PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Pistol offense next season...

Chiefs Pantalones
12-14-2008, 12:44 PM
I think we should run this offense next season with Thigpen as QB. What's the worst that could happen? Herm being fired? That's a good thing. Plus, it's worth a shot to try the offense for a whole season with this offseason getting more of the pieces together. We need a more explosive RB than LJ. He doesn't fit this offense. He's great, but I just think this offense is best suited for a RB like Charles. Upgrade the Oline obviously, maybe another WR and so on.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-14-2008, 12:46 PM
http://users.frii.com/meldroc/not_this_shit_again.jpg

Silock
12-14-2008, 12:48 PM
Works for me.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-14-2008, 12:52 PM
It's a win-win situation. It works, we possibly go to the playoffs. Of course the defense needs to be improved. It doesn't work, Herm gets fired. I'd prefer option #2 though.

KChiefs1
12-14-2008, 12:54 PM
offense is fine...work on the defense.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-14-2008, 01:07 PM
offense is fine...work on the defense.

LJ is good, I just think he retards this type of offense.

jAZ
12-14-2008, 01:14 PM
Heh...

I looked at Wiki to see what this was, and it said the following:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pistol_Offense

The following teams have used some aspect of the Pistol offense: LSU, Hawaii, Syracuse, Oregon, Ohio State, Virginia Tech, New England Patriots, Kansas City Chiefs, and University of Missouri.

the Talking Can
12-14-2008, 01:23 PM
i don't think there is any debate, we'll be running it next year and thigpen will start out as qb

the only question is: what to do with lj and how to acquire another QB....

The Bad Guy
12-14-2008, 01:25 PM
i don't think there is any debate, we'll be running it next year and thigpen will start out as qb

the only question is: what to do with lj and how to acquire another QB....

I think you keep LJ.

I think you draft a QB, which obviously won't be in the first round, and sign a veteran 3rd string guy as a complete safety net.

We should run it next year. I don't care the manner in which we move the ball as long as it's effective.

BigMeatballDave
12-14-2008, 01:26 PM
http://users.frii.com/meldroc/not_this_shit_again.jpgI don't like it anymore than you, but you know its gonna happen...

BigMeatballDave
12-14-2008, 01:28 PM
If they are going to continue to run this, they may as well draft Tebow.

Hammock Parties
12-14-2008, 01:30 PM
LJ looks good today.

the Talking Can
12-14-2008, 01:32 PM
I think you keep LJ.

I think you draft a QB, which obviously won't be in the first round, and sign a veteran 3rd string guy as a complete safety net.

We should run it next year. I don't care the manner in which we move the ball as long as it's effective.

i like it, but i still have concerns about how we run out of it....but with a scrambling QB it is effective

dirk digler
12-14-2008, 01:32 PM

Pretty much how I feel about it.

I liked that we changed it up because there was no way that Herm's style of offense was going help anybody.

BigMeatballDave
12-14-2008, 01:33 PM
LJ looks good today.Still looks out of place in the O.

bowener
12-14-2008, 01:34 PM
If Vince Young doesn't off himself I say trade our 1st for him.

/heavy sarcasm

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-14-2008, 01:35 PM
If they are going to continue to run this, they may as well draft Tebow.

:spock:

Florida's offense is almost entirely run-based. They are much more like a triple option team than they are a pass first offense. Compound that with Tebow's inability to read a D and his horrible mechanics...and just god no.

JuicesFlowing
12-14-2008, 01:37 PM
I think you keep LJ.

Quinn Gray isn't bad enough to discard. He's not as fragile as some other QB on the roster.

bowener
Still looks out of place in the O.
I would have to imagine that if we keep him, he will trim down this off season to try and gain some speed and a quicker burst. One thing you can say for LJ is that he knows how to work it out. I think he continually bulked up and got stronger and slower thinking he would have to take the ball 300 times a year up the butt of the center.

chiefs1111
Didn't you hear,next season we are going to run the Willy Wonka offense

bowener
12-14-2008, 01:40 PM

Florida's offense is almost entirely run-based. They are much more like a triple option team than they are a pass first offense. Compound that with Tebow's inability to read a D and his horrible mechanics...and just god no.

I thought it was interesting that some guy on ESPN said Tebow was a perfect fit for NE because of his versatility. That said enough for me to know that the Chiefs are not smart enough to figure how the hell to use him, plus all of what you said.

