PDA

View Full Version : Misc Snuggies: The Ultimate Female Christmas Gift?

Donger
12-08-2008, 05:41 PM
I'm buying ten for the females in my life. Well, I'm buying five, but they are throwing in five additional Snuggies for FREE, along with ten nifty LED reading lights. Again, at no additional charge.

Is anyone else getting a Snuggie(s) for the perpetually cold split-tails in their life?

KChiefs1
12-08-2008, 05:44 PM
a what?

Skip Towne
12-08-2008, 05:45 PM
Did you get Royal Blue or burgandy?

Donger
12-08-2008, 05:46 PM
a what?

A/The Snuggie.

Donger
12-08-2008, 05:46 PM
Did you get Royal Blue or burgandy?

Sh*t.

The Franchise
12-08-2008, 05:47 PM
Enlighten me.

OnTheWarpath15
12-08-2008, 05:48 PM
Is that the same as a wedgie?

Buck
12-08-2008, 05:49 PM
Link, you cock-eyed motherfucker?

Donger
12-08-2008, 05:50 PM
Oh my. This is disconcerting:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/y4OxmXpKCcI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/y4OxmXpKCcI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Buck
12-08-2008, 05:50 PM
When I GIS Snuggie, I get this

http://www.horsetackinternational.com/images/SR-snuggie-blanket.jpg

kstater
12-08-2008, 05:51 PM
http://www.theslanket.com/images/rotating_home_image/2.jpg

Delano
12-08-2008, 05:51 PM
Cult-ware.

<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2xZp-GLMMJ0&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2xZp-GLMMJ0&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

DaFace
12-08-2008, 05:53 PM
The perfect gift for the monk wannabe.

BigVE
12-08-2008, 05:55 PM
They look like Star Wars character outfits.

Donger
12-08-2008, 05:55 PM
My daughter will look a little weird in hers, considering she's five and not full-size yet, but WTF.

Delano
12-08-2008, 05:56 PM
My daughter will look a little weird in hers, considering she's five and not full-size yet, but WTF.

She can wear it backwards and pretend it is a wedding gown with a trailing tail thing.

OnTheWarpath15
12-08-2008, 05:59 PM
That thing is the "Ultimate Female Christmas Gift?"

Christ, my wife gets pissed if I mistakenly buy her clothes a size bigger than she really is - I think I'd get Bobbit-ized if I bought her a blanket that would cover a goddamn elephant.

Donger
12-08-2008, 05:59 PM
She can wear it backwards and pretend it is a wedding gown with a trailing tail thing.

That would be the "train."

Donger
12-08-2008, 06:02 PM
That thing is the "Ultimate Female Christmas Gift?"

Christ, my wife gets pissed if I mistakenly buy her clothes a size bigger than she really is - I think I'd get Bobbit-ized if I bought her a blanket that would cover a goddamn elephant.

My wife and daughter (to a lesser extent) are always complaining that I keep the house too cold. Hence, the perfect solution and ultimate Christmas gift.

BWillie
12-08-2008, 06:30 PM
I buy chicks candles or a fruit basket. You just have to alternate each year otherwise they will get pissed.

StcChief
12-08-2008, 07:00 PM
My wife and daughter (to a lesser extent) are always complaining that I keep the house too cold. Hence, the perfect solution and ultimate Christmas gift.sweats? that thing looks a trip and fall waiting to happen.

Saul Good
12-08-2008, 07:01 PM
I thought that was called a robe.

Buehler445
12-08-2008, 07:02 PM
I bought my wife one last year. Except it was called a Cuddle Wrap.

MahiMike
12-08-2008, 07:41 PM
Oh man, I thought you were talking about diapers. I'm thinking your old lady and your grandbabies are on the shopping list...

Delano
12-08-2008, 07:55 PM
I bought my wife one last year. Except it was called a Cuddle Wrap.

How did she respond? Does she use it frequently?

Simply Red
12-08-2008, 07:57 PM
Okay, Donger, what's a Snuggie? Did you buy her a dog, a little pug or something?

Ebolapox
12-08-2008, 07:59 PM
shit. you fuckers are slipping. you give them a vacuum cleaner and tell the bitch to get in the kitchen, make you some pie, get you a sammich, refresh your beer, and then make some fucking babies. and get the goddamned shoes off of her feet.

Skip Towne
12-08-2008, 08:00 PM
Okay, Donger, what's a Snuggie? Did you buy her a dog, a little pug or something?

