PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Firing Herm would be a bad idea for 09

Red Dawg
12-15-2008, 09:36 PM
Carl made Herm wait to blow up the roster, Clark gives his blessing and now he gets canned when his young team doesn't have a good record? The team needed this badly and we are going to can the guy for doing it? Not his fault we kept Green and Huard instead of drafting a QB in the first 3 years ago. He did pick Brodie but who the hell knows how fragile a guy is until he plays? This is what the team needed. Herm deserves one more year to put his team together. I think his drafts have been pretty good. Bowe, Flowers, Albert, Charles, Smith, Carr, Dorsey (Don't really know yet). Thiggy and Bradley have looked like steals from other rosters. There are others that have been forced to duty that look promising as well.

Taking into consideration all the shit and all the injuries that's happened Herm deserves another shot.

The players respect him and they have not quit on him. They have fought to stay competetive late in the year and are improving in most areas. Look around the league and it's a fact that HC continuity counts. He's won playoff games and who the hell are we going to get that can put that on their resume? Bill C? No way in hell we land him. Marty? He won't be intrested and most fans don't want him back anyway. Holmgren? He won't coach next year at all. Fassel wants to coach in Oakland for some strange reason. Billick? I hope not.

I hope Clark and the new GM give Herm 09.

the Talking Can
12-15-2008, 09:37 PM
good grief

clutching to mediocrity until the bitter end....

triple
12-15-2008, 09:38 PM
you are either the greatest comedian in human history or drunk

triple
12-15-2008, 09:38 PM
good grief

mediocrity > Herm

FringeNC
12-15-2008, 09:39 PM
good grief

:clap:

the Talking Can
12-15-2008, 09:40 PM
kc fans are the least imaginative, most gutless fans in the league...

they'll swallow long and hard

The Bad Guy
12-15-2008, 09:40 PM
It amazes me some of you dumb pricks have eyes and a pulse.

BigChiefFan
12-15-2008, 09:41 PM
Fail.

Buehler445
12-15-2008, 09:42 PM
:Lin:

Man, funk dat. Herm= absolute fail at....well....everything.

smittysbar
12-15-2008, 09:46 PM
Jesus, what a fucking moron.

chiefsfan3182
12-15-2008, 09:47 PM
this is my first time posting on here and I have read here for several years but I feel the players would have a better sense about a coach them us fans and if a future hall of fame tight end is backing herm then maybe he is the man for the Job

kcxiv
12-15-2008, 09:48 PM
I dont want Herm around, but i can totally see why he would stay 1 more year. Dont have to pay 2 coaches and see if Herm can do anything with the 09 roster.

I am not a fan of Herm at all, i just dont think he's going to be going anywhere until after next season if he doesnt really improve the team.

Reerun_KC
12-15-2008, 09:48 PM
ROFL

Bitch please, Herm needs to be gone 90 seconds after the last game (Buehler445) and lets never look back at mediocrity and shit football again.

Reerun_KC
12-15-2008, 09:49 PM
I dont want Herm around, but i can totally see why he would stay 1 more year. Dont have to pay 2 coaches and see if Herm can do anything with the 09 roster.

I am not a fan of Herm at all, i just dont think he's going to be going anywhere until after next season if he doesnt really improve the team.

He has had 3 years to improve the team... He FAILED!

No thanks, no respectable GM would allow Herm to continue to poison the franchise...

MahiMike
12-15-2008, 09:52 PM
Don't try to ruin our big day you party pooper!

PastorMikH
12-15-2008, 09:58 PM
If making Herm wait to blow up the roster was wrong, wouldn't it also be wrong to hire a GM and make him wait to blow up the coaching staff?

Herm basically blew up the D when he came, he didn't/couldn't/whatever blow up the O. 3 years later, the D is WORSE statistically than it was under Greg Robinson's worst year here.

I'm hoping the removal of Carl paves the way for the removal of Herm come December 29th.

It's time for a complete turn-over from the top suit down. Let the new suits/coaches evaluate which employees with numbers on their shirts stays and goes.

The Bad Guy
12-15-2008, 09:59 PM
this is my first time posting on here and I have read here for several years but I feel the players would have a better sense about a coach them us fans and if a future hall of fame tight end is backing herm then maybe he is the man for the Job

Please never post again.

Thanks.

Otter
12-15-2008, 10:01 PM
Your way of thinking is one of the main reasons the Chiefs are in this mess.

You're afraid of change even when the present sucks.

kcxiv
12-15-2008, 10:03 PM
He has had 3 years to improve the team... He FAILED!

No thanks, no respectable GM would allow Herm to continue to poison the franchise...

Of course he has, but they didnt really decide to blow it up until this last offseason. I am on the fans side, can his ass, but i can see why they would keep him.

