PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Vermiel as President

chiefforlife
12-16-2008, 09:23 PM
PRESIDENT VERMEIL?
Posted by Mike Florio on December 16, 2008, 10:05 p.m.

There’s a strong rumor making the rounds in league circles that former Chiefs coach Dick Vermeil could return as team president following the departure of long-time G.M., president, and COO Carl Peterson.

It was Peterson who lured Vermeil out of retirement to coach the Chiefs in 2001, only one season after Vermeil went bawling into the sunset after taking the Rams to a Super Bowl title.

Though it’s possible that Vermeil will serve as G.M. as well, we’re guessing that the Chiefs will be setting up a Parcells-style structure in Kansas City, with a G.M. and a head coach reporting directly to Vermeil.

If Vermeil gets the top job, the chances of Herm Edwards sticking around increases significantly, since Edwards played for Vermeil in Philadelphia.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Noooo!

Mr. Plow
12-16-2008, 09:24 PM
This is a thread that's going to go over well.

Silock
12-16-2008, 09:25 PM
This can't be right. I heard it was going to be Frank Ganz.

JBucc
12-16-2008, 09:26 PM
President: Vermiel
GM: Jaws
HC: Herm with 5 year extension

Dr. Johnny Fever
If this happens I give up on this team... well what little bit I have left. Who needs to ever build a defense. I know, I know he wouldn't "the one drafting"..... yea right.

Buehler445
:Lin:

Mark M
This place is going to turn into a <strike>suppository</strike> repository of every painfully idiotic rumor until Clark picks a GM ...

well, more so than usual.

MM
~~:banghead:

Brock
12-16-2008, 09:28 PM
ROFL This has the Chiefs written all over it. ROFL

OnTheWarpath15
12-16-2008, 09:29 PM
That's all it is.

A rumor. And a retarded one at that.

DV was on all the all-sports-radio stations here in STL after Linehan was fired, and every host asked him point blank if he would be willing to come back to STL if/when Chip Rosenbloom cleaned house in a President/CEO or even consultant role.

His answer?

No. Not for STL, not for anyone.

He's 72 fucking years old, people. He's happy in retirement.

crazycoffey
12-16-2008, 09:29 PM
yea! SS Rumormill to warp speed Mr. Warf.

I like vermeil and all, but I don't even like the idea of this rumor. Vermeil negotiating contracts with rookies and free agents? YIKES

KcMizzou
12-16-2008, 09:30 PM
Wtf? Yeah... right.

PastorMikH
That goes hand in hand with Clark saying he wanted someone without Chiefs ties.

I vote pass on DV.

Hammock Parties
Give Nick credit for not floating this turd.

Zouk
Wow. I didn't know the stuff on profootballtalk could be this wrong.

chiefs1111
12-16-2008, 09:31 PM
This place would melt down in 3 seconds if this happened....ROFLROFLROFL

Mr. Arrowhead
12-16-2008, 09:32 PM
thats a first

crazycoffey
12-16-2008, 09:33 PM

he already hit his turd limit for this week?

FringeNC
12-16-2008, 09:36 PM
Clark has stated very clearly that type of GM he is searching for. If Dick Vermeil was brought back, it would be in some ceremonial role. Clark was much too specific in his comments -- had PFT listened to them, they couldn't have taken this seriously.

ChiefsCountry
12-16-2008, 09:39 PM
Clark basically backhanded Vermeil on the way out. I doubt he is going to hire him.

teedubya
12-16-2008, 09:41 PM
I would become an Indian and join the 'Smack a Ho' tribe if that shit happened.

That was weak... nm

Dr. Johnny Fever
12-16-2008, 09:41 PM
While we're floating retarded rumors, my brother texted me this morning that his friend Tyson in Lee's Summit texted him and said Bill Cowher had bought a house in his neighborhood.

If it happens you heard it here first.

chiefforlife
12-16-2008, 09:43 PM
Clark has stated very clearly that type of GM he is searching for. If Dick Vermeil was brought back, it would be in some ceremonial role. Clark was much too specific in his comments -- had PFT listened to them, they couldn't have taken this seriously.

Thats what I thought, it doesnt make any sense with what Clark stated in his interview.

