2. Brian Cushing: LB USC
3. Juquin Iglesias WR OU
4. Dominique Johnson CB Jackson St.
5. Hunter Cantwell QB Louisville
6. Tyrone Green OG Auburn
7. Antone Smith RB Flordia State

FloridaMan88
12-20-2008, 11:01 AM
So you have the Chiefs not addressing the QB situation until the 5th round with Hunter Cantwell?

Does that mean you think the Chiefs are going to add a potential starting QB via free agency such as Matt Cassel?

Or do you think the Chiefs are going to enter 2009 with their QB hopes tied to the likes of Thigpen and Hunter Cantwell?

Pablo
12-20-2008, 11:39 AM
Hunter Cantwell is teh major sux.

I wouldn't even waste a 5th on the guy.

Extra Point
12-20-2008, 11:47 AM
A friend of mine and I talked about the first pick we should make. He contends we need an OT to get the offense going, I contended we need an MLB to stop the run and help stop the middle pass by coverage or blitz. BPA in every round, or not, we're in the same sad shape we were at the end of last season. Is it that the gaps in the roster are still there, or are the voids in coaching the lines are still there, too? Both? To what degree?

Mecca
12-20-2008, 12:31 PM
Ewww, that is a rather bad draft other than Cushing.

MGRS13
12-20-2008, 02:51 PM
wow with your draft we go from 2 wins in a season to well 2 wins in a season. On the upside we will go from 10 sacks in a year to 11 maybe 11.5.........are you carl? Oh wait no I know, you are Dick Vermiel.

Alphaman
12-20-2008, 05:24 PM
1. Brian Orakpo: DE Texas
2. Brian Cushing: LB USC
3. Juquin Iglesias WR OU
4. Dominique Johnson CB Jackson St.
5. Hunter Cantwell QB Louisville
6. Tyrone Green OG Auburn
7. Antone Smith RB Flordia State

When doing these mocks, you need to identify the following: Who we sign in free agency, where we pick in the draft, and who gets picked ahead of us. Here's mine:

I think we sign Peppers or Suggs in free agency, as well as Dansby and Alex Smith once he is released. I think we beat Cincy after they beat Cleveland this week. The Rams, Seahawks and Raiders lose out so we draft 5th. The draft one through 4 goes like this:

1) Detroit - Stafford QB Georgia
2) Rams - Smith OT Alabama
3) Seahawks - Oher OT Ole Miss
4) Raiders - Crabtree WR Texas Tech

At this point we are on the board. If Bradford comes out we take him, if he doesn't I think we look to trade down. For sake of this mock, I'll assume neither happens but we get the free agents I said:

1) Rey Maualuga - MLB - USC
2) Alex Mack - C - California
3) Derrick Williams - WR - Penn State
4) Dominique Johnson - CB - Jackson St
5) Pannel Egboh - DE - Stanford
6) Louis Vasquez - OG - Texas Tech
7a) Lee Robinson - OLB - Alcorn State
7b) Chase Patton - QB - Mizzou

LiL stumppy
12-20-2008, 05:27 PM
I don't like Brian Cushing. Watched him play awhile back and wasn't impressed.

evolve27
12-20-2008, 05:36 PM
No Aaron Curry in first round. FAIL. :>

eazyb81
12-20-2008, 06:01 PM
When doing these mocks, you need to identify the following: Who we sign in free agency, where we pick in the draft, and who gets picked ahead of us. Here's mine:

I think we sign Peppers or Suggs in free agency, as well as Dansby and Alex Smith once he is released. I think we beat Cincy after they beat Cleveland this week. The Rams, Seahawks and Raiders lose out so we draft 5th. The draft one through 4 goes like this:

1) Detroit - Stafford QB Georgia
2) Rams - Smith OT Alabama
3) Seahawks - Oher OT Ole Miss
4) Raiders - Crabtree WR Texas Tech

At this point we are on the board. If Bradford comes out we take him, if he doesn't I think we look to trade down. For sake of this mock, I'll assume neither happens but we get the free agents I said:

1) Rey Maualuga - MLB - USC
2) Alex Mack - C - California
3) Derrick Williams - WR - Penn State
4) Dominique Johnson - CB - Jackson St
5) Pannel Egboh - DE - Stanford
6) Louis Vasquez - OG - Texas Tech
7a) Lee Robinson - OLB - Alcorn State

I hope you're also assuming that we switch out of the Tampa 2, because Maualuga would be absolutely dreadful as an MLB in that scheme. There's no way a team would take him and expect him to provide the adequate coverage necessary for that position.

Prince22
12-20-2008, 06:07 PM
Hunter Cantwell? I'll never watch another game if we draft this scrub. He's horrible and I still cant figure out why he's projected so high.

Ebolapox
12-20-2008, 06:43 PM
antifreeze should fix that, kid.

OnTheWarpath15
12-20-2008, 06:48 PM
If you're going to wait that long for a QB, why not pick Rhett Bomar or Chase Holbrook?

Both are better late round options than Hunter fucking Cantwell.

whoman69
12-20-2008, 06:49 PM
We certainly have a lot of holes to fill, including the one at HC.

googlegoogle
12-20-2008, 07:16 PM
Disagreee with 3rd pick of OU wr.

Good Olineman might be there. Or even another LBer.

teedubya
12-20-2008, 09:26 PM

WTF?

OnTheWarpath15
12-20-2008, 09:28 PM
WTF?

Actually, several of us would be interested in the Chiefs taking a late round flier on Patton.

From some of the things I've read, scouts are more impressed with him than Daniel.

Could go as high as late 5th, could go undrafted - though I think someone will take him.

Alphaman
12-21-2008, 06:54 AM
I hope you're also assuming that we switch out of the Tampa 2, because Maualuga would be absolutely dreadful as an MLB in that scheme. There's no way a team would take him and expect him to provide the adequate coverage necessary for that position.

I am assuming we take the best MLB in the draft. Fierce tackler (something we've lacked). Where did you get he couldn't play in a cover 2 scheme?