TrickyNicky
12-15-2008, 10:04 PM

http://www.deciv.com/images/pa-lesson.gif

smittysbar
12-15-2008, 10:04 PM

As far as I know TG hasn't been backing Herm. Unless I missed something, you might have the Tony backing Tyler confused with Herm.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-15-2008, 10:05 PM
kill yourself.

FringeNC
12-15-2008, 10:07 PM

The same HOF TE who said "changes had to be made" before Herm arrived, and a few months ago demanded a trade? You actually believe TG would say to shit-can his ass if that's what he wanted?

Cornstock
I hate herm as much as the next guy, but in these people's defense i dont want this to turn into oakland where coaches are one and done. Insecurity within an organization and < mediocrity are much worse than plain mediocrity. I can see the logic in letting herm stay one more year as long as the horrendous assistants are gone i.e. krumrie

BigChiefFan
As far as I know TG hasn't been backing Herm. Unless I missed something, you might have the Tony backing Tyler confused with Herm.Tony was on 101 the Fox tonight and he said Herm was the coach to get the job done or something to that effect-that's where he's getting it from.

The Bad Guy
12-15-2008, 10:08 PM
I hate herm as much as the next guy, but in these people's defense i dont want this to turn into oakland where coaches are one and done. Insecurity within an organization and < mediocrity are much worse than plain mediocrity. I can see the logic in letting herm stay one more year as long as the horrendous assistants are gone i.e. krumrie

HE'S WON 6 FUCKING GAMES IN ALMOST 2 SEASONS.

You fucking idiots act like the guy took us to the AFC championship.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-15-2008, 10:08 PM
Herm had the right idea, but he's not the man to execute it. Hitler also had the right idea in wanting to get the Soviets out of the way before the end of 1941. It doesn't mean he executed or designed the plan properly.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-15-2008, 10:09 PM

My god.

Marty was here for 10 years, Gunther for 2, Vermeil for 5, and Herm is ending his 3rd year.

4 Coaches in 20 years, the last one is 2-21 in his last 23 games, and you are worried about us pulling the trigger too soon?

Otter
12-15-2008, 10:12 PM
good grief

"You'll pry my 1970's coaching philosophy and mediocrity from my dead cold hands".

Cornstock
12-15-2008, 10:13 PM
HE'S WON 6 ****ING GAMES IN ALMOST 2 SEASONS.

You ****ing idiots act like the guy took us to the AFC championship.

Maybe you missed the memo about the whole rebuilding thing. idk maybe you didnt. everyone knew we were gonna suck, people on this very website were in support of it. Its stupid to buy out his contract now IMO. 1 more year to see (or more likely than not not see) the "fruits" of his labor. With all new assistants in the vital areas these young players can and will improve. Like i said im not a Herm supporter, but from Hunt's business perspective, cutting him now would seem like a bad business move.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-15-2008, 10:15 PM
Maybe you missed the memo about not being a fucktard.

Let's say we finish #2 and draft Stafford, by the grace of God. Because Herm is Herm, he'll get shitcanned after '09 anyway, so then our second year QB would be learning his second system in two years, with a new position coach, coordinator, and head coach.

That's a great fucking idea for a new QB.

kcpasco
12-15-2008, 10:16 PM
Maybe you missed the memo about the whole rebuilding thing. idk maybe you didnt. everyone knew we were gonna suck, people on this very website were in support of it. Its stupid to buy out his contract now IMO. 1 more year to see (or more likely than not not see) the "fruits" of his labor. With all new assistants in the vital areas these young players can and will improve. Like i said im not a Herm supporter, but from Hunt's business perspective, cutting him now would seem like a bad business move.

The losing doesn't bother me, its the lack of confidence that Herm knows what the hell he is doing that bothers me.

Reerun_KC
12-15-2008, 10:17 PM

There are no fruits to Herms labor, history shows us that his fruits are poisoned...

The Bad Guy
12-15-2008, 10:19 PM

Yeah, bring in the GM, and then tell him he has to keep this dipshit around for another year. Another year wasting a year of young talent.

Maybe you missed the memo about being a fucking retard.

Why do you retards think the word rebuilding = losing. How about you look around the NFL to see what a successful rebuilding is like with a coach who knows what the hell they are doing.

Yeah, real bad. The Chiefs stadium was half fucking full on Sunday. With Herm onboard next year, making the move today was pointless.

KC Jones
12-15-2008, 10:20 PM
I'd rather see Herm gone, but I can understand giving him another year. Whoever the new GM is will have to make the call. I don't think it's unlikely for that person to give Herm one more year if Herm still has the support of the players and staff.

Cornstock
12-15-2008, 10:21 PM
I appreciate the legitimate thought out rebuttles on most of your part, but the 1st grade name calling impresses me the most.

