PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Peter King chimes in on Chiefs

Deberg_1990
12-08-2008, 09:29 AM
From his MMQB Column:

"e. Coach Herman Edwards seems pretty solid for 2009 in Kansas City, president Carl Peterson less so. Both have one contractual season remaining.

f. I could still see the Chiefs drafting a quarterback in the first three rounds and having him challenge Tyler Thigpen and Brodie Croyle for quarterback-of-the-future in Chiefland."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/peter_king/12/07/Week14/5.html

HemiEd
12-08-2008, 09:37 AM
I detest this idiot.

Rausch
12-08-2008, 09:37 AM
Why shoud Croyle have any spot?

Keep Pigpen, draft a rook, and sign a vet to round out the QB tree...

Mark M
12-08-2008, 09:58 AM
Croyle?

I have a better chance of making KC's roster for '09 than Croyle does.

King should just stick with what he knows:

1. East Coast teams + Dallas
2. How to tear up an all-you-can-eat buffet.

MM
~~:shake:

DeezNutz
12-08-2008, 10:03 AM
Croyle is the third stringer. Fine. Chances are he'll never see the field. If he does, well, we were pretty much up a creek to begin with, so not the end of the world.

The Franchise
12-08-2008, 10:06 AM
Why Croyle? I like the kid and I feel bad for him....but he doesn't have the body for the NFL.

Keep Thigpen and Gray....and draft a rookie.

12-08-2008, 10:10 AM
Boy, that dude is teh bright. HOw he remains to be employed is amazing.

Brock
12-08-2008, 10:11 AM
There isn't any reason to ever mention Croyle again.

DeezNutz
12-08-2008, 10:13 AM

I'm fine with this, too.

Rausch
12-08-2008, 10:14 AM
I'm fine with this, too.

I 3rd the motion.

Is it a rule yet?...

Deberg_1990
12-08-2008, 10:18 AM

This

DeezNutz
12-08-2008, 10:19 AM
I 3rd the motion.

Is it a rule yet?...

Yes, you were the final word on the matter, naturally.

Demonpenz
12-08-2008, 10:29 AM
Croyle has the biggest arm of them all, mine as well give him another shot.

Skip Towne
12-08-2008, 10:52 AM
Croyle has the biggest arm of them all, mine as well give him another shot.

Yeah, Croyle deserves another shot.

Micjones
12-08-2008, 11:47 AM

Yep.
Croyle's had his chance and doesn't belong on this team.
No sense in signing another FA QB either. Gray will do.

EyePod
12-08-2008, 12:00 PM
Croyle?

I have a better chance of making KC's roster for '09 than Croyle does.

King should just stick with what he knows:

1. East Coast teams + Dallas
2. How to tear up an all-you-can-eat buffet.

MM
~~:shake:

Dallas is an East coast team.. they're in the NFC East! ;)

Gonzo
12-08-2008, 12:06 PM
King is such a frigging moron. For f**k sakes, the only reason he writes anything about the smaller market teams is because he has to. If he could just write about the Giants and Steelers for the rest of his life he'd be a happy man.

It would probably rank right up there with him getting air-locked by Romo and Eli Manning.

blueballs
12-08-2008, 12:13 PM
I don't know -he can have a place
Brokie can replace Dick Curl

Reerun_KC
12-08-2008, 12:14 PM
I don't know
Brokie can replace Dick Curl

An retarded monkey could replace Dick Curl... The guy adds zero value to this team and franchise...

blueballs
12-08-2008, 12:15 PM
Peter King has a vote
in picking HOF members
kinda degrades the honor

Gonzo
12-08-2008, 12:19 PM
Peter King has a vote
in picking HOF members
kinda degrades the honor

This is the best
post you've produced
since admitting necrophilia. ROFL

blueballs
12-08-2008, 12:22 PM
This is the best
post you've produced
since admitting necrophilia. ROFL

photoshop has become way to easy

EyePod
12-08-2008, 12:24 PM
Yep.
Croyle's had his chance and doesn't belong on this team.
No sense in signing another FA QB either. Gray will do.

Yeah, I agree. We don't need Mr. Glass (Remember Samuel L. in Unbreakable?) at QB again... I mean, it sucks cause he's such a nice guy and has such a HOT wife, but yeah. That's where I stand on him.

KC kid
12-08-2008, 12:59 PM
Yeah, I agree. We don't need Mr. Glass (Remember Samuel L. in Unbreakable?) at QB again... I mean, it sucks cause he's such a nice guy and has such a HOT wife, but yeah. That's where I stand on him.

Croyle is a a lot better option at third string than anyone we would pick up. We have to pay for him anyway.

EyePod
12-08-2008, 01:02 PM
Croyle is a a lot better option at third string than anyone we would pick up. We have to pay for him anyway.

I used to think so too, but he really can't get hit. How many times has he gotten hyped up with him going down quickly from a hard hit. I haven't seen Thigpen get hit like Croyle did, and the line hasn't changed at all. We need a QB who is a pass first/able to run type of guy. Thigpen fits this perfectly. He's not a run first QB, so that's good. He only runs when he has no other option or if the play is designed like it. I still can't believe how close he was to scoring that TD... If he only extedended his arm... but he's probably scared of fumbling it like he did two games before...

