PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Herm will be back.

SenselessChiefsFan
12-17-2008, 08:59 AM
I know that so many people think that there is 'no way' Herm will be back. But, many people thought that the organization might send Herm packing last year.

Make no mistake that Clark would like to see Herm back next year. He has continually offered his support. And, both he and Herm have both said the new GM will be one that wants to go in the 'same direction'.

I hope Herm is back. I think the new GM would benefit from a year of being with the organization to hire a coach. A year to decide the Chiefs strengths and weaknesses and hire accordingly.

The problem is that Herm probably puts the Chiefs in the playoffs next year.

This staff is pretty good. You can tell they are good because they are going out and winning the first half with less talent. Even after several weeks, the Chiefs are fooling their opponents for the first half. See, the first half is about coaching. The second half is about talent.

The other coaches can go into halftime and make adjustments to negate what the Chiefs are doing. That is why the Chiefs are losing in the second half.

The Chiefs don't have the talent and experience that the opponents have.

So, Herm will take this team to the playoffs most likely next season. At that point, any hope of Herm leaving will be gone. He will be extended for five years.

And, the problem is that I think Herm is a good, not great coach.

Ideally, I would love to see the new GM give Herm another year, have the team go 6-10 next year, Herm gets fired, Chiefs get another top 10 draft pick and the new GM has a full year to evaluate who the best head coach for this team would be.

Either way, I think Herm is back. Herm would not have claimed to be in on CP's resignation if he wasn't. Lying is the one way to lose Hunt's support.

You can flame me if you want to. And, I will fully admit that I was wrong if he is fired. But, to me the new GM would be smart to let the head coach stay on. As Whitlock said, it pretty much gives him two first years.

King_Chief_Fan
12-17-2008, 09:02 AM
I

you just refuse to give up don't you.?You are being very repetitive in each and every post. We get your dang point already.
Let me be repetitive....how much do you want to bet that IF Herm is still here next year, this team will go to the playoffs?
Being repetitive again 53-70 is not a good coach.

SenselessChiefsFan
12-17-2008, 09:09 AM
you just refuse to give up don't you.?You are being very repetitive in each and every post. We get your dang point already.
Let me be repetitive....how much do you want to bet that IF Herm is still here next year, this team will go to the playoffs?
Being repetitive again 53-70 is not a good coach.

I was not trying to be repetitive. I was trying to elaborate on my points.

There are a lot of repetitive points on this board, so I didn't think it was against the 'rules'.

Taking two teams to the playoffs that hadn't been to the playoffs the two years prior to your arrival is pretty good.

Herm has yet to take over a team that was not in decline. In NY, he took over a team one year removed from Bill Parcells that was in decline and he took them to the playoffs.

In his fourth year with the Jets, he was a field goal away from going to the AFC Championship game.

Next year is Herm's fourth year. Expect similar results if he is still here.

milkman
12-17-2008, 09:09 AM
This staff is pretty good. You can tell they are good because they are going out and winning the first half with less talent. Even after several weeks, the Chiefs are fooling their opponents for the first half. See, the first half is about coaching. The second half is about talent.

You're kidding right?

Second half adjustments are all about coaching.

BigChiefFan
12-17-2008, 09:10 AM
I think you are WRONG!! 2 wins in twenty plus, says otherwise. Who in their right mind would keep that clown?- Nobody worth a shit at GM.

Reerun_KC
12-17-2008, 09:11 AM
Herm is a waste of time...

nychief
12-17-2008, 09:13 AM
Herm is not going to be back next year. The new GM will bring in his coach. That is the entire story, if you think anything else... boy, do i have a bridge to sell you.

Bugeater
12-17-2008, 09:17 AM
I was not trying to be repetitive. I was trying to elaborate on my points.

There are a lot of repetitive points on this board, so I didn't think it was against the 'rules'.

Taking two teams to the playoffs that hadn't been to the playoffs the two years prior to your arrival is pretty good.

Herm has yet to take over a team that was not in decline. In NY, he took over a team one year removed from Bill Parcells that was in decline and he took them to the playoffs.

In his fourth year with the Jets, he was a field goal away from going to the AFC Championship game.

Next year is Herm's fourth year. Expect similar results if he is still here.
Are you ****ing kidding me? Do I need to remind you that Vermiel's '05 team had a better record than Herm's '06 team? If you're giving him props for getting lucky and back-dooring his way into the playoffs you're a bigger idiot than I previously thought.

SenselessChiefsFan
12-17-2008, 09:17 AM
You're kidding right?

Second half adjustments are all about coaching.

Common misconception. Typically, one team has a better gameplan going into a game. The OTHER team has to make the adjustments to what they are getting beat on.

The reality is that the Chiefs have been more prepared to play than their opponents for most of this year. The problem is that once the other staff sees how they are being beat, they have better talent to counter what our staff is doing.

I won't even say it is completely a lack of talent, but it is surely a lack of experience.

StcChief
12-17-2008, 09:19 AM
I think you are WRONG!! 2 wins in twenty plus, says otherwise. Who in their right mind would keep that clown?- Nobody worth a shit at GM. That is my fear now... Clark doesn't know enough to hire the right guy.

hope he proves us Wrong.

nychief
12-17-2008, 09:19 AM
Common misconception. Typically, one team has a better gameplan going into a game. The OTHER team has to make the adjustments to what they are getting beat on.

The reality is that the Chiefs have been more prepared to play than their opponents for most of this year. The problem is that once the other staff sees how they are being beat, they have better talent to counter what our staff is doing.

I won't even say it is completely a lack of talent, but it is surely a lack of experience.

