PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs CP Civil War?

Crush
12-18-2008, 12:54 PM
The imminent demise of King Carl has apparently created a power vacuum and it seems that two ideological factions have risen up in order to fill the void. The first faction is the TFS (True Fan Syndrome) and its members are called "True Fans" by the opposition. The second faction is the KIAS (Know It All Syndrome) and its members are the primary target of the TFS.

The ideologies that these two factions have built themselves around vary from both person to person and those with general opposing views. I am starting to get the feeling that this board could tear itself apart in unprecedented amounts of douchebaggery if everyone does not calm down and agree to disagree. I do want to see my favorite posters such as Skip, Rain Man, Frazod, and others, be driven away to the point where the reputation of this site crumbles into a forgotten myth.

Now, I am not going to pretend that I am neutral in this conflict. I feel that am a member of the so-called KIAS, because I am very anti-Marty, anti-Cowher, anti-Herm, anti-Gunther. I also wish that we would draft a potential franchise QB with our high pick, if the situation presents itself, because (in my opinion) the reward dramatically outweighs the risk.

Therefore, I establish this thread in order to have everyone to pick sides and work out their differences. I did not do this for the reason of dividing everyone up and adding fuel to the fire. I did this because I would like this place to return to a place of conventional discussion with rational thought and opposition. If we finally understand where everyone is coming from, then maybe we can get along and not spam this site with BS that has not been seen since Greg Robinson's defensive playbook.

The Franchise
12-18-2008, 12:55 PM
Die TFS douchebags!

OnTheWarpath15
12-18-2008, 12:56 PM
:popcorn:

eazyb81
12-18-2008, 12:59 PM
Can I play the role of Switzerland?

DaKCMan AP
12-18-2008, 12:59 PM
I would like this place to return to a place of conventional discussion with rational thought and opposition.

STFU n00b.

DaFace
12-18-2008, 01:00 PM
I think I belong to a third faction, which I like to call the IDUWPGSWUADTOECTFTIAOUKAMAWPTWBEITNRTSOOLAAPOAFWS.

(I don't understand why people get so worked up about defending their opinions, especially considering the fact that if any of us knew as much as we pretend to, we'd be employed in the NFL rather than sitting on our lazy asses and playing on a fan web site).

Whoarethechefs
12-18-2008, 01:00 PM
Being a sufferer of TFKIAS, all I have to say is:

Can't we all just get along?

wasi
12-18-2008, 01:03 PM
I've never believed there to be a connection with playing or watching sports and wanting to play to lose or cheering for my favorite team to lose. I guess I fall into the TFS category then.

the Talking Can
12-18-2008, 01:03 PM
this place has never been about "agreeing to disagree"

thank god, sounds pretty boring

StcChief
12-18-2008, 01:04 PM
I'll just be a new breed "REAL FAN"

J Diddy
12-18-2008, 01:07 PM
Damn we make UP the president and next thing we know we gots us a civil war.

Hammock Parties
12-18-2008, 01:09 PM
WPI seizes power in a bloody coup.

Rooster
12-18-2008, 01:10 PM
I think I belong to a third faction, which I like to call the IDUWPGSWUADTOECTFTIAOUKAMAWPTWBEITNRTSOOLAAPOAFWS.

(I don't understand why people get so worked up about defending their opinions, especially considering the fact that if any of us knew as much as we pretend to, we'd be employed in the NFL rather than sitting on our lazy asses and playing on a fan web site).

LMAO :thumb:
I'm an IDUWPGSWUADTOECTFTIAOUKAMAWPTWBEITNRTSOOLAAPOAFWS also.

DaKCMan AP
12-18-2008, 01:10 PM

If this followed a biblical story line, you'd be the virgin.

StcChief
12-18-2008, 01:11 PM
still not getting "sub-premium" content $$$$.

J Diddy

you can't even seize ass

El Jefe
I'll just be a new breed "REAL FAN"

Sign me up.

DaFace
12-18-2008, 01:12 PM

...and all discussion deteriorates into stories about what everyone's sister's best friend's third-cousin's dog who knows someone that works at Arrowhead concessions heard last night.

:D

crazycoffey
I voted TFS, because - since I argue with the meccamist about how negative he is and I think Herm just finally got to get something started this year, that should have been started last year, and I want to see what he does with it through the end of next year - befor I decide he's the worst coach ever.

