PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Will Carl, Herm or Gun ever work in the this league again?

FringeNC
12-21-2008, 05:38 PM
I'd be shocked if any of them did, outside Herm or Carl working in some bogus job in the league office. And I am not talking in the current position, I am talking at any capacity.

ping2000
12-21-2008, 05:43 PM
Subway is looking for fresh talent in their "five dollar foot long" commercials.

RINGLEADER
12-21-2008, 05:45 PM
There's a reason Gunther went from DC to HC to a positions coach. He's never done anything (and certainly nothing in the past decade) to earn the belief that Carl Peterson had in him.

Herm just isn't that good a coach. He's had a couple shots at it and did the same thing Norv Turner and Dave Wannstedt and a bunch of other assistants/coordinator-turned-coaches have done. Namely, taken a playoff team, dismantled it, and left it worse off when they left.

RINGLEADER
12-21-2008, 05:46 PM
Wow...that was too easy for Buffalo...

If the Broncos lose this they're going to get demolished next week at San Diego...they'll be carrying a lot of "we shouldn't be in this position" with them.

It will be a fun game with fights and lots of crying from Cutler...

tk13
12-21-2008, 05:49 PM
I don't know about Gun, he'll have to be a position coach somewhere. Herm will get a job somewhere. If Norv Turner and Wade Phillips can get jobs again... Herm's got a better head coaching resume than either of those guys.... he could probably at least get an asst. HC job somewhere.

FringeNC
12-21-2008, 05:52 PM
I don't know about Gun, he'll have to be a position coach somewhere. Herm will get a job somewhere. If Norv Turner and Wade Phillips can get jobs again... Herm's got a better head coaching resume than either of those guys.... he could probably at least get an asst. HC job somewhere.

Turner has had stints of being a very successful OC between his stints as HC. Herm has no available fall-back skill to rehabilitate his reputation. He's done.

ping2000
12-21-2008, 05:52 PM

No post that shows Gun even the smallest amount of respect can go unchallenged. Gun sucks balls. We can only hope some dumbass gives him a job becuase their defense would suck and we would have a chance to beat them. He is the most over rated piece of crap coach in the NFL.

tk13
12-21-2008, 05:59 PM
Turner has had stints of being a very successful OC between his stints as HC. Herm has no available fall-back skill to rehabilitate his reputation. He's done.
I think he's historically done a fair on defense. His tenure in NY gets remembered as a lot worse than it was because of what's happening here. And that's all people really care about, but if he was doing a job interview, his entire resume isn't nearly as bad as here. He developed far more talent there than here, and he turned a portion of that roster over and brought along several young players like Pennington, Abraham, Ellis. Drafted guys like Cotchery, Moss, Kerry Rhodes, etc.

People are so jaded that's not what they want to hear... but before he came to KC he'd really never been involved in too many bad defenses. He was a part of great defenses in KC, was a coach on Tampa teams that had tremendous defenses, and in NY his defenses were usually pretty good until that final year. And the year after he left, Mangini took that team to the playoffs without that much roster turnover. There are less accomplished people coaching on NFL sidelines.

But that seems to be a common trait in KC, we bring in guys who've had some level of success and it never works out.

tk13
12-21-2008, 06:00 PM
It's the same thing as Peter Giunta, I said it at the time. People were OUTRAGED at him, thought there's no way a joker such as him could ever get another job. Despite the fact he had a good resume... not as a DC, but as a DB coach he was always pretty good. But here it was atrocious. Then last year he was a DB coach on the Super Bowl championship team.

chief52
12-21-2008, 06:04 PM
Carl will retire into the sunset.

Herm will land an assistant position as soon as he leaves the Chiefs. He will have many offers.

Gun will land a LB coaching job I would think. Hell, the Titans may pick him back up.

chiefs1111
12-21-2008, 06:05 PM
Al Davis will hire all three of them......

banyon
12-21-2008, 06:05 PM
I think Herm would make a good DB coach. Or a substitute team bus driver.

Bowser
12-21-2008, 06:06 PM
Sure they will, but it's doubtful if they ever head coach again.

FringeNC
12-21-2008, 06:06 PM
It's the same thing as Peter Giunta, I said it at the time. People were OUTRAGED at him, thought there's no way a joker such as him could ever get another job. Despite the fact he had a good resume... not as a DC, but as a DB coach he was always pretty good. But here it was atrocious. Then last year he was a DB coach on the Super Bowl championship team.

There is an outside chance Gun or Herm could be a position coach, but I am not sure anyone would want them nor that they'd take the job.

