PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs What New Ways Can the Chiefs lose to Miami and Cincinnati?

teedubya
12-15-2008, 01:21 PM
We have to lose the last two.

How are we going to accomplish it over the next two weeks?

MIAdragon
12-15-2008, 01:22 PM
New ways? We are going to get stomped in both games.

Buck
12-15-2008, 01:22 PM
I hope they win at least one, for Tiny E's sake.

BigRedChief
12-15-2008, 01:23 PM

Just
http://www.saisobserver.org/bin/j/x/larry%20the%20cable%20guy.jpg

Stanley Nickels
12-15-2008, 01:23 PM
We won't lose to the Cincinnati bowties

DeezNutz
12-15-2008, 01:24 PM
I hope they win at least one, for Tiny E's sake.

I hope you step in dog feces later today.

Buck
I hope you step in dog feces later today.

I'll report back tomorrow.

Donger
Self-immolation seems to back in style.

DeezNutz
12-15-2008, 01:25 PM
I'll report back tomorrow.

If you retract your desire for the Chefs to win, I'll hope for it to be a smaller dog.

Delano
Miami's running backs will eclipse what Tennessee's did to this defense.

JuicesFlowing
The Chiefs are going to lead by at least 24 points at halftime in each game. They will lose both games by a combined total of 2 points. Oh, you said new ways ... nevermind.

evolve27
12-15-2008, 01:26 PM
A win would be detrimental to the rebuilding process. If Boiman goes down, we lose.

teedubya
12-15-2008, 01:27 PM
It's almost like we lose on purpose.

Buck
12-15-2008, 01:27 PM
If you retract your desire for the Chefs to win, I'll hope for it to be a smaller dog.

Well, if you lose out that means you get what, the 2nd or 3rd pick? (Lions, Rams)

If you beat Cinci then you get the 4th right? (Lions, Rams, Bengals)

Who are you gunning for in the draft and will he be available at the 4th pick?

JuicesFlowing
12-15-2008, 01:29 PM
Well, if you lose out that means you get what, the 2nd or 3rd pick? (Lions, Rams)

We're going to trade ALL of our draft picks for picks in 2010.

beach tribe
12-15-2008, 01:29 PM
I seriously hope we lose both games. It at least gives us a better draft slot, and pushes Herm closer to the door. There's nothing to salvage from this season.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-15-2008, 01:32 PM
If we lose next week and Cincy beats Cleveland (with Dorsey) and St. Louis beats the 9ers, we lock the #2 spot up.

SCTrojan
12-15-2008, 01:33 PM
We haven't lost the way Cleveland did several years ago - clock runs out, a boneheaded penalty, the other team moves in to field goal range as a result, get one more play, and it's good with no time left on the clock.

Rooster
12-15-2008, 01:36 PM
Miami is a far better team and will win easily. The Cinci and KC game will be an epic battle for draft spot dominance. The Chiefs screw this up too and win at Cinci 23 to 20. :banghead:

Molitoth
12-15-2008, 01:56 PM
New way to lose???

They could always forfeit. Infact that would be beautiful.

Rain Man
12-15-2008, 01:57 PM
Against Miami, we'll be down by four with two seconds left. Thigpen will throw up a pass to Devard Darling, who will be inexplicably open on the sideline. Darling will race upfield with no Miami defender near him to the 40, 30, 20, 10. Suddenly a disoriented Bald Eagle will dive down and strike Darling in the helmet, knocking him off balance. He'll slip and fall out of bounds at the two-yard line as the clock expires.

Against Cincinnati, we will be up by 21 in the fourth quarter. When the clock hits 5:00 left in the game, Herm will look up and misread 5:00 as G:OO. He'll assume that the game is over and it's time to go, so he'll pull the team into the locker room. While the Chiefs are showering, the officials will allow Cincinnati to run plays and onside kicks. By the time Chan Gailey runs down to the locker room, the Chiefs will be down by 14 with 1:29 left. Chan will grab two offensive linemen, one linebacker, three defensive backs, two tight ends, a defensive tackle, Colquitt, and Thigpen, and will mount a furious comeback, tying the game as regulation ends. The Chiefs will win the toss in overtime, but Herm, who is now back out on the field, will announce that he wants to kick off, giving the Bengals both the wind and the ball. They'll take the kickoff and score six plays later to win the game.

JuicesFlowing
12-15-2008, 01:58 PM
Miami is a far better team and will win easily. The Cinci and KC game will be an epic battle for draft spot dominance. The Chiefs screw this up too and win at Cinci 23 to 20. :banghead:

Just like last year against the Jets. That trashy game even went into overtime. Epic!

*edit: not "just like" last year, we did good and lost that one at least.

KChiefs1
12-15-2008, 02:00 PM
Chiefs - 17
Dolphins - 12

The Chiefs face a third-and-2 with 40 seconds left.

On the previous play, Joey Porter rushed in pushing Waters into Thigpen knocking him backward into Thigpen, in a desperate attempt to force a fumble.

