the Talking Can
12-15-2008, 08:48 AM

Deberg_1990
12-15-2008, 08:50 AM
KC's Backup QB of the Future!

Delano
12-15-2008, 08:52 AM
KC's Backup QB of the Future!

If KC drafts Stafford, Thigpen is great trade bait.

InChiefsHeaven
12-15-2008, 08:56 AM
whats he got to say?

Hoover
12-15-2008, 09:00 AM
Said he plays to win the game.

the Talking Can
12-15-2008, 09:01 AM
not much, pretty cliche stuff..he took responsibility for his mistakes, said he forced the int, wouldn't bite on the Herm questions....sounds like a pretty standup guy...

the hosts took a shot a bowe, thanked Thigpen for being willing to talk "unlike other players on the team"...then said something about "not having balls" before the break...

Hoover
12-15-2008, 09:02 AM
I'd be pumped if Thigpen was out backup, I like the kid but if we can draft a potential franchise QB we need to do it, unless its Carl and Herm making that decision.

Earthling
12-15-2008, 09:07 AM
I don't know..maybe its just me but I like the kid. I really like the idea of a mobile quarterback. Once the pieces start to fit better I would have no problems with Thigpin as our franchise quarterback.. Hard to tell really with all the rookies we have playing this year..

the Talking Can
12-15-2008, 09:10 AM
Dawson is on right now

Hoover
12-15-2008, 09:13 AM
I don't have a problem with him. I look at him much like Romo in Dallas who was undrafted with similar builds. I'm rooting for the kid.

Earthling
12-15-2008, 09:15 AM
I don't have a problem with him. I look at him much like Romo in Dallas who was undrafted with similar builds. I'm rooting for the kid.

:toast:

CoMoChief
12-15-2008, 09:17 AM
If KC drafts Stafford, Thigpen is great trade bait.

ROFL for what? A case of beer?

BigRedChief
12-15-2008, 09:18 AM
I'd be pumped if Thigpen was out backup, I like the kid but if we can draft a potential franchise QB we need to do it, unless its Carl and Herm making that decision.
why can't it be both and let them battle it out. Competition is not a dettrement to this team. No way has Thigpin sewn up the QOTF tag with anyone. And if they view him as "the" QOTF then they are mistaken. He "might" be but he not defintely "the" one.

Earthling
12-15-2008, 09:22 AM
why can't it be both and let them battle it out. Competition is not a dettrement to this team. No way has Thigpin sewn up the QOTF tag with anyone. And if they view him as "the" QOTF then they are mistaken. He "might" be but he not defintely "the" one.

Agreed; as much as I do like Thigpin.

Deberg_1990
12-15-2008, 09:22 AM
Dawson is on right now

He wont say anything negative towards management.

petegz28
12-15-2008, 09:23 AM
Thigpen has perfomed much better than expected. Are you fuckers really telling me you expect a 3rd string QB to come out and play like he has? Sersiously?

Deberg_1990
12-15-2008, 09:32 AM
Thigpen has perfomed much better than expected. Are you ****ers really telling me you expect a 3rd string QB to come out and play like he has? Sersiously?

You just answered your own question. Thigpen is what he is.

No. Hes played over his head.

Chiefnj2
12-15-2008, 09:33 AM
It's going to be great around mid October of 2009 when Stafford (in Chiefs uni) starts to struggle and everyone on the Planet is calling for Thigpen to start.

Hoover
12-15-2008, 09:36 AM
He's been a bright spot and has a future with this team. It would be foolish however to pass on a top QB prospect however.

Deberg_1990
12-15-2008, 09:39 AM
He's been a bright spot and has a future with this team. It would be foolish however to pass on a top QB prospect however.

That.

Thank You.

the Talking Can
12-15-2008, 09:49 AM
damn kc fans are dumb

one called in saying the pats would get rid of brady, another just called and said we should sign Vick

the only interesting thing is that Dawson seems pretty cool on Herm and Clark, he kept saying that Clark is unavailable, always in Dallas, and no one knows what he thinks...sounded irritated by it....