Imagine you're a GM. You just fired your head coach. And you trot out to your fan base Herm Edwards as his replacement. There'd be riots.

FringeNC
12-21-2008, 06:08 PM
Gun will land a LB coaching job I would think. Hell, the Titans may pick him back up.

Gun was also LB coach here. He sucked. LBs got worse.

tk13
12-21-2008, 06:09 PM
I don't think he'll be a head coach. I said assistant head coach. I don't think it's that crazy, a lot of people like Herm. The NFL can be a good ol boy network anyway. It's the same thing Herm did in Tampa.

suds79
12-21-2008, 06:09 PM
Carl - No. He's retired.

Herm - Yes. He'll take a year off and then come back as somebody's DC

Gun - Yes. He'll get a job as somebody's LBer coach somewhere.

Just promoted to the point of incompetence that's all IMO.

Hydrae
12-21-2008, 06:11 PM
I think Herm would make a good DB coach. Or a substitute team bus driver.

No way. No team would be comfortable that he wouldn't be running the players over with that bus! ROFL

blueballs
12-21-2008, 06:16 PM
Gun will pair with Jack Harry on channel 38 sports
Herm will end up in INdy in some capacity
Carl will get run over in the Arrowhead parking lot

banyon
12-21-2008, 06:16 PM
No way. No team would be comfortable that he wouldn't be running the players over with that bus! ROFL

ROFL

kansas hawk
12-21-2008, 06:17 PM
i don't think Herm will ever coach again. I would not hire Herm to clean the cat liter box

the Talking Can
12-21-2008, 06:19 PM
i've been told that Herm is respected by the league, so he will be hired immediately by some team that realizes he is the next Marv Levy....

chiefzilla1501
12-21-2008, 06:49 PM
Carl is done, though I wouldn't be surprised if he was asked back into somebody's front office in a non-GM role within a few years.

Gun might be a LBs coach, but I'm thinking he's close to finished.

Herm will coach again and he'll probably be a 9-7 coach if given a stable team. For now, I think he'll probably take a DBs coach.

FringeNC
12-21-2008, 07:30 PM
Carl is done, though I wouldn't be surprised if he was asked back into somebody's front office in a non-GM role within a few years.

Gun might be a LBs coach, but I'm thinking he's close to finished.

Herm will coach again and he'll probably be a 9-7 coach if given a stable team. For now, I think he'll probably take a DBs coach.

It'd have to be a really good team with a recent championship, or no GM could get away with it. For some reason, if Dungy insisted Herm replace him -- maybe, MAYBE Herm could get it, but I have to think the odds of Herm ever being another NFL head coach are extremely low.

LiL stumppy
12-21-2008, 07:44 PM
Herm Yes, Gun, No

EyePod
12-21-2008, 08:00 PM
There's a reason Gunther went from DC to HC to a positions coach. He's never done anything (and certainly nothing in the past decade) to earn the belief that Carl Peterson had in him.

Herm just isn't that good a coach. He's had a couple shots at it and did the same thing Norv Turner and Dave Wannstedt and a bunch of other assistants/coordinator-turned-coaches have done. Namely, taken a playoff team, dismantled it, and left it worse off when they left.

The only thing for Norv was that he lost the incumbent OC and DC.... he is still a tool though.

Frankie
12-21-2008, 08:03 PM
Will Carl, Herm or Gun ever work in the this league again? I'd be shocked if any of them did, outside Herm or Carl working in some bogus job in the league office. And I am not talking in the current position, I am talking at any capacity.

Carl will be Oakland's GM when Al the vampire kicks the bucket. Perfect fit. The same ego-maniacal personality, just a couple of decades younger.

xbarretx
12-21-2008, 08:08 PM
Wow...that was too easy for Buffalo...

If the Broncos lose this they're going to get demolished next week at San Diego...they'll be carrying a lot of "we shouldn't be in this position" with them.

It will be a fun game with fights and lots of crying from Cutler...

ill drink to that F Denver!!!!!! :toast:

milkman
12-21-2008, 08:09 PM
Who cares?

Really.

As long as they never work in KC agaiin, I don't give a rat's ass what they do.

lazepoo
12-21-2008, 08:09 PM
Herm and Gun will both have jobs in the NFL again. Gun did well at Tennessee with their LBs, and Herm is too well liked by players and coaches around the league. I would be willing to bet that Herm will be head coach again somewhere in the next 5 years or so if he hitches to the right wagon.

CoMoChief
12-21-2008, 08:12 PM
Gunther is well respected around the NFL. He will get a job somewhere.

