PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Mort- Herm may be burned out!!

Pages : [1] 2

Mr. Arrowhead
12-20-2008, 10:09 AM
this morning on sportscenter he said that his job may be in jeopardy, but he also said that he may make the decision easy because Herm is feeling burned out and may retire

Dave Lane
12-20-2008, 10:17 AM
I'll chip in for a long therapeutic vacation like 6-13 years!

Dave

BigChiefFan
12-20-2008, 10:20 AM
He can join Carl on vacation-it's always the first week of free agency-book your flights now, Herm.

eazyb81
12-20-2008, 10:23 AM
What a coincidence - I'm burned out on Herm.

Extra Point
12-20-2008, 10:25 AM

Small world!!!!!

Agent V
12-20-2008, 10:26 AM
Him giving up and retiring would make this "rebuilding" effort even more hilarious.

milkman
12-20-2008, 10:27 AM
Mortenson called it "burnout", but qualified it by saying that Herman fucking Edwards may not feel like he has it in him to make another run with a new GM.

As I said in another thread where I posted this report, that's just coachspeak for:

"I don't want to be fired, so I'll just quit".

milkman
12-20-2008, 10:28 AM

Can you call it burned out if you thought it was a stupid fucking hire from the very beginning?

FringeNC
12-20-2008, 10:34 AM
Now that Herm would have to justify his body of work with a legit GM, Herm knows it's ballgame.

This is yet more evidence that it was a true firing of Peterson. Herm was certainly not anticipating a new GM.

BigChiefFan
12-20-2008, 10:38 AM
Now that Herm would have to justify his body of work with a legit GM, Herm knows it's ballgame.

This is yet more evidence that it was a true firing of Peterson. Herm was certainly not anticipating a new GM.I mentioned this several times, but if you could see the footage of CP after the Chargers game, you would KNOW that the shitcanning took place that day. The look on CP's face is priceless.

Sure-Oz
12-20-2008, 10:38 AM
Retire bitch, go be a politician or something

the Talking Can
12-20-2008, 10:39 AM
America! Fuck Yeah!

the Talking Can
12-20-2008, 10:40 AM
Him giving up and retiring would make this "rebuilding" effort even more hilarious.

he quit on his players in New York and snuck out

it wouldn't shock me if he did the same thing here

Buehler445
12-20-2008, 10:41 AM
Mortenson called it "burnout", but qualified it by saying that Herman fucking Edwards may not feel like he has it in him to make another run with a new GM.

As I said in another thread where I posted this report, that's just coachspeak for:

"I don't want to be fired, so I'll just quit".

Good God I hope there is substance to this report. Herm's such a fucking pussy I wouldn't doubt it.

Craqhead
12-20-2008, 10:44 AM
hmmmz....

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3783492

Sure-Oz
12-20-2008, 10:44 AM
he quit on his players in New York and snuck out

it wouldn't shock me if he did the same thing here

Wouldn't suprise me either, he knows he will get shitcanned so why not beat clark to the punch and make it seem like it was his own decision

Extra Point
12-20-2008, 10:46 AM
All of a sudden
And at the end of the day
The links to Carl pass

BigChiefFan
12-20-2008, 10:46 AM
It was reported that Herm was NOT made aware of Carl's firing until some time later-Herm may act like he's in the know, but he's shitting down both legs right now. His days are numbered.

FringeNC
12-20-2008, 10:47 AM
hmmmz....

Edwards does not intend to resign but will wait on a resolution that brings more clarity to his future, the sources said. That could include a mutual decision in which Hunt honors the final year of his contract.

Pay him the money, and tell him to get the fuck out of town, Clark. You can publicly say the same BS things you did about it being mutual, a la Carl's shitcanning.

Buehler445
12-20-2008, 10:50 AM
hmmmz....

WTF?

Herm Edwards won't quit as coach of the Kansas City Chiefs, but sources say that with only one year left on his contract, he may not have the energy to embrace a run with a new general manager after Carl Peterson resigned Monday.

So am I getting this right? He will not quit. So he will be fired or he will coach next year. But if he coaches next year, he may not "have the energy to embrace a run with a new GM." So this means that if he is coaching he will do a half ass job?

So you take a piss poor job (what he's doing now) and combining it with half ass (what he intends to do). How much worse can it get? Holy fuckballs.

Agent V
All of a sudden
And at the end of the day
The links to Carl pass

Herm, you f***ing shit
Three years you have wasted here
Now, f**k your own face

Extra Point
Which team is stupid enough to trade a fourth rounder for Herm again?

the Talking Can
12-20-2008, 10:51 AM

oh! oh!

me! me! i know!!

Agent V
12-20-2008, 10:52 AM

I'm disappointed this post isn't a haiku. But, in all honesty, I don't think he lands a head coaching job after he leaves KC.

FloridaMan88
12-20-2008, 10:53 AM
I'm glad Herm is feeling burnt out by losing, because I'm burnt out watching how he's destroyed the Chiefs as a franchise.

FloridaMan88
12-20-2008, 10:53 AM
I'm disappointed this post isn't a haiku. But, in all honesty, I don't think he lands a head coaching job after he leaves KC.

I could see Herm ending up in Tampa as defensive coordinator

cabletech94
12-20-2008, 10:54 AM

Just remember, this was all the Kings doing. But on another note, you all realize that if Herm (the liar) is let go, he won't coach. He'll be automatically installed to the NFL network. Apathy loves company.

Extra Point
12-20-2008, 10:57 AM
San Diego State
A whiff of smoke, opportunity
Get out and stay out

milkman
12-20-2008, 10:57 AM

I highly doubt it.

FloridaMan88
12-20-2008, 10:58 AM
The "burnt out" shit is Herm getting his spin ready in his attempt to make a graceful exit from the Chiefs.

It won't work Herm. We know you are a gutless pathetic fraud who did a historically miserable job as head coach of the Chiefs. THAT is the reason (not burn out) for why your ass is being kicked to the curb.

FringeNC
12-20-2008, 10:59 AM

Herm is not an Xs and Os guy. He'd be a disaster.

Agent V
12-20-2008, 11:02 AM

He could hand-wash undergarments. Florida's hot and muggy... players sweat a lot.

BigMeatballDave
12-20-2008, 11:03 AM
America! **** Yeah!LMAO

Extra Point
12-20-2008, 11:07 AM
cabletech94, paraphrased:

This was Carl's doing
Apathy loves company
Good bye, talking head

stumppy
12-20-2008, 11:09 AM
Oh hell no. Don't you dare quit or retire you POS. The only way I want you to leave KC is by getting fired. You hear that? FIRED you worthless tic turd sombitch.

FringeNC
12-20-2008, 11:10 AM
Oh hell no. Don't you dare quit or retire you POS. The only way I want you to leave KC is by getting fired. You hear that? FIRED you worthless tic turd sombitch.

He won't. He wants his final year's pay.

milkman
12-20-2008, 11:12 AM

Hell, I don't even think he can spell "Xs and Os".

smittysbar
12-20-2008, 11:12 AM

No Way

OnTheWarpath15
12-20-2008, 11:15 AM
The "burnt out" shit is Herm getting his spin ready in his attempt to make a graceful exit from the Chiefs.

It won't work Herm. We know you are a gutless pathetic fraud who did a historically miserable job as head coach of the Chiefs. THAT is the reason (not burn out) for why your ass is being kicked to the curb.

Who gives a shit.

If he's gone, I could give two shits WHY he's gone, or WHO'S responsible for him being gone.

Herm gone = Me happy - regardless of the circumstances.

Baby Lee
12-20-2008, 11:21 AM
WTF?

So am I getting this right? He will not quit. So he will be fired or he will coach next year. But if he coaches next year, he may not "have the energy to embrace a run with a new GM." So this means that if he is coaching he will do a half ass job?

So you take a piss poor job (what he's doing now) and combining it with half ass (what he intends to do). How much worse can it get? Holy ****balls.

The new GM is coming, that's a given. If Herm says he may not have the energy to work with a new GM, who's coming, that's a given [Carl's gone, might I say one more time], looks like Clark has his answer.

kc rush
12-20-2008, 11:23 AM
Herm may become a DC at some point in his life just because of the friends he has in the NFL, but he really isn't suited for anything more than being a DB coach.

But as OnTheWarpath says, who gives a shit, as long as he is gone.

Buehler445
12-20-2008, 11:26 AM
Who gives a shit.

If he's gone, I could give two shits WHY he's gone, or WHO'S responsible for him being gone.

Herm gone = Me happy - regardless of the circumstances.

Absolutely.

Positively.

Yes.

12-20-2008, 11:26 AM
Herm Edwards won't quit as coach of the Kansas City Chiefs, but sources say that with only one year left on his contract, he may not have the energy to embrace a run with a new general manager after Carl Peterson resigned Monday.

Chiefs owner Clark Hunt has commenced a search for a new GM, saying he has a "long working list" of candidates that he'd like to get to a "manageable" number over the next two weeks before he focuses on an intensive interview process.

Hunt's elimination of Bill Kuharich, the team vice president of player personnel, as a GM candidate already has made Edwards somewhat disappointed about the process, sources said.

Also, Edwards has a young family, with two children under 5 years old, and the strain of a season that has resulted in several gut-wrenching losses has taken its toll on him, the sources added.

