PDA

View Full Version : MU 4 Star LB Josh Tatum commits to Mizzou

eazyb81
12-08-2008, 02:02 PM
Just broke on Rivals....

Huge get for the Tigers defense. I guess he watched the last two games and saw that he can contribute right away on this unit.

88TG88
12-08-2008, 02:05 PM
The former SC commit ?

eazyb81
12-08-2008, 02:11 PM
The former SC commit ?

Yes, and hopefully he brings Vidal Hazelton with him.

BigRedChief
12-08-2008, 02:14 PM
Adam Burton the LB out of LSW has also committed to MU. You name a big time college and he had offers from them.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-08-2008, 02:15 PM
Wow that's awesome!

That'll help MU get beat by 39 instead of 40!! IMPROVEMENT!

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-08-2008, 02:16 PM
Just broke on Rivals....

Huge get for the Tigers defense. I guess he watched the last two games and saw that he can contribute right away on this unit.

Praise Jebus.

googlegoogle
12-08-2008, 02:18 PM
Guy on big12 show about a week ago said that the spread offense hurts defensive practices when D goes against the O.

Makes sense but then how do you explain OU's D.

eazyb81
12-08-2008, 02:19 PM
Guy on big12 show about a week ago said that the spread offense hurts defensive practices when D goes against the O.

Easy, they're loaded with 4 and 5 star talent and have a great defensive coordinator.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-08-2008, 02:20 PM
Adam Burton the LB out of LSW has also committed to MU. You name a big time college and he had offers from them.

His rivals page is less than impressive...

Saulbadguy
12-08-2008, 02:21 PM

warpaint99!

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-08-2008, 02:23 PM
Of the major guys we have targeted left, aside from Bryce Brown, the one I'd like the most is Ronnie Wingo.

ChiTown
12-08-2008, 02:25 PM

Are you trying to tell me, with a straight face, that Army and Illinois State are NOT big time Program's?

eazyb81
12-08-2008, 02:28 PM
Of the major guys we have targeted left, aside from Bryce Brown, the one I'd like the most is Ronnie Wingo.

Wingo would be awesome, so would Bryant Allen. Also, I am praying Sheldon Richardson keeps his commitment - apparently USC and Florida just gave him an offer.

Outside of those guys, I'd love to see Vidal Hazelton transfer here. He was the #1 overall WR recruit in the 2006 class and we're in his top three.

bowener
12-08-2008, 02:32 PM

Found this about him on ESPN. (http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/tracker/player?recruitId=65085&season=2009&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fncf%2frecruiting%2ftracker%2fplayer%3frecruitId%3d650 85%26season%3d2009)

Scouts Grade: 76

Burton is your guy if you are looking for a tough, physical, inside run stuffer. He possesses great size for the middle with his thickness and compact frame ideal for handling the punishment in the middle. Steps down fast when he gets a clear downhill read to the ball. Fills his middle rush lanes with great strength and power: difficult to turn out of the hole. Holds his base at the point of attack and knocks blockers upright with great strength, good leverage and explosiveness from his hips. Excels at blowing up the inside iso and shows a good burst tracking down ball carriers off-tackle as well. Strong tackler who does a great job exploding from his hips and driving through ball carriers limiting second efforts. While he occasionally makes himself thin to avoid the cutoff block through the wash, he is better pursuing vertically than laterally. At his best attacking on the move than reading and reacting from normal LB depth. Sideline-to-sideline speed and overall range on run and pass support is marginal; speed is more suited for short-area. Overall, Burton's upside may be a bit limited, but he is physically ready to make the jump to the college level and possesses all the tools and measurables to become a productive run defender versus two-back schemes between the tackle. May be limited to situational run downs versus spread schemes and open offenses.

Meh. Sounds like an above average HS prospect. Never hurts to have them though.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-08-2008, 02:32 PM
Wingo would be awesome, so would Bryant Allen. Also, I am praying Sheldon Richardson keeps his commitment.

Outside of those guys, I'd love to see Vidal Hazelton transfer here. He was the #1 overall WR recruit in the 2006 class and we're in his top three.

I'd shit a brick if he actually transferred here.

