PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs BYE BYE Herm!

Reerun_KC
12-15-2008, 05:28 PM
May your sorry no talent eye, pathetic game coach ass be next!!!!

What a glorious day in KC, Fire Herm and we are free from the bonds of mediocrity!

triple
12-15-2008, 05:30 PM
Herm, I like you personally, but it's well past time for you to go

Fish
12-15-2008, 05:33 PM
Chickens, eggs, counting, and something or other.......

Can't you just be happy for today's news without bringing your favorite subject into the discussion?

smittysbar
12-15-2008, 05:34 PM
May your sorry no talent eye, pathetic game coach ass be next!!!!

What a glorious day in KC, Fire Herm and we are free from the bonds of mediocrity!

:clap:

Reerun_KC
12-15-2008, 05:35 PM

Can't you just be happy for today's news without bringing your favorite subject into the discussion?

My thread, my discussion....

Dont post or read it...

petegz28

this

dirk digler
Hit the road Herm and thanks for destroying this team

Reerun_KC
12-15-2008, 05:36 PM
this

That

Reerun_KC
12-15-2008, 06:45 PM
What Carl is gone? Oh shit this isnt good!

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e252/aidan11111/HermE.jpg

FringeNC
12-15-2008, 06:46 PM

No legitimate GM candidate will take Herm seriously. If Herm stays, that means Clark made a shit hire.

Demonpenz
12-15-2008, 06:47 PM
he better be grabbing a interview with san diego state

Dartgod
12-15-2008, 06:47 PM
What Clark is gone? Oh shit this isnt good!

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e252/aidan11111/HermE.jpg
This might be funny if you had typed Carl instead of Clark.

SAUTO
12-15-2008, 06:48 PM
This might be funny idf you had typed Carl instead of Clark.

beat me to it

Fish
12-15-2008, 06:49 PM
No legitimate GM candidate will take Herm seriously. If Herm stays, that means Clark made a shit hire.

Fancy you talking for a bunch of people you've never met....

You're going to be disappointed....

FringeNC
12-15-2008, 06:50 PM

Wager?

Coach
12-15-2008, 06:56 PM
Pretty soon, the Germ Warfare will be victorious!!

Reerun_KC
12-15-2008, 07:17 PM

We cant be anymore disappointed than we are now with our HC... Any respectable GM from a winning orginazation will remove Herm from Arrowhead.

Yeah you might cry, but we will rejoice in knowing that we have finally begun a true rebuild...

Reerun_KC
12-15-2008, 07:18 PM
This might be funny if you had typed Carl instead of Clark.

Yeah lets go ahead and edit that, Umkay?

Malcor
12-15-2008, 07:22 PM
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e252/aidan11111/HermE.jpgI'll have to check the film to see if Carl is gone...

Fish
12-15-2008, 07:30 PM
Wager?

Wager what?

Lzen
12-15-2008, 07:33 PM
I was just talking to my coworker this morning about this. He asked what I think should be done. I said I would like Herm and Carl gone. And probably Gun and some of (if not all) of the defensive staff gone, too. But at the very east, Herm and Carl. So, that makes one half of the equation. No let's go ahead and get the rest done. The Hem experiment was a huge mistake, IMO.

whoman69
12-15-2008, 07:34 PM
GMs like to start off with their own guy at the controls. The firing of Carl means that Herm has little chance of being back next year. Those who have been making the bold predictions that Herm would be here again better take another look.

***SPRAYER
12-15-2008, 07:36 PM

Wait... you like Herm?

Reerun_KC
12-15-2008, 07:38 PM
Wait... you like Herm?

Sadly its more that like, its an intimate relationship...

BigChiefFan
12-15-2008, 07:38 PM
Herm sucks. Hope the fins destroy your ass-you need to go.

FringeNC
12-15-2008, 07:39 PM
Wager what?

Herm's gone.