Even though the Chiefs have lost 21 of their last 23 games under Edwards, Hunt told ESPN: "I've been supportive of the job he's done and approach he's made to rebuild the franchise. When we went into this process, we both knew it would be hard but it's been harder than expected. "I like the path we've gone with the younger players even though I wished we'd won more games. I want a new GM who believes in building the team through the draft with young players."

Edwards does not intend to resign but will wait on a resolution that brings more clarity to his future, the sources said. That could include a mutual decision in which Hunt honors the final year of his contract.

Chris Mortensen in a senior NFL analyst for ESPN.

More drama (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3783492)

http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2008/1220/nfl_g_edwards_300.jpg

InChiefsHeaven
12-20-2008, 11:27 AM
Herm's loved by the sports media, he gives a great sound bite. With his preacher way of talking, and the fact that he's a good bullshitter, he will be broadcasting somewhere. We will never be rid of Herm...

milkman
12-20-2008, 11:29 AM

Repost

OnTheWarpath15
12-20-2008, 11:29 AM
I'm betting that if they designated the Salvation Army kettles around town to be a "pay off Herm's contract" donation, $3M would be raised in less than 48 hours...

JuicesFlowing
12-20-2008, 11:30 AM
I hope we get a good GM, the rest will take care of itself.:)

FringeNC
Herm's loved by the sports media, he gives a great sound bite. With his preacher way of talking, and the fact that he's a good bullshitter, he will be broadcasting somewhere. We will never be rid of Herm...

At least I'll be able to turn down the volume or flip channels. That's much preferable to him turning my favorite football team into a laughingstock.

It's amazing that this guy has as many followers as he does. I don't get it.

Repost

What's it now?

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/2315/umpirebp7.jpg

milkman

Herman fucking Edwards can do all the talking he wants as a media person.

I don't give a rat's ass.
I can turn his dumbass off.

As the coach of my team, I can't do anything about the dumbassery he commits on the sideline for my team.

milkman
12-20-2008, 11:32 AM
What's it now?

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/2315/umpirebp7.jpg

Huh?

Post #15.

12-20-2008, 11:33 AM
He wants out, but he wants to get paid for the final year of his contract. I've seen this regurgitated shit before.

He won't quit unless that dumb shit Clark Hunt pays him for next year. they're terrified to fire him for fear of being labeled racists by Herm and mentor Tony Dungy.

12-20-2008, 11:34 AM
Huh?

Post #15.

It was a really bad attempt at humor. sorry old timer. :D

triple
12-20-2008, 11:35 AM
Herm's continued existence in Kansas City is a by-product of Carl's failed decades as general manager.

He is a walking bad decision that would only have happened under Peterson.

Therefore, sayonara

Mr. Laz
12-20-2008, 11:35 AM
It was reported that Herm was NOT made aware of Carl's firing until some time later-Herm may act like he's in the know, but he's shitting down both legs right now. His days are numbered.
Herm is a buddy of Carl ..... i haven't seen one of his buddies yet that wasn't a arrogant,lying sack of crap.

FringeNC
12-20-2008, 11:38 AM
He wants out, but he wants to get paid for the final year of his contract. I've seen this regurgitated shit before.

He won't quit unless that dumb shit Clark Hunt pays him for next year. they're terrified to fire him for fear of being labeled racists by Herm and mentor Tony Dungy.

It'd take Clark about 5 minutes to recoup that money from paying Edwards to leave. The phones will be ringing off the hook. But yeah, it's politically incorrect to fire a black HC -- so much so, you have to wonder whether that makes it harder for black coaches to get the HC job.

Jerm
12-20-2008, 11:40 AM
I seriously doubt that any new GM will want to retain Herm so I don't know why Clark just didn't send him packing with Carl...a completely new fresh start.

Clark's comments in the media after Carl's "resignation" wasn't exactly a ringing endorsement for Herm.

I don't think he stays one way or another.

milkman
12-20-2008, 11:47 AM
I seriously doubt that any new GM will want to retain Herm so I don't know why Clark just didn't send him packing with Carl...a completely new fresh start.

Clark's comments in the media after Carl's "resignation" wasn't exactly a ringing endorsement for Herm.

There really isn't much point in firing Herman fucking Edwards with two games remaining.

2bikemike
12-20-2008, 11:47 AM

I think is incompetence is well recorded. You either win or you don't. He hasn't so it should be easy to fire him without reprecussions.

Extra Point
12-20-2008, 11:58 AM
I call BS that Clark would hire a GM that wouldn't fire Herm because he's a person of color (POC). Incompetence is an equal opportunity word. The Chiefs organization, thanks to Lamar Hunt, is the most opportunity-giving to people of color in pro football. The race card has no place in cutting the Chiefs management roster. If Clark is afraid to fire Herm because he's a POC, then he's a POS.

lazepoo
12-20-2008, 11:58 AM
I think is incompetence is well recorded. You either win or you don't. He hasn't so it should be easy to fire him without reprecussions.

Yeah, I don't think too many people would cry foul with the record Herm's posted the last two years.

BigChiefFan
12-20-2008, 12:04 PM
I don't think racism exists, if you actually HIRED the man in the first place.

Craqhead
12-20-2008, 12:06 PM

kcchiefs.com in the chiefs tv, click and watch the interview w/ Clark Hunt.

Mr. Laz
12-20-2008, 12:07 PM
i hope Clark calls his bluff on this racism thing(if it's true)

if Herm says something i hope Hunt sues his ass for slander

Sure-Oz
12-20-2008, 12:15 PM

I really doubt racism would be part of it with his super shitty record here. I don't even think herm would apply that either. Who said it's racism?

FloridaMan88
12-20-2008, 12:16 PM
Herm is too dumb to play the race card

FringeNC
12-20-2008, 12:23 PM
I really doubt racism would be part of it with his super shitty record here. I don't even think herm would apply that either. Who said it's racism?

I don't think it will be Herm publicly calling the Chiefs racist, but firing a black coach is just not politically correct. Notre Dame took a lot of heat for firing Tyrone Willingham.

shaneo69
12-20-2008, 12:24 PM
This is my favorite part:

"Hunt's elimination of Bill Kuharich, the team vice president of player personnel, as a GM candidate already has made Edwards somewhat disappointed about the process, sources said."

I think Clark made that point crystal clear so that Herm could see the writing on the wall.

Thig Lyfe
12-20-2008, 12:34 PM
He has a hamstring
You play to win the game - It's
Okay... it's okay

Buehler445
12-20-2008, 12:38 PM
I don't think it will be Herm publicly calling the Chiefs racist, but firing a black coach is just not politically correct. Notre Dame took a lot of heat for firing Tyrone Willingham.

Willingham had 9 wins IIRC.

JuicesFlowing
12-20-2008, 12:46 PM

So ... black coaches can never get fired without racism involved? That's not right. I guess Cleveland needs to keep their coach too, since they are doing so well ...? I see your point from a media standpoint, but still.

DJ's left nut
12-20-2008, 12:52 PM
I still think he'd make a good college coach.

Tell him to take the SD State job. He'd probably take it now that he knows his NFL tenure is probably done.

FringeNC
12-20-2008, 12:57 PM

Herm would most likely be a good recruiter. If he had a top OC and DC, he could be successful. He'd still be awful at game management, but having top talent and a top OC and DC could make up for that. Let's face it, all Herm is a motivator/bullshit artist. He doesn't know anything.

R&GHomer
12-20-2008, 01:02 PM
I can't believe I ever thought this team could win 6 games this year. I feel like a beaten puppy

KCFalcon59
12-20-2008, 01:05 PM
Goodbye Herm. Good riddance. Have fun on ESPN, I won't be watching!!!!!

Skip Towne
12-20-2008, 01:06 PM
There really isn't much point in firing Herman fucking Edwards with two games remaining.

I want to do it anyway.

JuicesFlowing
12-20-2008, 01:08 PM

Tell him to take the SD State job. He'd probably take it now that he knows his NFL tenure is probably done.

SD State hired someone already. Just heard about it the other day ... I thought Herm would have jumped on that, but the timing was off I guess.

RippedmyFlesh
12-20-2008, 01:09 PM
Herm would most likely be a good recruiter. If he had a top OC and DC, he could be successful. He'd still be awful at game management, but having top talent and a top OC and DC could make up for that. Let's face it, all Herm is a motivator/bullshit artist. He doesn't know anything.
Ideally a place where football is secondary like a service academy.

JuicesFlowing
12-20-2008, 01:09 PM
I can't believe I ever thought this team could win 6 games this year. I feel like a beaten puppy

I predicted them to win 6 games also. The sad thing is, they SHOULD have ...

Crush
12-20-2008, 01:19 PM
GTFO, Herm!!!

KChiefs1
12-20-2008, 01:24 PM
Herm is a good DB coach.

DeezNutz
12-20-2008, 01:29 PM
Where are all the Herm defenders? Why aren't they out in force to explain why it's "understandable" that Edwards might lack the energy and drive?

alanm
12-20-2008, 01:32 PM
San Diego State
A whiff of smoke, opportunity
Get out and stay outI believe I recall the Ball St. coach took that job.

Dave Lane
12-20-2008, 01:40 PM

Don't hold back how do you really feel :)

FringeNC
12-20-2008, 01:42 PM
That SD meltdown is looking like it's the best thing to happen to Chiefs' fans in a long, long time.

Frazod
12-20-2008, 01:42 PM
I understand there's a HC opening in Oakland - perhaps he just needs a change of scenery.

