PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs About the stadium renovations...

Agent V
12-23-2008, 09:07 PM
I read the renovations will be completely finished in 2011. On the jumbotron at Arrowhead however, they are using "The New Arrowhead" as a selling point for 2009 tickets. Anybody know just how much or which part of this renovation will be completed by next season? I was looking forward to the concourse renovations in particular.

Over-Head
12-23-2008, 09:08 PM
Burn tine placee hand strt aghin

Agent V
12-23-2008, 09:11 PM
Burn tine placee hand strt aghin

I know it's hard to type with one hand but Jesus...

Bugeater
12-23-2008, 09:18 PM
You'll probably have some nice steelwork to gaze upon.

KcMizzou
12-23-2008, 09:18 PM
I know it's hard to type with one hand but Jesus...Man, that avy is an actual pic.

Cut him some slack, would ya?

reiko57
12-23-2008, 09:22 PM
the chiefs renovations aren't as visually pleasing as the royals

who cares though, who wants to be at either?

Agent V
12-23-2008, 09:32 PM
the chiefs renovations aren't as visually pleasing as the royals

who cares though, who wants to be at either?

If Herm and Carl are BOTH gone, I'm there. Shitty construction or not.

ZootedGranny
12-23-2008, 09:55 PM
The only thing I know is that the hd video screens and the video ribbon will be installed in time for the 09 season.

RustShack
12-23-2008, 09:57 PM
So can I get a recap on what all is being/has been done? The first and only time I've been there was the Raider game this year... sucks I know.

Ultra Peanut
12-23-2008, 10:38 PM
The only thing I know is that the hd video screens and the video ribbon will be installed in time for the 09 season.Arrowhead with a video ribbon just seems wrong.

KcMizzou
12-23-2008, 10:41 PM
Arrowhead with a video ribbon just seems wrong.Meh, I don't mind.

It's not like it's Wrigley.

Some stadiums are famous for history. Chiefs fans made Arrowhead famous.

Put a team the fans can believe in on the field, and Arrowhead will be back in it's proper place.

bowener
12-23-2008, 10:47 PM
Plus side to the renovations are that they saved millions by removing some key features.

After CP is canned and most likely Herm et al., the designers and C Hunt agreed to remove the 15 suicide booths that were to be located through out the stadium. They decided that the cause for most of the hopelessness had been removed. They are now replacing them with Carl Peterson Era simulators, apparently in an attepmt to stay connected to the past. It is rumored that patrons can insert a dollar, or any higher amount, and watch as the machine takes your money and gives you nothing for it. This may help teach the younger fans what they got to miss out on.

Personally, I think it is a nice touch. Upon the day the Chiefs are looked on as the current Pats are, I think this will be a good way to keep our fans intouch with what it takes to get to such great heights.

blueballs
12-23-2008, 10:52 PM
they will weld the piss troughs together
hoist it up to Peterson's office window
and send Carl's belongings down to the parking lot

Reerun_KC
12-23-2008, 10:54 PM
Plus side to the renovations are that they saved millions by removing some key features.

After CP is canned and most likely Herm et al., the designers and C Hunt agreed to remove the 15 suicide booths that were to be located through out the stadium. They decided that the cause for most of the hopelessness had been removed. They are now replacing them with Carl Peterson Era simulators, apparently in an attepmt to stay connected to the past. It is rumored that patrons can insert a dollar, or any higher amount, and watch as the machine takes your money and gives you nothing for it. This may help teach the younger fans what they got to miss out on.

Personally, I think it is a nice touch. Upon the day the Chiefs are looked on as the current Pats are, I think this will be a good way to keep our fans intouch with what it takes to get to such great heights.

But we won so many regular season games...

bowener
12-23-2008, 10:58 PM
But we won so many regular season games...

