PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Thigpen isn't good enough.

Pages : [1] 2

Hammock Parties
12-14-2008, 03:33 PM
Thigpen just isn't good enough. He disappeared for an entire half. Our downfield passing game was terrible today. Thigpen's running was more impressive than his passing.

And of course his endgame was terrible. A five-yard run and a 10-yard dumpoff to Gonzalez? Pathetic.

We need a new quarterback.

triple
12-14-2008, 03:34 PM
f*** you

blueballs
petulant child

BigMeatballDave
As long as they can draft Stafford, great. Otherwise were stuck with Thig.

The Bad Guy
12-14-2008, 03:35 PM
Coming from someone who wouldn't know how to talent evaluate a Pee Wee team, I'll take whatever you say with a grain of salt.

All I know is that if Dwayne Bowe catches an onside kick, your fat ass isn't making this thread.

Sorry, but you're a douchebag.

eazyb81
Many of our players aren't good enough.

Molitoth
You fucking retard Claythan.... try finding others to blame... Thigpen put us IN this game to begin with.

Hammock Parties
f*** you

Point the finger at the terrible quarterback who couldn't move the ball in the second half today.

We're lucky it was even a game. Patrick Surtain was responsible for more yards gained in the second half.

Fire Me Boy!
Urine idiot, Clayton.

Thigpen did not lose this game.

Hammock Parties
12-14-2008, 03:36 PM
All I know is that if Dwayne Bowe catches an onside kick, your fat ass isn't making this thread.

Thigpen's terrible passing put us in position to NEED to recover an onside kick.

triple
Point the finger at the terrible quarterback who couldn't move the ball in the second half today.

We're lucky it was even a game. Patrick Surtain was responsible for more yards gained in the second half.

you'll have his picture in your avatar eventually

Mr. Laz
die .... you big bowl of diarrhea

Hammock Parties
Thigpen did not lose this game.

Oh, that's great. You guys want a quarterback who plays not to lose, eh?

I'd prefer one who goes out and wins it.

The Bad Guy
12-14-2008, 03:37 PM

Every week, regardless of what the reason, YOU are always looking to point the finger for the loss on Tyler Thigpen.

What's the matter? Wouldn't he give you an interview in training camp?

You can loose all the weight you want, you're still a fucking miserable lump of go-nowhere shit.

Johnny Vegas
12-14-2008, 03:37 PM
somehow I believe you're full of shit and you're saying this more just to piss off majority of the members here. You secretly root for Thiggy.

KC kid
12-14-2008, 03:38 PM
I am not a Thigpenite, but he is not the problem today. Did he make some bad choices like running the ball with 30 seconds left in the game? Yes. Is he the problem? No

This one is on herm and the SP teams coach

Molitoth

ya, I'm guessing you think Stafford is going to come out of college into this pathetic organization run by retards and a dumbass coach and be successful?

warrior
You're past getting old

Deberg_1990
12-14-2008, 03:39 PM
I dont think Thiggy is "The Answer" by any means, but he wasnt the problem today.

The playcalling in the 2nd half lacked bite.

But ultimately, Bowe is the reason we lost. Why is he on an "all hands team" ??

Fire Me Boy!
12-14-2008, 03:39 PM

If you're going to blame one person... maybe you blame the kicker who missed a FG early in the game?

Like someone else said, you come out of every loss looking to point the finger at Thigpen. And you do it even when it's not deserved.

Hammock Parties
12-14-2008, 03:40 PM
You guys are grasping at straws with Thigpen. You want a quarterback so desperately you'll cling to anyone who throws a touchdown pass or makes sexy plays with his legs.

I've seen enough. When you're trying to win with your quarterback running the ball 10 times a game, it always ends up the same - some team with a hell of a defense shutting your offense down in the playoffs because your quarterback is so limited.

Thigpen is not good enough.

MIAdragon

Yea he calls the plays dumbass

petegz28
Thigpen just isn't good enough. He disappeared for an entire half. Our downfield passing game was terrible today. Thigpen's running was more impressive than his passing.

And of course his endgame was terrible. A five-yard run and a 10-yard dumpoff to Gonzalez? Pathetic.

I am convinced now, you are actually more idiotic than Peanut.

FringeNC
12-14-2008, 03:41 PM
200 yards in the first half before Herm shut down this offense. Whoever started this thread is a ****ing douche bag.

MIAdragon
You guys are grasping at straws with Thigpen. You want a quarterback so desperately you'll cling to anyone who throws a touchdown pass or makes sexy plays with his legs.

I've seen enough. When you're trying to win with your quarterback running the ball 10 times a game, it always ends up the same - some team with a hell of a defense shutting your offense down in the playoffs because your quarterback is so limited.

You dont KNOW SHIT, you flipped a coin and it landed on the side "Thiggy Sucks" and you're running with it. Open your eyes and WATCH the game.

bobbything
This thread is awesome. We would have won this game if:

- The defense doesn't collapse with 2 minutes to go in the game
- The defense doesn't collapse with 40 seconds to go in the game
- Bowe catches a routine onsides kick that hit him right in the hands
- Larry Johnson converts a 3rd and inches
- Tyler Thigpen was Peyton Manning

Claythan, sometimes I really think you're a voice of reason around here; but then you go and post something like this.

Fire Me Boy!

You MAY be right that he's not good enough. I'm taking issue with your blame for this game going to Thiggy. If you think Thigpen was to blame for this loss then you're a complete moron.

The Bad Guy
12-14-2008, 03:42 PM

You are the clingy mother fucker that jumped on every QB bandwagon we've had here over the last 3 years. Huard, Croyle. You performed daily message board suckoff festivals on both of them daily.

I want a QB who moves the ball down the field.

I'm sorry that you're too limited in your understanding of the game of professional football that you couldn't see that Thigpen wasn't the reason we love today.

You know what will be hilarious? When I have kids that move out of the house before you do.

Dayze
perhaps Thigpen's passing isn't as great as it it coult be b/c he only has Bowe and TG ....and the defenses know it.

LG blows (particularly in the spread/pistol or whatever the F you want to call it)

oh, and the fact the Herm and company can't make ANY adjustments at halftime; regardless of if they're 'needed'. You need to anticipate what the other team is going to do and adjust accordingly. just b/c your passing game is working in the 1st half doesn't mean it will in the 2nd.

I'm usually on the side of Go Chiefs on most scenarios, but I think his statement is a bit emotional and not thought out.

Hammock Parties
200 yards in the first half when Herm before Herm shut down this offense. Whoever started this thread is a fucking douche bag.

Part of the problem with our running game is when Thigpen goes under center, it's pretty much telegraphing a run play. Teams know he can't pass for shit if he's not in the spread.

Did I mention his height was responsible for another INT today?

Not good enough.

memyselfI
Thigpen didn't miss two kicks, did he?

KC2004
God why did I take this douche off ignore? Momentary lapse of sanity I suppose.

MIAdragon
12-14-2008, 03:43 PM
You are the clingy mother ****er that jumped on every QB bandwagon we've had here over the last 3 years. Huard, Croyle. You performed daily message board suckoff festivals on both of them daily.

I want a QB who moves the ball down the field.

I'm sorry that you're too limited in your understanding of the game of professional football that you couldn't see that Thigpen wasn't the reason we love today.

You know what will be hilarious? When I have kids that move out of the house before you do.

Or when your kids get laid before he does.

The Bad Guy
200 yards in the first half before Herm shut down this offense. Whoever started this thread is a ****ing douche bag.

Are you surprised it's the attention-whoring virgin basement dweller?

KChiefs1
awful thread

The Bad Guy
12-14-2008, 03:44 PM
Or when your kids get laid before he does.

Good point.

My kids aren't even born yet and I would wager money they get it before GoVirgin.

tomahawk kid
Eat a dick and then drink some drano you rolly polly jocksniffer..........

Fire Me Boy!
Thigpen didn't miss two kicks, did he?

I'll give him a pass on the 50 yarder. He didn't miss by much, and it's the longest try of his pro career. The difference in the football game was the shorter one early on.