For Gods sake did you not read my post. I said I CAN SEE THE LOGIC IN KEEPING HIM AROUND. Not that i necessarily support it.

'Hamas' Jenkins
If the Chiefs draft a QB in the top five, would you really want Herm back, because then the QB is going to have to learn two systems in two years, and that's how people bust.

Reerun_KC
I'd rather see Herm gone, but I can understand giving him another year. Whoever the new GM is will have to make the call. I don't think it's unlikely for that person to give Herm one more year if Herm still has the support of the players and staff.

Then the NEW GM isnt the GM we need to run this franchise... He would be considered a lame duck and Herm would have more control by running behind the GMs back to Clark...

Herm isnt a man of much integerity, therefore, you have to remove the bad apple.

We cant cut our nose off despite our face...

dirk digler
12-15-2008, 10:23 PM

Tuckdaddy and your idea is stupid. But let's say they do that. What kind of assistant coaches could you bring in for just 1 year? I am sure they all would be lining up to coach with a lame duck coach. If Herm comes back all of the coaches will come back.

Red Beans
12-15-2008, 10:24 PM
It will be interesting to see if and when Herm gets canned, if he gets another shot at HC. The only job Gunther could pick up after his canning was linebackers coach of the Titans...If Herm can't turn it around next year there is no way he bags another HC gig...In my opinion

Cornstock
12-15-2008, 10:25 PM
If the Chiefs draft a QB in the top five, would you really want Herm back, because then the QB is going to have to learn two systems in two years, and that's how people bust.

No i wouldnt. Herm has somewhat of a reputation as a QB ruiner, as anyone one here can agree. Obviously it will be up to the next GM on the whole thing. The decision may start with who we take in the draft, whether its a QB or w/e

macdawg
12-15-2008, 10:26 PM
Carl made Herm wait to blow up the roster, Clark gives his blessing and now he gets canned when his young team doesn't have a good record? The team needed this badly and we are going to can the guy for doing it?

I highly doubt Clark gave permission to be a 2-14 team that looks this bad. Youth movement doesn't mean you have to field one of the worst teams in franchise history, Packers are younger than the Chiefs and they don't look like complete retards every week, they are going to be scary with some maturity.

Cornstock
12-15-2008, 10:26 PM
Tuckdaddy and your idea is stupid. But let's say they do that. What kind of assistant coaches could you bring in for just 1 year? I am sure they all would be lining up to coach with a lame duck coach. If Herm comes back all of the coaches will come back.

They would be the GM's assistants, not aligned so much with any given coach.

ChiefaRoo
12-15-2008, 10:27 PM
Herm sucks the co*k. Goodbye and good riddance.

dirk digler
12-15-2008, 10:29 PM
They would be the GM's assistants, not aligned so much with any given coach.

The problem with that is after you fire Herm the new head coach may not like the coaches you picked. So basically you are screwing 2 head coaches

Cornstock
12-15-2008, 10:31 PM
The problem with that is after you fire Herm the new head coach may not like the coaches you picked. So basically you are screwing 2 head coaches

Possibly, but not necessarily. Hopefully you could trust the GM in picking good enough assistants that the HC wouldnt have any problem with them. But i see your point.

Brock
Why get rid of Carl if you're not going to finish the job and fix his mistakes?

The Bad Guy
I appreciate the legitimate thought out rebuttles on most of your part, but the 1st grade name calling impresses me the most.

For Gods sake did you not read my post. I said I CAN SEE THE LOGIC IN KEEPING HIM AROUND. Not that i necessarily support it.

The fact that you can see the logic in keeping him makes you a retard.

Reerun_KC
12-15-2008, 10:32 PM
Possibly, but not necessarily. Hopefully you could trust the GM in picking good enough assistants that the HC wouldnt have any problem with them. But i see your point.

Then what is the point of keeping Herm?

The Bad Guy
12-15-2008, 10:32 PM

Are you really Herm?

BigChiefFan
12-15-2008, 10:33 PM
It will be interesting to see if and when Herm gets canned, if he gets another shot at HC. The only job Gunther could pick up after his canning was linebackers coach of the Titans...If Herm can't turn it around next year there is no way he bags another HC gig...In my opinion He's done as a Head Coach in the NFL.

Cornstock
12-15-2008, 10:33 PM
The fact that you can see the logic in keeping him makes you a retard.

wow...nice

dirk digler
12-15-2008, 10:34 PM

There is only 2 ways this is going down for next season:

1. New head coach and entire new coaching staff
2. Herm stays and so does the rest of the coaches minus a couple that might take other jobs

Herm is already on record of saying that if he comes back all of his coaches are welcome to come back.

The Bad Guy
12-15-2008, 10:36 PM
wow...nice

If the shoe fits, wear it.