Fine. I hear the machines are going to flash 2 pictures when you put your money in, no matter the amount. The first picture will be the sea of red cheering after winning a regular season contest, as made clear by the fancy gothic script at the bottom of the image that will read, "regular season victory." The second picture will be the red sea pissed off and leaving early from a playoff loss. This too will be made clear by the script at the bottom that will say, "early exit after a playoff loss."

bowener
12-23-2008, 11:01 PM
There was an early draft drawn up for a CP era machine that didnt make it off the draftsman's paper. Apparently you placed money in the hand of a bronze-like replica of Carl Peterson, who then thanked you as he placed the money in his pocket. Shortly after this he swiftly kicked you in your balls.

They deemed it too sexist because it did not account for female fans who were ****ed over as well, and the phrase, "**** Punt," did not go over well with Roger Goddell.

Agent V
12-23-2008, 11:11 PM
There was an early draft drawn up for a CP era machine that didnt make it off the draftsman's paper. Apparently you placed money in the hand of a bronze-like replica of Carl Peterson, who then thanked you as he placed the money in his pocket. Shortly after this he swiftly kicked you in your balls.

They deemed it too sexist because it did not account for female fans who were ****ed over as well, and the phrase, "**** Punt," did not go over well with Roger Goddell.

If you did that as a child, you'd probably get kicked in the face. Plus, after he kicked you in the nuts or ****, he'd shout, commanding you to, "Sit the f**k down and shut the f**k up." Also frowned upon by Goodell.

Phobia
12-24-2008, 12:43 AM
This was an interview I did much earlier this year. Hopefully some of it can help you:
With the 2008 NFL Free Agency period beginning recently, Chiefs fans have been patiently waiting for news of a big Free Agent acquisition to help the Chiefs improve for the 2008 season. While a couple of Free Agents were signed, no earth-shattering news has come out of One Arrowhead Drive with regard to signings. While many Chiefs fans are disappointed in the lack of Free Agent activity, I believe that signing a bunch of Free Agents on their second, third, or even fourth contracts is detrimental to the team's rebuilding efforts, youth movement, and player development. When a Free Agent is signed to a high dollar contract, you almost have to play him over a younger player to justify the salary going out the door. The Kendrell Bell saga being a recent exception to that unwritten rule but evidence to support my contention. Championship teams are generally built through the draft and player development, not through Free Agency. Look towards the Free Agency dabbling Washington Redskins for further evidence of that common misnomer.

However, big news concerning the Kansas City Chiefs this offseason is the big stadiums renovation project. There is plenty of confusion amongst Jackson County taxpayers regarding the planned upgrades so we'll be using this space this month to clear up several questions. Chiefs Director of Public Relations Bob Moore was kind enough to answer several questions for our publication this month. My thanks go to the Chiefs for providing the time to shed some light on the stadium project.

Q: There is some confusion about the turf plans. Initially, the practice field was to be SprintTurf and now rumors say that the Arrowhead field will also be SprintTurf. Can you clarify those plans?

A: The Arrowhead Stadium field was never intended to be SprintTurf – never. The reports came out of a media report that confused the two fields. SprintTurf was to be the surface for the third practice (former Wizards) field that is now a community youth field down at the practice facility. The indoor field will also be SprintTuf.

Q: Can you also tell us why SprintTurf was the selection over natural surfaces and FieldTurf?

A: The product, the players' like of that surface compared to some of the other surfaces, quality, innovation of SprintTurf people. It seemed to be the best play-abiliy.

Q: What changes will be evident from the end of the season '07 to the season opener '08?

A: The construction fencing around the stadium will affect entrance/exit locations for '08. There will be minor parking loss (see answer below). Suffice to say, it won't be a significant bite since Arrowhead is the second largest parking lot in the NFL.

Q: Will the new ribbon board be installed this offseason?

A: No, it's scheduled for '09 and/or '10.

Q: Will the sound system upgrades be in place for '08?

A: No, scheduled for '09 and/or '10.

Q: Are there any plans for honoring Lamar Hunt in the New Arrowhead?

