PDA

View Full Version : Science Would the World be a Better Place without Women in the Workforce?

Otter
12-18-2008, 02:27 PM
I’ve been in the workforce for 10 years now and I can honestly say “yes”, the work place would be a better place without women.

Now giving credit where credit is due I have worked with 3 woman who were as easy to work with as men. That’s three, in thousands of cases where I wouldn’t rather commit suicide by stabbing myself in the brain through my ear hold with a rusty spoon than have to deal with them on a regular basis.

You want to know why? Over the last 10 years I’ve worked women I found out 99.5% of them fall into the two below categories:

1. Fat and/or unhappy with home life: These lovely human beings try to bring everyone around them down. If their not happy, no one should be happy. Here’s some advice sister; put down the twinky, stop drinking soda by the gallon and don’t make your only form of exercise climbing your fat ass out of your bed into your car. There’s a reason you’re not attractive anymore and it’s probably your own fault.

2. Feel unappreciated/Unhappy with Job: Guess what sweet cheeks? So does everyone else. You’re not special. Instead of sticking your nose in things that are not any of your business in an effort to be noticed try getting ahead like the rest of us: learn a new skill and become better at it than your competition.

Maybe it’s being in the IT field, I don’t know, but I absolutely dread working with most women and having to walk on eggshells as opposed to working with most men.

Don’t like your job? There’s a support group for that. It’s called everyone and they meet at the bar.

/rant

So, do you find women overall more difficult to work with then men?

OnTheWarpath15
12-18-2008, 02:28 PM
:popcorn:

This has HOC potential.

Reerun_KC
12-18-2008, 02:31 PM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/5/5_8_5.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=_undefined) This is going to go off well...

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb097&pp=ZNxdm824YYUS (http://smiley.smileycentral.com/download/index.jhtml?partner=ZSzeb097_ZNxdm824YYUS&utm_id=7925)

Demonpenz
12-18-2008, 02:32 PM
they are completely worthless when on the rag then when they get knocked up they are out long periods of time.

CrazyPhuD
12-18-2008, 02:33 PM
One problem with this logic...without women in the workplace 'nooners' become harder.

Fish
12-18-2008, 02:33 PM
Then who would I sexually harass? I'm not pinching Joe's ass.....

Demonpenz
12-18-2008, 02:34 PM
only thing worse than woman at work is black woman at work

OnTheWarpath15
12-18-2008, 02:34 PM
Then who would I sexually harass? I'm not pinching Joe's ass.....

LMAO

Baby Lee
12-18-2008, 02:36 PM
Maybe it’s being in the IT field, I don’t know
Picturing the strain of chubby nerds a girl who chooses the IT field would gravitiate to, you may have a point.

CoMoChief
12-18-2008, 02:38 PM
Yes and No

Donger
12-18-2008, 02:40 PM
I've always wanted to work for a woman.

Bugeater
12-18-2008, 02:43 PM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/5/5_8_5.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=_undefined) This is going to go off well...

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb097&pp=ZNxdm824YYUS (http://smiley.smileycentral.com/download/index.jhtml?partner=ZSzeb097_ZNxdm824YYUS&utm_id=7925)

:spock: Did Tommykat hijack Reerun's account?

88TG88
12-18-2008, 02:43 PM
I don't like working with a bunch of dudes. I'd like to see some tits once in a while.

Otter
12-18-2008, 02:45 PM

Assuming you're being serious, why?

Baby Lee
12-18-2008, 02:47 PM
I don't like working with a bunch of dudes. I'd like to see some tits once in a while.

Join the Teamsters?

Otter
12-18-2008, 02:49 PM
Picturing the strain of chubby nerds a girl who chooses the IT field would gravitiate to, you may have a point.

There's plenty of men who fit that category as well but most tend to not try to make everyone else's life miserable in the process.

Donger
12-18-2008, 02:51 PM
Assuming you're being serious, why?

I love females.

FringeNC
12-18-2008, 03:00 PM
Women do seem to have more of a sense of entitlement than men. Something bad happens to everyone at work, and the men deal with it; the women think they have been singled out even when it's obvious they haven't, and they bitch.

Buck
12-18-2008, 03:03 PM
I voted yes, but I am assuming its only because I am a man.

I'm sure women have the same feelings about men.

Otter
12-18-2008, 03:08 PM
I voted yes, but I am assuming its only because I am a man.

I'm sure women have the same feelings about men.

My sister is a divisional VP for one of the major pharmaceuticals so she's been on all rungs of the ladder and manages a large pool of people. I asked her this same question and she finds most men immensely easier to work with than most women.