The Bad Guy
12-14-2008, 03:45 PM
Part of the problem with our running game is when Thigpen goes under center, it's pretty much telegraphing a run play. Teams know he can't pass for shit if he's not in the spread.

Did I mention his height was responsible for another INT today?

Not good enough.

Since he threw an INT he's not good enough?

Your arguments keep getting more hilarious by the post.

FringeNC
12-14-2008, 03:46 PM
Are you surprised it's the attention-whoring virgin basement dweller?

Good point. It's a shame that Claythan doubles down when he is wrong, and develops man-crushes on particular players because he has a little talent at what he does, but he's too immature to be taken seriously.

The Bad Guy
Eat a dick and then drink some drano you rolly polly jocksniffer..........

Haven't you heard? He's losing weight.

Now he can be a slightly overweight go-nowhere loser.

memyselfI
I'll give him a pass on the 50 yarder. He didn't miss by much, and it's the longest try of his pro career. The difference in the football game was the shorter one early on.

I know but still the point stands that Thigpen did not lose this game for the Chiefs.

It seems the defense had to collapse as well. To blame the QB is really idiotic.

triple

Claythan, sometimes I really think you're a voice of reason around here; but then you go and post something like this.

best post ever.

The Bad Guy
Good point. It's a shame that Claythan doubles down when he is wrong, and develops man-crushes on particular players because he has a little talent at what he does, but he's too immature to be taken seriously.

It's sad that he's approaching 30 and acts like a 15-year old.

1ChiefsDan
New it wouldn't take long for you to blame this on Thigpen - even posted it in the chat.

Do you think before you type?:shake:

bobbything
Also:

- We hit a 34 yard field goal
- We don't throw a fade pass on 3rd and 1 in the red zone

Hammock Parties
12-14-2008, 03:47 PM
It's incredibly sad that you have to resort to ad hominem, Frank. But I guess that's all the ammo you have when your quarterback spends the entire second half with his thumb up his ass. Christ, he had 35 yards passing.

MTG#10
12-14-2008, 03:47 PM
Dude its his first ****ing season as a starter and you expect for him to look like Peyton Manning out there? Ive tried to defend you in the past but Im finished. You are the dumbass everyone tried to tell me you were. :shake:

Saul Good
12-14-2008, 03:49 PM
A team routinely fails to gain a first down rushing in short yardage situations and people think we have a QB issue?

Hammock Parties
12-14-2008, 03:50 PM
Dude its his first ****ing season as a starter and you expect for him to look like Peyton Manning out there?

Peyton Manning? Please. I'm just asking for a drive or two. You know the longest drive Thigpen manufactured in the second half today?

22 yards

They had eight drives and gained 60 yards. Barely two yards per play.

But go ahead and blame it all on Herm or Larry or whoever...

The Bad Guy
12-14-2008, 03:50 PM
Your argument holds absolutely no water. None.

If Bowe holds on to that pass, your fat ass is upstairs eating meatloaf with your family.

Adept Havelock
12-14-2008, 03:51 PM
Sorry, but you're a douchebag.

Nah, a douchebag has a much higher likelihood of getting close to female genitalia.

Besides, if that waste of cap space/roster spot of a running back could gain a measly yard... ;)

triple
A team routinely fails to gain a first down rushing in short yardage situations and people think we have a QB issue?

it really hurts your offense when your running back can't get a yard or two yards in a 3rd or 4th and short situation.

Heck, thigpen is better at getting those than Johnson is.

you know they are thinking on 2nd down, we need to get beyond the marker, because we can't convert 3rd and short on the ground and they won't put the ball in the air in that situation

Bwana
You have turned into nothing more than a low test hack.

Kyle DeLexus
New it wouldn't take long for you to blame this on Thigpen - even posted it in the chat.

Do you think before you type?:shake:

It's bad when the whole chatroom had people saying he was going to blame Thigpen when Thigpen had us in the game all day and the D and Special Teams lost this for us

Hammock Parties
Your argument holds absolutely no water. None.

If Bowe holds on to that pass, your fat ass is upstairs eating meatloaf with your family.

I don't like meatloaf. I don't like Tyler Thigpen, either.

Do you like me?

SenselessChiefsFan
12-14-2008, 03:53 PM

Well, the reality is that Thigpen is still a very young player with very little experience. He isn't good enough... yet.

He is getting better. If the Chiefs draft a QB, I am fine with it. But, if there isn't one at the time they draft, I am fine with Thigpen.

Hammock Parties
It's bad when the whole chatroom had people saying he was going to blame Thigpen when Thigpen had us in the game all day and the D and Special Teams lost this for us

Thigpen had us in the game all day?

The quarterback who manufactured TWO scoring drives?

Are you sure about that statement?

Fire Me Boy!
Peyton Manning? Please. I'm just asking for a drive or two. You know the longest drive Thigpen manufactured in the second half today?

22 yards

HOW 'BOUT A FUCKING KICKER!

Please Clayton. Tell me how Thigpen lost this game for the Chiefs when their kicker misses two kicks, one of them that should always be good.

chiefs1111
I don't like meatloaf. I don't like Tyler Thigpen, either.

Do you like me?

It doesn't matter,we are stuck with Thigpen as our starter anyways..

Hammock Parties
12-14-2008, 03:54 PM
HOW 'BOUT A FUCKING KICKER!

Please Clayton. Tell me how Thigpen lost this game for the Chiefs when their kicker misses two kicks, one of them that should always be good.

You probably blamed the 1995 playoff loss on Lin Elliot, too.

A lot of people blamed Steve Bono.

Steve Bono put Lin Elliot in a position to fail.

Tyler Thigpen put Connor Barth in a position to fail.

TRR
Why even respond to this? Thigpen is the least of our worries.

Johnny Vegas

22 yards

How about the offense's possession time in the whole second half was only 12:15

Hammock Parties
How about the offense's possession time in the whole second half was only 12:15

Well when your quarterback can't convert third downs, that happens.

petegz28
12-14-2008, 03:55 PM

dude face it, if Thigy through for 430 yards and 5 TDs with no pics you would bitch.

Hammock Parties
12-14-2008, 03:55 PM
dude face it, if Thigy through for 430 yards and 5 TDs with no pics you would bitch.

Go into the game thread. Thigpen was outstanding in the first half. I was really impressed with his play.

He shit the bed in the second half. We're lucky it wasn't worse. There was at least one dropped interception.

1ChiefsDan
12-14-2008, 03:56 PM

Tyler Thigpen put Connor Barth in a position to fail.A 30 yard FG is a position to fail? You are a moron.STFU

bobbything
12-14-2008, 03:57 PM
Thigpen may not be good enough but take a look at all of the other situations where this TEAM had the opportunity to close out this game:

- 34 yard field goal
- 50 yard field goal
- Dropped onsides kick
- Defense under 2 minutes
- Defense under 40 seconds
- LJ on 3rd and inches
- Fade pass on 3rd and 1 in the red zone
- Interception in the end zone
- Challenging the line of scrimmage pass
- etc, etc, etc

There's plenty of blame to go around. I put Thigpen near the bottom of reasons why we lost the game.

Hydrae

When your RB, who is the highest paid player on your team, can not convert short yardage 3rd downs, it is not the fault of the QB with limited experience. LJ had 55 yards on 17 carries, THAT is not getting it done!!!

Fritz88

He's essentially a rookie..expected from him..he's got nothing but to improve..

Fire Me Boy!

I don't normally have a problem with you, but sometimes... goddamn, sometimes you're the biggest tool on this board.

If you're saying Thiggy put Barth in a position to fail, then I'm saying Herm put Thiggy in a position to fail.

Barth's job is to kick field goals when the team is in position. A 34-yard kick should be nailed. Every. Time.

As I said earlier, I'll give Barth a pass on the long kick at the end. Those 50-yarders are tough.

But we lost by less than a FG. The short kick early in the game was the difference between a win and a loss.

Johnny Vegas
12-14-2008, 03:58 PM

He scored a rushing TD in those 12:15!!??!

Mama Hip Rockets
Thigpen just isn't good enough. He disappeared for an entire half.

it is pretty easy to disappear when your coach doesn't let you throw a pass for nearly three quarters.

