PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Just something I ran across

beach tribe
12-09-2008, 10:15 AM
An Interview with Axl Rose's Assistant. Talks about him being a Chiefs fan, and Axl being a Raiders fan. Is asked about the stars he's met, and he throws a bunch of Chiefs players out at the end.

I know. Whoopty do. Just thought it was interesting.

http://www.newgnr.com/forum/index.php?topic=37440.0

with Craig Duswalt:

1) How did you get the position of Axl Rose's personal assistant?

CD) I toured with Air Supply with Doug Goldstein. Doug eventually became the manager of GNR and he asked me if I was ready to go on the road again.

2) What did the position involve, and do you have any good stories relating to your time with the Guns n'roses camp?

CD) I took care of everything related to Axl and was with him 24/7. Too many great stories - too many to list here.

3) Did you leave the role of Axl Rose's personal assistant on good terms?

CD) Axl and I left on great terms and we are still friends to this day - even though he's a Raiders fan and I'm a Chiefs fan.
4) Have you heard the new Velvet Revolver album? If so, what are your opinions on it and have you seen them live?

CD) I think the album is great - I still hook up with Slash and Duff from time to time. I have yet to see them live.

5) Axl Rose has been getting alot of bad press recently over the time he has taken to complete the new Guns n'roses album, 'Chinese Democracy'. What is your opinion on this, and what is your opinion on Axl as a person?

CD) I heard most of the tracks back in 1999 at a dinner at Axl's house with Brian May of Queen - he was adding some guitar tracks. The songs were phenomenal. I do not know the exact reasons the album has not been released yet, but I do know that Axl will only release what he is extremely happy with - he will never settle for less.
Axl is one of the nicest guys in the world. He's not so great in public but I think it's because he's uncomfortable with his fame and probably because he's pretty much "invaded" all the time. One on one, he's great - he loves to discuss, debate... everything. Yes he has issues, but we all do. During the tour he was a great friend to me and a great friend to my wife. I have total respect for him.

6) What is your opinion on the current court case between Slash/Duff and Axl Rose relating to rights over old gnr material?

CD) I will not get into this.

7) Outside of Guns n'roses, what other famous people/rock stars have you met, that you can remember?

CD) Oh my God the list is endless. I'll type until it hurts. Elton John Bono, The Edge, Adam Clayton Stephanie Seymour, Naomi Campbell, Christie Turlington Gianni Versace Brain May, Roger Taylor, John Deacon Led Zepplin The Who Liza Minnelli Elizabeth Taylor Spinal Tap Kurt Cobain, Courtney Love George Michael Annie Lennox David Bowie Air Supply Tommy Lee Tears For Fears Seal REO Speedwagon Def Leppard Dave Navarro Shannon Hoon Prince Madonna Monica Seles Ex-KC Chiefs - Derrick Thomas, Nick Lowery, Tim Grunhard etc., etc., etc., these are some of the ones I remember...

When was the last time you saw any of the members of old gnr

CD) Slash, Duff, Matt this past year. Dizzy about a year and a half ago, Gilby about a year ago.

9) What did you do after you left the role of Axl Rose's personal assistant, and what are you doing now?

CD) Started my own businesses. I own a theatre in Santa Clarita, California - Repertory East Playhouse. My wife and I also own a modeling and talent agency - Peak Models & Talent in LA.

10) Based on what you know about the new Guns n'roses album, are you confident Axl can make Guns n'roses big again?

CD) Not big. Huge.

Rausch
12-09-2008, 10:20 AM
As a huge GNR fan this album is $#IT.

It doesn't even sound like Axl and has a very dated and awkward post-hair/pre-grunge suck to it. I don't think he's done much to the music outside of market it differently since 98...

StcChief
12-09-2008, 10:28 AM
no wonder the Chiefs suck... Axe as a fan :)

beach tribe
12-09-2008, 10:29 AM
As a huge GNR fan this album is $#IT.

It doesn't even sound like Axl and has a very dated and awkward post-hair/pre-grunge suck to it. I don't think he's done much to the music outside of market it differently since 98...

I don't think the band should be called GnR, but I think the album is the best rock album of "new" material I've heard in a long time.

Did you buy the album? Have you heard it in it's entirety. I actually started liking it more after about the third listen.

beach tribe
12-09-2008, 10:29 AM
no wonder the Chiefs suck... Axe as a fan :)

Axl is a Raiders fan......maybe that's why they suck.

Demonpenz
12-09-2008, 10:30 AM
I was surprised when I heard the album. pretty good stuff especially for all the crap out there right now

Rausch
12-09-2008, 10:37 AM
Did you buy the album?

Hell no.

Thank God...

Have you heard it in it's entirety.

Yes.

I actually started liking it more after about the third listen.

Sounds like "Yield" by Perl Jam, but it's not. That album seemed to resonate and add with continued listenings but this one just reminds me how much GNR ISN'T in the album...

Brock
12-09-2008, 10:38 AM
Sounds like "Yield" by Perl Jam, but it's not. That album seemed to resonate and add with continued listenings but this one just reminds me how much GNR ISN'T in the album...

That's one of my favorites as well.

beach tribe
12-09-2008, 10:49 AM
Hell no.

Thank God...

Yes.

Like I said, It's not GnR, and that is your main basis for not liking it, and that has definitely given you preconceived notions about the music.

If you just forget about it trying to live up to GnR(which it won't), and compare it to the rest of the crap that comes out nowadays, you'll see that it's not a bad album. (guitar work by Robin Finck (NIN) is better than anything that has come out in the last decade IMO.)

Appetite for destruction, Lies, and the Illusions have set a bar that will never be reached by anyone. That will always be a problem for a band that comes out, and calls themselves GnR that doesn't include Izzy, Duff, and Slash.

StcChief
12-09-2008, 12:46 PM
Axl is a Raiders fan......maybe that's why they suck.ok his Brother then.... :)

Herm needs a new scapegoat.