:evil:

Fritz88
12-20-2008, 01:43 PM
I don't think that Herm is burnt out. His personality is not that type.

DeezNutz
12-20-2008, 01:49 PM
That SD meltdown is looking like it's the best thing to happen to Chiefs' fans in a long, long time.

It was a beautifully indefensible moment, the kind that tips the balance if one is unsure about what direction to take going forward.

When Jackson caught the TD pass, I'll admit that I was pretty excited. It wasn't the loss but the manner in which it took place, combined with the thought of what this would cause ownership to do.

The highlight of the season, without a doubt.

Dave Lane
12-20-2008, 01:50 PM
I predicted them to win 6 games also. The sad thing is, they SHOULD have ...

They do have the talent. If someone could just use it correctly!!!!!

JuicesFlowing
12-20-2008, 01:51 PM
I understand there's a HC opening in Oakland - perhaps he just needs a change of scenery.

Herm in Oakland. That would be awesome for the Chiefs!

dirk digler
12-20-2008, 01:55 PM
Good riddance and don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out

http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/
REPORT: HERM NOT HAPPY WITH CHIEFS G.M. SEARCH (http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/12/20/report-herm-not-happy-with-chiefs-gm-search/)

Posted by Michael David Smith on December 20, 2008, 2:15 p.m.

General Manager Carl Peterson is on the way out in Kansas City, and there are growing signs that Chiefs coach Herm Edwards could follow Peterson out the door.

Chris Mortensen of ESPN reports that sources say Edwards is “somewhat disappointed (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3783492)” in the team’s GM search, and specifically in owner Clark Hunt’s elimination of Bill Kuharich, the vice president of player personnel, from the list of candidates.

Mortensen reports that Edwards won’t quit, but with only a year left on his contract, it would be easy for a new G.M. to decide to replace Edwards. The Chiefs are 2-21 in their last 23 games under Edwards.

Hunt told Mortensen he has a “long working list” of G.M. candidates and that he’ll pare down the list over the next two weeks. He added, “I want a new G.M. who believes in building the team through the draft with young players.”

splatbass
12-20-2008, 01:58 PM

I don't think race is even a part of this decision with either Clark or Herm, but for some people if a coach is black they will always bring up race. Like the guy you quoted.

kswheels
12-20-2008, 02:06 PM
I was gonna post the image but I'm new so I'll have to live with the quote.

"Well...Bye."

chiefzilla1501
12-20-2008, 02:17 PM
Where are all the Herm defenders? Why aren't they out in force to explain why it's "understandable" that Edwards might lack the energy and drive?

Because it's an uphill battle. A lot of people hate Herm Edwards, and nothing anybody says is going to change that opinion. It's an understandable opinion to have. I still sympathize with the man because we've heard too many stories over the past few weeks about how Herm wanted to do things and then got railroaded by Carl Peterson.

I'm ready to move on. I never thought Herm was a Super Bowl coach, but I was willing to give him that chance. But I could see why he's burnt out. Ever since 2006, he's been a scapegoat in Kansas City. Let's face the truth: for some weird reason, when we started losing games in 2006, the shouts for Herm Edwards' head were far louder than the shouts for Peterson's head. Toward the end of this season, for every one negative thread about Peterson, there were 20 negative threads about Herm. And that's something I'll never truly understand.

I can understand hatred for Herm. But I'll never get the pure disgust for him.

Tits McGee
12-20-2008, 02:18 PM
Burned out? From what, he hasn't done a thing.

kswheels
12-20-2008, 02:23 PM
Because it's an uphill battle. A lot of people hate Herm Edwards, and nothing anybody says is going to change that opinion. It's an understandable opinion to have. I still sympathize with the man because we've heard too many stories over the past few weeks about how Herm wanted to do things and then got railroaded by Carl Peterson.

I'm ready to move on. I never thought Herm was a Super Bowl coach, but I was willing to give him that chance. But I could see why he's burnt out. Ever since 2006, he's been a scapegoat in Kansas City. Let's face the truth: for some weird reason, when we started losing games in 2006, the shouts for Herm Edwards' head were far louder than the shouts for Peterson's head. Toward the end of this season, for every one negative thread about Peterson, there were 20 negative threads about Herm. And that's something I'll never truly understand.

I can explain the disgust for him in 3 words.

Marty Ball Redux.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-20-2008, 02:23 PM
He pulled the same shit in New York.

Mr. Arrowhead
12-20-2008, 02:29 PM
Maybe Herm is just scared that Clark list of GM's are GM's that dont accept mediocrity

12-20-2008, 02:31 PM

He was a minority hire. the Jets were pressured to hire him in 2001. it's a very touchy issue firing a black head coach. Dungy was crying about it a few years back.

12-20-2008, 02:33 PM
I don't think race is even a part of this decision with either Clark or Herm, but for some people if a coach is black they will always bring up race. Like the guy you quoted.

Eh, he was a minority hire in 2001. you can deny it if you want, but the Jets were being pressured with a new owner and with what was going on at the time.

There's nothing wrong with speaking the truth. being in denial is the difficult part. the guy is a fucking moron, and had he been white he would have been gone long ago.

chiefzilla1501
12-20-2008, 02:37 PM
Eh, he was a minority hire in 2001. you can deny it if you want, but the Jets were being pressured with a new owner and with what was going on at the time.

There's nothing wrong with speaking the truth. being in denial is the difficult part. the guy is a ****ing moron, and had he been white he would have been gone long ago.

A pretty ridiculous accusation.

Herm was hired in New York because Bradway followed the Carl Peterson school of "hire your friends." Herm was an assistant when Bradway was in KC, just like Cottrell and Hackett were.

You do know that owners/GMs are only required to INTERVIEW a minority candidate. Nobody ever said you had to hire one. Pulling the race card in either direction is flat-out ridiculous.

RustShack
12-20-2008, 02:40 PM
The Steelers were pressured to hiring a black coach since the rule is named after them... Not saying Tomlin wasn't the best candidate anyways....

DeezNutz
12-20-2008, 02:41 PM

Because most wanted Peterson gone for years, since at least the end of the Gunter tenure. Tough to get too excited over an argument that has been on-going for 8 years. Herm, on the other hand, was a more recent offender, thus the fresh rancor.

I like Herm the man. Seems like a good guy. But I have no more patience for Herm the coach, and, really, that's all that matters.

12-20-2008, 02:41 PM
A pretty ridiculous accusation.

Herm was hired in New York because Bradway followed the Carl Peterson school of "hire your friends." Herm was an assistant when Bradway was in KC, just like Cottrell and Hackett were.

You do know that owners/GMs are only required to INTERVIEW a minority candidate. Nobody ever said you had to hire one. Pulling the race card in either direction is flat-out ridiculous.

Eh, whatever. Woody Johnson becomes new owner of Jets = Check

Outcry of not too many Black Head coaches in NFL surfaces in 2001 = Check

What criteria did Herm have to be hired? he was a secondary coach with TB, he wasn't even the DC. he had no experience as HC ANYWHERE. Pee wee/AFL/USFL, nada..nothing. why was he hired? tell me!

Dylan
12-20-2008, 02:44 PM
Mort- Herm may be burned out!!

What a nice way of saying it.

The fans ousted one. .... since ya'll got that blanket coverage thing going ...won't be long

Reerun_KC
12-20-2008, 02:44 PM

This Where is

KC Fish
Chiefzilla
SensibleChief
DaneMcCloud
Zouk

Whom am I forgetting?

12-20-2008, 02:45 PM
This Where is

KC Fish
Chiefzilla
SensibleChief
DaneMcCloud
Zouk

Whom am I forgetting?

htismaqe..oh wait!

ROFL

Reerun_KC
12-20-2008, 02:46 PM
htismaqe..oh wait!

ROFL

Parker didnt like Herm...

12-20-2008, 02:47 PM
Parker didnt like Herm...

Last year, but he was defending him to the death in 2006.

Reerun_KC

What criteria did Herm have to be hired? he was a secondary coach with TB, he wasn't even the DC. he had no experience as HC ANYWHERE. Pee wee/AFL/USFL, nada..nothing. why was he hired? tell me!

Chiefzilla, I would like to hear your rebuttle to this!

Herm wasnt even responsible for drafting... Yet he got hired as a HC.. I call bullshit... Cause Herm as a HC on any level is bullshit!

Reerun_KC

Yeah I remember, You and I had some great debates with him....

I sure if he comes back, he would be humbled...

DeezNutz
12-20-2008, 02:48 PM
This Where is

KC Fish
Chiefzilla
SensibleChief
DaneMcCloud
Zouk

Whom am I forgetting?

Dang, man. He's making a list, checking it twice...ROFL

DeezNutz
12-20-2008, 02:50 PM

If I remember correctly, it wasn't so much that he was defending Herm as he was sticking up for his team against individuals whom he considered "trolls."

Not saying he was right or wrong, just saying.

kswheels
12-20-2008, 02:53 PM

When you die, it will say post hoc ergo propter hoc on your tombstone

Reerun_KC
12-20-2008, 02:55 PM
Dang, man. He's making a list, checking it twice...ROFL

:D

They get no presents..

12-20-2008, 02:56 PM

Thanks, Herm. why don't you suck my dick and stop breathing.

Dylan
12-20-2008, 02:57 PM

hey, how ya doing?

D2112, the good fans of K.C. nightmare is about to end.

