PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs If we are drafting a QB anyway..

Frankie
12-22-2008, 10:23 AM
I hope we won't even think of Stafford unless we trade down to mid-late 1st where he belongs IMO. My favorite QB (if he comes out) has been Bradford, but the fact that I have never really seen his drop-back mechanics does make picking him at 2 or 3 seem pretty risky. That said, I would not mind seeing us go after Harrel or Freeman in the 3rd. Do you agree? Disagree? why? OR do you guys know a diamond in the rough QB that we can snag in the 4-6 round range?

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-22-2008, 10:25 AM
I hope we won't even think of Stafford unless we trade down to mid-late 1st where he belongs IMO. My favorite QB (if he comes out) has been Bradford, but the fact that I have never really seen his drop-back mechanics does make picking him at 2 or 3 seem pretty risky. That said, I would not mind seeing us go after Harrel or Freeman in the 3rd. Do you agree? Disagree? why? OR do you guys know a diamond in the rough QB that we can snag in the 4-6 round range?

Oh Jesus...

Why? WHY DID YOU HAVE TO DO THIS?

Frankie
12-22-2008, 10:28 AM
Oh Jesus...

Wh... What'd I say?

BigRedChief
12-22-2008, 10:28 AM
We are not trading down. No one in the NFL wants to trade up anymore because of the signing bonus's make it a huge gamble.

eazyb81
12-22-2008, 10:29 AM
Um, KC can trade down all they want, but they won't find Stafford waiting for them if they do.

beach tribe
12-22-2008, 10:29 AM
Oh Jesus...

He needs QB info, because he obviously doesn't know shit about QB prospects.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-22-2008, 10:31 AM

ROFL

Fair enough.

notorious
12-22-2008, 10:32 AM
It's Deja Vu all over again!

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-22-2008, 10:33 AM
Wh... What'd I say?

You've just launched day 892 of the "Super Long, When Will It End, Quarterback Bataan Death-March" to the draft.

Pimpers; START YOUR KEYBOARDS! :rolleyes:

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-22-2008, 10:35 AM
It's Deja Vu all over again!

More like 'Deja Puke'.

Frankie
12-22-2008, 10:35 AM
We are not trading down. No one in the NFL wants to trade up anymore because of the signing bonus's make it a huge gamble.

That's not the point of this thread. Don't be picky.

Frankie
12-22-2008, 10:36 AM
Um, KC can trade down all they want, but they won't find Stafford waiting for them if they do.

I can live with that.

Frankie
12-22-2008, 10:37 AM

We are not all perfect like you, Mr. Pioli.:rolleyes: What are you doing with the millions you are making in the NFL?

Chief_in_Commander
12-22-2008, 10:39 AM
Don't reach for a QB is all i care about. I am ok with drafting a QB, but not with our top 5 pick. I just hate reaching no matter how bad we need a position, just draft BPA. I think Thigpen should go through all of OTA's and the pre-season as the starter.

Brock
12-22-2008, 10:40 AM
I can live with that.

Good thing we never got the chance to draft Matt Ryan.

Frankie
12-22-2008, 12:53 PM
Good thing we never got the chance to draft Matt Ryan.

I liked Matt Ryan. Just not at 5.

Mecca
12-22-2008, 12:55 PM

Which obviously made you completely wrong because right now he has shown he should have gone #1.

Brock
12-22-2008, 12:55 PM

You didn't like Matt Ryan. You called him "another Todd Blackledge".

Frankie
12-22-2008, 01:08 PM

I may have said something to the effect that there was a risk he was another TB, therefore not a good risk at 5. Though I really doubt that too. Because TB was drafted high based on his senior year only while MR, I was arguing did not have an impressive last year in college.

Frankie
12-22-2008, 01:10 PM
Which obviously made you completely wrong because right now he has shown he should have gone #1.

By everything we knew of Ryan THEN he was a risk at 5. A gamble is a gamble. Sometimes the dice do line up right. It did with MR, but that's not to say that it will again with Stafford.

ChiefsCountry
12-22-2008, 01:11 PM

Or Brady Quinn.

Brock
12-22-2008, 01:18 PM
I may have said something to the effect that there was a risk he was another TB, therefore not a good risk at 5. Though I really doubt that too. Because TB was drafted high based on his senior year only while MR, I was arguing did not have an impressive last year in college.

