PDA

View Full Version : Weather How's YOUR Weather??

Bwana
12-13-2008, 07:54 AM
Mine is looking rather rank. A winter blizzard, with sub-zero temps. The below zero temps look like they are here to stay for days. I will be rolling through a lot of wood in the fireplace in the next week. :doh!:

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=45.78189063850085&lon=-108.50509643554687&site=byz&smap=1&marine=0&unit=0&lg=en

JuicesFlowing
12-13-2008, 08:10 AM
Very windy here. Temp is supposed to drop from 48 on Sunday to 21 on Monday.

Skip Towne
12-13-2008, 08:12 AM
I'm going to do a job today so I can lay on the couch all next week when it is 20 degrees.

PhillyChiefFan
12-13-2008, 08:18 AM
It was 50+ the other day, now its down in the 20's.

Weirdest weather I have seen in a long time.

ElGringo
12-13-2008, 08:24 AM
Just wanna say it is great here, sunny, no wind, guessing it will be around 80 for the next week (maybe higher). I guess I feel sorry for all those living through cold, blizzard conditions, but I don't miss it one little bit.

BigMeatballDave
12-13-2008, 08:30 AM
Currently sunny, and 16.

Bwana
12-13-2008, 08:34 AM
Just wanna say it is great here, sunny, no wind, guessing it will be around 80 for the next week (maybe higher). I guess I feel sorry for all those living through cold, blizzard conditions, but I don't miss it one little bit.

I must be a twisted SOB, but I kind of like it. I like the four seasons and this is just part of the four seasons. Granted, I couldn't live with sub-zero temps year around, but a few shots of this every winter isn't to bad.

Monster stack of wood for the fireplace...check.

Four wheel drive with snow/ice eating tires and chains for all four tires if needed...check.

Nice hot pot of soup ready by tonight...check.

Tasty adult beverages...check.

Yep, bring it on.

RJ
12-13-2008, 08:46 AM
Yeah Bwana, sounds like it will be a good day for lobster bisque. I know what you mean about enjoying the extreme weather. As long as I have my family, good food and good drink, I'm fine with it for a few days.

Here in NM we'll be in the 50's today. We don't usually get below freezing for another month or so.

PhillyChiefFan
12-13-2008, 08:47 AM
I must be a twisted SOB, but I kind of like it. I like the four seasons and this is just part of the four seasons. Granted, I couldn't live with sub-zero temps year around, but a few shots of this every winter isn't to bad.

Four wheel drive with snow/ice eating tires and chains for all four tires if needed...check.

Yep, bring it on.

Country folk can survive. :D

I would love to live in Montana, people around here think I'm crazy for it.

PhillyChiefFan
12-13-2008, 08:50 AM
Course I was born and raised in the mountains and now live in Philly...maybe that has something to do with it??

Bwana
12-13-2008, 08:56 AM
Country folk can survive. :D

I would love to live in Montana, people around here think I'm crazy for it.

Winters have mellowed over the last 20 years and at most, we can expect no more than 3 weeks of sub-zero weather in any given year. In the summer it cracks 100 for about 10 days, but the rest of the time, it's not bad at all. I would much rather deal with the cold than 100+. You can always toss on an extra article of clothing, but when its' that hot in the summer, you're hosed.

Bugeater
12-13-2008, 08:58 AM
Today is supposed to be nice. We're pretty much fucked after that.

http://gray.ftp.clickability.com/wowtwebftp/extend.jpg

Buehler445
12-13-2008, 09:02 AM

Yep, bring it on.

It is supposed to get to 50 or so by noon, and then the same shit that is plauging you will come down south here and eat my soul. Do me a favor would you and SHUT THE NORTH DOOR!

As far as liking it, I can handle cold, but mother fucker, I HATE WIND. And I don't like it much here, because my house leaks like a sieve, so when it gets cold it gets very expensive (all I have is 2 propane stoves...wildly efficient). So I can deal with it, and I'm with you, I'll take 0 over 100 (as long as the wind isn't blowing. If the wind is blowing, deal's off), but I don't particularly "enjoy" it.

Bwana
12-13-2008, 09:15 AM
SHUT THE NORTH DOOR!

Hey bud, I tried, but it bit my leg and ran off. The last glimpse I caught of it, it was headed your direction. :eek: I'm with you on the wind, but don't plan on spending a great deal of time outside with the -30/-40 wind chill. 20 years ago, I would have been out goose hunting in that kind of weather, but I have become rather fond of my fingers and toes at this point in time. Hang in there and stay warm.

PhillyChiefFan
12-13-2008, 09:16 AM
Today is supposed to be nice. We're pretty much ****ed after that.

wow. That sucks.

I wonder when the cold front is coming through? :)

Buehler445
12-13-2008, 09:19 AM
Hey bud, I tried, but it bit my leg and ran off. The last glimpse I caught of it, it was headed your direction. :eek: I'm with you on the wind, but don't plan on spending a great deal of time outside with the -30/-40 wind chill. 20 years ago, I would have been out goose hunting in that kind of weather, but I have become rather fond of my fingers and toes at this point in time. Hang in there and stay warm.

I'll do my best. That's the shitty part of this deal is the wind is supposed to blow 40 :cuss:

PhillyChiefFan
12-13-2008, 09:21 AM
Winters have mellowed over the last 20 years and at most, we can expect no more than 3 weeks of sub-zero weather in any given year. In the summer it cracks 100 for about 10 days, but the rest of the time, it's not bad at all. I would much rather deal with the cold than 100+. You can always toss on an extra article of clothing, but when its' that hot in the summer, you're hosed.