If you want change -- keep up those "I'm not going to spend another dollar of my hard earned money on the Chiefs until the coaching staff is gone." remember: there are no small markets

...mission accomplished

12-20-2008, 02:57 PM

BTW..being bitter about the truth is basically admitting I'm right!

Thanks! and Merry xmas!

ROFL

kswheels
12-20-2008, 03:00 PM
BTW..being bitter about the truth is basically admitting I'm right!

Thanks! and Merry xmas!

ROFL

You know what? I hate Herm as much as anyone here, but your logic for why he was a race-based hire is the very definition of post hoc ergo propter hoc. How about actually discussing an issue instead of just telling people who challenge you to suck your dick and die?

12-20-2008, 03:01 PM
You know what? I hate Herm as much as anyone here, but your logic for why he was a race-based hire is the very definition of post hoc ergo propter hoc. How about actually discussing an issue instead of just telling people who challenge you to suck your dick and die?

I am telling you how it went down. you're the one telling me about fucking tombstones. why don't you answer your own fucking question?

Reerun_KC
12-20-2008, 03:03 PM

:spock:

So if it wasnt raced based, then why would you hire a guy that is nothing more than a DB coach and a marginal scout get handed the keys to the franchise over to him?

You actually telling me in 2001 that Herm was qualified to run a NFL franchise?

12-20-2008, 03:05 PM

So if it wasnt raced based, then why would you hire a guy that is nothing more than a DB coach and a marginal scout get handed the keys to the franchise over to him?

Herm's first year synopsis with the Jets

2001 NYJ (Herm Edwards): 10-6

• Edwards has no prior HC experience in the NFL, college, high school, or Pop-Warner. Edwards has no prior OC experience at any of those levels. Edwards has no prior DC experience at any of those levels. Edwards was never the special teams coach at any of those levels. As such, Edwards was never responsible for coming up with a game plan for a single football game prior to his hiring.
• Takes over a team with a veteran 3-4 defense with cover-corners, hires a DC (Ted Cottrell) whose specialty is the 3-4, & inserts a 4-man front, cover-2 base package that was successful in Tampa Bay (never considering that TB had 4-5 defensive pro-bowlers who made it work).
• Though the offense had an immobile pocket passer who missed the ’99 season with a ruptured Achilles tendon, and short WRs (Chrebet, Coles, Moss), shifted the team to a west-coast offense under Paul Hackett (who had just been fired for running the USC program into the ground after three years. Since his removal from USC, they are the best team in the USA. Prior to that he was fired from the OC position in KC).
• After an 8.5 sack rookie season, decided to move huge DE Shaun Ellis to DT, a colossal flop.
• Started out 1-2 including an unwatchable offensive plodding vs. the 6-10 Colts (down by three touchdowns we were still eating 8+ minutes of clock up on one drive running the ball in the 2nd half).
• Teams beat were NE (11-5) in the game that Lewis knocked Bledsoe out, Miami (11-5) twice, and Oakland (10-6).
• Eked out 1-point victories vs. the Bengals (6-10), Colts (6-10), and Panthers (1-15) and a 6-pt win vs. the 3-13 Bills before losing to those same Bills in a win-and-we’re-in game 15.
• Made the playoffs on a 50-yd FG in Oakland in the last game.
• Opponents’ records were combined 131-125 (.511).
• Lost the WC game in Oakland.
• Four went to the Pro Bowl (Abraham, Glenn, Martin, Mawae).
• Offense was #26 in yards; #17 in pts
• Defense was #17 in yards; #12 in points.

chiefzilla1501
12-20-2008, 03:06 PM
Chiefzilla, I would like to hear your rebuttle to this!

Herm wasnt even responsible for drafting... Yet he got hired as a HC.. I call bullshit... Cause Herm as a HC on any level is bullshit!

I've never defended Bradway on that. He hired Herm because he was a croney of his. And I blasted Carl Peterson for hiring Herm without having an open interview process--Peterson should have looked at multiple options and chosen the best fit, not the guy that was his friend and colleague. I have no argument against that and never have.

Crush

That scenario would create a black hole of suck with enough power to engulf the entire universe.

Fish

According to the Jets he was qualified. And the race conspiracy theory is absurd. Even for devout Herm haters.

And remember that "unqualified" Herm Edwards still has the most playoff appearances of all coaches in Jets history......

kswheels
I am telling you how it went down. you're the one telling me about ****ing tombstones. why don't you answer your own ****ing question?

First of all the line about the tombstone is a quote from The West Wing.

Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc means "After it therefore because of it."

New Owner
Calls for more black coaches
Black coach hired

It must be because of race.

"After it therefore because of it" is almost never true. As someone else pointed out Herm's hire could just as likely be because he has friends both in New York and Kansas City, but you keep spouting this affirmative action BS like it's set in stone fact, it's not.

12-20-2008, 03:08 PM
First of all the line about the tombstone is a quote from The West Wing.

Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc means "After it therefore because of it."

New Owner
Calls for more black coaches
Black coach hired

It must be because of race.

"After it therefore because of it" is almost never true. As someone else pointed out Herm's hire could just as likely be because he has friends both in New York and Kansas City, but you keep spouting this affirmative action BS like it's set in stone fact, it's not.

See post 122 for his prior experience. again, tell me how he was qualified to be a HC?

chiefzilla1501
12-20-2008, 03:09 PM

For the same reason that young guys like Gruden and Lane Kiffin and Tomlin were hired, despite being young and ultra-inexperienced. Or that coaches like Andy Reid are hired.

Personally, I think he was originally hired because a) he was in Bradway's network and he had a history of hiring friends; b) he was in two of the sexiest coaching trees in the NFL at the time--the Marty and the Dungy tree.

I think it was a bad hire because I'm completely against GMs handpicking coaches solely because they're friends, but there are reasons beyond race that he was hired the first time, I'm sure.

blueballs
12-20-2008, 03:10 PM
That scenario would create a black hole of suck with enough power to engulf the entire universe.

Al Davis is ALL about the flash on offense
dammit to hell
it could have been sweet

chiefzilla1501
12-20-2008, 03:11 PM
See post 122 for his prior experience. again, tell me how he was qualified to be a HC?

I guess Marinelli, Andy Reid, and Lane Kiffin were all hired to be head coaches because they're white.

Reerun_KC
12-20-2008, 03:13 PM
For the same reason that young guys like Gruden and Lane Kiffin and Tomlin were hired, despite being young and ultra-inexperienced. Or that coaches like Andy Reid are hired.

Personally, I think he was originally hired because a) he was in Bradway's network and he had a history of hiring friends; b) he was in two of the sexiest coaching trees in the NFL at the time--the Marty and the Dungy tree.

I think it was a bad hire because I'm completely against GMs handpicking coaches solely because they're friends, but there are reasons beyond race that he was hired the first time, I'm sure.

OH MY! ROFL

There is nothing sexy about that tree, shit dude its not even a tree, more like a shrub or bush...

Bill Parcells and Bill Walsh have Trees... Marty and Dungy are lucky to have a potted plant...

ROFL

Sexy tree! ROFL

Reerun_KC
12-20-2008, 03:13 PM
I guess Marinelli, Andy Reid, and Lane Kiffin were all hired to be head coaches because they're white.

:shake:

Dude your raciest!

kswheels
12-20-2008, 03:14 PM

Reading comprehension is your friend. I never said he was. I said that having friends (or family) within an organization is just as likely, if not more likely to get an unqualified person hired as is their race.

Stop setting up the false dilemma that either he was hired because of his race or he was qualified. Those are't the only two options.

12-20-2008, 03:14 PM

The Jets hire was racially motivated. no doubt in my mind. he even got a raise after a shitty season in 2003, which still boggles my mind.

Unlike Gruden and Tomlin and Reid he is nowhere close to those guys as a HC. you have to admit that.

We'll have to agree to disagree on the minority hire.

milkman
12-20-2008, 03:15 PM
:shake:

Dude your raciest!

Does that mean he's fast?

Sleek maybe?

12-20-2008, 03:15 PM
Reading comprehension is your friend. I never said he was. I said that having friends (or family) within an organization is just as likely, if not more likely to get an unqualified person hired as is their race.

Stop setting up the false dilemma that either he was hired because of his race or he was qualified. Those are't the only two options.

For the last time, and listen carefully. THE JETS WERE PRESSURED TO HIRE HIM. do you understand now?

Fish
12-20-2008, 03:17 PM
The Jets hire was racially motivated. no doubt in my mind. he even got a raise after a shitty season in 2003, which still boggles my mind.

Unlike Gruden and Tomlin and Reid he is nowhere close to those guys as a HC. you have to admit that.

We'll have to agree to disagree on the minority hire.

And remember that "unqualified" Herm Edwards still has the most playoff appearances of all coaches in Jets history......

chiefzilla1501
12-20-2008, 03:17 PM
OH MY! ROFL

There is nothing sexy about that tree, shit dude its not even a tree, more like a shrub or bush...

Bill Parcells and Bill Walsh have Trees... Marty and Dungy are lucky to have a potted plant...

ROFL

Sexy tree! ROFL
Not saying it's the sexiest tree right now. But Marty's tree did produce Dungy and Cowher, and at the time, Dungy's tree was becoming hot too (though now, that has fizzled quite a bit).

