PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Brian Waters?

Reerun_KC
12-18-2008, 12:16 PM
ROFL

Mr. Laz
12-18-2008, 12:18 PM
http://lolsquirrels.files.wordpress.com/2007/06/rly-wtf.jpg

Reerun_KC
12-18-2008, 12:20 PM
is on 810 right now, just go done saying that Herm has done a incredible job as the coach of the Chiefs... Said all the players want Herm to come back and they believe what he is building here...

King_Chief_Fan
12-18-2008, 12:22 PM
is on 810 right now, just go done saying that Herm has done a incredible job as the coach of the Chiefs... Said all the players want Herm to come back and they believe what he is building here...

says the guy who will pull a Roaf and head out the door laughing his buckets off.

Brock
I remember when the players were in love with Frank Gansz.

Stewie
Of course the players like him. He's not demanding and they still get a paycheck. Our next coach better not be a "player's coach."

FringeNC
12-18-2008, 12:23 PM

We know Herm is popular with the players. Frank Ganz was really popular with the players, too.

FringeNC
12-18-2008, 12:24 PM

Damn, you beat me to it.

Reerun_KC
12-18-2008, 12:25 PM
says the guy who will pull a Roaf and head out the door laughing his buckets off.

didnt he almost pull a Roaf already?

PhillyChiefFan
12-18-2008, 12:26 PM
Any of that "but we are rebuilding bullsh*t" went right out the window right about when Miami won their 6th game of the season for me. After a 1-15 season they turn a 180 in less than a year.

2-23 isn't good coaching, and I'm tired of we are rebuilding being the excuse.

MikeMaslowski
12-18-2008, 12:32 PM

I think there is something to be said for what the players say. And Waters really has nothing to lose from being honest. WE are fans, HE is in the locker room. I hope Herm goes. But, if he stays at least the big man, who is a huge part of that locker room, can be an advocate of togetherness and the team can try to pull their heads out of their asses.

cmh6476
12-18-2008, 12:46 PM
what is he suppossed to say?

Reerun_KC
12-18-2008, 12:47 PM

that Herms short and curlies tickle his nose.....

MikeMaslowski
12-18-2008, 12:54 PM

He could say he hopes that with a new GM that the team could go in a new direction and that more changes could benefeit the organization. It is very easy to say shit without actually saying names.... Instead he is sucking herms manhood, which shows that he must really feel something good is going on.... Not sure if Waters scored a 1600 on his SATs though but i will try to see the light out of any darkness.

cmh6476
12-18-2008, 01:27 PM
He could say he hopes that with a new GM that the team could go in a new direction and that more changes could benefeit the organization. It is very easy to say shit without actually saying names.... Instead he is sucking herms manhood, which shows that he must really feel something good is going on.... Not sure if Waters scored a 1600 on his SATs though but i will try to see the light out of any darkness.

not really, if he does that he's saying his teammates and friends aren't good enough

Rooster
12-18-2008, 01:32 PM
. WE are fans, HE is in the locker room.

:clap::clap: Easy now. There you go making sense. This is Chiefsplanet and we will have none of that. People who spend hours on the internet know way more about football and politics than actual professionals doing their jobs.

raybec 4
12-18-2008, 01:42 PM
:clap::clap: Easy now. There you go making sense. This is Chiefsplanet and we will have none of that. People who spend hours on the internet know way more about football and politics than actual professionals doing their jobs.

Whoa, are you trying to say there are people who don't post on this board who are qualified to run the franchise and make player personnel or game plan decisions??

MikeMaslowski
12-18-2008, 01:59 PM
not really, if he does that he's saying his teammates and friends aren't good enough

this is almost laughable... at 2-12 im sure they would forgive him.

Reerun_KC
12-18-2008, 02:04 PM
Rooster and Raybec just did this to my thread!!!!! :cuss:

http://bp2.blogger.com/_mB6jEmByFdw/R0xQMoxCQ2I/AAAAAAAAAk0/QKYgPy7X6oY/s400/guys+kissing.jpg

MikeMaslowski
12-18-2008, 02:34 PM
To the person who started this thread....

MikeMaslowski
12-18-2008, 02:35 PM
:LOL:

Reerun_KC
12-18-2008, 02:38 PM
:LOL:
:harumph:

Well, Your mom disagree's...

MikeMaslowski
12-18-2008, 02:52 PM
dammit... you got me, my mom LOVES 2 1/2 inch peters.

back to my percocet and beer, have i said **** the dentist yet?

CoMoChief
12-18-2008, 02:56 PM
People expect to badmouth the guy.

But would you badmouth your boss during a radio show? I'm thinking most wouldnt.

But then again, it's not like Herm would bench Waters.

cmh6476
12-18-2008, 03:01 PM
this is almost laughable... at 2-12 im sure they would forgive him.

I remember him being asked a time or two last year about the struggles witht he offensive line. No matter how much he though McIntosh or Turley weren't pulling their weight, he couldn't come out openly and say so. It's just not feasible if you really think about it.

Reerun_KC
12-18-2008, 03:01 PM

Hey 2 1/2 inches 3 times equal 6 3/4 inches... ;)

I love percocet and beer...

Life has to be very good for you right now!

MikeMaslowski
12-18-2008, 03:04 PM

Haha, yeah... except my mouth still effing hurts. Second gum surgery in 2 months and he gave it a 50 percent chance of healing correctly.. stupid army dentists.

MikeMaslowski
12-18-2008, 03:06 PM
I remember him being asked a time or two last year about the struggles witht he offensive line. No matter how much he though McIntosh or Turley weren't pulling their weight, he couldn't come out openly and say so. It's just not feasible if you really think about it.

fair enough...I just hope that IF Herm does stay that the players love him and we win a SB. Thats all we can all hope for right?

Reerun_KC
12-18-2008, 03:10 PM
fair enough...I just hope that IF Herm does stay that the players love him and we win a SB. Thats all we can all hope for right?

Players love Herm because there is no accountablility...

KCrockaholic
12-18-2008, 03:30 PM

wtf? ok im not doing math right now...

Reerun_KC
12-18-2008, 03:33 PM
wtf? ok im not doing math right now...

Hey you work with what God gave you?

KCUnited
12-18-2008, 03:37 PM
Good thing you weren't listening to 610 last night when Nick Wright was playing tape of damn near every player in the locker room singing Herm's praises. Just saying.

Mr. Laz
12-18-2008, 03:52 PM

ewwww ... how do you know what kind of peter your mom likes?

:Lin:

DaWolf
12-18-2008, 03:58 PM

That's why players don't run the team. I remember when Joe Bugel was popular with the Raiders players.

The players know two things:

1) Don't throw the current coach under the bus unless you want to be labeled a malcontent by the next administration

2) The next coach will more than likely bust the players asses with hard-nosed practices and get rid of this buddy buddy soft Herm crap we've seen the last few years.

This really all depends on who the next GM is, so I wouldn't start freaking out about Herm until then. I know of very few "outside the organization" GM's who can bring a "fresh outlook" to the franchise who would want to go into a season with a head coach entering a lame duck season. Could happen, but we'll see...

EyePod
12-18-2008, 04:01 PM
Of course the players like him. He's not demanding and they still get a paycheck. Our next coach better not be a "player's coach."

