PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs I know why it was like that but our crowd is embarrassing

KC kid
12-14-2008, 03:40 PM
How can it be so empty?

Fuck you Carl

kcpasco
12-14-2008, 03:41 PM
Did you even watch how the Chiefs pissed this game away.

Thats why the stands are so empty.

memyselfI
12-14-2008, 03:44 PM
We had four FREE tickets and gave them away. We were just too busy last week and next week to spend four hours sitting in the wind and cold for a losing football team.

It was hard to find someone to give the tickets to.

Deberg_1990
12-14-2008, 03:45 PM
Oh boy.....lets blame the fans again for our pathetic team. ROFL

Mr. Laz
12-14-2008, 03:45 PM
How can it be so empty?

Fuck you Carl

how are you posting from the stadium?

JuicesFlowing
12-14-2008, 03:46 PM
I wouldn't have gone to that game with a free ticket. Playoffs on the line, yes. The weather killed the attendance.

*Edit: Oh wait. The poor record also killed the attendance.

Bob Dole
12-14-2008, 03:46 PM
Bob Dole sure wouldn't spend his hard earned dollars to go sit in the cold and watch this shit.

blueballs
12-14-2008, 03:47 PM
Lay offs Lay offs
are you serious
Lay offs

KC kid
12-14-2008, 03:48 PM
I am not thinking it is the fans fault. I did not go either. Management has ruined a great football town. They need to make moves for PR sake alone

The Bad Guy
Who the fuck is spending their money during an economic crisis on this team?

KChiefs1
hopefully Clark is taking notice...

Fritz88
12-14-2008, 03:49 PM
It was hard to find someone to give the tickets too.

Man the Chiefs are pathetic this season..

Oh Snap
12-14-2008, 04:13 PM
2-11 team (now 2-12)...What the fuck do you expect?

blaise
12-14-2008, 04:16 PM
Why would anyone spend money to sit in freezing weather to watch a team that didn't even spend up to their cap limit a year after taxpayers ponied up for a stadium?

kcxiv
12-14-2008, 04:17 PM
How can it be so empty?

**** you Carl

Why werent you there then? Not many people want to freeze out in the cold and have to pay money for a 2-12 team. lol

KCinNY
12-14-2008, 04:53 PM
hopefully Clark is taking notice...

Nah...he can't be bothered with the Chiefs (as long as they provide him with a nice paycheck).

He's busy with his true passion...soccer.

JuicesFlowing
12-14-2008, 04:57 PM
Clark needs a few more years to assess the situation. Then, and only then, he can promote some cronies from within, thus continuing a tragic cycle of losing culture. But hey, Go MLS!!!!!

KCChiefsMan
12-14-2008, 05:06 PM
the stadium needs to be empty. The longer fans fill the stands the longer CP still has a job

BigRedChief
12-14-2008, 07:52 PM
Hey, the stadium was sold out.:)

We are stuck with King Carl and Hermfor one more year. We mights as well get used to it.

FloridaMan88
12-14-2008, 08:00 PM
Don Banks from SI.com took notice...

"Quite the non-crowd at the Chargers-Chiefs. Every time they showed a shot of the near-empty stands in Kansas City, it looked like Friends and Family day at Arrowhead Stadium.

Not that I don't understand. It was cold. And the Chargers and Chiefs owned a combined seven wins entering play."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/don_banks/12/14/week15.snaps/index.html?eref=T1

OnTheWarpath15
12-14-2008, 08:29 PM
You guys just don't get it.

Empty seats do NOT mean those tickets were not sold.

Clark and Carl made their money before the season ever started, regardless of how many seats are filled come Sunday.

Personally, in this economy, I think people are stupid for no-showing. It doesn't "send a message" other than "I'm willing to throw away $2000-$4000 a season to try to influence management's decisions."

You've already spent the money.

Go.

Go and raise hell.

Go and appreciate the play of the other team.

Get SOMETHING for your money.

Or look like a dumbass trying to prove a point that isn't going to impact anything...

Deberg_1990
12-14-2008, 08:31 PM
You guys just don't get it.

Empty seats do NOT mean those tickets were not sold.

True.

But no shows mean:

Less parking $$$
Less beer $$$
Less food $$$
Less souvenier $$$

It all adds up.

StcChief
12-14-2008, 08:38 PM
with the LAMBS blacked out here... it looked truely pathetic at Arrowhead.

and no crowd roar

chief52
12-14-2008, 08:42 PM
True.

But no shows mean:

Less parking $$$
Less beer $$$
Less food $$$
Less souvenier $$$

It all adds up.

Not to mention not re-upping for next season. Those empty seats indicate it is going to be harder than ever to sell season tickets for next year.

