PDA

View Full Version : Poop So I went to our new BW3 last night

Nzoner
12-12-2008, 12:55 PM
for beer and football and wings and I had 6 of the Blazin'.Thankfully I have today off because although they were hot going in they've been flaming coming out,so much so I'm ready to set my bare ass down outside on my frozen deck.:deevee:

dirk digler
12-12-2008, 12:58 PM
LMAO

I think this goes into the category of to much information :D

Nzoner
12-12-2008, 01:01 PM
LMAO

I think this goes into the category of to much information :D

I thought that's what poop threads were for

Fairplay
12-12-2008, 01:04 PM
You have to expect i suppose.

I can't do that hot spicy stuff. Medium or mild suits me.

Buck
12-12-2008, 01:05 PM
I've never tried this, but I am pretty sure it will work.

Get the bottle of pepto bismol and pour it down your crack, it should soothe the burning.

DaFace
12-12-2008, 01:06 PM
The sad thing is that BW3's hottest wings have nothing on the "Lasting Side Effects" wings at a place (appropriately) called "Wings" in Emporia. It shut down last year, but they used to give you a t-shirt and put your picture on the wall if you could get through 24 of them in 10 minutes. I had a friend who did it, and the "lasting side effects" where there for at least 3 days afterward.

Nzoner
12-12-2008, 01:08 PM
It shut down last year, but they used to give you a t-shirt and put your picture on the wall if you could get through 24 of them in 10 minutes.

So I wonder whose idea that was?

munkey
12-12-2008, 01:13 PM
So I wonder whose idea that was?

hmmm...I wonder

http://www.travelchannel.com/TV_Shows/Man_v_Food?refcd=GO13557s_man_vs_food

Bearcat
12-12-2008, 01:13 PM
Ring of fire.

munkey
12-12-2008, 01:14 PM
here ya go...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOk3BpSTT80&feature=related

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-12-2008, 01:24 PM
BW3's good if you're out in the 'burbs, but in KC there is only one true place to go if you want Wings:

50th and Main, anyone? Oh Yes.

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn182/lightbringerrr/813bd648.jpg

munkey
12-12-2008, 01:25 PM
better yet...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsZpCLC4qaI&feature=related

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-12-2008, 01:26 PM
here ya go...

I love it!

I have soooo been there many times, and all the beer in the bar will NOT help you.

CoMoChief
12-12-2008, 01:27 PM
I went to BWW the other day to pick up my order at the counter to take it home to eat.

I used my debit card, and the teen girl working at the counter gives me a death look and then smarted off. THANKS!!!

She was obviously pissed off that I didn't tip her.........but tip her for what? She didn't make my food, she also didn't wait on me as my food was ready in a bag as I walked in the door. Those ****ers are lucky anyone tips them because the food there is overpriced (the BWW where I lived closed down and got bought out by BWW corporate and they raised food prices on everything about a dollar or 2, then reopened up, now no one goes there anymore) and they charge you $1.50 for ****ING RANCH. Anyways....

Sorry back to the Ranch......thats blasphemy that a wings place charges you for ranch, that's like MC'Ds charging you for ketchup/sweet n sour sauce for nuggets etc.

So My order was around $16, got like a 12 pc boneless and an order of popcorn shrimp. Keep in mind I didn't leave a tip. Sign my recpt and go home to eat my food.

$16

Couple days later (last night actually) I'm checking my bank acct online to see if a check has gone through and I looked at the BWW charge and BWW charged my debit card $32. That ****in little bitch double charged my debit card because I didn't tip her.

I'm going up there today and throwing a fit, I still have the recpt and a copy of my bank statement printed off. THIS IS ****IN WAR!!!!!!!

Nzoner
12-12-2008, 01:29 PM
here ya go...

BW3 has a contest like the aforementioned where you have to eat 12 Blazin' in 6 minutes with no napkins water or dip.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-12-2008, 01:29 PM
I went to BWW the other day to pick up my order at the counter to take it home to eat.

I used my debit card, and the teen girl working at the counter gives me a death look and then smarted off. THANKS!!!

She was obviously pissed off that I didn't tip her.........but tip her for what? She didn't make my food, she also didn't wait on me as my food was ready in a bag as I walked in the door.

