PDA

View Full Version : Poop What a miserable morning..........

Mr. Flopnuts
12-24-2008, 10:49 AM
My work has been closed. They decided to go ahead and open up shop today to try and get some stuff done before our 4 day holiday. Well, I went out this morning and my wife stole my truck. She left me her little Stratus that I had to dig out of 3 feet of snow. Slapped our chains on there and took off.

I got about 1 mile and the chains snapped. Then trying to drive up a big hill I slip slided all over the place narrowly missing some trucks. Got stuck. Had to dig myself out of the snow and decided it was time to pack it in and go home. Inched back toward my place, and couldn't get up the small incline leading into my apartment complex. Had to park the car across the street in a little strip mall.

I'm pretty experienced driving in adverse weather conditions, but I have to say, I've never driven in anything remotely close to this. If I had my truck, I'm sure I would've made it. For those of you who have 2WD cars, how the hell do you deal with this stuff every year? What we have right now in Seattle I assume is pretty standard for you guys out in the midwest.

Free free to throw in the obligatory "You're a pussy" comments. This is the first time road conditions have ever prevented me from getting somewhere.

The Franchise
12-24-2008, 10:50 AM
I'd hurt your wife.

Bowser
12-24-2008, 10:52 AM
You're a pussy.*

*obligatory

blueballs
12-24-2008, 10:53 AM
not so floppy now
are they

Bowser
12-24-2008, 10:54 AM
Yeah, I've got to get out and about here in a little while. KC didn't get much snow, but the roads are iced over underneath, and my car gets around in the snow about as good as a drunk guy navigates a buffet.

Bowser
12-24-2008, 10:54 AM
not so floppy now
are they

Heh.

seclark
12-24-2008, 10:55 AM
not so floppy now
are they

guffah!
sec

Mr. Flopnuts
12-24-2008, 10:56 AM
I'd hurt your wife.

Yeah, honestly I thought about it. But, I'd rather be the one stuck than her. She'd fold up like a house of cards and I would've had to leave work anyway. As it stands, at least one of us is getting paid. Although, I wouldn't be surprised if my work went ahead and paid me anyway. They've already closed for 3 days and paid me for those. I won't be greedy though, if they do they do, if they don't they don't.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-24-2008, 10:56 AM
not so floppy now
are they

LMAO That is fucking gold.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-24-2008, 10:57 AM
You're a pussy.

FYP

El Jefe
12-24-2008, 11:00 AM
My work has been closed. They decided to go ahead and open up shop today to try and get some stuff done before our 4 day holiday. Well, I went out this morning and my wife stole my truck. She left me her little Stratus that I had to dig out of 3 feet of snow. Slapped our chains on there and took off.

I got about 1 mile and the chains snapped. Then trying to drive up a big hill I slip slided all over the place narrowly missing some trucks. Got stuck. Had to dig myself out of the snow and decided it was time to pack it in and go home. Inched back toward my place, and couldn't get up the small incline leading into my apartment complex. Had to park the car across the street in a little strip mall.

I'm pretty experienced driving in adverse weather conditions, but I have to say, I've never driven in anything remotely close to this. If I had my truck, I'm sure I would've made it. For those of you who have 2WD cars, how the hell do you deal with this stuff every year? What we have right now in Seattle I assume is pretty standard for you guys out in the midwest.
Free free to throw in the obligatory "You're a pussy" comments. This is the first time road conditions have ever prevented me from getting somewhere.

Ohio isn't terrible, but it can get pretty bad out in the country where I live. When I drove my 3 previous cars which were all RWD, I would load the back up with rock salt bags, and put the snow tires on. My Buick I'm driving now, has traction control, which makes it a lot easier to deal with. I would love to have an AWD those rascals can cut through the snow. On the same note, last year I couldn't get out of my driveway for 2 weeks with my Buick, I had to drive the 4x4. Our driveway is very long about 200 yards and I need to get a quad with a snow plow, or get a snow play for the truck, so I can keep the driveway clean. By myself it would be a 2 day job at least to shovel it by hand.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-24-2008, 11:01 AM
I had a '95 Taurus that I drove for years. It was FWD, and got around unbelievably well in the snow. We got 16+ inches a few years ago where I lived, and as soon as I dug it out, it was one of the only "cars" on the road.

DeezNutz
12-24-2008, 11:04 AM
I'm guessing the road crews in your neck of the woods don't have a ****ing clue about how to handle the slightest bit of nastiness, so, though not be able to make it sounds bad at first, it probably couldn't have been helped.