Bill Lundberg
12-08-2008, 02:33 PM
Easy, they're loaded with 4 and 5 star talent and have a great defensive coordinator.

Exactly. Look at Rivals and check out Texas and OU in terms of 4 and 5 star recruits. They are loaded with them and turning away 4 star guys due to not having enough scholarships. Mizzou on the other hand has one 5 star and a 4 star.

I don't think the recruiting rankings are totally indicative of success, but it would be nice to be able to have our choice of the top talent every year.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-08-2008, 02:33 PM
Although, you never know with HS recruits. Matt Ryan and Sam Bradford were 3 star recruits.

bowener
12-08-2008, 02:39 PM
Another interesting committed player from Missouri.

Sheldon Richardson, TE (rank #3)
6;4:, 280lbs.

Big 'kid' and his highlight videos (http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/tracker/player?recruitId=53517&season=2009&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fncf%2frecruiting%2ftracker%2fplayer%3frecruitId%3d535 17%26season%3d2009) just don't look right with him running around catching passes.

sedated
12-08-2008, 02:41 PM
I can only remember KU getting one 4 star recently, a CB. He couldn't cover jack-sh!t, and fumbled every time he tried to return a punt. I only recall him playing for 2 years and haven't heard from him since.

BigRedChief
12-08-2008, 02:41 PM
Found this about him on ESPN. (http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/tracker/player?recruitId=65085&season=2009&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fncf%2frecruiting%2ftracker%2fplayer%3frecruitId%3d650 85%26season%3d2009)

Scouts Grade: 76

Meh. Sounds like an above average HS prospect. Never hurts to have them though.
I know for a fact and saw the offer letters myself from Florida, Florida State, Michigan, USC and Oklahoma.

Some of you guys have met me in person so you can judge his size here.
http://cms.greensummitdispatch.com/repository/39651ACC-5947-21E1-9824-4FDBE10BB658/aaIMG_2983W.jpg

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-08-2008, 02:50 PM
Another interesting committed player from Missouri.

Sheldon Richardson, TE (rank #3)
6;4:, 280lbs.

Big 'kid' and his highlight videos (http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/tracker/player?recruitId=53517&season=2009&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fncf%2frecruiting%2ftracker%2fplayer%3frecruitId%3d535 17%26season%3d2009) just don't look right with him running around catching passes.

ESPN's rankings are fucked up. He's going to play defensive tackle for Mizzou. He's the #5 recruit in the entire country, regardless of position.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-08-2008, 02:51 PM
I know for a fact and saw the offer letters myself from Florida, Florida State, Michigan, USC and Oklahoma.

http://cms.greensummitdispatch.com/repository/39651ACC-5947-21E1-9824-4FDBE10BB658/aaIMG_2983W.jpg

Looks more like Tony Siragusa than a linebacker.

BigRedChief
12-08-2008, 02:54 PM
I've watched him play about 8 games this year. He's fast. He's got good closing speed and can get out in space and make open field tackles.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-08-2008, 02:55 PM
I've watched him play about 8 games this year. He's fast. He's got good closing speed and can get out in space and make open field tackles.

I think you missed the point of that post.

Skip Towne
12-08-2008, 02:55 PM

Or Mark Mangino

BigRedChief
12-08-2008, 03:03 PM
I think you missed the point of that post.
I know. I was just using your post to talk about that I had seen him play also. Another comparison. Here's me and Tony G.
http://www.eteamz.com/lscardinals/files/DougandTony.jpg

bowener
12-08-2008, 03:04 PM
I know. I was just using your post to talk about that I had seen him play also. Another comparison. Here's me and Tony G.
http://www.eteamz.com/lscardinals/files/DougandTony.jpg

Tony has a funny nose. How tall are you? 6'1"-6'2"?

BigRedChief
12-08-2008, 03:05 PM
Tony has a funny nose. How tall are you? 6'1"-6'2"?6'2.

bowener
12-08-2008, 03:06 PM
6'2.

k. That helps. Tony still has a funny nose though.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-08-2008, 03:07 PM

He's not that tall or big though. I interviewed him this year, and he needs to get bigger.

BigRedChief
12-08-2008, 03:08 PM
He's not that tall or big though. I interviewed him this year, and he needs to get bigger.
who? Tony G?

