PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Why now? My theory... (Floyd Reese)

AustinChief
12-15-2008, 05:49 PM
I am thinking they knew this was coming for awhile and announced it now because one of their candidates is about to take the Detroit job...

I would love to have Pioli... but doubt that happens... I am thinking we may be getting Floyd Reese, who seems to be interested in the Detroit position.

Anyone have any thoughts?

StcChief
12-15-2008, 05:51 PM
we can hope. anybody but :Lin: Bradaway, Millen .

ChiefsCountry
12-15-2008, 05:52 PM
Hell no to Reese or Casserly or Cowher or Schottenheimer. If they are on tv, then we do not want them. Plain and simple.

Mecca
12-15-2008, 05:53 PM
I'd rather not have Floyd Reese....he put the Titans in a serious cap hell situation and this is the guy that can talk about player character on ESPN all he wants, he drafted Pacman Jones.

AustinChief
12-15-2008, 05:53 PM
Hell no to Reese or Casserly or Cowher or Schottenheimer. If they are on tv, then we do not want them. Plain and simple.
I am not pimping him.. but Reese has one HELLUVA a track record as a GM.

Hard to argue that he isn't proven.

ChiefsCountry
12-15-2008, 05:54 PM

See Mecca's post above.

'Hamas' Jenkins

Bullshit.

Pacman Jones, Vince Young, and the Titans cap hell.

Buehler445
No to Reese please.

chiefs1111
12-15-2008, 05:56 PM
I don't want him anywhere near the Chiefs

dirk digler
12-15-2008, 05:58 PM
Clark said he is interviewing people from playoff teams so I don't think it is going to be anybody that is not in the league right now.

BigChiefFan
12-15-2008, 05:58 PM
He made some damn good moves, too. I like Floyd Reese-he's not my first choice, but I'd take him over Carl Peterson.

the Talking Can
12-15-2008, 05:59 PM
Clark said he is interviewing people from playoff teams so I don't think it is going to be anybody that is not in the league right now.

i agree

AustinChief
12-15-2008, 06:00 PM
Bullshit.

Bullshit back at you...

Steve McNair,Eddie George, Jevon Kearse

111 wins

(from 1999-2006) 3rd in the league in draft choices that remain playing in the NFL

Again, I would rather have Pioli... but I wouldn't mind Reese at all.

AustinChief
12-15-2008, 06:02 PM

My guess is that he made the move today so that he wasn't stuck with leftovers...

I bet he IS interviewing guys on playoff teams... but I also doubt he GETS them...

We will see... in a perfect world, he gets Pioli .. someone who is almost exactly his age and could really thrive here...

Too good to be true though...

Mecca
12-15-2008, 06:05 PM
Chris Polian mark it, that's the #1 guy in my opinion.

ChiefsCountry
12-15-2008, 06:06 PM

Reinfelt from the Titans.

Delano
12-15-2008, 06:06 PM

Let's hope the Colts lose in the first round so the interim period is short.

AustinChief
12-15-2008, 06:07 PM

I wouldn't mind him... but completely unproven... I got the idea that Clark wanted someone proven

Mecca
12-15-2008, 06:09 PM
I wouldn't mind him... but completely unproven... I got the idea that Clark wanted someone proven

Eh, his dad is one of the best ever, he's been working in front offices for years...I'd think he would have picked up alot from his dad and have a desire to show he can do it too.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-15-2008, 06:12 PM
Bullshit back at you...

Steve McNair,Eddie George, Jevon Kearse

111 wins

(from 1999-2006) 3rd in the league in draft choices that remain playing in the NFL

Again, I would rather have Pioli... but I wouldn't mind Reese at all.

There was a time when Bill Parcells was a good player evaluator too. Reese overruled his coach and his OC, who wanted Jay Cutler, for Vince Young. Compound that with Pacman, and he should be blackballed. Combine that with the fact that he ran that franchise into the ground financially, and yeah, he sucks.

Nice job Wiki'ing your argument too.