That's fine, whatever. I just wanted to point out that you didn't like Matt Ryan. You were "unimpressed" with Ryan.

Frankie
12-22-2008, 01:19 PM
Or Brady Quinn.

I never liked BQ and still haven't found a reason to change my mind.

eazyb81
12-22-2008, 01:19 PM
By everything we knew of Ryan THEN he was a risk at 5. A gamble is a gamble. Sometimes the dice do line up right. It did with MR, but that's not to say that it will again with Stafford.

It's a risk to draft anyone. What's your point? You were wrong on Matt Ryan.

Frankie
12-22-2008, 01:20 PM
That's fine, whatever. I just wanted to point out that you didn't like Matt Ryan. You were "unimpressed" with Ryan.

"Unimpressed" I accept.

Frankie
12-22-2008, 01:21 PM
It's a risk to draft anyone. What's your point? You were wrong on Matt Ryan.

I was. But that doesn't automatically make Stafford a shoe in.

eazyb81
12-22-2008, 01:23 PM
I was. But that doesn't automatically make Stafford a shoe in.

No, but I also don't know why I or anyone else should listen intently to what you think about the top QBs this year.

Frankie
12-22-2008, 01:28 PM
No, but I also don't know why I or anyone else should listen intently to what you think about the top QBs this year.

Read the topic again. THAT is not the intent. It's about Freeman, Harrel or any other QB talent worth taking from 3rd round on. Do you have an opinion or information you want to share on THAT?

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-22-2008, 02:54 PM
Read the topic again. THAT is not the intent. It's about Freeman, Harrel or any other QB talent worth taking from 3rd round on. Do you have an opinion or information you want to share on THAT?

Let me handle this one, Frankie:

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: :banghead::banghead:

I know the feeling Frankie, I know the feeling.

DT58HOF
12-22-2008, 02:57 PM
Thats a Plus this someonelse will get a garbage over rated QB

dirk digler
12-22-2008, 03:00 PM
I can't believe it but I think I found someone that absolutely has worse football takes than KC Johnny.

I didn't even think that was possible.

HemiEd
12-22-2008, 03:03 PM
Don't reach for a QB is all i care about. I am ok with drafting a QB, but not with our top 5 pick. I just hate reaching no matter how bad we need a position, just draft BPA. I think Thigpen should go through all of OTA's and the pre-season as the starter.

Bingo, I agree. I keep hearing all of these guys say, draft best available. They have convinced me, that is the best strategy, I believe it. The Chiefs have some pretty impressive talent, because of it.

But then they turn around and want to draft a QB no matter what! Is there really a QB, worthy of the spot, 2 or 3, without it being a reach?

Brock
12-22-2008, 03:06 PM
But then they turn around and want to draft a QB no matter what! Is there really a QB, worthy of the spot, 2 or 3, without it being a reach?

What if there is?

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-22-2008, 03:11 PM

:popcorn:

BigMeatballDave
12-22-2008, 03:37 PM
I hope we won't even think of Stafford unless we trade down to mid-late 1st where he belongs IMO. My favorite QB (if he comes out) has been Bradford, but the fact that I have never really seen his drop-back mechanics does make picking him at 2 or 3 seem pretty risky. That said, I would not mind seeing us go after Harrel or Freeman in the 3rd. Do you agree? Disagree? why? OR do you guys know a diamond in the rough QB that we can snag in the 4-6 round range?Completely and utter crap...

BigMeatballDave
12-22-2008, 03:39 PM
I liked Matt Ryan. Just not at 5.LMAO The way he's playing, he should've went #1.

Dr. Johnny Fever
12-22-2008, 03:41 PM
Todd Reesing

Sweet Daddy Hate

And you would take who at QB?

BigMeatballDave
By everything we knew of Ryan THEN he was a risk at 5. A gamble is a gamble. Sometimes the dice do line up right. It did with MR, but that's not to say that it will again with Stafford. ALL draft picks are gambles. Roll the dice. Can't win if you don't play...

BigMeatballDave
12-22-2008, 03:43 PM
I never liked BQ and still haven't found a reason to change my mind.You'll be wrong on Quinn, too.

DTLB58
12-22-2008, 03:43 PM
LMAO The way he's playing, he should've went #1.