WilliamTheIrish
12-21-2008, 08:15 PM
I don't think Carl will ever work again at anything. Guy has to be loaded.

The other two will definitely land somewhere. It's a big 'ol boy' network for coaches.

milkman
12-21-2008, 08:17 PM
Gunther is well respected around the NFL. He will get a job somewhere.

No he isn't.

formerDB was told by a Steeler coach during the last offseason that Cunther was pretty much a joke throughout the league.

splatbass
12-21-2008, 09:09 PM
CP will get another job if he wants one. As much as we hate him here he is respected in a lot of front offices in this league. Detroit would probably take him, if they would hire Millen (who had never even worked in a front office before) they obviously have very low standards. There are probably a couple of others that would take him. I wouldn't be surprised if he has already received calls.

Brock
12-21-2008, 09:12 PM
I think they're probably all considered jokes in todays NFL.

blueballs
12-21-2008, 09:17 PM
Carl is a money maker
he could be President
for several clubs -to be fair

FringeNC
12-21-2008, 09:19 PM
No he isn't.

formerDB was told by a Steeler coach during the last offseason that ****her was pretty much a joke throughout the league.

I hadn't heard that, but for some reason that doesn't surprise me.

munkey
12-21-2008, 09:19 PM
Carl will be Oakland's GM when Al the vampire kicks the bucket. Perfect fit. The same ego-maniacal personality, just a couple of decades younger.

Trust me...Al HATES Carl....not gonna happen....

DaWolf
12-21-2008, 09:23 PM
Getting a job in the NFL is all about connections. All these guys will get another job somewhere. Hell, if Norv Turner can be handed a team for the third time, I wouldn't be shocked if someone gets suckered into hiring Herm again for the lead job. That being said, if Carl wants he can go to someone's front office as an exec, and Gunther can probably land a position as LB coach somewhere, or hell, maybe Fischer will hire him to take over for Schwartz if Schwartz gets a HC gig, since Gun was there for a few years as LB coach. You never know.

Herm is probably best suited as a DB coach, but when you are over 50 and have made the type of jack Herm has made, I don't foresee him looking to take one of those jobs unless he gets an assistant HC/DB's coach job to work with his buddy Lovie Smith or his buddy Tony Dungy...

Frankie
12-21-2008, 09:31 PM
Trust me...Al HATES Carl....not gonna happen....

Nah, a dead Al won't care.

greg63
12-21-2008, 09:33 PM
Will Carl, Herm or Gun ever work in the this league again?

I sincerely hope not.

DaWolf
12-21-2008, 09:58 PM
I sincerely hope not.

Hey, it would be great for us if they did, if you catch my drift, especially for another AFC West team... :)

Hammock Parties
12-21-2008, 09:59 PM
I want Herm to get another HC gig just so we can go troll message boards and warn the fans of their impending doom.

DaWolf
12-21-2008, 10:00 PM
I want Herm to get another HC gig just so we can go troll message boards and warn the fans of their impending doom.

It's funny, Jets fans warned us of what was coming. Now we know how they felt at the end of Herm's tenure...

greg63
12-21-2008, 10:09 PM
Hey, it would be great for us if they did, if you catch my drift, especially for another AFC West team... :)

You make a good point, but I don't know if I would wish that on any team...except for maybe the Faders. :D

Hammock Parties
12-21-2008, 10:10 PM
It's funny, Jets fans warned us of what was coming. Now we know how they felt at the end of Herm's tenure...

They felt worse. He squandered a real opportunity in NY. That team was loaded.

WilliamTheIrish
12-21-2008, 10:25 PM

Fuck them. Anybody that had a pulse knew what was coming. Anybody that witnessed the Marty era knew exactly what the Herm Edwards hire was.

It was classic Carl, getting another foot shuffling porter. Hell WE laughed at the Jets when they so willingly took Bradway off OUR hands.

FringeNC
12-21-2008, 10:28 PM
**** them. Anybody that had a pulse knew what was coming.

I was one of the most vocal critics of the Herm Edwards hire, and didn't think it could turn out THIS bad, but yeah, it was predictable.

milkman
12-21-2008, 10:32 PM
I was one of the most vocal critics of the Herm Edwards hire, and didn't think it could turn out THIS bad, but yeah, it was predictable.

I just posted my opinion, got it out there, and accepted our sorry fate, except for the fact that I have called him Herman fucking Edwards since.