Hammock Parties
A 30 yard FG is a position to fail? You are a moron.STFU

Every snap of the ball is a chance to succeed or fail.

Unfortunately Thigpen just kept failing, and failing, and failing, and failing, after halftime. No wonder his teammates followed suit!

bobbything
12-14-2008, 03:59 PM

Posts like this make me wonder how people manage to land jobs.

triple
yeah, this team was so much better before Thigpen got his chance.

you're just pissed because you were beating the Huard drum after he played poorly at Atlanta and he made you look stupid since then

Agent V
If you'd drop this issue, people would quit attacking you for it. Thigpen is not the glaring issue here.

Listen, I don't want to sound harsh, but since your opinion of Herman Edwards and Carl Peterson changed so abruptly, I haven't taken your analysis very seriously.

CoMoChief
Thigpen's terrible passing put us in position to NEED to recover an onside kick.

Actually it was the defense that allowed the TD to begin with, added with the help of shitty Colquitt punting.

Kyle DeLexus
12-14-2008, 04:01 PM

Yes i'm sure, even with two scoring drives the score would be 14-10 until 1:13 left in the game after LJ didn't get a yard on 3rd and 1, and then the D gives up a TD. So yes, Thigpen had us in the game ALL DAY. Then given that we scored 21 and not 14, I don't see how you can blame Thigpen for this loss at all. The D was horrible at the end of the game, Bowe drops the ball too much and shouldn't really be on a hands team, LJ getting paid like he is can't get a first down, and missing 2 FG's lost us this game not Tyler F***'ing Thigpen!

Adept Havelock
12-14-2008, 04:02 PM

Unfortunately Thigpen just kept failing, and failing, and failing, and failing, after halftime. No wonder his teammates followed suit!

Yet you're unable to see the same about your idiot man-crush of an overpaid, overrated, one-dimensional running back. :spock:

yeah, this team was so much better before Thigpen got his chance.

you're just pissed because you were beating the Huard drum after he played poorly at Atlanta and he made you look stupid since then

That's a big part of it, right along with his 15 year old attention whore shtick.

Hammock Parties
12-14-2008, 04:03 PM
I'm not going to blame Larry Johnson when the offensive line can't open a hole to save it's life. Similarly, I'm not going to blame Thigpen when he has no time to throw. He had time to throw. He generally did not take advantage.

PhillyChiefFan
12-14-2008, 04:03 PM

Oh and Conner Barth hits a field goal. can't forget that one

kstater
12-14-2008, 04:04 PM
Claythan forgot to switch from his demonpenz account.

Adept Havelock
12-14-2008, 04:05 PM
I'm not going to blame Larry Johnson when the offensive line can't open a hole to save it's life. Similarly, I'm not going to blame Thigpen when he has no time to throw. He had time to throw. He generally did not take advantage.

:BS:

That chuckleheaded waste of roster space RB you're knob-slobbering has wasted plenty of holes standing around in the backfield. Sorry, your man-crush is so SOFT he should be the new spokesman for Downy.

Stewie
12-14-2008, 04:08 PM
Claythan, you're dumb. You take the "Thigpen sucks" mantra because you committed to it long ago. Don't come here and try to prove something that's not true. We all know you don't have the mental capacity to argue the point. Thigpen's play has been very good. Try arguing why LJ suddenly trips on his own shoestrings over the past few games.

kcxiv
12-14-2008, 04:09 PM
I guess Thigpen is responsible for allowing Rivers to throw for over 400 yards as well? Damn he sucks. He should be in there rushing the QB.

Hammock Parties
If you'd drop this issue, people would quit attacking you for it. Thigpen is not the glaring issue here.

I don't mind the attacks. They're just the product of weak minds.

Quarterback is always going to be an issue when the offense sputters and dies. Are you kidding me?

The defense choked, yeah, but they kept setting up the offense in the second half and Thigpen just did...nothing.

A couple drives and we're not even having this conversation. But Thigpen just did...nothing. Nothing at all.

kcxiv
Yes about LJ. He just doesnt have the heart to play football anymore. I was on LJ's side for a long time, but its time to cut his ass loose and get someone younger with more speed. I know our Oline sucks, but LJ seems to go down everytime he's touched now days.

petegz28
12-14-2008, 04:10 PM

Quarterback is always going to be an issue when the offense sputters and dies. Are you kidding me?

The defense choked, yeah, but they kept setting up the offense in the second half and Thigpen just did...nothing.

A couple drives and we're not even having this conversation. But Thigpen just did...nothing. Nothing at all.

Yeah, I mean the defense gave is great field position all day. I think 1 drive maybe.

triple
12-14-2008, 04:10 PM

That chuckleheaded waste of roster space RB you're knob-slobbering has wasted plenty of holes standing around in the backfield. Sorry, your man-crush is so SOFT he should be the new spokesman for Downy.

he runs up a lineman's ass all the time when he should be going outside or making a cut. dude has zero field vision.

and i've never seen a running back who is caught from behind so frequently

Hammock Parties
12-14-2008, 04:11 PM
Yeah, I mean the defense gave is great field position all day. I think 1 drive maybe.

They kept stopping the Chargers over and over and over and over again. Christ, we had 8 possessions in the second half.

kcxiv
12-14-2008, 04:12 PM
Thigpen is a young qb thats going to make mistakes. He's going to have a bad game. Hey, all world rookie Matt Ryan threw 2 interceptions today. Shit like this is GOING To happen.

I guess Dorsey doesnt have what it takes to be a DT in this league either. He's been invisible in his rookie campaign. He was drafted to high to be looking like he is!

*sarcasm of course*

mikey23545

Unfortunately Thigpen just kept failing, and failing, and failing, and failing...

Just like you at life or journalism, huh?

bowener
I think we need a new defense. Then we wont dump the entire game on the shoulders of a rookie.

Johnny Vegas

That chuckleheaded waste of roster space RB you're knob-slobbering has wasted plenty of holes standing around in the backfield. Sorry, your man-crush is SOFT.

the back field that lost a back up to season ending surgery? I see all these RB's with big contracts hurt every season and missing games. LJ had one fluke with the foot injury, but has always been ready to play on game day other than that. He's more reliable than you think. I just know it won't convince you.

Hammock Parties
12-14-2008, 04:14 PM
Larry showed great heart on that third and one...

petegz28
They kept stopping the Chargers over and over and over and over again. Christ, we had 8 possessions in the second half.

Well blame Thigy for being paid $40 mil and not running for 1 yard, ok?

kcxiv
the back field that lost a back up to season ending surgery? I see all these RB's with big contracts hurt every season and missing games. LJ had one fluke with the foot injury, but has always been ready to play on game day other than that. He's more reliable than you think. I just know it won't convince you.

Cept he falls over to easy. He's not running away from anyone. He's not shifty anymore. He's only meant to run inside the tackles once he cant do that, its game over for him. He doesnt have the speed anymore to run outside the tackles like he used too. He's used up with this Oline.

Adept Havelock
12-14-2008, 04:15 PM

He is reliable. I can always be confident that in a must-have-yards scenario, he'll do his best Greg Hill impression.

petegz28

So what does a big, black cock taste like?

Oh Snap
im curious as to what a fat over weight slob such as your self, would know what it takes to play physical athletic sport such as football....

A world class NFL scout you are not, claythan...

BigMeatballDave
Larry showed great heart on that third and one...:spock:

kcxiv
12-14-2008, 04:16 PM
:spock:

haha, I laughed when i seen that.

Mr. Arrowhead
12-14-2008, 04:17 PM
this coming from a guy, who worshiped a damon horrid

Adept Havelock
12-14-2008, 04:17 PM

ROFL Great heart, but poor vision, commitment, strength, will, ability, and production.

he runs up a lineman's ass all the time when he should be going outside or making a cut. dude has zero field vision.

and i've never seen a running back who is caught from behind so frequently

Pretty much. The overpaid/overrated RB's field vision makes him the Bizzaro-world version of Marcus Allen.

He's becoming more and more of a larger Greg Hill every week.