Cornstock
12-15-2008, 10:37 PM
There is only 2 ways this is going down for next season:

1. New head coach and entire new coaching staff
2. Herm stays and so does the rest of the coaches minus a couple that might take other jobs

Herm is already on record of saying that if he comes back all of his coaches are welcome to come back.

Some of these assistants NEED to go. If it turns out to be an all or nothing scenario, cut herm faster than you can say jizz in my pants. Hell just cut him anyway.

Cornstock
12-15-2008, 10:38 PM
If the shoe fits, wear it.

keeping with shoe analogies, i dont see how wearing someone else's makes one a retard.

banyon
12-15-2008, 10:39 PM
The thread title is correct. Let's go ahead and fire Herm while we still have some of 08 left.

The Bad Guy
12-15-2008, 10:39 PM
keeping with shoe analogies, i dont see how wearing someone else's makes one a retard.

Someone should throw shoes at you.

Cornstock
12-15-2008, 10:40 PM
Someone should throw shoes at you.

what would your 1st grade teacher say if she found out you were talking to people like that?

dirk digler
12-15-2008, 10:42 PM
Some of these assistants NEED to go. If it turns out to be an all or nothing scenario, cut herm faster than you can say jizz in my pants. Hell just cut him anyway.

I agree but he isn't going to fire them with 1 year left on their contracts.

It is all or nothing next season.

IMHO Herm is gone so it is a mute point anyway.

Cornstock
12-15-2008, 10:42 PM

agreed

The Bad Guy
12-15-2008, 10:43 PM
what would your 1st grade teacher say if she found out you were talking to people like that?

She'd call you a retard too.

Bwana
Bullshit! Shit can him right away.

banyon

Moot.

dirk digler
12-15-2008, 10:44 PM
Moot.

LMAO

Thanks Banyon

Cornstock
12-15-2008, 10:45 PM
She'd call you a retard too.

Somebody must be getting picked on by the bullies at school

The Bad Guy
12-15-2008, 10:46 PM
Somebody must be getting picked on by the bullies at school

Yep. That's it. You figured it out.

Toad
12-15-2008, 10:48 PM
...Let's say we finish #2 and draft Stafford, by the grace of God. Because Herm is Herm, he'll get shitcanned after '09 anyway, so then our second year QB would be learning his second system in two years, with a new position coach, coordinator, and head coach...

Maybe a bad assumption that Herm will draft Stafford if he is available at our slot. Typically, a HC will draft a player that will help him save his job immediately. That alone is why we need to clean the entire house.

wazu
12-15-2008, 10:54 PM
A GM should be hired ASAP, and Herm should be fired the very next day, followed by a coaching search led by our new GM.

After that, the only ask I have is that we draft a franchise QB. I have to think a new GM will come in knowing that this is the best chance they are ever going to get to do exactly that.

PastorMikH
12-15-2008, 11:04 PM
Firing Herm would be a bad idea for 2009...

Then let's get it done in 2008!

kc rush
12-15-2008, 11:30 PM
http://murdersherote.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/comic20retarded20sperm20jared20hindman2.jpg

Mecca
12-15-2008, 11:39 PM

Yea Tony loved Gunther Cunningham too, not to mention he thinks Tyler Thigpen is the guy at QB, and before that loved Brodie Croyle, lets not put any merit in what he says.

RustShack
12-15-2008, 11:41 PM
Why would it be bad? Just hire someone that can use the same players on offense and defense. Really it doesn't matter though, we can't continue to run the spread and our defense is last anyways.

dallaschiefsfan
12-15-2008, 11:47 PM
Carl made Herm wait to blow up the roster, Clark gives his blessing and now he gets canned when his young team doesn't have a good record? The team needed this badly and we are going to can the guy for doing it? Not his fault we kept Green and Huard instead of drafting a QB in the first 3 years ago. He did pick Brodie but who the hell knows how fragile a guy is until he plays? This is what the team needed. Herm deserves one more year to put his team together. I think his drafts have been pretty good. Bowe, Flowers, Albert, Charles, Smith, Carr, Dorsey (Don't really know yet). Thiggy and Bradley have looked like steals from other rosters. There are others that have been forced to duty that look promising as well.

Taking into consideration all the shit and all the injuries that's happened Herm deserves another shot.

The players respect him and they have not quit on him. They have fought to stay competetive late in the year and are improving in most areas. Look around the league and it's a fact that HC continuity counts. He's won playoff games and who the hell are we going to get that can put that on their resume? Bill C? No way in hell we land him. Marty? He won't be intrested and most fans don't want him back anyway. Holmgren? He won't coach next year at all. Fassel wants to coach in Oakland for some strange reason. Billick? I hope not.

