PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports uugh More Yankee hate

Molitoth
12-21-2008, 07:15 PM
I just saw on ESPN that Manny Ramirez is awaiting an offer from the Yankee's.

Does rivalry mean ANYTHING to these players anymore?
Is it really just all about the money?

I swear if the Yankees get Manny this offseason..... I dunno I will just be speechless and my hate for their piece of shit organization will grow beyond belief.

Actually I just won't watch baseball... they really need a salary cap.

I had to watch Clemmons sell out, and then Damon.... now I gotta watch Manny sell out??? what a bunch of pieces of shit.

Mecca
12-21-2008, 07:17 PM
Um dude, fans care way more about rivalries than players do, they're all friends with each other.

Reaper16
12-21-2008, 07:18 PM
I would be sympathetic to your argument if you weren't (it seems) a fan of the Red Sox, an organization essentially just as bad.

Molitoth
12-21-2008, 07:19 PM
I suppose.

Molitoth
12-21-2008, 07:19 PM
I would be sympathetic to your argument if you weren't (it seems) a fan of the Red Sox, an organization essentially just as bad.

I'm actually a Royals fan first, and a fan of any team playing the Yankee's second.
The Red Sox score many points with me due to this fact.

Demonpenz
12-21-2008, 07:31 PM
yankees won rings when they had homegrown talent. I don't know the dimentions in the new ball park, but I would love to see manny in the yanks uni because he is the worst OF in baseball

MIAdragon
12-21-2008, 07:51 PM
yankees won rings when they had homegrown talent. I don't know the dimentions in the new ball park, but I would love to see manny in the yanks uni because he is the worst OF in baseball

ROFL

MIAdragon
12-21-2008, 07:52 PM

again. ROFL

triple
12-21-2008, 07:52 PM
Does rivalry mean ANYTHING to these players anymore?

why do you think manny is still loyal to Boston after an acrimonious split and them trading him away?

Molitoth
12-21-2008, 07:54 PM
an organization essentially just as bad.

hmmm..

Compare the amount of high salary players BROUGHT into the organizations to the home grown ones between the 2 teams and see what you get.

FloridaMan88
12-21-2008, 07:55 PM
If you left Coca-Cola on somewhat bad terms and Pepsi offered you a big $$$ position would you give a shit that you were going to your former employer's biggest rival?

Bowser
12-21-2008, 07:56 PM
If you left Coca-Cola on somewhat bad terms and Pepsi offered you a big $$$ position would you give a shit that you were going to your former employer's biggest rival?

Pretty much.

That being said - fuck the Yankees.

MIAdragon
12-21-2008, 07:58 PM
why do you think manny is still loyal to Boston after an acrimonious split and them trading him away?

Manny grew up with in sight of Yankee stadium, he was a Yankee fan growing up. As a tru Sox fan while it would be somewhat disappointing seeing him in pinstripes I hold no grudge.

chief52
12-21-2008, 08:02 PM

Now that Bonds has retired I would agree that manny is the worst OF in baseball.

Bonds was so bad his last few years that the grass in left field where Bonds stood is just starting to grow back now. He never moved.

As a Dodger fan, I hope the Dodgers can sign manny to the 2 year offer they have made. Any more than that I think would be a big mistake.

MIAdragon
12-21-2008, 08:10 PM
Now that Bonds has retired I would agree that manny is the worst OF in baseball.

Bonds was so bad his last few years that the grass in left field where Bonds stood is just starting to grow back now. He never moved.

As a Dodger fan, I hope the Dodgers can sign manny to the 2 year offer they have made. Any more than that I think would be a big mistake.

this shit is too rich, please before you label someone as the "worst" do some stat checking.

http://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.aspx?pos=lf&stats=fld&lg=all&qual=y&type=0&season=2008&month=0

beavis
12-21-2008, 09:04 PM
Um dude, fans care way more about rivalries than players do, they're all friends with each other.

Yep. It's not at all like it used to be back in the day. Stupid unions.

MIAdragon
12-21-2008, 09:06 PM

watch a few Sox yanks games, they care.

Dr. Johnny Fever
12-21-2008, 09:50 PM

Umm. Yes.

And last I checked Manny was a Dodger not a Red Sock so that whole rivalry thing means nothing to him anyway.

kcxiv
12-21-2008, 10:20 PM
Umm. Yes.

And last I checked Manny was a Dodger not a Red Sock so that whole rivalry thing means nothing to him anyway.

As someone said before. He grew up a Yankee fan and right there at the stadium. Teams have been trading teams for years in all sports.

For the players its a business first. Same with the Coaches unless you are Marty Schottenheimer.

Buck
12-21-2008, 11:35 PM
I just heard that its 3 years 75 million

Basileus777
12-21-2008, 11:38 PM
A 3 year deal isn't terrible; but 25 mil a year for a 36 year old DH (assuming they trade Matsui if they sign him.) I don't really fancy our bad our defense would be with our current roster + Manny in the outfield....

chief52
12-21-2008, 11:47 PM
this shit is too rich, please before you label someone as the "worst" do some stat checking.

http://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.aspx?pos=lf&stats=fld&lg=all&qual=y&type=0&season=2008&month=0

I have watched him play...and Bonds as well. Not sure what your link is designed to prove.

If you do not get to a ball you are not charged with an error...

chief52
12-22-2008, 08:05 AM

This shit is too rich...

Have you done your homework yet MIA? Still waiting for you to do your research. Start popping up lines like " this shit is too rich..." and you should have at least a small clue as to what you are talking about.

So far I guess your silence speaks to your ignorance.

Dylan
12-22-2008, 08:16 AM

:D

MIAdragon
12-22-2008, 09:11 AM
This shit is too rich...

Have you done your homework yet MIA? Still waiting for you to do your research. Start popping up lines like " this shit is too rich..." and you should have at least a small clue as to what you are talking about.

So far I guess your silence speaks to your ignorance.

Ill get back to this later.....

MIAdragon
12-22-2008, 09:32 AM
No, Ramirez doesn't have the best range or strongest arm. However, his defense is not a liability. He made fewer errors than 9 LFs every season. He had more outfield assists than Carlos Lee, Carlos Quentin or Adam Dunn, players never mentioned alongside Manny as equally poor if not Inferior fielders. Is he excellent in the field? Not at all. But he is at least middle of the pack, if not better. Ive watched just about every game he's played in a Sox uni while he wont win the 8 gold glove Bonds has Manny has received a bad rap when it comes to his defense.

MIAdragon
12-22-2008, 09:46 AM
2008: (ZR, RF)
Bay: .777, 1.75 (10th of 11, 10th of 11)
Ramirez: .807, 1.82 (8th of 11, 9th of 11)

chief52
12-22-2008, 06:21 PM
No, Ramirez doesn't have the best range or strongest arm. However, his defense is not a liability. He made fewer errors than 9 LFs every season. He had more outfield assists than Carlos Lee, Carlos Quentin or Adam Dunn, players never mentioned alongside Manny as equally poor if not Inferior fielders. Is he excellent in the field? Not at all. But he is at least middle of the pack, if not better. Ive watched just about every game he's played in a Sox uni while he wont win the 8 gold glove Bonds has Manny has received a bad rap when it comes to his defense.

I can go with that. My saying he was the worst was an exaggeration. There are worse, but I do not see him as average. He just does not seem to get a jump on the ball and he surely does not have much range or arm strength. In his defense, his mistakes are much more amplified by ESPN etc... While I hope the Dodgers sign Manny for 2 years I think it would be a big mistake for an NL team to sign him for any longer without the luxury of being able to pencil him in at the DH position.