So My order was around $16, got like a 12 pc boneless and an order of popcorn shrimp. Keep in mind I didn't leave a tip. Sign my recpt and go home to eat my food.

$16

Couple days later (last night actually) I'm checking my bank acct online to see if a check has gone through and I looked at the BWW charge and BWW charged my debit card $32. That fuckin little bitch double charged my debit card because I didn't tip her.

I'm going up there today and throwing a fit, I still have the recpt and a copy of my bank statement printed off. THIS IS FUCKIN WAR!!!!!!!

ROFLROFLROFL

You got 'Wunk'd..

Buck
12-12-2008, 01:30 PM
I went to some Buffalo wing place in Buffalo, NY that claimed they invented the Buffalo wing. It was pretty damn good.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-12-2008, 01:31 PM
I went to some Buffalo wing place in Buffalo, NY that claimed they invented the Buffalo wing. It was pretty damn good.

It's gotta' be the FULL WING. No solo "drummies" and "splitters", and you gotta' have the wing tip too.

munkey
12-12-2008, 01:32 PM

She was obviously pissed off that I didn't tip her.........but tip her for what? She didn't make my food, she also didn't wait on me as my food was ready in a bag as I walked in the door.

$16

Couple days later (last night actually) I'm checking my bank acct online to see if a check has gone through and I looked at the BWW charge and BWW charged my debit card $32. That ****in little bitch double charged my debit card because I didn't tip her.

I'm going up there today and throwing a fit, I still have the recpt and a copy of my bank statement printed off. THIS IS ****IN WAR!!!!!!!

That's credit card fraud...If she forged the receipt then the establishment is liable for all your costs associated with proving the fact. Keep track of your time and mileage :-)

Buck
12-12-2008, 01:33 PM
It's gotta' be the FULL WING. No solo "drummies" and "splitters", and you gotta' have the wing tip too.

Yeah, they knew what they were doing.

My favorite time to go out to Hooters is on College Football Saturday's.

Wings, Boobs, Beer, Football....

Nothing better.

The Franchise
12-12-2008, 01:34 PM

She was obviously pissed off that I didn't tip her.........but tip her for what? She didn't make my food, she also didn't wait on me as my food was ready in a bag as I walked in the door. Those ****ers are lucky anyone tips them because the food there is overpriced (the BWW where I lived closed down and got bought out by BWW corporate and they raised food prices on everything about a dollar or 2, then reopened up, now no one goes there anymore) and they charge you $1.50 for ****ING RANCH. Anyways....

$16

Is it an actual double charge (charged twice?) or is it just one charge for $32? I've been places where they always put a hold on your account for around $10 more than the cost and then when they put the charge through it goes back down to what you paid.

Hootie
12-12-2008, 01:38 PM
for beer and football and wings and I had 6 of the Blazin'.Thankfully I have today off because although they were hot going in they've been flaming coming out,so much so I'm ready to set my bare ass down outside on my frozen deck.:deevee:

I love Buffalo Wild Wings and hot sauce...really hot sauce...but blazing is flat our ridiculous...definitely the hottest sauce I've ever tasted...by a wide margin.

munkey
Is it an actual double charge (charged twice?) or is it just one charge for $32? I've been places where they always put a hold on your account for around $10 more than the cost and then when they put the charge through it goes back down to what you paid.

I've only seen that at the gas pump...and it's not for double...rather a fixed amount until the debt has gone through...which I've always found odd since your account it actually debited and then credited for the amount purchased.

Someone is making a few cents on those transactions...guarantee...

Hootie
If you guys are big salsa fans...and like hot sauce...try Miss Renfro's Habanero salsa...it's intense and awesome.

CoMoChief
12-12-2008, 01:39 PM

Just one charge for $32.22 (my order was $16.11), but nothing is holding or pending on my bank acct for anything.

so it's exactly double the amt. And no way in hell did I leave a $16.11 tip on a pickup order

Nzoner
12-12-2008, 01:40 PM
Just one charge for $32.22 (my order was $16.11)

so it's exactly double the amt. And no way in hell did I leave a $16.11 tip on a pickup order

I'd be raising holy hell and getting free wings for life in the process.

