Pages : [1] 2

Mr. Laz
12-16-2008, 10:36 PM
alone at KCI

wonder why he's in town :hmmm:

jack harry reported it on local news

DeezNutz
12-16-2008, 10:38 PM
Fresh eyes! He hasn't seen the team in years!

Ebolapox
12-16-2008, 10:39 PM
eh, who gives a fuck. marty's probaby in town to bang greg hill's wife.

DeezNutz
12-16-2008, 10:39 PM
Update: Marty's car spotted at Tanners.

Ebolapox
12-16-2008, 10:40 PM

ROFL

ClevelandBronco
12-16-2008, 10:40 PM
I'm still hoping the guy shows up in Cleveland in the next week or so.

ChiefsCountry
12-16-2008, 10:43 PM
As long as he is at Tanner's and not at One Arrowhead Drive then it is fine with me.

petegz28
12-16-2008, 10:44 PM
Coming to your house for a good bj? I told him you were good and cheap. :)

Ebolapox
12-16-2008, 10:44 PM
As long as he is at Tanner's and not at One Arrowhead Drive then it is fine with me.

psst. tanner's is a restaurant that had a waitress (or waitresses) that marty had carnal relations with.

ChiefsCountry
12-16-2008, 10:45 PM
psst. tanner's is a restaurant that had a waitress (or waitresses) that marty had carnal relations with.

I know the story. :)

Tits McGee
12-16-2008, 10:46 PM
eh, who gives a ****. marty's probaby in town to bang greg hill's wife.

Heyooooooooo.......

morphius
NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooo!!!!

Boon
eh, who gives a ****. marty's probaby in town to bang greg hill's wife.

I always wondered what he meant when he said, "Greg Hill is the real deal".

Ebolapox
12-16-2008, 10:47 PM
I know the story. :)

ha. dammit. my sarcasm meter must be shot.

BigRock
12-16-2008, 10:47 PM
Marty's just here 'cause he's a pallbearer at Carl's funeral.

Ebolapox
12-16-2008, 10:48 PM
probaby? what the fuck is probaby?

alanm
12-16-2008, 10:48 PM
He's scouting it out for him and Cowher. ;)

Ebolapox
12-16-2008, 10:49 PM

you go to hell. you go to hell and you die, mr. hat.

alanm
12-16-2008, 10:51 PM
you go to hell. you go to hell and you die, mr. hat.I'm just saying.:shrug:ROFL

12-16-2008, 10:52 PM
He can leave now.

WebGem
12-16-2008, 10:53 PM
Pallbearers don't like herschel walker.

BigRedChief
12-16-2008, 10:55 PM
Marty is to meet with Clark Hunt tommorrow. No details like just for advise or as a candidate for the GM position.

tk13
12-16-2008, 10:55 PM
Haha not this stuff again. It's like the Samare Rolle stuff all over. "Rolle's at the airport! His wife is house shopping!"

Ebolapox
12-16-2008, 10:56 PM
HUGH DOUGLAS IS AS GOOD AS A CHIEF, MOTHERFUCKER!

Rain Man
12-16-2008, 10:56 PM
Was he carrying a tape measure?

DeezNutz
12-16-2008, 10:57 PM
Marty is to meet with Clark Hunt tommorrow. No details like just for advise or as a candidate for the GM position.

Is this an actual report. Or did you get this from my Tanner's source?

melbar
12-16-2008, 10:59 PM

Sure, I know its the cool thing to trash these two as choices, but does anyone here honestly not believe these are 2 of the best Coach/talent evaluators in the entire NFL?

Joke all you want, but either of those guys would be a HUGE positive for the Chiefs let alone both. (never happen, just saying lets be honest)

morphius
12-16-2008, 10:59 PM
Hopefully it is to pull his brain on who he thinks would make a good candidate, and nothing more?

ClevelandBronco
12-16-2008, 11:00 PM
I really don't understand why Marty is poison around here. I (and the internet as a whole) kind of missed those years.

ChiefsCountry
12-16-2008, 11:00 PM
For a Marty update - he is at Bazooka's now.

Mecca
12-16-2008, 11:02 PM
I really don't understand why Marty is poison around here. I (and the internet as a whole) kind of missed those years.

Alot of us would like something new, not to go back to someone who was here before.

Reerun_KC
12-16-2008, 11:03 PM
Sure, I know its the cool thing to trash these two as choices, but does anyone here honestly not believe these are 2 of the best Coach/talent evaluators in the entire NFL?

Joke all you want, but either of those guys would be a HUGE positive for the Chiefs let alone both. (never happen, just saying lets be honest)

Yet people are developing teams and building teams and beat Marty/Cowhers teams down on a yearly basis..

They might be good, but there are plenty out there just as talented and whom can win in the playoffs...

ChiefsCountry
12-16-2008, 11:04 PM

Its like going back to an ex, she was fine at the time but you know what you are getting in the end. Heartbreak.

Reerun_KC
12-16-2008, 11:05 PM
Alot of us would like something new, not to go back to someone who was here before.

This...

Marty is your ex-girlfriend, she would only give you a hand job and maybe sex once every other month, but your best friend was knocking the bottom out of it 3 times a week. you loved her and wanted to marry her, while she was giving him shower anal...

Yeah thats Marty, mr heart ripping out girl...

Ebolapox
12-16-2008, 11:06 PM
This...

Marty is your ex-girlfriend, she would only give you a hand job and maybe sex once every other month, but your best friend was knocking the bottom out of it 3 times a week. you loved her and wanted to marry her, while she was giving him shower anal...

ROFL

shower anal?!?

melbar

At the risk of becoming the broken record, The Chiefs Were the 2nd winningest team in the NFL during his tenior here. We were always competitive. By the look of what he did in SD (14-2) he has grown out of his offensive deficiencies. Great talent evaluator. Great coach and teacher. Class act. This time he wouldnt have Carl to contend with either.

ClevelandBronco

Its like going back to an ex, she was fine at the time but you know what you are getting in the end. Heartbreak.

I know what Cleveland got. Their best teams since the days of Paul Brown.

I remember what Kansas City got as well.

DeezNutz
This...

WTF?!? ROFL

Sorry that had to happen to you, bro.

BigRedChief
12-16-2008, 11:07 PM
Is this an actual report. Or did you get this from my Tanner's source?
No, this is from a credible source thats never been wrong before.

But no reason to panic, IMHO. I'm sure Clark and Marty have talked a lot of football over the years. Marty knows a lot of people in the NFL. Clark might just want to ask him about potential candidates in person. Not the GM position.

Clark said he wanted someone outside the organization. I don't think Marty is coming back.

DeezNutz
12-16-2008, 11:08 PM

But no reason to panic. I'm sure Clark and Marty have talked a lot of football over the years. Clark might just want to ask him about potential candidates. Not the GM position.

Wow. Well, that's interesting stuff. Thanks. :thumb:

sportsman1
This...

LMAO very vivid picture of marty. Not exactly what I wanted lol.

Reerun_KC
WTF?!? ROFL

Sorry that had to happen to you, bro.

:LOL:

Nah, Mrs Reerun and I have been married 17 years on Dec 27.. We were High School sweethearts... But a great story though...

melbar
12-16-2008, 11:10 PM
This...

Huh?
The problem with this analogy is that Marty did put out.

as for your other post, who is better than Marty or Cower? Marty had the wins, Cower also has the wins AND a Super Bowl. Who else out there has a comparable resume?

Mecca
12-16-2008, 11:10 PM
Marty's great in the regular season but I don't think anyone wants to sit through his playoff performances again.

Mecca
12-16-2008, 11:11 PM
Huh?

as for your other post, who is better than Marty or Cower? Marty had the wins, Cower also has the wins AND a Super Bowl. Who else out there has a comparable resume?

Cowher was Marty Jr. until he finally got his team the QB.

sportsman1
12-16-2008, 11:12 PM
No way in hell Marty is back in management or coaching in KC. Print it!

petegz28

But no reason to panic, IMHO. I'm sure Clark and Marty have talked a lot of football over the years. Marty knows a lot of people in the NFL. Clark might just want to ask him about potential candidates in person. Not the GM position.

Clark said he wanted someone outside the organization. I don't think Marty is coming back.

I'm not big on bringing Mary back. But he was the last coach we had who actuallt took us to the playoffs every year and even manged to win a couple of those games. Well, 2 in one year. But that is still better than anyone else we have had. So I guess it could be worse.

Ebolapox
No way in hell Marty is back in management or coaching in KC. Print it!

it's 'print em'

fucking n00bs.

melbar
12-16-2008, 11:14 PM
Marty's great in the regular season but I don't think anyone wants to sit through his playoff performances again.

