PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs IS it time for Herm to bring in a Special Asst Redzone Coordinator?

Reerun_KC
12-07-2008, 06:00 PM
Is it time for Herm to bring in some one like Jimmy Raye or Paul Hackett to help this team with the Redzone? We just cant seem to get the job done inside the 20's....

blueballs
12-07-2008, 06:01 PM
Jimmy Raye
FTW

cdcox
12-07-2008, 06:01 PM
No, it's time for him to leave town.

blueballs
12-07-2008, 06:05 PM
skip towne

Reerun_KC
12-07-2008, 06:07 PM
What is puzzling, ever since Gailey Veto'd Herms Buttsechs mess. We have been very effective up to a certian point, Then all of a sudden, we get totally passive, almost to the chickenshit level inside the redzone...

We are coached like cowards, therefore we play like cowards...

BigMeatballDave
12-07-2008, 06:08 PM
Is it time for Herm to bring in some one like Jimmy Raye or Paul Hackett to help this team with the Redzone? We just cant seem to get the job done inside the 20's....ROFL Are you retarded?

blueballs
12-07-2008, 06:08 PM
Gun and Priefer need to meet the Michelin Mans tread

Reerun_KC
12-07-2008, 06:09 PM
ROFL Are you retarded?

:shrug:

at times yes...

the Talking Can
12-07-2008, 06:11 PM
What is puzzling, ever since Gailey Veto'd Herms Buttsechs mess. We have been very effective up to a certian point, Then all of a sudden, we get totally passive, almost to the chickenshit level inside the redzone...

i just don't think spread offenses work as well in the tighter space of the red zone...

we need to figure out a) how to run and b) whether or not we want Thigpen under center in the red zone...he did it twice on that last drive and threw two terrible passes...

there are still questions about the viability of the pistol long term, imo....

Rain Man
12-07-2008, 06:11 PM
This would create a heyday for murder-suicide pacts.

Deberg_1990
12-07-2008, 06:13 PM
No, its time to bring in someone who knows how to put together an effective pass rush.

Reerun_KC
12-07-2008, 06:16 PM
No, its time to bring in someone who knows how to put together an effective pass rush.

Dude, do not Question Herm and his ability to fix defenses...

Reerun_KC
12-07-2008, 06:17 PM
i just don't think spread offenses work as well in the tighter space of the red zone...

we need to figure out a) how to run and b) whether or not we want Thigpen under center in the red zone...he did it twice on that last drive and threw two terrible passes...

Agree...

What is puzzling is we have Tony G, on 4th and Goal you run a QB drawl?

Deberg_1990
12-07-2008, 06:22 PM
Dude, do not Question Herm and his ability to fix defenses...

hehe

He knows how to draft, scout and develop on position: Cornerback. Imagine that??

Reerun_KC
12-07-2008, 06:22 PM
hehe

He knows how to draft, scout and develop on position: Cornerback. Imagine that??

Which is the only, ONLY thing he is good for....

He would be a great DB coach, but anything more is just a disaster...

Saulbadguy
12-07-2008, 06:23 PM
Agree...

What is puzzling is we have Tony G, on 4th and Goal you run a QB drawl?

Is that like a southern "drawl"?

Reerun_KC
12-07-2008, 06:25 PM
Is that like a southern "drawl"?

Sort of, but considering the game was in Denver, it would of been a western drawl...

Dylan
12-07-2008, 06:26 PM
ya'all crack me up. ROFL

and the title of this thread is too funny... LMAO

DaneMcCloud
12-07-2008, 06:30 PM

The problem is Niswanger/Jones/Smith/McIntosh.

Once those guys are replaced, we'll have much more success in the red zone.

RT, especially.

dj56dt58
12-07-2008, 06:32 PM
I hate those fucking fades..they never fucking work

kstater
12-07-2008, 06:32 PM

So basically, our spread O is just like every other spread O inside the 20?

Reerun_KC
12-07-2008, 06:33 PM
I hate those ****ing fades..they never ****ing work

They worked in the Tampa Bay game before we Huarded on offense and let the Bucs kick our dicks in...

SAUTO
The problem is Niswanger/Jones/Smith/McIntosh.

Once those guys are replaced, we'll have much more success in the red zone.

RT, especially.

Agreed

Reerun_KC
So basically, our spread O is just like every other spread O inside the 20?:thumb:

DaneMcCloud
12-07-2008, 06:36 PM
:thumb:

This is incorrect.

It's the offensive line, which has been a liability all season long.

I've been saying it since May: C, RG, RT.