Hammock Parties
12-14-2008, 04:20 PM
Cept he falls over to easy. He's not running away from anyone. He's not shifty anymore. He's only meant to run inside the tackles once he cant do that, its game over for him. He doesnt have the speed anymore to run outside the tackles like he used too. He's used up with this Oline.

He's averaging 4.5 YPC.

Get some dudes who can block and he'll rape.

Thigpen will probably still fire terrible passes, even with perfect blocking. If he doesn't take off and run first.

petegz28
12-14-2008, 04:21 PM
He's averaging 4.5 YPC.

Thigpen will probably still fire terrible passes, even with perfect blocking. If he doesn't take off and run first.

BLA BLA BLA.....he couldn't get 1 yard when it mattered....AGAIN!
And yea, that TD thigy threw to DB was terrible! I mean it hit him righ tin the numbers!

kcxiv
12-14-2008, 04:21 PM
He's averaging 4.5 YPC.

Hell, thats like almost every running back in the league. Get a good line and you run for big yards!

Hammock Parties
12-14-2008, 04:22 PM
BLA BLA BLA.....he couldn't get 1 yard when it mattered....AGAIN!

What was he supposed to do? Activate his rocket boosters?

The dude sold out his body, Priest-style. The OL got shoved backwards right into his jump. Jim Brown in his prime wouldn't have gotten that first down.

Hammock Parties
12-14-2008, 04:22 PM
Hell, thats like almost every running back in the league. Get a good line and you run for big yards!

Do you really think "every" RB in the league would be averaging 4.5 YPC behind THIS line?

Larry has TWO 60+ yard runs this year...you think "every" RB can boast that?

Rigodan
12-14-2008, 04:23 PM
Thigpen wasn't the only reason we lost but Claythan's right that hes not that good right now. His ability to throw down the field is terrible. Bradley was open on the 3rd and 1 but thigpen threw it out of bounds. I cant even remember 1 completion that traveled more than 10 yards in the air today. His pick in the red zone he tried to throw in between 4 guys and he got lucky when a charger dropped a pick 6. I didn't see much to get excited about today.

petegz28
12-14-2008, 04:25 PM
Do you really think "every" RB in the league would be averaging 4.5 YPC behind THIS line?

Dude, stats are for losers. How about the 1 yard he didn't get to win the game, AGAIN?ROFL

Rausch
12-14-2008, 04:25 PM
Worthless thread by a worthless speculative "reporter" after a loss.

petegz28
12-14-2008, 04:26 PM
Thigpen wasn't the only reason we lost but Claythan's right that hes not that good right now. His ability to throw down the field is terrible. Bradley was open on the 3rd and 1 but thigpen threw it out of bounds. I cant even remember 1 completion that traveled more than 10 yards in the air today. His pick in the red zone he tried to throw in between 4 guys and he got lucky when a charger dropped a pick 6. I didn't see much to get excited about today.

Ok, so the bombs he hit Bradley on game after game his first few games don't count?

Bradley was not open and it would of been a tough catch regardless of where it was thrown.

His pick in the red zone was tipped at the line then again by a LB, then picked.

dirk digler
It's incredibly sad that you have to resort to ad hominem, Frank. But I guess that's all the ammo you have when your quarterback spends the entire second half with his thumb up his ass. Christ, he had 35 yards passing.

You have to cut him some slack Clay this is like his 7 or 8th start

kcxiv

In this system we have right now. Most will yes, he still didnt run for 100 yards though. Someone else in this system thats shiftier and faster may be averaging more yards becuase we are in the spread offense. Hell, even the announcers were talking about us needing a different kind of running back for the spread offense.

RINGLEADER
12-14-2008, 04:27 PM
His last drive was bad. We really shouldn't have even had a chance at a field goal. But he's still learning. A lot of really good QBs have done equally stupid stuff early in their careers.

He should totally have the reigns next season IMO. This loss has more to do with LJ not being able to pick up a yard on 3rd and short and our defense giving up 14 points in the last 80 seconds of the game...

Hammock Parties
12-14-2008, 04:28 PM
You have to cut him some slack Clay this is like his 7 or 8th start

When he plays so well in the first half and then shits the bed in the second half, there's something wrong. There's no reason I shouldn't expect him to play at least halfway decent in the second half. 30 yards passing is unacceptable.

The Bad Guy
12-14-2008, 04:28 PM

Weak minds?

Hilarious.

You keep backing up your bullshit arguments with complete and utter nonsense.

When you keep doing that, I'll keep pointing out how much of a complete retard you are.

Johnny Vegas
12-14-2008, 04:29 PM
In this system we have right now. Most will yes, he still didnt run for 100 yards though. Someone else in this system thats shiftier and faster may be averaging more yards becuase we are in the spread offense. Hell, even the announcers were talking about us needing a different kind of running back for the spread offense.

he had only 7 carries the whole game on his last 63 yard run.

dirk digler
12-14-2008, 04:29 PM
When he plays so well in the first half and then shits the bed in the second half, there's something wrong. There's no reason I shouldn't expect him to play at least halfway decent in the second half. 30 yards passing is unacceptable.

Playcalling? It seems the Chiefs went into the Herm Shell.

I am willing to admit we really struggle in the 3rd quarter and I have no idea why but I don't put that all on Thigpen.

The Bad Guy
12-14-2008, 04:30 PM

He's a basically a ****ing rookie making his 7th start of his career.

1ChiefsDan
Posts like this make me wonder how people manage to land jobs.he has a job? I thought he wrote for WPI.

kcxiv
Dude, stats are for losers. How about the 1 yard he didn't get to win the game, AGAIN?ROFL

I just checked NFL.com for some "stats". There are a ton of runningbacks over the 4.5 yards per carry. Some in the 5.0 range. Hell even Jamal Charles is at 5.7. hah

Rausch
12-14-2008, 04:31 PM
When you keep doing that, I'll keep pointing out how much of a complete retard you are.

Why?

Its' what most of CP wants to hear these days.

He's an icon. An Idol.

He posts animated jpegs...

kcxiv

People want him to be Steve Young already. hell, even took someone like Steve Young a few years before he was the player he was.

dirk digler

Yep. He is still better than either Croyle or Huard who struggle the whole game

kcxiv
12-14-2008, 04:32 PM
Yep. He is still better than either Croyle or Huard who struggle the whole game

If we had Croyle /Huard still qb'ing this team, we would be sitting at about 12 points per game.

Oh Snap
He's averaging 4.5 YPC.

the bulk of that came from his one fluke game against denver...

Johnny Vegas
stats are for losers?? whatever the fuck that means...

The Bad Guy
12-14-2008, 04:33 PM
he has a job? I thought he wrote for WPI.

I'm going to start considering the source.

He's 26. With no job. No girlfriend. Never been laid.

kcxiv
12-14-2008, 04:33 PM
stats are for losers?? whatever the **** that means...

He means stats are not everything when evaluating someone. Especially someone whos' playing the hardest position on the field and hasnt even played a full 16 games at that spot.

Rigodan
12-14-2008, 04:36 PM
Ok, so the bombs he hit Bradley on game after game his first few games don't count?

Bradley was not open and it would of been a tough catch regardless of where it was thrown.

His pick in the red zone was tipped at the line then again by a LB, then picked.

Yea hes hit Bradley in previous games but only because Bradley gets himself so wide open. Not many of those were very hard throws to make. He's still underthrown a lot of deep balls this year whether they were catches or not.

triple
12-14-2008, 04:36 PM
claythan makes me hate larry johnson, this forum, and the team

RINGLEADER
12-14-2008, 04:40 PM
All these debates about Thigpen are stupid unless you factor in that he could easily be 6-2 since we went to the spread if we had even an average defense.

With the Ravens defense he'd be 8-0.

Quesadilla Joe
12-14-2008, 05:04 PM
Claythan is right when it comes to the second half..... It seems he plays a good first half and then does nothing the last 2 quarters..... He is a good scrambler but he doesn't make any throws you want your QB to make. It is always a short easy pass to Gonzo or Bowe. That redzone INT is inexcusable...