All I'm saying is he puts a great team on the field everywhere he goes. They know their jobs and they have the talent. He's had some horrible luck and a couple of dumb decisions in the playoffs, but it will happen eventually. HE's too good.
They said Manning couldnt win the big game till he did...

ClevelandBronco

I'd give him the chance again in a heart beat.

Let's talk about the chances the Browns and the Chiefs (and perhaps the Chargers) have had to even participate in the playoffs since Marty left those teams.

StcChief
it's 'print em'

fucking n00bs.we aren't "printin' Sh1t" for awhile.

sportsman1
No.. In order to print em' that would entail a reference that there is going to be a good hire. I still think there is a good chance it will be a bone head hire.

12-16-2008, 11:15 PM
Yeah, lets go back to crapping our pants in the playoffs. Sounds like fun times again.

ClevelandBronco
All I'm saying is he puts a great team on the field everywhere he goes. They know their jobs and they have the talent. He's had some horrible luck and a couple of dumb decisions in the playoffs, but it will happen eventually. HE's too good.
They said Manning couldnt win the big game till he did...

Yeah. That's the thing.

DeezNutz
Fucking Marty can coach his ass off in the regular season. I don't think there's a person alive that would argue this point.

Therefore, we need to hire two coaches. A reg. season coach and a playoff coach. The Chiefs version of the Mexicutioner. A bad MFing closer.

Reerun_KC
12-16-2008, 11:16 PM
Huh?

Well you could of looked at Parcells or Holmgren is still out there... Both have accomplished at least what Cowher has or more... Brian Billick, is even out there, even though I am not a fan. There are a couple of threads that list possible GM's Pioli or Poilan would be a good choice, with steve spag's from NYG as a possible HC...

You know there are alot of possibilities out there, we could go to a new GM from a winning organization, an young coach... Which means a fresh outlook on the franchise and future.

Honestly melbar, I am not ready to relive the 90's just yet. They were heartbreaking and disappointing to say the least.

Reerun_KC
12-16-2008, 11:17 PM
I'm not big on bringing Mary back. But he was the last coach we had who actuallt took us to the playoffs every year and even manged to win a couple of those games. Well, 2 in one year. But that is still better than anyone else we have had. So I guess it could be worse.

see 2006-2008

melbar
12-16-2008, 11:17 PM

Let's talk about the chances the Browns and the Chiefs (and perhaps the Chargers) have had to even participate in the playoffs since Marty left those teams.

Exactly.

To play off another post, At least we'd have a girlfriend who will get in the shower and mess around...even if she hasnt finished yet....

We havent even has a smooch in years...

ClevelandBronco
12-16-2008, 11:18 PM
****ing Marty can coach his ass off in the regular season. I don't think there's a person alive that would argue this point.

Therefore, we need to hire two coaches. A reg. season coach and a playoff coach. The Chiefs version of the Mexicutioner. A bad MFing closer.

Marty goes down for taking Bernie Kosar against John Elway?

I don't get it.

Reerun_KC
12-16-2008, 11:18 PM

Sure lets do that, but first lets talk about all the playoff wins Marty had first...

If I am correct he is what 5-15ish in the playoffs?

BigRedChief
12-16-2008, 11:19 PM
He may have regular meetings with Clark Hunt as a consultant for all we know.

Reerun_KC
Exactly.

To play off another post, At least we have a girlfriend who will get in the shower and mess around...even if she hasnt finished yet....

ROFL

melbar
Well you could of looked at Parcells or Holmgren is still out there... Both have accomplished at least what Cowher has or more... Brian Billick, is even out there, even though I am not a fan. There are a couple of threads that list possible GM's Pioli or Poilan would be a good choice, with steve spag's from NYG as a possible HC...

You know there are alot of possibilities out there, we could go to a new GM from a winning organization, an young coach... Which means a fresh outlook on the franchise and future.

Honestly melbar, I am not ready to relive the 90's just yet. They were heartbreaking and disappointing to say the least.

Parcells just took a job
Billick had 1 good year and nowhere near the winning record
Holmgren...see Billick

Just saying

StcChief
12-16-2008, 11:20 PM
He may have regular meetings with Clark Hunt as a consultant for all we know.that would not surprise me.

Mecca
12-16-2008, 11:20 PM
Exactly.

To play off another post, At least we have a girlfriend who will get in the shower and mess around...even if she hasnt finished yet....

That sounds good now until you are in that position.

Then you'll suffer from organizational blue balls.

Reerun_KC
12-16-2008, 11:21 PM
Parcells just took a job
Billick had 1 good year and nowhere near the winning record
Holmgren...see Billick

Just saying

That is why a fresh outlook isnt always a bad thing... We finally have a chance to break away from the reign of terror that was Carl and his coaching bush.

Lets not revisit the past just because we are scared to let go of the 90's and mediocrity.

DeezNutz
12-16-2008, 11:22 PM
Marty goes down for taking Bernie Kosar against John Elway?

I don't get it.

Huh?

I'm just playing. Marty is snake-bitten in the playoffs. So many things happened that aren't his fault, SD being the latest example.

At some point, though, his reputation, IMO, can start to influence the performance of the team. Sounds like bullshit, I know, but the same thing happened with Carl Peterson in this town. Something wrong with the team? Carl. Player a bit slow to sign? Must be Carl. It became a built-in excuse.

This is the worst thing possible.

melbar
12-16-2008, 11:23 PM
That sounds good now until you are in that position.

Then you'll suffer from organizational blue balls.

Ya, but you gotta think that thing will go off while your cleanin it sometime:evil:

ClevelandBronco
He may have regular meetings with Clark Hunt as a consultant for all we know.

Clark Hunt could hardly find a better football mind to pick.

Marty is one fumble and one dumbass underestimation of Elway away from being a guy who could have coached, and possibly won, two Super Bowls.

FringeNC
What reason is there to believe Marty would make a good GM? Does having success as a HC in the regular season guarantee you'd be a successful GM or something? Like the Vermeil rumor, this one makes no sense, given the language Clark used.

Reerun_KC
12-16-2008, 11:24 PM
What reason is there to believe Marty would make a good GM? Does having success as a HC in the regular season guarantee you'd be a successful GM or something? Like the Vermeil rumor, this one makes no sense, given the language Clark used.

Marty brought us Bones, Thugs and Marty....

Maybe we need some auto theft rings in KC or something again...

12-16-2008, 11:25 PM
What reason is there to believe Marty would make a good GM? Does having success as a HC in the regular season guarantee you'd be a successful GM or something? Like the Vermeil rumor, this one makes no sense, given the language Clark used.Vermeil rumor? WHAT? God no.

ClevelandBronco
12-16-2008, 11:25 PM
And folks, let's not forget that there is only one hall of famer on those Cleveland teams.

He made a bunch of regular guys come close. That's Marty.

Reerun_KC
12-16-2008, 11:26 PM
He made a bunch of regular guys come close. That's Marty.

So basically he was a tease? :eek:

melbar
12-16-2008, 11:26 PM
That is why a fresh outlook isnt always a bad thing... We finally have a chance to break away from the reign of terror that was Carl and his coaching bush.

Lets not revisit the past just because we are scared to let go of the 90's and mediocrity.

I wouldnt say mediocrity...That was a sweet time to be a Chiefs fan.

I'm not even saying that It has to be Marty, I'm just saying he gets a bad wrap thats all. I certainly wouldnt cry.

ClevelandBronco
12-16-2008, 11:28 PM

He's an overachiever.

Always has been.

So basically he was a tease? :eek:Isn't that the norm around here?

Reerun_KC
I wouldnt say mediocrity...That was a sweet time to be a Chiefs fan.

I'm not even saying that It has to be Marty, I'm just saying he gets a bad wrap thats all. I certainly wouldnt cry.

yeah it was a sweet time, you just knew that you werent destined to be in the playoffs for long, but alot of regular season fun...

He gets a bad rap, because he has earned a bad rap for flaming out so many times in the playoffs.. You know a sun shines on a dogs as from time to time, unless your Marty.

ClevelandBronco
12-16-2008, 11:30 PM
Shit. Look at the Chargers without him.

Look at the Chiefs without him.

Look at the Browns without him.

The man gets guys to play at a different level.

splatbass
Clark said he wants a GM that is committed to the youth movement. I don't think Marty ever liked playing young players. I don't think he fits Clarks plans.

Boon
I'd like to see Marty go back to Cleveland and win it all.

Then go home.

Reerun_KC
Isn't that the norm around here?

seems to be way it goes..

