PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs AP: Edwards says Chiefs are well-coached

Tribal Warfare
12-22-2008, 11:10 PM
Edwards says Chiefs are well-coached
(http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-chiefsturmoil&prov=ap&type=lgns)
By DOUG TUCKER, AP Sports Writer 3 hours, 19 minutes ago

KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP)—Even knowing now that Kansas City’s rebuilding program may cost him his job, Herm Edwards insists he would do it again.

“Because it was the right thing to do for the organization,” Edwards said Monday, one week after his future was thrown into doubt by the abrupt resignation of president and general manager Carl Peterson.

“I said that from the beginning,” Edwards said. “I said when you do something like this, you’re doing it for the right reasons. That was something I thought about, something we all thought about, and it was the correct thing to do.”

As owner Clark Hunt begins his search for a new general manager, the Chiefs (2-13) prepare to close out the worst season in franchise history on Sunday at Cincinnati.

Edwards, who launched the rebuilding project with Hunt’s blessing, said he has no idea if this will be his final game. He’s made no attempt to hide the fact that he hopes to come back and continue the program that this year included 18 rookies.

“Absolutely. There’s no doubt about that,” he said.

When announcing Peterson’s resignation, Hunt spoke supportively of Edwards. Hunt said the decision on a head coach would be his but that the new general manager would have “significant input.”

The Chiefs were a franchise-worst 1-7 at home. Starting on Oct. 26 with a four-point loss at the New York Jets, they’ve been competitive in all but one outing. Eight of their losses, including Sunday’s 38-31 setback to Miami, have been by seven points or fewer.

“I think if you go back and look at how we’ve played, I think from the Jets game, we’ve played pretty consistent,” Edwards said. “And that’s what you want to see in a young football team.”

Other problems included the four-week absence of top running back Larry Johnson, who was benched three games by the team for disciplinary reasons and suspended one game by the league.

“I think we’ve done a good job in this sense, of dealing with all the adversity that’s happened around this team,” Edwards said.

“When you go into a season where you’re going to try to rebuild and play as many young players, you can’t take account of the things that are going to happen along the way. When you think about all the things that have happened to this football team, whether it be on the field or off the field, the changes we had to make on both sides of the ball due to injuries, I think for the most part, we’ve handled it the best way we knew how as a football staff.”

Edwards said he’s confident he and his staff have done a good job.

“I just believe it’s a young team. It’s gained a lot of experience. A lot of players have gained a lot of playing experience. That’s probably the biggest thing, and with that are going to come errors,” he said.

So does he have a sense that this could be his last game?

“No, not at all. I don’t think about that at all,” Edwards said. “I think about preparing for this week, and that’s it.”

One criticism that has not been leveled at Edwards or his coaches is lack of effort. Even when they were blown out, the Chiefs have played hard.

“They continue to play with tremendous effort. They don’t always do everything right, but I think the effort’s been there for the most part,” Edwards said. “And that’s what you hope for as a coach.”

A persistent problem, even after the quarterback situation stabilized and the team became competitive, has been weak second halves. Typical was the Dolphins game. At halftime, the Chiefs led 28-24. But they scored only three points in the second half.

“You can only do so much. You can’t control how they play on the field. They’ve got to learn how to do that,” Edwards said. “I think a lot of them have gotten better. But I think when you have so many young players playing, there’s always going to be errors made.

“I think we played with tremendous energy in the first quarter and second quarter,” he said. “And then in the third and fourth quarter we get a little bit, `Oh, boy.’ And I think that’s just part of growing up and maturing.”

Reerun_KC
12-22-2008, 11:17 PM
IF they were well coached, you wouldnt of lost all those games by 7 or less points. Placing the blame on youth is chicken bleep, but typical Herm...

Just once he should stand up and say he blows ass...

The Bad Guy
12-22-2008, 11:17 PM
Only would this fucking moron say he's done a good job when he's won just 2 times in 15 games. His level of accepting failure is epic.

There is no bigger loser in this world than Herman Edwards.

12-22-2008, 11:18 PM
ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

I'm not even reading it after that title.

Coach
12-22-2008, 11:19 PM
Yes, you are a well coached team considering the fact that you are 2-13.

:shake:

DeezNutz
12-22-2008, 11:20 PM
I skimmed it.

"You can't control how they play on the field."