Delano
12-18-2008, 03:12 PM
My current boss is an awesome woman.

I've dealt with some real fucking stupid bitches and some real fucking stupid dudes. About the same IMO.

BWillie
12-18-2008, 03:20 PM
I've noticed most women don't take brainstorming and new ideas very well. Even if you are addressing in a positive manner I might add, a possibility of a better way of doing things, they will get pissy. In my office, I've also noticed that they more on office politics or networking rather than the results they get to get raises and promotions.

MikeMaslowski
12-18-2008, 03:24 PM
Who else would i sexually harass and stare at their tits all day?

CrazyPhuD
12-18-2008, 03:36 PM
I do my best work under a woman.

JuicesFlowing
12-18-2008, 03:44 PM
I think it depends which profession you work in. My job doesn't require constant contact with men or women so I never have to listen to anyone's bitching.

Rooster
12-18-2008, 04:01 PM
The working dynamics are night and day if a woman or women are in the work place. You have to watch what you say, watch where you look, listen to endless crap that has nothing to do with anything, the constant bitching, and the drama. The drama is the worst.

I have worked in both environments. I prefer the 'no women' environment personally. You can be yourself and not worry about being PC or the HR police coming to get you.

underEJ
12-18-2008, 06:06 PM
Women do seem to have more of a sense of entitlement than men. Something bad happens to everyone at work, and the men deal with it; the women think they have been singled out even when it's obvious they haven't, and they bitch.

I am surprised how not offended I am by most of this thread, but I can understand most everything people are expressing. The generalizations are a bit disappointing, but if I'm honest, I'd have to say, I think some women diminish my accomplishment with some of this same behavior and that pisses me off more than men calling it out.

Men don't have a sense of entitlement? HA! That's a good laugh.

I am entitled to one thing since I am 1 of 18 on my floor. The bathroom is always spotless!! 17 share the men's room, and I have my own.

bogey
12-18-2008, 06:33 PM
I am surprised how not offended I am by most of this thread, but I can understand most everything people are expressing. The generalizations are a bit disappointing, but if I'm honest, I'd have to say, I think some women diminish my accomplishment with some of this same behavior and that pisses me off more than men calling it out.

I am entitled to one thing since I am 1 of 18 on my floor. The bathroom is always spotless!! 17 share the men's room, and I have my own.

What industry are you in?

teedubya
12-18-2008, 06:50 PM
Instead... I wish we worked with Scary clowns.

MIAdragon
12-18-2008, 06:56 PM
Hmm dunno If id go as far to say better but I would say it would be much easier/less stressful environment.

*Edit* I would like to add that I DO think women should not be allowed in a combat environment. I cant tell you how distracting it is to be deployed for 4-5 months then have one walk by with perfume on, you cant think for hours.

Saulbadguy
12-18-2008, 07:14 PM
2 men can absolutely hate each other, but they can work side by side for 8 hours without a problem.

luv
12-18-2008, 07:31 PM
I know I would love it if I didn't have to be in the workforce. Unfortunately women have to make it on their own as well as men. In my workplace, it's mostly the men who feel like they can come in whenever they want, take long lunches, and leave early.

Delano
12-18-2008, 07:31 PM
I know I would love it if I didn't have to be in the workforce. Unfortunately women have to make it on their own as well as men. In my workplace, it's mostly the men who feel like they can come in whenever they want, take long lunches, and leave early.

Ahhh, the perks of having a penis.

CHENZ A!
12-18-2008, 07:42 PM
I would never fuck any of my co-workers. That would erase a lot of problems right there.

Buck
12-18-2008, 07:44 PM
I would never **** any of my co-workers. That would erase a lot of problems right there.

Where were you when I needed that advice in Mid-September?

luv
12-18-2008, 07:46 PM
So, who wants to pay my bills?

underEJ
12-18-2008, 08:06 PM
What industry are you in?

Film Industry. CG.

CHENZ A!
12-18-2008, 08:10 PM
Where were you when I needed that advice in Mid-September?

My bad man, but it wouldn't have mattered anyway. It's too difficult to resist.

Mr. Laz
12-18-2008, 08:14 PM
Would the World be a Better Place without clothing on Women in the Workforce?

FYP

Otter
12-18-2008, 08:44 PM
I am surprised how not offended I am by most of this thread, but I can understand most everything people are expressing.

The generalizations are a bit disappointing, but if I'm honest, I'd have to say, I think some women diminish my accomplishment with some of this same behavior and that pisses me off more than men calling it out.