One of my good friends just moved from MN to Des Moines, and he couldn't believe the difference in road care. Said it was MUCH tougher to get around now b/c MN DOT was ****ing unbelievable. They'd have to be, really.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-24-2008, 11:06 AM
Ohio isn't terrible, but it can get pretty bad out in the country where I live. When I drove my 3 previous cars which were all RWD, I would load the back up with rock salt bags, and put the snow tires on. My Buick I'm driving now, has traction control, which makes it a lot easier to deal with. I would love to have an AWD those rascals can cut through the snow. On the same note, last year I couldn't get out of my driveway for 2 weeks with my Buick, I had to drive the 4x4. Our driveway is very long about 200 yards and I need to get a quad with a snow plow, or get a snow play for the truck, so I can keep the driveway clean. By myself it would be a 2 day job at least to shovel it by hand.

LMAO This reminds me of the tree huggers I live amongst. Seattle has refused to put down sand or salt on the road because of the harm it does to the environment. Seattle is filled with steep hills all over the place. Those roads are closed and the city has come out and said, "If you don't have AWD, or chains on your car don't leave the house. You'll get stuck, and we're not going to sand or salt the roads."

I just hope they remember their stance when people don't go to work, don't get paid, and don't pay as much in taxes. This city has been locked down by and large for over a week. Bus service is atrocious. Hundreds lined up at bus stops waiting for Metro buses that are half staffed and packed full when they come by every 2 hours. This shit only happens once every decade and the city's lack of preparation, combined with their apathetic attitude toward it is unbelievable.

Bowser
12-24-2008, 11:10 AM
LMAO This reminds me of the tree huggers I live amongst. Seattle has refused to put down sand or salt on the road because of the harm it does to the environment. Seattle is filled with steep hills all over the place. Those roads are closed and the city has come out and said, "If you don't have AWD, or chains on your car don't leave the house. You'll get stuck, and we're not going to sand or salt the roads."

I just hope they remember their stance when people don't go to work, don't get paid, and don't pay as much in taxes. This city has been locked down by and large for over a week. Bus service is atrocious. Hundreds lined up at bus stops waiting for Metro buses that are half staffed and packed full when they come by every 2 hours. This shit only happens once every decade and the city's lack of preparation, combined with their apathetic attitude toward it is unbelievable.

So the hippies don't want to treat the roads due to environmental concerns, but would rather you get a gas guzzler or a diesel to get around in the snow. Sounds about right.

Reminds me of the scene in Armageddon where Greenpeace is protesting Bruce Willis' Oil Rig in that diesel chugging boat as he hits golf balls at them.

Demonpenz
12-24-2008, 11:11 AM
i have an 05 lancer and the last 3 years have been pretty good. I think it is because of the skinny tires just dig through the snow. It is easier in an manual tranny I think to really master the roads, but mine as been decent. I had a 94 eclipse before that and even though it was front wheel drive it was like riding a bidet out there.

Frazod
12-24-2008, 11:12 AM
For the most part, the Chicago area is flatter than a supermodel's chest. That certainly helps.

DeezNutz
12-24-2008, 11:13 AM
For the most part, the Chicago area is flatter than a supermodel's chest. That certainly helps.

Not my favorite ones...

Demonpenz
12-24-2008, 11:13 AM
I ususally just salt driveways and the roads that I know won't be plowed the night before or during the snow.

Frazod
12-24-2008, 11:14 AM
Not my favorite ones...

Well, mine either. But you know what I mean.

Demonpenz
12-24-2008, 11:16 AM

to nit pick the "super" models all have above average breasts. It's those run of the mill fashion ones you see that have the body like olive oil

Marissa Miller
Tyra banks
Cindy crawford
Adriana Lima
Gieselle Button

DeezNutz
12-24-2008, 11:17 AM

Yeah, those those ice ages do a fucking number on the topography.

RNR
12-24-2008, 11:21 AM

I have 4WD so weather is not a problem most of the time. Today I woke up and opened the door to sheet ice :cuss: It is against the law to warm your truck up unless you are in it where I live. By the time I was finished cleaning off the windows it was blowing warm air :cuss: 4WD helps you start but adds nothing to driving and coming to a stop :cuss: Drove 30 mph on the highway to work :cuss: I am now back home and do not return untill the 5th :) so let it snow let it snow or ice or whatever untill next year :D

Duck Dog
12-24-2008, 11:22 AM
We have record snow for December. Neither my wife or myself drive anything that doesn't have 4wd. Plus my beater truck has a snow plow!