As seen on TV. Not available in stores.

Simply Red
12-08-2008, 08:02 PM
As seen on TV. Not available in stores.

I see, well thank you. If my wife wanted one of those, I'd leave her.

undercover
12-08-2008, 08:03 PM
I hope you're getting her something that sparkles to go with that "Ultimate Gift".

kstater
12-08-2008, 08:04 PM
shit. you fuckers are slipping. you give them a vacuum cleaner and tell the bitch to get in the kitchen, make you some pie, get you a sammich, refresh your beer, and then make some fucking babies. and get the goddamned shoes off of her feet.

If you've trained her right, you don't need to tell her to do that.

Ebolapox
12-08-2008, 08:06 PM
If you've trained her right, you don't need to tell her to do that.

what does it mean if she has two black eyes? bitch wouldn't listen the first time.

Mr. Laz
12-08-2008, 08:25 PM
can't they just wear a robe backwards? :shrug:

Molitoth
12-08-2008, 08:31 PM
OMG this thing kicks all ass.

patteeu
12-08-2008, 09:13 PM
I never heard of them before now, but I think I'm getting all 3 of the girls in my immediate family one of them.

mikeyis4dcats.
12-08-2008, 09:14 PM
if I get any more spam trying to sell me a Snuggie, I'm gonna burn the fucxking building down.

bowener
12-08-2008, 09:29 PM
Things that crossed my mind while watching the infomercial:

Why cant I just wear a poncho?
Why cant a cut a hole in the middle of a blanket and make that a poncho, then wear a poncho?
Why the fuck am I watching this?
Seriously? Who the fuck would wear this thing to a sporting event? Maybe cheese and whiners at STL or Chiefs fans if it came with a paperbag accessory mask.
Where is the penis opening? Nothing I hate more than masturbating with a blanket draped around me in my chair.

bowener
12-08-2008, 09:31 PM
I hope you're getting her something that sparkles to go with that "Ultimate Gift".

What, a pearl necklace doesn't count anymore?

TinyEvel
12-08-2008, 11:39 PM
This thing is like the ultimate birth control. Even more than the big robe and fuzzy slippers.

Big Sweats, you've met your match!

JOhn
12-09-2008, 04:51 AM
can't they just wear a robe backwards? :shrug:

Exactly what I was thinking. Some dude is getting rich selling backwards robes.:doh!:

BigRichard
12-09-2008, 05:03 AM
You know how I know your gay?........

You wear a snuggie.

Skip Towne
12-09-2008, 11:26 AM
You need to re-think this Donger. You could buy a lot of ShamWows for that money.

luv
12-09-2008, 11:30 AM

No, you buy her a blender and tell her to get in the kitchen.

Ebolapox
12-09-2008, 11:33 AM
No, you buy her a blender and tell her to get in the kitchen.

she got the blender last year :spock:

luv
12-09-2008, 11:34 AM
she got the blender last year :spock:

Crock pots are good, too. Or new pots and pans.

Ebolapox
12-09-2008, 11:39 AM
Crock pots are good, too. Or new pots and pans.

I'm thinking five across the lip would be more apropos. :eek:

undercover
12-09-2008, 04:43 PM
What, a pearl necklace doesn't count anymore?
ROFL

JuicesFlowing
12-09-2008, 05:43 PM
Three words: Sky Mall Magazine.

Katipan
12-09-2008, 06:12 PM
That would be the "train."

Isn't she a little young to be experimenting with trains?

kc rush
01-26-2009, 10:37 AM
Marketing's New Red-Hot Seller: Humble Snuggie

After 4 Million Sold, There's Waiting List for Blanket With Arms

http://adage.com/article?article_id=134080

By Jack Neff

Published: January 26, 2009

BATAVIA, Ohio (AdAge.com) -- The Snuggie blanket launched nationally on direct-response TV in October, just as the economy was slowing to a crawl, so the timing seemingly couldn't have been worse. However, it turns out the timing couldn't have been better.

The quirky little blanket with sleeves has become the raiment of the zeitgeist, with more than 4 million units sold in just over three months and more than 200 parody videos on YouTube. Fox News honed in on a woman wearing a Snuggie as she braved the cold attending Barack Obama's inauguration on Jan. 20, five days after Ellen DeGeneres donned one on her daytime talk show.