The insults were unnecessary but unfortunately the generalizations seem to be true. I'm basing this on 10 years of experience not a bad day at the office.

I've met maybe a handful of men who are vindictive for the sake of being vindictive and difficult to make other peoples work life miserable because they are miserable in some aspect of life. While with women it's something you have to screen against as commonly as someone who takes too long of a smoke break.

Then these women have the audacity to wonder why they're isolated in every possible manner and why people stop talking when they enter the room.

Men overall are easier to deal with in work environment. They are better at not bringing their problems to work and not taking them out on other people. They are better at minding their own business and doing their job and they don't get offended if God forbid someone uses the word "tits" or "bitch".

I know if I heard the word "cock" I wouldn't be able to sleep for weeks. Or if I had a fight with my girlfriend or was having a bad day I would most certainly do everything possible to make everyone else s day as miserable as possible and look for reasons to stir shit because I'm unhappy.

Get a hold of your emotions or don't expect to be taken seriously or expect people to WANT you on their team.

Again, general statements. You may be the coolest chick in the world to work with on a daily basis for all I know about you.

luv
12-18-2008, 08:50 PM
The insults were unnecessary but unfortunately the generalizations seem to be true. I'm basing this on 10 years of experience not a bad day at the office.

I've met maybe a handful of men who are vindictive for the sake of being vindictive and difficult to make other peoples work life miserable because they are miserable in some aspect of life.

Then these women have the audacity to wonder why they're isolated in every possible manner and why people stop talking when they enter the room.

Men overall are easier to deal with in work environment. They are better at not bringing their problems to work and not taking them out on other people. They are better at minding their own business and doing their job and they don't get offended if God forbid someone uses the word "tits" or "bitch".

I know if I heard the word "cock" I wouldn't be able to sleep for weeks. Or if I had a fight with my girlfriend or was having a bad day I would most certainly do everything possible to make everyone else s day as miserable as possible and look for reasons to stir shit because I'm unhappy.

Get a hold of your emotions or don't expect to be taken seriously or expect people to WANT you on their team.

Again, general statements. You may be the coolest chick in the world to work with on a daily basis for all I know about you.

Someone turn you in for something?

Otter
12-18-2008, 09:03 PM
Someone turn you in for something?

Nope, one of my programmers.

BWillie
12-18-2008, 09:06 PM

I don't understand you women. Back in the 50's you had it easy. You got to sit at home, be a homemaker and make dinner. Take the kids to school. You didn't really have to do any real, actual, work. Could lay by the pool all day. Watch your favorite soaps. Go shopping. F*ck the pool boy, and get everything paid for just by sitting on ur dudes penis at night. And somehow your kind managed to f*ck it all up. Wanted equal rights, earn their own way. Man, what I wouldn't give to be a stay at home dad. I'm starting to look for a less than fortunate woman that is really rich, and just marry her. I'll just tell her I lost my genitals in a fire.

luv
12-18-2008, 09:30 PM
I don't understand you women. Back in the 50's you had it easy. You got to sit at home, be a homemaker and make dinner. Take the kids to school. You didn't really have to do any real, actual, work. Could lay by the pool all day. Watch your favorite soaps. Go shopping. F*ck the pool boy, and get everything paid for just by sitting on ur dudes penis at night. And somehow your kind managed to f*ck it all up. Wanted equal rights, earn their own way. Man, what I wouldn't give to be a stay at home dad. I'm starting to look for a less than fortunate woman that is really rich, and just marry her. I'll just tell her I lost my genitals in a fire.

Yeah, because children raise themselves, food cooks itself, and the house cleans itself. Whatever, dude.

Working and taking care of your woman used to be a sign that you were a man. Not surprising that you wouldn't want to do that.

BWillie
12-18-2008, 09:38 PM
Yeah, because children raise themselves, food cooks itself, and the house cleans itself. Whatever, dude.

Working and taking care of your woman used to be a sign that you were a man. Not surprising that you wouldn't want to do that.

I'm a man who discovered the wheel and built the Eiffel Tower out of metal and brawn. That's what kind of man I am. You're just a woman with a small brain. With a brain a third the size of us. It's science.

Skip Towne
12-18-2008, 09:46 PM
I'm a man who discovered the wheel and built the Eiffel Tower out of metal and brawn. That's what kind of man I am. You're just a woman with a small brain. With a brain a third the size of us. It's science.