OnTheWarpath15
12-14-2008, 08:42 PM
True.

But no shows mean:

Less parking $$$
Less beer $$$
Less food $$$
Less souvenier $$$

It all adds up.

Over 90% of the parking was paid for in advance as well.

Trust me, what they are losing in concessions is minimal in the grand scheme of things.

To someone like us, a few hundred thousand sounds like a huge loss.

It isn't enough to force Clark's hand.

Don't think for a second that a drop in income wasn't calculated and planned for. If Clark had a problem with it, Carl would have won the power struggle this year, and Clark wouldn't have signed off on Herm and the rebuild.

Reerun_KC
12-14-2008, 08:43 PM
Not to mention not re-upping for next season. Those empty seats indicate it is going to be harder than ever to sell season tickets for next year.

I know many of my family members dumped them last year and the rest of us are done with Arrowhead until Carl and Herm are BOTH GONE!!!

ChiefsCountry
12-14-2008, 08:43 PM
2010 is the year everything falls into plan. Stadium renovations done and the team should be good again.

OnTheWarpath15
12-14-2008, 08:45 PM

That's what everyone said last year as well.

There will be people that don't renew, but not at the rate you expect.

They might lose another 5-10K like they did this year, but the vast majority will keep their seats because they have 20+ years of seniority, and are willing to wait out the darkness to keep that seniority when the team reaches the light.

You guys may not like it, but them's the facts.

chief52
12-14-2008, 08:49 PM
That's what everyone said last year as well.

There will be people that don't renew, but not at the rate you expect.

They might lose another 5-10K like they did this year, but the vast majority will keep their seats because they have 20+ years of seniority, and are willing to wait out the darkness to keep that seniority when the team reaches the light.

And if I had that much "seniority" and could afford it, I would ride it out as well. I understand that. But the economy in conjunction with the on field product is going to have a big effect on renewals I would guess.

gblowfish
12-14-2008, 09:16 PM
Clark is the ultimate soccer homo.

blueballs
12-14-2008, 09:22 PM
have some mac and cheese
a little Morgan David to wash it down
take a power nap

ChiefsCountry
12-14-2008, 09:24 PM
Season ticket sales are cash cow for the team, but if season tickets are low and the team gets hot, they will jack the single game tickets up to make up for it and probably more.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-14-2008, 09:24 PM
There will be a lot more members of this board looking for an online stream next year. Herm and Carl will positively finish out their contracts. Black outs are looming.

blueballs
12-14-2008, 09:30 PM
the lack of body heat
caused them to turn up the thermostat

12-14-2008, 09:34 PM
Over 90% of the parking was paid for in advance as well.

Trust me, what they are losing in concessions is minimal in the grand scheme of things.

To someone like us, a few hundred thousand sounds like a huge loss.

It isn't enough to force Clark's hand.

Don't think for a second that a drop in income wasn't calculated and planned for. If Clark had a problem with it, Carl would have won the power struggle this year, and Clark wouldn't have signed off on Herm and the rebuild.I could use one of those unused parking passes.

luv
12-14-2008, 09:39 PM
Sorry. I did the best I could.

Reerun_KC
12-14-2008, 09:48 PM
There will be a lot more members of this board looking for an online stream next year. Herm and Carl will positively finish out their contracts. Black outs are looming.

I know I will probably by the ticket again... Just because I get to watch what games I want....

But I will have family begging to use the slingbox next year...

gblowfish
12-14-2008, 09:52 PM
The only good thing about today was...
Hot Chocolate.
That hit the spot in the Third Quarter.

ChiefsCountry
12-14-2008, 09:54 PM
Hot Chocolate.

I agree - I had to indulge in that as well.

chief52
12-14-2008, 09:56 PM

There is absolutely no doubt that Herm and Carl will finish out their contracts. It amazes me that so many fans that follow the Chiefs do not fully understand that.

chief52
12-14-2008, 09:57 PM
Hot Chocolate.

I hope you were packin' a flask of snopps to add to your chocolate.

Coach
12-14-2008, 09:58 PM
Hot Chocolate.

Yes, for 4.50 motherfucking dollars! :eek:

luv
12-14-2008, 10:03 PM
Hot Chocolate.

My dad went to the restroom at halftime. I thought for sure he would bring back hot chocolate (he usually does when it's freezing like that). He didn't. :( Said he was going to, but the lines were too long. I would have when I went at the start of the 4th quarter, but I didn't have any cash.