***SPRAYER
12-15-2008, 07:40 PM
Sadly its more that like, its an intimate relationship...

You gotta be shittin' me.

ROFL

If you can't see that Herm is a fraud by now, then you are suffering from extreme cognitive dissonance.

Skip Towne
12-15-2008, 07:42 PM
he better be grabbing a interview with san diego state

Too late. They hired somebody.

Fish
12-15-2008, 07:43 PM
Herm's gone.

I understand your stance. What would you like to wager?

chiefsfan1963
12-15-2008, 08:12 PM
If the new GM keeps Herm for 2009 season that's all we need to know about our new GM!

jlscorpio
12-15-2008, 09:27 PM
Herm was a 100% Carl hire. I don't see any way he stays. Any GM worth a fuck wants HIS guy, as his fate as a GM is forever linked to his FIRST HC hire. Is it too damn much to ask to just use Miami/Parcells as a model for righting this sinking ship?

Chiefs Pantalones
12-15-2008, 10:34 PM
Just by watching the sports tonight, you can tell Clark is fed up with both Carl and Herm. I lovvveee Clark!!!!

Reerun_KC
12-15-2008, 10:45 PM
Just by watching the sports tonight, you can tell Clark is fed up with both Carl and Herm. I lovvveee Clark!!!!

That is the best news yet, I am sure Clark is sick of all his friends calling him and maucking him about Herm and Carl.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-15-2008, 10:53 PM
That is the best news yet, I am sure Clark is sick of all his friends calling him and maucking him about Herm and Carl.

They also said that Clark is counting on the new GM to want a different coach.

Reerun_KC
12-15-2008, 10:55 PM
They also said that Clark is counting on the new GM to want a different coach.

It has to happen, This so called rebuild effort has been a total flop...

Fish
12-16-2008, 11:53 AM
Wager?

Fringe? Did you change your mind??

Planetman
12-16-2008, 12:01 PM
This thread is sponsored by, Premature Ejaculation.

Reerun_KC
12-16-2008, 12:03 PM
This thread is sponsored by, Premature Ejaculation.

That might be true.... The excitement of Carl being removed has taken a death blow today... Its feels pretty disappointing right now.. There was hope, but hope could be removed quickly...

Planetman
12-16-2008, 12:06 PM
That might be true.... The excitement of Carl being removed has taken a death blow today... Its feels pretty disappointing right now.. There was hope, but hope could be removed quickly...
http://cristal.inria.fr/~harley/ecdl3/pics/butthead.gif
Settle down, Beavis.

Demonpenz
12-16-2008, 12:12 PM
Maybe we can get dennis green

morphius
12-16-2008, 12:36 PM
Pretty soon rerun may have to come up with something original to post, what a glorious day for Chiefsplanet!

Reerun_KC
12-16-2008, 12:44 PM
Pretty soon rerun may have to come up with something original to post, what a glorious day for Chiefsplanet!

Rep to you! Someday I am so looking forward to it as well...

It will be nice to know Carl and Herm are not keeping the black cloud over arrowhead anymore...

It will be nice to get back to real football talk and not analyze why Herm has again taken victory away from these players...

I miss the old days of football talk and looks like we might just be 2 weeks away from getting our team back!

FringeNC
12-16-2008, 12:46 PM
Fringe? Did you change your mind??

Oh -- in my excitement about the situation, I forgot. Yes, I think Herm's gone. How about a wager where the loser has to make a contribution to ChiefsPlanet?

teedubya
12-16-2008, 12:47 PM
Bye bye, Herm
Bye bye, patheticness.
Hello, winningness.
I think I'm a-gonna cry-y.

Bye bye, Herm.
Bye bye, RRPP.
Hello, Victories.
I feel like I could di-ie.
Bye bye, Hermie, goodby-ye.

Thats the song I will sing.

Reerun_KC
12-16-2008, 12:47 PM
Oh -- in my excitement about the situation, I forgot. Yes, I think Herm's gone. How about a wager where the loser has to make a contribution to ChiefsPlanet?