Women have small brains and small feet. The small feet allow them to stand closer to the sink.

luv
12-18-2008, 09:46 PM

Okay.

ohiobronco2
12-18-2008, 09:53 PM
It's funny how progress continually gets in the way of progress. I've discussed this same topic with my father several times. I don't know why, but I've always felt that in many ways things were much simplier when my father was growing up. This is just another example of that. Women desperately wanted equal employment opportunities and now they have become slaves to their 9-5 (8-5) jobs just like the rest of us. By entering the workforce, not only have they created drama (I am the one of two guys in the department of 30 women) and male cencorship (HR), but have helped set our children back. Sure, you can blame television and video games for ruining America's young minds, but not having a parent be available to assist young people with their homework and extra curricular activities is also detrimental to their development.

Parenting isn't only the responsibility of women, but the point I'm trying to make is that when you come home from a hard day of work, the last thing you want to do is assist your child with his/her homework. You want to pick half eaten cheetos off of your chest and drink beer. However, when you stayed home for a large part of the day, not totally relaxing, but working at a pace that you see fit, you have more energy to assist in those situations. And don't even get me started on how this has affected a man's inability to receive a decent salary. You would think that by having another income in the household that people would be able to get ahead, so why is it essential today to have two incomes, when it wasn't years ago. HMMMMM.

Skip Towne
12-18-2008, 10:02 PM
It's funny how progress continually gets in the way of progress. I've discussed this same topic with my father several times. I don't know why, but I've always felt that in many ways things were much simplier when my father was growing up. This is just another example of that. Women desperately wanted equal employment opportunities and now they have become slaves to their 9-5 (8-5) jobs just like the rest of us. By entering the workforce, not only have they created drama (I am the one of two guys in the department of 30 women) and male cencorship (HR), but have helped set our children back. Sure, you can blame television and video games for ruining America's young minds, but not having a parent be available to assist young people with their homework and extra curricular activities is also detrimental to their development.

Parenting isn't only the responsibility of women, but the point I'm trying to make is that when you come home from a hard day of work, the last thing you want to do is assist your child with his/her homework. You want to pick half eaten cheetos off of your chest and drink beer. However, when you stayed home for a large part of the day, not totally relaxing, but working at a pace that you see fit, you have more energy to assist in those situations. And don't even get me started on how this has affected a man's inability to receive a decent salary. You would think that by having another income in the household that people would be able to get ahead, so why is it essential today to have two incomes, when it wasn't years ago. HMMMMM.

When I was growing up my mother didn't work and neither did my friend's moms. The few women who did work were nurses, teachers or telephone operators. So when women started competing for jobs we effectively doubled the size of the workforce without a corresponding increase in jobs. That drives wages down every time.

luv
12-18-2008, 10:04 PM

Why does it take two incomes? Maybe because there are tv's in every room of the average house, where households used to have one tv. Household computers, plus laptops for the kids. Cell phones for the entire family. The list goes on. Men complain when they have to take the friggen trash out. Try cleaning an entire house, doing laundry, making sure your dinner is on the table when you get home, etc. I have more respect for the "simple" housewives than I do for today's women. As a result, men are more bitter and resentful of women as a whole.

And you guys know that harrassment isn't just sexual, and it goes both ways, right?

ohiobronco2
12-18-2008, 10:06 PM
When I was growing up my mother didn't work and neither did my friend's moms. The few women who did work were nurses, teachers or telephone operators. So when women started competing for jobs we effectively doubled the size of the workforce without a corresponding increase in jobs. That drives wages down every time.

Exactly, but hey, they can now be a slave to the man like the rest of us. What really makes me laugh is women who state, "Chivalry is dead" and my responce is, "Yes and women killed it." What incentive is there to treat a woman like a "lady", when she wants to be like a man. You can't have your cake and eat it too. Okay. Rant over.

luv
12-18-2008, 10:13 PM
Exactly, but hey, they can now be a slave to the man like the rest of us. What really makes me laugh is women who state, "Chivalry is dead" and my responce is, "Yes and women killed it." What incentive is there to treat a woman like a "lady", when she wants to be like a man. You can't have your cake and eat it too. Okay. Rant over.

Chivalry is respect. There are people, men and women, who don't even hold the door open for people anymore.

I think that women didn't feel respected due to being looked down on as being "just housewives". Why do you think we entered the workforce?