But after I hit submit I saw Dafaces group and I wish to claim status as a IDUWPGSWUADTOECTFTIAOUKAMAWPTWBEITNRTSOOLAAPOAFWSite in IDUWPGSWUADTOECTFTIAOUKAMAWPTWBEITNRTSOOLAAPOAFWSville

ChiefsCountry
Looks like the head Chief though is on board for a KIAS type rebuild.

crazycoffey
12-18-2008, 01:13 PM

if it ever got to drawing blood, WPI would be the first to go/ something the majority of both sides in this battle would actually agree on....

OnTheWarpath15
...and all discussion deteriorates into stories about what everyone's sister's best friend's third-cousin's dog who knows someone that works at Arrowhead concessions heard last night.

:D

With blatant mis-spellings and grammatical errors...

Crush
I believe that those that wish for Marty to return (with or without Cowher) in some form do not truly understand some people's hatred for Marty. My hatred for Marty is built upon the foundation of terrible playoff memories (particularly 95 IND and 97 KC). Although, I can not forget the '94 Season (we beat the 49ers, but get shut out by the sorry-ass Rams at home? We lose to an inferior Chargers team twice?) and the Monday Night Meltdown. I can not forget the Steve Bonos, the Elvis Grbacs, the Tamarick Vanovers, and the Brock Middlebrooks, because there the pain still runs deep, even after all of these years. I do not hunger for a playoff win. I want a SB win and (in my opinion) the only way for this to happen is change the entire culture of this team. I want to start from the ground up, because whatever this organization has been doing has failed every year after year after year. I would rather go 3-13 and get an excellent draft pick, instead of going 13-3 (shudder) and going one and done in the playoffs. Because, in both scenarios, this organization failed. In my opinion, if you do not win the SB then you have failed. However, it is the team's responsibility to recognize and learn from its failures in order to make itself better. If we go the Marty/Cowher/Say No to Franchise QB route, then this team will be stuck in a continuous loop of mediocrity. In other words, I would rather this team would try and fail, then not try at all.

NOTE: I do not desire for this place to be boring, but can we at least agree that it is just a damn game and nothing to get too worked up about.

DaFace
12-18-2008, 01:14 PM

Well, let's be fair here, that's nothing new to ChiefsPlanet.

SAUTO
12-18-2008, 01:14 PM
if it ever got to drawing blood, WPI would be the first to go/ something the majority of both sides in this battle would actually agree on....

YEP i think EVERYONE would agree with this

OnTheWarpath15
12-18-2008, 01:17 PM
In order to get my two cents out of the way, I'll start. I believe that those that wish for Marty to return (with or without Cowher) in some form do not truly understand some people's hatred for Marty. My hatred for Marty is built upon the foundation of terrible playoff memories (particularly 95 IND and 97 KC). Although, I can not forget the '94 Season (we beat the 49ers, but get shut out by the sorry-ass Rams at home? We lose to an inferior Chargers team twice?) and the Monday Night Meltdown. I can not forget the Steve Bonos, the Elvis Grbacs, the Tamarick Vanovers, and the Brock Middlebrooks, because there the pain still runs deep, even after all of these years. I do not hunger for a playoff win. I want a SB win and (in my opinion) the only way for this to happen is change the entire culture of this team. I want to start from the ground up, because whatever this organization has been doing has failed every year after year after year. I would rather go 3-13 and get an excellent draft pick, instead of going 13-3 (shudder) and going one and done in the playoffs. Because, in both scenarios, this organization failed. In my opinion, if you do not win the SB then you have failed. However, it is the team's responsibility to recognize and learn from its failures in order to make itself better. If we go the Marty/Cowher/Say No to Franchise QB route, then this team will be stuck in a continuous loop of mediocrity. In other words, I would rather this team would try and fail, then not try at all.

I have the same level of hate for Marty as I do for Herm:

None.

I also have the same confidence in Marty being a part of a Championship franchise as I do in Herm:

None.

luv
12-18-2008, 01:17 PM
Consider me Switzerland.

Donger
12-18-2008, 01:19 PM
I don't know what this is all about, so I'll side with whichever faction has more money.

OnTheWarpath15
12-18-2008, 01:19 PM
Consider me Switzerland.

Can you make me a chocolate watch?

talastan
12-18-2008, 01:21 PM

I would like to throw my lot in with this faction.

Crush
I have the same level of hate for Marty as I do for Herm:

None.

I also have the same confidence in Marty being a part of a Championship franchise as I do in Herm:

None.

I understand that and I wish that I felt that way, but the thought of Marty returning to this organization immediately gives me "kicked in the balls" syndrome.

StcChief

:Dand goes to church with Herm, new HC, or the Hunts when they are here in town.
Their 2nd cousin's friend lives in Dallas and his neighbor is the maid for Hunt's and she says....

luv
12-18-2008, 01:23 PM
Can you make me a chocolate watch?