Hootie
12-12-2008, 01:41 PM
they used to make you sign a waiver when you ordered blazin' a few years ago...

munkey
12-12-2008, 01:42 PM
Just one charge for $32.22 (my order was $16.11), but nothing is holding or pending on my bank acct for anything.

They can't "double charge" you...she had to have voided the transaction you signed and ran it again at double....that or she ran it twice. If it batches out on the same day it could show as one charge on your statement but I seriously doubt it.

Bearcat
12-12-2008, 01:43 PM

$16

Or maybe she's just an idiot who doesn't know how to use a cash register? :shrug:

I don't go to BWW all that often, because the service always sucks... I've been to one in KC, Ann Arbor MI, and Shreveport LA, and the service sucked at all three. And not just bad, but really, really awful. It's like a culture of awfulness.

Hootie
12-12-2008, 01:43 PM

well wait until it is actually posted...sometimes they mess shit up at a restaurant and it appears as if you're charged twice but when it is "officially" posted it ends up only charging you once.

For instance...if you pay with a credit card and tip $4 on $16...if the server accidentally closes you our for $200 instead of $20, you can cancel it, recharge, and fix it...and the $16 will post twice initially but it'll straighten out to a $20 charge when it is officially posted.

munkey
12-12-2008, 01:45 PM
Most business have online access to every batch and transaction online if not a copy of the receipt for that nights batch from the terminal or POS...tell them to pull it up or have them call their MSP (merchant service provider) about it.

Hootie
12-12-2008, 01:46 PM
I don't like how BW3 switched to a "restaurant"...it's just awkward now...I miss the days when you go up to the counter when you want your wings...order...fill your own pop...they bring out the food when it's ready...you can sit around all day and watch football and not feel bad for taking a server's table and only drinking a few beers and ordering one time for 9 hours of football...it's just a way for them to pay employees nothing and force the customers to pay their employees to work...I hate it.

Now I have to tip for the same service I got before other than the fact that I had to fill my own drink and place my order at the counter...which I preferred because I used to order in segments rather than get everything at once.

Irritating...if the damn sauce wasn't so good I'd go to Hooters instead because the quality of chicken is much better...BW3 makes their wings in bulk and store them in a wing drawer until they run out and then they repeat the process...so you have to get lucky to get fresh wings most of the time.

munkey
12-12-2008, 01:47 PM
well wait until it is actually posted...sometimes they mess shit up at a restaurant and it appears as if you're charged twice but when it is "officially" posted it ends up only charging you once.

For instance...if you pay with a credit card and tip $4 on $16...if the server accidentally closes you our for $200 instead of $20, you can cancel it, recharge, and fix it...and the $16 will post twice initially but it'll straighten out to a $20 charge when it is officially posted.

That's a charge back...another option you have. Dispute it with your bank and make them defend it.

CHENZ A!

You should have tipped. You think she didn't take your order, make sure the order was correct, bag it all up, take your money, etc. You got waited on, whether you ate in the restaurant or at home doesn't matter.

Demonpenz
service at bww always has sucked for me there but i think there is a place called chashew downtown that has the bombass wings

sedated
12-12-2008, 01:49 PM
I never tip at BWW, even if I eat there. Any time I have to walk up to a counter to order I immediately waive any obligation to tip.

This, of course, does not include my multiple hours sitting at the bar.

Hootie
12-12-2008, 01:50 PM
I'm just saying...I used to deal with huge parties when I was a waiter and a lot of the time I'd have 15 separate checks with 15 different credit cards and a lot of people order the same shit and tip differently so sometimes I'd fuck something up and have to go back and fix it and it always will post both charges but the other one will drop when it's officially posted a few days later...had to explain it to customers all the time.

sedated
You should have tipped. You think she didn't take your order, make sure the order was correct, bag it all up, take your money, etc. You got waited on, whether you ate in the restaurant or at home doesn't matter.

I did the same exact thing when I worked at McDonalds and didn't get an extra dime.

CHENZ A!
service at bww always has sucked for me there but i think there is a place called chashew downtown that has the bombass wings

Peanut downtown used to have "Hip hop n Hot Wings" on sunday nights.. their wings were the shit!

Nzoner
12-12-2008, 01:51 PM
Our service last night was great,the only question I had was when I got my check and the server charged me for 8-23 oz beers,not saying I didn't drink that many but it just seemed a little high.

