PDA

View Full Version : Football If the Chargers beat the Broncos next week...

Alphaman
12-22-2008, 11:32 AM
how does Shanahan retain his HC position in Denver?

lazepoo
12-22-2008, 11:50 AM
Because the owner loves him and they've got like 6 or 7 running backs on IR.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-22-2008, 11:54 AM
Mike Shanahan will be back and all of us should be happy about it. He's Marty Schottenheimer in Denver. They'll never win another Super Bowl with him as their coach again. I'm hoping he lasts there until, like, 2020.

Bowser
12-22-2008, 11:58 AM

Shanahan will have a free pass in Denver for as long as he wants one. Winning back-to-back Super Bowls will do that.

Codered
12-22-2008, 12:01 PM
Marty Schottenheimer? Most fans would trade ten years of in and out of the Playoff's for back to back superbowls. He probably won't win another one, but I'd assume it's easy to forgive.

Buck
12-22-2008, 12:09 PM
You mean When the Chargers beat the Broncos, right?

EyePod
12-22-2008, 12:29 PM
I'm still hoping that a nuclear bomb or large meteor hits the stadium. Now that would be a Christmas present!

Buck
12-22-2008, 12:32 PM
I'm still hoping that a nuclear bomb or large meteor hits the stadium. Now that would be a Christmas present!

Dude, no.

I'll be at the game, I don't want to die.

Why would you want me to die?

Long Duk Dong
12-22-2008, 12:34 PM
I hope the Chargers put a huge beat down on the Donkeys. I despise them more than the Faiders.

And knock that little punk Cuntlet on his a$$ a few times and pick him off. Cutler acts like a little spoiled girl all the time.

King_Chief_Fan
12-22-2008, 12:34 PM
Dude, no.

he doesn't want you to die....he sent a warning. You choose not to heed it.

Molitoth
12-22-2008, 12:56 PM
I'd love to have Shannyrat coaching the Chiefs, sorry.

Frankie
12-22-2008, 12:58 PM
Shanahan will have a free pass in Denver for as long as he wants one. Winning back-to-back Super Bowls will do that.

Even if they were considerably helped by cheating.

Frankie
12-22-2008, 12:59 PM
This won't help the Chiefs one way or another. But for one week, I am a Chargers fan.

triple
12-22-2008, 01:14 PM
shanahan has done nothing for a long time. sure they win 8-10 games consistently, but since '98 he's got one playoff win.

actually maybe our True Fans should go be Broncos fans... every season is a success for them

winning two super bowls will get you paid millions for a decade or so, but shouldn't the honeymoon be over at some point?

alpha_omega
12-22-2008, 01:28 PM
What if there is a tie?

Long Duk Dong
12-22-2008, 01:33 PM
What if there is a tie?

you didn't just say that did you? ROFL

Bowser
12-22-2008, 01:35 PM
What if there is a tie?

Then the AFC West is forced to play in the Canadian league for a year, due to enormous suckage from the division.

Buck
12-22-2008, 01:37 PM
If the game ends in a tie, the teams records will be.

Broncos: 8-7-1
Chargers 7-8-1

Tie goes to the Broncos.

alpha_omega
12-22-2008, 02:16 PM
Then the AFC West is forced to play in the Canadian league for a year, due to enormous suckage from the division.

ROFL....agreed!

If the game ends in a tie, the teams records will be.

Broncos: 8-7-1
Chargers 7-8-1

Tie goes to the Broncos.

Right, but what about Shanahan's job?

Garcia Bronco
12-22-2008, 02:32 PM
Shanahan isn't going anywhere. We are in year two of a rebuild with the second youngest team in the league on offense. We have a lights out O-line, great receivers, and a pretty good group of TE's. Defense is another story. Mike Shanahan is one of the best in the business and I don't care how long he coaches here.

InChiefsHeaven
12-22-2008, 02:35 PM
shanahan has done nothing for a long time. sure they win 8-10 games consistently, but since '98 he's got one playoff win.

actually maybe our True Fans should go be Broncos fans... every season is a success for them

winning two super bowls will get you paid millions for a decade or so, but shouldn't the honeymoon be over at some point?

They won the 2005 Division Playoffs against the Patsies...just sayin'....they lost to the Steelers that year, who went on to win the SB.

ClevelandBronco
12-22-2008, 02:38 PM
Shanahan isn't going anywhere. We are in year two of a rebuild with the second youngest team in the league on offense. We have a lights out O-line, great receivers, and a pretty good group of TE's. Defense is another story. Mike Shanahan is one of the best in the business and I don't care how long he coaches here.

Garcia said it best.

The man can stay around until he doesn't want to.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-22-2008, 02:43 PM

Dude, no.

LMAO One of the better exchanges I've read on this site. And that's saying something.

dirk digler
12-22-2008, 02:45 PM

That is what I think as well.

I think it is time for him to move on and take a break for a season or 2 and then come back.

ClevelandBronco
12-22-2008, 02:47 PM
That is what I think as well.

I think it is time for him to move on and take a break for a season or 2 and then come back.

