PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Quote from Dolphins CB about Chiefs...this should be fun

NIUhuskies
12-22-2008, 09:29 AM
Dolphins cornerback Andre Goodman

"I thought at 10-0, and this is me being me having played on some bad teams, at 10-0 I thought they were going to fold," said Goodman, who spent his first four years with the Detroit Lions. "But nothing on film said that. Those guys have been competing week in and week out and they've been so close in so many games, it just so happened they came out on the short end just like today. It shows you the character of that team and the character of that coach. They're going to compete until the end and they gave us their best today but our offense came up big."

http://miamidolphins.com/newsite/news/fromthegame.asp?docid=40312

bkkcoh
12-22-2008, 09:33 AM
Well, you do have to admit, there haven't been too many times in which they have quit this year. That is a great quality to have in a team.

It would have been nice if they would have have some victories, instead of the moral type this year.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-22-2008, 09:33 AM
So....the moral is "keep Herm"????

ULTRA-meh.

banyon
12-22-2008, 09:35 AM
We're the scarecrow in Oz. We've got heart but no brains. We try hard, but don't have enough competence to make the right adjustments in the second half.

DaWolf
12-22-2008, 10:06 AM
No one doubts Herm is a great motivator. But he's not a Mr. Scheme like Billy B or Shanarat, and he surrounds himself with idiots as coaches, so you get what you get. Sure, we never give up, but we also never stop the run, never sack the QB, never stop a big 3rd down conversion, and never make 2nd half adjustments on offense.

But install a new coach who will bring in good assistants, instill toughness in this team, and bring in some new players, and it's easy to see how this could be next year's Atlanta or Miami, teams who lost games last year that they are finding ways to win this year...

Brock
12-22-2008, 10:08 AM
Who didn't know they were going to lose? I knew, just as I knew I'd see Herm's open-mouthed "wha hoppen" look on my TV when Miami went ahead.

kc rush
12-22-2008, 10:16 AM
Who didn't know they were going to lose? I knew, just as I knew I'd see Herm's open-mouthed "wha hoppen" look on my TV when Miami went ahead.

Calling Reerun

Rausch
12-22-2008, 10:17 AM
Just like every other week they found a way to keep it respectable under "the character of that coach. "

RippedmyFlesh
12-22-2008, 10:19 AM
Just because we have some good character players who will always play hard regardless of who is coaching them doesn't mean keep herm.

Rausch
12-22-2008, 10:20 AM
No one doubts Herm is a great motivator.

I do.

Marty motivated wins. Regular season only, but he got at least that much done.

Herm's done squat HERE. Here is all that matters to me. Here under Herm is every year worse than the one before.

Dartgod
12-22-2008, 10:24 AM
We're the scarecrow in Oz. We've got heart but no brains. We try hard, but don't have enough competence to make the right adjustments in the second half.
And Carl was the Wizard.

Do not arouse the wrath of the great and powerful Oz. I said come back tomorrow.

You people should consider yourselves lucky that I'm granting you an audience tomorrow instead of 20 years from now.

And last, but not least...

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.

chop
12-22-2008, 10:24 AM
I do.

Herm's done squat HERE. Here is all that matters to me. Here under Herm is every year worse than the one before.

I agree.

Raider week was huge for a Marty coached team.

blueballs
12-22-2008, 10:55 AM
a 2-12 team gave them all they could handle
for 3 1/2 quarters
he would be retarted saying otherwise

12-22-2008, 10:59 AM
Who didn't know they were going to lose? I knew, just as I knew I'd see Herm's open-mouthed "wha hoppen" look on my TV when Miami went ahead.Hell as soon as the second half started I could SMELL the loss coming.

Reerun_KC
12-22-2008, 11:22 AM
Calling Reerun

Leave me alone!:cuss:

:D

ping2000
12-22-2008, 11:24 AM
Name an opposing team or player that wants Herm or Gun fired? Of course these people love Herm. Guarenteed win!

DaWolf
12-22-2008, 11:24 AM
I do.

I don't think that was what Marty did. I think Marty's greatest strength as a coach was instilling toughness and discipline in his players and coaching the most out of them. That's what good coaches do, it goes far beyond motivation. Hell, the players rolled their eyes at some of his corny speeches.

Herm by all accounts is a good motivator, he can get his guys up for a game and get them to run through a brick wall for him. Hell, they're still singing his praises in the locker room, and he's a popular guy with the players around the league. But he's soft, he surrounds himself with bad coaches, he makes bad strategic calls, and he can't get his players to play disciplined and maintain their assignments week in and week out, as evidenced by the big plays we keep giving up.

kc rush
12-22-2008, 12:09 PM
Leave me alone!:cuss:

:D

The sig pic needed to be in this thread somewhere.

Mecca
12-22-2008, 12:11 PM
Why is it when you suck in this market you'll get defended more than someone who won games?

I don't think Vermiel was great but he got a ton more results than Herm has and people talk like he was a babbling monkey yet Herm isn't "that bad".

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-22-2008, 12:12 PM
Why is it when you suck in this market you'll get defended more than someone who won games?

I don't think Vermiel was great but he got a ton more results than Herm has and people talk like he was a babbling monkey yet Herm isn't "that bad".

ROFL Point.

lazepoo
12-22-2008, 12:13 PM

I agree. After Gun and Martyball, DV was a breath of fresh air. If our D could have just been mediocre, we would have had a shot at a super bowl.

Mecca
12-22-2008, 12:14 PM
If anything the fact that the Chiefs are playing half their team out of position is enough of a reason to fire that whole unit out there.

They've been asking Bernard Pollard to do shit he can't do for 3 years now.

suds79
12-22-2008, 12:16 PM
You know if teams were measured on their ability to not quit instead of wins & losses I guess we'd be pretty good huh?

BFD on not quitting. That just means we suck even more considering we haven't quit and have only 2 wins to show for it.

EyePod
12-22-2008, 12:27 PM
Well, you do have to admit, there haven't been too many times in which they have quit this year. That is a great quality to have in a team.

It would have been nice if they would have have some victories, instead of the moral type this year.

If you have a quality team and don't win, the only people that I could think to blame would be the coaching.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-22-2008, 12:33 PM
If you have a quality team and don't win, the only people that I could think to blame would be the coaching.

Yep.

It's so bad, most people can't really even measure how bad it is. A great coach, coords, and specialty coaches can make all the difference in the world.
If we get the right kind, I'd wager we'll see massive improvement and very quickly at that.