Random question.

Is there still no speed limit out there? My cousin use to live in Great Falls and my sister went out and told me that there was no speed limit at certain times.

That change or is it still the same?

TinyEvel
12-13-2008, 09:21 AM
It' been in the 60's/70's during the day, but now we're on SEVERE ALERT.

It is supposed to rain for three days, and a cold front coming down from Alaska will bring CHILLY weather possibly down in the low 50's. BRRRRRR!

:D

DeezNutz
12-13-2008, 09:42 AM
Winter weasel warmer: check.

Buck
12-13-2008, 10:02 AM
Its about 58 with a 30% Chance of Light Rain

EVERYBODY PANIC!

Bwana
12-13-2008, 10:04 AM
Random question.

Is there still no speed limit out there? My cousin use to live in Great Falls and my sister went out and told me that there was no speed limit at certain times.

That change or is it still the same?

Up until the early 80's there was a speed limit, but they would only give you a $5 ticket and it wouldn't go on your record. After the energy crunch, the feds told Montana they were going to take away their highway funds unless things changed, so they hung a speed limit out there to make big brother happy. In the 90's that was changed to "basic rule." Bacic rule consisted of no speed limit, but a highway patrolman could write you out a ticket if he thought you were going to fast, very subjective at best. Once again the feds decided that this was a "bad thing" and threatened to pull the highway funds, so back comes the speed limit.

As a rule, the speed limit is 75 on all interstates and 70 on two lanes. They will spot you 10 over though without a real ticket. For example, if you are doing 85 on the interstate and get pulled over, they will give you a $20 ticket, but it doesn't go on your recored. If you are doing 86, (11 over) the ticket goes up and it will go on your record. I do 79 on the two lanes and 84 on the interstate if the road conditions are good and there isn't a lot of other traffic around me. 99% of the time, they won't even look at you, much less pull you over unless you are doing 11+ over the limit.

It' not worth their time for a $20 ticket that doesn't go on your record. I have a radar detector and don't even slow down when I pick up a highway patrolman if I'm going 10 over or less. I keep a $20 spot above the visor in the event I am pulled over, but it has been there for years.

luv
12-13-2008, 10:26 AM
It's supposed to be up in the lower 50's today, but it's really windy. I believe it's supposed to get up to about 60 tomorrow before the temps start dropping and the rain comes in. Winter is supposed to hit on Monday.

dj56dt58
12-13-2008, 10:26 AM
Up until the early 80's there was a speed limit, but they would only give you a $5 ticket and it wouldn't go on your record. After the energy crunch, the feds told Montana they were going to take away their highway funds unless things changed, so they hung a speed limit out there to make big brother happy. In the 90's that was changed to "basic rule." Bacic rule consisted of no speed limit, but a highway patrolman could write you out a ticket if he thought you were going to fast, very subjective at best. Once again the feds decided that this was a "bad thing" and threatened to pull the highway funds, so back comes the speed limit.

As a rule, the speed limit is 75 on all interstates and 70 on two lanes. They will spot you 10 over though without a real ticket. For example, if you are doing 85 on the interstate and get pulled over, they will give you a $20 ticket, but it doesn't go on your recored. If you are doing 86, (11 over) the ticket goes up and it will go on your record. I do 79 on the two lanes and 84 on the interstate if the road conditions are good and there isn't a lot of other traffic around me. 99% of the time, they won't even look at you, much less pull you over unless you are doing 11+ over the limit.

It' not worth their time for a $20 ticket that doesn't go on your record. I have a radar detector and don't even slow down when I pick up a highway patrolman if I'm going 10 over or less. I keep a $20 spot above the visor in the event I am pulled over, but it has been there for years.

so if you get a ticket you can just give them the money right there?

dj56dt58
12-13-2008, 10:27 AM
50s and stormy today, 60s and stormy tomorrow...well the forcast says sunny today but..thats funny because its fucking stormy outside

Gracie Dean
12-13-2008, 10:34 AM
Hey, be sure to make sure your fireplace is clean and watch it ..

some of our close friends lost their home this week to a fireplace fire. They lost everything. Thank God none of them were at home

MIAdragon
12-13-2008, 10:39 AM
a nice clear calm 70. This is why I live in this hell hole.

Dartgod
12-13-2008, 10:40 AM
Hey, be sure to make sure your fireplace is clean and watch it ..

some of our close friends lost their home this week to a fireplace fire. They lost everything. Thank God none of them were at home
They had a fire going and no one was home?

StcChief
12-13-2008, 10:42 AM
Fifty, windy, but dropping tom. ...

but I'm sure it's Sunny and nice in Olathe :)

Bwana
12-13-2008, 10:44 AM

Yes you can, for the $20 variety.

tmax63
12-13-2008, 10:47 AM
It's about 50 here right now but the feces is supposed to hit the rotary oscillating ventilator this evening with snow and wind and a high of 16 tomorrow. Probably clear up just in time to go to work on Monday morning.

DeezNutz
12-13-2008, 10:48 AM
Yes you can, for the $20 variety.

Wonder how many use this to add to the Christman fund (without turning in the paperwork, of course)? Sounds like a fairly efficient ATM.

DaFace
12-13-2008, 10:48 AM
Damn...I don't mind the snow, but I'm not a big fan of -17 temps. Yikes.

Bwana
12-13-2008, 10:52 AM
Wonder how many use this to add to the Christman fund (without turning in the paperwork, of course)? Sounds like a fairly efficient ATM.

I got a $20 ticket a few years ago, handed the guy the money and told him to "go enjoy your lunch."

