn't expect her respect me if I were to teach her that's they way grown ups act when they get mad about something.

Now I will admit some profanity has slipped in front of her now and then. And she calls me on it which I think is great. I've either gotten a disgusted look or a "DAD!" like she's disciplining me... and I'm really glad she knows the difference between right and wrong that well. If I cuss in front of her I apologize.

I have no concerns about her becoming a responsible adult. In many ways she's more responsible than half the adults I know already... at age 12.

Pablo
12-07-2008, 02:12 PM
You have kids 3 and 7... just look @ your avatar! That tells me all we need to know. And that's probably why it's a good thing you have 194 posts in 7 years...

J Diddy
12-07-2008, 02:29 PM
I agree with you, totally, but I wouldn't call the cops if I saw someone doing it either. I surely wouldn't say I saw that person hitting thier kids just because I didn't like how they cussed at their kids.

Oh I agree, but if it was going too far.....

Depends, on how it was used.

if it simply used like get the fuck in the car, I'd turn the other cheek

If it was used confrontational like it was gonna escalate into something violent I would have to do something.

Phobia
12-07-2008, 02:46 PM
Dude - you've admitted you probably swear more than anybody on this board. Have you ever asked yourself why you do that? I don't think it necessarily makes you a bad person and if it's how you've been conditioned your entire life how can we expect any different behavior.

You can give your children something better. I'm not trying to humiliate you. From what little I can tell about you through your posts, you're a decent guy. Swearing at your kids a couple times isn't going to kill them. But there are a lot of effective parenting techniques available to you and I've never seen any expert suggest swearing at them to be a choice.

Braincase
12-07-2008, 02:51 PM
I used to use foul language but I've stopped for the most part. Using language like that in front of kids sets a bad example, and nothing says "trailer trash" like a guy dropping f-bombs on little kids.

My kids ask me about language, about curse words. I'm glad we have that kind of relationship.

I teach them that curse words have power, but the more you use them the less power they have. If you never curse, and then an occassion arises that you use them, they astonish, shock, surprise and terrify.

If you use them all the time, you lose that. You're just another idiot going on a foul mouthed tirade... again.

Donger
12-07-2008, 02:53 PM
Perhaps this question has been asked, but was the wife witness to this behavior?

Mecca
12-07-2008, 02:56 PM
Just words....it's one thing if you punch your kid in the face.

Donger
12-07-2008, 02:57 PM

I disagree. Words can do damage, too.

Phobia
12-07-2008, 02:58 PM
I used to use foul language but I've stopped for the most part. Using language like that in front of kids sets a bad example, and nothing says "trailer trash" like a guy dropping f-bombs on little kids.

My kids ask me about language, about curse words. I'm glad we have that kind of relationship.

I teach them that curse words have power, but the more you use them the less power they have. If you never curse, and then an occassion arises that you use them, they astonish, shock, surprise and terrify.

If you use them all the time, you lose that. You're just another idiot going on a foul mouthed tirade... again.

That's a pretty good way to think about it. That's what happens at my house. If either my wife or myself use any profanity at all it really sends a message because it's rare.

If I told any of my kids to sit their ASS down, they'd take it pretty seriously because I don't use that language with them ever. I know my teens hear it every single day at school. I'm not naive. But their parents should set a better example.

Mecca
12-07-2008, 03:00 PM
I disagree. Words can do damage, too.

Oh you believe in all that overly sensitive stuff.....do you think it's bad to spank your kid too?

Donger
12-07-2008, 03:00 PM
That's a pretty good way to think about it. That's what happens at my house. If either my wife or myself use any profanity at all it really sends a message because it's rare.

If I told any of my kids to sit their ASS down, they'd take it pretty seriously because I don't use that language with them ever. I know my teens hear it every single day at school. I'm not naive. But their parents should set a better example.

You should learn to curse in different languages.

Phobia
12-07-2008, 03:01 PM

Sticks and stones is a myth designed to help pre-schoolers feel better. Words are harmful. Words cause divorce, murder, and even wars.

