PDA

View Full Version : Science A poll about surveys.

Rain Man
12-19-2008, 05:13 PM
Okay, I get accused occasionally of using you all as lab rats for my market research business, even when my polls are about things like spider islands and alien probes. Once again, for the record, I have no clients considering building spider-infested islands or invading Earth.

But this one is kind of business related, because I'm curious.

How many of you are signed up for one of those "pay to take surveys" places, and if so, how often do you participate? And do you sign up under multiple IDs to make more money?

As full disclosure, I think there are certain types of research where online surveys work okay. I don't think they're very good for research in the general public and think they're abused a lot. So while I generally strongly recommend traditional research, I do occasionally commission online panel research.

lazepoo
12-19-2008, 05:21 PM
I've never done one of those... I figured they were scams and you would have to do so many surveys that it wouldn't be worth my time.

StcChief
12-19-2008, 05:24 PM
I have...I guess I'm an old lab rat (by their opinions) Interesting things appear.

alot of times they don't give a F and say "I don't qualify"

F 'em. in the words of CP....... " I hope they die in a fire"

EyePod
12-19-2008, 06:43 PM
A friend of the family has done this and she got a $60 check. I don't know how long it took her or anything, but it did work. I don't think she's smart enough to use multiple ID's.

88TG88
12-19-2008, 06:45 PM
My friends used to do them all the time. There was a place in the mall that paid 5 bucks for every survey you filled out. I was never that desperate for money.

edit: I see you meant online surveys. I've done one or two for my school.

RJ
12-19-2008, 07:22 PM
I do the NPDOR surveys. There's no money involved, I just do them because they're sometimes interesting. Where do I sign up for the surveys that earn money?

Iowanian
12-19-2008, 07:22 PM
I've never done one of those... I figured they were scams and you would have to do so many surveys that it wouldn't be worth my time.

That.

http://www.commentcomics.com/sit-on-it.jpg

Iowanian
12-19-2008, 07:30 PM
If it paid decent at all, I'd go on a list to do a few surveys, but I wouldn't want to be in some spammer outbox.

If bRainman, Inc had a list, I'd participate to help you.

Skip Towne
12-19-2008, 07:32 PM
Now we need a survey about polls.

Ultra Peanut
12-19-2008, 08:04 PM
You know, those things feel degrading.