No, no, NO! :cuss: Listening to YOU would be a bad idea for '09. Whether Herm is secretly a good coach or not (and clearly he is not), the best GM candidates would never take this job if they were not allowed 100% free reign to upend the franchise and bring in their guys. I want the best GM. That is the ONLY priority at this point. Any hint that Herm is a non-negotiable part of the deal, then you can rest assured that we're screwed and Clark is going to hire a retread or a former Chief crony that won't do what needs to be done. I want outside blood with a new perspective...just like the late 80's when we finally changed blood. The best GM will get the right coach that will decide what to do with our current roster/talent.

Reerun_KC
12-15-2008, 11:56 PM
No, no, NO! :cuss: Listening to YOU would be a bad idea for '09. Whether Herm is secretly a good coach or not (and clearly he is not), the best GM candidates would never take this job if they were not allowed 100% free reign to upend the franchise and bring in their guys. I want the best GM. That is the ONLY priority at this point. Any hint that Herm is a non-negotiable part of the deal, then you can rest assured that we're screwed and Clark is going to hire a retread or a former Chief crony that won't do what needs to be done. I want outside blood with a new perspective...just like the late 80's when we finally changed blood. The best GM will get the right coach that will decide what to do with our current roster/talent.

QFT, thank you!

Mecca
12-16-2008, 12:00 AM
Why would it be bad? Just hire someone that can use the same players on offense and defense. Really it doesn't matter though, we can't continue to run the spread and our defense is last anyways.

So will people get pissed when the next head coach goes, pistol? spread offense? the fuck is that?

12-16-2008, 12:01 AM
Keep Herm? Wha?

Reerun_KC
12-16-2008, 12:01 AM
So will people get pissed when the next head coach goes, pistol? spread offense? the **** is that?

Dont know, with a new coaching regime, fans might take a look back at Herms attempt at gimmick football and wonder WTF were they thinking...

ChiefsCountry
12-16-2008, 12:08 AM
Herm should go the college route. I think he has the make up to be an excellent college coach. Then he can run the spread or pistol and it would fit in.

Reerun_KC
12-16-2008, 12:10 AM
Herm should go the college route. I think he has the make up to be an excellent college coach. Then he can run the spread or pistol and it would fit in.

ROFL

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-16-2008, 12:12 AM
Herm actually would be a great college coach. I've said it for a long while. He's a bullshitter with no clue how to manage a game. Pretty much sounds like every major college coach to me.

PastorMikH
12-16-2008, 12:15 AM
Say, has San Diego State University hired a HC for their football team yet?

Reerun_KC
12-16-2008, 12:16 AM
Say, has San Diego State University hired a HC for their football team yet?

Yep a day or so ago...

PastorMikH
12-16-2008, 12:35 AM
Yep a day or so ago...

Bummer!

Reerun_KC
12-16-2008, 12:47 AM

ROFL

Herm will get a job in TB working his way back up to scout...

12-16-2008, 12:49 AM
college route? Seriously. How many failures in todays game do we need to finally put that theory to rest?

unothadeal
12-16-2008, 12:51 AM
I'm not as worried about keeping Herm as I am keeping positional coaches and Gunther. They seem to be the ones stunting the growth of our young players.

wazu
12-16-2008, 01:04 AM
I'm not as worried about keeping Herm as I am keeping positional coaches and Gunther. They seem to be the ones stunting the growth of our young players.

And who hires those guys? And if Herm isn't responsible for anything in particular, why do we even need a head coach? Is he only needed for his awesome clock management skillz?

TrickyNicky
12-16-2008, 01:11 AM
Lets assume Herm and the D coaches are given the boot. What would you do with Gailey? See if the next head coach wants to keep him on? Start fresh?

Agent V
12-16-2008, 01:14 AM
ROFL I think he'd make a terrific arena football coach.

TinyEvel
12-16-2008, 01:19 AM
is it too late for :popcorn:

Mecca
12-16-2008, 01:22 AM
Lets assume Herm and the D coaches are given the boot. What would you do with Gailey? See if the next head coach wants to keep him on? Start fresh?

Yea you can't force any coaches on a new coach or you end up with problems.

PastorMikH
12-16-2008, 01:23 AM

You let the new GM and Clark pick the HC, then let the HC and new GM decide what to do with Coordinators and positional coaches.

If Herm is gone, EVERY coach on the staff should be given a pink slip. If the new HC wants to interview them, fine. But they should be his hire, not forced upon him.

crazycoffey
12-16-2008, 01:24 AM

I agree, F the naysayers. This is what happened. Herm may not be the best ever, but I don't know everything. He rates very good to the players, and it's the truth that he just started to get his way this year. I like this year even with him on the sideline, so therefore I agree 100%

TrickyNicky
12-16-2008, 01:25 AM
Herm rates well with the players because 90% percent of them are Black, and his practices are glorified calisthenics.

edit: Actually, calisthenics might be too hard on the players. Don't want any injuries in camp, now.

crazycoffey
12-16-2008, 01:31 AM
that's not the only reason and you know it....