I'm happy they give you computer time during recess at the psych ward... but just stop. Herm is gone. You are going to have to find another mediocre talent to worship. Norv Turner perhaps?

nychief
12-17-2008, 09:22 AM
That is my fear now... Clark doesn't know enough to hire the right guy.

hope he proves us Wrong.

what has clark done to illicit this fear? He made the right call on getting rid of CP. From the interviews and articles it seems that he has his head on straight.

BigChiefFan
"Make no mistake that Clark would like to see Herm back next year."

Sure thing-that's why he went and fired the old GM and clearly stated he and the new GM would decide on Herm's future-that's laying the ground work for Herm's termination and certainly not a ringing endorsement for Herm. It's obvious, Clark sees something needs to be done-the team is in shambles and Herm is a big reason for that.

milkman

Common misconception, my ass.

Good coaching staffs that went into games with good gameplans anticipate adjustments and asjust accordingly.

BigChiefFan
12-17-2008, 09:23 AM
That is my fear now... Clark doesn't know enough to hire the right guy.

hope he proves us Wrong.
You might take comfort in knowing that Clark said he would be looking at the PLAYOFF TEAMS for potential GM candidates.

SenselessChiefsFan
12-17-2008, 09:24 AM
Are you ****ing kidding me? Do I need to remind you that Vermiel's '05 team had a better record than Herm's '06 team? If you're giving him props for getting lucky and back-dooring his way into the playoffs you're a bigger idiot than I thought.

Yeah, I remember 2005. The year that the Chiefs had Willie Roaf, Tony Richardson and Trent Green played every game. Oh, and the year that the Bengals rested their starters in the final game. The game that gave DV's Chiefs a game edge over Herm's Chiefs.

Like I said, Herm has yet to take over a team that wasn't in full decline. The problem here is that CP didn't want to try to rebuild going into last year when Herm wanted to.

CP wanted to try to get one more mediocre year out of that group of players.

Turns out, CP was right all along, Chiefs fans were not prepared to deal with an all out rebuilding effort.

I am not Herm's biggest fan, but it is hard not to see that the situation that he was handed was not ideal in any way.

People make it out like he took over a great team and ran it into the ground. The reality is that he took over a team that had one playoff appearance in the seven year prior to his arrival. ONE. He took over a team full of aging veterans and very little young talent.

DeezNutz
12-17-2008, 09:25 AM

So let get this straight. Our coaches are smart enough to out scheme other staffs at the start of the game, but, once other teams adjust, we're ****ed because of their talent.

Our coaches, apparently, aren't capable of reacting to the changes and once again installing another plan of attack that mitigates the talent advantage of the other team.

The best coaches are the ones that can react appropriately when the plan they've spent 100 hours preparing blows up 10 minutes into the game. This is what separates great coaches from average and below-average ones.

The fact that we're consistently smoked in the third quarter, coupled with the fact that Herm, a defensive coach, who claimed above all else we'd play defense, is leading a 32-ranked unit, means he MUST be fired.

alpha_omega
12-17-2008, 09:30 AM
I think you are WRONG!! 2 wins in twenty plus, says otherwise. Who in their right mind would keep that clown?- Nobody worth a shit at GM.

I have to agree with this....rebuilding aside...2-21 deserves nothing!

Otter
12-17-2008, 09:31 AM
About all I have to add

:whackit:

burt
12-17-2008, 09:32 AM
I don't hate Herm. I believe we have been in some close games with very green players.. I believe that there have been tragic mistakes made on the field by veterans as well as green players that contributed to the close losses.

With that said...I have no idea what Mr. Hunt has planned. I do know that I am happy he released Mr. Peterson. And I know that he seems very intelligent. I am happier.

That is all.

Bugeater
12-17-2008, 09:36 AM
Yeah, I remember 2005. The year that the Chiefs had Willie Roaf, Tony Richardson and Trent Green played every game. Oh, and the year that the Bengals rested their starters in the final game. The game that gave DV's Chiefs a game edge over Herm's Chiefs.

Like I said, Herm has yet to take over a team that wasn't in full decline. The problem here is that CP didn't want to try to rebuild going into last year when Herm wanted to.

CP wanted to try to get one more mediocre year out of that group of players.

Turns out, CP was right all along, Chiefs fans were not prepared to deal with an all out rebuilding effort.

I am not Herm's biggest fan, but it is hard not to see that the situation that he was handed was not ideal in any way.

People make it out like he took over a great team and ran it into the ground. The reality is that he took over a team that had one playoff appearance in the seven year prior to his arrival. ONE. He took over a team full of aging veterans and very little young talent.

Whatever. By making that statement you're implying that somehow he made an improvement to the team in '06, and he didn't. The conference was weaker that year, and he got lucky with tiebreakers.

StcChief
12-17-2008, 09:39 AM
what has clark done to illicit this fear? He made the right call on getting rid of CP. From the interviews and articles it seems that he has his head on straight.anything could happen. Soccer boy....
if he gets good advise even from Marty...

then getting the "right" candidate to come here, and not just "settle with an empty GM seat" as season approaches in Feb/March. or we could just run with Denny Thum :)

notorious
12-17-2008, 09:47 AM
This might be the stupidest thread I have read so far. That's pretty impressive considering I post some threads myself, which usually lose their burst in the first sentence :)

The sky is blue, water is wet, women keep secrets, and good coaching is reflected in second half adjustments. Period. End of Story.

Dr. Johnny Fever
12-17-2008, 09:56 AM
SensibleChiefsfan..... that literally made me laugh..... the name that is

ROFL

Tiger's Fan
12-17-2008, 10:01 AM
Thread starter is a fucking idiot. Is there really anything else to say? Sounds like chiefzilla made a new name...

milkman
12-17-2008, 10:03 AM
Thread starter is a ****ing idiot. Is there really anything else to say? Sounds like chiefzilla made a new name...

No, even zilla wouldn't claim that second half adjustments aren't all about coaching.

