PDA

View Full Version : Poop What the Hell is a 'Friend Request'?

vailpass
12-09-2008, 08:53 AM
Through the years I have never been one to participate in any of the 'community' features on this or any other board. Quite frankly they weird me out. Community is in the real world not the damn computer.

Anywho I have never recieved a 'friend request' (shocker, I know) until the other day when I received two. Both appear to be from individuals who have been banned from this board. I have no intention of opening them but would like to know exactly what a friend request means. Is it as lonely and pathetic as it sounds?

Edit: no offense to whoever sent the things, I'm sure your intentions were kind.

Donger
12-09-2008, 08:55 AM
I think the correct procedure is to just hit "Yes." Kind of like when installing software.

vailpass
12-09-2008, 08:56 AM
I think the correct procedure is to just hit "Yes." Kind of like when installing software.

:) Me thinks trouble that way lies...

Hog's Gone Fishin
12-09-2008, 08:56 AM
It means if you hit yes then you are admitting your homosexuality!

Reerun_KC
12-09-2008, 08:57 AM

Is that why you keep repeatly hitting yes to all your friend requests?

ROFL

vailpass
12-09-2008, 08:58 AM

:DCould I buy a gift-wrapped vial of boar jiz from you? Something in a manly color would be nice for my new cyber friends.

Deberg_1990
12-09-2008, 09:02 AM
Im thinking a friend request is when someone wants to be friends with you, so they send you a request.

vailpass
12-09-2008, 09:09 AM
Im thinking a friend request is when someone wants to be friends with you, so they send you a request.

:D Thanks wise apple.

How exactly can you be any more of a "friend" on the computer by accepting one of those things? How can you be any less of a "friend" on the computer if you don't have one of those things with the people with whom you enjoy conversing?

Saulbadguy
12-09-2008, 09:19 AM

How exactly can you be any more of a "friend" on the computer by accepting one of those things? How can you be any less of a "friend" on the computer if you don't have one of those things with the people with whom you enjoy conversing?
I do not understand these things. You see, I am just an unfrozen caveman. Your world frightens and confuses me!

Donger
12-09-2008, 09:23 AM

You may be over-analyzing this. I believe it is merely an acknowledgment and assertion that the person making the request enjoys your posts. Or, perhaps it could have a more nefarious purpose...

luv
12-09-2008, 09:26 AM
You may be over-analyzing this. I believe it is merely an acknowledgment and assertion that the person making the request enjoys your posts. Or, perhaps it could have a more nefarious purpose...

Frazod said something the other day that only people on his contact list could send him pm's. Is there some feature like that on here?

Donger
12-09-2008, 09:27 AM
Frazod said something the other day that only people on his contact list could send him pm's. Is there some feature like that on here?

I don't know.

vailpass
12-09-2008, 09:30 AM
I do not understand these things. You see, I am just an unfrozen caveman. Your world frightens and confuses me!

:D Your strange talking picture boxes that you call "TV" and the rolling iron monsters you call "cars' are beyond my simple brain.
But I do know one thing: the capital gains tax must be repealed!

vailpass
12-09-2008, 09:31 AM

Yes, yes it could.

Deberg_1990
12-09-2008, 09:34 AM

haha

I luv me some old school SNL Phil Hartman.