Hootie
12-12-2008, 01:51 PM
I never tip at BBW, even if I eat there. Any time I have to walk up to a counter to order I immediately waive any obligation to tip.

This, of course, does not include my multiple hours sitting at the bar.

hmm

this is the BW3 I miss...counter ordering...but you don't have a server here so you're not obligated or suppose to tip...

If someone takes your order and brings you food and fills your beverage, you should tip...

Demonpenz
12-12-2008, 01:52 PM

wow she did her job whooopppeeee

CHENZ A!
12-12-2008, 01:53 PM
I did the same exact thing when I worked at McDonalds and didn't get an extra dime.

It is not customary to tip at fast food restaurants. I don't think any place in which you can be waited on by a server or bartender is fast food, so therefore you should tip.

CHENZ A!
wow she did her job whooopppeeee

people in that industry depend on tips.

CoMoChief

Do you tip people that work at McDonalds then?

Hootie
12-12-2008, 01:54 PM

Before I started working at a restaurant, I didn't realize it was proper to tip on carryout orders...but yeah, the bartender was in charge where I worked and they did, most of the time, put the order together and make sure it was correct so throwing 10% their way wouldn't hurt...but I don't think carryout necessarily WARRANTS tipping...it's nice, but not necessary.

Personally, I hate working with people who bitch about tips...it's not against the law to not tip...some people suck, deal with it...some people I work(ed) with would let one bad tip ruin their entire shift...and annoy the fuck out of me in the process.

Demonpenz
12-12-2008, 01:54 PM
people in that industry depend on tips.

AWEEEEEE get a real job

CHENZ A!
12-12-2008, 01:55 PM
AWEEEEEE get a real job

LMAO ok

munkey
12-12-2008, 01:55 PM

Are you referring to the business or the individual? There's no way in hell an individual can recharge an amount on a business merchant account. The server can void it and recharge it but the consumer...not a chance.

The consumer would have to sign off on the new receipt as well....after the void. The only avenue for the consumer is a charge back to the business OR to go in to the establishment and fix the problem.

~unless you know something I don't~

Hootie
12-12-2008, 01:56 PM

blah blah blah

If you go to a restaurant, tip. If you don't like to tip, order carry out or dine in.

He's wrong when he says tipping is an obligation on a carry out, because it isn't...it's appreciated, but it isn't necessary.

90% of the people who order carry out don't tip so it's not like you're in the minority.

CHENZ A!
12-12-2008, 01:57 PM

It is not customary to tip at fast food restaurants. I don't think any place in which you can be waited on by a server or bartender is fast food, so therefore you should tip.

Even if it is just a couple dollars.

dirk digler
12-12-2008, 01:58 PM
I thought that's what poop threads were for

Good point

Carry on with your flaming ass story LMAO

Hootie
Are you referring to the business or the individual? There's no way in hell an individual can recharge an amount on a business merchant account. The server can void it and recharge it but the consumer...not a chance.

The consumer would have to sign off on the new receipt as well....after the void. The only avenue for the consumer is a charge back to the business OR to go in to the establishment and fix the problem.

~unless you know something I don't~
I don't know what you're saying...

All I know is that as soon as I swipe the card I have the power to charge it whatever I want...sometimes I'd mess up and I could void the charge and re-charge the card to correct my error...in which case the initial posting would show two charges but a day or two later one would drop...

I know I'm not wording this to make much sense...

dirk digler
BW3's good if you're out in the 'burbs, but in KC there is only one true place to go if you want Wings:

50th and Main, anyone? Oh Yes.

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn182/lightbringerrr/813bd648.jpg

What is the name of that place?

sedated
12-12-2008, 02:00 PM

BWW is glorified fast food. I order at a counter. I fill my own drink at the soda fountain. If I need more napkins, I walk my ass to the condiment station and get more.