DeezNutz
12-15-2008, 09:52 AM

Oh noes!!! But Ryan Leaf!!! Oh noes!!!

Here's a question for the Planet: Would you choose one more year of Herm if you'd never have to hear the True Fan's take again, or would you prefer for Herm to go and for True Fan to run wild?

Hoover
12-15-2008, 09:59 AM
I think Carl and Herm are gone.

Its a business decision, pure and simple.

1. The Organization has to find a way to sell more tickets next season, draft picks and a FA will not lead to ticket sales, like a new HC and GM would.

2. This team has new facilities, will have an updated stadium, new training camp facilities, a ton of cap room, a bunch of solid young players, and a top 5 draft pick. We can keep Carl for his final year and watch his leave after what would be at best a 8-8 year, or we can attract a new GM and HC with all the mentioned positives listed above. We will not have those next year.

Plus lets look at who will be looking to get a new HC after the season

Seahawks
St. Louis
Detroit
Cleveland
San Fran
San Diago
Raiders

I think KC would be the best job out there IMO

BigChiefFan
12-15-2008, 10:00 AM
I like Thiggy-he takes responsibilty for his actions and doesn't make excuses-that being said, no way should we put all of our eggs in one basket.

Deberg_1990
12-15-2008, 10:02 AM

Why do you think that?? The Chiefs are equally as bad if not worse than those teams.

DeezNutz
12-15-2008, 10:04 AM

1. The Organization has to find a way to sell more tickets next season, draft picks and a FA will not lead to ticket sales, like a new HC and GM would.

2. This team has new facilities, will have an updated stadium, new training camp facilities, a ton of cap room, a bunch of solid young players, and a top 5 draft pick. We can keep Carl for his final year and watch his leave after what would be at best a 8-8 year, or we can attract a new GM and HC with all the mentioned positives listed above. We will not have those next year.

Seahawks
St. Louis
Detroit
Cleveland
San Fran
San Diago
Raiders

San Diego would be #1 because of location and weather. Seattle would likely be a strong #2.

BigChiefFan
12-15-2008, 10:04 AM
Seattle is most likely the best job out there next year. KC, depending on if ownership wants to spend money or not, could be considered a decent job.

Brock
12-15-2008, 10:06 AM
San Diego would be #1 because of location and weather. Seattle would likely be a strong #2.

San Diego is not a highly sought after job, never has been. Neither is Seattle, other than the fact that the owner has more money than anyone else.

Priest4Prez
12-15-2008, 10:06 AM
2 words: Michael Crabtree. Thiggy is good enough to start, the oline is almost there, the running game will be pretty good when everyone is healthy, and you throw Crabtree into the passing game with Bowe and Gonzo you have a pretty explosive offense.

On the other hand, you could pass up on a QB and trade away the 1st to get a couple potential pass rushers. Hali is solid, he just needs another DE to take the pressure off him. Dorsey is improving. Linebacker corps would be better healthy, but they need a big time LB with DJ. Donnie is also getting old. And the chiefs are set in the secondary. Get a decent pass rush, and this defense has the potential to be top 15 next year.

Passing on the "QBOTF" is a safer bet, and the quicker way to get back to winning.

Hoover
12-15-2008, 10:08 AM
I have KC as the top job because we offer a new admin the most flexibility in terms of cap space, draft picks and young talent.

San Diago will always be attractive due to weather, and Seattle will always be nice because they have a great owner. I'm looking at who have the best opportunity to turn a team around quickly in to a regular contender. KC.

Brock
12-15-2008, 10:08 AM
Passing on the "QBOTF" is a safer bet, and the quicker way to get back to winning.

another true fan.

BigChiefFan
12-15-2008, 10:09 AM
San Diego is not a highly sought after job, never has been. Neither is Seattle, other than the fact that the owner has more money than anyone else.GM's and coaches, usually LIKE the owners that will go out and get them players. Seattle's the best job out there next year, IMO.