TrickyNicky
12-16-2008, 01:33 AM
Not the only reason, but a huuuuuuuuuge factor. He's a "players coach," which is good because he isn't much of any other type of coach.

Mecca
12-16-2008, 01:34 AM
I don't care if players like Herm, he gets no results. The last thing on my criteria for an NFL coach is if the players like him or not.

crazycoffey
12-16-2008, 01:39 AM
again, not true, if he gets "NO results" he wouldn't rate high in the players pole, even if his practices were the easiest ever. It's more than that and you know it.

Lets save the herm debate for another day. join with me and rejoice that carl is gone. I have yet to see anyone think he should have stayed.

TrickyNicky
12-16-2008, 01:39 AM
If you can hire someone like Tomlin who can maintain the status quo, and also happens to be black. Then, great. Its always a plus. But Herm has been nothing but a well-liked failure.

Mecca
12-16-2008, 01:41 AM
Question, why do you care what players think? Most players will say whatever coach is the coach at that time is the greatest.

TrickyNicky
12-16-2008, 01:47 AM
Isn't that the same player poll that had almost all of the black coaches in the top 10? And yet Bellicheck ranked in the top 5 was also voted in the bottom 5, along with Coughlin.

crazycoffey
12-16-2008, 01:47 AM
Question, why do you care what players think? Most players will say whatever coach is the coach at that time is the greatest.

not all the players that voted for Herm still play for him, unless they only polled jets and chief players....

god you are such an idiot sometimes. be real, for once.....

Mecca
12-16-2008, 01:50 AM
Players like easy coaches....Tom Coughlin is considered an asshole but he gets results right?

After 4-12 and possibly 2-14 the last thing you should be concerned with is what these players like.

crazycoffey
12-16-2008, 01:52 AM
Players like easy coaches....Tom Coughlin is considered an asshole but he gets results right?

After 4-12 and possibly 2-14 the last thing you should be concerned with is what these players like.

bullshit. there are players that just want to collect a couple years pay and get the F out, but the rest want to win. They voted on coaches that make them feel like they can win, not because of easy practices. sorry but you suck at this. go back to watching college and telling us how great USC players are...

Mecca
12-16-2008, 01:54 AM
LOL....yea they like "players coaches" Herm is a rah rah speech guy that makes them feel good about themselves but he's an awful gameday coach that doesn't prepare his teams well.

Funny to see anyone defend Herm after this shit has been on display for several seasons now.

crazycoffey
12-16-2008, 02:06 AM
LOL....yea they like "players coaches" Herm is a rah rah speech guy that makes them feel good about themselves but he's an awful gameday coach that doesn't prepare his teams well.

Funny to see anyone defend Herm after this shit has been on display for several seasons now.

displayed for several seasons? really?

three seasons, and only one has had his mark.... Good or bad even you have to see that.

rah rah speeches have as much impact as calling a good time out. and there are many more variables to count in this discussion.

but I digress, it's time for me to go get some ass.

Mecca
12-16-2008, 02:07 AM
Herm is the worst gameday coach I've ever seen...really he looks like he has no idea what the hell he's doing.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-16-2008, 02:10 AM
displayed for several seasons? really?

three seasons, and only one has had his mark.... Good or bad even you have to see that.

rah rah speeches have as much impact as calling a good time out. and there are many more variables to count in this discussion.

but I digress, it's time for me to go get some ass.

He has 8 years as a head coach in the books minus two games.

He has had records of 4-12, 4-12, 2-12 (and counting) in three of those years and has never won more than 10 games in any season.

Yeah, he sucks.

DaneMcCloud
12-16-2008, 02:39 AM
Herm is the worst gameday coach I've ever seen...really he looks like he has no idea what the hell he's doing.

Then you don't know jack-fucking-shit about football.

Period.

Hell, Tom Bettis and Frank Gansz were worse. How about Marty? JFC, his decisions to kick field goals were fucking epic.

Ever seen Frank Kush? Rich Brooks? Ara Parseghian? Ray Perkins? Al Saunders? Rod Marinelli? Marty Morninwheg? Buddy Ryan? Dennis Green?

Shit, do I need to go on?

WTF??????????????????????????????????????????????

Mecca
12-16-2008, 02:42 AM
I never saw half those guys coach...seeing as I'm not 50 years old.

At this point I feel comfortable saying Dennis Green is a better coach than Herm.

DaneMcCloud
12-16-2008, 02:44 AM
He has 8 years as a head coach in the books minus two games.