Marty was the tease,
Gun was the one night stand
DV was the emotionally attached physco
Herm is the gum chewing blonde with the IQ of a dead tree stump

Skip Towne
12-16-2008, 11:31 PM
yeah it was a sweet time, you just knew that you werent destined to be in the playoffs for long, but alot of regular season fun...

He gets a bad rap, because he has earned a bad rap for flaming out so many times in the playoffs.. You know a sun shines on a dogs as from time to time, unless your Marty.

While Marty is in town he should take a side trip to OKC just to slap the shit out of you.

Reerun_KC
12-16-2008, 11:31 PM
Shit. Look at the Chargers without him.

Look at the Chiefs without him.

Look at the Browns without him.

Yep and then guys like Norv takes his team further than he has been in 13 years in the playoffs, then starts driving the team down to Herm like levels...

ClevelandBronco
12-16-2008, 11:32 PM
Good grief. Belichick followed Marty in Cleveland and even he couldn't win there.

Mecca
I wonder if we'll be able to go a day without talking about Marty or Cowher.

Reerun_KC
While Marty is in town he should take a side trip to OKC just to slap the shit out of you.

I will just tell him the playoffs are about to start and he will panic and drive to tulsa so you can hold him...

Just give me a GM that believes in a balanced team for crying out loud.

Shit, I guess you could argue that we already have him.

melbar

ROFL

better a tease than a prude!

Clark said he wanted a talent evaluator...Marty has the rep as a great talent evaluator, and a great football mind.

ClevelandBronco
12-16-2008, 11:33 PM
I'd like to see Marty go back to Cleveland and win it all.

Then go home.

I'd throw a party that you all would be invited to.

Reerun_KC
12-16-2008, 11:33 PM

Yes once we break away from the Carl and Herm saga, sign a new GM and coaching staff, then we will offically be rid of the history that haunts us...

Reerun_KC
12-16-2008, 11:34 PM
ROFL

better a tease than a prude!

Clark said he wanted a talent evaluator...Marty has the rep as a great talent evaluator, and a great football mind.

But marty is not a fresh outlook on the franchise...

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-16-2008, 11:35 PM
True Fans break out the knee pads and suspend their gag reflex.

melbar
Just give me a GM that believes in a balanced team for crying out loud.

Shit, I guess you could argue that we already have him.

Shitty on both sides...:rolleyes:

petegz28

sounds like you have that down to a fine science.

Reerun_KC

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_33_20.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=_undefined)

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb113&pp=ZNxdm824YYUS (http://smiley.smileycentral.com/download/index.jhtml?partner=ZSzeb113_ZNxdm824YYUS&utm_id=7921)

12-16-2008, 11:36 PM
Shitty on both sides...:rolleyes:yep:thumb:

Reerun_KC
seems to be way it goes..

Marty was the tease,
Gun was the one night stand
DV was the emotionally attached physco
Herm is the gum chewing blonde with the IQ of a dead tree stump

Reerun your funny!

melbar
yep:thumb:

And by the way...AMEN!

ClevelandBronco
12-16-2008, 11:37 PM

Has your phone been ringing, 'Hamas'?

You've gotta be on the short list.

triple
12-16-2008, 11:37 PM
i dont believe it. if marty were meeting with clark (who doesn't even live in KC does he?) he would be on a private flight, have a driver picking him up, all that jazz.

marty isn't flying delta and sitting through a 5 hour delay and making connections from wherever he lives and having babies spit up on him and taking a crap in the shoebox sized bathroom, and waiting in line at KCI by the baggage carousel if he is coming here to meet with one of the richer people in america about basically a CEO job

Mecca
12-16-2008, 11:38 PM
Has your phone been ringing, 'Hamas'?

You've gotta be on the short list.

What is with this response? I don't get why people say stuff like this, I guess no one should have any views cause god forbid they don't work in the NFL.

triple
12-16-2008, 11:39 PM
What is with this response? I don't get why people say stuff like this, I guess no one should have any views cause god forbid they don't work in the NFL.

theres a difference between having views and acting like you have special insight that makes people idiots for questioning you

Reerun_KC
i dont believe it. if marty were meeting with clark (who doesn't even live in KC does he?) he would be on a private flight, have a driver picking him up, all that jazz.

marty isn't flying delta and sitting through a 5 hour delay and making connections from wherever he lives and having babies spit up on him and taking a crap in the shoebox sized bathroom, and waiting in line at KCI by the baggage carousel if he is coming here to meet with one of the richer people in america about basically a CEO job

Most of the people we fly around never make it to the terminal... They are picked up in limos or SUV's on the ramp...

We land and taxi to the general aviation FBO's (fixed base operators) which are really nice gas service stations for the passengers and pilots.

ClevelandBronco

Hmm.

Yeah.

Well there's that.

Can you give us a break and stop inserting reality into this?

Mecca
12-16-2008, 11:40 PM
theres a difference between having views and acting like you have special insight that makes people idiots for questioning you

You mean like watching a story play out for 10 years, being whacked in the head with that stick over and over and then asking for it again?

12-16-2008, 11:41 PM
You mean like watching a story play out for 10 years, being whacked in the head with that stick over and over and then asking for it again?Now we are all beaten wives.

ClevelandBronco

It's cool.

You post like an asshole. Ask your friends.

It's not like we don't enjoy it.

triple
You mean like watching a story play out for 10 years, being whacked in the head with that stick over and over and then asking for it again?

i dont know or care what you are talking about. i was just trying to say that people hate know it alls, especially those with no reason to be uppity about themselves

Mecca
12-16-2008, 11:42 PM
i dont know or care what you are talking about. i was just trying to say that people hate know it alls, especially those with no reason to be uppity about themselves

You missed out on an analogy but I'm uppity ok.

ClevelandBronco
12-16-2008, 11:44 PM

Then, again, maybe some of us don't enjoy it all that much...

Reerun_KC
12-16-2008, 11:44 PM
Now we are all beaten wives.

:eek:

We turning into MU fans?

teedubya
12-17-2008, 12:06 AM
Is Jack Steadman still alive? Perhaps he can come back as GM?

Mr. Arrowhead
12-17-2008, 12:10 AM
Marty was hired as a Hitman, so he can take out Carl for good and put him out of his misery. Hes doing it for us KC.

Reerun_KC
12-17-2008, 12:11 AM
Marty was hired as a Hitman, so he can take out Carl for good and put him out of his misery. Hes doing it for us KC.

Then if he puts the gun to himself we can have the double whammy and be rid of the bonds of mediocrity forever!

Ebolapox
12-17-2008, 12:13 AM
fuck. let's hire gary busey as GM. that would be entertaining.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-17-2008, 12:20 AM
you go to hell. you go to hell and you die, mr. hat.

LMAO

Mr. Flopnuts
12-17-2008, 12:24 AM

Their best teams since Hank Stram? Yeah, fuck that. I don't want that again.

I'll take Marty Schottenheimer in any capacity he wants to join this team. And I'd thank him for being here.

Reerun_KC
12-17-2008, 12:25 AM
Their best teams since Hank Stram? Yeah, **** that. I don't want that again.

I'll take Marty Schottenheimer in any capacity he wants to join this team. And I'd thank him for being here.

:thumb:

Right, but every person should have to stand up and take a good swift kick in the nuts at every home game for old time sakes...

wazu
12-17-2008, 12:57 AM

That's not the job of a GM.

chiefs1111
12-17-2008, 01:02 AM

That would be a wonderful day if it ever happened...

RedThat
12-17-2008, 01:07 AM
I dont know but why do some of you seem like you have something against Marty? Like you want to have absolute no part of him whatsoever? Why? I mean, please tell me your reasons I'd like to know. And please don't mention "he can't win a playoffs." I don't wanna hear that bullsh*t because they said the same things about a lot of guys i.e., Cowher, Dungy, P.Manning etc. I'll admit hes had bad luck. But just as easily a few things could've gone the right way and this man could've been in 2, 3 SBs easily. The guy was heads and shoulders above better then anyone else we've had. And still imo is one of the best guys out there.
All Marty ever did was win. Is there anything wrong with that? You guys tell me. honestly. He has the ability to turn around teams and its not like he hasn't done it before? I see a lot of good coming from Marty.

First off, he is a good evaluator when it comes to talent. And IS a good coach as far as player development goes especially when it comes to defense. I think he knows and understands the importance of having good coaches around him. loved the fact that he also brought in a great coaching staff around him when he was here. Marty teams are fundamentally sound(something thats missing on this team now). and guess what his players play for him. And his teams play with passion. Marty would bring a lot here. Marty would fill a lot of things that are missing on this team right now. And i actually think KC would be a great situation for him.