WOW, good bet...

terrysheafanclub
12-16-2008, 12:48 PM
When Herm the Worm is fired, who is next? Al Saunders?????

BigChiefFan
12-16-2008, 12:49 PM
Bye bye, Herm
Bye bye, patheticness.
Hello, winningness.
I think I'm a-gonna cry-y.

Bye bye, Herm.
Bye bye, RRPP.
Hello, Victories.
I feel like I could di-ie.
Bye bye, Hermie, goodby-ye.

Thats the song I will sing.
The douche abides. Great stufff!!!ROFL Rep 4 U.

Ultra Peanut
12-16-2008, 12:51 PM
What Clark is gone? Oh shit this isnt good!

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e252/aidan11111/HermE.jpgknow what?

you are a pretty bad poster

Reerun_KC
12-16-2008, 12:51 PM
know what?

you are a pretty bad poster

Yeah I failed that one....

chiefzilla1501
12-16-2008, 01:30 PM
Let's face it, Herm Edwards was asked to take a pile of heaping shit and turn it into a program. I don't know if any coach in the history of the NFL has ever been asked to do so much with so little.

I'm glad Carl's gone. I've been pushing for that for a long time. I hope that a new GM will come in and make a decision on his head coach based on what's best for the team and based on his chemistry with the head coach.

But I will never understand why everyone in KC is intent on claiming that Herm Edwards was such a big part of the problem in KC. I can understand the argument that he'll never be better than a 9-7 or 10-6 w/one playoff win coach. But the argument that no GM would ever hire him or that Herm is a terrible head coach are ridiculous.

For now, Herm is an average coach who got thrown in a really shitty situation. And luckily, the biggest culprit for that shitty situation is out. If you want to fire Herm because he'll never be better than average, fine. I agree with that. But the extent to the Herm bashing is just plain ridiculous.

Fish
12-16-2008, 01:32 PM

That sounds like an excellent idea. I accept.

Reerun_KC
Let's face it, Herm Edwards was asked to take a pile of heaping shit and turn it into a program. I don't know if any coach in the history of the NFL has ever been asked to do so much with so little.

I'm glad Carl's gone. I've been pushing for that for a long time. I hope that a new GM will come in and make a decision on his head coach based on what's best for the team and based on his chemistry with the head coach.

But I will never understand why everyone in KC is intent on claiming that Herm Edwards was such a big part of the problem in KC. I can understand the argument that he'll never be better than a 9-7 or 10-6 w/one playoff win coach. But the argument that no GM would ever hire him or that Herm is a terrible head coach are ridiculous.

For now, Herm is an average coach who got thrown in a really shitty situation. And luckily, the biggest culprit for that shitty situation is out. If you want to fire Herm because he'll never be better than average, fine. I agree with that. But the extent to the Herm bashing is just plain ridiculous.

oh poor Herm, he is always the victim....

FringeNC

Average? Who are the 15-16 HCs in the NFL who are worse than Herm?

FringeNC
12-16-2008, 01:35 PM
That sounds like an excellent idea. I accept.

Sounds good -- how much? 50 bucks? More?

Reerun_KC
12-16-2008, 01:39 PM
Average? Who are the 15-16 HCs in the NFL who are worse than Herm?

How can you sell Herm to the fanbase and the team next year?

chiefzilla1501
12-16-2008, 01:40 PM

When people CONSISTENTLY ignore the evidence that Carl Peterson left Clark Hunt and Herm Edwards with a team that had no cap space left until 2007, the oldest roster in the NFL, and 7 years of failed drafts before Herm Edwards, yes, I believe that Herm is getting accused for a lot of things Peterson fucked up on.

As I've said 100 times before, Herm has a lot of flaws, but shit, it's only a matter of time before people start blaming Herm for the meltdown of Ford and GM and global warming.