Donger
12-07-2008, 03:01 PM
Oh you believe in all that overly sensitive stuff.....do you think it's bad to spank your kid too?

Yes, I do. If you've raised your kids well, a certain look or verbal warning will suffice.

Phobia
12-07-2008, 03:04 PM

I have no problems with spankings. I don't think there's ever a reason to slap, strike, or beat kids.

Brock
12-07-2008, 03:05 PM
Spanking is retarded.

Donger
12-07-2008, 03:06 PM
I have no problems with spankings. I don't think there's ever a reason to slap, strike, or beat kids.

So, it's just the difference in velocity that makes it okay? The location of the slap?

luv
12-07-2008, 03:10 PM
So, it's just the difference in velocity that makes it okay? The location of the slap?

There's extra padding there for a reason.

Pablo
12-07-2008, 03:15 PM
There's extra padding there for a reason.So if you've got a chunky kid you just punch them in the gut?

Phobia
12-07-2008, 03:15 PM

I'm a product of beatings and slaps. I know the difference well and I know what was effective against me and what felt like vindication for my parents.

Spanking on the rear with a wooden spoon is an effective tool and it isn't going to hurt them.

Ebolapox
12-07-2008, 03:19 PM
I'm not a parent (yet), so I have a hard time posting in this thread. if I did, it would make me feel like slayer diablo trying to dispense advice about things I have no clue about.

that said--dude, there's no reason to cuss at your kids. now, was the lady in the wrong calling the cops on you and falsely accusing you of beating your kids? yes, she was. BUT--she'd have had no reason to call in the first place had you not been like that towards your kids.

obviously, I realize that it's hard to say what I would have done in that situation never having been there myself. I'm not against the occasional spanking, as it has its place in maintaining discipline of children... however, I agree with those who have responded that a sharp 'glare' (or 'the look') can be used just as effectively as a spanking. so, what's the going away message? I guess, it's that the lady was wrong, but so were you when you cussed at your kids in a harsh enough way that the 'stupid bitch' had an excuse to pick up her phone in the first place. two wrongs don't make a right--make the correct decision next time and try to remain calm. in the long run, you AND your kids will be better off for it.

Donger
12-07-2008, 03:24 PM
I'm a product of beatings and slaps. I know the difference well and I know what was effective against me and what felt like vindication for my parents.

Spanking on the rear with a wooden spoon is an effective tool and it isn't going to hurt them.

My mother used to hit us with a yard stick (well, a metre stick). The narrow side, too, like a sword. Hurt like hell. We found we she hid it one day and broke it into little pieces. She saw the pieces and calmly went into the kitchen. Turns out she had a stash of back-ups. We were pretty wild boys, though, who didn't give her any respect.

Donger
12-07-2008, 03:27 PM
There's extra padding there for a reason.

Meh. What is the purpose of a spanking? As punishment? If I ever spank my kids, I'd view it as a failure on my part.

Phobia
12-07-2008, 04:09 PM
Meh. What is the purpose of a spanking? As punishment? If I ever spank my kids, I'd view it as a failure on my part.

I realize we disagree and I'm okay with that.

I don't think that a wooden spoon should be the go-to enforcer. It's a last resort in my house and just having it available is usually effective. Most weeks pass without using a spoon but there have been times where it's used 2 or 3 times a week. Usually it's when the kids get home from a weekend at Grandma's. Heh.

Fire Me Boy!
12-07-2008, 04:53 PM

I don't think that a wooden spoon should be the go-to enforcer. It's a last resort in my house and just having it available is usually effective. Most weeks pass without using a spoon but there have been times where it's used 2 or 3 times a week. Usually it's when the kids get home from a weekend at Grandma's. Heh.

You should try a cast iron pan.

I'm tellin' ya... cast iron is better for EVERYTHING.

Phobia
12-07-2008, 05:02 PM
You should try a cast iron pan.

I'm tellin' ya... cast iron is better for EVERYTHING.

Heh. My mother once cracked me in the head with a maple cutting board. The impending flat spot is the reason I can't shave my head.

stumppy
12-07-2008, 05:06 PM
You don't get a second chance to raise your kids. You'll reap what you sow.