Mecca
12-17-2008, 01:13 AM
Should we discuss Bone Thugs and Marty...

12-17-2008, 01:15 AM
Damn, move on people. We have an opportunity to finally go another direction and all people can talk about is the past.

Mecca
12-17-2008, 01:16 AM
Damn, move on people. We have an opportunity to finally go another direction and all people can talk about is the past.

This market is overly sentimental.

splatbass
12-17-2008, 01:18 AM
I think he knows and understands the importance of having good coaches around him. loved the fact that he also brought in a great coaching staff around him when he was here.

I like Marty, but can you seriously say that Jimmy Raye, Paul Hackett, and his brother Kurt were good coaches?

12-17-2008, 01:20 AM
I like Marty, but can you seriously say that Jimmy Raye, Paul Hackett, and his brother Kurt were good coaches?I can't believe you just put those names and good in the same sentence.:shake:

12-17-2008, 01:21 AM
This market is overly sentimental.I loved the 90's but I also remember how every season ended. Going back to that would not be progress.

splatbass
12-17-2008, 01:33 AM
I can't believe you just put those names and good in the same sentence.:shake:

I'm so ashamed....:redface:

RedThat
12-17-2008, 01:34 AM
I like Marty, but can you seriously say that Jimmy Raye, Paul Hackett, and his brother Kurt were good coaches?

I don't think those guys were good coaches, but I was thinking more along the lines of Cowher, Dungy, Marvin Lewis those kinda guys.

Pushead2
12-17-2008, 01:38 AM
Can we get Brian Billick(spelling) as our next HC?

RedThat
12-17-2008, 01:39 AM
Then again, I wont deny that Raye, Hackett, and K Schottenheimer were bad coaches, but lets not forget he had Cam Cameron in San diego and Wade Phillips. Those guys are good to have as co-ordinators.

ClevelandBronco
12-17-2008, 01:47 AM
Their best teams since Hank Stram? Yeah, **** that. I don't want that again.

Yep. Exactly. The guy is a winner.

ClevelandBronco
12-17-2008, 01:51 AM
That's not the job of a GM.

You want him only as a GM?

Great idea. He'll find talent where you've never seen it.

He's a better coach, but he'd be a great GM.

J Diddy
12-17-2008, 01:51 AM

therein lies the problem with marty

he likes to have his buddies/families around

ChiefJustice
12-17-2008, 02:14 AM
therein lies the problem with marty

he likes to have his buddies/families around

I wouldn't mind seeing Grunny as our OL coach.

keg in kc
12-17-2008, 02:24 AM
Well, if there's anything that could turn the glorious week of Carl leaving into a total pile of dogshit, it would be the reappearance of martyocre.

J Diddy
12-17-2008, 02:44 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing Grunny as our OL coach.

when grunny talked gleefully about how the team just layed down in atlanta in gunthers final game as head coach he lost me

I loved grunny and he betrayed me as a fan. So fuck him.

booger
12-17-2008, 02:45 AM
Not as likely but could talk about his boy Brian and if or when he would be ready to become a HC. Again not likely.

The rumors about Cowher have been pretty much since he retired that he would want a personell guy who he knows or has worked with that he would want in a Scott Pioli role (non GM role, not final say) as a VP of Player personell or a similar role. 3 names that are mentioned in these rumors(might find it in the PFT archives with them saying Cowher to Washington the last 2 offseasons) are Denny Thum, Russ Ball (started under Marty and I don't think ever actually worked for Cowher in Pit) now with the saints, and Omar Khan of the Steelers in more of a Administative or Salary Cap role. Chuck Cook, Ron Hughes, College Scouting Coordinator and Kevin Colbert, Director of Football Operations, both of the Steelers are both the names mentioned as the lead personell guys he would like to have.

You have to remember like Marty, Cowher had a power/personell struggle with President Tom Donahoe before he quit/resigned and went to buffalo. Marty knows a thing or two about those power plays as well. He could be coming out to evaluate Herm and if Hunt would be making a mistake if he actually is considering keeping him.

He could be trying to get Marty to act as a go between to gauge interest in Cowher without it becoming public knowlege so he doesn't have to deal with the fallout if he couldn't get it done. Who the hecks knows, i''m sure we'll be hearing plenty in the next few days/weeks.

bringbackmarty
12-17-2008, 03:49 AM
Fuck you guys. He is the perfect G.M. Shrewd talent evaluator, football guy, proven winner.

So what if he can't run an offense. Offense is pussy ball. Marty could straighten out our D-. We run the spread, play real d, powerball when we get ahead, leave Gailey where he is at.....

Suddenly it...

Looks like New England and Pittsburg fucked, and had a kid named Kansas City.

And the kid is ready to put up 30 ppg, and win 10-15 games a year.

J Diddy
12-17-2008, 03:52 AM
**** you guys. He is the perfect G.M. Shrewd talent evaluator, football guy, proven winner.

So what if he can't run an offense. Offense is pussy ball. Marty could straighten out our D-. We run the spread, play real d, powerball when we get ahead, leave Gailey where he is at.....

Suddenly it...

Looks like New England and Pittsburg ****ed, and had a kid named Kansas City.

And the kid is ready to put up 30 ppg, and win 10-15 games a year.
bam morris, andre rison, chester mcglockton, grbac

those were all players he wanted

oh yeah, and there is one thing you missed about pittsburg and new england fucking, they have coaches who have won championships

bringbackmarty
12-17-2008, 04:01 AM
But marty is not a fresh outlook on the franchise...

how long's it been? We played No-o-steal their heartball, fagball, and playtowinthegameball, since he left. What we got? Two playoffs in Ten years?

Winning shit seems to repeat itself. Look at the fucking Titans, Steelers, and Giants. Anything stick out to you?

They run, they play hella D.

Fuck you.

What goes around comes round. If we want to win the afc, we need killer defense, esp. w\cutlermarshall, RiversGates, and Mvcfadden in our div.

Not to mention Manning and Brady. The only reason those teams did well is because their defenses have way overachieved, and one fluke year where NE was unstoppable, until what? They played a tough ball control offense. With a fucking kick ass defense.

Shut up on the Marty bashing. Defense wins, anything else is fagball.

Mecca
12-17-2008, 04:04 AM
2 of those teams have franchise QB's.......you can play all the defense you want if you got a scrub QB you're gonna lose, just like the Chiefs did.

12-17-2008, 04:10 AM
**** you guys. He is the perfect G.M. Shrewd talent evaluator, football guy, proven winner.

Suddenly it...

Looks like New England and Pittsburg ****ed, and had a kid named Kansas City.

And the kid is ready to put up 30 ppg, and win 10-15 games a year.Overlooking the fact that you might actually be serious with this post.....

That was funny as hell.ROFLROFLROFL

bringbackmarty
12-17-2008, 04:11 AM
bam morris, andre rison, chester mcglockton, grbac

those were all players he wanted

oh yeah, and there is one thing you missed about pittsburg and new england ****ing, they have coaches who have won championships

Why don't you prove what he really he wanted carl was gm then too. He signed off on those players. He had no autonomy then, just like SD. He quit cause he fucked a players wife, and Lamar said this is out of control. That was 10 years ago. Doubt he can fuck anything now. Also all of those players were productive. Way better than Hicks, Holliday, Samie Parker, Jeff Webb, Croyle, Huard, Siavii, Sims, Tyler, MCbride, do I need to continue? Didn't we at least go to the playoffs the year before the meltdown?

Different job motherfucker.

He won't be calling plays, just players.

bringbackmarty
12-17-2008, 04:13 AM
2 of those teams have franchise QB's.......you can play all the defense you want if you got a scrub QB you're gonna lose, just like the Chiefs did.

tell that to the ravens, of for that matter last years giants. Eli is a drunk, and only half as good as his bro.

Tell that shit to the steelers in the 70's.

bringbackmarty
12-17-2008, 04:14 AM
Or hell the san francisco 49ers. of yesteryear.

bringbackmarty
12-17-2008, 04:14 AM
Gibb's 1st skins?

bringbackmarty
12-17-2008, 04:17 AM
What would have helped us win on sunday more than anything. Do not say a kicker. He was kicking into 30+ mph swirling winds?

A defense which had actual nfl caliber lb's and line. Don't give me the Tamba shit, law of averages, and the charger oline actually sucks this year.