I know. I want him to get fined for working the players too much. What a bunch of fucking pussies. They're getting payed millions of dollars. I still can't believe it when I see TO and how much he bitches just like my GF's 19 year old sister who's also a whiny little bitch. MOTHERFUCKERS.

DaneMcCloud
12-18-2008, 04:28 PM
Hey 2 1/2 inches 3 times equal 6 3/4 inches...

It's a good thing the planes fly themselves these days.

2.5 x 3 = 7.5

LMAO

DaWolf
12-18-2008, 04:35 PM
BTW, grabbed this quote from right before Herm exited the Jets:

"I would think the guys will be disappointed that Herm leaves," center Pete Kendall said. "Whoever comes in is going to inherit a locker room of good guys, of pros, of guys who understand this type of stuff is part of the business."

DaneMcCloud
12-18-2008, 04:43 PM
BTW, grabbed this quote from right before Herm exited the Jets:

"I would think the guys will be disappointed that Herm leaves," center Pete Kendall said. "Whoever comes in is going to inherit a locker room of good guys, of pros, of guys who understand this type of stuff is part of the business."

Kendell was later traded

Fish
12-18-2008, 04:51 PM
Thigpen and Bowe were also on giving their strong support for Herm....

Makes you wonder...

MikeMaslowski
12-18-2008, 04:58 PM
ewwww ... how do you know what kind of peter your mom likes?

:Lin:

I asked her, "what size peter do you like" and then she pointed at you.....

FringeNC
12-18-2008, 05:28 PM
This really all depends on who the next GM is, so I wouldn't start freaking out about Herm until then. I know of very few "outside the organization" GM's who can bring a "fresh outlook" to the franchise who would want to go into a season with a head coach entering a lame duck season. Could happen, but we'll see...

Three possibilities:

1. Herm is fired
2. Herm coaches next year as a lame duck
3. Herm receives a contract extension

Why would a new GM want #2? No new GM wants the potential for a meltdown in his first year. If next year Herm was going to be coaching without a contract, it made no sense to fire Carl. It's immediately putting the new GM in the hot seat.

kcxiv
12-18-2008, 05:34 PM

Yeah, you dont say that about yoru coach. Even if you dont like him, you just say the PC shit

WilliamTheIrish
12-18-2008, 05:36 PM

Which is one of the reasons you shitcan Herm. These players are too comfortable, imo. It was this way prior to Carl's arrival. When that rat Lowery and a few others went to the owner and lobbied for Mackovic to be canned because (*gasp) Gansz was going to be hired away by somebody else. "And we love him".

This franchise is so f'ed up. I can only hope and pray that Clark puts the correct people in place to build it right.

DaneMcCloud
12-18-2008, 05:38 PM
Three possibilities:

1. Herm is fired
2. Herm coaches next year as a lame duck
3. Herm receives a contract extension

Why would a new GM want #2? No new GM wants the potential for a meltdown in his first year. If next year Herm was going to be coaching without a contract, it made no sense to fire Carl. It's immediately putting the new GM in the hot seat.

So many of you guys act as if Herm was given a great team to coach and he just plain fucked up.

The bottom line is that the roster was in complete and utter shambles and while Herm obviously knew this (and went to Clark about it), Peterson just went about his business, ignoring the advice of the people that worked for him.

Now, he's out.

Believe it or not, Herm is well-respected among the coaching community and I think you'd have a hard time finding someone who's just willing to fire him without performing adequate due-diligence. And that due-diligence just might take an entire season, namely the 2009 season.

It's not as if Herm was hired to coach the Dallas Cowboys, New York Giants or Carolina Panthers - teams that are loaded with talent.

Fish
12-18-2008, 05:42 PM
So many of you guys act as if Herm was given a great team to coach and he just plain ****ed up.

The bottom line is that the roster was in complete and utter shambles and while Herm obviously knew this (and went to Clark about it), Peterson just went about his business, ignoring the advice of the people that worked for him.

Now, he's out.

Believe it or not, Herm is well-respected among the coaching community and I think you'd have a hard time finding someone who's just willing to fire him without performing adequate due-diligence. And that due-diligence just might take an entire season, namely the 2009 season.

It's not as if Herm was hired to coach the Dallas Cowboys, New York Giants or Carolina Panthers - teams that are loaded with talent.

That's what I'm thinking as well...

Skip Towne
12-18-2008, 05:42 PM

Math much?

the Talking Can
12-18-2008, 05:45 PM
So many of you guys act as if Herm was given a great team to coach and he just plain ****ed up.

Now, he's out.

ROFL

FringeNC
12-18-2008, 05:46 PM

Now, he's out.

Without getting into the merits of whether Herm is a good coach or not, it puts the new GM in a tough, tough spot. These guys want to hit the ground running. They have a model for success, and have a short list of coaches that they want to team with.

Extra Point
12-18-2008, 05:50 PM
Which is one of the reasons you shitcan Herm. These players are too comfortable, imo. It was this way prior to Carl's arrival. When that rat Lowery and a few others went to the owner and lobbied for Mackovic to be canned because (*gasp) Gansz was going to be hired away by somebody else. "And we love him".

This franchise is so f'ed up. I can only hope and pray that Clark puts the correct people in place to build it right.

QFT

OnTheWarpath15
12-18-2008, 05:50 PM
So many of you guys act as if Herm was given a great team to coach and he just plain fucked up.

Now, he's out.

Question:

Should winning be important to a team that is rebuilding?

MikeMaslowski
12-18-2008, 05:54 PM
Question:

I hope everyones answer to this YES..... for everyone that wants us to lose .... eff Off

Extra Point
12-18-2008, 05:57 PM
Question:

How many fourth quarters do you need to come up with an answer?

The Bad Guy
12-18-2008, 06:01 PM

Now, he's out.

He's well respected in coaching circles because he's a good guy. He's very likeable.

When Herm was hired here, he said he was fixing the defense. Shambles or not, he hasn't done it despite investing several high draft picks into the defensive line.

I also know there are a lot of people in the NFL that think Herm is a big bag of wind.

Any GM that comes in here is going to look at his record. They are going to look at the players that progressed and regressed under Herm, and they are going to look at the available coaches that might be better.

The Bad Guy
12-18-2008, 06:02 PM
Question:

It absolutely should be important.

This is a production-based business.

6 wins in 30 games is down right sickening.

el borracho
12-18-2008, 06:04 PM
[sigh]Really? Do I again have to point out that Herm has been a head coach in the NFL for 8 seasons? Herm isn't a new coach and did not just start coaching in 2006. Herm's career record = 54-76 (including his oh-so-impressive 2-4 playoff record). Herm is a loser, has always been a loser and, guess what!, will always be a loser.

Q: How many games would Herm have to win next year just to reach .500?
A: It's impossible! Even if Herm were to go 19-0 he would still be a loser.

OnTheWarpath15
12-18-2008, 06:08 PM
I hope everyones answer to this YES..... for everyone that wants us to lose .... eff Off

How many fourth quarters do you need to come up with an answer?

It absolutely should be important.

This is a production-based business.

I'm not avoiding you guys, I'm just looking for an answer specifically from Dane.