FringeNC
12-16-2008, 01:41 PM
How can you sell Herm to the fanbase and the team next year?

or to a competent GM? Throw in the fact that Herm almost would have to be extended to be a credible HC next year....

FringeNC
12-16-2008, 01:42 PM
When people CONSISTENTLY ignore the evidence that Carl Peterson left Clark Hunt and Herm Edwards with a team that had no cap space left until 2007, the oldest roster in the NFL, and 7 years of failed drafts before Herm Edwards, yes, I believe that Herm is getting accused for a lot of things Peterson ****ed up on.

As I've said 100 times before, Herm has a lot of flaws, but shit, it's only a matter of time before people start blaming Herm for the meltdown of Ford and GM and global warming.

Where do you get the cap space argument from?

Reerun_KC
12-16-2008, 01:42 PM
When people CONSISTENTLY ignore the evidence that Carl Peterson left Clark Hunt and Herm Edwards with a team that had no cap space left until 2007, the oldest roster in the NFL, and 7 years of failed drafts before Herm Edwards, yes, I believe that Herm is getting accused for a lot of things Peterson ****ed up on.

So our 2006 draft and QB Herm drafted working out well for us?

chiefzilla1501
12-16-2008, 01:44 PM
So our 2006 draft and QB Herm drafted working out well for us?

I've said about 100 times that Herm has made his share of mistakes and flaws and certainly deserves to be on the hot seat, but how come you mention a failed quarterback but don't mention that they also made a decent player out of a 6th round reject QB and got the Chiefs a pretty decent starting left tackle?

If you cherrypick your arguments, sure, you can make anything work for you.

chiefzilla1501
12-16-2008, 01:46 PM
Where do you get the cap space argument from?

The Chiefs have had their cap tied up in veteran contracts for years, from continually restructuring contracts for Trent Green and Priest Holmes, to still paying the price for the ridiculous amount of money shelled out to Wesley, Woods, and Kendrell Bell.

The Chiefs have barely even touched the free agency market. Herm has been given a fraction of the free agency spending power that Vermeil was given.

Again, shitty situation. Carl handed over a shitty team with retiring and aging players, no young players in the pipeline, and refused to spend a dime on free agents. That's why our "big splash" free agents over the last 3 years are third wave free agents like napoleon Harris and Damion McIntosh. Sad when your team doesn't even have the money or willingness to pay to bring in second wave free agents, let alone first wave.

Reerun_KC
12-16-2008, 01:48 PM
I've said about 100 times that Herm has made his share of mistakes and flaws and certainly deserves to be on the hot seat, but how come you mention a failed quarterback but don't mention that they also made a decent player out of a 6th round reject QB and got the Chiefs a pretty decent starting left tackle?

If you cherrypick your arguments, sure, you can make anything work for you.

You cherry pick yours to support Herm, so whats the difference?

Fritz88
12-16-2008, 01:49 PM
Herm, I like you personally, but it's well past time for you to go

I really like Herm's personality, I really do. But there are things that we are not meant to do. If he pulls two good wins at the end of this season makes good draft picks. I could give him another year.

Reerun_KC
12-16-2008, 01:51 PM
I really like Herm's personality, I really do. But there are things that we are not meant to do. If he pulls two good wins at the end of this season makes good draft picks. I could give him another year.

You dont want him here to make those picks... This is the time we have to finally build a winner with out Carl or any of his minions...

This could be the beggining of something special...

terrysheafanclub
12-16-2008, 01:52 PM
chiefzilla1501: Why are you such a Herm fan? Rebuilding was not in the Chiefs' fans vocabulary until Herm came here.

chiefzilla1501
12-16-2008, 01:53 PM
You cherry pick yours to support Herm, so whats the difference?

What are you talking about? Unlike you, I've repeatedly pointed to several of Herm's flaws. You will spin any argument to make a negative. If Herm gave a million dollars to the Boys and Girls Club, you'd accuse him of not giving it to the United Way.

chiefzilla1501
12-16-2008, 01:56 PM
chiefzilla1501: Why are you such a Herm fan? Rebuilding was not in the Chiefs' fans vocabulary until Herm came here.