Ms. DeGeneres has joined a host of folks mocking the oddball Snuggie ad, which shows people chatting on the phone down on their sofas or attending sporting events in a garment that looks like something out of "Star Wars" or a Franciscan monastery. One of the most popular ads, with more than 125,000 views as of last week, proclaimed a "Cult of the Snuggie." Its opening text declares: "In a godless and cold world, there is but one place to seek warmth and salvation" as a segue into the next two minutes.

With 4 million of the blankets already shipped or on order, or just under $40 million in retail sales, Scott Boilen, president of Allstar Marketing Group, Hawthorne, N.Y., is laughing all the way to the bank. The company behind the Snuggie is moving the blankets out the door as fast as it can get Chinese suppliers to crank them out.

That's sometimes frustrating for customers who want them faster than the promised four-to-six-week delivery time, he said. "People want this product so bad, they want it as soon as they order it," Mr. Boilen said. "And we received so many more orders in the beginning than we anticipated."

Snatching up Snuggies
He said he's heard reports of customers swamping stockers and grabbing all the Snuggies before they even reach the shelves at Bed, Bath & Beyond or Walgreens, the first two retailers to carry the blankets.

The timing worked well on many fronts for Snuggie. With conventional advertisers pulling back, remnant time for direct-response ads has swelled. And because apparel and other consumer-product sales are down, plenty of idle Chinese factories are eager for business.

Ads tout the Snuggie as a way to cut heating bills and let folks curl up on the sofa with their hands free. With a growing number of consumers hunkering down and looking to save money, two Snuggies and two book lights for $19.95 is starting to look like a pretty good deal.

And something about the Snuggie just matches the spirit of the times. "It's a tremendous value in today's tough economic times," Mr. Boilen said. "In this type of economy, people are looking for a value, and this is certainly a value at the price point. ... People are staying home more, and it makes them feel good."

The ad somehow has become part of pop culture, he said, though Allstar Marketing has done nothing so far to cultivate any of the viral buzz or media appearances, including a Facebook fan club with more than 4,000 members.

Rare exception
Mr. Boilen's company has also been behind such DRTV kitsch as Debbie Meyer Green Bags, Aqua Globes and the Topsy Turvy tomato planter. But Snuggie looks like it could end up being the biggest hit, particularly after it expands into a whole range of Snuggie products and full retail distribution at the likes of Walmart later this year.

Generally, the DRTV model has been to come as close as possible to breaking even on sales of product, less media cost, and make profit when products roll into stores, Mr. Boilen said. Snuggie is one of the rare products that projects as profitable this year even before full retail distribution.

Fred Vanore, president of Blue Moon Studios, which produced the Snuggie ad and has also made DRTV ads for conventional marketers such as Procter & Gamble Co. and Church & Dwight's Trojan, believes Snuggie worked "because its time has come."

When Allstar brought the concept to him, he thought of his wife, struggling to keep a throw on as she watched TV in the house and the dog jumped up on her lap. Other scenes, like the family wearing Snuggies to a football game, were intentionally over the top.

"We weren't afraid to have a little fun," Mr. Vanore said. "You may laugh, but when you try it, you really love it."

Not-so original
Snuggie was not, in fact, an entirely original idea. Gary Clegg, a Maine University student, developed a similar product in 1998 -- the Slanket, still sold online and through retailers. But its positioning is largely as a green alternative for lowering heating bills, and its price is $44.95.

"There are very few truly original ideas in this business," Mr. Boilen said. "If the first car that was developed was the only one today, that wouldn't be too good, either."

SlanketLoungin, located in Denver, didn't return calls for comment. Data from Compete.com show getsnuggie.com got more than 300,000 visitors in December. But theslanket.com has obviously benefited from some search spillover: Its traffic increased sevenfold since October to more than 75,000 visitors.

Ultimately, however, it was the quirky problem-solution DRTV ad that made the difference, not the design, said Doug Garnett, president of Atomic Direct, a Portland, Ore., direct-response agency that didn't handle the brand.

"Imagine a product like that just sitting on a retail shelf with no ad," he said. "No one would buy it."

CoMoChief
01-26-2009, 10:14 PM
This commerical calls it the WTF blanket
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/h05ZQ7WHw8Y&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/h05ZQ7WHw8Y&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Jenson71
01-26-2009, 10:33 PM
Just look at this ****ing douchebag:

http://www.ubercoolgifts.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/slanket.jpg

Now imagine him at a high school football game. Enrollment would drop .25 the very next day.

OnTheWarpath15
01-26-2009, 10:35 PM

Now imagine him at a high school football game. Enrollment would drop .25 the very next day.