DeezNutz
12-15-2008, 10:10 AM
San Diego is not a highly sought after job, never has been. Neither is Seattle, other than the fact that the owner has more money than anyone else.

I know what you mean, but who wouldn't want to live in SD if he/she were going to be making serious $$$?

OnTheWarpath15
12-15-2008, 10:10 AM

Seahawks
St. Louis
Detroit
Cleveland
San Fran
San Diago
Raiders

Seattle is most likely the best job out there next year. KC, depending on if ownership wants to spend money or not, could be considered a decent job.

Seattle doesn't have an opening.

It was announced before the season ever started that Jim Mora Jr. would be the HC after Holmgren left.

triple
12-15-2008, 10:11 AM
it's not "Thigpin".

i mean WTF, cant spell your team's QB's name?

BigChiefFan
12-15-2008, 10:12 AM
2 words: Michael Crabtree. Thiggy is good enough to start, the oline is almost there, the running game will be pretty good when everyone is healthy, and you throw Crabtree into the passing game with Bowe and Gonzo you have a pretty explosive offense.

On the other hand, you could pass up on a QB and trade away the 1st to get a couple potential pass rushers. Hali is solid, he just needs another DE to take the pressure off him. Dorsey is improving. Linebacker corps would be better healthy, but they need a big time LB with DJ. Donnie is also getting old. And the chiefs are set in the secondary. Get a decent pass rush, and this defense has the potential to be top 15 next year.

Passing on the "QBOTF" is a safer bet, and the quicker way to get back to winning.Michael Crabtree is nothing more than a possession receiver at the next level. We already have PLENTY of those types-we need a speed reciever, to spread the field and open up the offense for us. Crabtree isn't that player.

OnTheWarpath15
12-15-2008, 10:15 AM

There's no such thing as a QB competition between a 7th round draft pick and a kid they just gave $55M in guaranteed money.

All it does is delay the inevitable. A draft pick simply makes too much money not to eventually be handed the job, whether he deserves it or not. Yes, Jamarcus Russell, I'm talking to you.

If you draft a QB high, then play him - but let's not act like there would actually be an honest competition.

Brock
12-15-2008, 10:15 AM
Seattle doesn't have an opening.

It was announced before the season ever started that Jim Mora Jr. would be the HC after Holmgren left.

They may change their mind.

Hoover
12-15-2008, 10:16 AM
Another WR would be a luxury for this team.

I think we wither go QB or DEFENSE in round one. We need to improve our front seven.

triple
12-15-2008, 10:17 AM
I do not believe Carl Peterson would take a QB with the #2 or #3 pick anyway.

He wouldn't want to pay anyone what they would be slotted at in those spots, let alone pay the QB premium that goes along with it.

Because a JaMarcus Bustell-like holdout would be embarrassing to him personally he'd probably just trade down

Brock
12-15-2008, 10:18 AM
GM's and coaches, usually LIKE the owners that will go out and get them players. Seattle's the best job out there next year, IMO.

Detroit spends a lot of money too.

Hoover
12-15-2008, 10:20 AM
And they are owned by the Fords. Advantage Chiefs

Hoover
12-15-2008, 10:21 AM
Look if the Chiefs go Defense or QB in round one I'll be happy. Just get a play maker.

OnTheWarpath15
12-15-2008, 10:22 AM
They may change their mind.

That would be a real selling point to a new coach, wouldn't it?

Yeah, we made a promise to Mora, but fuck him.

BigChiefFan
12-15-2008, 10:23 AM
Let's see... Seattle or Detroit, Seattle or Detroit. Decisions, decisions. I think it's no brainer, Seahawks win in a landslide.

PastorMikH
12-15-2008, 10:23 AM
I like what I see in Thiggy. But if Bradford were on the board when we pick, I'd be pretty upset that we didn't take him.

Play Thigpen next year, Let Bradford develop. If Thiggy turns out to be a stud Brady-type starter, we keep the best between he and Bradford and trade the other for a couple of high draft picks (Really high picks).