A: Lamar Hunt will be remembered in a heroic-sized full-figured statue that will stand in what is known as The Founder's Plaza at the entrance that once led into the old Arrowhead Club. The area will include a listing of innovations in in-ground plaques that Hunt made to all the sports he was involved in as well as a design element of the famous "65 Toss Power Trap" play. Eight fountains depicting the eight franchises that were the original members of the AFL will surround a giant in-ground AFL seal Natural grasses and trees will line the area..

Q: The upgrades for Club level are well publicized and numerous. What amenities can the lower and upper levels expect?

A: Wider concourses, upgraded and more restrooms, more concession stands and more diverse concessions, larger team store, large interactive Hall of Honor with the history of the franchise accessible to everyone. Fans will have the ability to get their food and beverage, visit the restroom and get back to their seats faster so they'll miss less of the game. More elevators, dedicated escalators, new stadium entries. Cabaret seating in the upper "Horizon level" with restroom and concession area.

Q: How is parking going to be impacted for the '08 season?

A: Less parking in Lot M due to construction at Kauffman Stadium and some in Lot K where the Royals have their construction trailers..

Q: Will changes to the Wolfpack and Pavilion be completed in time for the '08 season?

A: There are no changes to the Pavilion.

Q: Will seating be changed in any way, such adding amenities to the seats themselves?

A: No changes to the seats. On the club level a few seats will be removed due to ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) regulations.

Q: Will bathroom upgrades include individual urinals or will the trough system be retained?

A: All new restrooms will feature individual urinals and in many instances troughs will be removed in the existing restrooms.

Q: With regard to scheduling, is everything still on track? Where can scheduling information be located?

A: Updates will appear on the team's Web site. (www.kcchiefs.com)

Q: What changes have been modified from the original plan that was voted on by taxpayers?
A: No changes to my knowledge.

Q: Which major changes will be delayed until after the 2008 season?

A: All major changes that impact fans will occur after '08.

bowener
12-24-2008, 12:48 AM
A: All major changes that impact fans will occur after '08.

A god was ye who prophesied this. A change has come, affecting the fans it truly will.

WilliamTheIrish
12-24-2008, 08:08 AM
If the city/state/franchise had done the right thing and FORCED a new stadium on either franchise, and IF the Hunt's would dip into their deep pockets a little more we'd have been much better off.

Have you seen the stadium that JJ has built? The video board in that thing is just incredible. That place is going to be a money machine for him.

We're renovating to bring the stadium up to USS Enterprise standards and Jones is building the Death Star.

Ebolapox
12-24-2008, 08:16 AM
it has to be asked--what is a video ribbon?

J Diddy
12-24-2008, 08:19 AM
If the city/state/franchise had done the right thing and FORCED a new stadium on either franchise, and IF the Hunt's would dip into their deep pockets a little more we'd have been much better off.

Have you seen the stadium that JJ has built? The video board in that thing is just incredible. That place is going to be a money machine for him.

We're renovating to bring the stadium up to USS Enterprise standards and Jones is building the Death Star.

I'll take teh enterprise over the death star any day.

InChiefsHeaven
12-24-2008, 08:35 AM
it has to be asked--what is a video ribbon?

It's like a strip of video board that goes around the whole stadium on the inside...like the ring of fame only electronic. Every new stadium or arena has one.

TEX
12-24-2008, 09:16 AM
Any pics of the work in progress?

Extra Point
12-24-2008, 09:41 AM
they will weld the piss troughs together
hoist it up to Peterson's office window
and send Carl's belongings down to the parking lot

A tank for a linear thinker. Beautiful!

ChiefsCountry
12-24-2008, 09:44 AM

Dallas's new stadium is costing double of what we are doing to both of ours. Of course if the roof had passed (which was the dumbest thing Kansas Citians have done lately) we would have been better off in the long run.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-24-2008, 10:15 AM
Dallas's new stadium is costing double of what we are doing to both of ours. Of course if the roof had passed (which was the dumbest thing Kansas Citians have done lately) we would have been better off in the long run.