I'm picturing that pussy Giants fan wearing a blue one.

Completes the "total douchebag package."

Hydrae
01-26-2009, 10:54 PM
I didn't have to buy one of these for my wife. She made it for herself. :D

TinyEvel
01-26-2009, 11:00 PM

WTF he's playing a PSP? There goes our brand!

where'd that pic come from?

Bowser
01-26-2009, 11:19 PM
I'm picturing that pussy Giants fan wearing a blue one.

Completes the "total douchebag package."

To complete the scene, he has one of those inflatable NFL chairs with a Giants logo on it. He wants to stand up, scream, and point like a madman at his chair everytime the Giants make a play, but he keeps tripping over his Snuggie.

KChiefsQT
01-26-2009, 11:24 PM
I'm buying ten for the females in my life. Well, I'm buying five, but they are throwing in five additional Snuggies for FREE, along with ten nifty LED reading lights. Again, at no additional charge.

Is anyone else getting a Snuggie(s) for the perpetually cold split-tails in their life?

haha. I really did want one of these for XMAS.

wazu
01-26-2009, 11:58 PM
I've been trying to talk my buddies into all of us buying these and wearing them to Chiefs games next year. It could be our "thing"!

01-27-2009, 12:03 AM
if I get any more spam trying to sell me a Snuggie, I'm gonna burn the fucxking building down.Need a match to get it started?

Bowser
01-27-2009, 12:05 AM
Need a match to get it started?

"Not so much a friend, but more of an enabler"

bowener
02-01-2009, 02:36 PM
OH YEAH!!! (http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/living/2009/01/30/carroll.snuggie.cnn)

4 MILLION SOLD!!!!

Who contributed to this shit?!

Skip Towne
02-01-2009, 03:56 PM
I've been trying to talk my buddies into all of us buying these and wearing them to Chiefs games next year. It could be our "thing"!

Where would you like your remains sent?

Buck
10-08-2009, 09:22 AM
So last night I'm at Best Buy getting a couple things for my new phone.

As you leave this particular Best Buy, you are sent through a maze to get to the cash registers. Inside the maze they have different products lining the walls, to try to get you to buy one last thing before you leave.

So I grab my 4 GB Micro SD card and my Silicon Phone case and I'm headed out. First I look at the $17.99 Blu-Rays they have up front. I consider Observe and Report, but decide against it.

Next is the magazine rack. I stare at Audrina's boobs for about 3 minutes, then I move on.

Next.....a whole shelf full of Snuggies. I think to myself, wow this would be a great gag gift, too bad its probably really expensive. I look at the price and see that its $15. I decide I have to have one, as its been getting pretty cold in my house at night. A Blanket with sleeves would be clutch.

So I pick it up, and now I am the owner of a Snuggie. Its very comfortable, and useful at the same time.

I used to think these things were ghey, not anymore.

Delano
10-08-2009, 09:26 AM
Do they have snuggies with NFL team logos on them yet?

They would sell a MILLION broncos snuggies. :thailor:

MoreLemonPledge
10-08-2009, 09:33 AM
I picked up a Snuggie last night. Kind of pissed at myself for not doing it sooner. I think the best part is that you can drop a deuce without any adjustment.

rad
10-08-2009, 09:39 AM
So last night I'm at Best Buy getting a couple things for my new phone.

As you leave this particular Best Buy, you are sent through a maze to get to the cash registers. Inside the maze they have different products lining the walls, to try to get you to buy one last thing before you leave.

So I grab my 4 GB Micro SD card and my Silicon Phone case and I'm headed out. First I look at the $17.99 Blu-Rays they have up front. I consider Observe and Report, but decide against it.

Next is the magazine rack. I stare at Audrina's boobs for about 3 minutes, then I move on.

Next.....a whole shelf full of Snuggies. I think to myself, wow this would be a great gag gift, too bad its probably really expensive. I look at the price and see that its $15. I decide I have to have one, as its been getting pretty cold in my house at night. A Blanket with sleeves would be clutch.

So I pick it up, and now I am the owner of a Snuggie. Its very comfortable, and useful at the same time.

I used to think these things were ghey, not anymore.

hmmmmmm.........nice try.

RealSNR
10-08-2009, 09:45 AM
In my neck of the woods, we call them, "prostitutes."

4th and Long
10-08-2009, 09:55 AM
Do they have snuggies with NFL team logos on them yet?