Just the fact that they walk the food to your table doesn't make it Plaza III

Demonpenz
12-12-2008, 02:00 PM
That's the problem with america today. Freaking everyone wants a freaking handout. I Went to goodcents the other day and they had a tip charge. I put a nickle in there and said YOUR WELCOME really really loud. Good lord people think they are doing freaking brain surgery putting together some food that is overpriced and overcharged. OH MY GOD THAT GUY ONLY TIPPED ME SO AND SO AND SO AND SO. If you don't like it get an education and get a freaking job that pays better. My goodness it's no wonder our economy is in the shitter, people are yelling at their kids during christmas, etc. This Is America. OH NOES I AM NOT GOING TO TIP YOU FOR PUTTING MY ORDER TOGETHER GASP. I am sure my Grandparents didn't really give a shit about tipping when they were storming the beaches of normandy. But the people today could give a shit about that they would rather play their flipping Rap music and Pray to satan or get the latest bullshit tatoo so they can be "different' Or original YOU KNOW I got an Idea the next time someone gives me shit for not tipping I am going to give them this tip. Your Piercings make you look like a freakshow and that tatoo looks like a gypsy whore from 200 years ago. Now go to the freaking circus where you belong and give me my Freaking wings now before I smashed them all over your "OH SO CUTE" van shoes.

Nzoner
12-12-2008, 02:01 PM
So what do you server's think about this,I heard a waitress moaning last night that a guy bought 11-$25 gift cards and only gave her $3,I'd never even think about tipping if I was buying a GC

sedated
12-12-2008, 02:01 PM
What is the name of that place?

peanut. voted best wings in KC since the dark ages.

Hootie
12-12-2008, 02:02 PM
BWW is glorified fast food. I order at a counter. I fill my own drink at the soda fountain. If I need more napkins, I walk my ass to the condiment station and get more.

Just the fact that they walk the food to your table doesn't make it Plaza III

That's an old school BW3 and I love it...you're not suppose to tip there.

The new BW3's are "restaurants" and a server takes your order and fills your beverages etc. etc. etc.

I preferred the old school, seat yourself, sit there all day, watch football BW3 that you're lucky enough to have.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-12-2008, 02:02 PM
Yeah, they knew what they were doing.

My favorite time to go out to Hooters is on College Football Saturday's.

Wings, Boobs, Beer, Football....

Nothing better.

You know, I find it so odd that with the boobs and burgers and beer, that they chose chicken wings as their top-draw.
I say this because that orange goo they call wing sauce is just horrible.

I DO loves the boobies though!
:thumb:

munkey
12-12-2008, 02:04 PM

Even if it is just a couple dollars.

So what exactly is "fast food" to you? The amount of time it takes to walk in and pick it up OR the time it takes the business to make it?

gblowfish
If I get good service, I always leave a good tip. But they have to take my order at the table, bring my food to the table, bring my drinks to the table.

If I get lousy service I don't tip. That's just the way it is. No "entitlement" tipping.

dirk digler

Cool thanks. I will have to try it

sedated
12-12-2008, 02:05 PM
So what do you server's think about this,I heard a waitress moaning last night that a guy bought 11-$25 gift cards and only gave her $3,I'd never even think about tipping if I was buying a GC

IMO, that would depend on effort. If she just reached under the counter and grabbed 11 cards, I wouldn't tip jack shit.

In fact, I don't think there is enough effort to deserve a tip on that. What's the worst scenario - she has to walk into the back to get them? Shit, I'd do that myself if they'd let me.

That's one of those situations where it almost looks better not to tip at all, since its a questionable tip in the first place.

Demonpenz
12-12-2008, 02:05 PM
yeah the peanut is a small bar but everyone says the wings were the bomb.

Demonpenz
12-12-2008, 02:06 PM
IMO, that would depend on effort. If she just reached under the counter and grabbed 11 cards, I wouldn't tip jack shit.

In fact, I don't think there is enough effort to deserve a tip on that. What's the worst scenario - she has to walk into the back to get them? Shit, I'd do that myself if they'd let me.

That's one of those situations where it almost looks better not to tip at all, since its a questionable tip in the first place.

they will get a tip when they come back and use them. I am sure they had to activate them or something like that but I would never tip like a hastings or wal mart person for scanning giftcards

dirk digler

I would never tip for that.

In fact I never tip unless I sit my ass down. If I go to the local pizza joint to pick up a to-go order I never tip them. I don't get why you should.

Hootie

Dumbest thing I've ever heard...