J Diddy
12-17-2008, 04:21 AM
Why don't you prove what he really he wanted carl was gm then too. He signed off on those players. He had no autonomy then, just like SD. He quit cause he ****ed a players wife, and Lamar said this is out of control. That was 10 years ago. Doubt he can **** anything now. Also all of those players were productive. Way better than Hicks, Holliday, Samie Parker, Jeff Webb, Croyle, Huard, Siavii, Sims, Tyler, MCbride, do I need to continue? Didn't we at least go to the playoffs the year before the meltdown?

Different job mother****er.

He won't be calling plays, just players.

fact being he wanted those players and he got them
just like vermeil wanted those players and he got them
I remember watching a clip from marty when he was an analyst before he went to the redskins. Claiming he would never coach for a gm who wouldn't let him have player control.
constant being cp got them for him
marty has a view of playing football that is not conducive to winning a championship

since it is the gm's duty to hire the coach who fits that view, in essence he will be calling the plays

btw hicks was signed when schottenheimer was the head coach

J Diddy
12-17-2008, 04:22 AM
What would have helped us win on sunday more than anything. Do not say a kicker. He was kicking into 30+ mph swirling winds?

A defense which had actual nfl caliber lb's and line. Don't give me the Tamba shit, law of averages, and the charger oline actually sucks this year.

defense played well, definitely well enough to win

J Diddy
12-17-2008, 04:22 AM
tell that to the ravens, of for that matter last years giants. Eli is a drunk, and only half as good as his bro.

Tell that shit to the steelers in the 70's.

me thinks you're drunk

bringbackmarty
12-17-2008, 04:23 AM
Guess you guys got owned, where the fuck are you pussies?

Fuck you, I am a Chiefs fan. Defense is Chiefs football. DT, Smith, Lanier, Bell, and a bunch of other bad motherfuckers. Fuck gunther, get rid of that shit, too old. Young coaches, old g.m. with a fb background. Look at miami? They are going to come whip the shit out of us this weekend, and it only took em a year.

bringbackmarty
12-17-2008, 04:24 AM
defense played well, definitely well enough to win

Really, 190 passing yards and how many points in the fourth quarter?

Fuck you.

Mecca
12-17-2008, 04:24 AM
This is hilarious.

bringbackmarty
12-17-2008, 04:26 AM
I remember watching a clip from marty when he was an analyst before he went to the redskins. Claiming he would never coach for a gm who wouldn't let him have player control.
marty has a view of playing football that is not conducive to winning a championship

since it is the gm's duty to hire the coach who fits that view, in essence he will be calling the plays

So, you prove my point even more, out of all of those scrubs he was actualy productive for the season he was with marty.

J Diddy
12-17-2008, 04:27 AM
Really, 190 passing yards and how many points in the fourth quarter?

**** you.

do you know what a football looks like?

you want to have a conversation or sling insults, because it appears to me you throw the "fuck" word in to mask your knowledge

bringbackmarty
12-17-2008, 04:27 AM
This is hilarious.
yeah, you guys trying to debate football with me is hilarious.

Refute me bud.

bringbackmarty
12-17-2008, 04:28 AM
do you know what a football looks like?

you want to have a conversation or sling insults, because it appears to me you throw the "****" word in to mask your knowledge
Ain't hearin no knowledge, just defensiveness.
I'm sorry, nothing personal.
Sick of the ignorance.

J Diddy
12-17-2008, 04:29 AM
So, you prove my point even more, out of all of those scrubs he was actualy productive for the season he was with marty.

dumbass, you claimed vermeil got him

go play some madden and pick up some more old timer chiefs players names to try to validate yourself

Mecca
12-17-2008, 04:30 AM
The league today is a QB driven league.

J Diddy
Sick of the ignorance.

dude

you're being the defensive one, pull the sand out of your puss

bringbackmarty
Still haven't refuted me, 5 minutes guys, two on one.

J Diddy
12-17-2008, 04:32 AM
Sick of the ignorance.

yeah because a coach who has never won a superbowl and a losing record in the playoffs with several teams would be a great pick in his first job as a gm to try to get us a superbowl

and I'm ignorant

Mecca
12-17-2008, 04:32 AM
What the hell are you even talking about?

J Diddy
12-17-2008, 04:36 AM
What the hell are you even talking about?

Don't you question me motherfuckers

Nothing personal, just sick of the ignorance.

LOL, this guy is a douche. I truly love how he spouted off about hicks, dissed football knowledge and didn't even know when this guy came into the league and who was the head coach who didn't cut him.

JOhn
12-17-2008, 04:36 AM
Man I LOVED the glory years we had when Marty was here.....:D

But Dear God NO!!!!!!!
Please DO NOT let him come back here in any role.:eek::shake::grr::cuss:

J Diddy
12-17-2008, 04:37 AM
yeah because a coach who has never won a superbowl and a losing record in the playoffs with several teams would be a great pick in his first job as a gm to try to get us a superbowl

and I'm ignorant

damn you got served.............:D

Mecca
12-17-2008, 04:38 AM
Wasn't 10 years of Marty enough?

bringbackmarty
12-17-2008, 04:43 AM
How many superbowls has Pioli won as coach? (I would be perfectly happy with Pioli too btw) What's your point? Marty has football acumen, maybe he doesn't have the correct coaching philosophy, maybe it just didn't work out for him. It's not like every little thing was under his control. He had winning teams. He helped resurrect one of the worst franchises of the time. He has won almost everywhere as coach. He knows good football.

He is a top tier candidate for the open GM pos. here. You should be happy if he were to accept the job.

However, he is here for some other reason. Too soon for a GM interview.

J Diddy
12-17-2008, 04:47 AM
How many superbowls has Pioli won as coach? (I would be perfectly happy with Pioli too btw) What's your point? Marty has football acumen, maybe he doesn't have the correct coaching philosophy, maybe it just didn't work out for him. It's not like every little thing was under his control. He had winning teams. He helped resurrect one of the worst franchises of the time. He has won almost everywhere as coach. He knows good football.

He is a top tier candidate for the open GM pos. here. You should be happy if he were to accept the job.

So let me get this straight, even you say maybe he doesn't have the correct coaching philosophy, but I should be happy if he were to accept the job. It would be carl peterson version 2.0

12-17-2008, 04:51 AM
So let me get this straight, even you say maybe he doesn't have the correct coaching philosophy, but I should be happy if he were to accept the job. It would be carl peterson version 2.0Well, 1.75 maybe.

bringbackmarty
12-17-2008, 04:58 AM
damn you got served.............:D
Hardly.

Still haven't refuted me. Now you are calling me names I can do that too.

Crying little Vermiel Fagball pussy.

Defense played well enough to win on sunday, or any sunday? All I need to refute you my 10 year old son told me the other day when I asked him if he would watch the game with me. He said, "Dad the games are all the same. The chiefs get ahead, look like they are going to win, and the other team scores a bunch of points on us, and we lose.

Struggling to get double digit team sacks on the season. I saw philly get 6 in one game a few weeks ago.

Let's hire some offensive minded "guru" to run our franchise with the offenses we have to face in the nfl, when it looks like our offense is the only thing right with this team. Nevermind that we have the worst defense in the afc.

Defense Wins Championships.

I am out. Flame away. You refuted jack shit.

Not one real reason why he would be a bad GM, just a bad coach. Which he is not...

Just not a great coach.

bringbackmarty
12-17-2008, 05:03 AM
So let me get this straight, even you say maybe he doesn't have the correct coaching philosophy, but I should be happy if he were to accept the job. It would be carl peterson version 2.0
The GM job......Not the coaches. Marty won't be calling plays, just players.

Equating Marty's football knowledge to Carl's is ignorant.

the Talking Can
12-17-2008, 05:12 AM
please god no

what a fucking disaster

MahiMike
12-17-2008, 07:26 AM
You guys are overreacting. He's probably just here to visit with Carl. They'll go out to Hooters or something.

Demonpenz
12-17-2008, 07:34 AM

I know this quote is because he was having sex with a girl from tanners, but i think it's easily as funny to picture him eating 2 or 3 of their booogie or whatever hamburgers

chiefzilla1501
12-17-2008, 07:34 AM
I"m a big Marty fan, but your argument is completely off-base. How many times has Marty negotiated a deal or gone balls deep into scouting other teams? Marty's a great judge of talent, but he doesn't have experience with personnel. Pioli does. As a coach, you don't deal nearly as much with personnel--you usually have a VP of personnel and a head of scouting that handles that.

My fear is that Marty is an outstanding coach, but that also means that he's among the best at coaching up decent talent. The fact that the three places Marty has been for extended time (Cleveland, KC, San Diego) were awesome when he was there but horrible 2 years after he left is a strong indicator that his players aren't overly talented, but were very well coached.

