PDA

View Full Version : Food and Drink Bon Appetit

Baby Lee
12-20-2008, 01:38 PM
http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11329497&cm_mmc=BCEmail_370-_-FOCUS-_-28-_-JapaneseWagyuBeef

Frazod
12-20-2008, 01:41 PM
For that kind of money, I'd better be getting blown by Salma Hayek while eating it.

Rain Man
12-20-2008, 01:43 PM
It must be a tough awakening for some cow that has had beer and massages its whole life to suddenly show up at the slaughterhouse. It's like growing up as the king and then having the peasants take you to the guillotine.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-20-2008, 01:43 PM
Nothing says "I love you" like flame broiled beef.

kstater
12-20-2008, 01:44 PM
$150 a lb for a cow that was massaged. Ripoff if you ask me.

RNR
12-20-2008, 01:48 PM
Rich people crack me up! Everything has to be "special" :rolleyes:

BigMeatballDave
12-20-2008, 02:19 PM
How good is this? I'll never be able to afford it, just wondering.

TrebMaxx
12-20-2008, 02:21 PM
As much beer as I drink and "massaging" my, um, member...ah never mind.

triple
12-20-2008, 02:38 PM
$150 a lb for a cow that was massaged. Ripoff if you ask me.

it's a little high by the pound from what i have paid before, but if you have had Wagyu before you understand

i mean the real deal, not the american knockoff that is sometimes sold as Kobe

KCChiefsMan
12-20-2008, 02:42 PM
I think I'll stick to T-Bones and KC Strips

kstater
12-20-2008, 02:47 PM
it's a little high by the pound from what i have paid before, but if you have had Wagyu before you understand

No meat is worth $150/lb. I don't care if it's spoon fed to me by a naked Charleze Theoren, it's not worth it.

KCChiefsMan
12-20-2008, 02:48 PM
No meat is worth $150/lb. I don't care if it's spoon fed to me by a naked Charleze Theoren, it's not worth it.

no $hit, even if I were Warren Buffett, I wouldn't go around spending cash like that. Well maybe once, just to compare it

RJ
12-20-2008, 02:50 PM

No, that would be worth it.....PB&J would be worth $150 a pound in that scenario. Besides, how much could a peanut butter sandwich weigh?

Shag
12-20-2008, 02:51 PM

Agreed. I had Kobe once, and it was unbelievable. Not something I'd spend money on regularly, but I'd recommend any beef lover to splurge at least once in their life...

angelo
12-20-2008, 02:54 PM
Japanese Kobe Beef is fantastic. It has an incredible rich flavor profile. It should only be eaten in small portions 3-4 ounces at a time. I liken it to Foie Gras, a little goes a long way.

I think that Piedmontese Beef is better for steaks. This cattle is from the chianina breed from Italy. They are grass fed with no antibiotics or growth hormones. It is still expensive at $20 a pound. Yet after tasting it nothing comes close to its flavor.

Ang

RJ
12-20-2008, 02:55 PM
Rich people crack me up! Everything has to be "special" :rolleyes:

True. But otherwise, what's the point of being rich?

I'll bet really, really rich people have beef from cows who are even more special than these cows. Cows who look down their noses at these cows. I'm talking $1000 a pound cows.

Infidel Goat
12-20-2008, 02:59 PM
I was going to order it, but it said please allow up to 1 week for delivery.

Oh well...

JuicesFlowing
12-20-2008, 05:55 PM
The decimal point was accidentally moved to the right one too many times. Two too many?

triple
12-20-2008, 06:01 PM
Japanese Kobe Beef is fantastic. It has an incredible rich flavor profile. It should only be eaten in small portions 3-4 ounces at a time. I liken it to Foie Gras, a little goes a long way.

yes - this. of course i wouldn't buy it all the time, but i understand it.

its like a very expensive fine wine. once a year, once every few years, just once to say you've done it.

Delano
12-20-2008, 06:01 PM

I think that Piedmontese Beef is better for steaks. This cattle is from the chianina breed from Italy. They are grass fed with no antibiotics or growth hormones. It is still expensive at $20 a pound. Yet after tasting it nothing comes close to its flavor.

Ang

Have you ever seen a Piedmontese bull? Absolutely stunning animals. They look like reverse panda bears and tend to be incredibly mellow. You can go up to a bull and scratch his head if you are so inclined.

One of my grandparents' neighbors raises some very high quality piedmontese. My grandpa used one of his bulls and crossed it with some black angus cows. Fantastic meat.

http://www.beavercreekpiedmontese.com/hugo2003.jpg

Delano
12-20-2008, 06:06 PM
BTW, they grow that big without injections.

triple
12-20-2008, 06:10 PM
Agreed. I had Kobe once, and it was unbelievable. Not something I'd spend money on regularly, but I'd recommend any beef lover to splurge at least once in their life...

i will say as well that the American kobe is not bad at all. if you have never had either, it will still be the best beef you've ever eaten. they should not charge wagyu prices for american kobe, that's all.

googlegoogle
12-20-2008, 06:25 PM
Japs do some crazy shit do the cow like feed it beer and massage it i think.

Better to let is sit on leather chair and surf the internet like most of us bastards. The marbling which gives us heart disease sure tastes good in cow meat!

angelo
12-20-2008, 06:26 PM
Have you ever seen a Piedmontese bull? Absolutely stunning animals. They look like reverse panda bears and tend to be incredibly mellow. You can go up to a bull and scratch his head if you are so inclined.

One of my grandparents' neighbors raises some very high quality piedmontese. My grandpa used one of his bulls and crossed it with some black angus cows. Fantastic meat.

http://www.beavercreekpiedmontese.com/hugo2003.jpg

I might have to look into to panda bear meat.

Ang

Calcountry
12-20-2008, 06:35 PM
I think I'll stick to T-Bones and KC StripsGrain fed, young, high marbled lamb chops will do just fine for me.

Organically grown by me.

Throat sliced, gutted and split by me.

Cut and wrapped by the meat cutter.

Garnished with some of my own cultivated rosemary sprigs, yum.

Calcountry
12-20-2008, 06:39 PM
$150 a lb for a cow that was massaged. Ripoff if you ask me.No wonder that lady tells Ralphy that there are starving people in China every Christmas.

Bowser
12-20-2008, 09:52 PM

Whoa now. Let's not get carried away....

RNR
12-21-2008, 08:19 AM
True. But otherwise, what's the point of being rich?

I'll bet really, really rich people have beef from cows who are even more special than these cows. Cows who look down their noses at these cows. I'm talking $1000 a pound cows.

:clap:ROFL