LOCOChief
12-18-2008, 06:10 PM
It's a good thing the planes fly themselves these days.

2.5 x 3 = 7.5

LMAO

OMG that's why I'm not flying anywhere for Christmas.

The Bad Guy
12-18-2008, 06:10 PM
The other thing that is really irritating about Herm is that he hasn't learned from any of his mistakes. Yeah, Gailey has opened up the offense, but what is hilarious to me is how bad our second half adjustments have been. This team goes into a massive shell after half time and that has to lay on the feet of the head coach.

1ChiefsDan
12-18-2008, 06:11 PM
People expect to badmouth the guy.

But would you badmouth your boss during a radio show? I'm thinking most wouldnt.

But then again, it's not like Herm would bench Waters.I did it on a busload of coworkers after getting shitfaced in Chicago on St. Patrick's Day.

I left that job shortly thereafter.:doh!:

The Bad Guy
I'm not avoiding you guys, I'm just looking for an answer specifically from Dane.

Dane seems like a pretty knowledgable guy.

I just don't know how you could ever defend Herm Edwards like he's a first year HC.

He's been coaching for 7 freaking years.

MikeMaslowski

Yes Sir.......... thats a rep, just cuz im drunk and feel that way.

DaneMcCloud
12-18-2008, 07:11 PM
Question:

Of course it's important.

I wrote that from the possible perspective of the new GM and what his reasons could possibly be for retaining Herm.

If Clark Hunt weren't the owner, I'd expect Herm and the coaching staff to be fired once the GM is in place. But it would not shock me to see Herm as the coach in 2009 for the reasons I stated, along with Clark's support of Herm.

Would I be happy to see Edwards replaced with a more competent X's and O's gameday coach? Absolutely.

Make no mistake about that.

OnTheWarpath15
12-18-2008, 07:28 PM
Of course it's important.

Then why keep a guy on that gets in the way of winning?

For all the talk about how little talent this team has, you can't honestly tell me they wouldn't have at LEAST 5-6 wins with a competent coach.

Why hold these kids back?

Bringing in a new HC allows these kids to not only develop, but to learn how how win.

Keeping HE in charge means only one of those things is going to take place.

We all know which one...

smittysbar
12-18-2008, 07:36 PM
Then why keep a guy on that gets in the way of winning?

For all the talk about how little talent this team has, you can't honestly tell me they wouldn't have at LEAST 5-6 wins with a competent coach.

Why hold these kids back?

Bringing in a new HC allows these kids to not only develop, but to learn how how win.

Keeping HE in charge means only one of those things is going to take place.

We all know which one...

So true, :thumb:

DaneMcCloud
12-18-2008, 07:38 PM

I don't agree with that.

I look at it from the other perspective: I can't friggin' believe that the Chiefs are even IN these games given the lack of talent on the right side of the offensive line, at WR, at LB and especially at DE. Yet other people think Herm needs to go in spite of these blatant deficiencies.

The Chiefs could have won in NY (I was there and said "Oh, shit!" when they punted with 5:35 left).

The would have beat Tampa without injuries to DJ and Flowers.

They may have won in San Diego had it not been for the missed extra point.

They may have beat San Diego this past weekend had it not been for Bowe's mishap and two misses FG's.

They may have beat Denver in Denver but the defense couldn't hold.

But they didn't and people want him fired, as if any other coach could have coached around the lack of talent and depth. As I said earlier, it's not like the Chiefs have the talent and depth of the Cowboys, Giants or Panthers.

I don't get it.

The Bad Guy
12-18-2008, 08:25 PM
I don't agree with that.

I look at it from the other perspective: I can't friggin' believe that the Chiefs are even IN these games given the lack of talent on the right side of the offensive line, at WR, at LB and especially at DE. Yet other people think Herm needs to go in spite of these blatant deficiencies.

The Chiefs could have won in NY (I was there and said "Oh, shit!" when they punted with 5:35 left).

They may have beat San Diego this past weekend had it not been for Bowe's mishap and two misses FG's.

But they didn't and people want him fired, as if any other coach could have coached around the lack of talent and depth. As I said earlier, it's not like the Chiefs have the talent and depth of the Cowboys, Giants or Panthers.

I don't get it.

This is going to be my last post about this because you obviously see Herm in a much, much different light than I do.

I believe the breaks go to the coaches that deserve them. Herm just isn't a good head coach. You think he is, but he has a 7-year track record of being a terribly mediocre head coach.

I don't want someone mediocre leading this team into the future.

OnTheWarpath15
12-18-2008, 08:32 PM
I don't agree with that.

I don't get it.

No one is claiming they have the talent of Dallas, New York or Carolina, Dane.

They obviously HAVE enough talent to be in these games, and it's painfully obvious to ANYONE watching that piss-poor coaching decisions are turning potential wins into losses.

Other coaches wouldn't be playing not-to-lose.

Other coaches wouldn't be so reckless with time management.

Other coaches wouldn't employ an OC who's 2nd half playcalling is so predictable, that the other team and the freaking FANS watching on TV are calling out what's going to happen before the snap.

So sorry, I have to call bullshit when you say another coach couldn't have coached around this so-called lack of talent and depth.

Reerun_KC
12-18-2008, 09:14 PM
OMG that's why I'm not flying anywhere for Christmas.

My call sign is Walleye.

Here is a picture of me the other day...

http://www.airshowbuzz.com/forums/uploads/monthly_04_2008/post-4106-1208537878.jpg

DaneMcCloud
12-18-2008, 09:34 PM
This is going to be my last post about this because you obviously see Herm in a much, much different light than I do.

I believe the breaks go to the coaches that deserve them. Herm just isn't a good head coach. You think he is, but he has a 7-year track record of being a terribly mediocre head coach.

I don't want someone mediocre leading this team into the future.

I get that, I really do. And I agree. I've never stated that Herm is a "great" coach by any means.

He's a "good" coach, having coached four teams to the playoffs. But he's not great.

And I hope he's replaced with someone who becomes a great coach.

DaneMcCloud
12-18-2008, 09:38 PM
Other coaches wouldn't be playing not-to-lose.

Are you referring to coaches who haven't fallen from the Marty Schottenheimer coaching tree? If so, I agree.

Other coaches wouldn't employ an OC who's 2nd half playcalling is so predictable, that the other team and the freaking FANS watching on TV are calling out what's going to happen before the snap.

So in your opinion, Chan Gailey should be unemployed? Interesting.

So sorry, I have to call bullshit when you say another coach couldn't have coached around this so-called lack of talent and depth.

Like who? Chris Palmer? Dom Capers? Jim Fassell? Brian Billick? Jack Del Rio? Marvin Lewis? Jim Zorn? Rod Marinelli? Tom Cable? Norv Turner? Scott Linehan? Jim Haslett? Need I go on?

You must really believe that Herm is worthless by making that statement. In case you hadn't noticed, there are coaches that are hired and fired every year that are far worse than Herm Edwards.

OnTheWarpath15
12-18-2008, 09:48 PM
Are you referring to coaches who haven't fallen from the Marty Schottenheimer coaching tree? If so, I agree.

So in your opinion, Chan Gailey should be unemployed? Interesting.