Fairplay
12-07-2008, 05:06 PM
Yes, I do. If you've raised your kids well, a certain look or verbal warning will suffice.

I agree. I could read my dad like a book. I knew before hand that he was starting to get upset.

But that's good. You knew where the line in the sand is drawn, as it should be.

LiL stumppy
12-07-2008, 05:30 PM
Who cares if a parent cusses at his kids, the kids will be saying every cuss word in the book by the time they are in 6th grade.

NCarlsCorner2
12-07-2008, 05:31 PM

That's how O.J Simpson started out, look where he is now.ROFL

Ultra Peanut
12-07-2008, 05:36 PM
Very whiskey tango.Quite.

Kylo Ren
12-07-2008, 06:01 PM

I don't think this thread went the way you thought it would.

For me, I'm all for child discipline. But, I can't stand it when parents cuss at their children. It's just plain stupid. You deserved to be confronted. Having the cops called on you might have been overkill. But, I applaud the lady for confronting your dumb ass.

Phobia
12-07-2008, 06:04 PM
Calling the cops was definitely overkill. But I don't have a problem with somebody confronting him on it.... in a respectful manner and out of earshot of his kids.

wutamess
12-07-2008, 06:12 PM
Dude you opened up a can of whoopass from the perfect/high brow parents crowd.

Just to join in...
I was one a conference call last year with my boss and some other people.
To make a long story short...

My oldest (11 yo) hits one of the younger ones. And the young one (2 at the time) yells at the top of his lungs.

I thought I had the phone on mute but I didn't.
So in the middle of the meeting I yell out...
"Can't you see I'm on the ****ing phone?"
Then tell my 2yo to shut up his mouth.

I was so freaking embarrassed.
OTOH, I curse at my kids when I mean bidness. probably shouldn't but they're raised really well so dont really give a chit what others think. The pussification of America will continue but not with my kids. Life's real so they get real life.

KCChiefsMan
12-07-2008, 06:16 PM
sorry but that's a pretty bad thing to do, cursing and throwing a fit because your THREE year old isn't cooperating? wow, sorry but that's ridiculous. I have a nephew that is almost 3 and I couldn't even think about throwing a little cursing fit to him. Probably shouldn't have had kids bro

rtmike
12-07-2008, 06:16 PM
Last year our daughter had a bruise on her calf from being a kid. She showed me one night and I pushed on it and asked her if that hurt? :D

She told her teacher I did it and we got a call from the Social Services.

The teacher apologized later explaining she was only doing her job. It initially really pissed me off but I got to thinking about the kids who are defenseless and have no one call someone for them.

--------------------

Donger
12-07-2008, 06:17 PM

I understand last resorts. I'm lucky in that my kids have never pushed hard enough to require any other action. Perhaps they will one day.

SAUTO
12-07-2008, 06:17 PM

OTOH, I curse at my kids when I mean bidness. probably shouldn't but they're raised really well so dont really give a chit what others think. The pussification of America will continue but not with my kids. Life's real so they get real life.

no one's a perfect parent. the second part is one of the best quotes i have seen

Donger
12-07-2008, 06:19 PM

Just to join in...
I was one a conference call last year with my boss and some other people.
To make a long story short...

My oldest (11 yo) hits one of the younger ones. And the young one (2 at the time) yells at the top of his lungs.

I thought I had the phone on mute but I didn't.
So in the middle of the meeting I yell out...
"Can't you see I'm on the ****ing phone?"
Then tell my 2yo to shut up his mouth.

Not physically striking your kids is "pussification"?

Luke
12-07-2008, 06:19 PM
Cussing at a 3 year old IS abuse in the minds of some.
I was once arrested for calling my ex a bitch on the phone.:eek:
The charges were dropped when she failed to show up for the court date. The judge told me that while it may be true, it swhoed great immaturity on my part. Court cost $11, $225 fine refunded, lesson learned.ROFL

Seriously, grow up.:rolleyes:

kstater
12-07-2008, 06:22 PM
Calling the cops was definitely overkill. But I don't have a problem with somebody confronting him on it.... in a respectful manner and out of earshot of his kids.