I would, but I just figured that saying I was a neutral country during a civil war was kind of pointless.

crazycoffey
12-18-2008, 01:28 PM
I believe that those that wish for Marty to return (with or without Cowher) in some form do not truly understand some people's hatred for Marty. My hatred for Marty is built upon the foundation of terrible playoff memories (particularly 95 IND and 97 KC). Although, I can not forget the '94 Season (we beat the 49ers, but get shut out by the sorry-ass Rams at home? We lose to an inferior Chargers team twice?) and the Monday Night Meltdown. I can not forget the Steve Bonos, the Elvis Grbacs, the Tamarick Vanovers, and the Brock Middlebrooks, because there the pain still runs deep, even after all of these years. I do not hunger for a playoff win. I want a SB win and (in my opinion) the only way for this to happen is change the entire culture of this team. I want to start from the ground up, because whatever this organization has been doing has failed every year after year after year. I would rather go 3-13 and get an excellent draft pick, instead of going 13-3 (shudder) and going one and done in the playoffs. Because, in both scenarios, this organization failed. In my opinion, if you do not win the SB then you have failed. However, it is the team's responsibility to recognize and learn from its failures in order to make itself better. If we go the Marty/Cowher/Say No to Franchise QB route, then this team will be stuck in a continuous loop of mediocrity. In other words, I would rather this team would try and fail, then not try at all.

NOTE: I do not desire for this place to be boring, but can we at least agree that it is just a damn game and nothing to get too worked up about.

to your note - yes it is a game, something else I'm getting sick of saying in my posts after being told what an idiot I am and how I contribute zero football knowledge to the board.

And I don't blame you for hating Marty or Herm.

I think the "try to lose" means you never take a chance on some things, like unproved young talent and then you never can reach that level of greatness. There are seeds that were just planted, and I don't think we can truely say we know those seeds will not bear fruit.

I want nothing but a SB too, if the new GM is the NE guy - and he brings his own coach - so be it. I'll still be a fan, I'll still try to find things to enjoy with this team and if I ever become such a meccamist that no matter what happens, I'm still looking for negatives - I hope I have the courage to just stop watching the chiefs all together.

crazycoffey
12-18-2008, 01:29 PM
I don't know what this is all about, so I'll side with whichever faction has more money.

that would probably be switzerland...

MahiMike
12-18-2008, 01:30 PM
You can't put a label on me!

HemiEd
12-18-2008, 01:31 PM
Somewhere in the middle is where I reside, but grow weary of people telling other people what their fandom should be like. Especially when they become so condescending about it.

Bottom line, they are going to do whatever they do, and I can't do a darn thing about it.

I am actually glad they hired Herm Edwards, it has helped me care to a lesser degree about this team and what they do.

DaFace
12-18-2008, 01:32 PM
Somewhere in the middle is where I reside, but grow weary of people telling other people what their fandom should be like. Especially when they become so condescending about it.

Bottom line, they are going to do whatever they do, and I can't do a darn thing about it.

I am actually glad they hired Herm Edwards, it has helped me care to a lesser degree about this team and what they do.

Strangely, I have to agree. I've become a hockey fan in the past two years, and if we'd been a superbowl team, that probably would never have happened. Thanks Herm! :)

wasi
12-18-2008, 01:36 PM
If we go the Marty/Cowher/Say No to Franchise QB route, then this team will be stuck in a continuous loop of mediocrity. In other words, I would rather this team would try and fail, then not try at all.

I felt the exact same way last off-season. With the way things have gone this season, the defense failing miserably and the emergence of Thigpen I'm not so adament about having to get a franchise QB this year. I don't see any difference in trying to build a team around him and failing or drafting a potential franchise QB and failing.

Crush
12-18-2008, 01:38 PM
to your note - yes it is a game, something else I'm getting sick of saying in my posts after being told what an idiot I am and how I contribute zero football knowledge to the board.

And I don't blame you for hating Marty or Herm.

I think the "try to lose" means you never take a chance on some things, like unproved young talent and then you never can reach that level of greatness. There are seeds that were just planted, and I don't think we can truely say we know those seeds will not bear fruit.

I want nothing but a SB too, if the new GM is the NE guy - and he brings his own coach - so be it. I'll still be a fan, I'll still try to find things to enjoy with this team and if I ever become such a meccamist that no matter what happens, I'm still looking for negatives - I hope I have the courage to just stop watching the chiefs all together.

Rep

Crush
12-18-2008, 01:39 PM
I felt the exact same way last off-season. With the way things have gone this season, the defense failing miserably and the emergence of Thigpen I'm not so adament about having to get a franchise QB this year. I don't see any difference in trying to build a team around him and failing or drafting a potential franchise QB and failing.

Rep

ClevelandBronco
12-18-2008, 01:44 PM

"Misspelling" doesn't need a hyphen.

Just saying.

Iowanian
12-18-2008, 01:47 PM
Is ToO(2) Urinary Opening of a male hangdown part!!!!

COITUS OFF alone, by yourself!!!!

this place has never been about "agreeing to disagree"

thank god, sounds pretty boring

OnTheWarpath15
12-18-2008, 01:48 PM
"Misspelling" doesn't need a hyphen.

Just saying.

GODDAMMIT.

Crush
12-18-2008, 01:49 PM
Is ToO(2) Urinary Opening of a male hangdown part!!!!

COITUS OFF alone, by yourself!!!!

What?

Donger
12-18-2008, 01:52 PM

Who would say such a thing?

crazycoffey
12-18-2008, 01:57 PM
Who would say such a thing?

say what?

Donger
12-18-2008, 01:58 PM
say what?

"what an idiot I am and how I contribute zero football knowledge to the board"

ClevelandBronco
12-18-2008, 02:04 PM

Here you go.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/default.stm

Read up and let us know what the hell the rest of the world is thinking.

crazycoffey
12-18-2008, 02:06 PM

Who said that?

Iowanian
12-18-2008, 02:27 PM
What?
translation:
"IS TOO, DICKHOLE

**** YOURSELF"

I'm trying the new and improved, civiliowanian for a while.

Rain Man
12-18-2008, 02:27 PM
I view the situation not as a war by any means, but rather as an opportunity to teach. I am Anne Sullivan, and some other folks are Helen Keller, and I'm tracing "W"s on their right palm as I flow facts and statistics over their left palm.

http://www.archives.state.al.us/map/images/Helen_Keller_&_Anne_Sullivan.jpg

HemiEd
12-18-2008, 02:30 PM
Strangely, I have to agree. I've become a hockey fan in the past two years, and if we'd been a superbowl team, that probably would never have happened. Thanks Herm! :)

Hockey fan? Wow, is that due to the exposure you have to the Colorado Avalanche?

I went to a Blackhawks game about 11 years ago, that is going to have to do me in the Hockey department. :D

Iowanian
12-18-2008, 02:33 PM
The Downfall of civilized society and the nastiness that prevails on this site now, ultimately begain in the late 1970s, when Richie Cunningham started saying

"Sit on it, Potsy"

I think I'm bringing that one back.

Fish
12-18-2008, 02:39 PM
Segregation is always the best way to work out our differences......

IDUWPGSWUADTOECTFTIAOUKAMAWPTWBEITNRTSOOLAAPOAFWSism is where it's at.........

Bugeater
12-18-2008, 02:51 PM
This. I usually try to gather information from here in order form my own opinions, but I generally don't waste my time trying to push them on to anyone else, nor do I get too worked up about it.

HemiEd
12-18-2008, 02:56 PM
This. I usually try to gather information from here in order form my own opinions, but I generally don't waste my time trying to push them on to anyone else, nor do I get too worked up about it.

Exactly, I caught myself getting romantic, about the fond memories of Marty as the Chiefs HC yesterday.
Then someone brought up some of the draft choices, or a better word might be draft failures. Romance over.

Rain Man
12-18-2008, 02:57 PM
The Patriots call me every week to seek advice.

HemiEd
12-18-2008, 03:01 PM
The Patriots call me every week to seek advice.

They are pretty sharp people. Can you share some of your recent advisements with us?

Rain Man
12-18-2008, 03:02 PM
They are pretty sharp people. Can you share some of your recent advisements with us?

I told them that they should be starting that Brady kid over Cassell. Mark my words, by this time next year he'll be their starter.

chiefsngop
12-18-2008, 03:04 PM
I don't want to see Cowher or Marty hired by the Chiefs.

And I hate Herm and Carl.

I also despise mediocrity

But I also can't force myself to cheer against the Chiefs nor do I "want" them to lose ever.

I'm not sure what category that puts me in.

cdcox
12-18-2008, 03:31 PM
Heh, some people are too sensitive. This is nothing compared to the Grbac - Gannon wars.

Mr. Laz
12-18-2008, 03:40 PM
Consider me Switzerland.

can i play in your snowy peaks?

jjchieffan
12-18-2008, 04:06 PM
I think my thread has been misconstrued. I do not want to start a CP civil war. I just wanted to create a funny counter thread to Hamas' TFS thread.