I'm not a Herm fan. It just appears that way because I hate the bullshit argument that Herm is all evil. I hate the mindset of a pretty large majority these days that believe that there are people who are 100% to blame for problems.

All I'm saying is, Herm has flaws and has done some bad, but he's also done some good.

To your final point, I touched on that a few posts ago and I've posted it 1,000 times. The reason we were forced to rebuild is not because of Herm Edwards. That is 90% on Carl Peterson. We had a reputation for being the oldest team in the NFL during the Vermeil years, a reputation for consistently fucking up the draft and consistently getting shitty free agents. There is no way anyone can possible argue against the idea that the team Peterson handed over to Herm in 2006 was a huge trainwreck that any coach could not have weaseled their way out of.

Reerun_KC
12-16-2008, 01:59 PM
What are you talking about? Unlike you, I've repeatedly pointed to several of Herm's flaws. You will spin any argument to make a negative. If Herm gave a million dollars to the Boys and Girls Club, you'd accuse him of not giving it to the United Way.

I have repeatedly pointed out Herms flaws and have given him credit for the only thing he is marginal at and that is building a secondary, other than that, he is over his head and cannot build a team that will strike fear into the hearts of other teams in the playoffs...

So lets move forward with a new GM and a new coaching staff and continue to build through the draft along with a heathly mix of a few FA's and start working towards a goal....

Besides, I have seen enough of his coaching collaspes over the last 3 years to last me a lifetime...

chiefzilla1501
12-16-2008, 02:11 PM
First of all, I'm ecstatic that the Chiefs are hiring a new GM and that they're looking outside the organization. And if the GM brings in a new head coach with extra-strong credentials, that's awesome. I'm not convinced that Herm is the answer.

But I am convinced he's not nearly as bad as people want to make him out to be. For now, with an established team, he would be a 9-7 and 10-6 coach. Maybe he's good enough to take the next step, maybe he's not. But I don't see how anybody could possibly think that with the situation he fell into, that he had a completely fair shake of proving that. He has done plenty of good in Kansas City beyond just improving the secondary.

This team needed a rebuild and a purge of veterans, and Carl Peterson would never do that. The team has taken a big step in the right direction. The question is, who will be the guy to take the next step and hopefully leap? I am pretty sure that given the 2008 draft, that Herm can help us take the next step. I have said pretty consistently that there are probably coaches out there who are more likely to help the Chiefs take a leap instead of a step.

Reerun_KC
12-16-2008, 02:15 PM
First of all, I'm ecstatic that the Chiefs are hiring a new GM and that they're looking outside the organization. And if the GM brings in a new head coach with extra-strong credentials, that's awesome. I'm not convinced that Herm is the answer.

But I am convinced he's not nearly as bad as people want to make him out to be. For now, with an established team, he would be a 9-7 and 10-6 coach. Maybe he's good enough to take the next step, maybe he's not. But I don't see how anybody could possibly think that with the situation he fell into, that he had a completely fair shake of proving that. He has done plenty of good in Kansas City beyond just improving the secondary.

This team needed a rebuild and a purge of veterans, and Carl Peterson would never do that. The team has taken a big step in the right direction. The question is, who will be the guy to take the next step and hopefully leap? I am pretty sure that given the 2008 draft, that Herm can help us take the next step. I have said pretty consistently that there are probably coaches out there who are more likely to help the Chiefs take a leap instead of a step.

You know what Chiefzilla? Maybe it is poetic justice for all the players that have fell into a bad situation when Herm brought them in or drafted them, then he chucked them under the bus for things to save his own skin..

