PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Since we are ready to throw out Thiggy why not go grab Cassel

Red Dawg
12-18-2008, 09:26 PM
in FA? No way they tag him for 8 mil. We've got the cash, he's young, got the size, the arm and has a full year under his belt. That's better to build around at this point than a junior class qb with no experience. Granted our team is less talented than the Pats but he will only get better and would probably jump at the chance to call a team his own.

I like Thiggy but he doesn't have the size and strength of a Manning type player. We could probably get a good pick for him and keep Gray as a back up.

RhodyPatsFan
12-18-2008, 09:28 PM
Should be interesting to see what the Pats do with him. I bet the QB tag will be closer to 12-13 mil.

Mecca
No..just No, Cassell is a product of playing with 2 of the best WR's in the league and a great system.

Reerun_KC
What makes you think he is a better prospect than a JR with no experience? Just because he played one year?

Mecca
12-18-2008, 09:29 PM
Should be interesting to see what the Pats do with him. I bet the QB tag will be closer to 12=13 mil.

They'll let him walk and take their 3rd round comp pick they'll get after some dumbass team gives him alot of money.

KCFalcon59
Let Detroit grab him. Please.

Smed1065
No..just No, Cassell is a product of playing with 2 of the best WR's in the league and a great system.

We agree?

I will go kill myself now.

:evil:

ChiefsCountry
12-18-2008, 09:30 PM
Let Detroit over pay for him.

Mr. Arrowhead
12-18-2008, 09:32 PM
Honestly if its between him and Thiggy, then i much rather keep Thiggy. He would be alot cheaper and less risk

Deberg_1990
12-18-2008, 09:33 PM
They'll let him walk and take their 3rd round comp pick they'll get after some dumbass team gives him alot of money.

This

New England has a great system in place and they NEVER overpay for players.

They drafted Kevin O'Connell in the middle rounds this past year. Some people thought highly of him last year.

sedated
12-18-2008, 09:33 PM
Derek Anderson Jr?

OnTheWarpath15
12-18-2008, 09:34 PM

They are running the same system we are.

Shotgun 75+% of the time.

Pitt Gorilla
12-18-2008, 09:38 PM
Get Chase Patton instead.

el borracho
12-18-2008, 09:40 PM
IMO, Thigpen has earned the right to start next season. That wouldn't preclude me from drafting a QBOTF if the opportunity is there, but I'm good with Thigpen playing while the QBOTF sits and learns. Who knows? maybe Thigpen is more than we think. :shrug:

probably not but he's earned a shot.

philfree
12-18-2008, 09:41 PM
Who's throwing out Thigpen? Even if we draft Stafford or Bradford or any QB anywhere in this draft I'd keep #4. He'd be my starter going into camp and hopefully into the season. Why should we burn bridges and why should we put all our eggs in one basket?

PhilFree:arrow:

sedated
12-18-2008, 09:43 PM
Thigpen has showed potential, and has lifted the offense, but hasnt proven to be a complete "great" QB yet.

As Mitch said, you could win 7 or 8 games in 2009 with TT, but can you win 12, 13, 14 games and a SB in 2010 or 2011 with him?

Mecca
12-18-2008, 09:44 PM

Well when you have the most gifted WR of all time and the best slot WR in the game, it makes it an easy system to run.

I think they could run just about any offensive system and be fine other than power run playaction cause their RBs suck.

Mecca
12-18-2008, 09:44 PM
Thigpen has showed potential, and has lifted the offense, but hasnt proven to be a complete "great" QB yet.

As Mitch said, you could win 7 or 8 games in 2009 with TT, but can you win 12, 13, 14 games and a SB in 2010 or 2011 with him?

For the record have you seen the schedule next year if they won 7 games it would be a miracle.

sedated
12-18-2008, 09:47 PM
For the record have you seen the schedule next year if they won 7 games it would be a miracle.

everyone makes assumptions on strength of schedule based on the previous year, but it never turns out that way. the NFL is so up and down.

Who thought Miami would be a playoff team coming into this year?

Go back and look at the predictions for KC's 2008 record at the end of last year.
Raiders - 2 wins
Falcons - win
Jets - win
Titans - win (hahaha)
Saints - win
Bills - win

jspchief
12-18-2008, 09:51 PM
They'll tag him. $8-10 mil with no strings is a cheap insurance policy for Brady, who won't be ready at season's start.