Fuck off, Bono. We've seen how this story ends.

MIAdragon
12-22-2008, 11:20 PM
lmao

Reerun_KC
12-22-2008, 11:21 PM
I skimmed it.

**** off, Bono. We've seen how this story ends.

:doh!: I couldnt believe I was reading that...

Zero responsibility for this teams state, I think he actually believes he what he is saying...

Tribal Warfare
12-22-2008, 11:21 PM
Only would this fucking moron say he's done a good job when he's won just 2 times in 15 games. His level of accepting failure is epic.

I know their is bigtime disdain for Marty on the BB, but even he would say at the end of the day coaches are judged by Wins and Loses and their is no excuse for losing.

Deberg_1990
12-22-2008, 11:22 PM
Herm is one of the top coaches in the league.................

IN his own mind.

Reerun_KC
12-22-2008, 11:22 PM
I know their is bigtime disdain for Marty on the BB, but even he would say at the end of the day coaches are judged by Wins and Loses and their is no excuse for losing.

Well Marty would know, when the stakes where the highest, he lost 70% of the time...

DeezNutz
12-22-2008, 11:23 PM
:doh!: I couldnt believe I was reading that...

Zero responsibility for this teams state, I think he actually believes he what he is saying...

It is remarkable.

TW is right. Say anything you want about Marty, but that guy is a man and was accountable for his actions (regarding coaching). No way he'd say shit like this.

Reerun_KC
12-22-2008, 11:25 PM
I truly believe Herm suffers from this....

Mental Health: Delusional Disorder

Delusional disorder, previously called paranoid disorder, is a type of serious mental illness called a "psychosis" in which a person cannot tell what is real from what is imagined. The main feature of this disorder is the presence of delusions, which are unshakable beliefs in something untrue. People with delusional disorder experience non-bizarre delusions, which involve situations that could occur in real life, such as being followed, poisoned, deceived, conspired against, or loved from a distance. These delusions usually involve the misinterpretation of perceptions or experiences. In reality, however, the situations are either not true at all or highly exaggerated.
People with delusional disorder often can continue to socialize and function normally, apart from the subject of their delusion, and generally do not behave in an obviously odd or bizarre manner. This is unlike people with other psychotic disorders, who also might have delusions as a symptom of their disorder. In some cases, however, people with delusional disorder might become so preoccupied with their delusions that their lives are disrupted.

Hammock Parties
This motherfucker's about to make off with $3 million of Clark Hunt's money...UNEARNED...

Tribal Warfare
Well Marty would know, when the stakes where the highest, he lost 70% of the time...

He never made excuses either.

Reerun_KC
12-22-2008, 11:26 PM
He never made excuses either.

True, True.... Wont argue that... He was well versed...

The Bad Guy
12-22-2008, 11:26 PM
I'm just completely stunned by someone who could be so fucking full of themselves after winning as little in his career as Herm.

Everything in the NFL is judged by wins and losses. Everything. I wish the Chiefs would fire him tomorrow. There is nothing, absolutely nothing, that should keep him here next year.

All you Herm lovers can choke to death.

Reerun_KC
12-22-2008, 11:27 PM

Wanna tell us how your really feel? ROFL

12-22-2008, 11:27 PM
I skimmed it.

**** off, Bono. We've seen how this story ends.

Bono? Don't you mean Grbac?

DeezNutz
12-22-2008, 11:29 PM
Bono? Don't you mean Grbac?

Fuck me. DeezNutz, you worthless fucking poster. Fucking piece of dogshit. Neg. rep. my way, from me.

The Bad Guy
12-22-2008, 11:30 PM
Wanna tell us how your really feel? ROFL

I want to apologize to you, and myself, for fucking defending that pile of shit.

BryanBusby
12-22-2008, 11:30 PM
This has got to be a joke.

DeezNutz
12-22-2008, 11:31 PM
This has got to be a joke.

What's the weather going to be like tomorrow? Quick. No computers.

DeezNutz
12-22-2008, 11:32 PM
I'm just completely stunned by someone who could be so ****ing full of themselves after winning as little in his career as Herm.

Everything in the NFL is judged by wins and losses. Everything. I wish the Chiefs would fire him tomorrow. There is nothing, absolutely nothing, that should keep him here next year.

