PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Mark Dominik - possible GM candidate

Zouk
12-17-2008, 11:03 PM
If you hate Herm - I suggest you root against this man becoming GM. He started his career in the Chiefs personnel department in the mid 90's when Herm was there, went to Tampa with Herm and Dungy, and is still in Tampa as head of pro personnel. He went to KU.

Recommending Antonio Bryant is a very nice resume padder for a head of pro personnel - just about every pro personnel department had dismissed him and he's now playing at a Pro Bowl level.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/12/17/vermeil-isnt-talking/

"Another name to watch, we’re told, is Buccaneers pro personnel director Mark Domenik. There’s chatter that Domenik might be on the short list of candidates for the G.M. position."

chiefs1111
12-17-2008, 11:05 PM
boooooooooooooo

Reerun_KC
12-17-2008, 11:08 PM
Thanks Zouk, he is the #1 GM I dont want... Regardless if he is a Jayhawk or not...

ChiefsCountry
12-17-2008, 11:12 PM
Other than the Hermie connections, he has a solid background.

Reerun_KC
12-17-2008, 11:15 PM
Other than the Hermie connections, he has a solid background.

Has the potential to totally discredit anything and everything about the guy...

IF he comes and drops the hammer and teabags Herm, then he might be okay, but if he comes and Herm stays, he is just a yes man for Clark and Herm.

Zouk
12-17-2008, 11:21 PM
I'm googling around on this guy....here's another example of hugely successful obscure under-the-radar personnel work from Dominik...

http://min.scout.com/2/717554.html

A little less than two years ago, Donald Penn was trying to earn a place on a real NFL roster by working for the Vikings on their practice squad.

Now look at him. The former undrafted free agent out of Utah State is the starting left tackle for a Tampa Bay Buccaneers team that probably wouldn’t be in the playoffs had they not lured Penn away from the Vikings practice squad.

According to this TBO.com report, it was Bucs pro personnel director Mark Dominik who initiated the move. Impressed by what he saw of Penn while watching tape of the Vikings one day, he urged the Bucs in October 2006 to sign him to their active roster.

The move went relatively unnoticed at the time, but it began paying off in training camp this past summer when Penn began to emerge as arguably the team’s best pass protector.