Mecca
12-18-2008, 09:52 PM
everyone makes assumptions on strength of schedule based on the previous year, but it never turns out that way. the NFL is so up and down.

Who thought Miami would be a playoff team coming into this year?

Go back and look at the predictions for KC's 2008 record at the end of last year.
Raiders 2 wins
Falcons - win
Jets - win
Titans - win (hahaha)
Saints - win
Bills - win

It involves the NFC East and AFC North...

sedated
12-18-2008, 09:55 PM
It involves the NFC East and AFC North...

I've learned, when it comes to the National Football League, I never count my eggs before they crumble.

Cormac
12-18-2008, 09:56 PM
I'm not convinced TT is a real QBOTF but he has earned the right to stay on. I see no reason to kick him to the curb and bring in another prospect like Cassell. At least we know what TT is capable of. Cassel is a huge ? already, let alone if he is removed from NE.

Besides, this is all a moot point. It will all change 180 degrees if we get a new coaching staff.

ohiobronco2
12-18-2008, 09:56 PM

This. Give people some more time to look at film and pickup on his tendencies. Can anybody say Derek Anderson?

Reerun_KC
12-18-2008, 10:00 PM
This. Give people some more time to look at film and pickup on his tendencies. Can anybody say Derek Anderson?

Anyone remember the one year wonder whom was Scott Mitchell.. I am sure Detriot fans do...

No need to sign the one year wonder because we are scared shitless to draft and develop a QB...

RippedmyFlesh
12-18-2008, 10:01 PM
If I were Cassell I would go to minnesota unless detroit offered sick money.

sedated
12-18-2008, 10:03 PM
Can anybody say Derek Anderson?

I can.

And did.

On page 1.

DJ's left nut
12-18-2008, 10:14 PM
Cassel has all of Thigpens warts with none of his mobility.

Cassel is inaccurate on intermediate routes.

Cassel can't throw a deep ball to save his life (can't even throw a deep out well, Thigpen can at least pull that off).

Cassel is a system QB who hasn't ever played under center.

Each and every single knock on Tyler Thigpen can be said about Cassel.

petegz28
12-18-2008, 10:24 PM
Who's throwing out Thigpen? Even if we draft Stafford or Bradford or any QB anywhere in this draft I'd keep #4. He'd be my starter going into camp and hopefully into the season. Why should we burn bridges and why should we put all our eggs in one basket?

Cause Thigy is not "their guy", of course.

ohiobronco2
12-18-2008, 10:31 PM
I can.

And did.

On page 1.

ROFL

Sorry, I'm a little slow.

KcFanInGA
12-18-2008, 10:54 PM
Thigpen has shown us potential. I wouldnt gamble that away. herm might, but maybe he wont be here in 09.

Mecca
12-18-2008, 10:57 PM
Thigpen has shown us potential. I wouldnt gamble that away. herm might, but maybe he wont be here in 09.

If Herm isn't here Thigpen is fucked, no other coach is gonna let them run the pistol or the "spread".

Hammock Parties
12-18-2008, 11:07 PM
Cassell is Derek Anderson 2.0. In all honesty I'd rather have Thigpen.

petegz28
12-18-2008, 11:09 PM
If Herm isn't here Thigpen is ****ed, no other coach is gonna let them run the pistol or the "spread".

Who is to say he will be here and we won't run the spread? I think I tongue twisted that, but you know what I mean.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-18-2008, 11:12 PM
Derek Anderson Jr?

Cassel will never have the success that Anderson has.

PastorMikH
12-18-2008, 11:20 PM
Thigpen is doing great for the level of competition he had in college, the experience had coming into this season, and the group of players he shares the field with.

He has accounted for 18 TDs this season - last season we had 24 offensive TDs as a team - and he hasn't played the full season. Since the bye week, his QB rating is 86.3 - that's within 1 point of McNabb, Favre, Cassel, and Eli Manning, not to mention that he's put up more rushing yards than any of those 4 playing less games.

I'd like to see Thigpen get some more experience under his belt and also see how many wins this team could generate with Brady back, Bowe learning to catch, a RB that can run AND block, and a D that can actually force the other team to punt once in a while.