KcMizzou
12-16-2008, 09:43 PM
I would become an Indian and join the 'Smack a Ho' tribe if that shit happened.

That was weak... nmIt was better than this rumor.

ClevelandBronco
12-16-2008, 09:49 PM
This can't be right. I heard it was going to be Frank Ganz.

Gaz has a first name?

Frazod
12-16-2008, 09:53 PM
Oh, goody. Maybe he can hire Robinson to be our HC.

:#

KcMizzou
12-16-2008, 09:53 PM
Gaz has a first name?Shit, don't let that happen... Arrowhead would be one huge "club level".

Bubble baths and Tequila Rose for everyone!

:D

OnTheWarpath15
12-16-2008, 09:54 PM
While we're floating retarded rumors, my brother texted me this morning that his friend Tyson in Lee's Summit texted him and said Bill Cowher had bought a house in his neighborhood.

If it happens you heard it here first.

ROFL

petegz28
Thats what I thought, it doesnt make any sense with what Clark stated in his interview.

He stated the GM would be from outside, but the President might be internaly promoted.

BigRock
That goes hand in hand with Clark saying he wanted someone without Chiefs ties.

I think that's been misintepreted. Clark said he wasn't going to look at someone currently with the Chiefs, I don't think he meant that he'd ignore anyone who had ever once worked for the team. I have no interest in seeing Cowher come here, just to name one example, but I don't think Clark's going to eliminate him because Cowher happened to be an assistant here 20 years ago.

Uncle_Ted
12-16-2008, 09:59 PM
I think that's been misintepreted. Clark said he wasn't going to look at someone currently with the Chiefs, I don't think he meant that he'd ignore anyone who had ever once worked for the team. I have no interest in seeing Cowher come here, just to name one example, but I don't think Clark's going to eliminate him because Cowher happened to be an assistant here 20 years ago.

Agreed. IIRC he said he was going to look outside the organization. Of course he said he also wanted a "fresh set of eyes" which I don't think Vermeil would be given how recently he was with the organization.

crazycoffey
12-16-2008, 10:03 PM
Agreed. IIRC he said he was going to look outside the organization. Of course he said he also wanted a "fresh set of eyes" which I don't think Vermeil would be given how recently he was with the organization.

who's in this organization now that was here with Vermeil?

ChiefsCountry
12-16-2008, 10:04 PM
President of the Chiefs is a business job. Vermeil wont get it. Its going to be Denny Thum, plain and simple. He has been the brains behind the Chiefs forever and is very very respected in the NFL. He has also been with the team since Stram was here, so he isn't Carl clone.

cabletech94
12-16-2008, 10:52 PM
PRESIDENT VERMEIL?

There’s a strong rumor making the rounds in league circles that former Chiefs coach Dick Vermeil could return as team president following the departure of long-time G.M., president, and COO Carl Peterson.

It was Peterson who lured Vermeil out of retirement to coach the Chiefs in 2001, only one season after Vermeil went bawling into the sunset after taking the Rams to a Super Bowl title.

Though it’s possible that Vermeil will serve as G.M. as well, we’re guessing that the Chiefs will be setting up a Parcells-style structure in Kansas City, with a G.M. and a head coach reporting directly to Vermeil.

If Vermeil gets the top job, the chances of Herm Edwards sticking around increases significantly, since Edwards played for Vermeil in Philadelphia.

Noooo!

Print 'em!!!!

Eh, nevermind. Kill yourself.

StcChief
12-16-2008, 11:09 PM
yea! SS Rumormill to warp speed Mr. Warf.

I like vermeil and all, but I don't even like the idea of this rumor. Vermeil negotiating contracts with rookies and free agents? YIKES
with Vermeil need to go back to TOS.... warp speed Mr Sulu

chuxtrux
12-17-2008, 12:40 AM
Dick Vermeil would be spinning in his grave if he heard this rumor.

12-17-2008, 12:44 AM
PRESIDENT VERMEIL?

Noooo!:#Stoogesgrob

cdcox
12-17-2008, 12:58 AM
President of the Chiefs is a business job. Vermeil wont get it. Its going to be Denny Thum, plain and simple. He has been the brains behind the Chiefs forever and is very very respected in the NFL. He has also been with the team since Stram was here, so he isn't Carl clone.

This.