12-14-2008, 10:04 PM
My dad went to the restroom at halftime. I thought for sure he would bring back hot chocolate (he usually does when it's freezing like that). He didn't. :( Said he was going to, but the lines were too long. I would have when I went at the start of the 4th quarter, but I didn't have any cash.wimp. heh

Are you going next week?

luv
12-14-2008, 10:06 PM
wimp. heh

Are you going next week?

Yep, and we invited denverdanchiefsfan to join our tailgate again. You going?

Bearcat
12-14-2008, 10:15 PM
Personally, in this economy, I think people are stupid for no-showing. It doesn't "send a message" other than "I'm willing to throw away $2000-$4000 a season to try to influence management's decisions."

You've already spent the money.

Go.

Go and raise hell.

Go and appreciate the play of the other team.

Get SOMETHING for your money.

Or look like a dumbass trying to prove a point that isn't going to impact anything...

It's a sunk cost. Yeah, buying season tickets and then not showing up so you can say 'that'll show Carl' is dumb, but you're wasting the money either way. Might as well not waste your time, too. It's entertainment, and if you don't think you can find something to entertain you while at the game, you shouldn't go.

That said, I have tickets for next week and plan on going, but they're free, I haven't gone all season, and I'm meeting up with friends I haven't seen in a while. I'd be okay with leaving at halftime though. ;)

Dr. Johnny Fever
12-14-2008, 10:17 PM
I was offered a free front row tickets for any game (s) I wanted to go to this year by a good friend with season tix. I've never gone to one. Part of it is because I'm 4 hours away. But if I cared to see this abortion of a franchise at all I'd have gone at least once. I have nothing left in me for the Chiefs and it's been that way for a couple years now.

Bearcat
12-14-2008, 10:17 PM
Yep, and we invited denverdanchiefsfan to join our tailgate again. You going?

That's cool... where do you tailgate? Who do you tailgate with? I'm hoping to at least see FDE. I was at BRC's (irrc) last year.

Bearcat
12-14-2008, 10:18 PM
I was offered a free front row tickets for any game (s) I wanted to go to this year by a good friend with season tix. I've never gone to one. Part of it is because I'm 4 hours away. But if I cared to see this abortion of a franchise at all I'd have gone at least once. I have nothing left in me for the Chiefs and it's been that way for a couple years now.

How is Jazzzzzz these days? I never took her up on that offer either, but I'm 800 miles away.

DomerNKC
12-14-2008, 10:18 PM
with the LAMBS blacked out here... it looked truely pathetic at Arrowhead.

and no crowd roarThe word is truly. It was actually louder than I expected. The crowd war was amazing considering the conditions. It must look different from the cheap seats...

luv
12-14-2008, 10:19 PM
It's a sunk cost. Yeah, buying season tickets and then not showing up so you can say 'that'll show Carl' is dumb, but you're wasting the money either way. Might as well not waste your time, too. It's entertainment, and if you don't think you can find something to entertain you while at the game, you shouldn't go.

That said, I have tickets for next week and plan on going, but they're free, I haven't gone all season, and I'm meeting up with friends I haven't seen in a while. I'd be okay with leaving at halftime though. ;)

Our section won the Chiefs-n-Chopper tailgate package. :D

And who doesn't have hilarious stories from tailgating? Or is that just the group I go with?

Dr. Johnny Fever
12-14-2008, 10:20 PM
How is Jazzzzzz these days? I never took her up on that offer either, but I'm 800 miles away.

She's good. Texting her actually as we speak.

You know things are bad whne SHE doesn't even go to one game all year. Sold all her tix.

luv
12-14-2008, 10:22 PM
That's cool... where do you tailgate? Who do you tailgate with? I'm hoping to at least see FDE. I was at BRC's (irrc) last year.

F24 by the crosswalk. Me, dad, a couple of friends of his with season tickets, and whoever else they know who's going to the game. We've had a few planeteers wander by, but not too many. You going?

Bearcat
12-14-2008, 10:22 PM
She's good. Texting her actually as we speak.

You know things are bad whne SHE doesn't even go to one game all year. Sold all her tix.

Well, tell her hi....

Wow, I'm probably more surprised that she sold all of them... and that's not a knock on her 'true fandom'.

Bearcat
12-14-2008, 10:24 PM
F24 by the crosswalk. Me, dad, a couple of friends of his with season tickets, and whoever else they know who's going to the game. We've had a few planeteers wander by, but not too many. You going?

Yep... first and only time this year.

luv
12-14-2008, 10:29 PM
Yep... first and only time this year.

Well, you'll have to stop by, or at least tell me where you're sitting.

Bearcat
12-14-2008, 10:34 PM
Well, you'll have to stop by, or at least tell me where you're sitting.

Okay, I haven't tailgated with them in a while, so I don't remember where they're at, but I should be able to stop by.