We've been talking about how we want a "Franchise QB" since Green got his bell rung. Tyler is stepping up and playing decently and actually showing potential to be a solid QB and we want someone else.

I'm not opposed to drafting, but no way does Thiggy get a fair chance to compete against a QB taken in the top 5 of a draft. I fear we're going to toss another Gannon aside looking for a stud that turns out to be a dud.

Mecca
12-18-2008, 11:33 PM
I'd like to see Tyler Thigpen display proper footwork and be able to play from under the center.

Beerfund
12-18-2008, 11:42 PM
Derek Anderson Jr?

don't be bitter Sedated

PastorMikH
12-18-2008, 11:45 PM
I'd like to see Tyler Thigpen display proper footwork and be able to play from under the center.

Most of our players could use some coaching on their footwork, problem is I don't think we have the coaches that can help them.

petegz28
12-18-2008, 11:47 PM

He has played all of 10 games. Cut him some slack. And look who his QB coach is.

And you cannot argue that the spread has not helped our O overall. Is it the O of the future? Probably not. But it got us through the rest of the season without having to punt 100 times a game if anything.

Mecca
12-18-2008, 11:48 PM
He has played all of 10 games. Cut him some slack. And look who his QB coach is.

And you cannot argue that the spread has not helped our O overall. Is it the O of the future? Probably not. But it got us through the rest of the season without having to punt 100 times a game if anything.

I expect an NFL QB to be able to do those things, the guy I watch play for my college team does it.

petegz28
12-18-2008, 11:49 PM
I expect an NFL QB to be able to do those things, the guy I watch play for my college team does it.

Yeah, at the college level.

Mecca
12-18-2008, 11:51 PM
Yeah, at the college level.

Who do you think plays better from under center Tyler Thigpen or Mark Sanchez....hell Sanchez has good footwork.

It's pretty bad when USC has a more pro style offense than the Chiefs do.

sedated
12-18-2008, 11:51 PM
I'm sure it means nothing, but a psychic (Monty on 96.5, who also predicted the NYG to win the SB last year, and the Phillies to win the WS) predicted that TT would have a good NFL career, but not with the KC Chiefs.

Not saying I believe, just saying.

petegz28
12-18-2008, 11:53 PM
Who do you think plays better from under center Tyler Thigpen or Mark Sanchez....hell Sanchez has good footwork.

I won't argue the overall offensive point. But what makes you think our line could block with him under center when they couldn't for the other 2?

Mecca
I'm sure it means nothing, but a psychic (Monty on 96.5, who also predicted the NYG to win the SB last year, and the Phillies to win the WS) predicted that TT would have a good NFL career, but not with the KC Chiefs.

Not saying I believe, just saying.

Good is fine good is like Jeff Garcia, and you don't win championships with that....

sedated
don't be bitter Sedated

okay, so he fukt my fantasy team. but I wasn't crazy about him in the first place, was supposed to be a value pick.

Mecca
12-18-2008, 11:54 PM
I won't argue the overall offensive point. But what makes you think our line could block with him under center when they couldn't for the other 2?

Would you draft Sanchez given the chance?

sedated
12-18-2008, 11:56 PM

and I'm sure its easier playing ANY offense in the pac-10 than it is in the AFC West

Wilson8
12-18-2008, 11:57 PM
The non-exclusive franchise number for quarterbacks in 2008 was $10.7 million. Patriots would have to commit a lot of money to QB to keep him. They still might do it if they thought Brady was not ready to come back in 2009.

Mecca
12-18-2008, 11:58 PM
and I'm sure its easier playing ANY offense in the pac-10 than it is in the AFC West

It's still the point of what's going on here and why we have some serious issues. Mark Sanchez is more developed as a QB than the guy we're starting.

petegz28
12-19-2008, 12:00 AM
Would you draft Sanchez given the chance?

I'll be honest with you, I am not a huge college football fan and I have not watched him really at all. Bradford and Stafford are the ones I keep hearing about. And of course, Tebow. I am not doubting you when you say Sanchez appears to have better footwork or whatever your point is with him.

My point is I don't think Thigy is getting a fair shake for a few reasons. One of them being the line he has to play behind.

Now I will argue that I don't think it matters who you bring in here if we don't have a line that blocks.