Reerun_KC
12-08-2008, 01:04 PM
I used to think so too, but he really can't get hit. How many times has he gotten hyped up with him going down quickly from a hard hit. I haven't seen Thigpen get hit like Croyle did, and the line hasn't changed at all. We need a QB who is a pass first/able to run type of guy. Thigpen fits this perfectly. He's not a run first QB, so that's good. He only runs when he has no other option or if the play is designed like it. I still can't believe how close he was to scoring that TD... If he only extedended his arm... but he's probably scared of fumbling it like he did two games before...

You know good point. With the history Herm has with killing QB's, it wouldnt surprise me that if we are down to our 3rd string next year by week 9.

chiefsngop
12-08-2008, 01:25 PM
Why Croyle? I like the kid and I feel bad for him....but he doesn't have the body for the NFL.

This is correct. :clap:

Direckshun
12-08-2008, 01:37 PM
CROYLE WILL SHOW YOU ALL.

EyePod
12-08-2008, 01:38 PM
CROYLE WILL SHOW YOU ALL.

I would love it if he did. I still think he's a better QB than Thiggy, but he still can't stay healthy. You have to look at availability. When he's home getting nursed by his hottie wife, he's not useful to us unless we can get a good look at her.

RustShack
12-08-2008, 01:40 PM
I wouldn't be shocked if Croyle was with us as a backup next year... it wouldn't bother me any either.

Direckshun
12-08-2008, 01:41 PM
I would love it if he did. I still think he's a better QB than Thiggy, but he still can't stay healthy. You have to look at availability. When he's home getting nursed by his hottie wife, he's not useful to us unless we can get a good look at her.

I hate to break it to you, but Thiggy's way better.

Deberg_1990
12-08-2008, 01:45 PM
I still think he's a better QB than Thiggy, .

ROFL

ChiefsCountry
12-08-2008, 01:49 PM
You bring them all to training camp and let them fight it out. You can never have enough QBs.

beach tribe
12-08-2008, 01:50 PM
I hope we keep Croyle. He's cheap, and I think he can play. I think he's had some freak luck. I believe we should get another rook, and let Brodie either backup or be the 3rd guy. I know this is not a popular opinion, but it is just that, AN OPINION, nothing more. I unlike many, know that I'm just a dude with an opinion, not some wannabe football expert who thinks he knows more than he does.

googlegoogle
12-08-2008, 02:23 PM
I like Croyle. He needs to hire a real strength coach. All the excuses that he can't gain weight is bullshi*. Needs 10 pounds of muscle and strengthen all those ligaments and tendons.

Needs to gain 20 pounds eating doughnuts if he has to. No more stupid excuses from Mama.

I hope a Chief player messages this to him because he's heading out of the league if he doesn't fix his injury problems. Strength training and adding bigtime weight will keep him in the league and as our backup.

JuicesFlowing
12-08-2008, 02:33 PM
From his MMQB Column:

"e. Coach Herman Edwards seems pretty solid for 2009 in Kansas City, president Carl Peterson less so. Both have one contractual season remaining.

f. I could still see the Chiefs drafting a quarterback in the first three rounds and having him challenge Tyler Thigpen and Brodie Croyle for quarterback-of-the-future in Chiefland."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/peter_king/12/07/Week14/5.html

Wake up Peter King!!!!!!!!!!!!

kysirsoze
12-08-2008, 02:43 PM
QB is pretty far down on the list of problems for the Chiefs IMO. While I'd love an upgrade at any position, all I'm really worried about this off season is D-Line. And yet QB controversy is likely to dominate in the offseason.

rtmike
12-08-2008, 02:44 PM
So Brokie can run the pistol (spread)?

From what I've read Herm's gonna relent his run up the ass and stay with this.

I'm seeing lots of similarities in Thiggy & Tebow.

SenselessChiefsFan
12-08-2008, 03:56 PM
An retarded monkey could replace Dick Curl... The guy adds zero value to this team and franchise...

Really? I think Brodie was playing well when not injured and Thigpen has been remarkable.

I honestly don't think we have enough information to know how well he is doing. We aren't in the meetings. (and most on this board couldn't even evaluate him then because they have never played the game).

But, based on how well Thigpen has progressed, and how Brodie played this year before he got hurt... I don't see where the criticism comes from.

DaneMcCloud
12-08-2008, 05:40 PM
I wouldn't be shocked if Croyle was with us as a backup next year... it wouldn't bother me any either.

It would be a terrible decision to bring him back.

He CANNOT stay healthy. The backup QB MUST be durable.

Croyle's not and never has been.

DaneMcCloud
12-08-2008, 05:42 PM
I hope we keep Croyle. He's cheap, and I think he can play. I think he's had some freak luck. I believe we should get another rook, and let Brodie either backup or be the 3rd guy. I know this is not a popular opinion, but it is just that, AN OPINION, nothing more. I unlike many, know that I'm just a dude with an opinion, not some wannabe football expert who thinks he knows more than he does.