Once those have been addressed, the Chiefs will have much more success in the red zone.

With a healthy team, I'm predicting Top 10 in Red Zone TD's in 2009.

BigChiefFan
12-07-2008, 06:43 PM
This is why the spread is just a wrinkle for most teams offensive playbooks. It can be sucessfully run, but it gets tougher inside the red zone for the spread to work.

EyePod
12-07-2008, 06:43 PM

Yeah, even the Cardinals have Hightower (10 TD's this season) for goal line shit, so they can run it when it matters. The problem is that we can't run the ball without the spread, but the spread is not believable in the red zone. That way, they can just stop us easily if we try to run.

Reerun_KC
12-07-2008, 06:44 PM
This is incorrect.

It's the offensive line, which has been a liability all season long.

I've been saying it since May: C, RG, RT.

Once those have been addressed, the Chiefs will have much more success in the red zone.

With a healthy team, I'm predicting Top 10 in Red Zone TD's in 2009.

Damn you Dane, drinking Beer and reading your posts are not advisable at the same time...

TOP 10 redzone offense? Did we get a new coach... I think you are over estimating the value of TD's and seriously under estimating the value of FG's..

Damn it, Now I have beer all over... God I hate you sometimes...

EyePod
12-07-2008, 06:48 PM
And Crabtree wouldn't help??

<table class="tablehead" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="stathead" style="background: rgb(198, 0, 36) none repeat scroll 0% 0%; -moz-background-clip: -moz-initial; -moz-background-origin: -moz-initial; -moz-background-inline-policy: -moz-initial;"><td colspan="6">Kansas City Receiving</td></tr><tr class="colhead" align="right"><td align="left"> </td><td>REC</td><td>YDS</td><td>AVG</td><td>TD</td><td>LG</td></tr><tr class="oddrow" align="right"><td align="left">D. Bowe (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=10467)</td><td>7</td><td>96</td><td>13.7</td><td>0</td><td>34</td></tr><tr class="evenrow" align="right"><td align="left">T. Gonzalez (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=1231)</td><td>5</td><td>73</td><td>14.6</td><td>1</td><td>24</td></tr><tr class="oddrow" align="right"><td align="left">J. Charles (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=11307)</td><td>3</td><td>12</td><td>4.0</td><td>0</td><td>9</td></tr><tr class="evenrow" align="right"><td align="left">J. Webb (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=9776)</td><td>1</td><td>8</td><td>8.0</td><td>0</td><td>8</td></tr><tr class="oddrow" align="right"><td align="left">J. Battle (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=11197)</td><td>1</td><td>-2</td><td>-2.0</td><td>0</td><td>0</td></tr><tr class="bi evenrow" align="right"><td align="left">Team</td><td>17</td><td>187</td><td>11.0</td><td>1</td><td>34</td></tr></tbody></table>

Rain Man
12-07-2008, 06:49 PM
Can someone enlighten me on the difference between the spread and the run and shoot? Because teams were powerhouses with the run and shoot. Yeah, no run and shoot team won a Super Bowl, but I think they could have.

OnTheWarpath15
12-07-2008, 06:51 PM
Damn you Dane, drinking Beer and reading your posts are not advisable at the same time...

TOP 10 redzone offense? Did we get a new coach... I think you are over estimating the value of TD's and seriously under estimating the value of FG's..

Uh, I'm pretty sure I saw a stat during the game that said we were in the top half of the league (#13 IIRC) in TD % in the Red Zone - even with the shitpile on the right side of our line.

StcChief
12-07-2008, 08:34 PM
redzone O was bad.... we don't get a deep TD pass. we can't get it in endzone. Thiggy's draw might work in college not NFL.

chiefzilla1501
12-07-2008, 09:15 PM
I was beginning to wonder if it wouldn't hurt for the Chiefs to consider bringing in some kind of a goal line back.

I have never been overly impressed with the way LJ runs in these situations. I'd like to have a real bowling ball in these situations. I remember Priest Holmes used to practically jump over everyone's heads. Doesn't it seem like LJ has half the vertical Priest does?

That's not a knock on LJ. I just don't think goal line running is one of his strengths.

suds79
12-07-2008, 09:32 PM
Our red-zone offense sucks because we're running the spread and we can't run the ball.

Reerun_KC
12-07-2008, 09:35 PM
Our red-zone offense sucks because we're running the spread and we can't run the ball.

Maybe it is time for Herm to break out the old school Buttsechs offense inside the 5 yard line...

chiefsngop
12-07-2008, 10:06 PM
I was beginning to wonder if it wouldn't hurt for the Chiefs to consider bringing in some kind of a goal line back.