IF Herm gets chucked whether fair or not, is justified for the bus chucking he has done over the years...

chiefzilla1501
12-16-2008, 05:08 PM

Here you go, by the way:
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NFL&id=1326&line=135162&spln=1

For those convinced that Herm Edwards should have rebuilt years ago or that it's his fault the rebuild didn't go as fast as it should, there you go. Looks like Peterson was the reason for the obstacles to the rebuild, not Herm.

Fish
12-16-2008, 05:50 PM
Sounds good -- how much? 50 bucks? More?

I will bet 30 of my American dollars than Herm is the Chiefs head coach next season.

Dave Lane
12-16-2008, 05:54 PM

OK either you are a raiders fan or demented. He took a 10-6 team went 9-7 then 4-12 and now maybe 2-14? Awesome job best job ever by someone that had so little to work with. Thats an incredibly dumb statement!

chiefzilla1501
12-16-2008, 06:19 PM
OK either you are a raiders fan or demented. He took a 10-6 team went 9-7 then 4-12 and now maybe 2-14? Awesome job best job ever by someone that had so little to work with. Thats an incredibly dumb statement!

Glad you, like every other person, responded to the point that Peterson had the oldest team in the NFL in 2005 (or at least in the top 3), was the worst drafter in the NFL between 1999-2005, and after 2005 refused to rebuild.

Those are all pretty indisputable. Like I said, lots of things to blame Herm for, but this is a clear example of you placing all the blame on Herm for what was largely Peterson's doing.

DaneMcCloud
12-16-2008, 06:29 PM
Those are all pretty indisputable. Like I said, lots of things to blame Herm for, but this is a clear example of you placing all the blame on Herm for what was largely Peterson's doing.

Welcome to Chiefsplanet!

whoman69
12-16-2008, 06:36 PM
Maybe we can get dennis green

Man I hope you're kidding

Reerun_KC
12-16-2008, 06:46 PM
And?

Herm still hasnt won with his players or his scheme... And if Herm was all that everyone who defends him is? Why are we consistantly seeing the same patterns from Herm year in and out?

Lastly with all his talent, coaching, motivation, playing players out of position, etc.... How come he hasnt represented the AFC in a superbowl yet? Why do his teams always start slow out slow? Why does he fail to develop a QB or keep a QB healthy?

BigChiefFan
12-16-2008, 06:54 PM
Too bad, in the article Herm vs Carl, it clearly states Carl wanted to sprinkle in some high-priced free agents and Herm didn't. Using the salary cap excuse is untrue, especially considering the cap room we have. Herm brought this all UPON HIMSELF. He was brought in to IMPROVE the team-clearly we are far from being any better than we he first took over. That by definition equals fail.

Had this been his 2nd year, you'd have a point or if he had actually won a couple more games this year over last year, than there would be evidence of improvement. As it is, we've regressed, evidenced by our record. Herm's first draft players should be ready to dominate-clearly they aren't. That's on the coach. Time to let the GM do his job and find Herm's replacement.

Micjones
12-16-2008, 06:54 PM
One day Dick Vermeil won't be a readymade excuse for Herman Edwards.

Mr. "You Play To Win The Game"... Your time is short.

FringeNC
12-16-2008, 06:58 PM
I will bet 30 of my American dollars than Herm is the Chiefs head coach next season.

Deal.

DaneMcCloud
12-16-2008, 06:58 PM
Time to let the GM do his job and find Herm's replacement.

And watch that guy lose for the next 22 games as the team is continued to be rebuilt.

The key that you guys are missing is that this team hasn't had a youthful foundation since the 80's. It's been cut and paste, and quite poorly I might add.

Herm may not be a "great" head coach but he's a great motivator and he's kept the youngest team in the NFL, through a myriad of injuries to both the offense and defense (including suspensions), playing hard each and every week.

Why many of you can't see that is insane.

Reerun_KC
12-16-2008, 07:00 PM
And watch that guy lose for the next 22 games as the team is continued to be rebuilt.