I'd think this must be Herman ****ing Edwards himself except that I'm pretty sure that herman ****ing Edwards wouldn't be able to spell "sensible".

Sully
12-17-2008, 10:04 AM
Sensible,
Maybe you should just sit the next few plays out. I don't know if it's coaching or talent, but you are getting killed.

Al Czervik
12-17-2008, 10:23 AM
Sweet Mary Mother of Jesus......

Herm's record in the last eight years reflects one thing = LOSER

Clark should can his ass immediately, if nothing else to show
that this type of performance will no longer be tolerated.

Fish
12-17-2008, 10:23 AM
Even I think this thread is insane.....

Tiger's Fan
12-17-2008, 10:24 AM
Even I think this thread is insane.....

ROFL

Jerm
12-17-2008, 10:26 AM

:LOL: Because there's a ton of evidence pointing to that being the case.

Whatever you say.

whoman69
12-17-2008, 10:31 AM

Yes, they were wonderfully prepared when after a bye week in which Herm himself states that they worked on correcting the mistakes the players had been making up to that point, then ended up getting scorched by Carolina 34-0 looking worse than at any point in the season. That's preparation. We have looked so wonderful in the first quarter all year.

If one team is going to make adjustments, the other team has to realize that adjustments will be made and act accordingly.

Frosty
12-17-2008, 10:53 AM
Is this KCJohnny's brother or something? :shrug:

The Bad Guy
12-17-2008, 11:13 AM
I'm not even getting into a war with this clown about these issues.

He obviously has watched an entirely different Chiefs team this year.

If you think this coaching staff is pretty good, then you have the absolute lowest form of expectations that I have ever seen from a fan.

Hammock Parties
12-17-2008, 11:27 AM
It feels good to finally be on the other side in these threads.

kcbubb
12-17-2008, 11:31 AM
Can someone please answer the questions below after reading the facts below first?

let's look at the facts.

the offensive line cannot pass protect in a traditional pro-style offense
2 QB's get hurt as a result of the line play
starting pro bowl running back is suspended for 4 games
backup runningback is injured and placed on injured reserve and out for season
#1 wide receiver almost leads the league in dropped passes
2 Defensive ends are on injured reserve (one of them a starter)
the other starting defensive end has been hurt half the season
half of the linebackers have been hurt for most of the season
one of the starting Cornerbacks has been hurt for most of the season
starting QB is a former 7th round pick that has never started before with one year of experience
over half the current roster is a rookie or second year player

Are these circumstances Herm's fault?

Could a good/great coach win significantly more games with these circumstances?

Considering these circumstances, can losing 7 games by 7 points or less be considered maximizing the current roster situation's potential? The Chiefs covered the spread in these games.

The Bad Guy
12-17-2008, 11:35 AM
You know what I find touching?

All the noobs coming out in support of Herm.

The true fans have spoken.

milkman
12-17-2008, 11:37 AM
Can someone please answer the questions below after reading the facts below first?

let's look at the facts.

the offensive line cannot pass protect in a traditional pro-style offense
2 QB's get hurt as a result of the line play
starting pro bowl running back is suspended for 4 games
backup runningback is injured and placed on injured reserve and out for season
#1 wide receiver almost leads the league in dropped passes
2 Defensive ends are on injured reserve (one of them a starter)
half of the linebackers have been hurt for most of the season
one of the starting Cornerbacks has been hurt for most of the season
starting QB is a former 7th round pick that has never started before with one year of experience

Considering these circumstances, can losing 7 games by 7 points or less be considered maximizing the current roster situation's potential? The Chiefs covered the spread in these games.

There are some people who believe that something is missing in the way the Chiefs, under Herman ****ing Edwards prepare and practice, that leads to an inordinate nember of injuries, and given the injury issues he had in NY, there may be some merit to that argument.

That aside, there have been 3 games that I saw as games the Chiefs should have won, that they had the lead, and gave it up, and I hold Herman ****ing Edwards and Chan Gailey responsible for those lost games because they played to protect the lead starting in the second half, played not to lose, rather than to win.

So, the answer to your question is a resounding "No".

They did not maximize the roster's situation potential.

DeezNutz
12-17-2008, 11:42 AM
Herm should NOT be held accountable for placing all of his hopes in a QB who had been injured 39 times during his career. NO responsibility whatsoever. WHO could POSSIBLY have imagined that this same QB would get hurt again?!? Not possible. Not Herm's fault.

Herm, a defensive coach, should NOT be held responsible for producing the worst defense in the league in his third year on the job. WHO could do better. It's ooookkkkaaayyyy to be last. Last is cool. If we loop it, last is closest to first. Go Herm!

FringeNC
12-17-2008, 11:45 AM
Talk to someone out of KC, and they laugh at the idea that a new GM would / (would want to) keep Herm. There are a few here, for whatever reason, who don't see through the obvious failure, and have an excuse for Herm at every step. No hard-core football fan outside Chiefs fandom thinks he is anything but a joke.

crazycoffey
12-17-2008, 11:49 AM
not a bad assesment, mr. sensible - but I don't think Herm's job is as safe as you think. It will be a topic of discussion during the interview process, wish I could be a fly on that wall...

kcbubb
12-17-2008, 12:04 PM
There are some people who believe that something is missing in the way the Chiefs, under Herman ****ing Edwards prepare and practice, that leads to an inordinate nember of injuries, and given the injury issues he had in NY, there may be some merit to that argument.

That aside, there have been 3 games that I saw as games the Chiefs should have won, that they had the lead, and gave it up, and I hold Herman ****ing Edwards and Chan Gailey responsible for those lost games because they played to protect the lead starting in the second half, played not to lose, rather than to win.