He has had records of 4-12, 4-12, 2-12 (and counting) in three of those years and has never won more than 10 games in any season.

Yeah, he sucks.

4-12: Massive injuries. The team went 10-6 after he left after the injured returned.

9-8: (which you didn't mention). No Roaf. No Green. Injured Priest. 400+ yards for LJ.

4-12: Oldest fucking team in the league. No Roaf, Green or Shields. No LJ from week 8 on. 4-3, #1 in the AFC West before losing LJ.

2-12: Youngest team in the league. A super corp of young, talented first and second year players. Lost 7 games by 7 points or less. On the right track.

Mecca
12-16-2008, 02:46 AM
So Dane are you going to be upset when the new GM axes him?

DaneMcCloud
12-16-2008, 02:46 AM
I never saw half those guys coach...seeing as I'm not 50 years old.

At this point I feel comfortable saying Dennis Green is a better coach than Herm.

I'm 43.

You're fucking stupid.

You "may" be familiar with the college game but apparently, you lose your ass in the Pro game.

Oh, and if you're so fucking smart, I'll ask you again: Why haven't you joined us in the game day chat?

DaneMcCloud
12-16-2008, 02:47 AM
So Dane are you going to be upset when the new GM axes him?

IF he fires him, no.

But he certainly deserves a chance to rebuild the team.

He's the first person to have the balls to do so in nearly 40 fucking years.

Mecca
12-16-2008, 02:49 AM
I'm not even online during most of the Chiefs games....

You can personally like Herm that's nice but cmon are you really trying to say he's a good coach?

Chiefs Pantalones
12-16-2008, 03:00 AM
This thread is pointless. The new GM will not retain him.

Mecca
12-16-2008, 03:03 AM
This thread is pointless. The new GM will not retain him.

There seems to be a few people that are going to be upset about that.

DaneMcCloud
12-16-2008, 03:05 AM
A new GM won't retain Herm. But that doesn't mean that Herm's not a good coach.

He's definitely a good coach and a playoff coach to boot.

Super Bowl coach?

Probably not.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-16-2008, 03:08 AM

They better get used to it. A new GM will want his own guy in there. It would be too...awkward....for lack of a better word. The GM can't just come in and be like, "ok Herm, what's going on with this thing you got going on here?" There is no choice. Everything has to start over when you make a change like this.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-16-2008, 03:15 AM
If I'm a GM I want my own guy in there. The only way I'd want the status quo is if we've won titles and still knocking on the door to greatness...BUT I wouldn't have a job at that place because they wouldn't be looking for a new GM now would they? Herm's gone.

Hammock Parties
12-16-2008, 03:21 AM
If Herm is gone, why is he on the radio giving his worthless opinions?

Mecca
12-16-2008, 03:23 AM
If Herm is gone, why is he on the radio giving his worthless opinions?

To give Coffey, Dane, Zouk and whoever the other dudes that like him are hardons? Hell I dunno.

DaneMcCloud
12-16-2008, 03:26 AM
To give Coffey, Dane, Zouk and whoever the other dudes that like him are hardons? Hell I dunno.

Thanks for the response, you fucking moron.

You're opinion carries exactly ZERO weight.

I think you're fucking poser.

Mecca
12-16-2008, 03:28 AM
Dane is making me laugh, insulting me and calling me a poser what is this high school insult night?

In more than 1 thread no less.

DaneMcCloud
12-16-2008, 03:31 AM
Dane is making me laugh, insulting me and calling me a poser what is this high school insult night?

No, everyone's laughing at YOU.

You make a statement but then can't back it up.

You're a POSER.

Mecca
12-16-2008, 03:38 AM
I'm pretty defending Herm Edwards is the funnier part of this.

DaneMcCloud
12-16-2008, 03:44 AM
I'm pretty defending Herm Edwards is the funnier part of this.

No, saying that Herm isn't a good coach is funny.

You're a fucking poser.

Abba-Dabba
12-16-2008, 04:03 AM
No, saying that Herm isn't a good coach is funny.

You're a ****ing poser.

Good coaches are better than 18 games below .500. Good coaches have a winning record over a course of time, say like, oh, 8yrs.

J Diddy
12-16-2008, 04:11 AM
brought to you by the campaign to save herms job.........

oaklandhater
12-16-2008, 05:13 AM

Super Bowl coach?

Probably not.

You do know he didn't do shit with the jets and left that team worst off then we he got there are you seeing a TREND here DANE.

oaklandhater
12-16-2008, 05:15 AM

Thats what Dane Does he turns a friendly debate in to a namecalling match he is the definition of an asshole.

kysirsoze
12-16-2008, 05:16 AM
This whole thread seems moot to me. There's no way a new GM is going to keep a head coach with this terrible track record. The fact that he drafts well means he deserves a job in player personnel, not being the head coach of a professional football team. He is out of his depth. Any GM will want to put his own stamp on the team and the easiest way to do that is fire the inept head coach.

kysirsoze
12-16-2008, 05:17 AM

Super Bowl coach?