The key that you guys are missing is that this team hasn't had a youthful foundation since the 80's. It's been cut and paste, and quite poorly I might add.

Herm may not be a "great" head coach but he's a great motivator and he's kept the youngest team in the NFL, through a myriad of injuries to both the offense and defense (including suspensions), playing hard each and every week.

Why many of you don't see that is insane.

Dane my distest for all things Herm will never allow me see anything...

I dont care about Herm, I dont like the weasel around the franchise, I dont like the backstabbing bitch leading my favorite childhood team....

He can masturbate with a cheesegrader mid field at half time and I really wouldnt care as long as he is gone after these last 2 games...

DaneMcCloud
12-16-2008, 07:01 PM
Dane my distest for all things Herm will never allow me see anything...

I dont care about Herm, I dont like the weasel around the franchise, I dont like the backstabbing bitch leading my favorite childhood team....

He can masturbate with a cheesegrader mid field at half time and I really wouldnt care as long as he is gone after these last 2 games...

Well, at least you're objective

Reerun_KC
12-16-2008, 07:02 PM
Well, at least you're objective

No I am not, I have an opinion and just like everyone else who supports him or defends him has their opinions...

DaneMcCloud
12-16-2008, 07:13 PM
No I am not, I have an opinion and just like everyone else who supports him or defends him has their opinions...

And that opinion fails to take into account the following:

1. He was stuck with Vermeil's offensive coaching staff and philosophy for year one. He coached the team to the playoffs without the aid of Willie Roaf and Trent Green.

Herm 1, CP 0.

2. Instead of blowing up the team and beginning the rebuild in 2007, his GM forced him to play with the existing players on the roster, adding scrubs like Damien McIntosh. The Chiefs were 4-3 and in first place in the AFCW when a rash of injuries occurred, leading to 9 straight losses.

Herm 2, CP -1

3. Edwards gains control of the 2008 draft and has the best draft in more than 2 decades for the Chiefs organization (maybe ever. Time will tell). Starting QB injured in first game. Backup injured in 5th game. Untested 7th round, third string QB is surprisingly competitive. More than a ten rookies play well and improve during the course of the season.

Herm 3, CP -2

4. Carl Peterson "resigns" before the end of the season. Edwards is still employed.

Herm 4, CP - 3

Herm wins.

IF Clark Hunt had listened to Edwards suggestion of blowing up the franchise and rebuilding in 2006, the Chiefs would not likely be facing a 2-14 season and would most certainly be further along in their quest to build a championship football team.

But I guess that all of that is lost to you, due to your hatred of Herman Edwards.

SAUTO
12-16-2008, 07:15 PM

1. He was stuck with Vermeil's offensive coaching staff and philosophy for year one. He coached the team to the playoffs without the aid of Willie Roaf and Trent Green.

Herm 1, CP 0.

2. Instead of blowing up the team and beginning the rebuild in 2007, his GM forced him to play with the existing players on the roster, adding scrubs like Damien McIntosh. The Chiefs were 4-3 and in first place in the AFCW when a rash of injuries occurred, leading to 9 straight losses.

Herm 2, CP -1

3. Edwards gains control of the 2008 draft and has the best draft in more than 2 decades for the Chiefs organization (maybe ever. Time will tell). Starting QB injured in first game. Backup injured in 5th game. Untested 7th round, third string QB is surprisingly competitive. More than a ten rookies play well and improve during the course of the season.

Herm 3, CP -2

4. Carl Peterson "resigns" before the end of the season. Edwards is still employed.

Herm 4, CP - 3

Herm wins.

IF Clark Hunt had listened to Edwards suggestion of blowing up the franchise and rebuilding in 2006, the Chiefs would not likely be facing a 2-14 season and would most certainly be further along in their quest to build a championship football team.

But I guess that all of that is lost to you, due to your hatred of Herman Edwards.

HERM gets a negative 5 for still PLAYING macintosh though

Reerun_KC
12-16-2008, 07:17 PM

Herm 1, CP 0.