Brock
12-15-2008, 10:24 AM
That would be a real selling point to a new coach, wouldn't it?

Yeah, we made a promise to Mora, but **** him.

The only selling point they need is the truckload of money, which they have plenty of.

Brock
12-15-2008, 10:25 AM
Let's see... Seattle or Detroit, Seattle or Detroit. Decisions, decisions. I think it's no brainer, Seahawks win in a landslide.

Uh, why? You should certainly be able to see that Detroit has players with long term potential, moreso than Seattle does. Other than you get to coach in a shitty division.

FringeNC
12-15-2008, 10:43 AM

Seahawks
St. Louis
Detroit
Cleveland
San Fran
San Diago
Raiders

Clark has some big decisions to make. The Chiefs have one of the higher ticket prices in the league in one of the smaller markets in the league with a team that is terrible and a coach and a GM who are loathed by the fans, and we're in a recession to boot. There is a real chance season ticket sales could collapse. Has anyone heard any rumors about renewal rates? Also, Herm's contract is up at the end of next year, but if he extends Edwards, that may be the final straw for a lot of STHs. If he doesn't, Herm's coaching without a contract.

I'm guessing that Clark is going to double down on Herm, and give him an extension. I think Clark has bought into Herm's BS.

HC_Chief
12-15-2008, 10:46 AM
2 words: Michael Crabtree.

I agree, IF he enters the draft. He is just a sophomore.

the Talking Can
12-15-2008, 10:59 AM
Lenny asked if the Chiefs can stick with the pistol moving forward

"No..."

Bowser
12-15-2008, 11:19 AM
If we take Crabtree and leave Johnson/Orakpo on the board, someone has to die (and I say this knowing what a great college player this kid is).

crazycoffey
12-15-2008, 11:27 AM
Lenny asked if the Chiefs can stick with the pistol moving forward

"No..."

that was thiggy's response?

BigChiefFan
12-15-2008, 11:27 AM
Uh, why? You should certainly be able to see that Detroit has players with long term potential, moreso than Seattle does. Other than you get to coach in a shitty division.
One organization is a PERENIAL LOSER, the other one isn't. I'll let you guess which team.

Brock
12-15-2008, 11:30 AM
One organization is a PERENIAL LOSER, the other one isn't. I'll let you guess which team.

That means nothing. The things any coaching candidate would look at would be money, long term potential of the players, and the team management in no particular order. The history of the team is irrelevant, otherwise coaches would be lining up to coach the 49ers.

BigChiefFan
12-15-2008, 11:35 AM
That means nothing. The things any coaching candidate would look at would be money, long term potential of the players, and the team management in no particular order. The history of the team is irrelevant, otherwise coaches would be lining up to coach the 49ers.
I disagree. They've breeded a loser's mentality and it shows-we have the same thing in Kansas City. I'm not saying that a great coach and GM, with sound decisions, couldn't turn it around. However, it's hardly the glam job your making it out to be. Right now, which is what we are discussing-they are BRANDED as a LOSER ORGANIZATION. No two ways about.

Brock
12-15-2008, 11:41 AM
I disagree. They've breeded a loser's mentality and it shows-we have the same thing in Kansas City. I'm not saying that a great coach and GM, with sound decisions, couldn't turn it around. However, it's hardly the glam job your making it out to be. Right now, which is what we are discussing-they are BRANDED as a LOSER ORGANIZATION. No two ways about.

I didn't say it was a "glam job", whatever that means. I'm saying no coach worth having would care what the team's record over the last decade or more has been. They would be looking at how quickly they can get it turned around, which is dependent on the existing roster, and the upcoming draft position. The Lions are in better position in both aspects.

CoMoChief
12-15-2008, 11:43 AM

Seahawks
St. Louis
Detroit
Cleveland
San Fran
San Diago
Raiders

Over uber-talented SD?