12-20-2008, 03:18 PM

They won despite Herm. and defending him certainly reflects poorly on your opinion. just sayin'

kswheels
12-20-2008, 03:19 PM
For the last time, and listen carefully. THE JETS WERE PRESSURED TO HIRE HIM. do you understand now?

That is your opinion. It is not a fact.

12-20-2008, 03:20 PM
That is your opinion. It is not a fact.

Oh, I see. and you still have proven nothing in terms of his qualifications of the job other than the old family tree. that sounds like an opinion also me thinks.

Big Chief Homer
12-20-2008, 03:20 PM
[ I still sympathize with the man because we've heard too many stories over the past few weeks about how Herm wanted to do things and then got railroaded by Carl Peterson.

I'm ready to move on. I never thought Herm was a Super Bowl coach, but I was willing to give him that chance. But I could see why he's burnt out. Ever since 2006, he's been a scapegoat in Kansas City. Let's face the truth: for some weird reason, when we started losing games in 2006, the shouts for Herm Edwards' head were far louder than the shouts for Peterson's head.

Railroaded by Carl?Maybe Carl new all along Herm could not rebuild this team.I firmly believe Peterson hired Herm as another lapdog and was surprised when it didn't sit and stay but turned and bit him.

Carl is not responsible for the horrendous time management,playcalling and game time adjustments.That falls squarely on the head coach and coordinators.

The demise of this team falls on ALL of their shoulders from Carl down to phiefer(sp?).Herms approach was current he just does not have the ability to make it work.Thats why they must all go.

Thank God our owner sees that.

Fish
12-20-2008, 03:22 PM
They won despite Herm. and defending him certainly reflects poorly on your opinion. just sayin'

Yes.... they win despite Herm, but everything else is his fault.... I understand the mindset...

12-20-2008, 03:24 PM
Yes.... they win despite Herm, but everything else is his fault.... I understand the mindset...

They probably would have won a couple of super bowls with a competent coach. no doubt in my mind. and what would you know about what he did with the Jets other than the ole battle cry ''playoffs in 3 out of 5 years''?

Do you know how many similar dumbass things he did with the Jets that he is doing with the Chiefs right now? he has not changed one bit.

kswheels
Oh, I see. and you still have proven nothing in terms of his qualifications of the job other than the old family tree. that sounds like an opinion also me thinks.

I never said he was qualified. So stop throwing that crap at me

As for the "old family tree" I will quote you a previous post from chiefzilla

Mr. Plow
Herm Edwards has a TON of white friends.

Extra Point
12-20-2008, 03:25 PM
I just hope you're right.

12-20-2008, 03:26 PM
I never said he was qualified. So stop throwing that crap at me

As for the "old family tree" I will quote you a previous post from chiefzilla

Wait, so if he's not qualified and he's a black friend of Terry Bradway, well? what do we have?

Big Chief Homer
12-20-2008, 03:27 PM
I just hope you're right.

So far he has one eye open:)

kswheels
12-20-2008, 03:28 PM
Wait, so if he's not qualified and he's a black friend of Terry Bradway, well? what do we have?

You're just racist aren't you? Anyway. I'm done with you.

12-20-2008, 03:29 PM
You're just racist aren't you? Anyway. I'm done with you.

ROFL

It's the truth! how in the fuck can you call that racist? that's EXACTLY why he hasn't been fired yet. because of people like you.

kswheels
12-20-2008, 03:32 PM
ROFL

It's the truth! how in the **** can you call that racist? that's EXACTLY why he hasn't been fired yet. because of people like you.

People like me. My god. Aren't you late for a Klan meeting?

By your logic every black coach was hired because they're black and if they aren't fired fast enough to please you, it's because they're black.

12-20-2008, 03:33 PM
People like me. My god. Aren't you late for a Klan meeting?

By your logic every black coach was hired because they're black and if they aren't fired fast enough to please you, it's because they're black.

I didn't say that, and you know it. you labeled me a racist because I'm saying something you don't want to hear. he was a minority hire. there, I said it again.

blueballs
12-20-2008, 03:37 PM

He's familure the KU football program
that don't leave much room

kswheels
12-20-2008, 03:38 PM
I didn't say that, and you know it. you labeled me a racist because I'm saying something you don't want to hear. he was a minority hire. there, I said it again.

I'm labeling you a racist because you refuse to hear any other argument for his being hired.

12-20-2008, 03:40 PM
I'm labeling you a racist because you refuse to hear any other argument for his being hired.

I thought you were done with me?

I heard your argument, and responded. you on the other hand are only throwing the race card at me now. is that you Lia?

blueballs
12-20-2008, 03:41 PM
They had to hire him
because he's a scientoligist

kswheels
12-20-2008, 03:42 PM
I thought you were done with me?

I heard your argument, and responded. you on the other hand are only throwing the race card at me now. is that you Lia?

I threw the race card at you after your "black friend" post. You essentially said that because he's black, the friend argument isn't possible. That, my friend, is racist.

teedubya
12-20-2008, 03:43 PM
Go get Gene Upshaw's job

TAGS: Fuck you Herm, Herm licks nuts, I put my nutsack on Herm's drumset

kswheels
12-20-2008, 03:44 PM
They had to hire him
because he's a scientoligist

I didn't know Tom cruise owned the Jets.ROFL

OnTheWarpath15
12-20-2008, 03:46 PM

There's a HUGE difference in defending someone, and calling someone out when they are unfairly criticizing said someone.

Dr. Johnny Fever
12-20-2008, 03:47 PM
Bye Herm. At least you have the stick-too-itiveness to see the rebuild through that you wanted and you aren't doing something lame like making excuses/covering for your upcoming firing. Don't let the door hit ya.

FringeNC
12-20-2008, 03:51 PM
Maybe we can get a team to give us a 4th rounder for him instead of firing his ass.

12-20-2008, 03:54 PM
I threw the race card at you after your "black friend" post. You essentially said that because he's black, the friend argument isn't possible. That, my friend, is racist.

Wait, that is of course your opinion, right?

splatbass
12-20-2008, 03:55 PM

There's nothing wrong with speaking the truth. being in denial is the difficult part. the guy is a ****ing moron, and had he been white he would have been gone long ago.

Herm's race has never been an issue with the Chiefs. It has nothing to do with whether or not he is fired, and no one had even mentioned it. until you. You brought race into a situation where it wasn't necessary, it seems to me that it is you who have a problem with race, not Clark Hunt or anyone else involved.

Why does the irrelevant fact that Herm is black matter so much to you that you would bring it up in a situation where it hasn't been mentioned by anyone anywhere?

12-20-2008, 03:55 PM
There's a HUGE difference in defending someone, and calling someone out when they are unfairly criticizing said someone.

OK, I'll take that back. htismaqe was an arrogant asshole. is that better?

12-20-2008, 03:57 PM
Herm's race has never been an issue with the Chiefs. It has nothing to do with whether or not he is fired, and no one had even mentioned it. until you. You brought race into a situation where it wasn't necessary, it seems to me that it is you who have a problem with race, not Clark Hunt or anyone else involved.

Why does the irrelevant fact that Herm is black matter so much to you that you would bring it up in a situation where it hasn't been mentioned by anyone anywhere?

UM, because he's so blatantly incompetent? he's no different than Rich Kotite as far as being a head coach when it comes to wins and losses. you tell me what the difference is, and why some people feel he shouldn't be fired.

Jerm
12-20-2008, 03:58 PM
Herm to TB as the defensive coordinator since Kiffin is leaving?

Makes sense.

OnTheWarpath15
12-20-2008, 03:59 PM
OK, I'll take that back. htismaqe was an arrogant asshole. is that better?

I don't agree, but I can't fault you for calling it as you see it.

kswheels
12-20-2008, 03:59 PM
Maybe we can get a team to give us a 4th rounder for him instead of firing his ass.

Maybe the Albuquerque Aztecs will take him.

kswheels
12-20-2008, 04:00 PM
Wait, that is of course your opinion, right?

Yes of course.

12-20-2008, 04:01 PM
Yes of course.

There now, everybody has one. :thumb:

kswheels
12-20-2008, 04:05 PM
There now, everybody has one. :thumb:

And they're like some kind of hole, as I recall. Look, my problem wasn't so much your opinion that it was a race based hire. You may be right. It was how you stated it. As the only option. And yes, some of yor phrasing struck me as racist, but I shouldn't have gone there. I'm new here and don't want to make enemies the first day, so I hope we can move on to argue another day.

RippedmyFlesh
12-20-2008, 04:05 PM
If you could get a 4th round pick for herm then you would deserve to be the next gm at the very least if not president.

oaklandhater
12-20-2008, 04:06 PM
This Where is

KC Fish
Chiefzilla
SensibleChief
DaneMcCloud
Zouk

Whom am I forgetting?

CrazyCoffey

12-20-2008, 04:06 PM
And they're like some kind of hole, as I recall. Look, my problem wasn't so much your opinion that it was a race based hire. You may be right. It was how you stated it. As the only option. And yes, some of yor phrasing struck me as racist, but I shouldn't have gone there. I'm new here and don't want to make enemies the first day, so I hope we can move on to argue another day.

It's all good man. heated debating is what this place is all about. :thumb:

I never took it personally. :)

oaklandhater
12-20-2008, 04:08 PM
This Where is

KC Fish
Chiefzilla
SensibleChief
DaneMcCloud
Zouk

Whom am I forgetting?