I can't believe the Chiefs choked this game away.:cuss:

kcxiv
12-14-2008, 05:06 PM
Claythan is right when it comes to the second half..... It seems he plays a good first half and then does nothing the last 2 quarters..... He is a good scrambler but he doesn't make any throws you want your QB to make. It is always a short easy pass to Gonzo or Bowe. That redzone INT is inexcusable...

The thing is our passes are called to be short and quick. He made some bad choices, but you will get that with a guy who's not even started a full season in the NFL. That is to be expected.

petegz28
12-14-2008, 05:07 PM

you mean when the ball was tipped at the line and again by a LB was Thigy's fault? WOW! I would think the linemen blocking would of had something to do with that?

And heaven forbid the kid who has only played 10 games in the NFL goes to a HOF TE as a security blanket. I mean that is fucking stupid right?

Rigodan
12-14-2008, 05:10 PM
There were 4 guys around gonzo when he threw the ball. Could have been picked off even if it wasn't tipped. Flat out a terrible decision.

Sure-Oz
12-14-2008, 05:12 PM
I like thiggy but he relies way too much on Gonzalez....but that said we havent had any QB here in awhile remotely move this offense. The kid is going to get better, atleast he should...

I also think we need to take a hard look at another QB in the draft too

kcxiv
12-14-2008, 05:17 PM
We have to absolutely draft another qb, but when do you do it? IMO we cant do it in the first round. Not right now. Not with Herm here. Stafford is out of the picture, that shit isnt going to happen for the Chiefs. So who after that?

petegz28
12-14-2008, 05:18 PM
I like thiggy but he relies way too much on Gonzalez....but that said we havent had any QB here in awhile remotely move this offense. The kid is going to get better, atleast he should...

I also think we need to take a hard look at another QB in the draft too

K, you are the 3rd string QB and all the sudden, 6 games into the season you find yourself as the starter. Would you not go to a HOF TE a lot too for the season? I agree with you, but I think people bag on him going to TG too much. I don't think there is such a thing.

Sure-Oz
12-14-2008, 05:20 PM
K, you are the 3rd string QB and all the sudden, 6 games into the season you find yourself as the starter. Would you not go to a HOF TE a lot too for the season? I agree with you, but I think people bag on him going to TG too much. I don't think there is such a thing.

There are other WR's out there, he does throw in triple coverage sometimes too him. Yes a young QB relies on a TE, esp a HOF'er to be....

He'll learn but is the spread our future?? not sure if we can win with it

Quesadilla Joe
12-14-2008, 05:20 PM
you mean when the ball was tipped at the line and again by a LB was Thigy's fault? WOW! I would think the linemen blocking would of had something to do with that?

And heaven forbid the kid who has only played 10 games in the NFL goes to a HOF TE as a security blanket. I mean that is ****ing stupid right?

Dude. Thigpen is in his second year in the NFL and cannot do a 3 step drop, he never goes downfield, he only goes for his first read and then scrambles.... He has a long way to go because that offense is the most predictable offense in the league. I don't think you can open the playbook up with Thigpen.

petegz28
12-14-2008, 05:25 PM
Dude. Thigpen is in his second year in the NFL and cannot do a 3 step drop, he never goes downfield, he only goes for his first read and then scrambles.... He has a long way to go because that offense is the most predictable offense in the league. I don't think you can open the playbook up with Thigpen.

thigpen, for all intensive purposes is playing his first season. Secondly, I don't care what offense he runs if it works.

Are you serious, he has a long way to go? A kid playing for the first time in the NFL has a long way to go? I would never of thunk such non-sense.

If our offense is so predictable, how come we don't go 3 and out 6 times in a row ever game anymore? How come LJ is rushing for more yards in this O than when we ran a more traditional?

As far as the "spread" goes, you will probably see more and more teams in the NFL go to it. And let's give the kid a full season as the starter from day 1 like the other guys were before we start saying what he cannot do.

milkman
12-14-2008, 05:49 PM
Thigpen is a long way from being the answer at QB for the Chiefs, but to lay the blame for this loss on anyone but Herman fucking Edwards and Chan Gailey is stupidity at it's highest (lowest?) level.

milkman
12-14-2008, 05:49 PM
thigpen, for all intensive purposes is playing his first season. Secondly, I don't care what offense he runs if it works.

Are you serious, he has a long way to go? A kid playing for the first time in the NFL has a long way to go? I would never of thunk such non-sense.

If our offense is so predictable, how come we don't go 3 and out 6 times in a row ever game anymore? How come LJ is rushing for more yards in this O than when we ran a more traditional?

As far as the "spread" goes, you will probably see more and more teams in the NFL go to it. And let's give the kid a full season as the starter from day 1 like the other guys were before we start saying what he cannot do.

"intensive purposes"?

aturnis
12-14-2008, 05:50 PM

You, my friend, are a fucking retard. If you had half a brain, you would realize the defense lost this game.

aturnis
12-14-2008, 05:51 PM
Thigpen is a long way from being the answer at QB for the Chiefs, but to lay the blame for this loss on anyone but Herman ****ing Edwards and Chan Gailey is stupidity at it's highest (lowest?) level.

Rep!

MIAdragon
12-14-2008, 05:52 PM
Thigpen is a long way from being the answer at QB for the Chiefs, but to lay the blame for this loss on anyone but Herman ****ing Edwards and Chan Gailey is stupidity at it's highest (lowest?) level.

I really wonder how much of the 2nd half woes are Chan. I bet that Herm gives Chan free reign in the 1st half then takes over in the 2nd.

MTG#10
12-14-2008, 05:54 PM

Never goes downfield? Did you watch the KC/Den game last week? :spock:

milkman
12-14-2008, 05:59 PM
I really wonder how much of the 2nd half woes are Chan. I bet that Herm gives Chan free reign in the 1st half then takes over in the 2nd.

You may well be right.

In fact I believe this to be true, but we only have our belief to do on.

Unless, and until, we get solid evidence to support that belief, they both get the blame.

milkman
12-14-2008, 06:01 PM
I'm watching this Baltimore game, and the Ravens have a 6 point lead, with about 6 mins remaining with a rookie QB, and they just took a shot downfield.

They aren't sitting on the lead.
They are attacking.

The Bad Guy
12-14-2008, 06:02 PM
The Ravens coach is unbelievable how he turned them around. He lets his coordinators coordinate. They play fucking filthy defense, they fixed their O-line, they have a rookie QB and they are going to be 10-4.

That is what rebuilding looks like.

King_Chief_Fan
12-14-2008, 06:09 PM
You, my friend, are a ****ing retard. If you had half a brain, you would realize the defense lost this game.
THe d lost it in the end...but we saw the best d for 3 quarters for the first time in a long time. It would have been nice for the o to get some first downs and score at least a field goal in the second half.

Skip Towne
12-14-2008, 06:11 PM
I'll bet Herm is orgasmic over this field goal fest.

shaneo69
12-14-2008, 06:20 PM
I'll take Thigpen right now over Trent Green at the peak of his career.

MTG#10
12-14-2008, 07:06 PM
I'll take Thigpen right now over Trent Green at the peak of his career.

ROFL

ChiefsCountry
12-14-2008, 07:26 PM
I dont about this game but Clayton is finally right on something. Thigpen isnt our QB of the future.

theultimatekcchiefsfan
12-14-2008, 07:56 PM
I agree Thigpen made a bad decision at the end of the game. But to say he isnt good enough is crazy. This guy always has us in the game to the end. He is exciting and can scramble.

I believe that Larry Johnson is the weak link on offense. If Jamal Charles was getting Larry carries we would be winning more. If Kolby Smith would not have gotten hurt, who knows.

I am so tired of Larrys no move, pause, drag your leg and go everytime we need a big play. Larry can make one or 2 big plays every now and then, but if it is really needed, he fails almost every time.

I would love to unload this guy and his baggage and move on.

EyePod
12-14-2008, 08:05 PM
ya, I'm guessing you think Stafford is going to come out of college into this pathetic organization run by retards and a dumbass coach and be successful?

Isn't Stafford going back or did I miss something?