I 100% agree with this, and would applaud the lady if that's the path she had chosen. But unless you see the parent striking the child, or hear a serious, credible threat(more than you'll get a spanking when we get home), the police shouldn't have been called.

wutamess
12-07-2008, 06:23 PM

Not saying it is (different strokes for different folks)... I'm just saying I raise my kids the way I was raised. By some accounts, whoopings are illegal, etc. But IMO spare the rod spoil the child so they get dealt with accordingly as I would've.

BTW: There's a difference between abuse and discipline. My kids have never been abused.

No need to get your panties in a bunch pussifier. :D

kstater
12-07-2008, 06:23 PM

Calling the cops over not striking your kids is pussification.

Donger
12-07-2008, 06:24 PM
Not saying it is... I'm just saying I raise my kids the way I was raised. By some accounts, whoopings are illegal, etc. But IMO spare the rod spoil the child so they get dealt with accordingly as I would've.

BTW: There's a difference between abuse and discipline. My kids have never been abused.

No need to get your panties in a bunch pussifier. :D

Well, you wrote it. I'm just trying to ascertain what you mean by it.

Did you like the way you were raised, BTW?

Donger
12-07-2008, 06:25 PM
Calling the cops over not striking your kids is pussification.

I agree.

kstater
12-07-2008, 06:26 PM

I know you didn't ask me, but Mamma whooped my ass as a kid when I deserved and I'm a better man for it.

wutamess
12-07-2008, 06:29 PM
Well, you wrote it. I'm just trying to ascertain what you mean by it.

Wouldn't change a freaking thing. They make for great stories today.

One day me and my oldest (11yo) were going to Popeyes to get something to eat. I had whooped her a couple of days before and put her on punishment (forgot what it was for). We talked about the situation and she actually admitted that she deserved the whooping and punshment.

Talk about a proud parent moment. :thumb:
I've only whooped her prolly 5-7 times total. (mostly teacher calling home because our scial butterfly is being too social).

Dr. Johnny Fever
12-07-2008, 06:34 PM
Who cares if a parent cusses at his kids, the kids will be saying every cuss word in the book by the time they are in 6th grade.

Spoken like someone who probably doesn't have kids. That's just plain untrue.

Donger
12-07-2008, 06:45 PM
Wouldn't change a freaking thing. They make for great stories today.

One day me and my oldest (11yo) were going to Popeyes to get something to eat. I had whooped her a couple of days before and put her on punishment (forgot what it was for). We talked about the situation and she actually admitted that she deserved the whooping and punshment.

Talk about a proud parent moment. :thumb:
I've only whooped her prolly 5-7 times total. (mostly teacher calling home because our scial butterfly is being too social).

You "whooped" her and put her on "punishment"? Isn't the "whooping" punishment?

SAUTO
12-07-2008, 06:46 PM

punishment means taking something away, whoopin is whoopin

Scorp
12-07-2008, 06:48 PM
I appreciate the comments from all. I took a step back and took a hard look at the situation. I admit I handled the situation poorly and hopefully this incident will help me become a better father. I have two wonderful healthy children and I am very thankful for that. Thanks.

wutamess
12-07-2008, 06:56 PM

Oh yeah... this was one was a no-no... I think she lied to me about something.
I've always told her never to lie to me. That's my #1 pet peeve (honesty from my kids).

So she learned a big lesson from it.
Usually it's only whoopings or punishments but she broke the cardinal rule.

Another success story.
My 3yo son was in time out everyday, etc. Teacher tries to say he's too young, etc.

So I paid attention to the situation told him if he got a note or time out from the teacher he was going to get it. So That talk didn't stop anything. So everyday he goes to time out he comes home and get a whooping.

Guess what. After a week of whoopings, there was a 2 week strecth without a timeout.

Got one last week but teacher says his behavior has vastly improved.