Herm 2, CP -1

Herm 3, CP -2

Herm 4, CP - 3

Herm wins.

Dont care if he saved the Pope from a fire..... Get over it, It happens, its called life.... Herm and his defenders ALWAYS have an excuse, it never fails, Herm is the savior of professional football, we are just to filled with sin to recognize this.

All of it is lost to me, I have my opinion, you have yours, you will defend him with your research and stats, I will continue to accuse him of destroying the fanbase and team with mine...

That is what makes Chiefsplanet so enjoyable.

And yes due to my hatred of all things Herm, I will never give in, I will fight the dark side as long as he is here... Which if we are lucky we only have 2 games left.

Reerun_KC
12-16-2008, 07:17 PM

Should get more for hitching his future on Brodie Croyle...

DaneMcCloud
12-16-2008, 07:21 PM

I'm sure that if there was someone more competent on the roster, that person would be on the field.

Especially considering the fact that they are playing rookies at so many positions.

The guy just isn't there at this time.

Which of course, falls back on to CP.

SAUTO
12-16-2008, 07:27 PM
herb taylor, barry richardson. either one should AT THE VERY LEAST be getting looks in game situations

Mr. Flopnuts
12-16-2008, 07:27 PM
Dont care if he saved the Pope from a fire..... Get over it, It happens, its called life.... Herm and his defenders ALWAYS have an excuse, it never fails, Herm is the savior of professional football, we are just to filled with sin to recognize this.

All of it is lost to me, I have my opinion, you have yours, you will defend him with your research and stats, I will continue to accuse him of destroying the fanbase and team with mine...

That is what makes Chiefsplanet so enjoyable.

And yes due to my hatred of all things Herm, I will never give in, I will fight the dark side as long as he is here... Which if we are lucky we only have 2 games left.

So, that said, if Herm is retained and the team wins 12 games next year will you eat crow? Or is your hatred for Herm so deep that Lombardi trophies couldn't satisfy it?

Reerun_KC
12-16-2008, 07:31 PM
So, that said, if Herm is retained and the team wins 12 games next year will you eat crow? Or is your hatred for Herm so deep that Lombardi trophies couldn't satisfy it?

That isnt going to happen, history has proved Herm cannot change his ways when he needs to the most.. So no worry there.

No I will not eat crow, I will just have less to bitch about until he Herms the playoffs away from the players and fans, then I will lead the lynching with pitch fork in hand...

Fish
12-16-2008, 07:48 PM
Deal.

http://www.craigharper.com.au/uploaded_images/handshake2.jpg

TEX
12-16-2008, 07:49 PM
I'm not taking this as a sign that Herm is going anywhere next season. Clark said that he's done a good job with what he's had to work with which is just ****ing crazy. To me it means that Carl lost the power struggle and Herm will still be the Chiefs HC next season regardless who the GM is. Clark said that the final decieion will be up to him. :shake:

Mecca
12-16-2008, 08:44 PM
I'm not taking this as a sign that Herm is going anywhere next season. Clark said that he's done a good job with what he's had to work with which is just ****ing crazy. To me it means that Carl lost the power struggle and Herm will still be the Chiefs HC next season regardless who the GM is. Clark said that the final decieion will be up to him. :shake:

If you really think that is the case then you are expecting the Chiefs to hire a shitty puppet GM.

Chiefnj2
12-16-2008, 08:58 PM
If you really think that is the case then you are expecting the Chiefs to hire a shitty puppet GM.

Does he have to be a puppet if he wants to keep Herm, or perhaps he is very egotistical and thinks the can find enough talent for a coach like Herm to be successful?

Mecca
12-16-2008, 08:59 PM
Does he have to be a puppet if he wants to keep Herm, or perhaps he is very egotistical and thinks the can find enough talent for a coach like Herm to be successful?

Most guys won't take a job where they have conditions put upon them like that.