DeezNutz
12-13-2008, 10:54 AM
I got a $20 ticket a few years ago, handed the guy the money and told him to "go enjoy your lunch."

ROFL

Sounds like we have a similar disposition.

Bwana
12-13-2008, 10:56 AM
ROFL

Sounds like we have a similar disposition.

:evil:

Hey, at least it made him laugh.

Gracie Dean
12-13-2008, 11:25 AM
They had a fire going and no one was home?

not sure of the whole situation yet...

She is a school teacher, he is a Ranger

Kids were also at school

it started about 3 pm and no one was home

the general thought is that it is related to the fire place

whole story isn't out yet

Bugeater
12-13-2008, 11:34 AM
Yeah, it's called a bribe.

Johnny Vegas
12-13-2008, 01:22 PM

I was pulled over around Big Timber going 85 in a 75 originally I was going 100 because I wanted to beat the pass while the sun was still up. The cop asked me if I could pay the $20 right there and I only had $6. I later pull into a gas station throw in my $6 in a keno machine and won $800. I wanted to go and chase that cop down after that and pay her. lol! I have no 'strikes' on my record according to her. I asked her why she pulled me over for a $20 ticket and she said with all the patrols it helps pay for gas!!??:eek:

Bwana
12-13-2008, 02:08 PM
I asked her why she pulled me over for a $20 ticket and she said with all the patrols it helps pay for gas!!??:eek:

No kidding? ROFL

So how about this storm from hell? I was just out on 32nd and people forgot how to drive. I locked it in four wheel drive and had a little fun.

Bearcat
12-13-2008, 02:15 PM
It 'feels like' 21 here, and it's cloudy as usual (it's cloudy ALL the time... it sometimes clears up around 4pm, just before it sets).

It's supposed to get up to 40 here on Monday, when I drive to Omaha..... it's 60 in Omaha right now, and the high on Monday is 11. :banghead:

DaKCMan AP
12-13-2008, 02:17 PM
Much better now!! Was in NY all week on business where it was 30-40 degrees and rainy all week. Back in Tampa this morning and it's in the 60's, clear and sunny :)

StcChief
12-13-2008, 02:19 PM
I was pulled over around Big Timber going 85 in a 75 originally I was going 100 because I wanted to beat the pass while the sun was still up. The cop asked me if I could pay the $20 right there and I only had $6. I later pull into a gas station throw in my $6 in a keno machine and won $800. I wanted to go and chase that cop down after that and pay her. lol! I have no 'strikes' on my record according to her. I asked her why she pulled me over for a $20 ticket and she said with all the patrols it helps pay for gas!!??:eek: Good deal Keno.....

I guess extortion in the wild west are alive and well :)

1ChiefsDan
12-13-2008, 02:26 PM
55 right now - but not for much longer

http://www.9news.com/genthumb/genthumbwx.ashx?w=350&h=197&e=5&i=/weather/graphics/Planning_Forecast_popup.jpg

Can't wait - love the snow and cold.

12-13-2008, 02:42 PM
Just heavy wind here.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-13-2008, 03:45 PM
Current conditions as of 2:30 pm MST Fair/Windy

<dl><dt>Feels Like:</dt><dd>46°</dd><dt>Barometer:</dt><dd>29.59 in and steady</dd><dt>Humidity:</dt><dd>40%</dd><dt>Visibility:</dt><dd>10 mi</dd><dt>Dewpoint:</dt><dd>23°</dd><dt>Wind:</dt><dd>SSW 39 mph</dd><dt>Sunrise:</dt><dd>7:17 am</dd><dt>Sunset:</dt><dd>5:11 pm</dd></dl> 46°

High: 51° Low: 33°

I sure do miss those long stretches of KC snow, ice, and highs in the 20's or below for weeks.

NOT.

Frazod
12-13-2008, 03:55 PM
It's warmed up here, but now it's pouring rain. Ick.

Johnny Vegas
12-13-2008, 03:58 PM
No kidding? ROFL

So how about this storm from hell? I was just out on 32nd and people forgot how to drive. I locked it in four wheel drive and had a little fun.

ah! breaking in the 4x4! I'm not exactly ready for the negative degree weather. I like the snow because I love to snowmobile, but you can't do anything in -14 degree weather. I hope my car will start in the morning. I don't have a plug to keep my oil tank warm so this will be a guessing game. My sister goes to college at U of Arizona so she sittin' pretty under 80 degree weather. My parents are in Vegas enjoying that desert air and I'm stuck in donkey country in weather that would make a polar bear chilly. lol

Bwana
12-13-2008, 04:24 PM
ah! breaking in the 4x4! I'm not exactly ready for the negative degree weather. I like the snow because I love to snowmobile, but you can't do anything in -14 degree weather. I hope my car will start in the morning. I don't have a plug to keep my oil tank warm so this will be a guessing game. My sister goes to college at U of Arizona so she sittin' pretty under 80 degree weather. My parents are in Vegas enjoying that desert air and I'm stuck in donkey country in weather that would make a polar bear chilly. lol

Aww, it's not to bad, in fact, I have to head out in it again in a few minutes to get a few things. I will do it one last time tonight when I hit the company Christmas party. I am wearing my ostrich shit kickers, so that would be a rodeo. :doh!:Cooke City should be getting some decent snow.

Buehler445
12-13-2008, 11:39 PM
GAK!!! The shit has started.

chief52
12-13-2008, 11:56 PM
High of 43 with a low of 34. Rain with sleet and chance of snow.

Not normal for Northern California...but it happens.

I would guess I will be out putting up power lines before the night is over.

beach tribe
12-13-2008, 11:56 PM
It is absolutely wonderful outside right now.

67deg 17 MPH breeze.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-13-2008, 11:59 PM
It is absolutely wonderful outside right now.

67deg 17 MPH breeze.

Yeah, but the summers dude...

Humidity you can cut with a knife? No thanks.

blazzin311
12-14-2008, 12:00 AM
Local Text Forecast for
Bismarck, ND (58504)

Weather for your life

Dec 13 Tonight
Snow and gusty winds will lead to blizzard conditions at times. Low -11F. Winds N at 25 to 35 mph. Chance of snow 80%. Snow accumulating 1 to 3 inches. Winds could occasionally gust over 40 mph.
Dec 14 Tomorrow
Blustery with snow showers. High -7F. Winds NNW at 25 to 35 mph. Chance of snow 90%. 1 to 2 inches of snow expected. Winds could occasionally gust over 40 mph.
Dec 14 Tomorrow night
Bitterly cold. Mostly cloudy and windy. Snow flurries and a few snow showers. Dangerous wind chills as low as -40F. Low around -20F. Winds NW at 20 to 30 mph. Chance of snow 40%.
Dec 15 Monday
Considerable cloudiness. Highs -9 to -13F and lows -17 to -21F.
Dec 16 Tuesday
More clouds than sun. Highs 1 to -3F and lows -10 to -14F.
Dec 17 Wednesday
Partly cloudy. Highs in the low single digits and lows -1 to -5F.
Dec 18 Thursday
Times of sun and clouds. Highs in the upper single digits and lows 0 to -4F.
Dec 19 Friday
Mostly cloudy. Highs in the upper single digits and lows -6 to -10F.
Dec 20 Saturday
Mix of sun and clouds. Highs in the upper single digits and lows 0 to -4F.
Dec 21 Sunday
Sunny. Highs in the mid teens and lows in the low single digits.
Dec 22 Monday
Considerable cloudiness. Highs in the mid teens and lows in the low single digits.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-14-2008, 12:05 AM
Local Text Forecast for
Bismarck, ND (58504)

Weather for your life

Dec 13 Tonight
Snow and gusty winds will lead to blizzard conditions at times. Low -11F. Winds N at 25 to 35 mph. Chance of snow 80%. Snow accumulating 1 to 3 inches. Winds could occasionally gust over 40 mph.
Dec 14 Tomorrow
Blustery with snow showers. High -7F. Winds NNW at 25 to 35 mph. Chance of snow 90%. 1 to 2 inches of snow expected. Winds could occasionally gust over 40 mph.
Dec 14 Tomorrow night
Bitterly cold. Mostly cloudy and windy. Snow flurries and a few snow showers. Dangerous wind chills as low as -40F. Low around -20F. Winds NW at 20 to 30 mph. Chance of snow 40%.
Dec 15 Monday
Dec 16 Tuesday
Dec 17 Wednesday
Dec 18 Thursday
Dec 19 Friday
Dec 20 Saturday
Dec 21 Sunday
Dec 22 Monday
Considerable cloudiness. Highs in the mid teens and lows in the low single digits.

Nyet.

beach tribe
12-14-2008, 12:11 AM
Yeah, but the summers dude...

Humidity you can cut with a knife? No thanks.
I have a swimming pool, live 10 min form the beach and chicks literally wear nothing. And I'll take humidity, tan women, and the beach over chapped lips, layered clothing, salted roads, and pasty women anyday.

And don't forget the snow shovels.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-14-2008, 12:17 AM
I have a swimming pool, live 10 min form the beach and chicks literally wear nothing. And I'll take humidity, tan women, and the beach over chapped lips, layered clothing, salted roads, and pasty women anyday.

I hear that! Good thing I too don't have to deal with that; along with anything higher than 82, and god-awful humidity...Yayy!!!:D

Frazod
12-14-2008, 12:20 AM
Local Text Forecast for
Bismarck, ND (58504)

Weather for your life

Dec 13 Tonight
Dec 14 Tomorrow
Dec 14 Tomorrow night
Dec 15 Monday
Dec 16 Tuesday
Dec 17 Wednesday
Dec 18 Thursday
Dec 19 Friday
Dec 20 Saturday
Dec 21 Sunday
Dec 22 Monday

Thanks for reminding us all that there are worse places than, well, pretty much everywhere else. :D

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-14-2008, 12:26 AM
Thanks for reminding us all that there are worse places than, well, pretty much everywhere else. :D

ROFL

I genuinely feel sorry for everything north of Mo. and Ks. They get the super sub-zero ass-freeze in the winter, and just as hot as KC in the summer.

No thanks.

beach tribe
12-14-2008, 12:29 AM
[/B]I hear that! Good thing I too don't have to deal with that; along with anything higher than 82, and god-awful humidity...Yayy!!!:D

It gets hot that's for sure. Good thing I have this out back.

beach tribe
12-14-2008, 12:29 AM
And this down the street.

Pablo
12-14-2008, 12:30 AM
It's just windy as f*ck outside here.

I don't know what's it's like outside. Probably cold or something, but I didn't get out of bed until 1, and I spent the rest of the day playing Call of Duty.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-14-2008, 12:39 AM
And this down the street.

I do like the pool. The man-beach? Not so much.:shake:

Did I mention that if it does get a bit chilly, I can drive south and be in shorts weather in about an hour and a half?

Options. It's all about the options...:D

beach tribe
12-14-2008, 12:45 AM
I do like the pool. The man-beach? Not so much.:shake:

Did I mention that if it does get a bit chilly, I can drive south and be in shorts weather in about an hour and a half?

Options. It's all about the options...:D

Heh, there may not be any women in that pic, but if you think that's a man beach, you'd probably Jizz in your pants if you saw the women who hang there.

So if you drive an hour, and a half south, where exactly would you be?
Anything below 50 deg is not an option for me.

It's like being on vacation all year around.

yeti
12-14-2008, 12:51 AM
and the snow has begun in denver but it was in the high 50's earlier today

jjchieffan
12-14-2008, 01:00 AM
53 right now with a high of 64 tomorrow at my house. Unfortunately, I am working in Detroit until Christmas. It is about 30 degrees and snowing here.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-14-2008, 01:00 AM
Heh, there may not be any women in that pic, but if you think that's a man beach, you'd probably Jizz in your pants if you saw the women who hang there.

So if you drive an hour, and a half south, where exactly would you be?
Anything below 50 deg is not an option for me.

It's like being on vacation all year around.

Phoenix/Gendale/Mesa.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-14-2008, 01:01 AM
Phoenix/Gendale/Mesa.

Addendum:

NO hurricane worries!

beach tribe
12-14-2008, 01:02 AM
Phoenix/Gendale/Mesa.

I've been wanting to visit Phoenix, and check it out. I've been having dreams about the place, and have never been there. Kind of weird huh?

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-14-2008, 01:10 AM
I've been wanting to visit Phoenix, and check it out. I've been having dreams about the place, and have never been there. Kind of weird huh?

Go in the winter, and stay in Mesa; Old Phoenix is a fuckin' dump and smells like ass.
But, if you like Mexican food, go in to Phoenix during the day; best in the Country.

beach tribe
12-14-2008, 01:13 AM
Addendum:

NO hurricane worries!

Yeah, these people who have houses close to the beach have it rough down here. I live about 10 15 min west of the beach if you take the interstate, and I've never experienced any damage.(Lucky) They're actually kind of fun for us. We have hurricane parties where we all go to whoever's house is the biggest, and the safest, and play poker or what not. It's kind of like an adventure,

A cat 5 could definitely put an end to the fun though. We had a badass storm when I lived in Pensacola. I looked like a nuclear bomb went off. I was making about $1000 a week using my chainsaw after work. Made a pretty good penny putting my sister to work selling bottled water in traffic jams too.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-14-2008, 01:20 AM
Yeah, these people who have houses close to the beach have it rough down here. I live about 10 15 min west of the beach if you take the interstate, and I've never experienced any damage.(Lucky) They're actually kind of fun for us. We have hurricane parties where we all go to whoever's house is the biggest, and the safest, and play poker or what not. It's kind of like an adventure,

A cat 5 could definitely put an end to the fun though. We had a badass storm when I lived in Pensacola. I looked like a nuclear bomb went off. I was making about $1000 a week using my chainsaw after work. Made a pretty good penny putting my sister to work selling bottled water in traffic jams too.

Ever the entrepreneur; DCS respects! Rep!

Bearcat
12-14-2008, 01:21 AM
Unfortunately, I am working in Detroit until Christmas. It is about 30 degrees and snowing here.

Sucks, doesn't it? I don't mind the cold as much as the lack of sun. It's just as cold here as KC or Omaha, but I really miss the sun. Glad I'm going home in a couple of days.

dj56dt58
12-14-2008, 01:58 AM
55 with 13000 mph wind gusts

RustShack
12-14-2008, 02:02 AM
It's like god damn spring in December.

JOhn
12-14-2008, 02:51 AM
Lots of snow, with more on the way, and windy. Temp at 3am is -9 with -30 windchill.

Worst part is the roads are BAD. they closed all the roads out od Cody for several hours today due to white out conditions. They had a 13 car pile up between Cody & Powell this afternoon due to the blowing snow.

Chiefs=Champions
12-14-2008, 02:59 AM
Rather cold strangely...

kcxiv
12-14-2008, 04:34 AM
31 degree's and for me thats cold. I live in freaking California for god sake. lol

JOhn
12-14-2008, 04:40 AM
31 degree's and for me thats cold. I live in freaking California for god sake. lol

Hmmm

It's down to -17 now, and when the winds blowing it's just plain bitter. But luckly the wind is dieing down for the most part, but have to wait and see what the day brings.

Skip Towne
12-14-2008, 06:15 AM
It's a balmy 67 degrees in Tulsa but it will drastically change soon. It's going down into the 20's for most of next week they say.

Baby Lee
12-14-2008, 07:49 AM
Gusty as heck, but still in the high 40s. 48 at the moment, per my MSN sidebar doohickey.

tmax63
12-14-2008, 07:57 AM
It's a balmy -0.6 degrees here this morning with wind over 20mph and gusts to over 30mph. wind chill at the moment is -42. A nice little switch from the 50 degrees it was yesterday.

boogblaster
12-14-2008, 08:36 AM
60 here in SE Kansas .. wind out of south blowin like hell ... Cold front coming this afternoon droping to 20s ... rain-sleet-snow they say ....

Demonpenz
12-14-2008, 09:55 AM
if you don't like the weather in missouri wait 5 minutes

DaFace
12-14-2008, 10:13 AM
About 3 inches of snow on the ground, and -1 F right now.

alanm
12-14-2008, 10:21 AM
Right now it's -5.4 out with a 26 mph wind out of the NW. Making it -32 with the wind chill. :thumb:

alanm
12-14-2008, 10:22 AM
I'm moving south to Denver where it's downright balmy.

whoman69
12-14-2008, 10:23 AM
Forty eight right now after being 11 on Wednesday. We had an ice storm on Tuesday, but not as bad as what they had in the NE. Supposed to get some more freezing rain this afternoon. Temperatures will drop off to the teens again for most of the week.

RNR
12-14-2008, 10:51 AM
Off the subject there is a new Bwana walking around! There is a young kid where I work that is a really nice guy, but city through and through. He has the hip hop thing going on and is pretty funny. I kid him all the time reminding him he is white. Well he shows up to work with a big half round cut on his forehead so I ask him whats up tupac? He laughs and tells me he shot a gun called a 30 something ROFL for the first time in his life. The scope hit him in the head and knocked him not only down but out! So everytime I walked by him I said whats up Bwana this goes on most of the day. Well at last break he asked me what that means, I said the great white hunter. Everyone busted out laughing and needless to say it appears to be one of those nicknames that stick.

Skip Towne
12-14-2008, 10:57 AM
Off the subject there is a new Bwana walking around! There is a young kid where I work that is a really nice guy, but city through and through. He has the hip hop thing going on and is pretty funny. I kid him all the time reminding him he is white. Well he shows up to work with a big half round cut on his forehead so I ask him whats up tupac? He laughs and tells me he shot a gun called a 30 something ROFL for the first time in his life. The scope hit him in the head and knocked him not only down but out! So everytime I walked by him I said whats up Bwana this goes on most of the day. Well at last break he asked me what that means, I said the great white hunter. Everyone busted out laughing and needless to say it appears to be one of those nicknames that stick.

My buddy handed me his .44 magnum Ruger pistol without telling me what it was. I shot it and the gun went up and back with the hammer catching my thumb and making me bleed. He said "It kills at one end and maims at the other".

RNR
12-14-2008, 10:59 AM
My buddy handed me his .44 magnum Ruger pistol without telling me what it was. I shot it and the gun went up and back with the hammer catching my thumb and making me bleed. He said "It kills at one end and maims at the other".

ROFL

Bugeater
12-14-2008, 11:08 AM
Forty eight right now after being 11 on Wednesday. We had an ice storm on Tuesday, but not as bad as what they had in the NE. Supposed to get some more freezing rain this afternoon. Temperatures will drop off to the teens again for most of the week.

48? In Iowa? It's fucking 12 here right now.

Cntrygal
12-14-2008, 11:47 AM
I'm waiting for it to warm up to above -15 so they (Big Sky) will open the lifts back up. ((sigh))

Johnny Vegas
12-14-2008, 12:05 PM
man its -13 here and my thermostat says 72 on it but it feels like 52. More coffee and hot cocoa!

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-14-2008, 05:08 PM
Arrowhead Stadium Weather =

Dumb to partly Fucked.

KChiefs1
12-14-2008, 05:12 PM
48 & raining.

JOhn
12-14-2008, 06:03 PM
-15 and Very cold windchill:eek:

Dr. Van Halen
12-14-2008, 06:58 PM
We're supposed to have -45 windchill tonight.

Iowanian
12-14-2008, 08:04 PM
I'm not as bad off as you are......but our temp dropped over 40 degrees during the day and is working of fifty.

It didn't affect me much because I've had my ass planted on a computer working on two project deadlines that are due..in the morning.

I suppose the ice on my hangdown as I leave before the morning sun, will have to be satisfaction enough.

Buehler445
12-14-2008, 08:18 PM

Gat damn it.

So this front came through. It was -10 this morning with about 30 MPH wind and my motherfucking worthless ass pipes are frozen coming into the house. So my fat ass (that was absolutely not going to leave the house all day) has to go to walmart get some heaters and extension cords, and get my fat ass down the well hole outside to get them unfrozen. FUCK.

High today was a whopping 1....AWESOME.

The good news is that we didn't get that much snow, I have no idea how much because it all blew around. Maybe it did snow that much here, but it all blew down to you.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-14-2008, 08:24 PM
Mostly Cloudy

<dl><dt>Feels Like:</dt><dd>28°</dd><dt>Barometer:</dt><dd>29.93 in and rising</dd><dt>Humidity:</dt><dd>69%</dd><dt>Visibility:</dt><dd>10 mi</dd><dt>Dewpoint:</dt><dd>21°</dd><dt>Wind:</dt><dd>SSW 9 mph</dd><dt>Sunrise:</dt><dd>7:17 am</dd><dt>Sunset:</dt><dd>5:11 pm</dd></dl>

luv
12-14-2008, 08:30 PM
Tailgating - 50's
Game - 20's

StcChief
12-14-2008, 08:50 PM
just peachy... am I in olathe. ???

KChiefs1
12-14-2008, 09:32 PM
24 & sleeting.

Delano
12-14-2008, 09:34 PM
-37 wind chill. Brutal.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-14-2008, 09:36 PM
-37 wind chill. Brutal.