Mecca
12-19-2008, 12:02 AM
And I will argue to you, having a QB with bad footwork which gives him bad accuracy that trusts his legs more than his arm is a problem. Then it becomes compounded when he's only comfortable in the shotgun which limits what you can do as an offense.

chiefsfan4life1978
12-19-2008, 12:04 AM
Thigpen is doing great for the level of competition he had in college, the experience had coming into this season, and the group of players he shares the field with.

He has accounted for 18 TDs this season - last season we had 24 offensive TDs as a team - and he hasn't played the full season. Since the bye week, his QB rating is 86.3 - that's within 1 point of McNabb, Favre, Cassel, and Eli Manning, not to mention that he's put up more rushing yards than any of those 4 playing less games.

I'd like to see Thigpen get some more experience under his belt and also see how many wins this team could generate with Brady back, Bowe learning to catch, a RB that can run AND block, and a D that can actually force the other team to punt once in a while.

We've been talking about how we want a "Franchise QB" since Green got his bell rung. Tyler is stepping up and playing decently and actually showing potential to be a solid QB and we want someone else.

I'm not opposed to drafting, but no way does Thiggy get a fair chance to compete against a QB taken in the top 5 of a draft. I fear we're going to toss another Gannon aside looking for a stud that turns out to be a dud.

Brady back? I'm confused. Did you mean Brodie? If so, how does he help us?

Mecca
12-19-2008, 12:06 AM
Brodie would help us by breaking his arm or something.....and Thigpen is stroking the Gannon stuff, Gannon was a pretty good under center QB he excelled in the short passing west coast offense.

sedated
12-19-2008, 12:12 AM
It's still the point of what's going on here and why we have some serious issues. Mark Sanchez is more developed as a QB than the guy we're starting.

I'm sorry, I just can't buy someone's opinion on a USC QB when they are obviouly the biggest USC homer in the history of chiefsplanet.

Is anyone, anywhere, pimping Sanchez as much as our own mr. usc/self-proclaimed draft expert?

Mecca
12-19-2008, 12:14 AM
I'm sorry, I just can't buy someone's opinion on a USC QB when they are obviouly the biggest USC homer in the history of chiefsplanet.

Is anyone, anywhere, pimping Sanchez as much as our own mr. usc/self-proclaimed draft expert?

If anyone should know anything about me it's that I don't pimp dudes from my school unless it's deserved.

Did I ever once pimp John David Booty? Hell the player I'm most remembered for pimping is Antonio Cromartie he went to FSU.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-19-2008, 12:18 AM

I'd also like to see him throw the deep ball with better accuracy.

petegz28
12-19-2008, 12:21 AM

Me too. But playing time with the receivers will hlep that. Let's not forget he has hit Bradley on some nice deep routes. I hate the playcalls though that have our deep passes always going to the sideline or that stupid fade pass.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-19-2008, 12:32 AM
Me too. But playing time with the receivers will hlep that. Let's not forget he has hit Bradley on some nice deep routes. I hate the playcalls though that have our deep passes always going to the sideline or that stupid fade pass.

I hope so. I definitely want to see Tyler have a legitimate shot at winning the job next year, but I'm not ready to just give it to him.

ohiobronco2
12-19-2008, 12:32 AM
Good is fine good is like Jeff Garcia, and you don't win championships with that....

Trent Dilfer. Anybody?

Extra Point
12-19-2008, 12:44 AM
The slant-in pass is higher percentage than the run thru the A gap. Underutilized pattern/play.

JuicesFlowing
12-19-2008, 01:42 AM
This

They drafted Kevin O'Connell in the middle rounds this past year. Some people thought highly of him last year.

Yes. It's amazing what a good GM can do for a franchise.

KCCHIEFS27
12-19-2008, 01:51 AM

Really? That can't be a serious statement. What exactly distinguishes a pro style offense from a college offense?

KCCHIEFS27
12-19-2008, 01:56 AM
This

I don't really understand this. Maybe I am retarded. If people thought so highly of him, why was he around in the middle rounds? Apparently people didn't think TOO high of the guy.

ChiefsCountry
12-19-2008, 01:56 AM
Really? That can't be a serious statement. What exactly distinguishes a pro style offense from a college offense?

:banghead:

Red Beans
12-19-2008, 07:22 AM
No..just No, Cassell is a product of playing with 2 of the best WR's in the league and a great system.:clap:

Exactly. I'm not sold on Cassell. The Pats system with QBs is like Denvers with running backs. Just plug any old son of a bitch in there and go.

