PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Why do Herms teams always seem to start the season slow then have a rash of injuries?

Reerun_KC
12-11-2008, 12:19 AM
Edit: I figured this would be a good time to bump this thread. Will Pioli put up with these kind of starts year in and out, to appease the True Fans?

Have you ever wondered why Herms teams always start the season off slow then have a rash of injuries throughout the year? Just seems like a trend that the first 5 or 6 games of the year are just a mess before the team takes on some sort of an identity for the rest of the season...

Here are Herms first 6 games W/L record by season

2001 2-4
2002 1-4 (bye week 6)
2003 1-4 (bye week 5)
2004 4-1 (bye week 3)
2005 1-5
2006 2-3 (bye week 3)
2007 3-3
2008 1-4 (bye week 6)

Totals 15-28 to start seasons...

I just dont understand how a guy that is a defensive guru, great talent evaluator, players coach and excellent motivator as some preach on here. How could his teams start the season so poorly?

It just doesnt make sense. I am sure there will be plenty of people blaming everything from injuries to new OC or DC, basically everywhere but at Herm himself....

Silock
12-11-2008, 12:20 AM
DAMMIT CARL.

Reerun_KC
12-11-2008, 12:21 AM
DAMMIT CARL.

I was thinking more of Dammit Steadman!

Hammock Parties
12-11-2008, 12:45 AM
Wow, a post from Reerun that isn't a cookie-cutter copy of the last 14,000.

SHOCK AND AWE!

But yeah. He always starts slow. We'll never win a division championship under this clown because of that very fact.

Reerun_KC
12-11-2008, 12:49 AM
Wow, a post from Reerun that isn't a cookie-cutter copy of the last 14,000.

SHOCK AND AWE!

But yeah. He always starts slow. We'll never win a division championship under this clown because of that very fact.

Take your 25,000 I want to have sex with Huard posts and shove them up your....................

:D

el borracho
12-11-2008, 12:53 AM
I attribute the slow starts to the fact that Herm is a crappy Head Coach and attribute the injuries to Herm's affinity for certain archaic football philosophies.

TinyEvel
12-11-2008, 01:58 AM
WHy is Herm's wife always on top?

Because Herm can only f*ck up!

Mr Luzcious
12-11-2008, 02:01 AM
WHy is Herm's wife always on top?

Because Herm can only f*ck up!

:LOL:

SPchief
12-11-2008, 02:03 AM
If only DV was still here

Demonpenz
12-11-2008, 09:33 AM
it's mostly because herms teams are hard nose and physical

CoMoChief
12-11-2008, 09:49 AM
Have you ever wondered why Herms teams always start the season off slow then have a rash of injuries throughout the year? Just seems like a trend that the first 5 or 6 games of the year are just a mess before the team takes on some sort of an identity for the rest of the season...

Here are Herms first 6 games W/L record by season

2001 2-4
2002 1-4 (bye week 6)
2003 1-4 (bye week 5)
2004 4-1 (bye week 3)
2005 1-5
2006 2-3 (bye week 3)
2007 3-3
2008 1-4 (bye week 6)

Totals 15-28 to start seasons...

I just dont understand how a guy that is a defensive guru, great talent evaluator, players coach and excellent motivator as some preach on here. How could his teams start the season so poorly?

It just doesnt make sense. I am sure there will be plenty of people blaming everything from injuries to new OC or DC, basically everywhere but at Herm himself....

To be honest I just don't think Herm is very smart. I think he lacks the ability to properly prepare this team. Which is the MAIN reason why he needs to go IMO. Top it off with the fact that hes one completely stubborn individual, I really think this is the real reason for this. we've all seen the stupid decisions he's made on the field, god knows what he does in the film room.

JMO

MOhillbilly
12-11-2008, 09:57 AM
in the NFL everybody gets hurt and nobody cares.

Hammock Parties
12-11-2008, 10:24 AM
To be honest I just don't think Herm is very smart.

He has a degree in chemistry.

Every time I think he might have a few marbles loose I ponder that. How the fuck did Herm get a freaking college degree in bloody chemistry? That shit ain't easy, you know.

beach tribe
12-11-2008, 10:31 AM
How the hell did Herm even become a head coach? It's not like he has/had the credentials. Never even been a DC/OC.

beach tribe
12-11-2008, 10:33 AM

Every time I think he might have a few marbles loose I ponder that. How the **** did Herm get a freaking college degree in bloody chemistry? That shit ain't easy, you know.

Was he a scholarship athlete?

Sometimes...ugh.....you know........players get to slide.

"See that shoe? It says Addidas."

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-11-2008, 10:34 AM
Because he's Herm. Nothing more, nothing less.

Rausch
12-11-2008, 10:36 AM

Every time I think he might have a few marbles loose I ponder that. How the **** did Herm get a freaking college degree in bloody chemistry? That shit ain't easy, you know.

I have 133 college hours.

You want me to babysit your kid?...