I am betting that you believe the Chargers game is one of those instances. Do you think that it is Herm's fault that Bowe turned the wrong way and ran out of bounds instead of picking up the first down? Herm was criticized for passing too much in the second half. Is that playing not to lose? What about LJ diving from 4-yards out in the middle of the line against the best nose tackle in football when he was trying to pick up the first down? Is that Herm's fault?

The Bad Guy
12-17-2008, 12:10 PM
I am betting that you believe the Chargers game is one of those instances. Do you think that it is Herm's fault that Bowe turned the wrong way and ran out of bounds instead of picking up the first down? Herm was criticized for passing too much in the second half. Is that playing not to lose? What about LJ diving from 4-yards out in the middle of the line against the best nose tackle in football when he was trying to pick up the first down? Is that Herm's fault?

As a a head coach, you are defined by your record.

15-31 record.

Defend that.

milkman
12-17-2008, 12:15 PM

It's not necessarily about run vs. pass.

The pass plays called weren't attacking the middle.

All safe quick routes.
Slants.
Screens.

They weren't taking risks, making attempts to score a priority.

They were attempting to run clock and protect the lead.

Players make mistakes that can cost teams in specific situations.

Coaches make decisions that cost teams games.

the Talking Can
12-17-2008, 12:16 PM

the problem is undiagnosed mental illness....True Fan-ism is hard for doctor's to spot as its effects are commonly mistaken for common ignorance, rank stupidity, and insane clueless-ness...

MahiMike
12-17-2008, 12:17 PM
Herm has yet to take over a team that was not in decline.

Hello, but they only give jobs to head coaches on teams that just fired their old one for being lousy. ALL head coaches go to a team in decline. You really must change your name. Mods?

The Bad Guy
12-17-2008, 12:19 PM
Herm took over these teams knowing they were in the decline.

He KNEW what he was getting into.

No team that is on the upswing would ever hire Herm though.

King_Chief_Fan
12-17-2008, 12:21 PM

yup, that takes care of that. Any other questions from the Herm supporters?

FringeNC
12-17-2008, 12:22 PM

All safe quick routes.
Slants.
Screens.

Is it that so many don't understand we got overly risk-averse, or that they are True Fans, and agree with the level of risk-aversion?

12-17-2008, 12:24 PM

All safe quick routes.
Slants.
Screens.

Spot on. Great post, old timer. and Happy Birthday!

King_Chief_Fan
12-17-2008, 12:25 PM
Talk to someone out of KC, and they laugh at the idea that a new GM would / (would want to) keep Herm. There are a few here, for whatever reason, who don't see through the obvious failure, and have an excuse for Herm at every step. No hard-core football fan outside Chiefs fandom thinks he is anything but a joke.

you are correct. The opposing fans are saying oh no to Peterson leaving. Each team in the division consider him ring of fame material for thier teams. They are hoping among hope that the Chiefs don't smart up entirely and keep Herm. He is the only thing standing in the way of other teams losing against the Chiefs.

milkman
12-17-2008, 12:25 PM
Did Sensible Chief Fan do something sensible and bail on this thread?

RippedmyFlesh
12-17-2008, 12:54 PM
I know that so many people think that there is 'no way' Herm will be back. But, many people thought that the organization might send Herm packing last year.

Make no mistake that Clark would like to see Herm back next year. He has continually offered his support. And, both he and Herm have both said the new GM will be one that wants to go in the 'same direction'.

I hope Herm is back. I think the new GM would benefit from a year of being with the organization to hire a coach. A year to decide the Chiefs strengths and weaknesses and hire accordingly.

The other coaches can go into halftime and make adjustments to negate what the Chiefs are doing. That is why the Chiefs are losing in the second half.

So, Herm will take this team to the playoffs most likely next season. At that point, any hope of Herm leaving will be gone. He will be extended for five years.

Ideally, I would love to see the new GM give Herm another year, have the team go 6-10 next year, Herm gets fired, Chiefs get another top 10 draft pick and the new GM has a full year to evaluate who the best head coach for this team would be.

Either way, I think Herm is back. Herm would not have claimed to be in on CP's resignation if he wasn't. Lying is the one way to lose Hunt's support.

You can flame me if you want to. And, I will fully admit that I was wrong if he is fired. But, to me the new GM would be smart to let the head coach stay on. As Whitlock said, it pretty much gives him two first years.
The direction is building a team through the draft.
Is it me or do herm supporters give off the impression he is the ONLY coach who can do that?
I don't want a gm who wants to "buy" time I want a gm who wants to win a ring.. I have been through 20 years of "buying time" that thank you

Taco John
12-17-2008, 01:05 PM
For what it's worth, I think it would make sense for the new GM to come in and keep Herm around for at least one more year with the mandate to build the strongest defense possible. I think the mistake the Chiefs have made since hiring Herm is to try and get him to build an offense. I think Thigpen has shown that he can manage your offense - at least for the near term. I think your team should put all the resources it can on building a defense, while your GM is out there for a year courting his top prospects for a coach to eventually take the reigns and implement a program to compliment that rebuilt defense.

I understand the trepidation a lot of people here have with this idea, but rushing into a bunch of new decisions like a new GM and new coach in the same year is a mistake, IMO. It's not that Herm necessarily deserves another year. It's that rushing into the changes that your organization is going through is going to mean a lot of mistakes. Limit those mistakes by taking advantage of the strengths that you have right now.

DeezNutz
12-17-2008, 01:07 PM
For what it's worth, I think it would make sense for the new GM to come in and keep Herm around for at least one more year with the mandate to build the strongest defense possible. I think the mistake the Chiefs have made since hiring Herm is to try and get him to build an offense. I think Thigpen has shown that he can manage your offense - at least for the near term. I think your team should put all the resources it can on building a defense, while your GM is out there for a year courting his top prospects for a coach to eventually take the reigns and implement a program to compliment that rebuilt defense.