- zouk and Fish the rest of the ppl on that list are douchebags

splatbass
12-20-2008, 04:08 PM
UM, because he's so blatantly incompetent? he's no different than Rich Kotite as far as being a head coach when it comes to wins and losses. you tell me what the difference is, and why some people feel he shouldn't be fired.

Rich Kotite should have been fired long before he was, was that because he was black? ;) I'm sure you weren't making any comments about Kotite being white when he should have been fired but wasn't. Your comparison proves my point.

kswheels
12-20-2008, 04:09 PM
It's all good man. heated debating is what this place is all about. :thumb:

I never took it personally. :)

I tend to uh...foot in mouth disease. LOL.

12-20-2008, 04:11 PM
Rich Kotite should have been fired long before he was, was that because he was black? ;) I'm sure you weren't making any comments about Kotite being white when he should have been fired but wasn't. Your comparison proves my point.

They're equally incompetent. Kotite never got the benefit of the doubt from the press. he was brutally ass raped by the NY press on a daily basis. Herm, not so much. thank god for Whitlock, he's given Herm more grief in 1 month in KC than he got his entire career by the NY press. I wonder why?

tomahawk kid
12-20-2008, 04:12 PM
Sounds like if Clark gives him next year's salary, he's out the door to me.......

dirk digler
12-20-2008, 04:21 PM
Since this report came out I just wish they would fire him tonight and let's move on.

This off-season is going to be exciting to say the least

FringeNC
12-20-2008, 04:22 PM
Name one NFL HC [or even OC or DC] who knows less Xs and Os than Herm. Name one HC in NFL history who knows less Xs and Os than Herm.

Two questions arise from that if you can't name anyone:

1) How did Herm get a job as an NFL HC?
2) Might it be problematic for an NFL HC to know so little about Xs and Os?

cdcox
12-20-2008, 04:28 PM
Name one HC in NFL history who knows less Xs and Os than Herm.

Easy. Frank Ganz.

RippedmyFlesh
12-20-2008, 04:28 PM
Name one NFL HC [or even OC or DC] who knows less Xs and Os than Herm. Name one HC in NFL history who knows less Xs and Os than Herm.

Thats the key.at least if he was a DC first he would have been exposed.
He slipped through the cracks.

RippedmyFlesh
12-20-2008, 04:30 PM
Easy. Frank Ganz.
id say thats a push

FringeNC
12-20-2008, 04:31 PM
Easy. Frank Ganz.

Toss up.

dirk digler
12-20-2008, 04:34 PM

Rod Marinelli?

FringeNC
12-20-2008, 04:36 PM
A blast from the past:

NY Times
January 11, 1987

FRANK GANSZ was named the Kansas City Chiefs' head coach last night. The 48-year-old Gansz succeeds John Mackovic, who was dismissed Thursday despite the Chiefs' 10-6 regular-season record in his fourth season and Kansas City's first playoff appearance in 15 years.

Gansz, considered a favorite of the Chiefs players, coached the special teams last season, a unit given much of the credit for the Chiefs' success. He had resigned Wednesday, saying he was seeking a job as an offensive coordinator as a steppingstone to a head coaching job.

Several Chiefs players had met Thursday with Jack Steadman, the Chief's president, at the home of the team's place-kicker, Nick Lowery, to complain about the loss of Gansz.

General Manager Jim Schaaf said Gansz was uniquely qualified to coach the Chiefs.

''I am flattered and honored about being chosen to coach the Kansas City Chiefs and I am very excited about having the opportunity to be a head coach,'' Gansz said. ''I think all of our players are winners right now and that will be our objective.''

RippedmyFlesh
12-20-2008, 04:39 PM
I think at a college you have herm recruit, talk to donors...and talk to kids during the game and delegate to oc and dc playcalling.
That would work. Maybe...

Big Chief Homer
12-20-2008, 04:41 PM
[QUOTE=splatbass;5313735]Herm's race has never been an issue with the Chiefs. It has nothing to do with whether or not he is fired, and no one had even mentioned it. until you. You brought race into a situation where it wasn't necessary, it seems to me that it is you who have a problem with race, not Clark Hunt or anyone else involved.

The only race we should care about is who gets to the exit first,Herm, Curl or Gun.

RippedmyFlesh
12-20-2008, 04:48 PM
[quote=FringeNC;5313804]A blast from the past:
I was so wrong on that.
I drank that kool aide and thought ganz would have a run like marty ended up having.

chiefzilla1501
12-20-2008, 05:03 PM
John Harbaugh walked in with a very similar resume, and Tony Sparano walked into Miami without any coordinator experience. Gruden and Tomlin walked in with a lot less experience coaching on the pro level. Mike McCarthy was a lousy coordinator but isn't a bad head coach so far with Green Bay. The difference is that those guys were surrounded by good players and good assistant coaches. Tomlin has Lebeau, Harbaugh has Rex Ryan, Sparano has Dan Henning.

I'm not convinced that HC is at all about X's and O's anymore. It's become more of a management role. The coordinators are doing most of the X's and O's. That's why more and more GMs are hiring younger GMs who have close to no coordinating experience.

chiefzilla1501
12-20-2008, 05:11 PM
For the 100th time, I've never criticized anyone who questions Herm's game management or time management responsibilities. That's definitely an achilles heel and it may have cost the Chiefs a few games this season... arguably.

I know that Herm has a hand in this mess. But again, the blame is not equal from Carl Peterson down. Carl Peterson is the most accountable by far. The main reason this team sucks now is because of lousy decisions made between 1999-2005 before Herm came into town, when Peterson decided to extend contracts to old veterans and did a lousy job drafting good young players. The second main reason it sucks is because the team didn't choose to blow up the team until 2008, and it appears that Peterson was the main guy holding that up. The third main reason is game management.

Don't be mistaken: Herm cost the Chiefs a few wins this season, but even with a good coach, we only had the talent to be a 5-win or 6-win team. That's because of the poor decisions Peterson has made over a 10-year span. So while Herm deserves blame for not having 5 or 6 wins (instead of 2), Carl Peterson is the guy to blame for not having a team that has playoff potential.

[ I still sympathize with the man because we've heard too many stories over the past few weeks about how Herm wanted to do things and then got railroaded by Carl Peterson.

I'm ready to move on. I never thought Herm was a Super Bowl coach, but I was willing to give him that chance. But I could see why he's burnt out. Ever since 2006, he's been a scapegoat in Kansas City. Let's face the truth: for some weird reason, when we started losing games in 2006, the shouts for Herm Edwards' head were far louder than the shouts for Peterson's head.

Railroaded by Carl?Maybe Carl new all along Herm could not rebuild this team.I firmly believe Peterson hired Herm as another lapdog and was surprised when it didn't sit and stay but turned and bit him.

Carl is not responsible for the horrendous time management,playcalling and game time adjustments.That falls squarely on the head coach and coordinators.

The demise of this team falls on ALL of their shoulders from Carl down to phiefer(sp?).Herms approach was current he just does not have the ability to make it work.Thats why they must all go.

kstater
12-20-2008, 05:21 PM
This Where is

KC Fish
Chiefzilla
SensibleChief
DaneMcCloud
Zouk

Whom am I forgetting?

Petzg

splatbass
12-20-2008, 05:32 PM
They're equally incompetent. Kotite never got the benefit of the doubt from the press. he was brutally ass raped by the NY press on a daily basis. Herm, not so much. thank god for Whitlock, he's given Herm more grief in 1 month in KC than he got his entire career by the NY press. I wonder why?

I don't think that Herm got a pass from the NY press. If he had it easier than Kotite (which is debatable) it was because he had a personality that they liked, and was always good for a soundbite. Kotite had no personality whatsoever, and came across as fairly hostile to the press.

milkman
12-20-2008, 05:33 PM
For the 100th time, I've never criticized anyone who questions Herm's game management or time management responsibilities. That's definitely an achilles heel and it may have cost the Chiefs a few games this season... arguably.

I know that Herm has a hand in this mess. But again, the blame is not equal from Carl Peterson down. Carl Peterson is the most accountable by far. The main reason this team sucks now is because of lousy decisions made between 1999-2005 before Herm came into town, when Peterson decided to extend contracts to old veterans and did a lousy job drafting good young players. The second main reason it sucks is because the team didn't choose to blow up the team until 2008, and it appears that Peterson was the main guy holding that up. The third main reason is game management.

Don't be mistaken: Herm cost the Chiefs a few wins this season, but even with a good coach, we only had the talent to be a 5-win or 6-win team. That's because of the poor decisions Peterson has made over a 10-year span. So while Herm deserves blame for not having 5 or 6 wins (instead of 2), Carl Peterson is the guy to blame for not having a team that has playoff potential.

I still have a couple of problems here.

If you, in fact, believe that Herman fucking Edwards has cost the Chiefs games this season becuase of his poor in game coaching, why, even if you believe that Carl is solely responsible for the mess the team has become, would you want to retain him for another season?

If he, after 7 years as a HC is still making the same mistakes he made in his first season as a HC, then it is painfully obvious he is incapable of learning from his mistakes.

Second, why do you always post your thoughts ahead of the posts you quote?

chiefs1111
12-20-2008, 05:41 PM
[QUOTE=FringeNC;5313778]Name one NFL HC [or even OC or DC] who knows less Xs and Os than Herm. Name one HC in NFL history who knows less Xs and Os than Herm.

Rich Kotite

chiefzilla1501
12-20-2008, 05:44 PM
I still have a couple of problems here.

