PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Did you try to tell/explain to your wife/significant other about CARL resigning?

TinyEvel
12-16-2008, 01:05 AM
I guess this mostly applies to out-of towners?

Sitting at dinner at ISLANDS tonight I ordered the LARGER beer. An justified it by explaining to Mrs. Tiny that Carl stepped down and what it means.

I think she was more interested in getting me to supervise the kids coloring of the menu.

:yawn:

12-16-2008, 01:07 AM

Sitting at dinner at ISLANDS tonight I ordered the LARGER beer. An justified it by explaining to Mrs. Tiny that Carl stepped down and what it means.

I think she was more interested in getting me to supervise the kids coloring of the menu.

My son mentioned it to his mom and she could only say "Carl?"

Once I said Peterson, she stopped what she was doing and said "About damn time."

wazu
12-16-2008, 01:13 AM
My wife understood what it meant. I was in junior high when Carl came to power. At the time I didn't even know what a GM was, and definitely didn't notice it. For me the coach was the head of the organization known as the Chiefs.

Today I basically just told her that the Japanese had finally offered their unconditional surrender.

A new chapter of our lives was beginning, and I would always cherish December 15th, and remember where I was when I heard the news. Thank you, Jesus. Thank you that I lived to see the end of this long, dark era.

JOhn
12-16-2008, 01:15 AM
No wife/significant, but was talking to one of the Chefs (actual cook/chef) here, who also is from KC area, and he's thrilled about it also. So to celabrate, he's going to cook up a couple of steaks for our lunch about 3 am. :D

JOhn
12-16-2008, 01:18 AM
I was in junior high when Carl came to power. At the time I didn't even know what a GM was, and definitely didn't notice it. For me the coach was the head of the organization known as the Chiefs.

Damn, Now i really feel old, I was 22 y/o when he came to power. :eek:

TinyEvel
12-16-2008, 01:18 AM
No wife/significant, but was talking to one of the Chefs (actual cook/chef) here, who also is from KC area, and he's thrilled about it also. So to celabrate, he's going to cook up a couple of steaks for our lunch about 3 am. :D

Are you caretaking the Overlook Hotel?

J Diddy
12-16-2008, 01:22 AM

yeah i was 14 and in jr high

yes you are old

:D

Mecca
12-16-2008, 01:23 AM

I was 9...beat that.

JOhn
12-16-2008, 01:27 AM
Are you caretaking the Overlook Hotel?

No, Blair's Hotel/corperate complex Night manager, filling in for few week on nights til regular guy get back, then hopefully new postion during the days if all goes well.

Blairs (http://www.blairhotels.com/)

crazycoffey
12-16-2008, 01:28 AM
yes I did, but she's met warpath who has a dammit carl t-shirt signed by the fallen carl, so she put that past info into her understanding.

I followed with, many on Chiefsplanet disagree with the coaches, several players, base O and D, but nobody will say, "carl shouldn't have resigned."

she understood and said "baby, lets go celebrate. then have sex and go to bed."

I think I may have to marry this one......

Phobia
12-16-2008, 01:29 AM
My wife told me the moment the Star sent out the breaking news bit. She already knew it was huge news. But then, my wife is pretty awesome.

TinyEvel
12-16-2008, 01:57 AM
My wife told me the moment the Star sent out the breaking news bit. She already knew it was huge news. But then, my wife is pretty awesome.

Yes she is. :clap:

Cornstock
12-16-2008, 02:23 AM
I was 9...beat that.

Me < 1 year haha

teedubya
12-16-2008, 02:27 AM
I told my wife, and she said "Fuck yeah!" and then she made Chicken Lasagne to celebrate.

Sure-Oz
12-16-2008, 04:25 AM
I called the gf at work, she was ecstatic, so she came home and brought some champaigne to celebrate and made some lasagne garlic bread and salad, she rules!

JOhn
12-16-2008, 04:35 AM
Well I had my steak for lunch, now back to work( surfing the net, ROFL).

Abba-Dabba
12-16-2008, 04:58 AM
My wife asked me if I knew and we celebrated by having leftovers!

kysirsoze
12-16-2008, 05:24 AM
I was 9...beat that.

I was 5. I've never known anything but a Carl-run Chiefs franchise. I grew up in KC but now live in LA. I was jumping all over my apartment in excitement...... and no one understood. That's fine. I can't wait for the next few years. Hopefully we don't get another Carl.

Hound333
12-16-2008, 06:27 AM
See I running through the house with all the joy and glee of a 7 year old on christmas morning to tell my wife the good news. Instead I get this.

(barely looking up from her work) "Thats great honey, anything else because I am busy"

She soooooo lied to me about liking to watch Chiefs games when we were dating.

PhillyChiefFan
12-16-2008, 06:34 AM
Yes I did.

She looked like a deer caught in headlights, she didn't understand why I was so happy about it.

All she said was "Ok, good then. Maybe you will be in a better mood on Sundays next season."

:)

PhillyChiefFan
12-16-2008, 06:35 AM
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE

Fire Me Boy!
12-16-2008, 06:38 AM
I told my wife and she said exactly the same thing I said when I saw it here: "Ho. Ly. Shit."

PhillyChiefFan
12-16-2008, 06:49 AM
I told my wife and she said exactly the same thing I said when I saw it here: "Ho. Ly. Shit."

That's exactly what I did, before I started yelling and pumping my fist and scaring the ever living sh*t out of my dog.