Like who? Chris Palmer? Dom Capers? Jim Fassell? Brian Billick? Jack Del Rio? Marvin Lewis? Jim Zorn? Rod Marinelli? Tom Cable? Norv Turner? Scott Linehan? Jim Haslett? Need I go on?

You must really believe that Herm is worthless by making that statement. In case you hadn't noticed, there are coaches that are hired and fired every year that are far worse than Herm Edwards.

I would bet everything I own that if Billick, Del Rio, Haslett, Fassel or Lewis were the coach of this team, as is, we'd have more than TWO fucking wins.

And regarding Gailey:

No, overall, I haven't been terribly impressed.

When the overwhelming majority of your running plays in key situations are behind the weakest part of your line - I have a problem with that.

When you're giving the ball to LJ 4 times in the 2nd half - I have a problem with that.

When your go-to plays in a goal-to-go scenario are the goddamn fade pass and a QB draw - I have a problem with that.

When your 2nd half play calling is as dry and predictable as the last guy who ran the offense - I have a problem with that.

DaneMcCloud
12-18-2008, 10:04 PM
I would bet everything I own that if Billick, Del Rio, Haslett, Fassel or Lewis were the coach of this team, as is, we'd have more than TWO fucking wins.

Wow, I highly doubt it. Del Rio's got a much more talented Jacksonville squad, yet he's only got 5 wins this year.

Haslett's probably coaching an equally talented squad and he's got two.

Lewis has a more talented squad (offensively for certain) and he's got three.

I'm sorry, I just don't see how you can win with guys like Adrian Jones, Rudy Niwanger, Damion McIntosh, Jason Babin, Rocky Boiman and Demorrio Williams as your starters (let alone Devard Darling) playing KEY positions (and a 7th round I-AA 2nd year QB to boot).

When you have THAT many holes that need to filled, you're going to lose a LOT of games.

Period.

I said the Chiefs would win 3 games at most back in May and you disagreed. Now that it's likely, you blame Edwards and Gailey, when the blame clearly lies at the feet of Carl Peterson for not providing his head coach with even AVERAGE talent at key positions.

smittysbar
12-18-2008, 10:05 PM
I'm sorry, I just don't see how you can win with guys like Adrian Jones, Rudy Niwanger, Damion McIntosh, Jason Babin, Rocky Boiman and Demorrio Williams as your starters (let alone Devard Darling) playing KEY positions (and a 7th round I-AA 2nd year QB to boot).

Herm put those guys on his team......

Reerun_KC
12-18-2008, 10:08 PM

Herm is only responsible for the talented players and their developement, Peterson is responsible for everything else...

Tribal Warfare
12-18-2008, 10:19 PM
of course they are having a circle jerk concerning Herm, He's buddies with them now and they know where they stand with him. Does that make him the right guy for the job? hell no, a retarded monkey on PCP could've managed the Charger game to a win. Herm just assfucked himself with that instance, and it was the breaking point that got Carl fired this season.

DaneMcCloud
12-18-2008, 10:20 PM

So you're telling me that Herm is the GM now?

WTF?

DaneMcCloud
12-18-2008, 10:22 PM
Herm is only responsible for the talented players and their developement, Peterson is responsible for everything else...

Considering that Herm wanted a full-on rebuild to take place since 2006 and Peterson ignored the request and continued to sign over-the-hill and less than mediocre talent at every sore spot, I'd say that's accurate.

OnTheWarpath15
12-18-2008, 10:25 PM
Wow, I highly doubt it. Del Rio's got a much more talented Jacksonville squad, yet he's only got 5 wins this year.

Haslett's probably coaching an equally talented squad and he's got two.

Lewis has a more talented squad (offensively for certain) and he's got three.

When you have THAT many holes that need to filled, you're going to lose a LOT of games.

Period.

I said the Chiefs would win 3 games at most back in May and you disagreed. Now that it's likely, you blame Edwards and Gailey, when the blame clearly lies at the feet of Carl Peterson for not providing his head coach with even AVERAGE talent at key positions.

Dane, you can keep crying about a lack of talent all you want.

They have shown they have the talent to win how many games this year - at least 5 by my count - only to have wins taken from them by bad coaching decisions.

I said they had a floor of 4 wins and a ceiling of 6.

Based on the way they've played in the 2nd half of the season, it's more than fair to say i would have been dead on had there not been a bumbling idiot on the sidelines grasping defeat from the jaws of victory.

smittysbar
12-18-2008, 10:32 PM

WTF?

Oh geez Dane, give me a break, you know he had a say so in the personnel, stop reaching :rolleyes:

DaneMcCloud
12-18-2008, 10:34 PM
Oh geez Dane, give me a break, you know he had a say so in the personnel, stop reaching :rolleyes:

Really?

I guess you haven't been paying attention, nor have you read EVERY interview with Carl and Clark specifically stating that CARL and CARL alone was responsible for the signing of McIntosh AND the decision to stick with "the old guys".

Those were CARL PETERSON'S DECISIONS, not Herm's.

Reerun_KC
12-18-2008, 10:38 PM

WTF?

Only if he can stab himself in the back..... Fucking weasel...

DaneMcCloud
12-18-2008, 10:40 PM
Dane, you can keep crying about a lack of talent all you want.

They have shown they have the talent to win how many games this year - at least 5 by my count - only to have wins taken from them by bad coaching decisions.

I said they had a floor of 4 wins and a ceiling of 6.

Based on the way they've played in the 2nd half of the season, it's more than fair to say i would have been dead on had there not been a bumbling idiot on the sidelines grasping defeat from the jaws of victory.

I guess we'll agree to disagree.

In New York, he made the "mistake" of not going for it on 4th & 1. There was no guarantee that they would have made the first down, nor is there a guarantee that they would have scored. But I guess in your mind, that's an error on Herm's part. Running at Kris Jenkins with Kolby Smith? Who's going to win that battle 90% of the time?

Versus Tampa Bay, the defense fell apart without the services of DJ and Flowers. The Special Teams suck because there's no depth across the entire roster and they'll continue to suck until the roster is rebuilt.

In San Diego, are you blaming Herm? They went for the win. I guess you think he erred and they should have kicked the extra point (even though he already missed one PAT) and attempt to win in OT?

And last weekend, where did Herm err? Surtain gave up the TD. Bowe fumbled. The kicker missed a 16 yarder and a 50 yarder. Where did Herm err?

I guess we just see these games much differently.

Reerun_KC
12-18-2008, 10:41 PM
Really?

I guess you haven't been paying attention, nor have you read EVERY interview with Carl and Clark specifically stating that CARL and CARL alone was responsible for the signing of McIntosh AND the decision to stick with "the old guys".

:huh:

They both are teh suck and both need to be removed...

Mecca
12-18-2008, 10:42 PM
I read this kind of stuff everyday. Herms track record speaks for itself. The guy is a horrendous gameday coach and a pretty blah evaluator of talent, just some think he's great at it because of what was here before.

DeezNutz
12-18-2008, 10:42 PM
Really?

It's also widely reported that Carl's greatest fault is giving TOO MUCH control over personnel decisions to his coaches.

This was undoubtedly the case with Grandpa, but now you're claiming that Carl was ruling with an iron fist (Edit: with Herm, sorry). Not hardly.