She probably wasn't very bright...as a server during gift card season, you can buy gift cards and add them to the meal ticket...so if you order $20 of food and $150 of gift certificates, the bill will be $170...some servers don't get this and expect a 15-20% tip on $170 instead of $20...but those people are dumb.

Most restaurants require servers to tip out around 3% of their total sales ($30 on $1000 in sales) but where I worked gift cards were exempt from this tip out and NO ONE should ever tip when buying a gift card...$3 is VERY generous and unnecessary.

However, sometimes on that $170 bill the payee doesn't ever think about it and tips 20% on the total bill anyways in which case 'yaaay' I guess.

Seriously...I loved working in a restaurant...you learn a lot about people.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-12-2008, 02:07 PM

And worth every vote. That home made blue cheese dressing simply can not be beaten.

sedated
12-12-2008, 02:08 PM
they will get a tip when they come back and use them.

no shit. I have to put down an extra 20% for the honor of pledging X dollars to your restaurant?

blaise
12-12-2008, 02:08 PM

That's the Anchor Bar btw. Why do they call Buffalo Wild Wings, BW3? There's only two W's in the name. Did it used to be called something different?

Demonpenz
12-12-2008, 02:09 PM
it used to have weck's in it weck is a cheap meat

munkey
I don't know what you're saying...

All I know is that as soon as I swipe the card I have the power to charge it whatever I want...sometimes I'd mess up and I could void the charge and re-charge the card to correct my error...in which case the initial posting would show two charges but a day or two later one would drop...

I know I'm not wording this to make much sense...

No...it makes sense...you voided the transaction before the customer signed the receipt. You can't however void after signature and re-charge the account.

Especially if you change the amount of the original charge. Do that and you piss people off and create more work for the owner and the MSP.

Hootie
If I get good service, I always leave a good tip. But they have to take my order at the table, bring my food to the table, bring my drinks to the table.

If I get lousy service I don't tip. That's just the way it is. No "entitlement" tipping.

I agree with this line of thinking...but some people are unreasonable in their demands.

If I don't get the best of service but it appears as if the server was working to their best of abilities, I'll still leave a good tip.

If the restaurant is half full and the service is lousy, I still leave a pity tip because I'm a nice guy but I never want to...serving isn't hard, I did it for 5 years and it was extremely easy for the money I was making, but I was good at it so I never had to deal with the angry customer...even though some people, and I'm convinced of this, simply go out and LOOK for confrontations...in which case I feel better about myself.

Demonpenz
buffalo wild wings and wecks

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-12-2008, 02:10 PM
That's the Anchor Bar btw. Why do they call Buffalo Wild Wings, BW3? There's only two W's in the name. Did it used to be called something different?

Yeah, me too. DCS does not understand it all.

Hootie
12-12-2008, 02:10 PM

Buffalo Wild Wings & Weck

Hootie
12-12-2008, 02:12 PM
No...it makes sense...you voided the transaction before the customer signed the receipt. You can't however void after signature and re-charge the account.

Especially if you change the amount of the original charge. Do that and you piss people off and create more work for the owner and the MSP.

Well that's all 'legal' and we don't pay attention to it ROFL

Separate checks...sometimes I'll close out the wrong credit card with the wrong tip...I'll void it and fix it and I don't ever ask for the customer (who is usually already gone) to re-sign anything...

blaise
12-12-2008, 02:13 PM
The weck must be beef on weck. That's another Buffalo food. A lot of the bars there serve it. It's hot roast beef simmered in juice and served on a kimmelweck(sp?) bun, which is a bun with coarse salt rubbed on top. People usually put horseradish on it too. They're pretty freaking good.

Hootie
12-12-2008, 02:13 PM
They may have fixed it with all of the new fancy shit...but the receipts and napkins etc... all used to use the BW3 abbreviation as well...

B-dubs or BW3 just sounds cooler than Buffalo Wild Wings.

CoMoChief
12-12-2008, 02:14 PM
blah blah blah

If you go to a restaurant, tip. If you don't like to tip, order carry out or dine in.

He's wrong when he says tipping is an obligation on a carry out, because it isn't...it's appreciated, but it isn't necessary.

90% of the people who order carry out don't tip so it's not like you're in the minority.