Bugeater
12-18-2008, 10:13 PM
Luv, don't even try to say that the rigors of being a housewife rival those of having an actual job. No lazy coworkers to carry, no overbearing bosses to deal with, no office politics, no impossible deadlines blah blah blah

Not. Even. Close.

luv
12-18-2008, 10:15 PM
Luv, don't even try to say that the rigors of being a housewife rival those of having an actual job. No lazy coworkers to carry, no overbearing bosses to deal with, no office politics, no impossible deadlines blah blah blah

Not. Even. Close.

I wouldn't know. I've never been a housewife. I just know that housework seems hard whenever you have to work full time, too. No one to help. Why do you think I downsized? :p

Bugeater
12-18-2008, 10:16 PM
Oh, and reason we can afford to have TVs in every room these days is because, when adjusting for inflation, we can buy 10 of them for what one cost back in the 50s.

Stinger
12-18-2008, 10:17 PM
Would the World be a Better Place without clothing on Women in the Workforce?

FYP

This ,much like applying for a job, must be accompanied by an application. Not everyone is qualified for that.

Bugeater
12-18-2008, 10:21 PM
I wouldn't know. I've never been a housewife. I just know that housework seems hard whenever you have to work full time, too. No one to help. Why do you think I downsized? :p
LOL, you think you have it bad, imagine what it's like to try to keep a 3 BR house with a kid living in it clean when you're working full time. It's not even possible.

ohiobronco2
12-18-2008, 10:24 PM
Why does it take two incomes? Maybe because there are tv's in every room of the average house, where households used to have one tv. Household computers, plus laptops for the kids. Cell phones for the entire family. The list goes on. Men complain when they have to take the friggen trash out. Try cleaning an entire house, doing laundry, making sure your dinner is on the table when you get home, etc. I have more respect for the "simple" housewives than I do for today's women. As a result, men are more bitter and resentful of women as a whole.

And you guys know that harrassment isn't just sexual, and it goes both ways, right?

And why is this necessary? Because women entered the workforce. This additional income is (as you stated) putting TV's in every room, buying extra computers, and providing barely teenage kids with cell phones. Technology has not only advanced rapidly because of brilliant minds, but also because a market exists for it, that didn't years ago. Sure, you can contribute a lot of this too peoples stupidity. For some reason, people not only have to have the latest and greatest, but have to do so in abundance. Also, I'd like to add that by having so much technology, you really don't even have to raise your kids anymore. Yeah, just let them eat dinner alone in their bedrooms, while watching a tv that was purchased with this additional income and then they can play games for hours which came from the same fund. I'm not saying that it needs to be women who need to be the one's to stay home, that is for individual families to decide, but I think times were better for all when one parent stayed home. Of course it's too late now, we pretty much can't go back.

Oh and BTW......My house is always spotless....Not because of my wifes cleaning, but because I'm obsessive compulsive and I can't let things be messy.

luv
12-18-2008, 10:27 PM
LOL, you think you have it bad, imagine what it's like to try to keep a 3 BR house with a kid living in it clean when you're working full time. It's not even possible.

And if your wife didn't work?

ohiobronco2
12-18-2008, 10:28 PM
Chivalry is respect. There are people, men and women, who don't even hold the door open for people anymore.

I think that women didn't feel respected due to being looked down on as being "just housewives". Why do you think we entered the workforce?

Yeah. I understand what you are saying. People really don't respect each other anymore. And women shouldn't feel disrespected for being referred to as housewives, It is an admirable occupation.

luv
12-18-2008, 10:29 PM
And why is this necessary? Because women entered the workforce. This additional income is (as you stated) putting TV's in every room, buying extra computers, and providing barely teenage kids with cell phones. Technology has not only advanced rapidly because of brilliant minds, but also because a market exists for it, that didn't years ago. Sure, you can contribute a lot of this too peoples stupidity. For some reason, people not only have to have the latest and greatest, but have to do so in abundance. Also, I'd like to add that by having so much technology, you really don't even have to raise your kids anymore. Yeah, just let them eat dinner alone in their bedrooms, while watching a tv that was purchased with this additional income and then they can play games for hours which came from the same fund. I'm not saying that it needs to be women who need to be the one's to stay home, that is for individual families to decide, but I think times were better for all when one parent stayed home. Of course it's too late now, we pretty much can't go back.

Oh and BTW......My house is always spotless....Not because of my wifes cleaning, but because I'm obsessive compulsive and I can't let things be messy.

You're right those things are probably a result of women working, and not a cause.

Bugeater
12-18-2008, 10:39 PM
And if your wife didn't work?
Well that would be a different story, she would have time do it. But the point is moot because she sucks at cleaning.

OnTheWarpath15
12-18-2008, 10:52 PM

LMAO

It is a fucking shame that this reference was overlooked.