Probably not.

Someone who's not a "superbowl coach"..... IS NOT A GOOD NFL COACH!!!

Championships are what people care about! Ask Marty!!!

oaklandhater
12-16-2008, 05:18 AM
4-12: Massive injuries. The team went 10-6 after he left after the injured returned.

9-8: (which you didn't mention). No Roaf. No Green. Injured Priest. 400+ yards for LJ.

4-12: Oldest ****ing team in the league. No Roaf, Green or Shields. No LJ from week 8 on. 4-3, #1 in the AFC West before losing LJ.

2-12: Youngest team in the league. A super corp of young, talented first and second year players. Lost 7 games by 7 points or less. On the right track.

You know what would happen If I made a bunch of excuses at my work about why im not geting my job done they would Fire my ass and find some one who will get it done.

the chiefs are a business GET OVER IT.

oaklandhater
12-16-2008, 05:19 AM
. The fact that he drafts well means he deserves a job.

The jury is still out on that one.

kysirsoze
12-16-2008, 05:27 AM
The jury is still out on that one.

Granted. My only point was that even if he DOES draft well, it doesn't mean he's a good head coach. I sure hope he drafted well for the next guy!

the Talking Can
12-16-2008, 05:35 AM

4-12: Oldest ****ing team in the league. No Roaf, Green or Shields. No LJ from week 8 on. 4-3, #1 in the AFC West before losing LJ.

Parcells has the appropriate response to this sorry list of excuses...

Over-Head
12-16-2008, 05:46 AM
Fassel wants to coach in Oakland for some strange reason.
Really???
Another Coach attempting a professional downfall.:doh!:

Over-Head
12-16-2008, 05:47 AM
It amazes me some of you dumb pricks have eyes and a pulse.ROFLROFLROFL

oaklandhater
12-16-2008, 05:49 AM
Parcells has the appropriate response to this sorry losy of excuses...

which one there are a few that can be link to herm

No matter how much you've won, no matter how many games, no matter how many championships, no matter how many Super Bowls, you're not winning now, so you stink

There is winning and there is misery

In this climate of football as we've witnessed, you have to show some progress or there's a good chance you won't be in some place for very long

Over-Head
12-16-2008, 05:50 AM
Were you dropped on your head repeatedly as a child?

PRIEST
12-16-2008, 06:34 AM
Good coaches are better than 18 games below .500. Good coaches have a winning record over a course of time, say like, oh, 8yrs.

Exactly .I will say Herm Edwards never was & will never be a Head Coach of a NFL team again.He is the NFL laughing stock ,if you look at the Jets it's the same crap over again .You are supposed to learn from you mistakes , not Herman, now Herman may go on to work in the booth or NFL network but other then that Herman is done Coaching .

Fu#king TurdROFL

dallaschiefsfan
12-16-2008, 09:49 AM
Someone already said this, but the discussion is fun...but moot. Herm will be gone unless they choose a GM from within the Chiefs family. No way he's kept by an outside hire.

Having said that, Herm still has job security in a sense. Mark it. He will be working for the NFL in some capacity soon...

Or...he will be Tony Dungy's version of Dick Curl.

SenselessChiefsFan
12-16-2008, 09:55 AM

I am not against Herm coming back. You make several accurate points. My feeling, however, is that a great GM hire is the most important thing this offseason. In no way, do I want the retention of Herm to affect who we can hire at GM.

I think Herm is taking this team in the right direction and I would like to see him come back, but I think a new GM will want to bring in his own guy. And, I don't want the Chiefs to hire a lesser GM that will accept Herm over a better GM that wants his own guy.

crazycoffey
12-16-2008, 10:13 AM

maybe not...
I just don't want to sit here and say I know more about chiefs football operations than anyone else at arrowhead drive, today or at the end of the season.

You seem to know it all, why haven't you become a successful scout yet? Sports writer? work in anything related to sports?

Oh - yeah, because you are just another fan like me = giving opinions, not facts. Stop acting like you know everything.

crazycoffey
12-16-2008, 10:16 AM
I am not against Herm coming back. You make several accurate points. My feeling, however, is that a great GM hire is the most important thing this offseason. In no way, do I want the retention of Herm to affect who we can hire at GM.

I think Herm is taking this team in the right direction and I would like to see him come back, but I think a new GM will want to bring in his own guy. And, I don't want the Chiefs to hire a lesser GM that will accept Herm over a better GM that wants his own guy.

This