If you, in fact, believe that Herman ****ing Edwards has cost the Chiefs games this season becuase of his poor in game coaching, why, even if you believe that Carl is solely responsible for the mess the team has become, would you want to retain him for another season?

If he, after 7 years as a HC is still making the same mistakes he made in his first season as a HC, then it is painfully obvious he is incapable of learning from his mistakes.

Second, why do you always post your thoughts ahead of the posts you quote?

First, when we say that he's a poor in-game manager, I think that's a matter of us disagreeing with his conservative philosophy. So when we say "mistakes", I think that word is misleading. He's not making mistakes. He's just very conservative in philosophy. Arguably, with a better defense, some of those conservative decisions would have panned out just fine.

More importantly, I've said multiple times that I don't think he has the make-up to be a Super Bowl coach. I have never, ever said he deserves beyond 2009 unless he proves beyond a reasonable doubt that he is a Super Bowl calibre coach. And I have never once said it would be a bad decision to fire him if the GM thinks this team should move in another direction.

For as much of a "Herm ball washer" reputation as I've developed, people obviously aren't reading anything I'm saying. I don't have a problem with the Chiefs getting rid of Herm. But I don't think he deserves the extent of the criticism he gets/

Hammock Parties
12-20-2008, 05:48 PM
Herm's not making mistakes? He just needs a better defense?

When you make decisions that blow up in your face because you don't understand the capabilities of your football team (i.e. you play like you have a better defense than you actually do), YOU MADE A BAD FUCKING MISTAKE.

Stop making excuses for Herm. He has come to Kansas City and achieved an EPIC level of failure.

milkman
12-20-2008, 05:53 PM
First, when we say that he's a poor in-game manager, I think that's a matter of us disagreeing with his conservative philosophy. So when we say "mistakes", I think that word is misleading. He's not making mistakes. He's just very conservative in philosophy. Arguably, with a better defense, some of those conservative decisions would have panned out just fine.

More importantly, I've said multiple times that I don't think he has the make-up to be a Super Bowl coach. I have never, ever said he deserves beyond 2009 unless he proves beyond a reasonable doubt that he is a Super Bowl calibre coach. And I have never once said it would be a bad decision to fire him if the GM thinks this team should move in another direction.

For as much of a "Herm ball washer" reputation as I've developed, people obviously aren't reading anything I'm saying. I don't have a problem with the Chiefs getting rid of Herm. But I don't think he deserves the extent of the criticism he gets/

Playing not to lose is a mistake when you don't have a defense to support that philosophy.

But what I'm trying to find out is why you would support keeping him for one more year if you believe that he isn't a SB calibre coach.

What's the point?

Do you believe that a SB calibre coach is incapable of building a team from the ground up.

kstater
12-20-2008, 05:57 PM

ROFL

DeezNutz
12-20-2008, 05:59 PM
With a better defense? Who is at fault for the defense sucking?

Herm's a "defensive coach" (read: this is ****ing joke). His D-line is comprised of a lot of first-day picks, and Edwards is, allegedly, an astute judge of talent. What's the problem?

Everyone knew the offense was going to be terrible going into this season. That's no surprise, although Herm must bear the brunt for placing his hopes in Croyle. When he surprisingly was hurt again, Herm lost a leg. When Edwards oversaw the second coming of the 32 defense, his final leg was chopped out from under him.

Good-bye, Herm. You seem like a good dude, but you have to go.

DeezNutz
12-20-2008, 06:02 PM
GoChiefs isn't a virgin. He just needs a snatch wrapped around his cock.

Hammock Parties
12-20-2008, 06:06 PM
GoChiefs isn't a virgin. He just needs a snatch wrapped around his cock.

First, when we say that he's a virgin, I think that's a matter of us disagreeing with his non-fucking philosophy. So when we say "virgin", I think that word is misleading. He's not going to fuck anything that moves. He's just very choosy. Arguably, with better game, some of the girls he chose to fuck would have panned out just fine.

More importantly, I've said multiple times that I don't think he has the make-up to be a real ladies man. I have never, ever said he deserves to live beyond 2009 unless he proves beyond a reasonable doubt that he is a ladies man.

DeezNutz
12-20-2008, 06:07 PM
First, when we say that he's a virgin, I think that's a matter of us disagreeing with his non-****ing philosophy. So when we say "virgin", I think that word is misleading. He's not going to **** anything that moves. He's just very choosy. Arguably, with better game, some of the girls he chose to **** would have panned out just fine.

More importantly, I've said multiple times that I don't think he has the make-up to be a real ladies man. I have never, ever said he deserves to live beyond 2009 unless he proves beyond a reasonable doubt that he is a ladies man.

:clap:

Well played.

HemiEd
12-20-2008, 06:09 PM

I don't like the dumb shit label for Clark Hunt. :cuss:

Lets see, how long was Herm in NY? Longer than in KC I believe.

HemiEd
12-20-2008, 06:12 PM
Herm is a buddy of Carl ..... i haven't seen one of his buddies yet that wasn't a arrogant,lying sack of crap.

How would you like to be a buddy of Herm's?

Herm was supposed to be friends with DV as well.

HemiEd
12-20-2008, 06:28 PM

ROFL

SAUTO
12-20-2008, 06:29 PM
Herm May Be Burned Out!!!

I Would LOVE to be in line at ONE ARROWHEAD DR. with torch in hand if that would get him out of town

and its NOT about his race, its about HIS LACK OF COACHING SKILLS

whoman69
12-20-2008, 06:56 PM

I think he deserves every bit of criticism he gets. He is the one that came up with the conservative scheme. That is the worst part of his being a coach, he's living in the 1970's. I think he has some motivational and scouting ability, but he just doesn't have the X's and O's to run a team. He should have been a scouting director.

He has proved beyond a reasonable doubt he is not a Super Bowl calibre coach. If the new GM think that we should not move in a new direction then we got the wrong guy. When you go backwards from a 4-12 team, you're not going in the right direction.

I'd be burned out too. All those losses have to be taxing on a guy. Guess what, most fans are burned out on him.

DaneMcCloud
12-20-2008, 07:03 PM
This Where is

KC Fish
Chiefzilla
SensibleChief
DaneMcCloud
Zouk

Whom am I forgetting?

I'm done arguing with you about this issue.

All I can say is be careful what you wish for, young lady.

Hank Stram>Paul Wiggin>Tom Bettis

Marv Levy>John Mackovic>Frank Ganz

Marty Schottenheimer>Gunther Cunningham

Dick Vermeil>Herm Edwards <> ?

JuicesFlowing
12-20-2008, 07:17 PM
Kind of ironic that Herm would get burned out just as things are seemingly getting "better" ... but since he's directly involved with the GM, it's not quite the same for him.

unothadeal
12-20-2008, 07:22 PM
It wouldn't be a smart move for the new GM to keep Herm in terms of fan support. Therefore Herm is gonzo

beach tribe
12-20-2008, 07:34 PM
Where's chiefzilla, and nonSensible Chiefs fan to tell us this will be a huge loss for us? I can't wait for this piece of shit to be gone. It will literally be the best day for Chiefs fans in quite some time.

milkman
12-20-2008, 07:40 PM
I'm done arguing with you about this issue.

All I can say is be careful what you wish for, young lady.

Hank Stram>Paul Wiggin>Tom Bettis

Marv Levy>John Mackovic>Frank Ganz

Marty Schottenheimer>Gunther Cunningham

Dick Vermeil>Herm Edwards <> ?

It is possible, albeit unliklely, that whoever replaces Herman ****ing Edwards could turn out to be worse that Herman ****ing Edwards.

But you can't make these decisions based on the fear of failure.

You can't move forward if you're afraid to take a step.

Without risk, there can be no reward.

Buehler445
12-20-2008, 07:43 PM
It is possible, albeit unliklely, that whoever replaces Herman ****ing Edwards could turn out to be worse that Herman ****ing Edwards.

But you can't make these decisions based on the fear of failure.

You can't move forward if you're afraid to take a step.

Without risk, there can be no reward.

Very valid point. It's like not driving to work because you might wreck. The risk/reward is much better with going to work.

Frazod
12-20-2008, 07:48 PM
I honestly don't think that Herm is worse than Vermeil. With the talent we had from 2003-2005, to have exactly zero playoff wins to show for that.... that's just inexcusable. The bad drafts, the stupid personnel moves, his refusal to shitcan horrible players - I don't know if even Herm would be capable of squandering on that scale.

I hate Dick Vermeil.

Hammock Parties
12-20-2008, 07:49 PM
I honestly don't think that Herm is worse than Vermeil. With the talent we had from 2003-2005, to have exactly zero playoff wins to show for that.... that's just inexcusable. The bad drafts, the stupid personnel moves, his refusal to shitcan horrible players - I don't know if even Herm would be capable of squandering on that scale.

I hate Dick Vermeil.

Dick knew something about X's and O's.

Herm knows something about hot air.

Frazod
12-20-2008, 07:51 PM
Dick knew something about X's and O's.

Herm knows something about hot air.

Bottom line - one playoff appearance, zero wins.

Who had more to work with?

I don't like either one of them. But I merely want Herm fired; I want Vermeil fed through a fucking woodchipper.

DeezNutz
12-20-2008, 08:00 PM

I hate Dick Vermeil.

This is almost like arguing about which turd smells worse.