Fritz88
12-18-2008, 10:59 PM
They are friggin difficult to work with. You can never understand them and that's why they created this (http://pmsbuddy.com/)

I wish you had an option for "Most of them". I would have voted Yes but some of them are still useful (shit that sounded freaking sexist).

Fritz88
12-18-2008, 11:01 PM
They are good for cuddling though.

Fritz88
12-18-2008, 11:02 PM
2 men can absolutely hate each other, but they can work side by side for 8 hours without a problem.

Okay I saw this after I posted my reply.

I agree.

BWillie
12-18-2008, 11:03 PM

I respect women and men equally. I hold doors for everybody, and I'm nice to people I don't know and do know. What gets me is when women think they are entitled to things. It seems like half of women out there have accepted their new role in society as wage earners, but the other half still expect to be pampered, gifts showered their ways, and for the guy to pay for EVERYTHING even though the man and given woman make almost the exact amount of money. Paying for everything for a woman is a outdated social norm. Back in the day, when most women didn't have jobs, I can completely understand it. When I chick gets all pissy cuz I won't buy them a drink, it really pisses me off. My girlfriend I have now, I pay one time, she pays the next time, and it ain't no thing. I don't understand what the big deal of it is. Most women who claim men are not chivalrous are just mad because guys don't worship them or pay for all of their shit.

Skip Towne
12-18-2008, 11:19 PM
I want women in the workplace. As long as they are under my desk.

DeezNutz
12-18-2008, 11:22 PM

Hillary is going to read this dude. You should really stop.

12-19-2008, 01:19 AM
:popcorn:

This has HOC potential.You have been using that icon a ton lately.

J Diddy
12-19-2008, 01:22 AM

like your 90 year old ass could get it up

kindra68
12-19-2008, 08:31 AM
I work for a commercial roofing and sheet metal company. I have no problem with women in the work place.

Donger
12-19-2008, 08:43 AM
My wife is a "stay at home Mom." I think that's the way it's said now. She also home-schools our kids.

She has the harder job. By far.

DaKCMan AP
12-19-2008, 08:46 AM
Hell no. A workplace without females would be boring. In my industry there needs to be more women.

Reerun_KC
12-19-2008, 08:48 AM
like your 90 year old ass could get it up

Say Hello to Skips little Friend! LMAO

http://www.buyfdacialis.com/ScreenHunter_01%20Sep.%2006%2013.57.gif

Rausch
12-19-2008, 08:55 AM
I've worked with both (but mostly men) and say it depends on the situation.

There is a huge difference in behavior that should be noted.

The situation - Rausch is having a bad day:

A) Women: "Oh, it looks like Rausch is having a bad day. *women huddle up*
Whomever gets along with him best ask him to go to lunch and find out what's wrong, everyone else avoid him."

B) Men: "Hey, ****tard, that's twice you've (fill in failure at work depending on your field) this morning. You need me to grab you a helmet and some books with colorful pictures or do you plan on working today?"

Situation A would seem more preferable on first glance but B is more honest and to the point. Group A will feed you and allow you time to cool down but group B will yell while perhaps saving your job.

Group A has boobs.

Odds are group B does as well, only they make you sick a little in your mouth.

Rooster
12-19-2008, 09:27 AM
Group A has boobs.

ROFLROFL

vailpass
12-19-2008, 09:43 AM
I could never have a male admin. asst.

vailpass
12-19-2008, 09:45 AM

Not. Even. Close.

Try it. Try staying home all day every day raising 3 children and running a household.
You would be begging to escape back to your office within a few weeks.

Bugeater
12-19-2008, 09:49 AM
Try it. Try staying home all day every day raising 3 children and running a household.

I only have one kid, and he's in school all day.

DJ's left nut
12-19-2008, 10:07 AM
Originally my staff was all guys, I just communicated far better with them. I've gotten out of that habit and am at about 50/50 now. It took some effort on my part to be a more dynamic communicator, but it needed to be done. As far as staff goes, I find women to be more detail oriented and are able to stay focused better. My last two department leaders have been female and I have always had absolute trust in both of them to get the job done.

As far as colleagues go, on the other hand, I find them much more difficult to work with for many of the reasons already stated. Chief among them being that women have a tendency to feel persecuted in the face of constructive criticism or even mere spitballing.

So I guess my answer is no, as women are stronger than men in some areas...but !@#$ do they annoy the hell out of me sometimes.