Accomplishments as a General Manager

Floyd Reese is the winningest General Manager in the history of the Houston Oilers/Tennessee Titans franchise. He has amassed 111 wins. Only Reese and the highly established Kansas City Chiefs (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kansas_City_Chiefs) General Manager, Carl Peterson (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Peterson), have accomplished since the institution of the salary cap. Only two active General Managers in the NFL have more wins than Floyd Reese.
From 1999 - 2006, Reese was 3rd in the league in draft choices that remain playing in the NFL and 7th in the NFL in draft choices remaining on the Titans' roster. Since 1997, Reese brought the Titans to one Super Bowl, two AFC Championships, 2 divisional championships, 4 playoff appearances, and a 5-4 playoff record. He also had two 13-3 seasons and four 11+ win seasons. Reese had a league-high 56 wins from 1999-2003.

Look at his 2005 draft. Every pick sucked except maybe Michael Roos and Bo Scaife...wow.
Look at his 2006 draft. Every pick has underperformed except Cortland Finnegan (or was flat out cut)

His 2004-2006 drafts were Lynn Stiles/Dick Vermeil bad. In many ways, they were worse because he whiffed on top 10 and top 3 picks.

the Talking Can
12-15-2008, 06:12 PM
whoever it was from 810 that interviewed Clark said that Clark wanted someone like himself, meaning younger, more modern....i think Clark is looking at a #2 on a playoff team....

Fairplay
12-15-2008, 06:14 PM
Bullshit.

No one's perfect.

No one among us could pick a stellar draft year after year.

A few eggs will drop.

AustinChief
12-15-2008, 06:14 PM
Eh, his dad is one of the best ever, he's been working in front offices for years...I'd think he would have picked up alot from his dad and have a desire to show he can do it too.

That is PROBABLY a safe bet... I think it is worth the risk... but as I said, I got a feeling he was going for someone more proven.. but who knows.

ChiefsCountry
12-15-2008, 06:15 PM
Just think how scary good the Titans would be with Cutler instead of Young.

dirk digler
12-15-2008, 06:15 PM
My guess is that he made the move today so that he wasn't stuck with leftovers...

I bet he IS interviewing guys on playoff teams... but I also doubt he GETS them...

We will see... in a perfect world, he gets Pioli .. someone who is almost exactly his age and could really thrive here...

Too good to be true though...

I would love to get Pioli but I am with Mecca on this one my first choice is Chris Polian. I thought the Chiefs should have hired him last year

Fairplay
12-15-2008, 06:17 PM
Accomplishments as a General Manager

From 1999 - 2006, Reese was 3rd in the league in draft choices that remain playing in the NFL and 7th in the NFL in draft choices remaining on the Titans' roster. Since 1997, Reese brought the Titans to one Super Bowl, two AFC Championships, 2 divisional championships, 4 playoff appearances, and a 5-4 playoff record. He also had two 13-3 seasons and four 11+ win seasons. Reese had a league-high 56 wins from 1999-2003.

I like this about his resume.

When was the last time we went to a SB?

bowener
12-15-2008, 06:18 PM
I would love to get Pioli but I am with Mecca on this one my first choice is Chris Polian. I thought the Chiefs should have hired him last year

If that is the case does he allow Herm to stay since he is a lover of dungy?

Mecca
12-15-2008, 06:19 PM
If that is the case does he allow Herm to stay since he is a lover of dungy?

Probably not, we'd probably end up with a Colts coach...

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-15-2008, 06:20 PM
No one's perfect.

No one among us could pick a stellar draft year after year.

A few eggs will drop.

Look at the Titans drafts from '04-'06. It's heinous.

bowener
12-15-2008, 06:24 PM
Probably not, we'd probably end up with a Colts coach...

I can accept a mangy dog off the street at this point. Colts are a winning regime, that sounds fine by me.

Mecca
12-15-2008, 06:26 PM
I can accept a mangy dog off the street at this point. Colts are a winning regime, that sounds fine by me.

Just know that if Clark tells any of them they can't fire Herm we'll get alot of guys turning the job down.

bowener
12-15-2008, 06:26 PM
Mort on ESPN just said that Clark said the GM would choose the coach. Did he misspeak? I know it said somewhere CHunt would have final say, but that could just be lip service to Herm.