I understand the trepidation a lot of people here have with this idea, but rushing into a bunch of new decisions like a new GM and new coach in the same year is a mistake, IMO.

Aren't you a Donkey fan?

Taco John
12-17-2008, 01:08 PM
Aren't you a Donkey fan?

Yes.

DeezNutz
12-17-2008, 01:10 PM
Yes.

No wonder you want Herm back.

I would, too, if I were you.

Taco John
12-17-2008, 01:13 PM
No wonder you want Herm back.

I would, too, if I were you.

Actually, I don't personally care if Herm comes back or not. I think that you guys will probably rush into some stupid decisions to cripple your team for years to come, cheered on by impatient fans who don't have an idea of how to build a castle out of legos, let alone an NFL franchise.

I *hope* you guys rush out and make a bunch of stupid decisions. What I hope you don't do is exactly what I said: take advantage of your strengths now, and slowly build the foundation of a program that has the potential to dominate.

RippedmyFlesh
12-17-2008, 01:15 PM

I understand the trepidation a lot of people here have with this idea, but rushing into a bunch of new decisions like a new GM and new coach in the same year is a mistake, IMO. It's not that Herm necessarily deserves another year. It's that rushing into the changes that your organization is going through is going to mean a lot of mistakes. Limit those mistakes by taking advantage of the strengths that you have right now.
A broncos fan telling us to keep herm is like me telling you guys to hire greg robinson back to fix your defense. He is available ya know...

Taco John
12-17-2008, 01:17 PM
A broncos fan telling us to keep herm is like me telling you guys to hire greg robinson back to fix your defense. He is available ya know...

No it's not.

RippedmyFlesh
12-17-2008, 01:19 PM
Actually, I don't personally care if Herm comes back or not. I think that you guys will probably rush into some stupid decisions to cripple your team for years to come, cheered on by impatient fans who don't have an idea of how to build a castle out of legos, let alone an NFL franchise.

I *hope* you guys rush out and make a bunch of stupid decisions. What I hope you don't do is exactly what I said: take advantage of your strengths now, and slowly build the foundation of a program that has the potential to dominate.
dominate with herm?ROFLROFLROFL

DeezNutz
12-17-2008, 01:19 PM

This is nicely articulated, but I couldn't disagree more with one of your primary points. Bringing in a new GM and HC at the same time is far from too much. In fact, it would be a disaster to saddle a new GM with someone who isn't "his" guy.

Good luck properly developing the rest of the team with this very flawed foundation.

Taco John
12-17-2008, 01:20 PM
dominate with herm?ROFLROFLROFL

Ah. This is my first sign that you are clueless. You think that what I wrote said anything about dominating with Herm.

The Chiefs should take any advice that you have to give. You seem to really have it together.

Taco John
12-17-2008, 01:24 PM
This is nicely articulated, but I couldn't disagree more with one of your primary points. Bringing in a new GM and HC at the same time is far from too much. In fact, it would be a disaster to saddle a new GM with someone who isn't "his" guy.

Good luck properly developing the rest of the team with this very flawed foundation.

I wouldn't say you would be "saddling" a new GM with Herm. What I am saying is that the new GM is going to have a lot on his hands, and to "saddle" him with the expectation that in 60-90 days he needs to have a new coach to build a program around is the recipe for disaster.

I'm not saying that you should "saddle" him with Herm. I'm saying you should take advantage of Herm's strengths (defense) for the interim period while taking the long view on the hiring of a coach. You guys shouldn't just be "plugging holes" because they're there to plug. You should be evaluating infrastructure.

Rome wasn't built in a day.

crazycoffey
12-17-2008, 01:30 PM
Holy shit, shoot me now, I find myself agreeing with taco john.

RippedmyFlesh
12-17-2008, 01:31 PM
Ah. This is my first sign that you are clueless. You think that what I wrote said anything about dominating with Herm.

The Chiefs should take any advice that you have to give. You seem to really have it together.
A lame duck coach would be the worst thing for this team. So the answer to that would be to extend herm.That would be a great option if im a donkey fan.Miami and atlanta brought in new gm/coach at the same time. I would say thats working out pretty good for both of them.

kcbubb
12-17-2008, 02:15 PM

All safe quick routes.
Slants.
Screens.

So players mistakes can't lose games???? That's absolutely stupid. Only the coach can lose games?? I guess the Patriots need to fire Bill Belichik because they aren't going to make the playoffs. It is definitely all his fault. He's a bad coach. Have you ever played football? If you had, you would know that a player can lose a game.

All a coach can do is put his players in position to win a game. They must go out and execute. Some coaches give their players a better chance with the way they are prepared or with the plays that are called, but it is the players responsibility to execute. How can you not know this?

In the San Diego game:
If Bowe turns upfield for the first down instead of out of bounds, the chiefs probably win the game.
If Bowe holds onto the ball on the onside kick, the chiefs probably win the game.
If Surtain doesn't bite on the short pass and they don't complete the long pass at the end, they may keep them out of the endzone and win the game.

In a previous game against the Jets:
If Mark Bradley doesn't let a third down pass bounce off his chest, we pick up the first down and probably win the game.

These errors were not Herm's fault. I'm so tired of people blaming everything on Herm. Wake up. Everything is not his fault.

milkman
12-17-2008, 02:18 PM

Atlanta really fucked things up by hiring both Dimitroff and Mike Smith at the same time.

milkman
12-17-2008, 02:20 PM
So players mistakes can't lose games???? That's absolutely stupid. Only the coach can lose games?? I guess the Patriots need to fire Bill Belichik because they aren't going to make the playoffs. It is definitely all his fault. He's a bad coach. Have you ever played football? If you had, you would know that a player can lose a game.

All a coach can do is put his players in position to win a game. They must go out and execute. Some coaches give their players a better chance with the way they are prepared or with the plays that are called, but it is the players responsibility to execute. How can you not know this?