RedThat
12-11-2008, 10:39 AM
Herms teams always have bad run defenses also.

OnTheWarpath15
12-11-2008, 10:39 AM

Those are the players getting degrees in Communication, Phys. Ed or Family Services.

You can tell by the degree program who's looking for a handout, and who's actually looking for an education.

Brock
12-11-2008, 10:40 AM

I'd be surprised if he slid through college on a chemistry major.

jrowe
12-11-2008, 10:42 AM
Maybe the whole players coach thing = easy training camp, poor conditioning, and a slow start.

L.A. Chieffan
12-11-2008, 10:47 AM
You bind the atoms to form a molecule.....YOU BIND THE ATOMS TO FORM A MOLECULE...HELLLOOOOOOO!

OnTheWarpath15
12-11-2008, 10:47 AM
You bind the atoms to form a molecule.....YOU BIND THE ATOMS TO FORM A MOLECULE...HELLLOOOOOOO!

LMAO

Hammock Parties
12-11-2008, 11:02 AM
How the hell did Herm even become a head coach? It's not like he has/had the credentials. Never even been a DC/OC.

When Herm started going to owner's meetings with Tony Dungy he was pretty much told point blank he was going to be a head coach someday come hell or high water.

He's like the NFL's Manchurian Candidate or something.

smittysbar
12-11-2008, 11:19 AM

ROFLROFLROFLREP

He just isn't a good coach. Same reason that other teams can adjust and Herm cannot. Training Camp seems pretty laid back.

BigChiefFan
12-11-2008, 11:25 AM
Gee, maybe he's an incompetent boob.

CoMoChief
12-11-2008, 11:25 AM

Cheimstry.............football. I see no coorelation whatsoever.

Fact is Herm isn't a very smart coach. We've seen all the stupid shit he's done.

CoMoChief
12-11-2008, 11:27 AM
When Herm started going to owner's meetings with Tony Dungy he was pretty much told point blank he was going to be a head coach someday come hell or high water.

He's like the NFL's Manchurian Candidate or something.

Of course, because he's black.

chiefsngop
12-11-2008, 11:50 AM
There was only one game at Arrowhead that I can say I was actually satisfied Herm's performance.

It was when he brought his Jets here to play.

I was very happy with the way he prepared them to play us, as well as his game management that day.

It made me very happy, and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-11-2008, 11:52 AM
That.

There was only one game at Arrowhead that I can say I was actually satisfied Herm's performance.

It was when he brought his Jets here to play.

I was very happy with the way he prepared them to play us, as well as his game management that day.

It made me very happy, and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Reerun_KC
12-11-2008, 12:42 PM
To be honest I just don't think Herm is very smart. I think he lacks the ability to properly prepare this team. Which is the MAIN reason why he needs to go IMO. Top it off with the fact that hes one completely stubborn individual, I really think this is the real reason for this. we've all seen the stupid decisions he's made on the field, god knows what he does in the film room.

JMO

True, True....

I would like for once to see the Chiefs come out prepared and ready to play. Our failure to make adjustments have cost us more times than not...

Bob Dole
12-11-2008, 01:48 PM
I'd be surprised if he slid through college on a chemistry major.

Then maybe he can cook up the next sports drink or something and stop fucking up our favorite football team?

crazycoffey
12-11-2008, 01:49 PM
The very same reason Marty can't win a SB - it's a byproduct of selling his soul to the devil from making the deals to become head coaches in the first place, D'uh!!!!!

Or

<DT class=hwrd>Main Entry: <DD class=hwrd>co·in·ci·dence http://www.merriam-webster.com/images/audio.gif (http://javascript<b></b>:popWin('/cgi-bin/audio.pl?coinci03.wav=coincidence'))<DT class=pron>Pronunciation: <DD class=pron>\kō-ˈin(t)-sə-dən(t)s, -sə-ˌden(t)s\ <DT class=func>Function: <DD class=func>noun <DT class=date>Date: <DD class=date>1605 1: the act or condition of coinciding (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/coinciding) : correspondence (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/correspondence)2: the occurrence of events that happen at the same time by accident but seem to have some connection ; also : any of these occurrences

</DD>
<DD class=date>I know sometime if it seems too coincidental - there's usually a reason for it. But, sometimes a coincident is just a coincident.....

</DD>

Reerun_KC
01-15-2009, 12:19 PM
Should be a good time to bring this one back up...

BUMP

Lzen
01-15-2009, 01:01 PM
As far as the injuries, it seems like a conditioning problem to me. Same deal as with why Marty Schottenheimer sucked in the playoffs despite being one of the best regular season coaches of all time. There was something about the way he prepared for the playoffs that was different. Hard to put a finger on it, but his playoff record speaks for itself. That many playoff failures is too much to be just bad luck or coincidence.

Herm's team's injuries happen every year. Seems to me that he had a M.A.S.H. unit with the Jets in his last season, as well. Coincidence? I doubt it.