I think Marty's strength is taking average players and coaching them up to the next level. If he's not there doing that on the sidelines, I don't know how good his eye for talent would be.

Brock
12-17-2008, 08:05 AM
So I guess Herm might be staying, eh?

the Talking Can
12-17-2008, 08:07 AM
So I guess Herm might be staying, eh?

more likely than not, i think

patteeu
12-17-2008, 08:13 AM

I sure don't either. Marty was the best thing to happen to this franchise since Superbowl IV, with the possible exception of Carl Peterson.

patteeu
12-17-2008, 08:35 AM

Belichick was head coach when New England signed Chiefs' castoff, Monte Beisel.

reiko57
12-17-2008, 08:48 AM
im sorry but if i remember correctly, when i was a kid the chiefs WON more than they lost

marty coming back could ONLY be good for this team

Brock
12-17-2008, 08:54 AM
im sorry but if i remember correctly, when i was a kid the chiefs WON more than they lost

marty coming back could ONLY be good for this team

Plus he's a safe, sure bet to get this team back up to 10-6 as quickly as possible so the pesky fans will stop complaining and get back to spending money. There won't be any sales job or troublesome thinking necessary.

reiko57
12-17-2008, 08:59 AM
maybe you can ejaculate to your herm lifetime contract fantasies later, that team wouldn't be near the pussies they are now if marty was here

BigChiefFan
12-17-2008, 09:00 AM
Yes, let's hire a man with zero GM experience and partner him up with conservative Herm, that'll get us over the hump. WTF??

BigChiefFan
12-17-2008, 09:01 AM
Plus he's a safe, sure bet to get this team back up to 10-6 as quickly as possible so the pesky fans will stop complaining and get back to spending money. There won't be any sales job or troublesome thinking necessary.No, the goal is to wallow in mediocrity for years and years.

Brock
12-17-2008, 09:02 AM
No, the goal is to wallow in mediocrity for years and years.

I thought that went without saying.

BigChiefFan
12-17-2008, 09:04 AM
I thought that went without saying.The plan worked!!:D

Sully
12-17-2008, 09:13 AM
The problem I'd have with Marty is this...
He said many times while he was here that he wanted the strongest team 1-53. While he ended up with a few stars, he was more interested in having depth. That's great in the regular season, but in the playoffs, you need playmakers. While I'm sure he, like every other coach, loves playmakers as mucha s the next guy...when your priorities are building the best team 1-53, then you sort of paint yourself into a corner in getting elite guys.

Rausch
12-17-2008, 09:22 AM
I'll always have a fond spot in my heart for Marty. Same thing for my big squeeze in high school.

Not that I ever want to see either of them in my livingroom while the Chiefs are playing...

dirk digler
12-17-2008, 09:33 AM
Reading some of these posts are kind of confusing. You would think that they are bringing back Marty to coach the team not be GM.

I am torn on the idea of Marty possibly being the GM because I don't think that he has the skill sets for the job.

BigRedChief
12-17-2008, 09:35 AM
Both Clark Hunt and Herm have publically stated that discussion of "when" not "if" King Carl should resign has been ongoing all year.

Clark is not an idiot. I'm sure he's given lots of thought to who he would like to take the job.

Baby Lee
12-17-2008, 09:35 AM
The problem I'd have with Marty is this...
He said many times while he was here that he wanted the strongest team 1-53. While he ended up with a few stars, he was more interested in having depth. That's great in the regular season, but in the playoffs, you need playmakers. While I'm sure he, like every other coach, loves playmakers as mucha s the next guy...when your priorities are building the best team 1-53, then you sort of paint yourself into a corner in getting elite guys.

But if you try to get the best that you can fit in in all 53 positions, that's 53 chances to get the best in the league, AND you don't risk sinking elite players with a subpar rest of the team [read, all those teams with great receivers and shitty lines, or great offenses with shitty D].

Sully
12-17-2008, 09:39 AM
But if you try to get the best that you can fit in in all 53 positions, that's 53 chances to get the best in the league, AND you don't risk sinking elite players with a subpar rest of the team [read, all those teams with great receivers and shitty lines, or great offenses with shitty D].

I understand that. And it's a great regular season strategy. It gets you a ton of 13-3 seasons.

But late in a playoff game, you should be relying on your third string linebacker to make a play. You hope you have a stud #1 linebacker who can lift the rest of the team.

Skip Towne
12-17-2008, 09:56 AM
Marty does not leave jobs because of poor records. In every case he has left as a result of a meddlesome owner or GM (or both). For once I'd like to see what he can do if he has control. Hand him the reins and GET THE HELL OUT OF HIS WAY.

bowener
12-17-2008, 11:27 AM
I dont know about Marty as GM, but didnt Clark say the GM's sole job would be to run the team and find talent? That is it. If that is the case, I trust Marty far more than any of the douche's we have at arrowhead now. I also think that Marty learned in SD that he can control and run a team and allow his OC and DC to do their jobs and find what works for them best as a team. Problem is, I think, it would end up being like the Tuna down in Miami, where the coach picked would be a puppet on strings... of course that seems to have worked out quite well for now at least.

Maybe Clark wants him to come in for a few years and speed up the rebuilding process or some shit. I dont know. I do know that Marty hates the ****ing raiders though, so that would be fun 2 times a year again, and I really think he might hate the Chargers more now, at least the front office.

edit: Is Wade Phillips going to get fired soon? If so, will that be something we have to keep a weary eye on? I honestly dont want Marty back, Id like to have a true fresh perspective on football in arrowhead.

HemiEd
12-17-2008, 11:39 AM

I agree, and both teams were erected from piles of shit.

FringeNC
12-17-2008, 11:41 AM
If Marty was coming back, I'd much prefer it to be in the role of coach instead of GM. Marty's strength seemed to be coaching up players, especially on the defensive side of the ball. I just don't see how that translates into being an effective GM.

DT58HOF
12-17-2008, 11:43 AM
He is going to be named Head Coach President and Gm of All Chiefs Football relations!!

DaneMcCloud
12-17-2008, 11:44 AM
I agree, and both teams were erected from piles of shit.

In the Brown's case, that may be true. I'm not familiar with the personnel before Shottenheimer was hired.

In the Chiefs case, abso-fucking-lutely NOT.

Steadman and Schaaf had difficulty in hiring a successful coach. But when Marty arrived in 1989, that roster was absolutely STOCKED with talent.

Lowery, DeBerg, Alt, Carson, Paige, Okoye, Hayes, Cherry, Burress, Lewis, Ross, Hackett, Mass, Smith - the roster was brimming with talent. Add DT in the top and draft and BAM! 8-7-1, then 11-5 the next season.

The demise of Marty in KC began when Peterson & Shottenheimer couldn't adequately replace those players on the roster through the draft.

HemiEd
12-17-2008, 11:50 AM

Yeah, it has been so much fun lately, going back to the 90s would really suck.

DT58HOF
12-17-2008, 11:51 AM
What the hell do these people not remember the 90's?
bneside that won Super Bowl almost 40 years ago,lol
the 90's is all we had and it was pretty great, we just didn't win it all but hell neither did like 28 other teams, Marty was the best times in K.C. in almost 40 years, The thing i know about Marty is he is a Chief at heart, he would die for the K.C. Chiefs he will do whatever it takes to make us better.

MVChiefFan
12-17-2008, 11:52 AM

ROFL I would LOVE to go back to the 90's...at least we had a shot every year.

DaneMcCloud
12-17-2008, 11:52 AM
Marty does not leave jobs because of poor records. In every case he has left as a result of a meddlesome owner or GM (or both). For once I'd like to see what he can do if he has control. Hand him the reins and GET THE HELL OUT OF HIS WAY.

WRONG.

Marty was fired in Cleveland because he refused to hire an offensive coordinator after the departure of Lindy Infante. Modell wanted a true offensive coordinator and Marty said no.

Marty "resigned" in KC after going to and receiving personnel control from Carl. The result was McGlockton, Bam Morris and the Monday Nite Meltdown.

Marty was fired in Washington after coaching the Redskins to 8-8. He went to Snyder and asked for personnel control and for Vinny Cerato to be removed. He was fired.

Marty went to Spanos in San Diego asking for personnel control from A.J. Smith. Spanos and Smith fired Marty.

Shottemheimer also petitioned Ernie Accorsi, the Cleveland GM to draft Mike Junkin with the 5th overall pick in the 1987 draft. He was a bust. So what did Marty do? He convinced Peterson to trade for him in 1989. He was a bust for the Chiefs as well.

No thanks.

DT58HOF
12-17-2008, 11:54 AM
WRONG.