No kidding.....But Remember, Herm didn't see anything "special" in any of the QB's that came out last year. :eek:

BigMeatballDave
12-22-2008, 03:45 PM
I was. But that doesn't automatically make Stafford a shoe in.You are absolutely correct. Still have to take a shot. This is why the Chiefs haven't won a SB in 40 years.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-22-2008, 03:46 PM
Todd Reesing

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn182/lightbringerrr/do_not_want_cat.jpg

talastan
12-22-2008, 03:47 PM
BPA if it is Bradford or Stafford so be it. If not upgrade our defense. Simple as that.

BigMeatballDave
12-22-2008, 03:48 PM
But then they turn around and want to draft a QB no matter what! Is there really a QB, worthy of the spot, 2 or 3, without it being a reach?If Stafford is there, you gotta take him. Its not a reach.

BigMeatballDave
12-22-2008, 03:48 PM
Todd ReesingCan he play on stilts?

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-22-2008, 03:50 PM
Can he play on stilts?

ROFLROFLROFL

googlegoogle
12-22-2008, 04:08 PM
Don't you love all the Oklahoma people pumping Bradford.

Dr. Johnny Fever
12-22-2008, 04:10 PM
Can he play on stilts?

I don't know could Doug Flutie?

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-22-2008, 04:11 PM
Don't you love all the Oklahoma people pumping Bradford.

I am beyond thrilled that Bradford won the Heisman; that puts his hype-level in the stratosphere to such an extent, that we may get super-lucky and see him or Tebow find their way to Detroit so that the Chiefs can pick the real-deal.

HemiEd
12-22-2008, 05:22 PM
What if there is?

Take him then, that is an obvious solution.

BryanBusby
12-22-2008, 05:24 PM
If Stafford is there, you gotta take him. Its not a reach.
Naw mang. Drafting a QB that already runs a pro-style offense, has the freedom to call his own audibles on the line, has improved every season and great tools and potential out of all the QB's is a huge reach!

/sarcasm

Rigodan
12-22-2008, 06:36 PM
I agree that we don't have a franchise QB right now. I'm just not totally convinced Stafford is one either though. Assuming we have a high draft pick again in 2010, who would be the better pick: Matt Stafford this year or Mark Sanchez/Nate Davis next year? Is Stafford really that much better than those two could be next year?

bowener
12-22-2008, 06:44 PM
Mecca, tell me about Dan LeFevour and Nate Davis from the MAC. Either of them have the possibility of being this year's Flacco?

OnTheWarpath15
12-22-2008, 06:45 PM
Mecca, tell me about Dan LeFevour and Nate Davis from the MAC. Either of them have the possibility of being this year's Flacco?

Nate Davis is going back to school.

He decided about 3 weeks ago.

BryanBusby
12-22-2008, 06:46 PM
I agree that we don't have a franchise QB right now. I'm just not totally convinced Stafford is one either though. Assuming we have a high draft pick again in 2010, who would be the better pick: Matt Stafford this year or Mark Sanchez/Nate Davis next year? Is Stafford really that much better than those two could be next year?

It depends how both of them progress in the next year. It's not so much that, as we probably won't be able to count on Herm locking up another top 5 pick again next year. As of now, I'd say Stafford is above both Sanchez and Nate Davis.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-22-2008, 06:59 PM
It depends how both of them progress in the next year. It's not so much that, as we probably won't be able to count on Herm locking up another top 5 pick again next year. As of now, I'd say Stafford is above both Sanchez and Nate Davis.

Okay, two things; Herm won't be locking up SHIT next year except the door on his mobile home, and the only reason Stafford is above Sanchez, is because Sanchez hasn't declared.

Thank you, that is all.

the Talking Can
12-22-2008, 07:01 PM
Okay, two things; Herm won't be locking up SHIT next year except the door on his mobile home, and the only reason Stafford is above Sanchez, is because Sanchez hasn't declared.

Thank you, that is all.

where do you come up with this stupid shit?

kstater
12-22-2008, 07:01 PM

Thank you, that is all.

ROFL

You realize Stafford hasn't declare either. So that kind of blows your theory out of the water.

DeezNutz
12-22-2008, 07:02 PM
Nate Davis is going back to school.

He decided about 3 weeks ago.

Really? Even with a new coach coming in? Interesting decision. Guess he's pretty confident about improving his stock.

DeezNutz
12-22-2008, 07:03 PM

Your weather reports are shit.

Welcome to the Planet.