Three ACL tears isn't bad luck.

His body cannot endure the rigors of professional football.

It's time for he and the Chiefs to move on.

OnTheWarpath15
12-08-2008, 05:54 PM
It would be a terrible decision to bring him back.

He CANNOT stay healthy. The backup QB MUST be durable.

Croyle's not and never has been.

2009 is the last year of his deal, and he's due to make $500k.

I'd bet anything he's in camp with the team next summer, unless Stafford happens to fall into their lap. And even then...

They usually have 4 QB's at camp anyway, and there's really no harm in keeping him around as a #3/#4 guy - he'd get the majority of the work in the PS games and maybe, if we were lucky, he'd perform well and some team would throw a late round pick at us.

In all honesty, I could give a shit either way, but this is my opinion on how
I think the team will handle it.

chiefs1111
12-08-2008, 05:55 PM
2009 is the last year of his deal, and he's due to make $500k.

I'd bet anything he's in camp with the team next summer, unless Stafford happens to fall into their lap. And even then...

They usually have 4 QB's at camp anyway, and there's really no harm in keeping him around as a #3/#4 guy - he'd get the majority of the work in the PS games and maybe, if we were lucky, he'd perform well and some team would throw a late round pick at us.

In all honesty, I could give a shit either way, but this is my opinion on how
I think the team will handle it.

Yup,maybe we will get lucky and someone will give us a 6th rounder...

DaneMcCloud
12-08-2008, 06:01 PM
Yup,maybe we will get lucky and someone will give us a 6th rounder...

No way.

Part of being an NFL QB is the ability to stay healthy.

Croyle's had three years to prove that he can play in the NFL.

First year, shoulder injury in training camp.

Second year he couldn't win the job from Damon Freakin' Huard and missed several games due to injury.

Third year, he's essentially given the starting job and goes out in the first game. Upon his return 5 games later (or whatever it was) he's out for the season.

It's time to cut him loose and move on.

PS - No NFL team will trade for Croyle. None.

OnTheWarpath15
12-08-2008, 06:11 PM
No way.

Part of being an NFL QB is the ability to stay healthy.

True. You get no debate from me there.

Croyle's had three years to prove that he can play in the NFL.

Don't confuse being in the league for 3 years with having three years to prove himself.

First year, shoulder injury in training camp.

And would have been healthy to play if needed. There was no way he was seeing any significant action in Year One. Healthy or not.

Second year he couldn't win the job from Damon Freakin' Huard and missed several games due to injury.

Couldn't win the job, or didn't win the job? I know you're not naive enough to think that Huard starting wasn't a direct result of Carl Peterson's meddling.

And in all honesty, go back and look at the "games" he missed.

He bruised a kidney early in the Oakland home game, went into the locker room, took a shot, and finished the game. That in itself makes me think that him sitting the following week was a coaches decision to protect him, not because he couldn't play. And regarding the Detroit game, he was going to get pulled regardless. Apparently his hand injury wasn't serious, as he started the following week in New York. He missed a game and a half, and I question whether it was due to injury, or due to coaches decisions.

Third year, he's essentially given the starting job and goes out in the first game. Upon his return 5 games later (or whatever it was) he's out for the season.

Again, no debate here.

It's time to cut him loose and move on.

PS - No NFL team will trade for Croyle. None.

I'm not saying he'll ever be a starter in this league, or even a #2.

But to cut him loose when you have the space to at least attempt to showcase him next preseason is retarded. We're taking 4 QB's to camp. Which means, if we don't draft one, we'll need to find TWO if Croyle is released as you're suggesting.

DaneMcCloud
12-08-2008, 08:18 PM
But to cut him loose when you have the space to at least attempt to showcase him next preseason is retarded. We're taking 4 QB's to camp. Which means, if we don't draft one, we'll need to find TWO if Croyle is released as you're suggesting.

I understand all of your points (even though I didn't include them in the quote) but I have to disagree.

I think that Croyle has shown over the course of his known football career (high school, college and the NFL) that he has enough talent to play the game, but his body won't allow him to compete on a weekly basis.

For that reason, I think the Chiefs should look elsewhere. Cut bait and move on.

Again, that's my opinion. I think it's difficult to predict what the Chiefs will do in the 2009 offseason at this time.

Davechief
12-08-2008, 08:22 PM
Maybe Kelly Croyle deserves a shot. Any volunteers?

Red Beans
12-08-2008, 09:29 PM
Croyle the china doll is done. Anyone who thinks he can be any more than a 2nd or 3rd stringer is a moron.

Red Beans
12-08-2008, 09:30 PM
Kelly Croyle deserves a shot right in the eyes.

StcChief
12-08-2008, 10:37 PM
Croyle not so much, the injury looks like he's done

Rausch
12-09-2008, 10:06 AM
Yes, you were the final word on the matter, naturally.

That hurts.

http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2008/4/19/imjustavicti128531299610563750.jpg

StcChief
12-09-2008, 11:09 AM
That hurts.

http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2008/4/19/imjustavicti128531299610563750.jpgROFL
I remember those pants....