For what it's worth, Herm has done far less long-term damage to this franchise than what Grandpa (aided by Carl) did during his run.

Hammock Parties
12-20-2008, 08:02 PM

For what it's worth, Herm has done far less long-term damage to this franchise than what Grandpa (aided by Carl) did during his run.

This is true.

Personally I just hate Herm more because

A) He doesn't win
B) His attitude sucks
C) I really believed in him

DeezNutz
12-20-2008, 08:06 PM
This is true.

A) He doesn't win
B) His attitude sucks

I, too, was a Herm believer. My awakening, however, came when we gave up back-to-back 300 yard games on the ground. It was then that I realized that everything Herm was trying to do with this team was an utter failure.

I had tried to make excuses for him for much of what had happened before. Croyle, game management, but the D, the fucking terrible D, cannot be overlooked or excused.

Hammock Parties
12-20-2008, 08:07 PM
I, too, was a Herm believer. My awakening, however, came when we gave up back-to-back 300 yard games on the ground. It was then that I realized that everything Herm was trying to do with this team was an utter failure.

I had tried to make excuses for him for much of what had happened before. Croyle, game management, but the D, the fucking terrible D, cannot be overlooked or excused.

There are just too many negatives at this point for him to be considered a good coach.

With Vermeil even in year one you could see the offense was going to be good.

dirk digler
12-20-2008, 08:08 PM
This is true.

A) He doesn't win
B) His attitude sucks

A) True
B) That is BS. I think he has a positive attitude or did have
C) Your were a idiot

DeezNutz
12-20-2008, 08:09 PM
There are just too many negatives at this point for him to be considered a good coach.

With Vermeil even in year one you could see the offense was going to be good.

And that's the point. Vermeil arrived and said we'd score points and have a heck of an offense. We did.

Herm arrived and said we'd have a heck of a defense. Three years later, this facet of the game is a joke. Good-bye.

DeezNutz
12-20-2008, 08:10 PM
A) True
C) Your were a idiot

I believe he's referring to the fact that it's always everyone else's fault, according to Herm.

dirk digler
12-20-2008, 08:10 PM
And that's the point. Vermeil arrived and said we'd score points and have a heck of an offense. We did.

Herm arrived and said we'd have a heck of a defense. Three years later, this facet of the game is a joke. Good-bye.

Gun said the same thing. He laughed at Greg Robinson's D and then turned around his D was worse.

There is no way Gun should be around as long as he has been.

dirk digler
12-20-2008, 08:12 PM
I believe he's referring to the fact that it's always everyone else's fault, according to Herm.

Ok. That part is true too. I hate the fact that Herm always blames the players. I don't think I ever heard him say it was my fault

DeezNutz
12-20-2008, 08:13 PM
Gun said the same thing. He laughed at Greg Robinson's D and then turned around his D was worse.

There is no way Gun should be around as long as he has been.

No argument. Gun needs to go, too.

milkman
12-20-2008, 08:15 PM
A) True
C) Your were a idiot

Were?

Buehler445
12-20-2008, 08:15 PM

At least Vermeil did something right, he scored some goddamned points.

I would beg to differ about doing more damage. All I hear is that KC has no talent, despite Herm's "eye for talent". When Vermeil left there was still enough talent for Squirmin to FAIL in the playoffs. There is absolutely not that level of talent here right now. Yeah yeah yeah youth blah blah blah, but there is no talent here.

The talent that is here, ESPECIALLY the young talent, MUST have been affected by the ass system we are running and all the freaking losing we've done.

milkman
12-20-2008, 08:18 PM
At least Vermeil did something right, he scored some goddamned points.

I would beg to differ about doing more damage. All I hear is that KC has no talent, despite Herm's "eye for talent". When Vermeil left there was still enough talent for Squirmin to FAIL in the playoffs. There is absolutely not that level of talent here right now. Yeah yeah yeah youth blah blah blah, but there is no talent here.

The talent that is here, ESPECIALLY the young talent, MUST have been affected by the ass system we are running and all the freaking losing we've done.

I think we do have some talent with some of the youth on this team.

Albert, Dorsey, Tank and Turk are all guys that I think are, or still have a chance to be, good NFL players, and a foundation for this team.

They just need some good coaching, and schemes that put them into position to succeed.

Flowers, Carr and Leggett also are part of that group, bit they appear to be the beneficiaries of good coaching already.

beach tribe
12-20-2008, 08:18 PM
Anybody who thinks Herm is as good a coach as DV is an idiot. DV was a bad talent evaluator, and should not have been allowed to make draft picks, that's on Carl for listening to him. DV has a ring, and took two different teams to the Bowl, and if we could have had a decent D we may have went as well. There's no comparison.

the Talking Can
12-20-2008, 08:20 PM
well, according to some people, Herm is so respected around the league that he will be hired the minute we fire him...

right?

he'll get another job easy because everyone else can see that we're firing the next Marv Levy....

right?

Hammock Parties
12-20-2008, 08:21 PM
Ok. That part is true too. I hate the fact that Herm always blames the players. I don't think I ever heard him say it was my fault That's my whole issue. He has no humility whatsoever. He likes to think he does. But he doesn't. He's a flavor clown of a head coach.

DeezNutz
12-20-2008, 08:22 PM
I think we do have some talent with some of the youth on this team.

Albert, Dorsey, Tank and Turk are all guys that I think are, or still have a chance to be, good NFL players, and a foundation for this team.

They just need some good coaching, and schemes that put them into position to succeed.

Flowers, Carr and Leggett also are part of that group, bit they appear to be the beneficiaries of good coaching already.

Add Bowe to the list. Thigpen as a back-up QB. Taylor looks like a back-up lineman. Cottam and Cox. Charles.

There are some pieces here, young ones.

OnTheWarpath15
12-20-2008, 08:24 PM
well, according to some people, Herm is so respected around the league that he will be hired the minute we fire him...

right?

he'll get another job easy because everyone else can see that we're firing the next Marv Levy....

right?

Who said that?

Regardless, iff for some dumbass reason some team WAS willing to hire him, it would only help our cause, as whatever they pay him cuts into what we would owe him.

Example: If he was to get a position coaching job and get paid 750K, Clark would only owe him $2.25M of the $3M he owes him for 2009.

DeezNutz
12-20-2008, 08:28 PM
Who said that?

Regardless, iff for some dumbass reason some team WAS willing to hire him, it would only help our cause, as whatever they pay him cuts into what we would owe him.

Example: If he was to get a position coaching job and get paid 750K, Clark would only owe him $2.25M of the $3M he owes him for 2009.

Our cause? I guess easing the burden on Clark's wallet might make him more willing to fork over the dough for something else, but I don't see how Herm's future employment is any concern for Chiefs or fans.

Unless, of course, he gets a position with some substantial responsibilities within another organization. This might help our wins and losses.

Buehler445
12-20-2008, 08:29 PM
Who said that?

That sack of horseshit makes $3 fucking MILLION??!?! HOLY BALLS! I'll lose all the games and act like an ass for 1/10 of that!

OnTheWarpath15
12-20-2008, 08:33 PM
Our cause? I guess easing the burden on Clark's wallet might make him more willing to fork over the dough for something else, but I don't see how Herm's future employment is any concern for Chiefs or fans.

Unless, of course, he gets a position with some substantial responsibilities within another organization. This might help our wins and losses.

Exactly my thinking.

Anything Clark saves may go to helping the team elsewhere, and I could only hope we had his new team on the schedule in 2009...

the Talking Can
Who said that?

dane

OnTheWarpath15
dane

Really?

Jesus, he's gone off the deep end.

DeezNutz
12-20-2008, 08:34 PM
Exactly my thinking.

Anything Clark saves may go to helping the team elsewhere, and I could only hope we had his new team on the schedule in 2009...

Now this would be a beautiful thing.

dirk digler
12-20-2008, 08:34 PM
That's my whole issue. He has no humility whatsoever. He likes to think he does. But he doesn't. He's a flavor clown of a head coach.

Very true. He pissed me off the first day when he was making fun of DV's offense and was acting like it was really bad or something.

Hammock Parties
12-20-2008, 08:35 PM
Dane was the one saying months ago that Clark didn't give a shit about football and was an asshole, etc, saying he hated Clark bla bla bla. Now Carl is fired and Herm looks to be on his way out, all because of Clark. Clearly Dane was wrong about Clark Hunt.

OnTheWarpath15
12-20-2008, 08:36 PM
Dane was the one saying months ago that Clark didn't give a shit about football and was an asshole, etc, saying he hated Clark bla bla bla. Now Carl is fired and Herm looks to be on his way out, all because of Clark. Clearly Dane was wrong about Clark Hunt.

To be fair, a lot of people piled on Clark before this past week, not just Dane.

dirk digler
12-20-2008, 08:37 PM
Who said that?

There is no doubt if Herm got canned he would be hired fairly quickly by some team but not as a head coach.

That all depends if he would take it. He might want to take off a year and relax and recharge the batteries and get paid.

Mecca
12-20-2008, 08:38 PM
To be fair, a lot of people piled on Clark before this past week, not just Dane.

Now Dane is taking the defend Herm approach which is bizarre.

Hammock Parties
12-20-2008, 08:39 PM
To be fair, a lot of people piled on Clark before this past week, not just Dane. Dane was the one saying he had "sources" who "knew" Clark who said he didn't give a crap about football. But you're right. It appears ALL of them were wrong.