CoMoChief
12-15-2008, 11:47 AM
I didn't say it was a "glam job", whatever that means. I'm saying no coach worth having would care what the team's record over the last decade or more has been. They would be looking at how quickly they can get it turned around, which is dependent on the existing roster, and the upcoming draft position. The Lions are in better position in both aspects.

Lions exsisting roster outside maybe 2 players is Dogshit.

Thats Ernie Sims and Clavin Johnson

And I dont think the deciding factor would be whether a coach is going to get a 4th overall pick over a 1st overall pick.

Brock
12-15-2008, 11:47 AM

As usual, I know I'm right because you disagree. When was the last time you were right about anything?

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-15-2008, 11:52 AM

Tell that to Rain Man, Baby Lee, and all the other "we can't lose this week, it will ruin our players" fans out there.

Hoover
12-15-2008, 11:54 AM
Over uber-talented SD?
Sure SD has talent but its aging.

LT isn't the RB he once was, their Defense isn't very good. Your argument 2 or 3 years ago was valid but they are going the wrong direction.

CoMoChief
12-15-2008, 11:55 AM
As usual, I know I'm right because you disagree. When was the last time you were right about anything?

Is that really your argument ROFL ?

You're the one saying the Lions are in a better position than the Chiefs as far as coaching prospects debating which is a better gig And yet they've (DET)been drafting top 10 for the past half century it seems like and no coach there has yet to succeed.

And I'm the one that's wrong?

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-15-2008, 11:55 AM

And I dont think the deciding factor would be whether a coach is going to get a 4th overall pick over a 1st overall pick.

Cliff Avril, Leigh Bodden, Gosder Cherilus, Shaun Cody, Corey Redding, and Kevin Smith are all good players or will become very good players.

the Talking Can
12-15-2008, 11:58 AM
that was thiggy's response?

no, that was lenny's answer..he doesn't believe you can run out of it

CoMoChief
12-15-2008, 12:00 PM
Sure SD has talent but its aging.

LT isn't the RB he once was, their Defense isn't very good. Your argument 2 or 3 years ago was valid but they are going the wrong direction.

LT is still LT. He's played hurt this whole season. Doesn't mean he can't be what he once was. IMO he hasn't lost a step. He's still very dangerous.

Norv is hurting them. He's never been a good HC. But the talent is there and they have enough to make a SB run,

They just wont do it til Norv's gone.

Hoover
12-15-2008, 12:07 PM
LT is still LT. He's played hurt this whole season. Doesn't mean he can't be what he once was. IMO he hasn't lost a step. He's still very dangerous.

Norv is hurting them. He's never been a good HC. But the talent is there and they have enough to make a SB run,

LT wasn't that great last year there window is closing.

Brock
12-15-2008, 12:09 PM
LT has lost a step and is on his way down. Letting Michael Turner go was a huge mistake for the Chargers.

CoMoChief
12-15-2008, 12:11 PM
LT has lost a step and is on his way down. Letting Michael Turner go was a huge mistake for the Chargers.

I dont think hes lost a step.

But yes, letting Turner go was a retarded mistake.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-15-2008, 12:11 PM

He's a 29 year old running back. We've seen this story play out before. He's done.

Brock
12-15-2008, 12:14 PM
I dont think hes lost a step.

But yes, letting Turner go was a retarded mistake.

Come on, he's never going to be what he was. All things come to an end.

OnTheWarpath15
12-15-2008, 12:15 PM
LT wasn't that great last year there window is closing.

:spock:

Their core is still pretty young.

Cason, 22
Castillo, 25
Cooper, 29
Cromartie, 24
Gates, 28
Offensive Line, 25, 27, 27, 32, 25
Jackson, 25
Jammer, 29
Kaeding, 26
Merriman, 24
Olshansky, 26
Phillips, 27
Rivers, 27
Sproles, 25
Weddle, 23

If they had a competent HC, they would be a contender for the next 5+ years.

BigChiefFan
12-15-2008, 12:18 PM
I thought paying big money for a top tier FA wasn't the way to go like the Falcons did with Turner?:D

ChiefsCountry
12-15-2008, 12:19 PM
Cliff Avril, Leigh Bodden, Gosder Cherilus, Shaun Cody, Corey Redding, and Kevin Smith are all good players or will become very good players.

Lions need Michael Oher and Matt Cassel.

CoMoChief
12-15-2008, 12:21 PM
He's a 29 year old running back. We've seen this story play out before. He's done.

Tell that to Curtis Martin.

CoMoChief
:spock:

Their core is still pretty young.

Cason, 22
Castillo, 25
Cooper, 29
Cromartie, 24
Gates, 28
Offensive Line, 25, 27, 27, 32, 25
Jackson, 25
Jammer, 29
Kaeding, 26
Merriman, 24
Olshansky, 26
Phillips, 27
Rivers, 27
Sproles, 25
Weddle, 23

If they had a competent HC, they would be a contender for the next 5+ years.

THANK YOU. I was waiting on someone to do this so I wouldnt have to REP!!!

'Hamas' Jenkins
Lions need Michael Oher and Matt Cassel.

Yes. Yes they do.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-15-2008, 12:24 PM
Tell that to Curtis Martin.

Edgerrin James
Shaun Alexander
Earl Campbell
Gale Sayers
Eddie George
Ahman Green

Demonpenz
12-15-2008, 12:26 PM
I wonder what olshansky is going to bench when he is at his strongest in his life. He will probably just put the cananda and mexico on both sides of the bar bell and press it so hard it wraps around the moon

CoMoChief
12-15-2008, 12:45 PM

I thought Redding was traded to NYJ?

CoMoChief
12-15-2008, 12:47 PM
Edgerrin James
Shaun Alexander
Earl Campbell
Gale Sayers
Eddie George
Ahman Green

Odds say that once you hit 30 its all over. However SD Oline, esp the left side hasn't played well this season. I don't think thats all LT's fault. What I'm talking about is that LT doesn't look any slower etc, than he was a few seasons ago.

kcxiv
12-15-2008, 12:48 PM
I like what I see in Thiggy. But if Bradford were on the board when we pick, I'd be pretty upset that we didn't take him.

Play Thigpen next year, Let Bradford develop. If Thiggy turns out to be a stud Brady-type starter, we keep the best between he and Bradford and trade the other for a couple of high draft picks (Really high picks).

The thing is if we pick 2nd or 3rd we have to start him from the outset. There is no reason to let him develop sitting on the bench if we pick him that high. Gotta throw him into the fire.

Fritz88
12-15-2008, 01:00 PM
Said he plays to win the game.

That's what Herm says. Great.

Brock
12-15-2008, 01:02 PM
I thought Redding was traded to NYJ?

No. Care to re-evaluate?

melbar
12-15-2008, 01:13 PM
I think Thigpen basically as a rookie that started a few games in after running with the 3rd string in camp has shown a bright future. The line play has sucked and I think he would flurish with a running game in front of him. Andre Smith, or Oher could come in at LT and we would upgrade 2 positions on the line by moving Albert to RT or G where he would be dominant. Dont get me wrong, I think he has done well and can definately be a solid LT (one of the 2 decent linemen we have now), but those guys would be in their natural positions and he would move back to his. Mike Johnson would also be nice as our Defense needs a rusher. J M O, but I think Thigpen could lead this team well if we could improve the core. If we draft QB in the first, We have to develop someone who hasnt played in the NFL behind a still suspect line and league worst pass rush. Maybe we get the rookies later in the draft, hopefully we bring in a solid Veteran, but why not improve around a QB who has done everything asked of him in a diffucult situation?

melbar
12-15-2008, 01:14 PM
The thing is if we pick 2nd or 3rd we have to start him from the outset. There is no reason to let him develop sitting on the bench if we pick him that high. Gotta throw him into the fire.

Ya, and what he said too...

melbar
12-15-2008, 01:16 PM
THANK YOU. I was waiting on someone to do this so I wouldnt have to REP!!!

Another great core that Marty built. From the lines out.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-15-2008, 02:00 PM
Another great core that Marty built. From the lines out.

Not even close. AJ Smith built that team.

blaise
12-15-2008, 02:44 PM
And AJ Smith gets a lot of the blame for hiring Norv Turner, too.

Thig Lyfe
12-15-2008, 02:56 PM
no, that was lenny's answer..he doesn't believe you can run out of it

It feels like LJ has been doing his most consistent running out of the pistol...

the Talking Can
12-15-2008, 02:59 PM
It feels like LJ has been doing his most consistent running out of the pistol...

he ran for 55 yards and barely averaged 3 yards per carry

he looks slow and uninterested to me, plus it takes him an hour to get to the line of scrimmage sometimes...

not a good match

Boris The Great
12-15-2008, 03:05 PM
Not even close. AJ Smith built that team.

Their drafts (and draft-day decision making) have been dogshit since Marty left. It cant be a coincidence.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-15-2008, 03:06 PM
LJ has broken 3.8 YPC once since running out of the pistol, and that was the Buffalo game, where he had 7 carries.

His YPC are as follows

That fucking sucks.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-15-2008, 03:07 PM
Their drafts (and draft-day decision making) have been dogshit since Marty left. It cant be a coincidence.

Marty never had any control over player personnel, and was fired for wanting some. How then, can he get any of the credit for player evaluation when he had none of it in SD?

Boris The Great
12-15-2008, 03:15 PM
Marty never had any control over player personnel, and was fired for wanting some. How then, can he get any of the credit for player evaluation when he had none of it in SD?

Marty was fired when he tried to hire his brother as defensive coordinator. And who said Marty had no control over decisions? AJ Smith?

Marty may not have been running things, but he surely had a voice. And without that voice, like I said, the Chargers last two drafts have looked like dogshit. I know two years isnt a long time to judge players, but Buster Davis? And it doesnt take a lot of time to know that they gave up waaaaaaay too much for Eric Weddle.

Brock
12-15-2008, 03:16 PM
Marty was fired when he tried to hire his brother as defensive coordinator. And who said Marty had no control over decisions? AJ Smith?

Marty may not have been running things, but he surely had a voice. And without that voice, like I said, the Chargers last two drafts have looked like dogshit. I know two years isnt a long time to judge players, but Buster Davis? And it doesnt take a lot of time to know that they gave up waaaaaaay too much for Eric Weddle.

It's a fair point.

Thig Lyfe
12-15-2008, 03:29 PM
LJ has broken 3.8 YPC once since running out of the pistol, and that was the Buffalo game, where he had 7 carries.

His YPC are as follows

That fucking sucks.

Yeah, but it's consistent!

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-15-2008, 03:34 PM

Did everyone suddenly forget Marty's drafting record in KC from about 1991-97?

Harvey Williams
Joe Valerio
Tim Barnett
Darren Mickell
Matt Blundin
Greg Hill
Donnell Bennett
Chris Penn
Trezelle Jenkins

All first day picks.

Boris The Great
12-15-2008, 03:48 PM
Did everyone suddenly forget Marty\'s drafting record in KC from about 1991-97?
Where did I say two words about Martys drafts in KC? The topic was San Diego. We have heard all about how AJ Smith built that roster, his great eye for talent, yadda yadda yadda.

But now Marty isnt there and suddenly Smith doesnt seem like a genius anymore. Suddenly his eye isnt as good as it used to be. It isnt a big leap to say maybe Marty deserves a little more credit than he was getting.

It doesnt mean Marty is an infallible draft genius who is never wrong.

BigMeatballDave
12-15-2008, 04:03 PM
Did everyone suddenly forget Marty's drafting record in KC from about 1991-97?

Harvey Williams
Joe Valerio
Tim Barnett
Darren Mickell
Matt Blundin
Greg Hill
Donnell Bennett
Chris Penn
Trezelle Jenkins

All first day picks.Hey, those are some quality picks...

ROFL