They would sell a MILLION broncos snuggies. :thailor:
http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/2061/snuggie01.jpg

http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/7809/snuggie02.jpg

Dave Lane
10-08-2009, 09:58 AM
OH YEAH!!! (http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/living/2009/01/30/carroll.snuggie.cnn)

4 MILLION SOLD!!!!

Who contributed to this shit?!

I bought 3 :)

patteeu
10-08-2009, 10:15 AM
I bought 3 :)

So did I. My wife and my youngest daughter wouldn't use theirs even though it's not uncommon for them to wrap up in a blanket to watch TV on winter nights. My wife just said she didn't like the material. My oldest daughter loved hers though. She even took it to her swim meets and when she'd go out on a boat at night. Her friends were envious so we gave them the two that weren't getting used.

Donger
10-08-2009, 10:16 AM
BTW, I didn't really buy these. I just wanted to see how many of you would.

Radar Chief
10-08-2009, 10:18 AM
Hells yea, and they love’em too.
Got one for the Mrs. and gave the extra to her mom.
May do it again this year since they’re advertising a leopard print one.

Coach
10-08-2009, 10:28 AM
My wife and daughter (to a lesser extent) are always complaining that I keep the house too cold. Hence, the perfect solution and ultimate Christmas gift.

Turn up the heat?

kstater
11-03-2009, 07:29 PM
https://www.thesnuggiefordogs.com/?mid=585235&a=100463&s=CD7856

Buck
11-03-2009, 07:31 PM
Isn't that what they have fur for?

bowener
11-03-2009, 07:32 PM
https://www.thesnuggiefordogs.com/?mid=585235&a=100463&s=CD7856

Yay, useful! You know, because fur isn't enough.

tmax63
11-03-2009, 07:38 PM
I just bought one yesterday in the leopard-skin print. The war department saw the ad on tv and thought they were pretty neat so first Christmas present is in the bag. I'm almost disgusted that I bought a present this far ahead of Christmas.

Cannibal
11-03-2009, 08:58 PM
Please take no offense, but you are a horrible gift giver.

luv
11-03-2009, 09:01 PM
Why on earth would leopard print make snuggies any more appealing?

And are snuggies really that great? Your hands will still be cold.

Gadzooks
11-03-2009, 10:29 PM
Snuggies are just cheap knock-offs of the slanket.
http://misterdiplomat.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/jedi-slanket-snuggie.jpg?w=223&h=240

MichaelH
11-04-2009, 07:25 AM
Snuggies don't have a back, they're just a blanket with sleeves. The material is thin fleece. Aside from lounging on the couch, I don't think they have much use. Anyone male should be beaten silly for even thinking about wearing one.

58-4ever
11-04-2009, 08:07 AM
On Christmas morning:

You: Here's one I thought you'd like!

Your wife: "Yay.....um.....thanks....yeah....ok"

Cannibal
11-04-2009, 08:40 AM
On Christmas morning:

You: Here's one I thought you'd like!

Your wife: "Yay.....um.....thanks....yeah....ok"

ROFL

patteeu
11-04-2009, 08:55 AM
Weezer think snuggies are for rock and roll! You can get a free Raditude CD with the purchase of the Weezer Snuggie ($30) from their website (http://www.weezer.com/raditude/).

Anyone see them on Letterman?

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SlvLGc6kaUY&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SlvLGc6kaUY&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

HonestChieffan
11-04-2009, 09:27 AM
This is the result of a bad football team. a two year old thread on snuggies and Donger attempting to disavow that he did buy them.

Where will it all end?

gblowfish
11-04-2009, 10:02 AM
Those snuggies are HAWT!!!

Lumpy
11-04-2009, 10:08 AM
Snuck a bunch of Fuggies!! :cuss:

Frankie
11-04-2009, 10:14 AM

Were did you get the free deal?

Duck Dog
11-04-2009, 11:59 AM
Next year, the wife and I are going to dress up for Halloween as the snuggies commercial couple.

Duck Dog
11-04-2009, 12:02 PM
Snuggies don't have a back, they're just a blanket with sleeves. The material is thin fleece. Aside from lounging on the couch, I don't think they have much use. Anyone male should be beaten silly for even thinking about wearing one.

Aside from being able to take a shit while wearing one, I see no difference in just wearing a robe.

TinyEvel
11-04-2009, 12:05 PM
The best part of living in Southern California, you can have the wife wear a teddy all year long :thumb:

Buck
11-30-2010, 12:48 PM
Bump for the holiday season.