OnTheWarpath15
12-22-2008, 07:04 PM
Really? Even with a new coach coming in? Interesting decision. Guess he's pretty confident about improving his stock.

He made the announcement before the change.

Guess he could change his mind, he has another 3 weeks to decide.

BigMeatballDave
12-22-2008, 07:05 PM
and the only reason Stafford is above Sanchez, is because Sanchez hasn't declared.

Neither has Stafford. The only issue I have with Sanchez is he's only a 1 yr. starter.

DeezNutz
12-22-2008, 07:06 PM
He made the announcement before the change.

Guess he could change his mind, he has another 3 weeks to decide.

Ahhh. My bad. That coaching change was a this week thing. With the uncertainty that this type of transition means, it very well could cause him to alter course.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-22-2008, 07:11 PM
where do you come up with this stupid shit?

Hey! Look who pulled his thumb out of his ass long enough to type something!
Aren't we blessed...:rolleyes:

ROFL

You realize Stafford hasn't declare either. So that kind of blows your theory out of the water.

Well then how the fuck does that make ME look stupid when 60% of this board has been yanking the crank of a guy who hasn't even declared, and yet acts like it's a done fucking deal?!?!?!

"Pot calling kettle, pot calling kettle; come in kettle"...:rolleyes:

kstater
12-22-2008, 07:13 PM
Hey! Look who pulled his thumb out of his ass long enough to type something!
Aren't we blessed...:rolleyes:

Well then how the fuck does that make ME look stupid when 60% of this board has been yanking the crank of a guy who hasn't even declared, and yet acts like it's a done fucking deal?!?!?!

"Pot calling kettle, pot calling kettle; come in kettle"...:rolleyes:

Because it's presumed he'll come out.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-22-2008, 07:19 PM
Neither has Stafford. The only issue I have with Sanchez is he's only a 1 yr. starter.

Well, if we want to follow the house logic of( insert South Park hippy-voice imitation here )"Don't look at the box scores, mannnn; use you eyes, bro; use your eyes", then Mark has Matt beat hands-down in terms of showing overall NFL form.

Matt's gotten WAY better since last year, but Mark didn't HAVE to improve his shit; it was "Arrowhead Ready" game 1 against Overrated State.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-22-2008, 07:23 PM
Because it's presumed he'll come out.

Fine. But there's no assumption or indication on the part of Sanchez saying "I'm definitely going back to USC" either.
If there was, we would have heard it from Mecca by now. And all Mecca has said, is that the "word on the street"( which doesn't mean shit ), is that Mark is going back.

The Bad Guy
12-22-2008, 07:35 PM

I'm just shocked.

You to accurate talent evaluations is like what Go Chiefs is to orgies.

milkman
12-22-2008, 07:43 PM
I can't believe it but I think I found someone that absolutely has worse football takes than KC Johnny.

I didn't even think that was possible.

Are you referring to Frankie or DT58?

milkman
12-22-2008, 07:44 PM
And you would take who at QB?

I'm almost certain that DT58 is the moron that said that Chase Daniel is a better prospect than Stafford.

BryanBusby
12-22-2008, 07:47 PM
Your weather reports are shit.

Welcome to the Planet.

Just wait until you see my draft predictions! Ha Ha

Thank you, that is all.
That's what I meant when I referred to Herm, brah. Please go ahead and spread your vast knowledge of why Mark Sanchez is a much better looking prospect than Stafford.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-22-2008, 08:44 PM
I'm almost certain that DT58 is the moron that said that Chase Daniel is a better prospect than Stafford.

To be fair, I advocated Daniel as a pick for about one day, but that was before I saw with my own eyes over time that the spread is a no-go at the pro-level.

I'd draft Daniel or Reesing if the Chiefs were Arena League though...:evil:

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-22-2008, 08:52 PM
Just wait until you see my draft predictions! Ha Ha

That's what I meant when I referred to Herm, brah. Please go ahead and spread your vast knowledge of why Mark Sanchez is a much better looking prospect than Stafford.

Judging by your two-year membership and 40 posts, I will assume you spend all of your football free time watching tape. Based on that assumption, you should then be fully aware of Mark's solid technique, fundamentals, general badassery, and the Pro System in which he operates.

If we were today, at this moment, put Sanchez and Bradford at the helm of two NFL teams equally matched in all phases of the game, and the outcome rested squarely on the mojo of the two quarterbacks; Sanchez wins.