Niiiiice....:)

Reerun_KC
12-14-2008, 09:38 PM
<TABLE id=ctl00_ctl00_Body_MainContent_currentConditions_CurrentObservationList style="WIDTH: 100%; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" cellSpacing=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=2><TABLE style="MARGIN: 5px 0px"><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px; WIDTH: 150px" colSpan=2><TABLE><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 10px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; WIDTH: 40px">http://images.intellicast.com/App_Images/40_white/wx_103.png</TD><TD style="WHITE-SPACE: nowrap">Overcast
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px; WIDTH: 130px; TEXT-ALIGN: center" colSpan=2>21°F (http://www.intellicast.com/National/Temperature/Current.aspx?location=USOK0171)
Feels Like: 11°F (http://www.intellicast.com/National/Temperature/Extreme.aspx?location=USOK0171) </TD></TR><TR><TD>Wind Chill: (http://www.intellicast.com/National/Temperature/WindChill.aspx?location=USOK0171)</TD><TD>8°</TD><TD>Ceiling: (http://www.intellicast.com/National/Satellite/Regional.aspx?location=USOK0171)</TD><TD>11000ft</TD></TR><TR><TD>Heat Index: (http://www.intellicast.com/National/Temperature/Extreme.aspx?location=USOK0171)</TD><TD>21°</TD><TD>Visibility: (http://www.intellicast.com/National/Satellite/Visible.aspx?location=USOK0171)</TD><TD>10mi</TD></TR><TR><TD>Dew Point: (http://www.intellicast.com/National/Humidity/DewPoint.aspx)</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 70px">6°</TD><TD>Wind: (http://www.intellicast.com/National/Wind/Current.aspx?location=USOK0171)</TD><TD>15mph</TD></TR><TR><TD>Humidity: (http://www.intellicast.com/National/Humidity/Current.aspx)</TD><TD>53%</TD><TD>Direction: (http://www.intellicast.com/National/Wind/Current.aspx?location=USOK0171)</TD><TD>350° (N)</TD></TR><TR><TD>Pressure: (http://www.intellicast.com/National/Surface/Current.aspx?location=USOK0171)</TD><TD>30.18in</TD><TD>Gusts: (http://www.intellicast.com/National/Wind/Current.aspx?location=USOK0171)</TD><TD>24mph</TD></TR><TR><TD class=Fine style="PADDING-TOP: 5px" colSpan=4>Raw Report Data (http://www.intellicast.com/Local/Weather.aspx?location=USOK0171#): KGOK 150253Z AUTO 35013G21KT 10SM OVC110 M06/M14 A3018 RMK AO2 PKWND 01028/0225 SLP227 T10611144 51063</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Spicy McHaggis
12-14-2008, 09:42 PM
It was about 55 today and it rained and rained. It's going to be 7 tomorrow. Guess what all that fucking rain is going to do.

boogblaster
12-14-2008, 10:45 PM
Snowing here in SE Kansas .. started about one hour ago ..

JOhn
12-14-2008, 10:47 PM
Hazardous Weather Outlook

Tonight: Periods of light snow, mainly after 1am. Low around -25. Wind chill values as low as -40. Northwest wind between 3 and 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

Monday: A 50 percent chance of light snow. Mostly cloudy and cold, with a high near -7. Wind chill values as low as -35. East northeast wind around 6 mph.

Monday Night: A 40 percent chance of light snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -15. Wind chill values as low as -30. East northeast wind between 3 and 5 mph.
:eek:

12-14-2008, 10:59 PM
It's DAMN FREEZING here.

kc rush
12-14-2008, 11:01 PM
I'm in Nebraska and its fargin cold here. Tomorrow's high is 8 and it is supposed to drop all day after 8AM.

My wife and kids are in Olathe, so it is supposed to be sunny and 72. I'm so jealous.

Coach
12-14-2008, 11:01 PM
It was about 55 today and it rained and rained. It's going to be 7 tomorrow. Guess what all that fucking rain is going to do.

Freeze up.

12-14-2008, 11:03 PM
Freeze up.Cap'n Obvious strikes again.:doh!:

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-14-2008, 11:05 PM
He wasn't striking, he was rubbing; rubbing it in.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-14-2008, 11:07 PM
<table><tbody><tr><th>Tonight</th><th>Tomorrow</th><th>Tue</th><th>Wed</th><th>Thu</th> <th class="nobg">6-10 Day</th> </tr> <tr class="fiveday-icons"> <td>Few Snow Showers
</td><td>Snow Showers/Wind
</td><td>Snow Showers/Wind
</td><td>Rain
</td><td>Rain/Snow Showers
</td> <td rowspan="2" class="extended"> Extended Forecast (http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=14sbmu4iq/M=385205.12095240.12519116.1666089/D=wt/S=20078731:WTHE/Y=YAHOO/EXP=1229324783/L=YC7JjUWTUG.5DdV1SN2b3wnsRVyHAElF5c8AC2Fn/B=taZCU9j8elY-/J=1229317583819371/A=3802593/R=0/SIG=15egejb7i/*http://yahoo.weather.com/weather/extended/USAZ0172?par=yahoo&site=www.yahoo.com&promo=extendedforecast&cm_ven=Yahoo&cm_cat=www.yahoo.com&cm_pla=forecastpage&cm_ite=CityPage)<script language="javascript"> if(window.yzq_d==null)window.yzq_d=new Object(); window.yzq_d['taZCU9j8elY-']='&U=13fghaptc%2fN%3dtaZCU9j8elY-%2fC%3d385205.12095240.12519116.1666089%2fD%3dWTHE%2fB%3d3802593%2fV%3d1'; </script><noscript>http://us.bc.yahoo.com/b?P=YC7JjUWTUG.5DdV1SN2b3wnsRVyHAElF5c8AC2Fn&T=18i4a91dh%2fX%3d1229317583%2fE%3d20078731%2fR%3dwt%2fK%3d5%2fV%3d2.1%2fW%3dH%2fY%3dYAHOO%2fF%3d335 3274350%2fG%3dCnVzCgo-%2fH%3dbG9jaWQ9VVNBWjAxNzIgc2l0ZWlkPXd3dy53ZWF0aGVyLmNvbSBwYWdldmFsdWU9Zm9yZWNhc3QgY29udGVudD0icGFyd Gx5IGNsb3VkeSAobmlnaHQpO3RlbXBfMjFfMjk7Ig--%2fQ%3d-1%2fS%3d1%2fJ%3d462683D1&U=13fghaptc%2fN%3dtaZCU9j8elY-%2fC%3d385205.12095240.12519116.1666089%2fD%3dWTHE%2fB%3d3802593%2fV%3d1</noscript> </td> </tr> <tr class="fiveday-temps"> <td>High: 36° Low: 27°
</td> <td>High: 40° Low: 30°
</td> <td>High: 40° Low: 29°
</td> <td>High: 45° Low: 21°
</td> <td>High: 39° Low: 15
</td></tr></tbody></table>

Bearcat
12-14-2008, 11:24 PM
It was about 55 today and it rained and rained. It's going to be 7 tomorrow. Guess what all that ****ing rain is going to do.

