PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs How much is a GM worth?

Ralphy Boy
12-16-2008, 11:02 AM
Obviously everyone on here is saying "get Pioli" and anyone who isn't saying that is saying "why would he leave New England for here?" Considering that, I figure it all comes down to money so how much would it take to get a guy to make a move he wouldn't otherwise.
I found this while trying to figure out what Pioli is making. Cassel & the offensive coordinator are both without a contract for next season.
http://motownsports.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=1712791

If you were in Hunt's shoes, wouldn't you think that the guy running the whole show is worth $10 mil a year? Wouldn't the coach be worth $5 mil a year?

The thing I like best about New England is that they are more capable at adapting their gameplan to the players they have as well as the strengths/weaknesses of their opponent. The teams that try to impose their will on another team are often at a loss when the other team is capable of stopping them yet New England seems to adapt throughout a game.

Mr. Laz
12-16-2008, 11:08 AM
virtually priceless imo

no salary cap for coaches and front office

how much is picking the right draft pick with the 2nd/3rd pick of this years draft worth??

the 2nd pick of the draft will get 40 million dollars and set the tone for the next 10 years .... what's that worth?

10 million for a great GM could repay that investment in a single great draft.

a great GM and personal dept is priceless for an NFL franchise

Brock
12-16-2008, 11:09 AM
I think it has more to do with power than money.

Ralphy Boy
12-14-2009, 12:40 PM
Given the thread title and how everything has unfolded over the last twelve months, I thought it would be interesting to revisit this a year later.

Mr. Laz
12-14-2009, 12:41 PM
he's only had 1 offseason ... and he got a late start at that.

:doh!::doh!::doh!::doh!:

Ralphy Boy
12-14-2009, 12:57 PM

I'm not bagging on Pioli. Just thought it would be interesting to revisit the conversation, given how everything unfolded with KC in regards to Matt Cassel & Pioli and to a lesser extent Josh McDaniels.

Especially since it was almost exactly twelve months ago to the day since I posted that.

burt
12-14-2009, 12:57 PM

By Planet standards, he should have been able to create a new universe in that time.....