EyePod
12-14-2008, 08:05 PM
I'm not going to blame Larry Johnson when the offensive line can't open a hole to save it's life. Similarly, I'm not going to blame Thigpen when he has no time to throw. He had time to throw. He generally did not take advantage. He was chased around all day. You must have watched a different game than I did.

Ebolapox
12-14-2008, 08:07 PM
eh, I don't blame the game on thigpen. I blame the game on what's been our biggest problem for a LONG time, the fucking coaching. they went into a fucking shell in the second half and we didn't have a prayer.

EyePod

Yeah you're right! He didn't rush for a TD off of a 2nd half turnover!! Good call! I'm not saying he did a lot in the 2nd half, but he did do something.

ChiefsCountry
The Ravens coach is unbelievable how he turned them around. He lets his coordinators coordinate. They play ****ing filthy defense, they fixed their O-line, they have a rookie QB and they are going to be 10-4.

That is what rebuilding looks like.

You do realize that Baltimore was 13-3 in 2006. McNair got hurt last year and they sunk. Add Flacco and they are back. Not exactly rebuilding.

EyePod
12-14-2008, 08:08 PM
eh, I don't blame the game on thigpen. I blame the game on what's been our biggest problem for a LONG time, the ****ing coaching. they went into a ****ing shell in the second half and we didn't have a prayer.

Yeah, it was pretty frustrating. Although, it wasn't Run Run Pass Punt... it was Pass Run Run Punt... SAME SHIT DIFFERENT YEAR.

EyePod
12-14-2008, 08:08 PM
You do realize that Baltimore was 13-3 in 2006. McNair got hurt last year and they sunk. Add Flacco and they are back. Not exactly rebuilding.

HAHAHA nice.

luv
12-14-2008, 08:15 PM
He threw a few a little high today. Bowe was able to bring the first one down, but missed a few others. I think the biggest thing is that, while he does good sometimes, he tends to stare down his receiver before throwing the ball. Sorry if someone already brought this up, as I'm not going back to read the thread.

Ebolapox
12-14-2008, 08:17 PM
He threw a few a little high today. Bowe was able to bring the first one down, but missed a few others. I think the biggest thing is that, while he does good sometimes, he tends to stare down his receiver before throwing the ball. Sorry if someone already brought this up, as I'm not going back to read the thread.

I'm all for drafting a QB for competition (if that guy is stafford, I'll jump for joy). that said, all of his mistakes are rookie mistakes. I'm not comparing thigpen to 'the greats,' but all of the great nfl qbs have made these mistakes. that he's doing it with horrible coaching/play calling only gives me more confidence in his abilities.

jspchief
12-14-2008, 08:17 PM
Typical post loss thread from Gochiefs....

luv
12-14-2008, 08:20 PM
I'm all for drafting a QB for competition (if that guy is stafford, I'll jump for joy). that said, all of his mistakes are rookie mistakes. I'm not comparing thigpen to 'the greats,' but all of the great nfl qbs have made these mistakes. that he's doing it with horrible coaching/play calling only gives me more confidence in his abilities.

Agreed. While I'm no "expert", like most here, I like what I see in the kid. I'd love to see what he can do with more practice and more reps during training camp. If he can compete next year, and win the starting role, I think he'll be really good. JMO.

penchief
12-14-2008, 08:21 PM

I love how you want to sound like an expert when when you don't have a leg to stand on.

Skip Towne
12-14-2008, 08:26 PM
I love how you want to sound like an expert when when you don't have a leg to stand on.

He doesn't care that everybody thinks he is an immature jackass. Look at all the attention it gets him.

petegz28
12-14-2008, 08:30 PM
He doesn't care that everybody thinks he is an immature jackass. Look at all the attention it gets him.

I thought the attention was why he did it? :eek:

jspchief
12-14-2008, 08:35 PM
He doesn't care that everybody thinks he is an immature jackass. Look at all the attention it gets him.He's got it down to an art.

He channels his dissapointment over the team's performance into flaming a popular player, stroking off one of the team's bums, or pointing fingers at the guys that least deserve blame.

a few hours later he's got a 12 page thread.

Mecca
12-14-2008, 08:51 PM
Tyler Thigpen throws high because he has horrible footwork...it's why he can't pass from under center either.

Also there are times when it literally looks like he decides before the snap he's throwing it to Gonzalez no matter what.

petegz28
12-14-2008, 09:00 PM
Tyler Thigpen throws high because he has horrible footwork...it's why he can't pass from under center either.

Also there are times when it literally looks like he decides before the snap he's throwing it to Gonzalez no matter what.

Yea, cause reading the coverage before the snap and knowing where you probably want to go with the ball is idiotic!

blueballs
12-14-2008, 09:03 PM
He can masterbate to Huard or Croyle
because they're failures
can't get it up for a possible competent

luv
12-14-2008, 09:03 PM

What was today's reception/would be reception made by TG vs the total number of attempts by Thigpen today? Not trying to be smart. I just don't want to take your word for it.

Wait, I'll look it up for myself (as I'm sure I'd get told to do)....

Six receptions by Tony vs 28 attempts by Thigpen. How many did Tony drop?

Mecca
12-14-2008, 09:04 PM
Yea, cause reading the coverage before the snap and knowing where you probably want to go with the ball is idiotic!

You aren't suppose to be making pass decisions before the snap unless you are making a blitz read...

Mecca
12-14-2008, 09:05 PM
What was today's reception/would be reception made by TG vs the total number of attempts by Thigpen today? Not trying to be smart. I just don't want to take your word for it.

Wait, I'll look it up for myself (as I'm sure I'd get told to do)....

Six receptions by Tony vs 28 attempts by Thigpen. How many did Tony drop?

How many incompletions went his way, how many times was he covered and he got the ball anyway...there's more than just receptions in this.

milkman
12-14-2008, 09:05 PM

And while it's extremely rare for spread QBs to transition to the NFL, it has been proven that it isn't impossible.

I don't want to plan on Thigpen learning the proper mechanics, but I certainly am not going to dismiss the possibility altogether.

petegz28
12-14-2008, 09:06 PM
You aren't suppose to be making pass decisions before the snap unless you are making a blitz read...

Bullshit! WTF do you get that?

This is not Madden dude.

petegz28
12-14-2008, 09:07 PM
How many incompletions went his way, how many times was he covered and he got the ball anyway...there's more than just receptions in this.

Yes, cause no other QB's every throw into tight coverage or make bad passes or get bailed out from the receiver. ROFL

Mecca
12-14-2008, 09:08 PM
Bullshit! WTF do you get that?

This is not Madden dude.

That's probably what I should be telling you if you think QB's are making decisions with the ball before the snap.

Mecca
12-14-2008, 09:09 PM
And while it's extremely rare for spread QBs to transition to the NFL, it has been proven that it isn't impossible.

I don't want to plan on Thigpen learning the proper mechanics, but I certainly am not going to dismiss the possibility altogether.

That's fine I was just saying why he is inaccurate, he'll always be until he learns proper footwork, if he does.

luv
12-14-2008, 09:09 PM

I'm asking about incompletions. Sorry if I just said drops. Whether he's covered or not shouldn't matter in this scenario. Tony's known to pull down passes. He's a proven receiver. You can throw it to an unknown who's covered, a proven who can have a case of the dropsies (and some nice catches), or someone who's proven that can usually catch the ball, no matter what scenario. What do you choose?

Mecca
12-14-2008, 09:10 PM
Well in fairness you shouldn't be trying to force feed a guy if he's blanketed by 2 guys no matter how good he is.

12-14-2008, 09:11 PM
This thread was predicted in the game chat. glad you didn't disappoint GC.

luv
12-14-2008, 09:13 PM

I'm probably showing my ignorance here, but I thought most plays were called with certain receivers/rushers in mind?

ChiefsCountry
12-14-2008, 09:13 PM
Thigpen has piss poor pocket prescene as well.

petegz28
12-14-2008, 09:14 PM
Well in fairness you shouldn't be trying to force feed a guy if he's blanketed by 2 guys no matter how good he is.

But all QB's do it. Especially young and inexperienced ones.