Donger
12-07-2008, 06:57 PM
punishment means taking something away, whoopin is whoopin

What is the purpose of a "whooping"?

wutamess
12-07-2008, 06:58 PM
I appreciate the comments from all. I took a step back and took a hard look at the situation. I admit I handled the situation poorly and hopefully this incident will help me become a better father. I have two wonderful healthy children and I am very thankful for that. Thanks.

If it aint broke don't fix it.

wutamess
12-07-2008, 06:58 PM
What is the purpose of a "whooping"?

Shows that there are grave consequences for actions.
You know good and damn well what they're for.

Donger
12-07-2008, 06:59 PM
I've always told her never to lie to me. That's my #1 pet peeve (honesty from my kids).

Another success story.
My 3yo son was in time out everyday, etc. Teacher tries to say he's too young, etc.

So I paid attention to the situation told him if he got a note or time out from the teacher he was going to get it. So That talk doesn't stop So everyday he goes to time out he comes home and get a whooping.

Guess what. After a week of whoopings, there was a 2 week strecth without a timeout.

Have you considered the possibility that they are misbehaving because they get whooped?

Donger
12-07-2008, 06:59 PM
Shows that there are grave consequences for actions.
You know good and damn well what they're for.

No, I don't. Do you consider it to be punishment?

SAUTO
12-07-2008, 07:01 PM
No, I don't. Do you consider it to be punishment?

yes and sometimes they need the immediate punishment of a whoopin AND the remembering punishment of punishment

wutamess
12-07-2008, 07:02 PM
Have you considered the possibility that they are misbehaving because they get whooped?

Now it all makes sense Ol' Donger one.
I used to act a freaking fool when I was young because I got whooped [/sarcasm].

Dude, we've (me & you) have been down this road before.
You're the greatest parent ever. However, I'll stick to what I know.

We already know i use the sledge hammer approach to stomp ants.

Hydrae
12-07-2008, 07:05 PM

Another success story.

So I paid attention to the situation told him if he got a note or time out from the teacher he was going to get it. So That talk doesn't stop So everyday he goes to time out he comes home and get a whooping.

There is a time and place for spanking. I have 3 kids, one fully grown, one about to graduate HS and one about to start HS. I guarantee you each of those kids got spankings when they deserved it. My youngest is 14 and I honestly do not remember the last time I had to even threaten a spanking (heck this kid is big and may well turn the tables on me if I tried).

My wife didn't spank with her bare hand (my preference) but used a wooden spoon. She would make the kids go get her the spoon too which just added to the effectiveness. Wasn't long before she would just warn them that if they didn't straighten up she was going to get the spoon. Nice to have a tool that works even when you don't actually use it.

As to language issues, I was always careful with my language around my kids when they were younger. Now I am not so careful because they are old enough to know what the words mean and more about when it is and when it is not appropriate to use such language.

BTW, I have to share because it thrills me to death. My 17 year old told his history teacher the other day that she should come have dinner with us sometime just so she can join in on our conversations. I can and do talk to both my boys (14 and 17 as stated before :D ) about any subject. My son has told his grandfather that he thinks he learns more at home from his parents than he does from his teachers at school. No subject is out of bounds although it seems like a lot of the talk is about politics and religion. Scary stuff sometimes but I absolutely love that my boys can come ask my opinion on anything and I will be straight up and honest with them. I also take great pains to point out that I am letting them in on my opinion a lot of times and that they need to find their own answers, I am not right all the time.

Donger
12-07-2008, 07:05 PM
Now it all makes sense Ol' Donger one.
I used to act a freaking fool when I was young because I got whooped [/sarcasm].

Dude, we've (me & you) have been down this road before.
You're the greatest parent ever. However, I'll stick to what I know.

Yes, I know we have. IIRC, you are a very competitive person. I just wonder if that bleeds into your parenting. Giving your kid a whooping is a guaranteed win, right?

And, no, I don't think I'm the greatest Dad. Far from it. But, my kids respect me and our rules, and are happy without fear. That is enough for me.

wutamess
12-07-2008, 07:09 PM
There is a time and place for spanking. I have 3 kids, one fully grown, one about to graduate HS and one about to start HS. I guarantee you each of those kids got spankings when they deserved it. My youngest is 14 and I honestly do not remember the last time I had to even threaten a spanking (heck this kid is big and may well turn the tables on me if I tried).