Look, I believe that Herm was hired with the mandate to try to win with that decaying '06 squad. From '07 on, this thing has been Herm's baby, IMO. And it sucks. Again, for me it's all about what he's done (read: hasn't done) with the defense.

DaneMcCloud
12-18-2008, 10:45 PM
It's also widely reported that Carl's greatest fault is giving TOO MUCH control over personnel decisions to his coaches.

This was undoubtedly the case with Grandpa, but now you're claiming that Carl was ruling with an iron fist. Not hardly.

Look, I believe that Herm was hired with the mandate to try to win with that decaying '06 squad. From '07 on, this thing has been Herm's baby, IMO. And it sucks. Again, for me it's all about what he's done (read: hasn't done) with the defense.

Carl has been quoted as saying he signed McIntosh and he alone thought they could "win with the old guys".

I'll be happy when Peterson delivers his final speech after the season's over so these issues can be cleared up once and for all.

Mecca
12-18-2008, 10:46 PM
Who keeps putting McIntosh out there on the field?

Reerun_KC
12-18-2008, 10:46 PM

This was undoubtedly the case with Grandpa, but now you're claiming that Carl was ruling with an iron fist (Edit: with Herm, sorry). Not hardly.

If he would of kept his man pleaser shut instead of acting like a pompus ass when he arrived, Mr God ****ing gidt to the Tampon 2 and will correct everything DV did wrong.. It wouldnt be so bad. But the ****ing loser ass douche nozzle, opened his cock holster and hasnt lived up the his self proclaimed hype of being a defensive guru....

DaneMcCloud
12-18-2008, 10:48 PM

Uh, don't you think that if there was someone better on the squad, they'd be out there?

For fucksakes, Johnston was out there before he was injured and he was a 7th rounder.

Peterson, as usual, did nothing to prepare for the departure of the "old" offensive lineman.

Reerun_KC
12-18-2008, 10:48 PM

Has to be Carl....:thumb:

DeezNutz
12-18-2008, 10:49 PM
Carl has been quoted as saying he signed McIntosh and he alone thought they could "win with the old guys".

I'll be happy when Peterson delivers his final speech after the season's over so these issues can be cleared up once and for all.

I know he fell on the sword after last season, taking responsibility for the poor line play, but that's what leaders are supposed to do. Herm, if you're reading this, make a note, since you NEVER fucking do this.

Anyway, let's take this at face value. But this still doesn't help your argument. In other words, do you agree that we're in "full rebuilding mode"? Ok. What the fuck has Herm really done differently with the right side of the line. Jones? Taylor, an actual young guy, can't get on the field. McIntosh, teh suck whom Carl supposedly forced on Herm, is still playing.

The rebuild is a farce. Donnie Edwards is still limping around at LB. Young players aren't getting on the field on the O-line. Remember the Barry Richardson man love on this board?

We've been sold a bag of goods.

DaneMcCloud
Has to be Carl....:thumb:

More or less by proxy.

That pretty much says "My roster sucks" when McIntosh is the best right tackle on your team.

Mecca
If he would of kept his man pleaser shut instead of acting like a pompus ass when he arrived, Mr God ****ing gidt to the Tampon 2 and will correct everything DV did wrong.. It wouldnt be so bad. But the ****ing loser ass douche nozzle, opened his cock holster and hasnt lived up the his self proclaimed hype of being a defensive guru....

If there is something you can rail on Herm extremely hard for it is this defense. Derrick Johnson hasn't developed to being any better, guys like Hali and Pollard who are in their 3rd years are crap, he hasn't fixed anything we're in the same spot just the shitty guys aren't as old.

BigRock
12-18-2008, 10:50 PM
Only if he can stab himself in the back..... ****ing weasel...

I can't stress enough how much I love the fact that the retard fringe around here is now criticizing Herm for "stabbing Carl in the back" by going over his head to force the sort of changes onto this team that have been needed for a decade.

Why stop there? Just finish the job and make your sig say "Hi, I'm a complete ****ing idiot" in big red letters.

DeezNutz
12-18-2008, 10:50 PM

Wait. Don't respond so quickly so that I can be the first to make the point. WTF.

Reerun_KC
12-18-2008, 10:51 PM
Uh, don't you think that if there was someone better on the squad, they'd be out there?

For ****sakes, Johnston was out there before he was injured and he was a 7th rounder.

Peterson, as usual, did nothing to prepare for the departure of the "old" offensive lineman.

And Herm has done very little to fix it either... Hell he has spent and spent on the DL and it blows goats nuts 90% of the time.

DeezNutz
12-18-2008, 10:54 PM

For ****sakes, Johnston was out there before he was injured and he was a 7th rounder.

Why is Taylor good enough to fill in for Albert at LT, but not good enough to oust McIntosh?

Reerun_KC
I can't stress enough how much I love the fact that the retard fringe around here is now criticizing Herm for "stabbing Carl in the back" by going over his head to force the sort of changes onto this team that have been needed for a decade.

Why stop there? Just finish the job and make your sig say "Hi, I'm a complete ****ing idiot" in big red letters.

Okay where do I sign up....

I will blame everything from global warming to aids on Herm... I dont care.

Reerun_KC
More or less by proxy.

That pretty much says "My roster sucks" when McIntosh is the best right tackle on your team.

You have chickens?

DeezNutz
If there is something you can rail on Herm extremely hard for it is this defense. Derrick Johnson hasn't developed to being any better, guys like Hali and Pollard who are in their 3rd years are crap, he hasn't fixed anything we're in the same spot just the shitty guys aren't as old.

Remember that the line is: it takes 3 years to develop a D-lineman. Surprisingly, you don't hear that line very much anymore out of 1 Arrowhead.

Mecca
12-18-2008, 10:55 PM
I'd like to know why Herm gets this hit as a great drafter or talent guy when they say you can judge drafts after 3 years and 3 years ago was his first draft and by all intents and purposes that draft should get a total F.

DeezNutz
12-18-2008, 10:55 PM
Okay where do I sign up....

You voted for Obama, huh?

Reerun_KC
12-18-2008, 10:56 PM
Why is Taylor good enough to fill in for Albert at LT, but not good enough to oust McIntosh?

:shrug: What surprises me is that they went with Turley and Welborne instead of going out last off season and even attempting to replace them.

DeezNutz
Remember that the line is: it takes 3 years to develop a D-lineman. Surprisingly, you don't hear that line very much anymore out of 1 Arrowhead.

I'd like to know why Herm gets this hit as a great drafter or talent guy when they say you can judge drafts after 3 years and 3 years ago was his first draft and by all intents and purposes that draft should get a total F.

Yeah!!! Who's fucking who now?!? By a minute. Suck it.

OnTheWarpath15

Because he doesn't have the prototypical size to play RT, dummy.

He'd he much better suited to play guard....uh, wait a minute.

What?

Reerun_KC
12-18-2008, 10:57 PM
You voted for Obama, huh?

Nope actually I didnt, but OK is a republican state, I could of voted for Jesus himself and the electoral votes went to the Republicans...

BigRock
12-18-2008, 10:57 PM

You know, Rerun, I completely respect you for admitting that. A lot of guys feel the same way you do and won't actually own up to it, instead pretending like they're being objective.