I guess the INT's Rivers through today were what?

I'll tell ya what! They were worse picks than Thiggy has thrown.

But hey, Rivers is only the top rates passer this year....I am sure he sucks too in your eyes.

petegz28
12-14-2008, 09:15 PM
Thigpen has piss poor pocket prescene as well.

Yea, all those sacks he has avoided that Huard and Croyle took. I mean all the scampers out of the pocket to gain yards and avoid sacks is terrible, terrible ......terrible! :D

petegz28
12-14-2008, 09:16 PM
I'm probably showing my ignorance here, but I thought most plays were called with certain receivers/rushers in mind?

If we were to use MEcca's logic, QB's would just line up and say hike. No motioning, no reading the D...jsut snap the ball and see what happnes net I guess.

ChiefsCountry
12-14-2008, 09:17 PM
Yea, all those sacks he has avoided that Huard and Croyle took. I mean all the scampers out of the pocket to gain yards and avoid sacks is terrible, terrible ......terrible! :D

And he had open guys down the field on several occassions instead he takes off thinking he is Tommie Frazier.

Mecca
12-14-2008, 09:18 PM

You have a primary receiver secondary receiver and so forth in your routes, you are suppose to know the defense the other team is in and what player you feel will have the best chance of getting open, based on that and matchups.

You are then suppose to go through your progressions 1,2,3 and so forth you aren't suppose to be saying before the snap "I'm going here" because the defense may do something you didn't expect...

Mecca
12-14-2008, 09:19 PM
And he had open guys down the field on several occassions instead he takes off thinking he is Tommie Frazier.

When he took off with no timeouts and 30 seconds left I just shook my head.

luv
12-14-2008, 09:19 PM
But all QB's do it. Especially young and inexperienced ones.

I guess the INT's Rivers through today were what?

I'll tell ya what! They were worse picks than Thiggy has thrown.

But hey, Rivers is only the top rates passer this year....I am sure he sucks too in your eyes.

He's not a Chief. Mecca is usually just critical about Chiefs.

luv
12-14-2008, 09:20 PM

Agreed. I was like WTF are you thinking?

petegz28
12-14-2008, 09:22 PM

That I admit was a classic rookie mistake. He should of chcuked the ball.

petegz28
12-14-2008, 09:23 PM
Agreed. I was like WTF are you thinking?

He was thinking, "How do I get us in FG range within 36 secs and no TO's and the D will be covering the sidelines?"

luv
12-14-2008, 09:24 PM
He was thinking, "How do I get us in FG range within 36 secs and no TO's and the D will be covering the sidelines?"

I don't know man. It didn't seem planned. I can understand that way of thinking, but I don't think that's how it was intended.

kcxiv
12-14-2008, 09:24 PM

What? a QB with less then a a year playing experience made a mistake? Say it isnt so.

suds79
12-14-2008, 09:25 PM
That I admit was a classic rookie mistake. He should of chcuked the ball.

Again people are calling him a rookie. He's not one.

So I'll rephrase. It was a 2nd year QB mistake.

Hate to be such a stickler but it really bugs me that people insist on calling him a rookie.... It's a lot easier to swallow the bonehead plays when they're "rookies" right?

He's a 2nd year player of which you certainly expect more from than rookies.

kcxiv
12-14-2008, 09:26 PM
I don't know man. It didn't seem planned. I can understand that way of thinking, but I don't think that's how it went down.

He made a mistake, but playing when the game is that fast, he may have seen a opening that he could have ran for big yardage to get into field goal range. We dont know what he was thinking at the time, but it wasnt a good choice to make because it backfired, but we go tinto field goal range anyways.

Thigpen is going to make more mistakes, thats what young QB's do. The way to fix it is to keep playing and usually around their midway to their 2nd and 3rd seasons the game really starts to slow down for them.

Coach
12-14-2008, 09:27 PM

Hate to be such a stickler but it really bugs me that people insist on calling him a rookie.... It's a lot easier to swallow the bonehead plays when they're "rookies" right?

2nd year player, correct.

Game experience, meaning, experience on the field = rookie.

kcxiv
12-14-2008, 09:27 PM

He's a 2nd year playing with no real gametime until this year. Hell, the rookies that started from the get go this year have more experience then he did becuase he has always been a 3rd qb playing with the scrubs.

Mecca
12-14-2008, 09:28 PM
What? a QB with less then a a year playing experience made a mistake? Say it isnt so.

If college QB's do that people call them stupid...that is just something you should know, it should be ingrained in your head from the time you are in high school you don't run with the ball with less 2 minutes and no timeouts.

kcxiv
12-14-2008, 09:29 PM
If college QB's do that people call them stupid...that is just something you should know, it should be ingrained in your head from the time you are in high school you don't run with the ball with less 2 minutes and no timeouts.

Of course it should be, its even in their brain before that probably, but when you are playing and you have 300lb guys ready to take your head off soemtimes you make the wrong choice. Its called being human.

Mecca
12-14-2008, 09:30 PM
Of course it should be, its even in their brain before that probably, but when you are playing and you have 300lb guys ready to take your head off soemtimes you make the wrong choice. Its called being human.

It's called lacking awareness.

petegz28

Oh, I am sorry...he is a practice squad\3rd string QB that threw all of 6 passes in 1 game last year.

Clearly he is a seasoned veteran.

kcxiv

Its called being young. All Qb's make mistakes like that. I think his awareness is fine, this should all change as he gets more play time and later into his career.

luv
12-14-2008, 09:32 PM
He made a mistake, but playing when the game is that fast, he may have seen a opening that he could have ran for big yardage to get into field goal range. We dont know what he was thinking at the time, but it wasnt a good choice to make because it backfired, but we go tinto field goal range anyways.

Thigpen is going to make more mistakes, thats what young QB's do. The way to fix it is to keep playing and usually around their midway to their 2nd and 3rd seasons the game really starts to slow down for them.

That's why I would love to see him get more practice and reps in training camp. He did what he needed to do in order to get the clocked stopped, though, so that's good.

I'd agree on getting it into FG range, but we also got help from a penalty on the SD D.

petegz28
12-14-2008, 09:32 PM

Well there is your problem, he didn't play in HS. :D Well not until his sr year I believe.

And his running the ball did aid in us getting closer to a FG. Had he thrown it awa we would of saved what, 5 secs and gained no yards? The clock running between the plays is the bad part of it, but all things considered it really lent itself to helping us at the end. Though I agree with your general point.

suds79
12-14-2008, 09:33 PM
He's a 2nd year playing with no real gametime until this year. Hell, the rookies that started from the get go this year have more experience then he did becuase he has always been a 3rd qb playing with the scrubs.

True. His gametime experience is little to none. No argument there.

But being in the game and learning the speed and type of play in the NFL certainly means something.

If you had a 5 year vet with no gametime experience to come off the bench, you'd expect more from him than if he was a rookie with no gametime experience right? Sure you would.

Same rule applies to Thigpen. Now is the difference smaller being only his 2nd year? You bet. But it's still different from being a rookie.

I just wish people would call him what he is. A 2nd year QB. That's all I'm saying.

petegz28

It's called playing in your first game where you were out of TO's and had 36 secs to score.

Coach
Of course, another thing to keep in mind was Herm's ability to waste two timeouts as well in the 3rd/4th quarter, IIRC.

petegz28
12-14-2008, 09:34 PM

But being in the game and learning the speed and type of play in the NFL certainly means something.

If you had a 5 year vet with no gametime experience to come off the bench, you'd expect more from him than if he was a rookie with no gametime experience right? Sure you would.

Same rule applies to Thigpen. Now is the difference smaller being only his 2nd year? You bet. But it's still different from being a rookie.

I just wish people would call him what he is. A 2nd year QB. That's all I'm saying.

No. I would expect him to play like someone who never played in a real game. Thigpen threw a total of 6 passes last year and now is not even in the same offense we had last year.

kcxiv
12-14-2008, 09:35 PM
That's why I would love to see him get more practice and reps in training camp. He did what he needed to do in order to get the clocked stopped, though, so that's good.

I'd agree on getting it into FG range, but we also got help from a penalty on the SD D.