Do me a favor then, if you will. Resist the urge to buy the Broncos.

dirk digler
12-22-2008, 02:51 PM
Do me a favor then, if you will. Resist the urge to buy the Broncos.

LMAO

Then I won't know what to do with my billions of dollars that I have laying around.

Seriously though I don't see after 10 years of doing pretty much nothing how he continues to get a free pass from you guys. If he chokes away the division next week IMHO that is a fire able offense.

DaFace
12-22-2008, 02:51 PM
I've never been a big fan of Shanny's, but the guy knows how to put together a consistently good football team. He's like Marty, but with 2 rings. I'd be thrilled if they let him go, but I wouldn't hold your breath.

Garcia Bronco
12-22-2008, 03:01 PM
We just sent our 6th and 7th runningback to IR today. Awesome. I love our chances next week.

dirk digler
12-22-2008, 03:04 PM
I've never been a big fan of Shanny's, but the guy knows how to put together a consistently good football team. He's like Marty, but with 2 rings. I'd be thrilled if they let him go, but I wouldn't hold your breath.

I think Shanny is a great coach but when you have been with the same team\company\job for a long time people do get complacent and lazy. It is just human nature.

kstater
12-22-2008, 03:04 PM
We just sent our 6th and 7th runningback to IR today. Awesome. I love our chances next week.

It's called karma, get used to it.

Garcia Bronco
12-22-2008, 03:07 PM
It's called karma, get used to it.

That's got to be it, because as a Chief's fan you would know :P

triple
12-22-2008, 03:08 PM

he's like marty except he already had john elway when he rolled into town

Garcia Bronco
12-22-2008, 03:09 PM
he's like marty except he already had john elway when he rolled into town

Don't forget that John Elway didn't make it to his 5 Super Bowls without Shanahan. Nor did Steve Young make it to his 1.

DaFace
12-22-2008, 03:09 PM
I think Shanny is a great coach but when you have been with the same team for a long time people do get complacent and lazy. It is just human nature.

Perhaps, but he still knows how to win games. The Broncos are 91-67 since Elway left, which is still pretty decent, especially considering he had Griese and Plummer under center for 8 of those 10 years. For comparison, we're 75-83 in that time period.

I'm not saying he's the best coach ever, but if they can get a defense in Denver, they could be scary.

MahiMike
12-22-2008, 03:11 PM
Chargers are this year's Steelers/Giants. From obscurity to the Lombardi!!!

or maybe not...

MagicHef
12-22-2008, 03:14 PM
Who will be Denver's RB?

http://www.denverpost.com/headlines/ci_11289682

triple
12-22-2008, 03:15 PM
Perhaps, but he still knows how to win games. The Broncos are 91-67 since Elway left, which is still pretty decent, especially considering he had Griese and Plummer under center for 8 of those 10 years. For comparison, we're 75-83 in that time period.

those were his guys, he went out and brought those people in to be the solution so you can't cut him a break for that

1 playoff win in 10 years is 1 playoff win in 10 years. we all derided Carl for not winning one in 15 years, and we beat up Marty for only winning 2 in 9 or 10 years. what's the difference?

he was able to take john elway and terrell davis and shannon sharpe and rod smith and ed mccaffery and etc etc to the super bowl, 10 years ago, credit him... but his body of work is pretty average.

dirk digler
12-22-2008, 03:17 PM

I'm not saying he's the best coach ever, but if they can get a defense in Denver, they could be scary.

I think he is still a Top 10 coach just that he has been in one place to long and maybe complacency has set in and the attention of detail isn't there any more.

If they lose on Sunday they would have given up a 3-game division lead and I don't know if that has ever happened in NFL history.

As far as the D goes they have been trying to fix the D for the last 5 years or so without any success. Honestly they probably need to get a real GM in there and take some power away from him to get it turned around. I doubt that happens though.

MagicHef
12-22-2008, 03:30 PM
I think he is still a Top 10 coach just that he has been in one place to long and maybe complacency has set in and the attention of detail isn't there any more.

If they lose on Sunday they would have given up a 3-game division lead and I don't know if that has ever happened in NFL history.

As far as the D goes they have been trying to fix the D for the last 5 years or so without any success. Honestly they probably need to get a real GM in there and take some power away from him to get it turned around. I doubt that happens though.

It hasn't. At least they'll be able to make history.

dirk digler
12-22-2008, 03:33 PM
those were his guys, he went out and brought those people in to be the solution so you can't cut him a break for that

1 playoff win in 10 years is 1 playoff win in 10 years. we all derided Carl for not winning one in 15 years, and we beat up Marty for only winning 2 in 9 or 10 years. what's the difference?

he was able to take john elway and terrell davis and shannon sharpe and rod smith and ed mccaffery and etc etc to the super bowl, 10 years ago, credit him... but his body of work is pretty average.

Yep. The only valid reason he is sticking around is because he won back-to-back SB's 12 years ago.