Oh he'd be quick to tell you that he's not used to this. He typically makes the playoffs. This is all new ground. Shit, he just said this in the last couple of weeks. Acted stunned by the whole turn of events, as if he had no hand in the outcome.

Reerun_KC
I want to apologize to you, and myself, for ****ing defending that pile of shit.

eh, its water under the bridge, no grudges from me...

Reerun_KC

Shit?

DeezNutz
12-22-2008, 11:33 PM
Shit?

You're hired.

Reerun_KC
12-22-2008, 11:33 PM
Oh he'd be quick to tell you that he's not used to this. He typically makes the playoffs. This is all new ground. Shit, he just said this in the last couple of weeks. Acted stunned by the whole turn of events, as if he had no hand in the outcome.

I still cant believe that he actually made the playoffs ever! But the sun shines on a dogs ass more than once...

Reerun_KC
12-22-2008, 11:34 PM
You're hired.

Hey, I just completed Meteorology and Oceanography this semester...

BryanBusby
12-22-2008, 11:34 PM

The forecast for tomorrow is a 50% chance that Herm throws the groundskeeping staff under the bus for Tyler Thigpen slipping on that 4th&1 play.

DeezNutz
12-22-2008, 11:35 PM
I still cant believe that he actually made the playoffs ever! But the sun shines on a dogs ass more than once...

As a person, I think he's probably a pretty good guy. As evidence of this, the Chiefs still seem to be playing hard, and it would have been easy to quit. Too easy, in fact.

It's a shame that he doesn't know what the **** he's doing.

DeezNutz
12-22-2008, 11:35 PM
The forecast for tomorrow is a 50% chance that Herm throws the groundskeeping staff under the bus for Tyler Thigpen slipping on that 4th&1 play.

You're hired, too.

BryanBusby
12-22-2008, 11:36 PM
You're hired, too.
and people say it's hard to get a job during a recession.

Hammock Parties
12-22-2008, 11:36 PM
As a person, I think he's probably a pretty good guy.

He's really not. Otherwise, he'd take some responsibility.

DeezNutz
12-22-2008, 11:39 PM

I'm talking totally unrelated to coaching.

Outside the Lines did a piece on him a couple of years back about the camp he puts on for kids in CA every summer. It was really cool, actually.

There's no doubt in my mind that Herm is a good man. I'm equally confident that he's not a very good NFL coach. College, however, might be something for him...

Reerun_KC
12-22-2008, 11:39 PM
He's really not. Otherwise, he'd take some responsibility.'

Its called integerity... Integerity as a man to stand up and admit your faults, to be come a better man...

Everyone does it in life... I am sure he blames his wife for him to orgasm way to fast and leaving her unsastified? Its all HER fault right?

Integerity Herm, you should find some... You will be a better man, acutally you would be able to become a man with it... Just a thought.

TEX
12-22-2008, 11:41 PM
"Kansas City's rebuilding project might cost Herm his job"

ROFL Whatever. How about his sorry ass coaching might cost Herm his job...

DeezNutz
12-22-2008, 11:42 PM
'

Its called integerity... Integerity as a man to stand up and admit your faults, to be come a better man...

Everyone does it in life... I am sure he blames his wife for him to orgasm way to fast and leaving her unsastified? Its all HER fault right?

Integerity Herm, you should find some... You will be a better man, acutally you would be able to become a man with it... Just a thought.

I understand the point you and GoChiefs are making, and there is certainly some validity to this. But...I don't know. When our jobs are at stake, we all might do some weasel shit.

Reerun_KC
12-22-2008, 11:44 PM
I understand the point you and GoChiefs are making, and there is certainly some validity to this. But...I don't know. When our jobs are at stake, we all might do some weasel shit.

True, I can see that happening, It was rumored that he was a weasel in NYJ and there is plenty of talk that he went around or behind Carls back to Clark...

Herm is a weasel, he is worried about nobody but himself...

TEX
12-22-2008, 11:44 PM
Eight of their losses, including Sunday’s 38-31 setback to Miami, have been by seven points or fewer.

It's starting...:shake:

The Bad Guy
12-22-2008, 11:46 PM

Exactly. He finger points and passes the buck more than anyone I've ever seen.

DeezNutz
12-22-2008, 11:46 PM
True, I can see that happening, It was rumored that he was a weasel in NYJ and there is plenty of talk that he went around or behind Carls back to Clark...

Herm is a weasel, he is worried about nobody but himself...

As a coach, the overwhelming evidence says this is true. For his sake, I hope this approach doesn't transcend into his personal life.

TinyEvel
12-22-2008, 11:47 PM
fock. That's like Bush saying this country has been well-run.

YEAH. I SAID IT! COME AT ME A-HOLES!

OBAMA!!!!!!!

CHANGE!!!!

w000000000000000000000000t!

(I hate Herm too. AND this interview is the most hilarious thing EVAR. It could seriously be a headline you see in THE ONION)

Reerun_KC
12-22-2008, 11:48 PM
As a coach, the overwhelming evidence says this is true. For his sake, I hope this approach doesn't transcend into his personal life.

Honestly, I dont care about him personally. Its about the football team. We all have our own lives and lifes problems... He has made 9 Mill here during his tenure in KC... He shouldnt have problems...

DeezNutz
12-22-2008, 11:48 PM

OBAMA!!!!!!!

CHANGE!!!!

(I hate Herm too. AND this interview is the most hilarious thing EVAR. It could seriously be a headline you see in THE ONION)

Why does everyone not for Obama have to be an A-hole? Why you have to do 'em like that? You take all my money don't even call a playa back. Wait a minute.

DeezNutz
12-22-2008, 11:49 PM
Honestly, I dont care about him personally. Its about the football team. We all have our own lives and lifes problems... He has made 9 Mill here during his tenure in KC... He shouldnt have problems...

Fucking Crown just got me silly for a minute. Wait a minute.

Hammock Parties
12-22-2008, 11:49 PM

The difference is how much he is being paid, how much he has already made, and the number of people he is accountable for.

Being the head coach in Kansas City is like being the President of the United States. You get held to a higher standard than Joe the Plumber...

DeezNutz
12-22-2008, 11:50 PM
The difference is how much he is being paid, how much he has already made, and the number of people he is accountable for.

Being the head coach in Kansas City is like being the President of the United States. You get held to a higher standard than Joe the Plumber...

No argument. This is all true.

Reerun_KC
12-22-2008, 11:52 PM
****ing Crown just got me silly for a minute. Wait a minute.

Was in Parsons Kansas last weekend, went to the liqour store and bought a medium sized bottle of Jim Beam Distillers series.. Went to my uncles, we polished that off and a bottle of crown between the two...

Damn good thing my daughter was there to drive me to the In laws...

12-22-2008, 11:52 PM

OBAMA!!!!!!!

CHANGE!!!!

(I hate Herm too. AND this interview is the most hilarious thing EVAR. It could seriously be a headline you see in THE ONION)Herm makes Bush look gooooood. :D

DeezNutz
12-22-2008, 11:54 PM
Was in Parsons Kansas last weekend, went to the liqour store and bought a medium sized bottle of Jim Beam Distillers series.. Went to my uncles, we polished that off and a bottle of crown between the two...

Damn good thing my daughter was there to drive me to the In laws...

Whiskey and winter weather make a very nice combination.

Reerun_KC
12-22-2008, 11:56 PM
Whiskey and winter weather make a very nice combination.

doesnt it? I am a huge, huge fan of the Jim Beam series of bourbons... For some reason they just please the pallet just right...

KCJohnny
12-22-2008, 11:58 PM
Herm is a quality character head coach and I hope he gets a chance to finish what they started without Carlisms ruining the plan. 2008 was never going to be a "win now" season and everyone on Chiefs Planet KNOWS it. Youth movements start out very bad - take the 1-15 '89 Cowboys or the 3-13 '98 Colts. Both matured into powerhouse franchises that competed for a decade at a high level.

The Chiefs lost by 7 or less in 8 of the 13 games they lost. They won two. So they were in 10 of the 15 games right down to the end. That's what young, inexperienced teams heading in the right direction do. They improve.

This team will be the '08 Dolphins next year if Herm is allowed to continue the progress.

Reerun_KC
12-22-2008, 11:59 PM
Herm is a quality character head coach and I hope he gets a chance to finish what they started without Carlisms ruining the plan. 2008 was never going to be a "win now" season and everyone on Chiefs Planet KNOWS it. Youth movements start out very bad - take the 1-15 '89 Cowboys or the 3-13 '98 Colts. Both matured into powerhouse franchises that competed for a decade at a high level.