I have never been overly impressed with the way LJ runs in these situations. I'd like to have a real bowling ball in these situations. I remember Priest Holmes used to practically jump over everyone's heads. Doesn't it seem like LJ has half the vertical Priest does?

That's not a knock on LJ. I just don't think goal line running is one of his strengths.

Re-watch some of those "jumps" into the endzone by Priest. More often than not, he had Roaf setting an initial block for him and T. Richardson submarining a guy infront of him.

So I agree with Dane's point to a certain extent, the redzone really magnifies you're O-lines ability; or lack there of.

However, when looking at a 1st and goal outside the 5, I have a real problem calling a dink pass, an uncatchable fade route, and 2 QB sneaks.

chiefsngop
12-07-2008, 10:09 PM

The spread has been good for this team because it let's us get away from our O-line. It takes alot of pressure off that weak link of the team.

But when we get down inside the red zone, the pressure and responsibility is reassumed by the O-line and that glaring weakness rears it's ugly head.

DaneMcCloud
12-07-2008, 10:25 PM

Sorry, Bro.

I owe you a brew.

:evil:

Reerun_KC
12-08-2008, 12:12 PM
Sorry, Bro.

I owe you a brew.

:evil:

Yes you do, and the next time I am in Cali, I will be looking you up!

Valiant
12-08-2008, 01:15 PM

Well consider defenses know we are going to throw the fade route it is kind of hard to convert.. I mean, we literally do not change anything up, we have like four plays we run in there.. I think the opposing defenses have caught on..

Reerun_KC
12-09-2008, 11:42 AM
Time to man up and get this guy in here....

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9807E2DD153EF932A15751C0A9649C8B63

Reerun_KC
12-09-2008, 11:43 AM
BTW, what a great read....

crazycoffey
12-09-2008, 12:07 PM
I hate those ****ing fades..they never ****ing work

they worked up until we got rid of our duel threat TE this off season....

Damn Vikings!

StcChief
12-09-2008, 12:45 PM
they worked up until we got rid of our duel threat TE this off season....

Damn Vikings!well Gonzo, Cottam in TE sets would work. I don't get it.
we can't run to right in RedZone it hasn't worked.

ferrarispider95
12-09-2008, 01:04 PM
i got an idea, stop throwing the fade, it works about 1/8th of the time.

BryanBusby
12-09-2008, 01:36 PM
Yes, because running Larry Johnson up Niswangers ass sure worked well!

Reerun_KC
12-10-2008, 09:02 AM
Yes, because running Larry Johnson up Niswangers ass sure worked well!

:huh:

crazycoffey
12-10-2008, 09:16 AM
well Gonzo, Cottam in TE sets would work. I don't get it.
we can't run to right in RedZone it hasn't worked.

I'm referring to the Jarrad at TE experiements in the red zone...

Skip Towne
12-10-2008, 09:20 AM
We got him Father Time to manage the clock. Now a redzone coordinator to manage redzone situations. What's next, a draft manager? Why do we need Herm?

Reerun_KC
12-10-2008, 09:33 AM
We got him Father Time to manage the clock. Now a redzone coordinator to manage redzone situations. What's next, a draft manager? Why do we need Herm?

Well we have that Bill Kuriach character helping on drafting players...

BigChiefFan
12-10-2008, 10:47 AM
Here's an idea, use the goal line stance on the goal line-where's my 3 mil? Obviously, Herm can't figure it out.

Reerun_KC
12-10-2008, 10:48 AM
Here's an idea, use the goal line stance on the goal line-where's my 3 mil? Obviously, Herm can't figure it out.

Stuck on that 3-mil point arent we?

BigChiefFan
12-10-2008, 10:54 AM
Stuck on that 3-mil point arent we?

It's just a boatload of money for what we are getting in return(He's already made NINE MILLION DOLLARS as the HC of the Chiefs). I keep throwing it out there, hoping some will realize, this isn't charity-Herm needs to show results or get the Hell out of here. He's being paid quite well-time to produce.

Reerun_KC
12-10-2008, 10:55 AM
It's just a boatload of money for what we are getting in return(He's already made NINE MILLION DOLLARS as the HC of the Chiefs). I keep throwing it out there, hoping some will realize, this isn't charity-Herm needs to show results or get the Hell out of here. He's being paid quite well-time to produce.

I agree, I was just razzing you....

Yes we are paying alot of money for minimal results.... But we knew that going in, he wasnt going to win, he isnt a winner...