Bowser
12-22-2008, 03:35 PM
Denver has just looked...off, lately. As of right now, I fully expect the Chargers to wax the Broncos, especially in San Diego.

dirk digler
12-22-2008, 03:37 PM

Good to know thanks.

IMHO this would be a fire able offense especially with all the talent that is on that team at least offensively.

MagicHef
12-22-2008, 03:42 PM
Good to know thanks.

IMHO this would be a fire able offense especially with all the talent that is on that team at least offensively.

Well, to a point.

blueballs
12-22-2008, 03:44 PM
Shanhan will leave only after scandal
and that doesn't sound far fetched
he's petty and has no scruples

Alphaman
12-22-2008, 03:48 PM
Who will be Denver's RB?

A question for all you "CUT LJ" fans out there. Do you want to face him twice a year in Denver. You'd better believe they'll sign him (given his huge games against them) and that he'll run angry against us.

blueballs
12-22-2008, 03:51 PM
DV had his faults
but he kept the Rat close
he wasn't stupid

BigRock
12-22-2008, 03:53 PM
How many times over the years have people asked similar questions about the Chiefs that ended with "how does Carl Peterson keep his job?" And Carl always kept his job.

Shanny = New Carl. The King is dead, long live the King.

http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/6008/ratkinggl8.jpg

penguinz
12-22-2008, 03:56 PM
Cutler acts like a little spoiled girl all the time.No more than Rivers does.

dirk digler
12-22-2008, 03:57 PM
Well, to a point.

I think their RB position this year was shit anyway. That is just my outside opinion I will defer to the Bronco fans because they would know better than I.

MagicHef
12-22-2008, 04:00 PM
I think their RB position this year was shit anyway. That is just my outside opinion I will defer to the Bronco fans because they would know better than I.

It was never a strength, but before Pittman got hurt, and when Hillis was the starter, it wasn't the liability it is now.

jjchieffan
12-22-2008, 04:01 PM
This division and this season in general makes a case for changing the playoff formula. There is no way Dungver nor Sandy Eggo deserves a playoff spot. At least one 10-6 team and possibly, one 11-5 team will sit out of the playoffs this season because they play in the best division in the NFL(Miami, NYJ or NE). All 3 of those teams have earned a playoff spot, yet only one of them get a spot. If they went by record only, Dungver and Sandy would have and should have already been eliminated. I don't know about you, but I would rather see a good Miami/NE playing a competitive game, than see a one and done Dungver/Sandy Eggo get spanked at home by a team with a better record that should be the home team in the first place.

ClevelandBronco
12-22-2008, 04:05 PM
This division and this season in general makes a case for changing the playoff formula. There is no way Dungver nor Sandy Eggo deserves a playoff spot. At least one 10-6 team and possibly, one 11-5 team will sit out of the playoffs this season because they play in the best division in the NFL(Miami, NYJ or NE). All 3 of those teams have earned a playoff spot, yet only one of them get a spot. If they went by record only, Dungver and Sandy would have and should have already been eliminated. I don't know about you, but I would rather see a good Miami/NE playing a competitive game, than see a one and done Dungver/Sandy Eggo get spanked at home by a team with a better record that should be the home team in the first place.

Won't work. Division rivalries are important to marketing the game.

dirk digler
12-22-2008, 04:11 PM
It was never a strength, but before Pittman got hurt, and when Hillis was the starter, it wasn't the liability it is now.

It definitely wasn't a typical Denver RB group this year.

I expect them to address that early in the draft or sign a big name FA RB if there is one out there.

dirk digler
12-22-2008, 04:11 PM
Won't work. Division rivalries are important to marketing the game.

I agree. It is a silly idea to not have a division winner in the playoffs.

Garcia Bronco
12-22-2008, 04:12 PM

Let it be known that whatever we do is done in spectacular fashion.

MagicHef
12-22-2008, 04:16 PM
It definitely wasn't a typical Denver RB group this year.

I expect them to address that early in the draft or sign a big name FA RB if there is one out there.

I expect that almost all of the RBs on the team this year will be cut, and there will be half a dozen late round picks / UDFAs in camp. Hillis, Torain, and Alridge will be back.

JuicesFlowing
12-22-2008, 05:07 PM
http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/3966/a32431ed4.jpg

Quesadilla Joe
12-22-2008, 06:06 PM

Denver had a top 10 defense as long as Al Wilson was starting. After he got hurt in the Seattle game in 2006 Denver has not had a good defense. So we have spent 2 seasons trying to rebuild the defense here. We need 1 more good pass rusher, a MLB, and a safety and this defense will be respectable again.

And we do have a GM in place, the Goodman's are doing the drafting now. I think they have been here since the Cutler, Marshal, Scheffler, Kuper, and Dumervil draft.

triple
12-22-2008, 07:00 PM
A question for all you "CUT LJ" fans out there. Do you want to face him twice a year in Denver. You'd better believe they'll sign him (given his huge games against them) and that he'll run angry against us.

since he's past his prime and not nearly the runner he used to be, i dont really care.

they can have the two or so semi productive years he has left of running and slapping bitches in Denver for all I care.