Disney should be all over that.

I'm in Nebraska and its fargin cold here. Tomorrow's high is 8 and it is supposed to drop all day after 8AM.

That's where I'm headed... from balmy 40-degree Detroit to a -20 windchill.

kc rush
12-14-2008, 11:27 PM
That's where I'm headed... from balmy 40-degree Detroit to a -20 windchill.

Enjoy. I just hope my car starts in the morning.

JOhn
12-14-2008, 11:56 PM
Enjoy. I just hope my car starts in the morning.

I'll be starting mine every couple of hours tonight here at work:grr:

Mr. Flopnuts
12-14-2008, 11:59 PM
We got our first snow yesterday. It's pretty much going to melt and freeze, then melt and refreeze for the next week. Driving amongst all the Seattle fucktards is going to kick ass this week.

DaneMcCloud
12-15-2008, 01:53 AM
My condolences...

My folks have to go back to KC on Friday.

They're already dreading it.

Keep Warm!

12-15-2008, 01:57 AM
My condolences...

My folks have to go back to KC on Friday.

They're already dreading it.

Keep Warm!

It's 6 degrees with a wind chill of -10

Bugeater
12-15-2008, 02:19 AM
Today is supposed to be nice. We're pretty much ****ed after that.

Crap, I see they added a snowblower graphic to Tuesday. That can't be good.

JOhn
12-15-2008, 02:23 AM
Just went out to start me car, and it's F*CKING COLD!!!!!:eek:

The bank across the street says -21, but there is a little breeze so the windchill is just freaking insane.

I love winter, gut this is just plain nasty.:grr:

BWillie
12-15-2008, 02:24 AM
It's 5 f*cking degrees. I know that may mean nothing to you in Wyoming, but it's 5 f*cking degrees. I think it's time to move to Dallas.

Bugeater
12-15-2008, 02:25 AM
I should probably just go start my van right now so it'll be warm in the morning.

JOhn
12-15-2008, 02:26 AM
It's 5 f*cking degrees. I know that may mean nothing to you in Wyoming, but it's 5 f*cking degrees. I think it's time to move to Dallas.

ROFLROFL

I know it's cold to you, but I would love 5 right about now. Actually the temp I could live with if the damn wind would stop, that shit cuts right tru a person

JOhn
12-15-2008, 02:27 AM
I should probably just go start my van right now so it'll be warm in the morning.

I'm really regreting not getting a block heater installed yet.

BWillie
12-15-2008, 02:28 AM
ROFLROFL

I know it's cold to you, but I would love 5 right about now. Actually the temp I could live with if the damn wind would stop, that shit cuts right tru a person

I bet it snows ass high up to an Indian up there

Bugeater
12-15-2008, 02:31 AM
I'm really regreting not getting a block heater installed yet.

What sucks for me is I have a heated garage, but I have another van that's broken down on one side of it, and the Mrs seems to think the other side is for her.

Friggin' women. :shake:

JOhn
12-15-2008, 02:31 AM
I bet it snows ass high up to an Indian up there

Here in Cody it's never to bad. Get 2-3 good snows a year, in the 8-12 inch range. But it snows often, just not a lot. Mainly because of the mountians and such we avoid a lot of the snow. Now south and east of here ussually gets a lot more.

Cody sits in a basin between the Rocky Mts, and the Bighorns, so we're pretty lucky here.

JOhn
12-15-2008, 02:33 AM
What sucks for me is I have a heated garage, but I have another van that's broken down on one side of it, and the Mrs seems to think the other side is for her.

Friggin' women. :shake:

Yea I once told my ex that I needed my car inside were it's warm. My theory being woman have more body fat, thus more insulation than men, so she should be able to stand the cold better.ROFL

Did I mention that she's my EX, not sure if there is a connection? :shrug:

jjchieffan
12-15-2008, 03:38 AM
53 right now with a high of 64 tomorrow at my house. Unfortunately, I am working in Detroit until Christmas. It is about 30 degrees and snowing here.

What a difference a day makes. My wife tells me it is supposed to be 13 degrees tonight at home, and they have a big ice storm going on. Meanwhile, it is 50 degrees in the middle of the night here in Detroit.

12-15-2008, 03:45 AM
I should probably just go start my van right now so it'll be warm in the morning.Too late

luv
12-15-2008, 09:43 AM
Not sure if we're going to get above freezing today. As long as the roads aren't bad, it's about 70 degrees in the office and in my apartment.

DaFace
12-15-2008, 10:12 AM
All you KS/MO folks are pansies. It was -18 here when I went to work this morning, and is currently -10. :p

JOhn
12-15-2008, 10:26 AM
All you KS/MO folks are pansies. It was -18 here when I went to work this morning, and is currently -10. :p

You must be close, -14 currently. The high today -8 :shake: