PDA

View Full Version : Football So didn't Ed Reed just give the ball right back to Washington?

wazu
12-07-2008, 10:28 PM
He did a foot-first slide and held the ball in the air, so he wasn't down by contact, and then a Redskin took it right out of his hands. The ref ignored all of this, and I saw the Redskin player trying to make his case. But the refs had already blown it dead. Madden and Michaels didn't appear to notice.

tk13
12-07-2008, 10:29 PM
He slid feet first, that's giving yourself up, isn't it?

wazu
12-07-2008, 10:29 PM
He slid feet first, that's giving yourself up, isn't it?

Maybe that's it. I thought only QBs could do that.

tk13
12-07-2008, 10:32 PM
I don't know, but Ed Reed is a beast.

Mecca
12-07-2008, 10:32 PM
He's on the ground. to take the ball you have to touch him thus making him down.

wazu
12-07-2008, 10:34 PM
He's on the ground. to take the ball you have to touch him thus making him down.

I wondered about that. The player didn't touch anything but the ball as it was basically like lifting it off of a table. But if touching the ball counts, then I guess that answers that.

The Bad Guy
12-07-2008, 10:45 PM
It's amazing to me that this guy went in the 20s in the draft a few years ago.

What a fucking stud.

tk13
12-07-2008, 10:53 PM
It's amazing to me that this guy went in the 20s in the draft a few years ago.

What a fucking stud.
Ray Lewis went in the 20's too, didn't he. Goes to show, and I always say this... a lot of times drafting well is more important than draft position. Obviously there's a huge difference from pick 5 to say, pick 30, but if you're good at drafting you're going to find good talent no matter where you draft.

Cormac
12-07-2008, 11:02 PM
He did a foot-first slide and held the ball in the air, so he wasn't down by contact, and then a Redskin took it right out of his hands. The ref ignored all of this, and I saw the Redskin player trying to make his case. But the refs had already blown it dead. Madden and Michaels didn't appear to notice.

I thought that too. Especially if the player taking the ball didn't touch Reed when taking it. I didn't know about the feet-first slide. Even if a QB does that I thought they had to be touched down....