In the San Diego game:
If Bowe turns upfield for the first down instead of out of bounds, the chiefs probably win the game.
If Bowe holds onto the ball on the onside kick, the chiefs probably win the game.
If Surtain doesn't bite on the short pass and they don't complete the long pass at the end, they may keep them out of the endzone and win the game.

In a previous game against the Jets:
If Mark Bradley doesn't let a third down pass bounce off his chest, we pick up the first down and probably win the game.

These errors were not Herm's fault. I'm so tired of people blaming everything on Herm. Wake up. Everything is not his fault.

I understand that specific plays can affect the outcome of a game, but coaching decisions can consistently affect the outcome of games.

The plays that you are pointing out could have been avoided had the Chiefs continued to attack.

The coaching decisions magnified the importance and impact of those specific plays.

Hammock Parties
12-17-2008, 02:22 PM
I'm not saying that you should "saddle" him with Herm. I'm saying you should take advantage of Herm's strengths (defense) for the interim period while taking the long view on the hiring of a coach.

Herm's strength being defense is a complete farce.

His strength is the hot air coming out of his mouth.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-17-2008, 02:26 PM

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7WqSLFeQmNo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7WqSLFeQmNo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Hammock Parties
12-17-2008, 02:34 PM
I have never seen that clip before. I feel complete.

kcbubb
12-17-2008, 02:34 PM
I understand that specific plays can affect the outcome of a game, but coaching decisions can consistently affect the outcome of games.

The plays that you are pointing out could have been avoided had the Chiefs continued to attack.

The coaching decisions magnified the importance and impact of those specific plays.

How is Mark Bradley dropping a pass for a first on a critical third down play against the Jets an example of the coach not attacking? Or for that matter, Bowe turning the wrong way and not getting a first down against the chargers.

The Chiefs don't have the personnel to be the 1999 Rams. What do you want them to do? How can you be so unrealistic?

You want them to attack with an 18-point lead against a heavily favored opponent with basically a rookie QB behind an O-line that can't pass block. You do know that is why we are running the spread. They are trying to take advantage of an athletic QB who is playing behind a poor line.

So, I am assuming that you think it was a mistake to put Bowe on the hands for the onside kick, but you want to throw the ball to him down the field with a big lead late the game in order to be aggressive and attack. Don't you think it is more likely that the chargers end up with a interception or force a fumble on a sack?

What you really want is to be entertained. You obviously aren't thinking about what gives the team the best chance to win the game.

DeezNutz
12-17-2008, 02:36 PM
Herm's strength being defense is a complete farce.

His strength is the hot air coming out of his mouth.

GoChiefs continues to be on the right side of the dogpile.

Herm's true strength seems to be that he's a nice guy.

From a football perspective, he would probably make a solid DB coach...for another franchise.

To say that his strength is defense more generally is a joke. 32 Defense v.2. This is on Herm. No excuses.

Taco John
12-17-2008, 02:47 PM
Atlanta really ****ed things up by hiring both Dimitroff and Mike Smith at the same time.

Wake me up when you guys do something smart like sign the Patriots director of college scouting as your new GM.

Given that you guys had the opportunity to sign Mangini, and instead took that opportunity to trade picks away to the Jets so that they could vacate a position for him, I'm not sold yet that your organization is ready to make too many shrewd decisions - Carl or no Carl.

Hammock Parties
12-17-2008, 02:50 PM
Wake me up when you guys do something smart like sign the Patriots director of college scouting as your new GM.

Given that you guys had the opportunity to sign Mangini, and instead took that opportunity to trade picks away to the Jets so that they could vacate a position for him, I'm not sold yet that your organization is ready to make too many shrewd decisions - Carl or no Carl.

LOL Mangini is just as big of a fraud as Herm.

Retard got started in the PR department.

He's lucky he has a HOFer as his QB right now.

Saying that you're not sold our organization is ready to make shrewd decisions is kind of an odd statement. If they do, we won't know for a couple years. What is really the point of your statement?

There's no upside to keeping Herm. He's not going to turn into a beautiful butterfly. More than likely he'll just waste another pick on Bernard Pollard 2.0.

12-17-2008, 02:51 PM
LOL Mangini is just as big of a fraud as Herm.

Retard got started in the PR department.

He's lucky he has a HOFer as his QB right now.

That's a great analogy, Clayton. well said!

Mangini is a fraud.

tomahawk kid
12-17-2008, 02:52 PM
I wouldn't say you would be "saddling" a new GM with Herm. What I am saying is that the new GM is going to have a lot on his hands, and to "saddle" him with the expectation that in 60-90 days he needs to have a new coach to build a program around is the recipe for disaster.

I'm not saying that you should "saddle" him with Herm. I'm saying you should take advantage of Herm's strengths (defense) for the interim period while taking the long view on the hiring of a coach. You guys shouldn't just be "plugging holes" because they're there to plug. You should be evaluating infrastructure.

You think The Chin would be "plugging holes"?

Taco John
12-17-2008, 02:55 PM
You think The Chin would be "plugging holes"?

I wouldn't want him, but I can understand why so many have bought into his hype.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-17-2008, 02:58 PM

That's probably the dumbest thing I've ever read.

tomahawk kid
12-17-2008, 03:02 PM
I wouldn't want him, but I can understand why so many have bought into his hype.

Why not?

With the exception of a couple down years, his Steelers teams were always contenders.

Reerun_KC
12-17-2008, 03:06 PM
Why not?

With the exception of a couple down years, his Steelers teams were always pretenders.

FYP

They were just like the Chiefs with Marty Jr... Only when Big Ben arrived and bucked the system did the Steelers get over the hump...

chiefsngop
12-17-2008, 03:21 PM
There are reasons Herm's record is what it is. And you cannot blame it entirely on injuries.

His decision to use his beloved Tampa 2, even though we clearly do not have the players to execute it, is a good one.

And do you remember Herm's plan for the offense ? We were unable to move the ball at all.

We only had success when we were finally forced to use Thigpen as the starter, and CHAN changed up the scheme to accomodate him. This process birthed the spread, and we've been able to move the ball at least somewhat.

But you take away those unforeseen circumstances, and Herm would have us ranked dead last in offense too.

King_Chief_Fan
12-17-2008, 03:26 PM

You have no credibility when it comes to recommending anything in what is good for the Chiefs. Denver and its brain dead fans would like nothing better than to have Herm around so that your chances of winning against the Chiefs remain somewhat 50/50.
You should concentrate on what Shanny needs to do to get beyond the playoffs in a dead AFCW.

vailpass
12-17-2008, 03:28 PM
You have no credibility when it comes to recommending anything in what is good for the Chiefs. Denver and its brain dead fans would like nothing better than to have Herm around so that your chances of winning against the Chiefs remain somewhat 50/50.
You should concentrate on what Shanny needs to do to get beyond the playoffs in a dead AFCW.

ROFL The butthurt on this board is at an all-time high this year.

King_Chief_Fan
12-17-2008, 03:30 PM
ROFL The butthurt on this board is at an all-time high this year.

and I forgot to mention that if you all think Herm is such a great defensive guy, the Bronco's could sure use a defensive mind. You can have him.

King_Chief_Fan
12-17-2008, 03:34 PM

Tell that to Miami

BigChiefFan
12-17-2008, 03:45 PM
Why would you let the guy who runs the 32 defense have any say what-so-ever?

Not only that, let's say the new GM thinks we are better suited to run a different defense-we would have just wasted a valuable year dicking around with Herm and his antiquated T2-I can almost guarantee, we'll run a different defense.

Tribal Warfare
12-17-2008, 04:07 PM
Thread starter is a fucking idiot. Is there really anything else to say? Sounds like chiefzilla made a new name...

Or it could be that "Rin Tin Tin" fucker over on bobgretz.com who posts dumbass responses that " Herm is the man!"

RedThat
12-17-2008, 04:12 PM
I can't believe there are people out there that want Herm back?

beach tribe
12-17-2008, 04:15 PM
FYP

They were just like the Chiefs with Marty Jr... Only when Big Ben arrived and bucked the system did the Steelers get over the hump...

Matt Stafford, and The Chin FTSBW.

beach tribe
12-17-2008, 04:18 PM

Oh BTW, I'm sure you've already been told by now, but you are a fuqin retart, and I hope you leave when Herm does coddling his nuts, and telling him that it doesnt matter that he's 2-20, he's still a "good" coach.

Fish
12-17-2008, 05:42 PM
Before the season started, the majority here posted their expectations for the season. And a good number of people posting in this thread predicted 1-4 wins this season due to rebuilding and youth.

Well, now everyone's predictions have proven true. But instead of acknowledging that and patting each other on the back for a correct prediction, everyone is using that as an example of Herm's failure....

I find it rather ironic that expectations were so low to begin with, yet at the end of the season those correct expectations are now being viewed as grounds for dismissal....

Do you go to a bar and order a Schlitz, and the start drinking it and bitch because it doesn't taste like a Stolli?

Tribal Warfare
12-17-2008, 05:47 PM
Before the season started, the majority here posted their expectations for the season. And a good number of people posting in this thread predicted 1-4 wins this season due to rebuilding and youth.

Well, now everyone's predictions have proven true. But instead of acknowledging that and patting each other on the back for a correct prediction, everyone is using that as an example of Herm's failure....

I find it rather ironic that expectations were so low to begin with, yet at the end of the season those correct expectations are now being viewed as grounds for dismissal....

The Herm indictment are the causes of how he conducted himself and this team during gametime situations which would conclude he doesn't know what the fuck he's doing.

chiefzilla1501
12-17-2008, 06:22 PM
The Herm indictment are the causes of how he conducted himself and this team during gametime situations which would conclude he doesn't know what the **** he's doing.

That's not the issue here.

I have no problem with people questioning his ability to coach or his gametime decisions. It's when people blame him for things outside of his control.

I don't understand blatant ballwashing, as he's made a lot of missteps this season. But I also don't understand the blatant scapegoating. Herm is responsible for missteps on the field, but isn't it pretty obvious that Carl Peterson is the one largely responsible for missteps off the field and for the fact that the rebuild was delayed a few years?

Tiger's Fan
12-17-2008, 06:45 PM
That's not the issue here.

I have no problem with people questioning his ability to coach or his gametime decisions. It's when people blame him for things outside of his control.

I don't understand blatant ballwashing, as he's made a lot of missteps this season. But I also don't understand the blatant scapegoating. Herm is responsible for missteps on the field, but isn't it pretty obvious that Carl Peterson is the one largely responsible for missteps off the field and for the fact that the rebuild was delayed a few years?

Blah blah blah slurp slurp slurp.....your a retart. Why in the fuck would anyone want a shitty coach to remain with the team? Seek mental help immediately!

BigChiefFan
12-17-2008, 06:48 PM
Yes, we must retain a coach who's only won two games in the last twenty plus-he's irreplaceable.

How anybody could defend that clown is beyond me.

Tiger's Fan
12-17-2008, 06:48 PM

Do you go to a bar and order a Schlitz, and the start drinking it and bitch because it doesn't taste like a Stolli?

You act like Herm just got here. He's made bad decisions since day one when he decided to blaze his own trail and wear white at home on opening day. It's been downhill since then.

Reerun_KC
12-17-2008, 07:13 PM

I will just be glad with this nightmare is over....

The Bad Guy
12-17-2008, 07:17 PM
People wanted to see progress to be satisfied with 2 wins.