Since defensive players usually are not blocked in this situation, they usually in turn don't rush. Offensive players consider any breach of this tacit agreement as a provocation, particularly linemen whose job it is to protect the quarterback. Chan Gailey doesn't want to expose his quarterback to further risk of injury (he had already taken some hits earlier in the game) So he calls a standard running play which calls for Larry Johnson to take a handoff and carry up the middle.

In the huddle, the Chiefs fight over the decision. "Don't give me the ball," Johnson begs. Other players ask Thigpen to change the play, but he declines. Gailey had berated him for changing a play the week before, and threatened to have him waived if he ever did so again. The rest of the offense, not privy to Gailey's reasoning for the call, views Gailey's call as a power trip. But as a second-year starting quarterback who still hadn't totally proven himself, Thigpen lacks the stature to prevail in this kind of dispute. He rebuffs his teammates' exhortations to just kneel on the ball one more time.

Johnson claims that as he walked away from the huddle he tells Thigpen he won't take the ball if he went through with it. It is not known whether the quarterback heard him or not, however. Herm Edward's headphones, which nominally allowed him to communicate with Thigpen and Gailey, weren't working properly at that point either. He said he would have overridden Gailey had he heard what was coming.

Thigpen, who at the time was distracted making sure Johnson was in position, was unprepared for the snap. It struck his middle finger so hard there was still blood on the nail after the game. Nevertheless, he held on to the ball after a slight bobble and tried to hand it off to the Johnson.

Instead, the ball hit Johnson's hip and came loose.

Will Allen recovered it on its first bounce as Thigpen unsuccessfully attempts to recover the ball by falling on it. Allen once he got it, he sprinted 26 yards totally untouched to the end zone and a 19-17 Dolphins victory over the Chiefs.

12-15-2008, 02:01 PM

Herm never loses to the Dolphins. mark it down, the Chiefs will win Sunday.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-15-2008, 02:02 PM

If we lose to Miami and Cincy beats the Browns (highly likely) and the Rams beat the 9ers (possible) or the Cardinals (also possible) we get the #2 spot regardless of the outcome of the last game.

DeezNutz
12-15-2008, 02:04 PM

If the Lions pass on Stafford, I'd love to have him.

You could grab a potentially great player at 3-4, but, if you're going to be in the top five anyway, it's best to be as high as possible.

12-15-2008, 02:04 PM
If we lose to Miami and Cincy beats the Browns (highly likely) and the Rams beat the 9ers (possible) or the Cardinals (also possible) we get the #2 spot regardless of the outcome of the last game.

Herm will win the last two ''to build momentum'' into next year. ;)

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-15-2008, 02:06 PM
Herm will win the last two ''to build momentum'' into next year. ;)

Not a chance in hell.

The man is 2-21 in his last 23 games.

12-15-2008, 02:08 PM
Not a chance in hell.

The man is 2-21 in his last 23 games.

Herm has a great career record against the Dolphins ya know.

''When I was with the Jets we blah blah blah'' :shake:

Tribal Warfare
12-15-2008, 02:09 PM

Only other snafu I can think of if the MVP mishandles a snap during a punt.

Bugeater
12-15-2008, 02:12 PM
Herm never loses to the Dolphins.

He did on November 12, 2006, n00b.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-15-2008, 02:14 PM
The only thing really missing from this season is that we don't have any classic follies, like the Bucs kicker trying to kick the ball backwards and whiffing, DeSean Jackson dropping the ball at the one, or a Leon Lett display of stupidity. I really want to see something like that.

Old Dog
12-15-2008, 02:16 PM
New way to lose???

They could always forfeit. Infact that would be beautiful.

Is that really new??? There are a couple of games already they haven't bothered to show up for.

CoMoChief
12-15-2008, 02:24 PM
We haven't lost the way Cleveland did several years ago - clock runs out, a boneheaded penalty, the other team moves in to field goal range as a result, get one more play, and it's good with no time left on the clock.

Almost did yesterday

Stewie
12-15-2008, 02:25 PM
Bowe will drop 3-4 passes over the last two games. In one game he'll actually catch a pass and run the wrong way down the field. He'll get to the end zone and spike the ball. The other team will recover the ball for a TD while Bowe is posing. Later in the game he'll yell at Herm for not going for it on 4th and 12 on our own 30 because our offense is a juggernaut - "Especially ME," says Bowe.

Planetman
12-15-2008, 02:31 PM
We'll be up by 6 with less than 30 seconds left and we'll get beat with the following play on 3rd and short. Mostly because the D gets sucked up, ala yesterday like a moth to a flame, thinking it's a running play.

http://www.jazzhostels.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/statue-of-liberty.jpg

The PAT is good. Game over.

12-15-2008, 02:33 PM
He did on November 12, 2006, n00b.

Good job, n00b. just making sure you're paying attention.

Calcountry
12-15-2008, 02:36 PM

How are we going to accomplish it over the next two weeks?Somebody start a thread about it after the game and explain it to me.