Sully
12-19-2008, 10:11 AM
Depends on the workplace.
I'd assume if you work in porn, it would, most decidedly, NOT be a better workplace...unless you were homosexual.

Rooster
12-19-2008, 10:31 AM
I'd assume if you work in porn, it would, most decidedly, NOT be a better workplace...unless you were homosexual.

That's a very good point. :D

Demonpenz
12-19-2008, 10:46 AM

with all guys the workers would def be "harder"

NewChief
12-19-2008, 10:49 AM

No kidding. As a teacher, I get quite a few opportunities to stay at home with the kids for extended periods of time. I can tell you that, every year, I'm glad when school starts back up. I love my kids, but there's only so much I can take of being Mr. Mom.

Amnorix
12-19-2008, 11:06 AM

QFT.

Amnorix
12-19-2008, 11:10 AM
I can honestly say that I haven't worked with too many nasty women. The men tend to be more difficult to deal with, I find. The old-school female lawyers who had to burst through the glass ceiling were tough old birds, I've heard, but I'm too young to have dealt with many of those types.

In my own particular workplace, it's so commonly male-attorneys, female-supprot staff, that it's hard to imagine anything different. And besides, some of my secretaries have been smokin'. :D

Bottom line, I don't have a problem working with either group. I tend to stay out of office politics, however, and that may result in my missing some bitchfest type stuff.

Amnorix
12-19-2008, 11:11 AM
I only have one kid, and he's in school all day.

That helps explain it then. The degree of difficulty gets exponentially harder with each kid.

Bugeater
12-19-2008, 11:28 AM
That helps explain it then. The degree of difficulty gets exponentially harder with each kid.

Oh, I can only imagine, I'm glad we stopped with one. And when you're talking about staying home with multiple infants/toddlers, yeah, I wouldn't do that for any amount of money, but once they start school it's a different story. Over the course of a lifetime I still wouldn't equate it to a career.

luv
12-19-2008, 11:33 AM
Oh, I can only imagine, I'm glad we stopped with one. And when you're talking about staying home with multiple infants/toddlers, yeah, I wouldn't do that for any amount of money, but once they start school it's a different story. Over the course of a lifetime I still wouldn't equate it to a career.

That's when they become telephone operators, nurses, or teachers.

NewChief
12-19-2008, 11:35 AM

My wife works full time from home in an extremely demanding job and watches our boys in the afternoons (they do a half day of preschool). She also has to run one of our kids to countless therapy sessions throughout the week. Needless to say, she'll be very happy once they get into public schools.

***SPRAYER
12-19-2008, 11:38 AM
So, do you find women overall more difficult to work with then men?

No doubt. Especially if they are in a position of authority. Cunts, all of them.

Bugeater
12-19-2008, 11:43 AM
That's when they become telephone operators, nurses, or teachers.

Perhaps, but not all of them do that. Hell I've worked in people's homes where the wife doesn't work, the kids are all in school, and they still hire someone to clean their home. When you get into the upper income levels, a housewife's job is to fuck her husband, and little else.

Iowanian
12-19-2008, 11:44 AM
There is a definite difference working with men and women.

I've both managed and been managed by men and women. Outside of ignoring the drama, and having to be a little more careful I can't say that it would have been better.

Working with Guys is easier, I think more actual work gets done because there is less gossip, drama, appointments etc....and guys don't bicker as much in the work place.

There are advantages to working with women as well. They bring food...snacks, treats, cakes, holiday food.... I have been fortunate that I've really liked most of the women I've worked with, but most of them have been older than I am and liked working with me. Live far from family and get your knee worked on? Who shows up with soup and baskets of food and checks on you? its not the boys....

Now, many of my customers and decision makers I deal with are women. I have to approach them a little more cautiously with how I say things, but find the majority of them to be very competent. Once they decide they "like" you...its smooth sailing.

I have no problem with women in the work place. In my field, some of the more competent people I know are women and are absolutely considered and treated as equals.

The one area I see definite bias.....sales.

Get an intelligent, hot chic to rep your company, and you're going to have a leg up for certain. (two if she's easy I suppose).

NewChief
12-19-2008, 11:45 AM
Perhaps, but not all of them do that. Hell I've worked in people's homes where the wife doesn't work, the kids are all in school, and they still hire someone to clean their home. When you get into the upper income levels, a housewife's job is to **** her husband, and little else.

I know some of those. They don't work all day, kids are in school, have a house cleaner, and the dude gets home from work and has to nuke his dinner out of the freezer.