My wife didn't spank with her bare hand (my preference) but used a wooden spoon. She would make the kids go get her the spoon too which just added to the effectiveness. Wasn't long before she would just warn them that if they didn't straighten up she was going to get the spoon. Nice to have a tool that works even when you don't actually use it.

As to language issues, I was always careful with my language around my kids when they were younger. Now I am not so careful because they are old enough to know what the words mean and more about when it is and when it is not appropriate to use such language.

BTW, I have to share because it thrills me to death. My 17 year old told his history teacher the other day that she should come have dinner with us sometime just so she can join in on our conversations. I can and do talk to both my boys (14 and 17 as stated before :D ) about any subject. My son has told his grandfather that he thinks he learns more at home from his parents than he does from his teachers at school. No subject is out of bounds although it seems like a lot of the talk is about politics and religion. Scary stuff sometimes but I absolutely love that my boys can come ask my opinion on anything and I will be straight up and honest with them. I also take great pains to point out that I am letting them in on my opinion a lot of times and that they need to find their own answers, I am not right all the time.

Why do I have this conversation in my mind at your dinner table:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8hEtN0-vF90&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8hEtN0-vF90&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Just as your household ours is very open too. That's why it pains me to have had her lie to me just to avoid getting in trouble.

Hydrae
12-07-2008, 07:09 PM
Yes, I know we have. IIRC, you are a very competitive person. I just wonder if that bleeds into your parenting. Giving your kid a whooping is a guaranteed win, right?

And, no, I don't think I'm the greatest Dad. Far from it. But, my kids respect me and our rules, and are happy without fear. That is enough for me.

To me, when a 2 year old reaches for a hot stove I am going to stop her and smack her hand and firmly tell her "NO." I would rather her deal with her hand being smacked and never again reach for the stove then spend the evening at the emergency room.

Hydrae
12-07-2008, 07:11 PM
Why do I have this conversation in my mind at your dinner table:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8hEtN0-vF90&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8hEtN0-vF90&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Just as your household ours is very open too. That's why it pains me to have had her lie to me just to avoid getting in trouble.

Hehe, what movie is that clip from? And yes, that looks like a fun dinner conversation! :thumb:

Donger
12-07-2008, 07:12 PM
To me, when a 2 year old reaches for a hot stove I am going to stop her and smack her hand and firmly tell her "NO." I would rather her deal with her hand being smacked and never again reach for the stove then spend the evening at the emergency room.

I suppose there is a difference between using physical force as a warning (and reminder) of danger, and simply as a means of punishment.

Inspector
12-07-2008, 07:13 PM
I needed a good spanking the other night........

It really straightened me out too.

wutamess
12-07-2008, 07:18 PM

You DO remember :grouphug:.

Anyhow, yes... I'm competitive and I will WIN (your words). Either I or the streets will. I'd rather be the winner in that one.

FTR: I'm not this fear mongering parent but I do command respect from my kids (as should any parent). Actually I'm pretty liberal in my parenting as I let them usually make mistakes on their own. People usually tell me to watch my children and they tend to get upset because I let them learn on their own.

For instance, we just finished my son's football game and afterwards he goes to the playground and is swinging from the monkey bars about 6 feet high. My cousin is like... you better watch your boy.

I'm like, for what? Experience is the best teacher... if he falls he'll learn a heck of a lot more than me telling him NOT to do it. Some may look at it as being like BIG DADDY/knuckle dragger but I think kids learn so much more if we don't restrain them as much as some do.

Besides, what happens if he's at school and I'm not there to tell him nto to do it? They live and learn.

My kids whoopings mostly stem from discipline issues.
Oldest (11yo): Teacher calling home.
2nd oldest girl (4yo): Probably once for lieing to me.
Son (3yo): Taps all the time for not listening (typical boy). besides timeout whoopings, probably 1 good one a month.
Youngest (1yo): little taps for touching things she shouldn't.

wutamess
12-07-2008, 07:19 PM
Hehe, what movie is that clip from? And yes, that looks like a fun dinner conversation! :thumb:

American History X.
Great movie... you should watch it.