DT58HOF
12-19-2008, 07:36 AM
Just what we need another nobody system QB, NO THANKS!!

Amnorix
12-19-2008, 09:03 AM
I don't really understand this. Maybe I am retarded. If people thought so highly of him, why was he around in the middle rounds? Apparently people didn't think TOO high of the guy.

He was a 3rd round pick. That is middle, but at least day 1.

Rausch
12-19-2008, 09:08 AM
Cassel now looks like Bono and Gerbac did then.

There's a reason...

HemiEd
12-19-2008, 09:17 AM
Honestly if its between him and Thiggy, then i much rather keep Thiggy. He would be alot cheaper and less risk

yep, the grass is always greener on the other side of the Chiefs Planet fence.

Reerun_KC
12-19-2008, 09:21 AM
yep, the grass is always greener on the other side of the Chiefs Planet fence.

Cheaper and less risk are the reasons we have never won anything meaningful from Marty til now....

Taking less risks means your franchise sucks...

Demonpenz
12-19-2008, 09:22 AM
Cassel is another trent dilfer Brad johnson, can we stop F-ing around and get a franchise qb or atleast try for olathe's sake

Reerun_KC
12-19-2008, 09:27 AM
Cassel is another trent dilfer Brad johnson, can we stop F-ing around and get a franchise qb or atleast try for olathe's sake

Uh no that is risky...

Pasta Little Brioni
12-19-2008, 09:32 AM
Why throw out Thigpen, when even if you take a QB top 5 Tyler can be a very valuable backup?

MahiMike
12-19-2008, 11:50 AM
So you don't want to pay a guy that's proven himself in this league but you'd love to draft a QB in the top 5? You guys kill me. How many times do I have to tell you - never draft a QB! Get your franchise guy via free agency. Draft picks are coin flips. Free Agents are proven commodities.

I say if they go after Pioli, they package his salary with that of Cassel's. Tell Pioli "here's a bundle of money for both of you. You decide how much to pay Cassel".

BigChiefFan
12-19-2008, 11:54 AM
Just say NO to Scott Mitchell.

Sully
12-19-2008, 11:59 AM
Don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but.....

Scott Mitchell.

Chieftain58
12-19-2008, 12:05 PM
I agree.. Thiggy is doing fine.. We need a pass rush....

TRR
12-19-2008, 01:25 PM
I'm all for Tyler Thigpen in 2009. I'm not completely sold on this years draft class anyways. Especially after Detroit takes Stafford #1. I think you get the best player available, and draft a QB in the later rounds to compete.

Brock
12-19-2008, 01:28 PM
So you don't want to pay a guy that's proven himself in this league but you'd love to draft a QB in the top 5? You guys kill me. How many times do I have to tell you - never draft a QB! Get your franchise guy via free agency. Draft picks are coin flips. Free Agents are proven commodities.

I say if they go after Pioli, they package his salary with that of Cassel's. Tell Pioli "here's a bundle of money for both of you. You decide how much to pay Cassel".

Brad Johnson FTW

Amnorix
12-19-2008, 01:37 PM

errr...since Cassell's salary is subject to the cap and Pioli's isn't, that makes no sense at all.

FringeNC
12-19-2008, 01:38 PM
It'll be interesting to see what the new GM thinks about Thigpen after watching the tape. I'm guessing that trying to figure out what we have in Thigpen will be one of the first tasks of the new GM.

I'm higher on Thigpen than a lot of posters.

Sully
12-19-2008, 01:39 PM
It'll be interesting to see what the new GM thinks about Thigpen after watching the tape. I'm guessing that trying to figure out what we have in Thigpen will be one of the first tasks of the new GM.

I'm higher on Thigpen than a lot of posters.

He's not all that tall. I bet a ton of posters are higher than Thigpen.

Wait...you said...never mind

Amnorix
12-19-2008, 01:45 PM
Not that I am Bill Walsh or anything, but here's my take on Cassell:

1. Hadn't start a game since HS until this season. Was thrown into it without notice when Brady's knee was blown up as you guys know. Played basically very poorly for a good month and OBVIOUSLY had trouble making second/third reads, feeling the pass rush, and releasing the ball in good rhythm.