DeezNutz
12-18-2008, 10:58 PM

What?

Yeah, our fucking bad. Congratulations, we're now qualified to take someone's job at Arrowhead. I'll contact Clark tomorrow for us.

OnTheWarpath15

I agree, though I will say it's completely fair to add a year or two to that total when said players are being coached by fucking retards.

Mecca

What?

Who told you that? If someone tells me a guy is to small to be a OT then says they can play guard I would literally ask them if they drool...

And the reason he doesn't play for the guy who asked is because Herms dumbass thinks it's better to have the same 5 guys play together than switch it up. They harped on that all during preseason 1 unit of 5 guys and how that hurt them last year.

smittysbar
12-18-2008, 10:59 PM
You have chickens?

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

DeezNutz
12-18-2008, 10:59 PM
I agree, though I will say it's completely fair to add a year or two to that total when said players are being coached by ****ing retards.

You're not stupid if you can yell. That's the threshold.

OnTheWarpath15
12-18-2008, 11:00 PM
Who told you that? If someone tells me a guy is to small to be a OT then says they can play guard I would literally ask them if they drool...

And the reason he doesn't play for the guy who asked is because Herms dumbass thinks it's better to have the same 5 guys play together than switch it up. They harped on that all during preseason 1 unit of 5 guys and how that hurt them last year.

You know exactly who said it. He's been posting in this thread.

Said he's be better suited at guard or center.

The irony being, we have speed bumps at both positions, and Taylor STILL can't get on the field.

DaneMcCloud
12-18-2008, 11:01 PM

He's not a prototypical right tackle. He's not heavy enough and isn't a power tackle, which is necessary on the right side.

Personally, I think he'll step in when Waters retires and the Chiefs won't miss a beat.

Reerun_KC

I didnt buy into Herm being a great defensive mind and excellent talent mastermind that he was labelled when he arrived...

So far, major disappointment, IF ANYTHING, ANYTHING he shoud of been able to fix this defense, his mouth told us so. We are a franchise worse defense. I am sick of all the excuses, injury excuses and lack of talent because he sucks at drafting OL and DL.... Dorsey was a sure thing and a immediate impact player according to the Chiefs and Herm...

Winners always find away to win, Losers look for excuses and blame everyone else.

OnTheWarpath15
You're not stupid if you can yell. That's the threshold.

Ah, my mistake.

Fuck these guys then.

They should be Pro Bowlers by now with all the screaming going on at practice.

DeezNutz
12-18-2008, 11:02 PM
:popcorn:

Reerun_KC
12-18-2008, 11:02 PM
Yeah, our ****ing bad. Congratulations, we're now qualified to take someone's job at Arrowhead. I'll contact Clark tomorrow for us.

You have Clarks number? Dude, you are rocking!

Can I be your friend?

DaneMcCloud
12-18-2008, 11:03 PM
You know exactly who said it. He's been posting in this thread.

Said he's be better suited at guard or center.

The irony being, we have speed bumps at both positions, and Taylor STILL can't get on the field.

Are you disagreeing with me about Taylor?

The Chiefs HAVE played him right guard in certain situations. He's received a holding call and an offsides call at right guard.

IF the Chiefs didn't have Albert or Waters, Taylor would be on the field.

Mecca
12-18-2008, 11:03 PM
Putting a guy you think is smallish and not strong enough to play OT at guard is really smart when teams are going to the 340lb DT...

DaneMcCloud
12-18-2008, 11:04 PM
I didnt buy into Herm being a great defensive mind and excellent talent mastermind that he was labelled when he arrived...

So far, major disappointment, IF ANYTHING, ANYTHING he shoud of been able to fix this defense, his mouth told us so. We are a franchise worse defense. I am sick of all the excuses, injury excuses and lack of talent because he sucks at drafting OL and DL.... Dorsey was a sure thing and a immediate impact player according to the Chiefs and Herm...

Winners always find away to win, Losers look for excuses and blame everyone else.

Yeah, anyone can fix a defense when you trade away your best player.

EVERYONE knows that.

Reerun_KC
12-18-2008, 11:05 PM
You know, Rerun, I completely respect you for admitting that. A lot of guys feel the same way you do and won't actually own up to it, instead pretending like they're being objective.

I havent changed my stance on Herm from day one, I dont trust him to be honest, he has no self respect or any integerity... IF he had any of those, he would accept responsiblity, yet year after year, his bus looks like a meat grinder...

Its sad and troubling to say the least.

DaneMcCloud
Putting a guy you think is smallish and not strong enough to play OT at guard is really smart when teams are going to the 340lb DT...

So then you're of the opinion that Taylor doesn't belong on the field anywhere?

He's 6'3, 295 and from all accounts, he's not a beast in the weight room.

So where do you play him?

OnTheWarpath15
Are you disagreeing with me about Taylor?

The Chiefs HAVE played him right guard in certain situations. He's received a holding call and an offsides call at right guard.

IF the Chiefs didn't have Albert or Waters, Taylor would be on the field.

So he's only capable of playing on the left side?

Because we have jack-fucking-shit at C, RG and RT, yet the kid only gets spot duty.

At this point in the year, he should be starting SOMEWHERE.

You play your best 5 OLmen.

You can't tell me with a straight face that Taylor isn't at least our 3rd or 4th best OLman.

The season ended 7 weeks ago, get him on the fucking field and see what the fuck he can do.

DaneMcCloud
12-18-2008, 11:07 PM
So he's only capable of playing on the left side?

Because we have jack-fucking-shit at C, RG and RT, yet the kid only gets spot duty.

At this point in the year, he should be starting SOMEWHERE.

You play your best 5 OLmen.

You can't tell me with a straight face that Taylor isn't at least our 3rd or 4th best OLman.

The season ended 7 weeks ago, get him on the fucking field and see what the fuck he can do.

You are aware that they are two different positions and require a different skill set and body type, right?

He's filled in at right tackle and right guard this season. Has he impressed you? He hasn't impressed me.

At left tackle, I thought he was outstanding.

Reerun_KC
12-18-2008, 11:10 PM
Yeah, anyone can fix a defense when you trade away your best player.

EVERYONE knows that.

Excuses, there are always excuses for Herm...

Carl did this, we traded this, our team lacks talent, you cant fix a team in 3 years, blah blah blah blah blah.....

Like I said, Winners will find a way to win, Losers make excuses and blames everyone else.

Just for once I would like Herm to step and say, You know what? This game is on me, My decessions cost this team the game, I am sorry and will resolve the issue... I am willing to accept responsibility....

But if you believe Herm has the integerity to stand up and accept blame, I have some chickens to sell you....

OnTheWarpath15
12-18-2008, 11:11 PM
You are aware that they are two different positions and require a different skill set and body type, right?

He's filled in at right tackle and right guard this season. Has he impressed you? He hasn't impressed me.

It's hard to impress anyone when you get a series here and there.

ZERO continuity.

And FWIW, he showed more in very limited duty than McIntosh, Jones or Smith have shown all year...

Also, Ryan Harris is one of the best young RT in the league.

His size?

6'4" 300 pounds.

smittysbar
12-18-2008, 11:13 PM
http://insomniaandidiocracy.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/rooster.jpg

Reerun_KC

But the older people at RG or RT arent impressing any of us either, so what does it hurt to get time on the field?

DeezNutz
Excuses, there are always excuses for Herm...

Carl did this, we traded this, our team lacks talent, you cant fix a team in 3 years, blah blah blah blah blah.....

Like I said, Winners will find a way to win, Losers make excuses and blames everyone else.

Just for once I would like Herm to step and say, You know what? This game is on me, My decessions cost this team the game, I am sorry and will resolve the issue... I am willing to accept responsibility....

But if you believe Herm has the integerity to stand up and accept blame, I have some chickens to sell you....

Is this that accountability thing that Herm often references? Hmm...now doesn't that seem ironic. Isn't one of his favorite lines, "Players need to make plays."? Translation: "I didn't do it! Don't look at me! They were prepared! I can't coach 'em and catch it, too!"

DaneMcCloud
It's hard to impress anyone when you get a series here and there.

ZERO continuity.

And FWIW, he showed more in very limited duty than McIntosh, Jones or Smith have shown all year...

Also, Ryan Harris is one of the best young RT in the league.

His size?

6'4" 300 pounds.

So let me get this straight: The Chiefs are playing every young guy on the roster that's ready to play but in your opinion, they're not playing Herb because why again?

It doesn't make sense. It's just like those people clamoring for Barry Richardson. If either were ready to handle the chore of starting full-time, they'd be out there.

And FWIW, I like Smith better than Jones and Smith better than the 'Wanger at center.

DaneMcCloud
12-18-2008, 11:14 PM
But the older people at RG or RT arent impressing any of us either, so what does it hurt to get time on the field?

Taylor has been getting time at both positions but apparently, it's not enough for some.

DeezNutz
12-18-2008, 11:16 PM
The Chiefs are playing every young guy on the roster that's ready to play

Don't agree.

Cottam needs more reps. I realize that the absence of Gonzo for a series or two might cause Thigpen to piss himself, but we have more pants in the locker room. Charles needs more touches. LJ might get pissed, but I have a blow-up doll that he could toss/slap around when the trainer is looking for new pants for our #4. I ask only that he wipe her off when he's done.

If Morgan can't get on the field a bit more with the impressive dual of Page and Pollard, well, that pick is looking like shit.

Reerun_KC
Is this that accountability thing that Herm often references? Hmm...now doesn't that seem ironic. Isn't one of his favorite lines, "Players need to make plays."? Translation: "I didn't do it! Don't look at me! They were prepared! I can't coach 'em and catch it, too!"

Exactly.... It really is disappointing that the leader of this team just gives up on his players to protect himself... I guess its anything to save his own skin...

The Bad Guy
So let me get this straight: The Chiefs are playing every young guy on the roster that's ready to play but in your opinion, they're not playing Herb because why again?

It doesn't make sense. It's just like those people clamoring for Barry Richardson. If either were ready to handle the chore of starting full-time, they'd be out there.

And FWIW, I like Smith better than Jones and Smith better than the 'Wanger at center.

You give far too much credit to this coaching staff to maximize talent.

Tamba Hali basically licked balls for several weeks before this genius staff thought it would be a good idea to put him back into his most comfortable spot.

Reerun_KC
12-18-2008, 11:17 PM
Taylor has been getting time at both positions but apparently, it's not enough for some.

Do you agree that Taylor has more upside and potential than McIntosh?

smittysbar
12-18-2008, 11:17 PM
Don't agree.

Cottam needs more reps. I realize that the absence of Gonzo for a series or two might cause Thigpen to piss himself, but we have more pants in the locker room. Charles needs more touches. LJ might get pissed, but I have a blow-up doll that he could toss/slap around when the trainer is looking for new pants for our #4. I ask only that he wipe her off when he's done.

Oh that's funny, your on a roll tonight

OnTheWarpath15
12-18-2008, 11:22 PM

You're right, it doesn't make sense.

Nothing this staff does makes sense.

DeJuan Morgan was universally thought of by scouts as a R1 talent.

Yet, he can't find the field, and Jon fucking McGraw can.

Does that make sense?

Why the fuck is our 5th overall draft pick playing at the goddamn nose, while Tyler is playing the undertackle?

Does THAT make sense?

I have ZERO confidence that this coaching staff could find their ass with both hands and a map, much less get people on the field to get some experience in a wasted season, or play them in the correct fucking position to begin with.

Reerun_KC
12-18-2008, 11:24 PM

Yet, he can't find the field, and Jon ****ing McGraw can.

Does that make sense?

Why the **** is our 5th overall draft pick playing at the goddamn nose, while Tyler is playing the undertackle?

Does THAT make sense?

I have ZERO confidence that this coaching staff could find their ass with both hands and a map, much less get people on the field to get some experience in a wasted season, or play them in the correct ****ing position to begin with.

Isnt Jon McGraws wife and Herms wife best buddies?

DeezNutz
12-18-2008, 11:25 PM

Swingers. Clearly.

OnTheWarpath15
12-18-2008, 11:30 PM

Didn't Adrian Jones play for Herm in New York?

If you can't see the shitty performance of those two fucktards, and not think Herm plays favorites - then I have some ocean-front property I'd like to sell you in Olathe.

Mecca
12-18-2008, 11:30 PM
If it wasn't for Herm Jon McGraw wouldn't even be in the damn league, he's on the team cause he's a family friend.

DaneMcCloud
12-18-2008, 11:32 PM
Do you agree that Taylor has more upside and potential than McIntosh?

At right tackle?

No.

Reerun_KC
12-18-2008, 11:33 PM

If you can't see the shitty performance of those two ****tards, and not think Herm plays favorites - then I have some ocean-front property I'd like to sell you in Olathe.

Does that property include chickens or roosters?

Reerun_KC
12-18-2008, 11:34 PM
If it wasn't for Herm Jon McGraw wouldn't even be in the damn league, he's on the team cause he's a family friend.

And yet people bitched about DV...

DaneMcCloud
12-18-2008, 11:34 PM

Yet, he can't find the field, and Jon fucking McGraw can.

Does that make sense?

Why the fuck is our 5th overall draft pick playing at the goddamn nose, while Tyler is playing the undertackle?

Does THAT make sense?

I have ZERO confidence that this coaching staff could find their ass with both hands and a map, much less get people on the field to get some experience in a wasted season, or play them in the correct fucking position to begin with.

Yep, total sense. And I'm not disagreeing with the examples you've given.

But in this particular case, I'm not convinced by any stretch of the imagination, that Herb Taylor is the long term solution at right tackle.

As for your example, Rudy Niswanger is 6'5 but that doesn't make him Kevin Mawae.

Reerun_KC
12-18-2008, 11:35 PM
At right tackle?

No.

At RG?

Reerun_KC
Yep, total sense. And I'm not disagreeing with the examples you've given.

But in this particular case, I'm not convinced by any stretch of the imagination, that Herb Taylor is the long term solution at right tackle.

As for your example, Rudy Niswanger is 6'5 but that doesn't make him Kevin Mawae.

Maybe not long term, but in the short term, having him on the field would be more benefical to a potential long term...