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-08-2008, 03:10 PM
Tony has a funny nose. How tall are you? 6'1"-6'2"?

It's almost like Michael Jackson's nose...weird.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-08-2008, 03:10 PM
who? Tony G?

lol yeah, Tony. If he gets bigger he might become a Hall of Fame TE.

Pitt Gorilla
12-08-2008, 03:29 PM
lol yeah, Tony. If he gets bigger he might become a Hall of Frame TE.Fixed

Sure-Oz
12-08-2008, 03:31 PM
Excellent news for Mizzou

Mecca
12-08-2008, 08:50 PM
For you guys talking about Hazelton, his grandfather was just diagnosed with cancer and he said that played into his decision to transfer he wants to be closer to home..home is New York...so if that is the truth don't expect Missouri.

As for Tatum I don't have alot of nice things to say about him, SC offered him and he fucked up his knee and they stood by him and didn't pull his offer and after 1 year he leaves...he transferred without even competing for playing time like he just frankly saw the other players and gave up.

duncan_idaho
12-08-2008, 09:19 PM
Excited to get Tatum... really thought he was not interested in Mizzou because there had been very little about him following his visit.

Mecca, I heard he put on a bunch of weight following the knee injury and felt like he'd never dig himself out of that hole at USC. Any thoughts there?

Hamas -

I wouldn't be surprised if Richardson at least starts at DE (likely left end, I guess). He certainly has the physical skills (quickness, explosion, agility, top-end speed) to play there. Will be interesting, for sure.

My recruiting wishlist top 5:

Ronnie Wingo (ATH, SLUH, MO)
Chris Freeman (OT, Friendswood, OH)
Terry Hawthorne (WR, East St. Louis, IL)
Taylor Lewan (OT, ? Arizona)
Bryant Allen (ATH, St. Louis)

Mecca
12-08-2008, 09:21 PM
My only thought is, at SC everyone is even you are given fair shot to win playing time no matter what year you are. They stood by him through his injury and he would have been given a fair shot to win playing time.

It just rubbed me wrong that he didn't even TRY to compete for playing time it was like he just gave up like he didn't even care to try to get on the field at SC. He talked a big game when he committed like he'd be a Trojan forever and then he transfers out as if to say "I'm not good enough to get on the field here I'm not even going to try"

duncan_idaho
12-08-2008, 09:26 PM
My only thought is, at SC everyone is even you are given fair shot to win playing time no matter what year you are. They stood by him through his injury and he would have been given a fair shot to win playing time.

It just rubbed me wrong that he didn't even TRY to compete for playing time it was like he just gave up like he didn't even care to try to get on the field at SC. He talked a big game when he committed like he'd be a Trojan forever and then he transfers out as if to say "I'm not good enough to get on the field here I'm not even going to try"

Fair enough. Was there anything else going on? I heard some rumblings from USC rivals guys about him maybe being somewhat asked to leave?

And as for Burton... I think his knee injury prevented him from being a more high profile recruit. LIke the speed and agility, he should be a nice fit at the WLB.

KcMizzou
12-08-2008, 09:27 PM
Excellent news for MizzouYeah, and we could use some good news.

Mecca
12-08-2008, 09:29 PM
I have a hard time thinking they'd ask him to leave.....Marc Tyler had an achilles tendon injury his senior year of high school and they didn't pull his offer and he's on the team today.

Demonpenz
12-08-2008, 09:36 PM
that dude standing next to bigredchief is a pretty built boy for H.S. he is probably already bigger than zach thomas

duncan_idaho
12-08-2008, 09:48 PM
I have a hard time thinking they'd ask him to leave.....Marc Tyler had an achilles tendon injury his senior year of high school and they didn't pull his offer and he's on the team today.

Rumblings I heard were that it wasn't due to the injury... was due to some off-field stuff...

Who knows, probably just a baseless internet rumor.

BigRedChief
12-08-2008, 10:29 PM
Rumblings I heard were that it wasn't due to the injury... was due to some off-field stuff...

Who knows, probably just a baseless internet rumor.
Burton was suspended the first four games of the season. Lots of rumors as to the reason. Truth is he was chewing tobacco in class.

