PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Where were you and what were you doing when you found out about CP?

Carlota69
12-17-2008, 06:18 PM
I'll start--

I was hosting Monday Night Football and during a break in the action ESPN did a Sportscenter update and they announced it. Well needless to say, I was stoked and I jumped up and started cheering, wildly. People thought I was nuts because they had no idea of the announcement (it was a quick mention and everyone is drunk) and nothing was going on as far as the game was concerned. I didnt care though. I looked like a nutjob, but I was super happy.

You?

Dr. Johnny Fever
12-17-2008, 06:21 PM
Sitting at my desk and got a text from JazzzLovr.

I'm glad he's leaving. I'm also glad he came along and fixed the franchise originally.

DaneMcCloud
12-17-2008, 06:25 PM
Working.

I received a call from a friend that lives in KC.

I was speechless. After I thanked him, I immediately logged on and read Phobia's thread.

I can still hardly believe it.

The Franchise
12-17-2008, 06:27 PM
Posting in this thread:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=198422

:D

"Bob" Dobbs
12-17-2008, 06:27 PM
I found out about it on Phob's thread, milliseconds before I JIZZED IN MY PANTS!

HemiEd
12-17-2008, 06:28 PM
Google search, right after the ending thud of the 2004 season had hit the ground. This place was ****ing angry!!!

Crashride
12-17-2008, 07:20 PM
Posting in this thread:

This.

Reerun_KC
12-17-2008, 07:24 PM
I still remember sitting here, logging in and boom there it was...
I was speechless...

Now dump Herms sorry ass and Dude, we will have a reason to celebrate!

booyaf2
12-17-2008, 07:33 PM
I was in my basement, just mixed up some grout to finish up a tile project when my buddy from kc called to tell me the news. Instinct told me to say fock it and let the grout dry up so i could celebrate, but i went ahead and did the wrong thing and grouted the tile. I've had my share of celebratory beers since though. Still giddy about it

12-17-2008, 07:35 PM
Chiefsplanet

petegz28
12-17-2008, 07:36 PM
Posting in this thread:

ROFLROFLROFLROFL

Kyle DeLexus
12-17-2008, 07:38 PM
HA..I actually had my girl over for some "finals week stress relief" and my roommate started yelling to me that he was gone and I came right after hearing and well my girl was pissed....man great day that was got trashed to celebrate...

Stanley Nickels
12-17-2008, 07:41 PM
I typically have 810 on my headphones at my desk-- a sort of "white noise" to keep me from being insanely bored, and I perk up when I hear things that are of interest to me.

I was having a conversation with a coworker, earbuds resting on my shoulders, when I hear shouting through the tiny speakers. I told him, "something's up, let me catch up with you later", and I hear Kevin Keitzman yelling about Carl.

Within a minute, I'm texting just about everyone I know. Some responses:
"Dude, don't fuÇk with me"
"Shut the F up"
"I came"
"You're a liar. And I'm going to punch you"

RJ
12-17-2008, 10:23 PM
What are you guys talking about?

B_Ambuehl
12-17-2008, 10:44 PM
I logged onto the planet and saw a thread entitled something along the lines of, "I'm so happy for yesterdays loss" I thought it was just someone trying to be sarcastic and expected the guy to get flamed but when I clicked on it there were no flames and I went "hmmm what's going on?" Then I saw another thread entitled "Will Herm Be Next To GO?" Then finally I saw Phobias post and sat around the rest of the evening in eager anticipation of Whitlocks article.

unothadeal
12-17-2008, 10:53 PM
I was sitting in my lazy boy watching NFL network when I saw "Breaking News" flash on the bottom of the scream. I jokingly expected it to be the firing of Herm when I saw Carl Peterson resigns as GM.

RippedmyFlesh
12-17-2008, 10:54 PM
I was in my living room watching the highlight of my beloved orangemen lose a bb game on a 70 foot prayer on espn when i saw the crawl and didnt beleive it.Came here saw the thread and kissed my wife . And didnt care about cleveland state anymore.