The only progress we have seen is because of a gimmick offense that likely has a one-year shelf life in the NFL.

The defense has continued to suck. There have been very few signs of improvement - all of which have come from the secondary. The defensive line is just as shitty as it was the first game. The linebackers are an abortion.

The fact that some of you take your time to defend Herm is fucking laughable.

Sully
12-17-2008, 07:19 PM

let's look at the facts.

the offensive line cannot pass protect in a traditional pro-style offenseDo we know that for sure? Suddenly when the offense has been unpredictable, their blocking has gotten a ton better.
2 QB's get hurt as a result of the line play Or as the result of the fact that defenses could tee off on them, as our playcalling could be predicted by a 12-year old
starting pro bowl running back is suspended for 4 gamesFair enough
backup runningback is injured and placed on injured reserve and out for seasonMeh...everyone behind a healthy, motivated Larry is the same guy, IMO
#1 wide receiver almost leads the league in dropped passesHe's had a year of being coddled, and has shown he needs to grow up. A good coach could help in that regard
2 Defensive ends are on injured reserve (one of them a starter)Fair enough
half of the linebackers have been hurt for most of the seasonIf you didn't see the names on their jerseys, could you actually tell the difference between the replacements and the "starters?"
one of the starting Cornerbacks has been hurt for most of the seasonWhich has actually been a good thing
starting QB is a former 7th round pick that has never started before with one year of experienceAgain, who decided to rest his luck on a QB who can't stay healthy walking to the car?

There you go.
BTW, the spread means nothing.

DeezNutz
12-17-2008, 08:16 PM

I'm speaking strictly for myself. Figured I'd make that clear since I normally speak for most of the civilized world...

The overall record is meaningless to me, at this point anyway. Next year, it starts to become more of a factor. A team in year 2 of the rebuild probably shouldn't be 2-14--there needs to be tangible progress.

The reason I'm calling for Herm's job is all about the defense. #32 = no job. Third-year coach with a regressing defense. This is completely unacceptable.

Fish
12-17-2008, 10:05 PM
I'm speaking strictly for myself. Figured I'd make that clear since I normally speak for most of the civilized world...

The overall record is meaningless to me, at this point anyway. Next year, it starts to become more of a factor. A team in year 2 of the rebuild probably shouldn't be 2-14--there needs to be tangible progress.

The reason I'm calling for Herm's job is all about the defense. #32 = no job. Third-year coach with a regressing defense. This is completely unacceptable.

Yeah.... This is from September....

6-10? LMAO Get ready for another 4-12. I wouldn't mind another top 5 pick anyway...

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=4979103&postcount=40

whoman69
12-17-2008, 10:10 PM

Part of those low expectations was the fact that Herm is the coach. I have no idea why anyone would go to a bar and order a beer and expect it to taste like vodka. We came into the year knowing we had a turdburger on our hands. That doesn't mean that we should be satisfied with a turdburger.

Mecca
12-17-2008, 10:11 PM
Like I've said before, I can not understand why Herm actually has supporters.

Reerun_KC
12-17-2008, 10:15 PM

:shrug:

Hammock Parties
12-17-2008, 10:16 PM

He talks a good game. And we're "rebuilding." It's not his fault. Don't you listen to his press conferences? If those dumb players would just make a play, the Chiefs would have won six more games.

Reerun_KC
12-17-2008, 10:17 PM
Part of those low expectations was the fact that Herm is the coach. I have no idea why anyone would go to a bar and order a beer and expect it to taste like vodka. We came into the year knowing we had a turdburger on our hands. That doesn't mean that we should be satisfied with a turdburger.

Going into next year, If Herm is still the coach, I will have zero expectations that we actually do anything worth a shit regardless of the talent/lack of talent.

But give us a new coach and we just might actually crawl out of the ashes and become a football team...

Reerun_KC
12-17-2008, 10:18 PM
He talks a good game. And we're "rebuilding." It's not his fault. Don't you listen to his press conferences? If those dumb players would just make a play, the Chiefs would have won six more games.

Thats all he has done.. If he coached and developed as good as he talked, we would be polishing SB trophies, instead we are polishing turds...

Taco John
12-17-2008, 11:24 PM
and I forgot to mention that if you all think Herm is such a great defensive guy, the Bronco's could sure use a defensive mind. You can have him.

I would be happy to have Herm as a defensive coordinator. I'd like to see the Broncos move to the Tampa 2 base, and Herm knows that system as much as anyone in the league.

Hammock Parties
12-17-2008, 11:26 PM
I would be happy to have Herm as a defensive coordinator. I'd like to see the Broncos move to the Tampa 2 base, and Herm knows that system as much as anyone in the league.

Despite the fact he has ZERO experience calling plays on gameday?

Whatever floats your boat.

RustShack
12-18-2008, 02:10 AM
So is Herm the only coach that can rebuild? I'm pretty sure our new GM will bring in who he sees fit and this team can still go in the "same direction". Herm isn't the only coach that believes in building through the draft, and there are plenty of guys better than him at it in fact. The only way Herm stays here is if we don't hire a new GM, or if Clark hires some pussy push over in which case he doesn't care about the Chiefs and we are fucked.

J Diddy
12-18-2008, 02:13 AM

be careful what you wish for

RustShack
12-18-2008, 02:16 AM

ROFL

12-18-2008, 08:08 AM

:spock:

You're joking, right?

BigChiefFan
12-18-2008, 08:54 AM
Wow to Taco. The Broncos can have him. A move like that helps us and hurts you all in the process-hope it happens.

DeezNutz
12-18-2008, 09:12 AM

Done. Consider this a binding agreement. In exchange, we would like a large bag of Doritos. If you don't have the chips or the cash for them, don't worry about it. Thanks.