2. Over the second half of the season, he has greatly improved. He's twice the QB he was. More like 10x. He still has NO long-ball touch worth talking about, however. That's a matter of timing which he hasn't yet developed with his WRs. That he can't hit Randy MOss streaking down the sidelines is very disheartening, as he's missed him several times even when wide open behind the entire defense. :shake:

3. He's VERY athletic. Not quite John Elway / Steve Young, but he's got a very strong arm, and is quick to move around.

4. His read progression has become much faster, and his ability to move in the pocket and sense the rush has really come along also.

5. IMHO, his long-run ceiling should be within the top half of starting QBs in the NFL. It's impossible to project whether he can actually develop into a top 5 or whatever QB at this point, but the strides he has made this season have been phenomenal. When you compare it to what he was the first month of the season, there's no comparison.

For now, he's really just a Chad Pennington short-range passer who can run a bit and has a stronger arm that is useless because he can't hit anybody downfield. In time, however, I think that will come.

His current production is the same as the Pats in 2001 when Brady first started out -- lots of flanker screens and short passes. The Pats have over 50% of their passing yardage on YAC, and are tops in the league on that front in large part because of Wes Welker (love that guy). With time, however, just as Brady did, I think he has every potential to round out his game and be a very good QB.

Slight downside is that next season he'll already be 27. So a second year player is entering his physical peak years, and his mental ability may not be there yet. He may be 30 before he puts it all together and becomes REALLY damn good, if he ever does that. It gives him a moderately shorter shelf life as a starting QB than someone younger might provide.

HemiEd
12-19-2008, 02:14 PM

Well said Pastor! The grass is always greener on the other side of the CPlanet fence.

HemiEd
12-19-2008, 02:15 PM

Really, I had realized Tyler playing under center, was a concern of yours.

HemiEd
12-19-2008, 02:31 PM
Cheaper and less risk are the reasons we have never won anything meaningful from Marty til now....

Taking less risks means your franchise sucks...

uh sure, lets not learn anything from previous mistakes.

Brock
12-19-2008, 03:06 PM
uh sure, lets not learn anything from previous mistakes.

Yeah, it didn't work that one time 25 years ago, so let's never try that again.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-19-2008, 04:02 PM

He's inconsistent too. And to be like that with the level of protection he is afforded? No thanks. PASS!

Let Detroit grab him. Please.

That would be sweet, yes.

If we draft a QBOTF, he will be holding a clipboard while Thigpen get's another season to prove himself. Win-Win.

Yes he does.

The latter. And yes, yes it is.

For the love of God and the LAST TIME; Mecca is NOT a USC Homer.

Is anyone, anywhere, pimping Sanchez as much as our own mr. usc/self-
proclaimed draft expert?

Yes, right here; ME. Mark is the total package and if he declares, we take him assuming Matt has already been cherry-picked.

This.

It's time.

Yeah, it didn't work that one time 25 years ago, so let's never try that again.

It's a new day, and fuck the past. Time to grow balls.

eazyb81
12-19-2008, 04:20 PM
I'd much rather see us finally draft a QB this year and rebuild this franchise the right way.

Elite young LT? Check. Elite young WR? Check. Elite franchise QB? .......

DJ's left nut
10-14-2009, 02:55 PM
Just found this to be an interesting bump for mid-week discussion.

P.S. - I still think Cassel stinks.

Hog's Gone Fishin
10-14-2009, 02:58 PM
I'd pass on Cassel and draft SancheZ!

The_Doctor10
10-14-2009, 03:05 PM

For funsies :P

Reerun_KC
10-14-2009, 03:19 PM

Well this is working out well now...

OnTheWarpath15
10-14-2009, 03:20 PM
Well this is working out well now...

It's the only way he's going to be successful, and many of us were saying it back before we traded for him.

SAUTO
10-14-2009, 03:21 PM
It's the only way he's going to be successful, and many of us were saying it back before we traded for him.

and how about a big hand for miss cleo folks...:rolleyes:

Reerun_KC
10-14-2009, 03:27 PM

he needs to operate from the shotgun or some spread monkey offense to make anything work for the Chiefs...

HemiEd
10-14-2009, 03:36 PM
Just found this to be an interesting bump for mid-week discussion.

P.S. - I still think Cassel stinks.But at least you can spell his name correctly.