Direckshun
12-18-2008, 05:56 PM
I actually am just looking to have fun.

ClevelandBronco
12-18-2008, 05:59 PM
I actually am just looking to have fun.

PM Claythan. She's probably up for it.

Direckshun
12-18-2008, 06:00 PM
PM Claythan. She's probably up for it.

I like smaller tits.

ClevelandBronco
12-18-2008, 06:01 PM
I like smaller tits.

ROFL

Crush
12-18-2008, 06:05 PM
Congrats, Direckshun and Cleveland Bronco. That little conversation is going to be my new signature. Rep all around.

Skip Towne
12-18-2008, 06:50 PM
I told them that they should be starting that Brady kid over Cassell. Mark my words, by this time next year he'll be their starter.

Damn! Inside info. You must work for WPI

whoman69
12-18-2008, 07:24 PM
I certainly can't claim to know it all, but I have to be contrary to anyone that says that things are going the right direction in this franchise as long as Herm remains the coach. They want to call us arrogant, but Carl essentially called anyone who didn't agree with him not a true fan. Its the Republican argument about patriotism passed along to football.

Rain Man
12-18-2008, 07:27 PM
Damn! Inside info. You must work for WPI

They call me every week, too.

teedubya
12-18-2008, 07:41 PM
I'm the HipHopapotamus, my lyrics are bottomless.

CHENZ A!
12-18-2008, 08:20 PM
Does this basically boil down to whether you want to draft a QB in the 1st or not? I vote for BPA regardless of position, if it's a QB then fine, if not fine too. What side does that put me on?

OnTheWarpath15
12-18-2008, 08:49 PM
Does this basically boil down to whether you want to draft a QB in the 1st or not? I vote for BPA regardless of position, if it's a QB then fine, if not fine too. What side does that put me on?

The common sense side.

CHENZ A!
12-18-2008, 09:05 PM
The common sense side.

wait I missed the part about wanting us to lose for a better draft pick. I don't want us to lose. same side still right?

OnTheWarpath15
12-18-2008, 09:15 PM
wait I missed the part about wanting us to lose for a better draft pick. I don't want us to lose. same side still right?

LMAO

IMO, yes.

Some of these guys have gone off the fucking deep end when it comes to where we're going to pick.

I can GUARANTEE you this:

Regardless of where we pick, in every round, there will be good players picked before us, and good players picked after us.

Like people bitching back when we missed out on Olshansky, and took Siavii.

Had we taken Bob Sanders, who went several spots after us, no one would be bitching we missed Olshansky...

cdcox
12-18-2008, 09:42 PM
LMAO

IMO, yes.

Some of these guys have gone off the ****ing deep end when it comes to where we're going to pick.

I can GUARANTEE you this:

Regardless of where we pick, in every round, there will be good players picked before us, and good players picked after us.

Like people bitching back when we missed out on Olshansky, and took Siavii.

Had we taken Bob Sanders, who went several spots after us, no one would be bitching we missed Olshansky...

My main motivation for rooting for losing was to get rid of Carl and Herm. Everyone said they would be back no matter how badly we did. :D Herm might still be back, but it looks unlikely.

As long as there is a slight chance we could get Stafford, I'll continue to root for draft choice. If we lost out on him due to winning a meaningless game, and he turned out to be a star, I'd just be sick over it.

There is a clear connection between W-L and what happens during the offseason. I'm really focused on the long term right now. It helps me keep interested in the team.

Hammock Parties
12-18-2008, 10:44 PM
I like smaller tits.

Come on, bro. I'm an A-cup now.

Rain Man
12-18-2008, 10:50 PM

"Bob Sanders". Ha. "Bob Sanders" would've been a great pick. It's too bad that he wasn't eligible when we picked.

OnTheWarpath15
12-18-2008, 10:54 PM
"Bob Sanders". Ha. "Bob Sanders" would've been a great pick. It's too bad that he wasn't eligible when we picked.

Am I missing a joke here?

Rain Man
12-18-2008, 11:00 PM
Am I missing a joke here?

Perhaps. It was proven a few weeks ago that "Bob Sanders" doesn't exist, and he is just a marketing ploy created by the NFL.

Bowser
12-18-2008, 11:00 PM

Logical
12-18-2008, 11:36 PM
I am not awqre of a time when everyone tried to get along. In fact this place would be dead if that occured.

By the way I quit watching the Chiefs for the most part because I cannot root against them but I want the higher draft pick.

I also will not really be happy until Gunther and Herm are gone from the team.