InChiefsHeaven
12-16-2008, 06:55 AM
My wife reacted appropriately...she said "No way, really??" She's a Donk fan (I still love her though) and she's always said that as long as Carl is in KC and Al Davis is in Oakland, she never feels like she has to worry about the Chiefs or Raiders...well...now that's changed!!

the Talking Can
12-16-2008, 07:11 AM
i told her we're doing anal tonight

she said, "wait, was Carl fired?"

JOhn
12-16-2008, 07:25 AM
i told her we're doing anal tonight

she said, "wait, was Carl fired?"

ROFLROFL

Bugeater
12-16-2008, 07:32 AM
My wife has no idea who in the hell Carl Petersen is.

PRIEST
12-16-2008, 07:39 AM
Oh yeah , between my Son & I the wife thought we won the lottery .Then I told her and she smiled ,she knew :evil:

Mr. Christopher
12-16-2008, 07:44 AM

That's funny. I saw the news on Mike and Mike this morning...and my first instinct was to tell my wife. But knowing that she would have no appreciation for what I was talking about, I decided to sign back into Chiefs Planet after a six or seven month hiatus.

luv
12-16-2008, 07:44 AM
Tried explaining it to my mom.

Hoover
12-16-2008, 08:01 AM
It was poker night for me and they guys I play with are not KC fans or really NFL guys, more college football fans. I kept talking about how Carl quit, at one point I called the whole table a bunch of Carl's because they folded and started to laugh like a school girl. They didn't get it.

windwalker
12-16-2008, 08:06 AM

I was already teaching at Coastal Carolina, but then I am old... LOL

Fire Me Boy!
12-16-2008, 08:36 AM
I was already teaching at Coastal Carolina, but then I am old... LOL

Whoa... windwalker, we should get a beer.

Not too many Chiefs fans in MB.

kc rush
12-16-2008, 08:38 AM
My wife called me at work and told me Merry Christmas. She also said that she knew I was waiting for Herm to go too, but this is a good start.

She gets it, maybe because I gripe and complain about it often enough, but she gets it.

Mark M
12-16-2008, 08:46 AM
I called The Mrs as soon as I read it here and she about blew my eardrums out yelling for joy.

One of the many reasons why she is The Mrs ...

MM
~~:D

Mars72
12-16-2008, 08:47 AM
Started crying. My wife wanted to know what the hell was wrong. I tried to explain. She was completely lost. I am out here in Donkey / Raider-ville.

HemiEd
12-16-2008, 08:50 AM

ROFL I was 38, it was a very big year for me. I won the pro points at WIR in 88. Hard to believe that was 20 years ago.

Oh, and after 38 years of watching this team, my wife had no idea who Carl Peterson was, when I told her about his resignation.

El Jefe
12-16-2008, 08:57 AM
I was 2 years old when the King came to power. I told my dad, and all he said was "Good maybe know you will stop whining all the time". Not very many Chiefs fans here in Browns and Bengals land.

Mark M
12-16-2008, 09:07 AM
I was 2 years old when the King came to power.

Oh dear lord ...

MM
~~:skip:

Bwana
12-16-2008, 09:14 AM
I was sitting in my office when I read Phil's post. I had to read it twice before it set in and yelled:

YEEEEEEEES!!!!

My wife stuck her head in my office and gave me that "WTF is going on in here" look. I told her and she was happy as well. Not as excited as me, but excited none the less.

seclark
12-16-2008, 09:27 AM
at the table for supper last night:
sec: "carl peterson resigned today"
mrs. sec: "oh my...is that why they weren't at your office Christmas party last week?"
sec: "huh? no...he was the gm of the chiefs."
mrs. sec: "sorry...did you take out the trash when you got home?"
sec: "no, not yet. he was the gm for 20years."
mrs sec: " really? did you remember you had a trustee meeting at the church tonight?"
sec: "yes i did...it's not til 7pm though. you know this is pretty big news for chiefs fans."
mrs. sec:"that's nice...i hope you chew some gum before your meeting. i can smell beer on your breath."
sec: "yeah...i gotta go."

sec

EyePod
12-16-2008, 09:39 AM

I was 4. How does that make you feel???

EyePod
12-16-2008, 09:40 AM
Oh, and my girlfriend couldn't care less about CP. I kept showing her things in the Carl Resigns thread, and then I stopped cause she was getting annoyed. She let me go though and didn't complain one bit. I have to appreciate that!

JOhn
12-16-2008, 09:47 AM
I was 4. How does that make you feel???

nlm

L.A. Chieffan
12-16-2008, 09:52 AM
I saw it on ESPN and said "OH SHIT!" and she said "What?" and I said "THIS IS THE GREATEST DAY OF MY LIFE!" and she said, "You're sleeping on the couch."

Ebolapox
12-16-2008, 09:53 AM
I was 9...beat that.

I was 6. I win until buckin'kaeding comes along.

MOhillbilly
12-16-2008, 09:54 AM
i told the family 'christmas came early'. the 4 year old asked me if it was time to open presents. then all night it was ' we gonna open presents now'. the old lady looked at me like i was crazy. nothing new.

Frazod
12-16-2008, 09:56 AM
My wife understood, but didn't really care.

I did call my uncle in Lee's Summit as soon as I heard (I needed to talk to somebody who actually gave a shit). That was cool because he hadn't heard yet.

Ebolapox
12-16-2008, 09:57 AM
I was 6. I win until buckin'kaeding comes along.

epic fail. buncha young pups on here.