BigMeatballDave
12-14-2008, 01:43 PM

Florida's offense is almost entirely run-based. They are much more like a triple option team than they are a pass first offense. Compound that with Tebow's inability to read a D and his horrible mechanics...and just god no.:D My post was kinda a knock on this O. I'm not crazy about it. However, I don't have a problem with them running it again with Thig. Chiefs aren't drafting Stafford. Oh, and yes Tebow will be a horrible NFL QB.

bowener
12-14-2008, 01:46 PM
Didn't you hear,next season we are going to run the Willy Wonka offense

Wrong, sir! Wrong! Under section 37B of the contract signed by Herm, it states quite clearly that all offenses shall become null and void if - and you can read it for yourself in this photostatic copy,

"I, the undersigned, shall forfeit all rights, privileges, and licenses herein and herein contained," et cetera, et cetera..."Fax mentis incendium gloria cultum," et cetera, et cetera..."Memo bis punitor delicatum!"

It's all there, black and white, clear as crystal! Chan stole our new offense. Herm allowed this productive offense to grow, so you get *NOTHING*! You lose! Good day sir!

Chiefs Pantalones
12-14-2008, 01:56 PM
LJ looks good today.

It's not about that, it's about how he fits into things. He doesn't. He looks good, but he just isn't in the plans of this team anymore. He retards the offense. Just trade him and get some picks for him.

googlegoogle
12-14-2008, 05:29 PM
We might want to consider finding an OLINE.

King_Chief_Fan
12-14-2008, 05:34 PM
this offense is not very good. It protects an average QB from getting killed due to having a swing gate O line. This offense gets killed in 2nd half. Herm said on his little speech after the game, that they did not change play calling...it got different results...something like only 3 first downs. Pistol sucks. D fense got hung out to dry today in the final quarter.

the Talking Can
12-14-2008, 05:34 PM
LJ looks good today.

he ran for 55 yards and averaged 3.2 yards per carry

he looked like a slow piece of shit

and he couldn't even gain a fucking yard when it mattered

Baby Lee
12-14-2008, 05:36 PM
It's a win-win situation. It works, we possibly go to the playoffs. Of course the defense needs to be improved. It doesn't work, Herm gets fired. I'd prefer option #2 though.

OMFG, lemme see, playoffs 1 year after a rebuild, or continue to suck. . . . I wonder? . . . .

Baby Lee
12-14-2008, 05:37 PM
We might want to consider finding an OLINE.

#1 pick QB, for the SB!!!!

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-14-2008, 05:38 PM
#1 pick QB, for the SB!!!!

Elway, Manning, Manning, Aikman, Bradshaw.

11 Super Bowls. 1 Draft slot, 1 position.

Baby Lee
12-14-2008, 05:39 PM

Always look on the bright siiiide of life!!!

Look at every great team's o-line, and how much less the gamble was to get it.

Except for Elway, where the 6th round RB was the difference between SB embarassment and success.

Aikman was the recipient of an o-line that made Emmitt Smiff the record setting RB he was and Harper and Irvin catching everything in their zip code. He was so integral to their success that Kosar came off the bench and they didn't miss a beat even in the playoffs. Their o-line was so good, Emmitt could bust 220+ all purpose with one arm.

the Talking Can
12-14-2008, 05:40 PM

save your breath

kc fans don't - and never will - get it....

they'd rather lose for another 20 years then draft a QB #1....

losing is ok, taking risks is not

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-14-2008, 05:41 PM
Always look on the bright siiiide of life!!!

Excellent rebuttal.

But some picks there busted!! ONOZ!!

If you can't draft, you'll never win, and you can't pick players who aren't there.

King_Chief_Fan
12-14-2008, 05:42 PM
save your breath

kc fans don't - and never will - get it....

they'd rather lose for another 20 years then draft a QB #1....

losing is ok, taking risks is not

true words....that is why Carl and Herm love it in KC... .500 will keep dumb butts, I mean fans in the seats

Baby Lee
12-14-2008, 05:46 PM
Excellent rebuttal.

But some picks there busted!! ONOZ!!

If you can't draft, you'll never win, and you can't pick players who aren't there.

Would you build another team around Aikman, or take the Cowboys of the early 90s with everyone but Aikman?

JaMarcus Russell
Vince Young
Matt Leinart
Cutler
Alex Smith
Carson Palmer
Byron Leftwich
David Carr
Joey Harrington
Michael Vick
Chad Pennington
Tim Couch
Akili Smith
Daunte Culpepper
and that's just those between now and

Ryan Leaf

Not all #1s, but most all top 10-11 and chosen with the 'you win with a franchise QB' mindset.

All those misses netted you Manning and Manning, and nothing else. One Manning was the Schottenheimer of QBs until his defense backed him up, and the other was the embarassment of his team until he finally got his head on straight and played up to the rest of his teammates.

Baby Lee
12-14-2008, 06:05 PM
Maybe we'd be well served to look at those guys above, see if we can have our resurrection SB with our own;

Steve McNair, Kerry Collins, Heath Shuler, or Trent Dilfer.