The Chiefs lost by 7 or less in 8 of the 13 games they lost. They won two. So they were in 10 of the 15 games right down to the end. That's what young, inexperienced teams heading in the right direction do. They improve.

This team will be the '08 Dolphins next year if Herm is allowed to continue the progress.

ROFL

Oh KCJohnny...

ROFL

12-23-2008, 12:00 AM

This team will be the '08 Dolphins next year if Herm is allowed to continue the progress.Normally I would say "I'll take what he's drinking" but I won't.:shake:

Reerun_KC
12-23-2008, 12:02 AM
Normally I would say "I'll take what he's drinking" but I won't.:shake:

Sad thing is he actually believes in Herm...

Herm dug his own grave and couldnt live up to the expectations his mouth set upon him when he arrived here in KC...

Herm has no one to blame but himself...

12-23-2008, 12:05 AM

Herm dug his own grave and couldnt live up to the expectations his mouth set upon him when he arrived here in KC...

Herm has no one to blame but himself...But he will still blame the players.

I have never seen such a self-centered coach.

KCJohnny
12-23-2008, 12:06 AM

Herm has no one to blame but himself...

You've never seen Herm minus Carl in KC. Might be very different.

Reerun_KC
12-23-2008, 12:08 AM

I pray every day that we will never see Herm or Carl in KC again... IF you want to build a winner you need a GM and HC that are dedicated to doing such. Not a HC that is more interested in his weekly blaming press conferences...

Also, if Herm was so great, he would stand up and admit that he had made mistakes that cost this team games, until he can do that, he will never win.

BryanBusby
12-23-2008, 12:09 AM
Carl sure showed his authority during the season this year. Canning Carl isn't going to mkae Herm prepare his team better for games and field a D that can stop a screen pass.

jAZ
12-23-2008, 12:09 AM
I continue to say that Herm should get a pass on this season. That said, a new GM should have the freedom to fire Herm if he wants. If he does get fired, I hope he goes into college coaching. I think he'd do really well there.

Reerun_KC
12-23-2008, 12:10 AM

BTW, when Herm is fired this offseason (some are reporting as early as monday) we are going to miss your dedication to Herm... I hope he lands somewhere at least as a DB coach, so you have a team you can follow again..

Reerun_KC
12-23-2008, 12:10 AM
I continue to say that Herm should get a pass on this season. That said, a new GM should have the freedom to fire Herm if he wants. If he does get fired, I hope he goes into college coaching. I think he'd do really well there.

I would like to see him at either MU or Kstate....

KCJohnny
12-23-2008, 12:13 AM
Carl sure showed his authority during the season this year. Canning Carl isn't going to mkae Herm prepare his team better for games and field a D that can stop a screen pass.

No, but it will stop the team from making personnel moves like trading the NFL sack leader away and offering Fort Knox to a RB with some serious off-the-field issues.

unothadeal
12-23-2008, 12:15 AM
No, but it will stop the team from making personnel moves like trading the NFL sack leader away and offering Fort Knox to a RB with some serious off-the-field issues.

Jared Allen would not have won us 9 games single-handedly.

Boon
12-23-2008, 12:16 AM
I would like to see him at either MU or Kstate....

ROFL

Along with GROB.

BryanBusby
12-23-2008, 12:16 AM
It doesn't matter what happens personnel wise if your Head Coach is doing a terrible job preparing your team for a 17 week season and each game. The winning seasons he has had was because the players were winning inspit of Herms ability to coach properly.

Reerun_KC
12-23-2008, 12:17 AM
ROFL

Along with GROB.

:D

Geesh, I never thought I would wish that on my worst of friends...

But what the hell MU can have them...

The Bad Guy
12-23-2008, 12:17 AM

There is nothing that 'might' be different. I'm not willing to have him stick around to prove me right. Herm is the same coach he was in New York. He sees things in a completely different light than everyone else.

In a way, you are like the Herm Edwards of this message board.

KCJohnny
12-23-2008, 12:20 AM
There is nothing that 'might' be different. I'm not willing to have him stick around to prove me right. Herm is the same coach he was in New York. He sees things in a completely different light than everyone else.

In a way, you are like the Herm Edwards of this message board.

:D

stevieray
12-23-2008, 12:21 AM
Is it me, or does this article sound a like someone on the way out?

My biggest complaint is the second half dropoff..it's inexcusable to not be able to make half time adjustments and finish games.

Crush
12-23-2008, 01:17 AM
No doubt, this was part of Herm's farewell tour.

Al Czervik
12-23-2008, 01:48 AM
Herm's favorite word when the Chiefs Lose? THEY
Herm's favorite word when the Chiefs Win? I

The fuktard's time is up.....send this douchebag packing!

DT58HOF
12-23-2008, 02:05 AM
This mother****er's about to make off with $3 million of Clark Hunt's money...UNEARNED...
not really Clark's money, it was money the Hunts have stole from the Chiefs fans over the years, idiots like me have payed to watch this team and noone has tried to field a winning team at all.
32 million under the cap is a team with no direction and no care in the world other than making money and laughing at people like us for caring and spending the money for them to live it up!!
The enitre Hunt Family can KI$$ MY A$$

Rausch
12-23-2008, 02:14 AM
not really Clark's money, it was money the Hunts have stole from the Chiefs fans over the years, idiots like me have payed to watch this team and noone has tried to field a winning team at all.
32 million under the cap is a team with no direction and no care in the world other than making money and laughing at people like us for caring and spending the money for them to live it up!!

This argument might make sense if God didn't come to the Hunt family to borrow money. The Hunts don't need the money Chiefs fans spend.

12-23-2008, 02:20 AM
This argument might make sense if God didn't come to the Hunt family to borrow money. The Hunts don't need the money Chiefs fans spend.How dare you come into this thread and make sense.:cuss:

reiko57
12-23-2008, 02:21 AM
they should fire herm just because hes delusional

BigMeatballDave
12-23-2008, 02:23 AM

This team will be the '08 Dolphins next year if Herm is allowed to continue the progress.ROFL

Chiefs Pantalones
12-23-2008, 02:25 AM

They have tried to field a winning team. The fact is they just aren't good at it and it's about time things are starting to change.

Rausch
12-23-2008, 02:27 AM

How you were able to see the clear weak link in DV's coaching and not Herm's is beyond me.

JOhn
12-23-2008, 02:32 AM
yup, and the Earth is flat also.:shake:

2bikemike
12-23-2008, 05:54 AM
Edwards says Chiefs are well-coached
(http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-chiefsturmoil&prov=ap&type=lgns)
.”

That quote right there tells you Herm doesn't know shit about coaching!

KCJohnny
12-23-2008, 06:29 AM
How you were able to see the clear weak link in DV's coaching and not Herm's is beyond me.

O come now, Brad. I have been very hard on Herm and will continue to do so. I hate Cover Who. The merry-go-round with the kickers in 2007 was maddening. NO ONE was harder on Herm than me after the 2006 R2P2 playoff debacle at Indy. I excoriated him on the "21 is a lot of points" horsehockey. I made sport of BucBall.

What I won't do is stand by idly while people attack his character, his intelligence, his integrity, or lie about his past, or take away from his record as a HC, or personally attack or insult him. I did not support the Vermiel Ramifization campaign of 2001-2002 but I did not go after DV personally. I was upset that he was clearly taking the Rams identity down I-70 and was forcing it a team that had an identity already.

Herm has done what no KC Chiefs HC has been allowed to do - rebuild it from the perpetual 7-9/9-7 mode the team was in before Edwards arrived.

Was I in favor of hiring Edwards? No. There were a dozen other guys I would rather have had in KC. I do not think Herm has the genius for Xs and Os like a Vermiel or a Stram. But I think the whole premise of allowing him to tear it up and start all over with young players while the GM/owner hamstrung him with $32 mil of cap dollars (basically putting a team on the field whose talent is 30% cheaper than the rest of the NFL) after trading away its best player OBLIGES Clark Hunt to continue with Herm at LEAST one more year.

I do not know if Herm will be a SB coach. Many others from the Dungy tree are doing well in the league. Herm's players play hard and do not point fingers. His staff works very hard. I do not see any glaring deficits in his leadership abilities. He lacks no confidence and knows who he is. He deserves another year if for no other reason than the pretense under which he was allowed to gut the team and start all over again - as the youngest team in the NFL.

I am disgusted with the disappointing play of his _efense this season. Some of that was due to losing Allen, getting plagued with injuries, and just plain youth and inexperience. Some of it is no doubt the result of poor coaching - some of it. And most of the members of CP are not qualified to say how much is it the fault of the players, coaches, draft picks, GM or just plain bad luck.

My gut tells me that Clark stays with the project already begun. The Chiefs will have another sky-high draft pick this season. But I will not be surprised at all if a new GM comes in with a comprehensive plan that includes retaining no current coaches, staff or Tyler Thigpen as the guy. And I will root for the Chiefs either way.

PhillyChiefFan
12-23-2008, 06:47 AM
This mother****er's about to make off with $3 million of Clark Hunt's money...UNEARNED...

A small price to pay for his departure.

NewChief
12-23-2008, 06:49 AM
I do not know if Herm will be a SB coach. Many others from the Dungy tree are doing well in the league. Herm's players play hard and do not point fingers. His staff works very hard. I do not see any glaring deficits in his leadership abilities. He lacks no confidence and knows who he is. He deserves another year if for no other reason than the pretense under which he was allowed to gut the team and start all over again - as the youngest team in the NFL.

Herm will be lucky if he's ever a head coach in the NFL again. I'm not sure that anyone will even give him a coordinator job at this point. He'll be in broadcasting next year.

KCJohnny
12-23-2008, 06:52 AM
Herm will be lucky if he's ever a head coach in the NFL again. I'm not sure that anyone will even give him a coordinator job at this point. He'll be in broadcasting next year.

According to Mitch Holthus, there will be huge news in 30-45 days. I don't agree that Herm won't coach again, but its possible he'll be fired.

sportsman1
12-23-2008, 07:10 AM
Thats good stuff right there. I don't care who you are. LMAO.. if there was any doubt Hermy is a retard.. all was removed. I guess NFL has to have equal hiring practices for the mentally handicapped to.

Mama Hip Rockets
12-23-2008, 07:43 AM
Only would this ****ing moron say he's done a good job when he's won just 2 times in 15 games.

actually, 2 times in 24 games, if you take into account the 9-game losing streak at the end of last year.

dirk digler
12-23-2008, 07:51 AM

God you're dumb

Frosty
12-23-2008, 07:55 AM
Herm is the anti-DV. When DV was coaching, after a loss, he would always say that the coaches let the players down, the coaches need to come back and work harder, etc. It was never, ever a player's fault.

With Herm, it is never, ever a coaches fault. He is basically calling his players idiots.

Swanman
12-23-2008, 07:57 AM
Only would this ****ing moron say he's done a good job when he's won just 2 times in 24 games. His level of accepting failure is epic.

FYP

BigChiefFan
12-23-2008, 08:17 AM
See ReeRun, it paid off to continue beating that drum of Herm's salary.:D

Reerun_KC
12-23-2008, 08:32 AM
See ReeRun, it paid off to continue beating that drum of Herm's salary.:D

:clap:
That deserves some rep!

kc rush
12-23-2008, 08:59 AM
Exactly. He finger points and passes the buck more than anyone I've ever seen.

I was like this too, I used to point fingers and pass the buck. Of course I was only 14 years old at the time.

KCJohnny
12-23-2008, 09:27 AM
Herm is the anti-DV. When DV was coaching, after a loss, he would always say that the coaches let the players down, the coaches need to come back and work harder, etc. It was never, ever a player's fault.

With Herm, it is never, ever a coaches fault. He is basically calling his players idiots.

Right. That's why they are all playing so hard for him.

KCJohnny
12-23-2008, 09:28 AM
God you're dumb

That's some deep analysis, man. You should think about writing for Sports Illustrated.

Agent V
12-23-2008, 09:33 AM
Right. That's why they are all playing so hard for him.

And winning all those games.

dirk digler
12-23-2008, 09:54 AM
That's some deep analysis, man. You should think about writing for Sports Illustrated.

It doesn't take deep analysis to say that you're dumb for saying that Herm is a quality head coach.

The guy has won 14 games in 3 fucking years. How the fuck is that quality? He has a worse record than Gun and he was shit-canned after 2 years.

You know KCJohnny you really are a dumb motherfucker.

alpha_omega
12-23-2008, 09:57 AM
ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

I'm not even reading it after that title.

My thoughts exactly....on to the next topic.