That kick from barth would have been good from about 58 yards. He nailed it, he just hooked it.

petegz28
Of course, another thing to keep in mind was Herm's ability to waste two timeouts as well in the 3rd/4th quarter, IIRC.

I can't fault him there. We should not of needed them.

Coach

I don't have a problem calling him a 2nd year QB. That's true. But I also want everybody to recongize that Tyler has played less than 16 games in his career. Therefore, 16 games = 1 year of experience of playing time.

luv

While I do think it was kind of a close call, I didn't think it needed to be questioned in that scenario. (Referring to forward pass beyond LOS).

petegz28
That kick from barth would have been good from about 58 yards. He nailed it, he just hooked it.

He hooked both kicks. Not sure if he was trying to compensate for the wind or not?

kcxiv

What one? he had to challenge 1 of the plays becuase it could have turned the other way. It was a big call. Just didnt work out. The other time out was becuase Thigpen used it.

kcxiv
12-14-2008, 09:36 PM
He hooked both kicks. Not sure if he was trying to compensate for the wind or not?

He probably did, but he nailed it. It just didnt happen. First one he should have hit, no doubt about it, but the 50 yarder in the wind and in the cold, i cant blame him for.

petegz28
12-14-2008, 09:37 PM
I don't have a problem calling him a 2nd year QB. That's true. But I also want everybody to recongize that Tyler has played less than 16 games in his career. Therefore, 16 games = 1 year of experience of playing time.

Thigy has played in a total of 13 games and only 9 as a starter.

1 of those games he passed the ball 6 times.

petegz28
12-14-2008, 09:38 PM
He probably did, but he nailed it. It just didnt happen. First one he should have hit, no doubt about it, but the 50 yarder in the wind and in the cold, i cant blame him for.

Agreed, Easier to forigive missing a 50 yard shot off of shitty grass in the cold and wind.

luv
12-14-2008, 09:38 PM

I ate my words today.

Upon missing first FG...

Dad: Can't believe he missed that. That's gonna come back and bite us.

Me: No way it will matter. We'll lose by more than a FG anyway. It's not like it's going to make or break the game.

:doh!:

kcxiv
12-14-2008, 09:39 PM

I just wish people would call him what he is. A 2nd year QB. That's all I'm saying. I know what you are trying to say, thats why i just say he's hasnt even started a whole season.

This all takes time. I like what i see from the kid. He's one of the reasons why i watch it. he's fun to watch and i think he's improving week to week. Not one person in the NFL or any of us fans thought he would be the QB this year. Hell, i bet he didnt either. He got thrown into a inferno and imo is handling it. We were not even competitive until he came on the scene.

suds79
12-14-2008, 09:39 PM
No. I would expect him to play like someone who never played in a real game.

You're saying No you wouldn't expect more from the 5 year vet?

Okay.. We clearly view time in the league differently then.

kcxiv
12-14-2008, 09:40 PM
Agreed, Easier to forigive missing a 50 yard shot off of shitty grass in the cold and wind.

Even Kaeding missed a pretty easy FG for him. So the conditions were a bit rough i am sure. 20 mile and hour winds is tough.

suds79
12-14-2008, 09:40 PM
I know what you are trying to say, thats why i just say he's hasnt even started a whole season.

I have no problem with that. :thumb:

petegz28
12-14-2008, 09:43 PM
You're saying No you wouldn't expect more from the 5 year vet?

Okay.. We clearly view time in the league differently then.

How can you expect much of anything from anyone who never played in a game? Regadless of how long they rode the bench or played on the practice squad?

I think what we view differently is what "time in the league" means.

suds79
12-14-2008, 09:49 PM
I think what we view differently is what "time in the league" means.

Agreed.

I think training camp, practice, meetings, film study, learning the playbook, years in and all that stuff accounts for some "time in the league" in helping make you better. You apparently do not.

Red Beans
12-14-2008, 09:50 PM
Wow of all the things that went wrong today...you say Thigpen isnt good enough?!? You are an idiot, go play in traffic.

Coach
12-14-2008, 09:53 PM
Agreed.

I think training camp, practice, meetings, film study, learning the playbook, years in and all that stuff accounts for some "time in the league" in helping make you better. You apparently do not.

You know, training camp, practice, meetings, film study, and learning the playbood does account to the 'time in the league' in helping making you better. But at the same time, you can't stimulate game situations in practice situations, because they both are completely different scenerios/situations.

suds79
12-14-2008, 09:57 PM
You know, training camp, practice, meetings, film study, and learning the playbood does account to the 'time in the league' in helping making you better. But at the same time, you can't stimulate game situations in practice situations, because they both are completely different scenerios/situations.

True. Not trying to say gametime experience isn't the most important part. I think it is.

Just saying those other things are also factors in development.

petegz28
12-14-2008, 09:57 PM
Agreed.

I understand what you are saying. But there is knowing what to do and then doing it. I would hope someone as you mention woul dnot run like Thigy did. But I can't say I would expect much better play though.

kcxiv
12-14-2008, 09:59 PM

It counts for something no doubt about it, but its still not real game speed. Not even practice simulates that. There is only 1 way for that.

kcxiv
12-14-2008, 10:00 PM
Wow of all the things that went wrong today...you say Thigpen isnt good enough?!? You are an idiot, go play in traffic.

Apparently its Thiggies fault that Rivers threw for over 400 yards. lol

Coach
12-14-2008, 10:01 PM
True. Not trying to say gametime experience isn't the most important part. I think it is.

Just saying those other things are also factors in development.

Sure, and I agree with you on the other things that does factor into development. Like the timing for QB's with receivers. That's important. Timing for offensive linemen to work together on their plays. That's important too. Timing is everything, and they do work on it during practices and other various things (Film, playbooks, etc)

But during game time, timing could be disrupted because in practice, most teams tend to go half-speed to not risk of a injury, with a occasional full speed practice. Plus, you are facing different type of players week in and week out. Preperations are different during week in and week out. etc.

boogblaster
12-14-2008, 10:18 PM
I disagree GoBoy .. yes Thiggy didn't have a good second half ... but you can't let a team score two touchdowns in the last five minutes ... that was on the defense and that is what cost us the game ...

kcxiv
12-14-2008, 10:25 PM
Shit, could you imagine if we had a half decent Oline.

Coach
12-14-2008, 10:26 PM

Well, we do have a half-decent line, on the left side. It's the right side that's the problem.

kcxiv
12-14-2008, 10:29 PM
Well, we do have a half-decent line, on the left side. It's the right side that's the problem.
They still suck ass overall though. We cant get any real running game from them. More often then not, there is a defender behind the LOS by the time our RB even gets the ball. Thats a HUGE problem. We dont get any push. That run to the outside by LJ where everyone was moaning about LJ sucking. Look at where Macnsuck took on his blocker, 2-3 yards behind the line on a fucking run. lol

OnTheWarpath15
12-14-2008, 10:29 PM

Hell, keep the shitty OL and give us an average defense.

7 of our losses have been by a combined total of 33 points.

luv
12-14-2008, 10:31 PM
Hell, keep the shitty OL and give us an average defense.

7 of our losses have been by a combined total of 33 points.

Agreed, but offense certainly didn't help today. What was it? Three first downs in the second half? Compared to 18 in the first half?

Coach
12-14-2008, 10:32 PM
Agreed, but offense certainly didn't help today. What was it? Three first downs in the second half? Compared to 18 in the first half?

But how much of this can be linked to conseritive playcalling? What I saw in the 2nd half, was nowhere near the level in the first half.

luv
12-14-2008, 10:36 PM
But how much of this can be linked to conseritive playcalling? What I saw in the 2nd half, was nowhere near the level in the first half.

Definitely had better decisions made in the first half. Not sure if conservatism was the major problem, though.

OnTheWarpath15
12-14-2008, 10:40 PM
Remember before this season started, and almost universally, people said that if Croyle threw for 2500 yards and had a 1/1 TD/INT ratio, they'd be satisfied?

Thigpen's going to do it in ELEVEN STARTS.

Yet people are busting his balls.

Brilliant.