PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft If there's no NFLE and no Arena League, will that affect the NFL draft?

Kylo Ren
12-11-2008, 08:55 PM
The NFLE is out of business and the Arena League is out of business for 2009 and maybe beyond. Maybe it won't affect the draft much, but the undrafted free agents may be even more important. Will there be any affect on the free agent market? Just a couple of questions that I had when I heard today that the Arena League was going out of business.

DaFace
12-11-2008, 09:01 PM
I wondered that myself when I heard the AFL was taking the season off. There will be a bunch of uncommitted players out there. Of course, if Sippio is indication, AFL stars barely make NFL teams, so I wouldn't get your hopes up that anyone decent will suddenly appear.

Thig Lyfe
12-11-2008, 09:12 PM
Sippio got screwed. Thigpen-to-Sippio could have been the next Manning-to-Harrison.

RustShack
12-11-2008, 09:39 PM
Doesn't the UFL start next year? There is still the CFL too.

RustShack
12-11-2008, 09:40 PM
I really don't see how it would affect the draft, since the NFL gets the top players. The only difference now is that the bad players who never make the NFL don't get to play any football now.

BWillie
12-11-2008, 09:40 PM
Is he hate me still available?

RustShack
12-11-2008, 09:43 PM
Is he hate me still available?

I'm not sure what happened to him... I know he was a good KR for the Panthers when they were in the Super Bowl... haven't heard much of him since.

Skip Towne
12-11-2008, 10:31 PM
I'm not sure what happened to him... I know he was a good KR for the Panthers when they were in the Super Bowl... haven't heard much of him since.

Rod Smart. I think he went to the Raiders then the Titans.

royr17
12-11-2008, 10:47 PM
Rod Smart. I think he went to the Raiders then the Titans.

He went to the raiders, tore his knee up, and thats the last that I've heard of him since then.