DaneMcCloud

If you can't see the shitty performance of those two fucktards, and not think Herm plays favorites - then I have some ocean-front property I'd like to sell you in Olathe.

As a tackle and I agree he fucking sucks.

That's doesn't mean that there's someone better on the roster. I'd like to think that there's someone better, but that doesn't make it so.

DaneMcCloud
12-18-2008, 11:37 PM
Maybe not long term, but in the short term, having him on the field would be more benefical to a potential long term...

I don't buy that.

He's already filled in for Albert on several occasions. If Albert were to go down for any length of time again, who's going to back him up?

McIntosh.

Personally, I'd rather see Herb taking snaps at right guard or right tackle to determine whether or not he's a long-term solution at either, instead of forcing him to play and having McIntosh back up a rookie.

Reerun_KC
12-18-2008, 11:37 PM
As a tackle and I agree he ****ing sucks.

That's doesn't mean that there's someone better on the roster. I'd like to think that there's someone better, but that doesn't make it so.

Taylor at RG then...

OnTheWarpath15
12-18-2008, 11:38 PM
Does that property include chickens or roosters?

Honey Badgers.

Reerun_KC
12-18-2008, 11:39 PM
I don't buy that.

He's already filled in for Albert on several occasions. If Albert were to go down for any length of time again, who's going to back him up?

McIntosh.

Personally, I'd rather see Herb taking snaps at right guard or right tackle to determine whether or not he's a long-term solution at either, instead of forcing him to play and having McIntosh back up a rookie.

Cant disagree with that, but having him on the bench isnt the best solution if we are in a true rebuilding youth movement...

Hell they have bitched about that for 3 days on the radio...

Reerun_KC
12-18-2008, 11:40 PM
Honey Badgers.

Horny Badgers?

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/1/1_4_102.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=_undefined)

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb098&pp=ZNxdm824YYUS (http://smiley.smileycentral.com/download/index.jhtml?partner=ZSzeb098_ZNxdm824YYUS&utm_id=7926)

DaneMcCloud
12-18-2008, 11:41 PM
You give far too much credit to this coaching staff to maximize talent.

Tamba Hali basically licked balls for several weeks before this genius staff thought it would be a good idea to put him back into his most comfortable spot.

While I agree with the Hali example (WTF where they thinking, anyway? Gunther's a dumbfuck) to date, Taylor has looked more "comfortable" at left tackle than on the right side.

On the right side, he's jumpy and misses his blocks.

From what I've seen, he's a left side lineman.

DaneMcCloud
12-18-2008, 11:42 PM
Cant disagree with that, but having him on the bench isnt the best solution if we are in a true rebuilding youth movement...

Hell they have bitched about that for 3 days on the radio...

Look, you don't play a guy out of position just because he's young. That doesn't make any sense.

We're talking about ONE position here. Not the entire squad. It's clear that the Chiefs are trying him on the right side in hopes that he'll lock a position down.

So far, he hasn't.

And as far as KC Sportsradio is concerned, I stopped listening to those hacks more than 5 years ago. Those guys wouldn't be able to participate in a meaningful thread on the 'Planet. They're imbeciles.

OnTheWarpath15
12-18-2008, 11:42 PM
I'm off to bed, guys.

I have a final at 7, 9 and 11 tomorrow.

Gotta hit the rack.

Enjoy your discussion...

Reerun_KC
12-18-2008, 11:43 PM
While I agree with the Hali example (WTF where they thinking, anyway? Gunther's a dumb****) to date, Taylor has looked more "comfortable" at left tackle than on the right side.

On the right side, he's jumpy and misses his blocks.

From what I've seen, he's a left side lineman.

Just question Dane? I notice that its alwasy Petersons fault for the talent, now its gunthers fault for Hali?

Why the freak do we even need a HC when he doesnt have the spine to correct the issues that are dragging him down?

Mecca
12-18-2008, 11:44 PM
This is probably the most inept coaching staff ever assembled.

Reerun_KC
12-18-2008, 11:44 PM
I'm off to bed, guys.

Gotta hit the rack.

Enjoy your discussion...

Finished off finals today.. Wahoo!

Reerun_KC
12-18-2008, 11:45 PM
This is probably the most inept coaching staff ever assembled.

It ranks up there with the worse, actually it is just rank....

I dont care if Herm gets a fair shake or not, I just want this whole fucking mess tore down and rebuilt with a new GM...

DaneMcCloud
12-18-2008, 11:46 PM
Just question Dane? I notice that its alwasy Petersons fault for the talent, now its gunthers fault for Hali?

Why the freak do we even need a HC when he doesnt have the spine to correct the issues that are dragging him down?

You're confusing two points: BadGuy mentioned that Hali was playing out of position. Gunther's at fault.

Peterson most certainly has been responsible for the talent in nearly every year of his reign. If you'll note, the common denominator during his tenure was shitty drafts.

Until 2008, when he was stripped of those decisions in the war room.

DaneMcCloud
12-18-2008, 11:47 PM
I'm off to bed, guys.

Gotta hit the rack.

Enjoy your discussion...

Wow, good luck Dude!

Mecca
12-18-2008, 11:47 PM
Only the Chiefs would think expanding Gunther Cunninghams coaching responsibility is a good idea..then follow that by having a Dline coach that is nothing but hot air.

DaneMcCloud
12-18-2008, 11:49 PM
Only the Chiefs would think expanding Gunther Cunninghams coaching responsibility is a good idea..then follow that by having a Dline coach that is nothing but hot air.

And note how the only job he could get in the league after being fired was a linebacker coaching job.

He sucks. The only time he's been worth a shit is when every freakin' defensive starter was way above average and surrounded by Hall of Famers and near Hall of Famers.

Mecca
12-18-2008, 11:50 PM
I'm pretty sure I could have coordinated the Chiefs defense in the 90's any dumbass could have.

Reerun_KC
12-18-2008, 11:51 PM
You're confusing two points: BadGuy mentioned that Hali was playing out of position. Gunther's at fault.

Peterson most certainly has been responsible for the talent in nearly every year of his reign. If you'll note, the common denominator during his tenure was shitty drafts.

Until 2008, when he was stripped of those decisions in the war room.

Okay so Herm doesnt have power to over rule Gunther on player positions? Or he cant evaluate the talent to see that Gunther is playing him out of position? It has to be one or the other. Herm is a great evaluator of talent of course he has to know this wasnt a good Idea, but signed off on it anyway?

I guess that blows the theory that Clark worked with his coaches to get them the players...

I just have a hard time that with all the talent Herm assembles, that NYJ isnt still winning superbowls and we arent getting ready to polish up another trophy this year, of course beating the NYJ's on our way to the top.... Its baffling to say the least...

Reerun_KC
12-18-2008, 11:54 PM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_28_125.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=_undefined) Calling it a night guys, Thanks for the debates and until next time!

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb114&pp=ZNxdm824YYUS (http://smiley.smileycentral.com/download/index.jhtml?partner=ZSzeb114_ZNxdm824YYUS&utm_id=7922)

smittysbar
12-19-2008, 12:01 AM
me too

Reerun_KC
02-27-2009, 11:07 AM
Bump this for old times sakes!

Reerun_KC
02-27-2009, 11:27 AM
I must have been drunker than 9 monkey's during half of this thread...