Marty was fired in Cleveland because he refused to hire an offensive coordinator after the departure of Lindy Infante. Modell wanted a true offensive coordinator and Marty said no.

Marty "resigned" in KC after going to and receiving personnel control from Carl. The result was McGlockton, Bam Morris and the Monday Nite Meltdown.

Marty was fired in Washington after coaching the Redskins to 8-8. He went to Snyder and asked for personnel control and for Vinny Cerato to be removed. He was fired.

Marty went to Spanos in San Diego asking for personnel control from A.J. Smith. Spanos and Smith fired Marty.

Shottemheimer also petitioned Ernie Accorsi, the Cleveland GM to draft Mike Junkin with the 5th overall pick in the 1987 draft. He was a bust. So what did Marty do? He convinced Peterson to trade for him in 1989. He was a bust for the Chiefs as well.

No thanks.

and every team got worse the next year without him!!

Skip Towne
WRONG.

No thanks.

You've got it all wrong. I've explained it to you before and I'm not going through it again.

DaneMcCloud

I guess if you think losing in the first round of the playoffs is fun, then yeah, go back to the 90's.

Funny thing: Every time I'd visit KC after the Chiefs losses in the playoffs, all I'd hear from friends and family is that the Chiefs "suck". Even after two 13-3 seasons, it was "The Chiefs suck".

Now I see people pining for those days?

Wow.

patteeu
I do know that Marty hates the ****ing raiders though, so that would be fun 2 times a year again, and I really think he might hate the Chargers more now, at least the front office.

Good point. That's a big plus imo. And the San Diego part of your point might also be something that would attract Marty to this job just to get some payback.

DaneMcCloud
12-17-2008, 11:55 AM
You've got it all wrong. I've explained it to you before and I'm not going through it again.

Really?

No Skip, you've never explained it and YOU'VE got it all wrong.

I live in reality; you live in fantasy.

OnTheWarpath15
12-17-2008, 11:57 AM
I sure don't either. Marty was the best thing to happen to this franchise since Superbowl IV, with the possible exception of Carl Peterson.

Well, that tells you how fucked up this franchise is then.

The best thing to happen to this franchise other than the Super Bowl win resulted in a whopping .300 winning percentage in the playoffs.

DaneMcCloud
12-17-2008, 11:57 AM

Washington Redskins Coach Marty Schottenheimer is balking at a request by team owner Daniel Snyder to relinquish some of his authority to a new general manager, sources close to the situation said yesterday. Schottenheimer also is reluctant to agree to any settlement that would end his one-year tenure with the club for less than the approximately $7.5 million owed to him for the remaining three seasons on his contract, sources said.

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P2-328467.html

milkman
12-17-2008, 11:59 AM
ROFL I would LOVE to go back to the 90's...at least we had a shot every year.

No we didn't have a shot every year.
It was an illusion.
You drank deeply from the kool aid fountain.

They were the upper echelon of mediocrity.

Teams that have a shot actually, you know, win playoff games.

Skip Towne
12-17-2008, 11:59 AM
I guess if you think losing in the first round of the playoffs is fun, then yeah, go back to the 90's.

Funny thing: Every time I'd visit KC after the Chiefs losses in the playoffs, all I'd hear from friends and family is that the Chiefs "suck". Even after two 13-3 seasons, it was "The Chiefs suck".

Now I see people pining for those days?

Wow.

Your "friends" are too small of a sample size. Somebody took a poll of favorite Chiefs coaches a couple of years ago and Marty won, beating even Stram.

OnTheWarpath15
12-17-2008, 12:00 PM
No we didn't have a shot every year.
It was an illusion.
You drank deeply from the kool aid fountain.

They were the upper echelon of mediocrity.

Teams that have a shot actually, you know, win playoff games.

Hey, people around here are happy to get to the playoffs, then lose 70% of the time....

:rolleyes:

KCrockaholic
12-17-2008, 12:00 PM
Why wouldnt you guys like to have a coach who wants to win? Marty was all about the attitude and wanting to win. without him our team turned to panzies. we havent had a D since Marty left! atleast when Marty was here we had a shot to make it every frickin year! Now we just hope we make it to .500 and were happy. WTF people?

DaneMcCloud
12-17-2008, 12:02 PM
Your "friends" are too small of a sample size. Somebody took a poll of favorite Chiefs coaches a couple of years ago and Marty won, beating even Stram.

Yep, the "True Fans".

:shake:

Skip Towne
12-17-2008, 12:03 PM
Why wouldnt you guys like to have a coach who wants to win? Marty was all about the attitude and wanting to win. without him our team turned to panzies. we havent had a D since Marty left! atleast when Marty was here we had a shot to make it every frickin year! Now we just hope we make it to .500 and were happy. WTF people?

Rep

DaneMcCloud
12-17-2008, 12:05 PM

The Chiefs haven't had a defense since they had two shutdown corners and two playmakers coming off each end.

Defensive doesn't begin and end with Marty Schottenheimer.

FringeNC
12-17-2008, 12:07 PM
I think it's pretty clear that Carl and Gun had nothing to do with defensive success of the Marty years.

I think it's also pretty clear that Carl had nothing to do with the offensive success of the Vermeil years.

It seems that Carl was in fact a disaster without a HOF coach but Carl's ego led to Gun and Herm -- he wanted to show everyone that he was responsible for the strengths of the team.

Skip Towne
12-17-2008, 12:07 PM
Hey, people around here are happy to get to the playoffs, then lose 70% of the time....

:rolleyes:

You're right. We really should build a dynasty. Why don't those dumbfucks build us a dynasty?

KCrockaholic
12-17-2008, 12:16 PM
The Chiefs haven't had a defense since they had two shutdown corners and two playmakers coming off each end.

Defensive doesn't begin and end with Marty Schottenheimer.

well it sure has ended with Marty. If this team we have today had a great defense again we would be sitting at about 10 wins right now. Nearly all of the Thigpen games have been busted by bad defense! we wouldve beat TB, NYJ, SD (1st time), SD (2nd time), Denver, we couldve even beaten Buffalo if we had a good defense again.

Im not saying without Marty our defense will suck. I think we need a guy with Marty's style and attitude if we want to be competitive again. Atleast with Marty we had "raider week" with herm we have "another game". Marty tried to win the game. Herm talks about winning the game. Its a whole different attitude when Marty was here and i wouldnt mind having that back again and being able to make the playoffs each year.

DaneMcCloud
12-17-2008, 12:16 PM
I think it's pretty clear that Carl and Gun had nothing to do with defensive success of the Marty years.

You're correct. Albert Lewis, Kevin Ross (and later James Hasty & Dale Carter) and Neil Smith and Derrick Thomas were the reason the Chiefs defense had success. I can name 10 defensive coordinators who would have the same success with such talent at those positions.

I think it's also pretty clear that Carl had nothing to do with the offensive success of the Vermeil years.

Carl helped to acquire Brian Waters, Will Shields, Casey Weigemann, Priest Holmes, Willie Roaf, Tony Gonzalez, Larry Johnson and Johnnie Johnson. They all fit the Coryell offense that Saunders had run his entire coaching career. Vermeil only ran it ONE YEAR with Mike Martz.

It seems that Carl was in fact a disaster without a HOF coach but Carl's ego led to Gun and Herm -- he wanted to show everyone that he was responsible for the strengths of the team.

I don't buy this at all. Peterson asked Vermeil to coach the Chiefs in 1989. He refused. By 1999, Vermeil was with the Rams so CP decided to promote Gunther and "continue" Marty's success. Once Vermeil agreed to return to coaching in KC, Gunther was fired. As to Edwards, we all know that Peterson signed him as an undrafted free agent in Philly, hired him as a scout in the early 90's, urged Bradway to hire him in NY and once Vermeil retired, he targeted him as the coach in KC.

Peterson wanted to work with friends. Plain and simple. THAT was part of his undoing. It's tough to say "NO" to friends.

DaneMcCloud
12-17-2008, 12:18 PM
well it sure has ended with Marty. If this team we have today had a great defense again we would be sitting at about 10 wins right now. Nearly all of the Thigpen games have been busted by bad defense! we wouldve beat TB, NYJ, SD (1st time), SD (2nd time), Denver, we couldve even beaten Buffalo if we had a good defense again.

Im not saying without Marty our defense will suck. I think we need a guy with Marty's style and attitude if we want to be competitive again. Atleast with Marty we had "raider week" with herm we have "another game". Marty tried to win the game. Herm talks about winning the game. Its a whole different attitude when Marty was here and i wouldnt mind having that back again and being able to make the playoffs each year.

You're missing the point: The Chiefs defense was GREAT because of the TALENT, not the coaches.