If I go and sit down at a resturant, even at BWW if I go in and sit down, I will tip, because that person is waiting on my personally. Same with bars, clubs etc. I even tip the losers that work at Sonic that bring the food out to you when I could have just as easily driven through the drive thru instead.

My roomate used to work at that BWW before it shut down and reopened. He lost his job because corporate came in and fired everyone there pretty much.

The kitchen puts the order together, bags it up and leaves it under the heat lamp or whatever they call it.

Then the little bitchy teenage sits at the front counter texting on her cell phone waiting for me to come pick the order up (this was about 4pm, no one was in the place except me and some regular sitting at the bar).

No, I will not tip her or anyone in that situation.

Demonpenz
12-12-2008, 02:14 PM
Yeah, me too. DCS does not understand it all.

d

Hootie
12-12-2008, 02:15 PM
I still love BW3 on Sunday's...I feel bad for taking up a table the entire day so I usually end up rolling up a $80 bill...but football all day and sports trivia on NTN at 6 PM...8 23 oz. Miller Lite's...best day of the week (if only the Chiefs would win now and then...)

munkey
12-12-2008, 02:15 PM
Well that's all 'legal' and we don't pay attention to it ROFL

Separate checks...sometimes I'll close out the wrong credit card with the wrong tip...I'll void it and fix it and I don't ever ask for the customer (who is usually already gone) to re-sign anything...

No...your just fortunate that people don't really pay attention to their bank statements...much like businesses don't pay attention to their merchant statements ;-)

Hootie
12-12-2008, 02:17 PM
If I go and sit down at a resturant, I will tip, because that person is waiting on my personally. I even tip the losers that work at Sonic that bring the food out to you when I could have just as easily driven through the drive thru instead.

My roomate used to work at that BWW before it shut down and reopened. He lost his job because corporate came in and fired everyone there pretty much.

The kitchen puts the order together, bags it up and leaves it under the heat lamp or whatever they call it.

Then the little bitchy teenage sits at the front counter texting on her cell phone waiting for me to come pick the order up (this was about 4pm, no one was in the place except me and some regular sitting at the bar).

No, I will not tip her or anyone in that situation.

Oh I agree.

When I worked at Bennigans (RIP), the bartenders were in charge of to go orders...taking the order, checking for the order to come up, bagging the order, making sure the modifications were right, etc...

Personally, this probably deserves a 10% tip and I'd day 1 out of every 10 people leave a tip on this...especially businesses...but I don't think it's necessary by any means...and you're right, most restaurants have someone in charge of this anyways.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-12-2008, 02:18 PM
buffalo wild wings and wecks

One of the best things about being a band on tour with management and a contract rider is getting your food( and booze )per diem.

Me and two of the other guys were wing fanatics, and our ritual was get $$$$, ask where the closest "Wingery" was, and go get your chicken gorge on.

Then drink free beer, play pool, play show, get paid, and get freaky with the local strange.

Good times, good times...

dirk digler
12-12-2008, 02:19 PM
I agree with this line of thinking...but some people are unreasonable in their demands.

If I don't get the best of service but it appears as if the server was working to their best of abilities, I'll still leave a good tip.

If the restaurant is half full and the service is lousy, I still leave a pity tip because I'm a nice guy but I never want to...serving isn't hard, I did it for 5 years and it was extremely easy for the money I was making, but I was good at it so I never had to deal with the angry customer...even though some people, and I'm convinced of this, simply go out and LOOK for confrontations...in which case I feel better about myself.

I agree with it too. I worked in the restaurant biz for several years so I have an appreciation for how hard restaurant workers work and the long hours they put in. But I am not tipping them for giving me a gift card or picking up a to-go order.

blaise
12-12-2008, 02:20 PM
I don't like how the places always have Curbside to Go. It's awkward to me how they stand there staring down at the pad to see if you're tipping them.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-12-2008, 02:21 PM
I don't like how the places always have Curbside to Go. It's awkward to me how they stand there staring down at the pad to see if you're tipping them.

No shit. It's basically a glorified Sonic move for the ultra lazy.

Demonpenz
12-12-2008, 02:22 PM
I had curbside to go one time and they don't bring out beer. gay

CoMoChief
12-12-2008, 02:23 PM

Jesus Christ really?

blaise
12-12-2008, 02:23 PM
One of the best things about being a band on tour with management and a contract rider is getting your food( and booze )per diem.