It's section 135/136.. something like that.

luv
12-14-2008, 10:39 PM
Okay, I haven't tailgated with them in a while, so I don't remember where they're at, but I should be able to stop by.

Ah, sound like you'd be about across from us. We're in 122.

luv
12-14-2008, 10:41 PM

Also, if you decide you can stop by the tailgate, look for a yellow, red, and white striped van along the road by the crosswalk. That's where we'll be.

Saulbadguy
12-14-2008, 10:43 PM
how are you posting from the stadium?

Not to get too off topic but it is fairly easy these days to post from a mobile phone.

12-14-2008, 10:47 PM
Yep, and we invited denverdanchiefsfan to join our tailgate again. You going?Unless something backfires I will be going. AND looking for a tailgate to attend.

luv
12-14-2008, 10:52 PM
Unless something backfires I will be going. AND looking for a tailgate to attend.

Cool. You know where to find us, and we've always got room and food for everyone!

Guess I should get to bed. Work in the morning, and there will be de-icing to do on my car.

12-14-2008, 10:55 PM
Cool. You know where to find us, and we've always got room and food for everyone!

Guess I should get to bed. Work in the morning, and there will be de-icing to do on my car.ONe of these days too many people will show up and eat all your food. :)

Wait, its the Chiefs. Never mind that. You won't have to worry about it at all. ROFL

luv
12-15-2008, 09:16 AM
Hot Chocolate.

Thinking a little more about this, I'd have to say I also liked when they honored Willie Roaf.

ping2000
12-15-2008, 10:10 AM
How can it be so FULL?

**** you Carl

FYP

BigChiefFan
12-15-2008, 10:15 AM
The fans are sending a message-Clark, are you receiving?

OnTheWarpath15
12-15-2008, 10:21 AM
The fans are sending a message-Clark, are you receiving?

:spock:

What message are they sending?

That they are willing to spend $2000-$4000 on tickets and then not use them, trying to make a point?

You're naive to think that no-shows are going to impact Clark Hunt's decision making in the slightest. Ticket money has been in his hands since May. Parking money has been in his hands since May.

He's losing out on some concession money, which in the grand scheme of things, isn't that big of a deal. Don't think for a second that a drop-off in attendance wasn't both expected and planned for.

If Clark Hunt had any concerns about losing a few hundred thousand dollars a week in concessions, Carl Peterson would have won the power struggle, and the idea of Herm and the rebuild would have been nixed.

Instead, the exact opposite happened.

Brock
12-15-2008, 10:21 AM
When has this team ever -EVER- cared what the fans thought about anything? Have you read a Rufus Dawes column lately?

gblowfish
12-15-2008, 10:55 AM
Pic from KC Star of Willie Roaf halftime. Not many people came back to their seats at the start of the 2nd half, either...

CoMoChief
12-15-2008, 11:01 AM
Who the **** is spending their money during an economic crisis on this team?

The fuckin morons.

Unlike previous seasons. The past 2 I havent paid a dime, except gas to go to a local bar if the game isn't being covered in Columbia, then I gotta go somewhere with Sunday ticket.

CoMoChief
12-15-2008, 11:02 AM
Pic from KC Star of Willie Roaf halftime. Not many people came back to their seats at the start of the 2nd half, either...

What a shame, Roaf deserved better than that. Im sure he was thinking WTF? But I dont blame the people. Fans who pay to watch this shit are morons.

Agent V
12-15-2008, 11:07 AM
Every year my family goes to the Chiefs game closest to Christmas. We have a nice three-day trip, I don't have to go to work the Monday after, and we head to the Plaza and shop and all that good stuff. Christmas traditions are important to me, especially getting to spend time with family and all.

Just got a call from my dad, who tells me nobody wants to go with the exception of my brother. He said sullenly that if I REALLY wanted to go, he might go with my brother and I, but we'd go down saturday and leave for home on sunday right after the game. This franchise has been driven so far into the ground that my own family, the ones who got me into the Chiefs since I was a toddler, couldn't give a rat's ass about our holiday game.

F**k you Carl Peterson.
F**k you Herman Edwards.
F**k you Gunther Cunningham.
F**k you Clark Hunt.

Merry Christmas. Kiss my ass.

*end of totally uncalled for rant.

Rooster
12-15-2008, 11:11 AM

This is Chiefs Planet. Facts and rational thinking are not popular.

KCUnited
12-15-2008, 11:17 AM
Heavily buzzed, extremely well fed fucking moron here who watched a half of good football only to see my team blow a meaningless win in the last 2 minutes. Perfect, especially seeing the Chargers fans huddled together in the shitter to keep warm.