Red Dawg
10-14-2009, 03:44 PM
Did I call this one or what?

MahiMike
10-14-2009, 03:59 PM

Rep.

chiefzilla1501
10-14-2009, 04:01 PM

Bullshit. He's run a lot of plays under center and he's done just fine.

philfree
10-14-2009, 04:45 PM
Bullshit. He's run a lot of plays under center and he's done just fine.

I believe this.

Haley talked about the no huddle he didn't talk about the shotgun. He talked about how the players had to turn to each other in that situation and how they pulled together an executed their technique. The no huddle doesn't have to = the shotgun on every snap. Cassel was under center alot against the Cowboys so....

DaneMcCloud
10-14-2009, 04:52 PM
Yes. It's amazing what a good GM can do for a franchise.

LMAO

O'Connell was cut

bevischief
10-14-2009, 06:53 PM
he needs to operate from the shotgun or some spread monkey offense to make anything work for the Chiefs...

ROFLROFL

DeezNutz
10-14-2009, 06:59 PM
Cassel has all of Thigpens warts with none of his mobility.

Cassel is inaccurate on intermediate routes.

Cassel can't throw a deep ball to save his life (can't even throw a deep out well, Thigpen can at least pull that off).

Cassel is a system QB who hasn't ever played under center.

Each and every single knock on Tyler Thigpen can be said about Cassel.

Cassell is Derek Anderson 2.0. In all honesty I'd rather have Thigpen.

LMAO LMAO LMAO

Cassel will never have the success that Anderson has.

Just say NO to Scott Mitchell.

Don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but.....

Scott Mitchell.

ChiefsCountry
10-14-2009, 06:59 PM
LMAO

O'Connell was cut

Detroit picked him up and then traded him.

Mecca
10-14-2009, 07:01 PM
This thread is awesome, no one wants the guy.

Then it all changed.

Mojo Jojo
10-14-2009, 07:05 PM

Except for the facts that the Patriots DID tag him, and we traded for him and didn't get him in free agency. Other than that great call.

DeezNutz
10-14-2009, 07:08 PM

Then it all changed.

GoChiefs is who really kills me.

Now, he's defending Cassel to the death, and our "franchise" guy has been average at best.

All I'm saying is this: when I'm dead and gone and this organization finally finds a legit franchise QB, this fan base will go infuckingsane.

Mecca
10-14-2009, 07:10 PM

Now, he's defending Cassel to the death, and our "franchise" guy has been average at best.

All I'm saying is this: when I'm dead and gone and this organization finally finds a legit franchise QB, this fan base will go infuckingsane.

GoChiefs will defend anyone the franchise decides is the guy.

He still defends LJ, defends Cassel, fuck dude he defended Brodie.

I understand he wants to be supportive of the team but 180ing views like that just makes you look bad.

Hammock Parties
10-15-2009, 08:50 AM
GoChiefs will defend anyone the franchise decides is the guy.

He still defends LJ, defends Cassel, fuck dude he defended Brodie.

I understand he wants to be supportive of the team but 180ing views like that just makes you look bad.

And I was right about Brodie. That's what you still don't seem to get.

It's not like I was defending Bernard Pollard...

Hammock Parties
10-15-2009, 08:52 AM

You don't get to call me on that one. I outed myself on it months ago.

I made that statement based on watching maybe a couple dozen plays during the season...I changed my tune after I actually sat down and watched about 10 Pats games in the offseason.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-15-2009, 08:54 AM

Then it all changed.

It hasn't changed for me. I didn't make any secret of what I thought about Cassel, and that I wanted Sanchez over Matt Stafford. But what's done is done. I'm going to get behind our QB and hope for the best.

DeezNutz
10-15-2009, 09:06 AM
You don't get to call me on that one. I outed myself on it months ago.

I made that statement based on watching maybe a couple dozen plays during the season...I changed my tune after I actually sat down and watched about 10 Pats games in the offseason.

No, I remember you doing this.

Still doesn't change the humor in the original statement. But, fuck, there is shit like this that could be surfaced for all of the regular posters.

Hammock Parties
10-15-2009, 09:07 AM
But, fuck, there is shit like this that could be surfaced for all of the regular posters.

Like I said. We're ALL full of shit.

And only Dane McCloud won't admit it. :evil: