PDA

View Full Version : Food and Drink Your homemade macaroni & cheese recipes please.......

Kylo Ren
12-15-2008, 11:03 AM
I don't have a good mac & cheese recipe. When I make it, it's runny or oily from the cheese or, most usually, it's just flavorless. :Lin: I'd like to kick it up a notch. I'd like to make some mac & cheese with some flavor! Any sure fire recipes out there?

Mr. Plow
12-15-2008, 11:07 AM
Mix in some crumbled up bacon.

Mr. Kotter
12-15-2008, 11:13 AM
Kraft. Make a box. Throw in 1-2 ounce chunk of Velveeta for good measure.

Sprinkle salt, peper, Tabasco, ketchup....to suit taste.

That's how my four kids like it when they fix it....

As for me, I prefer this:

INGREDIENTS (Nutrition)
1 small red onion, diced
1 (16 ounce) package small pasta shells
salt and ground black pepper to taste
1 pinch garlic salt
1 tablespoon butter
1/4 cup brown sugar
3 (11 ounce) cans condensed cream of Cheddar cheese soup
2/3 cup shredded Havarti cheese
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 1/3 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
Add to Recipe Box
My folders:

Add to Shopping List
Add a Personal Note

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Place the diced onion in a large pot of lightly-salted water; bring to a boil. Cook the pasta until al dente, 8 to 10 minutes; drain. Transfer the onion and pasta to a casserole dish; season with salt, pepper, and garlic salt. Stir the butter and brown sugar into the pasta mixture until the butter melts. Add the Cheddar cheese soup, Havarti cheese, Parmesan cheese and 1/3 cup of Cheddar cheese; stir well. Sprinkle remaining Cheddar cheese over top of the dish.
Bake in preheated oven about 45 minutes. Change oven setting to 'Broil' and cook until top is golden brown, about 4 minutes.
ADVERTISE WITH US ADVERTISEMEN

DaFace
12-15-2008, 11:16 AM
Boil macaroni. Add cheese. :p

MVChiefFan
12-15-2008, 11:27 AM
You can really add your own touch to mac and cheese but two things to keep in mind...make sure to use enough cheese to give it flavor and keep it together. Milk is good to add but too much and not enough cheese is a runny combo. Also, don't ever use straight cheddar...make sure to use a colby because it will be way less oily.

Hoover
12-15-2008, 11:36 AM
This is by far the best I've ever made. No changes required. Its from Cooks country

Use block American cheese from the deli counter—prewrapped slices of American cheese will result in a drier mac and cheese.

Serves 8 to 10.
Ingredients
3–4 slices hearty white sandwich bread , torn into large pieces
8 tablespoons unsalted butter , 4 tablespoons melted
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Salt
1 pound elbow macaroni
5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
3 (12-ounce) cans evaporated milk
2 teaspoons hot sauce
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon dry mustard
2 cups shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese
1 1/4 cups shredded American cheese , (about 5 ounces)
3/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
Instructions

1. Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 350 degrees. Pulse bread, melted butter, and Parmesan in food processor until ground to coarse crumb. Transfer to bowl.

2. Bring 4 quarts water to boil in large pot. Add 1 tablespoon salt and macaroni to boiling water and cook until al dente, about 6 minutes. Reserve 1/2 cup macaroni cooking water, then drain and rinse macaroni in colander under cold running water. Set aside.

3. Melt remaining 4 tablespoons butter in now-empty pot over medium-high heat until foaming. Stir in flour and cook, stirring constantly, until mixture turns light brown, about 1 minute. Slowly whisk in evaporated milk, hot sauce, nutmeg, mustard, and 2 teaspoons salt and cook until mixture begins to simmer and is slightly thickened, about 4 minutes. Off heat, whisk in cheeses and 1/2 cup reserved pasta water until cheese melts. Stir in macaroni until completely coated.

4. Transfer mixture to 13 by 9-inch baking dish and top with bread crumb mixture. Bake until cheese is bubbling around edges and top is golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes. Let sit for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.

Make Ahead: The macaroni and cheese can be made in advance through step 3; since the pasta continues to absorb moisture, adjustments must be made to avoid a dry filling. To do so, increase amount of reserved pasta cooking water to 1 cup. Pour filling into 13 by 9-inch baking dish, lay plastic wrap directly on surface of pasta, and refrigerate for up to 1 day. The bread crumb mixture may be refrigerated in airtight container up to 2 days. When ready to bake, remove plastic wrap, cover macaroni mixture with foil, and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover, sprinkle bread crumbs over top, and bake until topping is golden brown, about 20 minutes longer.

TrickyNicky
12-15-2008, 11:42 AM
This is a real ribsticker and is probably of the unholy, unhealthy variety.

GoudaMac

What you'll need:

1 quart of Heavy whipping cream
1 wheel of smoked Gouda cheese
1 block cream cheese
2-3 cloves of garlic
1 16 oz package Mac or favorite pasta
1 lb boneless chicken breast
6 slices of your favorite bacon fried to a crisp
1 can of Early Sweet Peas drained (optional)

Grill your chicken beforehand and cut it into little half-inch pieces. Shred your cheese and cut the cream cheese into small cubes. Start boiling the pasta. In a sauce pan, add about 1/2 to 3/4 (depending on how much sauce you want and how big the pan is) of the heavy cream and heat on medium low. Once the heat starts getting up you have to keep stirring so it doesn't burn. Add the garlic, 2-4 cubes of cream cheese and a handful of the gouda. Keep stirring. Repeat until you're out of cream cheese and gouda. Its a slow process, and the gouda with cream cheese doesn't really reduce all that well so keep at it until you have a consistency you're ok with (don't want too many lumps).

Once your pasta is done, use the pasta pot to combine everything. Crumble your bacon over the top of each serving. Salt to taste.

If I am really lazy, I like to add tuna and a about 3/4 a can of peas to regular ole Kraft Mac. I call it cat food.

JOhn
12-15-2008, 12:11 PM
Kraft:

Boil water

And Macaroni

Cook till tender

Drain water

Add Milk

And Butter

And cheese packet

Mix well

( for added fun, add 1 can Tuna[packed in water])

gblowfish
12-15-2008, 12:35 PM
Drive to Cafe Verona on the Independence Square.
Order Macaronic & Cheese.
Pay them.
Eat.
Yum.

Demonpenz
12-15-2008, 12:41 PM
Demonpenz easy mac recipe

Take noodles put in bown (can be a bowl that has left over chef bouradi sauce for extra flavor) if no extra flavor is wanted rinse out bowel. Put noodles in bowl. Pour water over noodles until you think it is good enough. Microwave 3:33 minutes. If noodles are looking dry add more water, if too much water is in the noodles keep microwaving until it evaporates. Watch Parden the interuption, for get about easy mac for 14 or 15 minutes. Pick up the noodles which are now burned together with hand and eat like a cheesy rice crispy treat. Crumble up dorito's on top for extra flavor

Dartgod
12-15-2008, 12:46 PM
if no extra flavor is wanted rinse out bowel.
ROFL

This sounds like great advice.

Demonpenz
12-15-2008, 12:55 PM
Ray's fish sticks. buy fish sticks from aldi's Wrap up fish sticks in Foil... cook until smoke alarm come out. Cover in ketchup or ranch wash down with natty light

CoMoChief
12-15-2008, 12:57 PM
Kraft box with some Velveeta is GRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAT

Then add some pepper and some Tuna.

CoMoChief
12-15-2008, 12:57 PM
Ray's fish sticks. buy fish sticks from aldi's Wrap up fish sticks in Foil... cook until smoke alarm come out. Cover in ketchup or ranch wash down with natty light

That sounds healthy as shit.

Fritz88
12-15-2008, 12:58 PM
Cheese and Mac.

Demonpenz
12-15-2008, 01:01 PM
Ray's chilly chili Take hormel chili out back of mitz lancer 2005 es edition Sit on can until it is dethawed. Get tired of dethawing put can in microwave. Scoop out chili in mac and cheese bowel. Eat half frozen half warm chili.

ray's chilly chilli

Baby Lee
12-15-2008, 03:24 PM
2 lbs elbow macaroni
1 1/2 quarts half-and-half
3 cups yellow sharp cheddar cheese
2 cups extra-sharp white cheddar cheese
1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese
1 cup asiago cheese
1 cup monterey jack cheese
1 cup muenster cheese
1 cup Velveeta cheese
1/2 lb butter
1 dozen egg
1 pinch salt
1 tablespoon black pepper

Directions
1 Cook macaroni according to box instructions.
2 Melt butter, crack eggs into a bowl, beat until egg yolks and white are blended well.
3 Grate all cheeses (except the Velveeta).
4 With the cooked elbow macaroni still warm, mix in the Velveeta cheese, melted butter and a 1/2 quart of the half-and-half.
5 Blend until creamy and smooth.
6 Add the remaining half-and-half, all grated cheeses, eggs, salt and pepper.
7 Blend all ingredients until smooth and creamy.
8 Bake in your favorite baking dish (one with deep sides, rectangular works) at 325 degrees for 1 hour, until golden brown.
9 Tip: Make sure all ingredients are mixed well and your oven has been preheated.
10 for an extra kick, add some additional grated yellow cheese on top midway into the baking process.

wutamess
12-15-2008, 04:13 PM
My grandma puts eggs in her mac & cheese. Some of teh bestest M&C I've tasted.
Don't have her recipe though.