KcMizzou
12-08-2008, 10:29 PM
Burton was suspended the first four games of the season. Lots of rumors as to the reason. Truth is he was chewing tobacco in class.*gasp*

Edit: Wait, Seriously?

Mecca
12-08-2008, 10:30 PM
*gasp*

Well that is a disgusting habit.

BigRedChief
12-08-2008, 10:32 PM
*gasp*

And guess who's class it was?.....waiting.....waiting.....

The head coaches class.

duncan_idaho
12-08-2008, 10:45 PM
Burton was suspended the first four games of the season. Lots of rumors as to the reason. Truth is he was chewing tobacco in class.

Didn't he tear his ACL at some point, or am I thinking of someone else?

KChiefs1
12-08-2008, 10:55 PM

Wasn't there another kid in Mizzou's recruiting class who got suspended for something while playing basketball?

Pitt Gorilla
12-08-2008, 11:36 PM
For you guys talking about Hazelton, his grandfather was just diagnosed with cancer and he said that played into his decision to transfer he wants to be closer to home..home is New York...so if that is the truth don't expect Missouri.

As for Tatum I don't have alot of nice things to say about him, SC offered him and he ****ed up his knee and they stood by him and didn't pull his offer and after 1 year he leaves...he transferred without even competing for playing time like he just frankly saw the other players and gave up.Hazelton now has a visit to MU scheduled.

Mecca
12-08-2008, 11:40 PM
Hazelton now has a visit to MU scheduled.

Well lets see what happens during initial recruiting his Dad begged him to go to Penn State...

Just know this, Vidal is really large and not very fast and he's injury prone.

BigRedChief
12-09-2008, 11:54 AM
Didn't he tear his ACL at some point, or am I thinking of someone else?
yes, last year. He played on it and at times showed his speed and played most downs but by the end of this season he was back to full speed.

eazyb81
12-09-2008, 12:06 PM
Well lets see what happens during initial recruiting his Dad begged him to go to Penn State...

Just know this, Vidal is really large and not very fast and he's injury prone.

Uh, why did he bother to narrow his choices down to three, two of which are nowhere close to the east coast (Mizzou and Texas Tech), if he's going home no matter what?

Your last point just sounds like classic sour grapes. He wasn't a 5 star recruit and #7 overall player in his class becuase he's slow and not very good. Use your head.

Coach
12-09-2008, 12:27 PM
Although, you never know with HS recruits. Matt Ryan and Sam Bradford were 3 star recruits.

Really, sometimes the number of the star can be misleading. It really depends on where they went to school.

I would bet that the HS rules in Texas is very different compared to KS HS. IIRC, last time I checked, Texas teams can practice in spring ball, unlike in Kansas, they don't, or if they do, it would be less than, say, a week?

Fritz88
12-09-2008, 12:39 PM
Reesing, Briscoe, Meier, Sharp..all are coming back next year..bad news for him

duncan_idaho
12-09-2008, 12:57 PM
Reesing, Briscoe, Meier, Sharp..all are coming back next year..bad news for him

There isn't a single team in the Big 12 that fears Jake Sharp. Not one.

The rest of them? Good players. Jake Sharp is an average Big 12 back, nothing more.

Sam Hall
12-09-2008, 02:46 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if KU is favored to win the North next year. They have a lot of starters coming back. Reesing and Briscoe are dangerous. This coming from a Nebraska fan.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-09-2008, 03:03 PM

The rest of them? Good players. Jake Sharp is an average Big 12 back, nothing more.

There was a hilarious discussion about this last week.

duncan_idaho
12-09-2008, 03:12 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if KU is favored to win the North next year. They have a lot of starters coming back. Reesing and Briscoe are dangerous. This coming from a Nebraska fan.

I would agree with you. ku will be the preseason, on-paper favorite.

I think Nebraska and Missouri both will have opportunities to compete for the division, depending on how well their new starters at QB perform.

Pitt Gorilla
12-09-2008, 03:12 PM

Just know this, Vidal is really large and not very fast and he's injury prone.From PowerMizzou:

"Josh, he's like my best friend. He called me before he (committed)," Hazelton said. "I'm definitely highly interested and supposed to be taking a trip out there in the next couple of weeks. Where I stand with them, I'm pretty high on them."