I am truly astounded by the burning desire some of you people have to freeze your asses off for four quarters.

Reerun_KC
12-24-2008, 10:17 AM
I am truly astounded by the burning desire some of you people have to freeze your asses off for four quarters.

Not me, I always go to the early season games... I leave the cold and crap to the rest of the family...

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-24-2008, 10:19 AM
Not me, I always go to the early season games... I leave the cold and crap to the rest of the family...

No shit. You know, "roof" does not necessarily mean "dome"; there's a LOT of room for interpretation there.

Brock
12-24-2008, 10:41 AM

Football games shouldn't be played at the mall.

Bugeater
12-24-2008, 10:47 AM

I know the plan was to enclose and heat it for a Super Bowl, but IIRC they weren't planning on doing it for regular season games.

blueballs
12-24-2008, 10:50 AM
any chance as a reward for Clark
for removing Carl from future NFL gatherings
they will allow DT his rightful place in the HOF

WilliamTheIrish
12-24-2008, 11:04 AM
Football games shouldn't be played at the mall.

I know that. And I realize that the amount of wealth in Dallas far outreaches the amount of wealth in KC. But looking at it from a revenue standpoint, and the possibility of uncapped years in the future, we band-aided this stadium like Dr. Nic from The Simpsons while they went to a Beverly Hills plastic surgeon for theirs. And Jones did it with 1bil$ out of his own pocket. 45 mil on the video board alone.

Once that monster is done we'll never see another Big 12 CCG here. I'll bet he makes a bid for the Cotton Bowl to be a BCS gig soon also.

InChiefsHeaven
12-24-2008, 11:24 AM
Any pics of the work in progress?

The website has all the plans here:

http://www.kcchiefs.com/newarrowhead/

and then there is a live webcam that you can control here:

http://www.kcchiefs.com/arrowheadcam/

TEX
12-24-2008, 11:42 AM
The website has all the plans here:

http://www.kcchiefs.com/newarrowhead/

and then there is a live webcam that you can control here:

http://www.kcchiefs.com/arrowheadcam/

Thanks!

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-24-2008, 11:42 AM
I know the plan was to enclose and heat it for a Super Bowl, but IIRC they weren't planning on doing it for regular season games.

Well then that was a dumb idea, because NO ONE wants to go to Kansas City in February to watch a SB.

InChiefsHeaven
12-24-2008, 01:58 PM
Well then that was a dumb idea, because NO ONE wants to go to Kansas City in February to watch a SB.

Shit, I'd rather go to KC than to Detroit...and THEY got a SB a couple years ago...

dtebbe
12-24-2008, 02:25 PM
I suspect the concourse widening (at least in the lower levels) will be done for next year. They had to move me to make room, and I'm sure they wouldn't do that until they had to.

DT

Mojo Jojo
12-24-2008, 02:38 PM
My understanding from some contractors I work with that are also on the Arrowhead project the Club level and Suite areas are to be done first, the lower level next and the upper level is getting very few new things except bathrooms. A lot of the money went into the PF and the new office building...you know the things that the taxpayer will never see or use.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-24-2008, 02:46 PM
Shit, I'd rather go to KC than to Detroit...and THEY got a SB a couple years ago...

That would be Seahawks V Steelers, and the Silver dome is the ONLY northern climate city to host a Super Bowl. Ever.

The one before that was in 1982.

It's gotta' be some kind of Ford Family "grease the wheel"-shit.

Bugeater
12-24-2008, 02:52 PM
That would be Seahawks V Steelers, and the Silver dome is the ONLY northern climate city to host a Super Bowl. Ever.

The one before that was in 1982.

It's gotta' be some kind of Ford Family "grease the wheel"-shit.

There was one in the Metrodome in 1992.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-24-2008, 02:56 PM
There was one in the Metrodome in 1992.

Yep; you are correct sir!