Me and two of the other guys were wing fanatics, and our ritual was get $$$$, ask where the closest "Wingery" was, and go get your chicken gorge on.

Then drink free beer, play pool, play show, get paid, and get freaky with the local strange.

Good times, good times...

I went to college at the University of Buffalo. There were seven bars within walking distance to our rental house and they all sold wings. We planned our week around .10 or .25 cent wings and beer.
There was a place called Chevys that sold a pitcher of beer and a dozen wings for $5 every day.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-12-2008, 02:29 PM
I had curbside to go one time and they don't bring out beer. gay

ROFL

They still have a drive-thru liquor store up here.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-12-2008, 02:32 PM
I went to college at the University of Buffalo. There were seven bars within walking distance to our rental house and they all sold wings. We planned our week around .10 or .25 cent wings and beer.
There was a place called Chevys that sold a pitcher of beer and a dozen wings for $5 every day.

Oh yeah; Chevy's sounds like my kind of place.

I had a couple of friends who worked at Fred P. Ott's on the plaza, and we'd go there on Sunday, throw about 10 bucks a piece to our buddy in the kitchen, and get a piled-high, platter-sized tray of wings.

And beer. Lots and lots of beer.

Molitoth
12-12-2008, 03:14 PM
I stood in line to get the free wing coupons for a year. =p

Anyway, I went in the other day and the food is reasonably priced, but the beer is just god awful expensive.... pretty much $5 a beer. The Stella I got was $6!

I'm a cheapass, so I will still go to Cheddar's and hang. I'm a beer guy, but those Margarita's for $2.50 are the best alcohol bang for the buck in town.

Oh ya its funny that all the bartenders and other employees I'm friends with moved from 54/cheddars/ ect to BWW..... they straight up jacked all the other business employee's.

arrowheadnation
12-12-2008, 04:34 PM
My buddy took the blazin' challenge last year and was able to finish, but when he got done, the waitress comes back from the back and informs him that they're out of "I survived the Blazin' Challenge" t-shirts and that their polaroid has no film so they can't put his picture on the wall, but that they CAN sell him a BWW hat for the reduced price of $5. I didn't figure it was too big of a deal, but the way he reacted, you'd have thought the waitress killed his dog. He demanded to see a manager and asked them to either mail him his tshirt or give him his meal for free, but again, all the manager did was offer him a free drink........and a BWW hat for only $5. My buddy put a 10 down for the wings and his drink and left us by ourselves.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-12-2008, 06:37 PM
My buddy took the blazin' challenge last year and was able to finish, but when he got done, the waitress comes back from the back and informs him that they're out of "I survived the Blazin' Challenge" t-shirts and that their polaroid has no film so they can't put his picture on the wall, but that they CAN sell him a BWW hat for the reduced price of $5. I didn't figure it was too big of a deal, but the way he reacted, you'd have thought the waitress killed his dog. He demanded to see a manager and asked them to either mail him his tshirt or give him his meal for free, but again, all the manager did was offer him a free drink........and a BWW hat for only $5. My buddy put a 10 down for the wings and his drink and left us by ourselves.

I would have taken a two-finger wipe to the remainder of the Blazing Sauce left in the basket, and smeared it on the side of that assholes face.

Baby Lee
12-13-2008, 04:45 PM
There's a blazin' challenge? A buddy and I would regularly split a 1/2 dozen each of Mango Habernero and Blazin [on 50 cent boneless day] over lunch break just because.

ChiefsCountry
12-13-2008, 05:54 PM
At BWW's I am big fan of the Caribbaen Jerk and Parmasian Garlic.

Hootie
12-13-2008, 06:09 PM
There's a blazin' challenge? A buddy and I would regularly split a 1/2 dozen each of Mango Habernero and Blazin [on 50 cent boneless day] over lunch break just because.

I don't use ranch or celery...but if the dude is eating blazin' without ranch or celery props...that shit is HOT.

Baby Lee
12-13-2008, 06:31 PM
I don't use ranch or celery...but if the dude is eating blazin' without ranch or celery props...that shit is HOT.

Side salad? Though that's usually mostly eaten before the wings get there.