Hazelton was the second-ranked receiver and the No. 7 player overall in the 2006 recruiting class. In three years as a Trojan, he caught 57 passes for 586 yards and four touchdowns. The bulk of that action came in 2007, when Hazelton started as a sophomore, but he was hampered by an injury this season. Hazelton would have one year of eligibility remaining, but says he plans to petition the NCAA for a hardship that would allow him to play next season. And it's more than just Tatum drawing his attention to the Tigers.

"Even though he's my friend, it has a lot to do with their offense," said the New York native. "It's just the type of offense that they run, lot of dudes get a lot of catches, receivers are all over the field."

Tatum and Hazelton hope to make it to Columbia "in the next couple of weeks." Could a decision from the talented transfer come soon after?

"I'm not really looking at too many schools," Hazelton said. "Missouri is definitely high on my list."

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-09-2008, 03:13 PM
That would give Mizzou a damn nice team in 2010.

duncan_idaho
12-09-2008, 03:15 PM
There was a hilarious discussion about this last week.

He's not bad. But he's nothing to be scared of, either.

Fritz88
12-09-2008, 03:44 PM

You know what's funny?..is that all his TDs this year came against big 12 teams..

i am unable to post links in here but check out his stats for this year..

Sure-Oz
12-09-2008, 03:52 PM
That would give Mizzou a damn nice team in 2010.

I hope this works out, we need some good recruits to keep coming and this would help alot

eazyb81
12-09-2008, 04:01 PM
From PowerMizzou:

"Josh, he's like my best friend. He called me before he (committed)," Hazelton said. "I'm definitely highly interested and supposed to be taking a trip out there in the next couple of weeks. Where I stand with them, I'm pretty high on them."

Hazelton was the second-ranked receiver and the No. 7 player overall in the 2006 recruiting class. In three years as a Trojan, he caught 57 passes for 586 yards and four touchdowns. The bulk of that action came in 2007, when Hazelton started as a sophomore, but he was hampered by an injury this season. Hazelton would have one year of eligibility remaining, but says he plans to petition the NCAA for a hardship that would allow him to play next season. And it's more than just Tatum drawing his attention to the Tigers.

"Even though he's my friend, it has a lot to do with their offense," said the New York native. "It's just the type of offense that they run, lot of dudes get a lot of catches, receivers are all over the field."

Tatum and Hazelton hope to make it to Columbia "in the next couple of weeks." Could a decision from the talented transfer come soon after?

"I'm not really looking at too many schools," Hazelton said. "Missouri is definitely high on my list."

And that article doesn't even mention the strong change of Jarrell Harrison, the top JUCO safety and Tatum's teammate, committing to Mizzou now that Tatum is there.

Mecca
12-09-2008, 04:29 PM
Well Hazelton claimed he wanted to be closer to home when it's probably more than he was beaten out for playing time by sophomores...

And yes he's slow...his 40 in spring practices was in the 4.5's he's a typical SC receiver of the past several years very big without blazing speed. He didn't live up to his recruiting projection, he was in the same class Damian Williams was and Williams beat him out easily when Hazelton was the higher rated recruit.

And he is injury prone, there's really no way to dispute that.

Midnight_Vulture
12-09-2008, 05:53 PM
Hehe Misery will still have Dinkel Pinkel though.:)
Still wont be able to beat the big boys. More 30 or 40 point losses to Texas and the Sooners.:deevee:

Ebolapox
12-09-2008, 07:04 PM
Hehe Misery will still have Dinkel Pinkel though.:)
Still wont be able to beat the big boys. More 30 or 40 point losses to Texas and the Sooners.:deevee:

jesus, do you ever shut the fuck up?

Adept Havelock
12-09-2008, 07:09 PM
jesus, do you ever shut the **** up?

Only when he's being double plugged by his brother Daryl and his other brother Daryl.

Sure-Oz
12-09-2008, 09:24 PM
jesus, do you ever shut the **** up?

Do douche bags ever shutup?

Ebolapox
12-09-2008, 09:27 PM
Do douche bags ever shutup?

apparently not. I'd put him on iggy, but then I'd miss the occaisonal gem that he drops.