It's hard to fuck up when you've got guys that have more than 125 sacks each along with shut down corners.

Or are you implying that the scheme is why the Chiefs defense was so dominant with Thomas, Smith, Lewis and Ross?

If so, ROFL

milkman
12-17-2008, 12:22 PM
You're missing the point: The Chiefs defense was GREAT because of the TALENT, not the coaches.

It's hard to **** up when you've got guys that have more than 125 sacks each along with shut down corners.

Or are you implying that the scheme is why the Chiefs defense was so dominant with Thomas, Smith, Lewis and Ross?

If so, ROFL

Not to mention some damn good interior lineman in Saleamua, Maas and Phillips.

blueballs
12-17-2008, 12:23 PM
Mary got herpes sores
at Bazookas

HemiEd
12-17-2008, 12:27 PM
In the Brown's case, that may be true. I'm not familiar with the personnel before Shottenheimer was hired.

In the Chiefs case, abso-****ing-lutely NOT.

Steadman and Schaaf had difficulty in hiring a successful coach. But when Marty arrived in 1989, that roster was absolutely STOCKED with talent.

Lowery, DeBerg, Alt, Carson, Paige, Okoye, Hayes, Cherry, Burress, Lewis, Ross, Hackett, Mass, Smith - the roster was brimming with talent. Add DT in the top and draft and BAM! 8-7-1, then 11-5 the next season.

The demise of Marty in KC began when Peterson & Shottenheimer couldn't adequately replace those players on the roster through the draft.

My mistake, I meant they were both losers. I wasn't intending to talk about their talent level. You can have a team full of talent, and still be losers. The Chiefs had been losers for almost two decades at the time. Plenty of talent had come and gone, but they were still losers.
That is my main concern for this team now, losing becomes a habit. I got so SICK of hearing each head coach say "they just need to learn how to win."

patteeu
12-17-2008, 12:30 PM

It's hard to **** up when you've got guys that have more than 125 sacks each along with shut down corners.

If so, ROFL

So since you seem to be giving most of the credit for the success of the Chiefs teams of the 90's to the pre-Carl/Marty regime's stockpile of players, do you want Jack Steadman back as GM?

Mark M
12-17-2008, 12:32 PM
Maybe Marty just came to KC to eat a Tanner's.

I hear he's a big fan of their waitstaff ...

MM
~~;)

DaneMcCloud
12-17-2008, 12:33 PM
So since you seem to be giving most of the credit for the success of the Chiefs teams of the 90's to the pre-Carl/Marty regime's stockpile of players, do you want Jack Steadman back as GM?

ROFL

No, I'm just pointing out Carl's horrendous track record as a personnel "guru" and that Marty essentially won instantly due to the existing talent on the roster.

ChiefsCountry
12-17-2008, 12:35 PM

MM
~~;)

16 pages too late. :D

HemiEd
12-17-2008, 12:35 PM

MM
~~;)

Or maybe he is taking care of some parental obligations?

Mark M
12-17-2008, 12:36 PM

I had no desire to read through this whole fucking thread and see if it had been posted, so I took the chance.

I win some, I fail some ...

MM
~~:D

KCrockaholic
12-17-2008, 12:37 PM

If so, ROFL

yes the players are the ones that did the job, but who wanted those players? Marty did. w/o marty we wouldve never kept those guys. Or James Hasty.

DaneMcCloud
12-17-2008, 12:37 PM
Or maybe he is taking care of some parental obligations?

Was this ever proven to be factual? I wasn't living in KC at the time but all of my friends seemed to be convinced it was true.

Was there ever confirmation or was it pure speculation?

patteeu
12-17-2008, 12:38 PM

He just hadn't made it to post 4 yet. :)

DaneMcCloud
12-17-2008, 12:39 PM
yes the players are the ones that did the job, but who wanted those players? Marty did. w/o marty we wouldve never even picked up any of those guys, or James Hasty.

No.

No, no, no, no, no, no, no.

First off, why WOULD Marty or any coach release players like Cherry, Maas, Hackett, Ross, Smith, Okoye, et al? The answer is simple: They wouldn't.

Marty had his choice of San Diego or Kansas City after being fired by Cleveland. One look at the roster was all he needed to make a decision.

The Chiefs were LOADED. High first and second round picks up and down the roster.

What coach wouldn't take that opportunity?

Skip Towne
12-17-2008, 12:39 PM
Every time Marty has left the team has gone to hell. Where does that talent go when he leaves?

DaneMcCloud
12-17-2008, 12:42 PM
Every time Marty has left the team has gone to hell. Where does that talent go when he leaves?

That's not true.

He went 7-9 his final season in KC. The Chiefs were 9-7 in 1999 and a kicker away from the playoffs.

The Chargers went to the AFC Championship game the year after his firing in San Diego, when yet again, he flamed out in the first round.

Washington hasn't gone to hell. They were there and have remained there.

Skip Towne
12-17-2008, 12:45 PM
That's not true.

He went 7-9 his final season in KC. The Chiefs were 9-7 in 1999 and a kicker away from the playoffs.

The Chargers went to the AFC Championship game the year after his firing in San Diego, when yet again, he flamed out in the first round.

The Browns did, the Chiefs did and the Chargers are in the process.

Brock
12-17-2008, 12:45 PM
It was pointed out, though, and accurately IMO, that San Diego's drafts went from pretty spectacular to "eh" as soon as Marty left. I think there is something to this. Their drafts from 2004-2006 are model, IMO.

KCrockaholic
12-17-2008, 12:46 PM
That's not true.

whoa, thats the key right there. Norv's 1st year as coach he was living off of Martys team! look now! same talent, same team. Now they are looking outside the playoffs.

in 99' in KC Gun was living off of Marty's team as well.

DaneMcCloud
12-17-2008, 12:47 PM
The Browns did, the Chiefs did and the Chargers are in the process.

No, the Chiefs didn't as already proven.

The Chargers have been hit by injuries and the sudden breakdown of LT and they'll be back.

As for Cleveland, don't you think that personnel played a role in their demise? And didn't Mr. Schottenheimer have a role in that, such as the selection of Mike Junkin with the #5 overall pick in 1987 (for whom the Chiefs traded for in 1989, at the behest of Mr. Schotteheimer)?

DaneMcCloud
12-17-2008, 12:48 PM
whoa, thats the key right there. Norv's 1st year as coach he was living off of Martys team! look now! same talent, same team. Now they are looking outside the playoffs.

Wrong.

Not "Marty's" team. AJ Smith's team. With Marty, Cam Cameron AND Wade Phillips in key roles.

And even THEY couldn't get beyond the first round.

Chiefnj2
12-17-2008, 12:51 PM
No.

No, no, no, no, no, no, no.

First off, why WOULD Marty or any coach release players like Cherry, Maas, Hackett, Ross, Smith, Okoye, et al? The answer is simple: They wouldn't.

Marty had his choice of San Diego or Kansas City after being fired by Cleveland. One look at the roster was all he needed to make a decision.

The Chiefs were LOADED. High first and second round picks up and down the roster.

What coach wouldn't take that opportunity?

The Chiefs were so loaded that they had two 4 win seasons before Marty came aboard.

DT58HOF
12-17-2008, 12:51 PM
No, the Chiefs didn't as already proven.

The Chargers have been hit by injuries and the sudden breakdown of LT and they'll be back.

As for Cleveland, don't you think that personnel played a role in their demise? And didn't Mr. Schottenheimer have a role in that, such as the selection of Mike Junkin with the #5 overall pick in 1987 (for whom the Chiefs traded for in 1989, at the behest of Mr. Schotteheimer)?
Dane take your glasses off dude,
The reason is Marty left and they hired a retard in Norv Turner. How anyone could ever think that Norv would be as good a coach as marty is just funny, Norv is a loser and always was a loser.

ChiefsCountry
12-17-2008, 12:53 PM
The Chiefs were so loaded that they had two 4 win seasons before Marty came aboard.

Went from a playoff team to two losing seasons bc Lamar caved in and put Ganz in as head coach. You can't deny that the talent wasnt there.

Mark M
12-17-2008, 12:53 PM

Oh dear god ... I should neg rep you for bringing up Junkin.

MM
~~;)

MikeMaslowski
12-17-2008, 12:54 PM
I ate a potato chip that looked like Marty and saw a statue of him that was crying blood.

DaneMcCloud
12-17-2008, 12:54 PM

This is correct.

As stated earlier, Steadman and Schaaf had major difficulty in targeting and selecting a competent and successful head coach after firing Stram, but they had no difficulty in loading the roster with talent.