Reerun_KC
12-21-2008, 10:33 PM
**** them. Anybody that had a pulse knew what was coming. Anybody that witnessed the Marty era knew exactly what the Herm Edwards hire was.

It was classic Carl, getting another foot shuffling porter. Hell WE laughed at the Jets when they so willingly took Bradway off OUR hands.

Well they got the last laugh.... The warned us, but we rioted and lynched them...

Its really been wierd watching these guys morph from the Herm is the savior in the beginning to Herm must go at the end...:shake:

Reerun_KC
12-21-2008, 10:34 PM

Dude no way, I think I have been the most vocal about the shitty hire... I received more neg rep from people whom thought Herm was the savior of the franchise, now those people are trying to lead a charge of firing Herm...

Its actually quite funny.

FringeNC
12-21-2008, 10:41 PM
Dude no way, I think I have been the most vocal about the shitty hire... I received more neg rep from people whom thought Herm was the savior of the franchise, now those people are trying to lead a charge of firing Herm...

Its actually quite funny.

I am one of the most vocal critics. You are THE most vocal critic. :)

Play not to lose football simply doesn't work -- that is why I was so opposed to the hiring.

Reerun_KC
12-21-2008, 10:52 PM
I am one of the most vocal critics. You are THE most vocal critic. :)

Play not to lose football simply doesn't work -- that is why I was so opposed to the hiring.

LMAO

No it doesnt work, it didnt work in 2006 Maricle from the Heavens season and it wont work now... Its outdated and actuallys stopped working in the early 90's...

I was opposed to the hire because it was more of the same as Marty.. You get nothing in return for you investment.

Carl could of saved his reputation and job for years, IF IF and that is a BIG IF, he would of went out side his and Martys little bush and maked a big impact hire of some young coach... But nope, he choked on the quest for mediocrity and here we are, hiding under the false pretense of a so called rebuild with bozo the clown on the sidelines...

unothadeal
12-21-2008, 11:03 PM
I know Carl, Herm and Gunther, but who's Will?

el borracho
12-21-2008, 11:19 PM
I would imagine that any of them could if they wanted but I'm not sure they will. Carl and Gunther are both fairly old and may just retire with their millions. Herm is probably too young to retire so, as bad as he is, he will probably find something- I can't imagine he would be head coach again in the near future but he can probably find something.

Reerun_KC
12-21-2008, 11:20 PM
I would imagine that any of them could if they wanted but I'm not sure they will. Carl and Gunther are both fairly old and may just retire with their millions. Herm is probably too young to retire so, as bad as he is, he will probably find something- I can't imagine he would be head coach again in the near future but he can probably find something.

Probably a Dbacks coach in Tampa... That is about the best case scenerio I could see for Herm...

Hammock Parties
12-21-2008, 11:21 PM

Herm's going to go into TV so we can laugh at him for years to come...

Reerun_KC
12-21-2008, 11:23 PM
Herm's going to go into TV so we can laugh at him for years to come...

I never want to see his face or hear his voice again...

He is pointless...

jjchieffan
12-22-2008, 01:56 AM
Tony Dungy is going to retire and name Herm his successor.

SenselessChiefsFan
12-22-2008, 08:11 AM
I'd be shocked if any of them did, outside Herm or Carl working in some bogus job in the league office. And I am not talking in the current position, I am talking at any capacity.

IF Carl elects NOT to retire, they yes, he will have another job somewhere. I think he is done though. He is very well respected in the league. Remember, the fans opinion is not the same as people in the game.

Herm may not be done here, but if he is... I think he takes a year or two off and then finds his way onto another staff.

Gunther could go back to coaching linebackers again.

SenselessChiefsFan
12-22-2008, 08:13 AM

Loaded? HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA.

That's good stuff, man.

King_Chief_Fan
12-22-2008, 08:30 AM
hopefully the 3 stooges will end up with Denver....would fit right in with those slap sticks

King_Chief_Fan
12-22-2008, 08:32 AM
LMAO

No it doesnt work, it didnt work in 2006 Maricle from the Heavens season and it wont work now... Its outdated and actuallys stopped working in the early 90's...

I was opposed to the hire because it was more of the same as Marty.. You get nothing in return for you investment.

Carl could of saved his reputation and job for years, IF IF and that is a BIG IF, he would of went out side his and Martys little bush and maked a big impact hire of some young coach... But nope, he choked on the quest for mediocrity and here we are, hiding under the false pretense of a so called rebuild with bozo the clown on the sidelines...

It was nothing close to the same as Marty....Marty wins games, Herm does not. With that said, with Marty, been there done that...time to get outside the box.