Mr. Plow
12-19-2008, 11:46 AM

Beautiful Anchorman reference. :clap:

luv
12-19-2008, 11:49 AM
No doubt. Especially if they are in a position of authority. ****s, all of them.

I managed a road crew. My guys loved me. I disciplined them when needed, but I also tried to make things as easy for them as I could. My boss would tell me a way of doing something. If I knew my guys wouldn't like it, or it would be harder on them, I would disuss other options with my boss.

Mr. Plow
12-19-2008, 12:18 PM

I love my kids. I really do. I would do anything for them and give my life to save theirs. Now, with that said:

I have a 10 year old, 3 year old boy, 2 year old boy, & 1 year old girl. My wife & I both work full time jobs. The 10 year old is obviously in school, but the two little boys & my daughter go to daycare 5 days a week.

The only valuable experience that I can offer to someone else is to never - sorry - NEVER have kids like we did (2005, 2006, 2007). It was fun when the 3 year old learned to walk......but then the 2 year old picked up on it fairly quickly after watching his older brother do it. Then, my daughter walked pretty early.

Then, they all started talking. Cute at first, but - as a man - when you are being hounded by the 10 year old to play video games, have 3 other kids constantly asking question after question after question AFTER FREAKIN' QUESTION, and then the wife doing what women do....nag.....it's a lot.

Now, our house is like a bad rendition of "Three Men & a Baby" though the title of our movie is "Please stop doing that" or "No....what part of No don't you understand."

Every night, one of the three wakes up for one thing or another. I haven't had a solid nights sleep in nearly 4 years. I've been to the doctors office more in the last 3 weeks than I personally had to go in 10 years. I'm not even sure where I'm going with this. I'm off subject....maybe I'm tired.

Long story short....I love my kids, but there is no way I would last a week staying home with all three of them. I would pull what is left of my hair out. There is no way humanly possible to keep our house clean enough. I pick up the army men.....oh look, they just dumped the 10,000 piece Lego set on the ground.

I'm tired.

Mr. Plow
12-19-2008, 12:19 PM
Oh ya.....I also thought as the 10 year old got older, it would get easier with him. It did to an extent....but as it got easier, he got more expensive.

Rooster
12-19-2008, 12:19 PM
I managed a road crew. My guys loved me. I disciplined them when needed

That sounds a little kinky luv. :whip:

Otter
12-20-2008, 08:23 AM
I've worked with both (but mostly men) and say it depends on the situation.

There is a huge difference in behavior that should be noted.

The situation - Rausch is having a bad day:

A) Women: "Oh, it looks like Rausch is having a bad day. *women huddle up*
Whomever gets along with him best ask him to go to lunch and find out what's wrong, everyone else avoid him."

B) Men: "Hey, ****tard, that's twice you've (fill in failure at work depending on your field) this morning. You need me to grab you a helmet and some books with colorful pictures or do you plan on working today?"

Situation A would seem more preferable on first glance but B is more honest and to the point. Group A will feed you and allow you time to cool down but group B will yell while perhaps saving your job.

Group A has boobs.

Good Lord Brad! You're becoming a metro-sexual-quasi homo.

What happened to the Angry Drunken German I met in KC? Do me a favor and check below for testicles, we may have a donor pair for you.

What happened to this guy? Or do we need to go out to brunch and discuss our feeling and cry on Big Bob's Tits?

*there was supposed to be a Fight Club pic in there*

poopchutecowboy
12-20-2008, 08:44 AM

dont you mean youve always wanted to work UNDER a woman?

Hootie
12-20-2008, 08:55 AM
I tell you what...in the restaurant industry...most people think 'waitress' when they think 'server'...but dudes are SO MUCH BETTER at waiting tables than women it's sickening.

The 5 years I worked as a waiter, I think there were about 3 women I worked with that were any good at their job...the rest were easily flustered, incredibly moody, and just plain bad at their job.

Rausch
12-22-2008, 10:14 AM
Good Lord Brad! You're becoming a metro-sexual-quasi homo.

What happened to the Angry Drunken German I met in KC? Do me a favor and check below for testicles, we may have a donor pair for you.

What happened to this guy? Or do we need to go out to brunch and discuss our feeling and cry on Big Bob's Tits?

*there was supposed to be a Fight Club pic in there*

For future reference...

http://a47.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/3/l_85b2f07e4a40391302d00a2dfbcb594e.jpg

Braincase
12-22-2008, 10:16 AM
The highest-maintenance people I work with are guys. The woman all get along and make my life pretty creamy. Biggest problem I have are the guys that won't give anybody any slack and act like freakin' prima donnas.