Hydrae
12-07-2008, 07:19 PM
I suppose there is a difference between using physical force as a warning (and reminder) of danger, and simply as a means of punishment.

While I am being honest here (yikes), my incidence of spanking with my kids went down with each one. I am sure part of it is my learning other techniques as well as getting a little older and more mature so having a more level head. I think part of it could have to do with siblings talking amongst themselves (don't piss dad off, he'll whoop you good!).

The hardest thing regarding spanking for me was learning to disassociate my anger with the situation or at the child from the punishment I was meting out. My first born got spanked from a position of anger on more than one occassion. I tell you what though, shut out the anger and you will find it harder to spank your child. You still may do it but it will be for the long term good of the child and not as an outlet for your own anger and frustration.

rad
12-07-2008, 07:20 PM
I got the wooden spoon growing up. I believe I grew up pretty decent. I had a bit of a sense of entitlement, but that was more the effect growing up an only child.

My wife's is the best though. She used get "the racetrack". Her cousins had an orange racetrack that if she got out of line, she got a section of racetrack across the ass. Her Grandmother, however, trumps all that: she would make any of the kids that messed up go in the backyard to "the tree", and pick their own switch that would have to brought back to the house and handed to Grandma to deliver the "lesson"....that's priceless.

Now if you'll excuse me....I have to go check on the chick I have tied up in my basement.....BRB

Mr. Plow
12-07-2008, 07:42 PM
I haven't read through all of this thread, but I can imagine the results. Let me just say that anyone commenting in this thread should be required to first post the ages of their children.

Do I condone cussing at kids? No.
Does an occasional curse word come out of my mouth? Yes.

I know I shouldn't but sometimes when my 3 year old is climbing a cabinet, my 2 year old has gotten the shampoo somehow and squirting it on the carpet, my 1 year old is shoving a quarter into her mouth and then my 9 year old is nagging about playing video games....I lose it. I'm sorry.

SAUTO
12-07-2008, 07:44 PM
I haven't read through all of this thread, but I can imagine the results. Let me just say that anyone commenting in this thread should be required to first post the ages of their children.

I know I shouldn't but sometimes when my 3 year old is climbing a cabinet, my 2 year old has gotten the shampoo somehow and squirting it on the carpet, my 1 year old is shoving a quarter into her mouth and then my 9 year old is nagging about playing video games....I lose it. I'm sorry.

winna winna chicken dinna

Bowser
12-07-2008, 07:46 PM
I forgot this thread wasn't about Herm Edwards and this coaching staff.

Bugeater
12-07-2008, 07:47 PM

CPS should be knocking at your door any minute.

blueballs
12-07-2008, 07:53 PM
CPS should be knocking at your door any minute.

So your sister wears blues
while straping on

luv
12-07-2008, 07:55 PM
Spanking is negative reinforcement. You can take away their tv, but they have toys instead. You can put them in a corner, but kids have amazing imaginations to keep themselves entertained. Sure, doing things like this works for some kids. Others, it doesn't. No one likes pain. And you don't spank your kids hard enough or long enough to leave welts.

LiL stumppy
12-07-2008, 07:55 PM
Spoken like someone who probably doesn't have kids. That's just plain untrue.

I am truly sorry but I assure you many, if not all cuss words were said by about 90 % of the kids at that age. Sorry, I know it's a harsh reality, but middle school kids to cuss.

blueballs
12-07-2008, 07:56 PM
My trouble with this is they can take some one's kids away over utter BS
like the woman who had a picture of her 2-3 year old in the bathtub
and the DFS wanted to call it child porn -

Fat Elvis
12-07-2008, 08:22 PM
My 3 year old uses "damnit" appropriately.

Bugeater
12-07-2008, 08:35 PM
My 3 year old uses "damnit" appropriately.

You mean he says "Carl" after it?