Frazod
12-24-2008, 11:26 AM
I have 4WD so weather is not a problem most of the time. Today I woke up and opened the door to sheet ice :cuss: It is against the law to warm your truck up unless you are in it where I live. By the time I was finished cleaning off the windows it was blowing warm air :cuss: 4WD helps you start but adds nothing to driving and coming to a stop :cuss: Drove 30 mph on the highway to work :cuss: I am now back home and do not return untill the 5th :) so let it snow let it snow or ice or whatever untill next year :D

It's against the law to warm your vehicle up? :spock:

What the fuck kind of police state do you live in?

Dr. Johnny Fever
12-24-2008, 11:28 AM

Merry Christmas

Mr. Flopnuts
12-24-2008, 11:28 AM

What the fuck kind of police state do you live in?

I'd almost think he lived in Seattle. But if that's a law, it's one I'm unaware of.

Demonpenz
12-24-2008, 11:29 AM
you can't warm up your car unattended in colorado

Mr. Flopnuts
12-24-2008, 11:29 AM
Merry Christmas

You're a pimp. Merry Christmas to you too. When put in perspective, it was a minor inconvenience.

Demonpenz
12-24-2008, 11:30 AM
used to call them puffers

Abba-Dabba
12-24-2008, 11:37 AM
If you can't drive a front wheel drive car in the snow, I have to really question if you could drive a rear wheel drive truck in the snow. :p

Maybe you should let the wife keep the truck and you drive the womens car.

DeezNutz
12-24-2008, 11:41 AM
If you can't drive a front wheel drive car in the snow, I have to really question if you could drive a rear wheel drive truck in the snow. :p

Saggysack and Flopnuts? You two related?

seclark
12-24-2008, 11:42 AM
Saggysack and Flopnuts? You two related?

co-joined twins, separated at birth.
sec

CoMoChief
12-24-2008, 11:43 AM

sounds like u need to either slap your wife and put her in timeout or learn how to drive

RNR
12-24-2008, 11:44 AM

What the **** kind of police state do you live in?

You can warm it up as long as you are sitting in it or standing by it. If you leave your car running in the driveway and you are inside you can get a ticket, if you go to the store and leave your car running you can get a ticket and I am talking a Quik Trip.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-24-2008, 11:44 AM
sounds like u need to either slap your wife and put her in timeout or learn how to drive

Both.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-24-2008, 11:45 AM

Good thing for me the truck is AWD. :D

Gonzo
12-24-2008, 11:47 AM
I have to take my wife and son to her work every day the roads are even the slightest bit nasty... Not because she has no driving skills but because I let her talk me into buying her a 94 Mustang GT convertible. It has the Goodyear Eagles on it that are speed rated at like 400 mph or some crazy shit.

We will be selling that car this spring. It only has 45,000 on it and is in mint cond. If anyones interested, pm me.

Buck
12-24-2008, 11:48 AM
Mike,

That reminds me of whats going on in San Diego now.

Normally I'm used to driving in perfect conditions, but lately it has been raining.

Now I have to drive like 10 mph slower.

How do you Seattlites (or is it Seattlans?) do it?

Frazod
12-24-2008, 11:48 AM
You can warm it up as long as you are sitting in it or standing by it. If you leave your car running in the driveway and you are inside you can get a ticket, if you go to the store and leave your car running you can get a ticket and I am talking a Quik Trip.

That is the dumbest fucking thing I have ever heard of. :shake:

Mr. Flopnuts
12-24-2008, 11:49 AM
Mike,

That reminds me of whats going on in San Diego now.

Normally I'm used to driving in perfect conditions, but lately it has been raining.

Now I have to drive like 10 mph slower.

How do you Seattlites (or is it Seattlans?) do it?

You fuckin smart ass. ROFL

It is Seattlites btw.

RNR
12-24-2008, 11:50 AM
I have to take my wife and son to her work every day the roads are even the slightest bit nasty... Not because she has no driving skills but because I let her talk me into buying her a 94 Mustang GT convertible. It has the Goodyear Eagles on it that are speed rated at like 400 mph or some crazy shit.

We will be selling that car this spring. It only has 45,000 on it and is in mint cond. If anyones interested, pm me.

ROFL you just ran off all the married buyers

Skip Towne
12-24-2008, 11:50 AM
That is the dumbest fucking thing I have ever heard of. :shake:

I hope Oklahoma doesn't find out about it.

The Franchise
12-24-2008, 11:51 AM
You fuckin smart ass. ROFL

It is Seattlites btw.

I'm sure he's being a smart ass.....but there are people in California that have no fucking clue how to drive in the rain. Fucking tards.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-24-2008, 12:01 PM

Considering the fact that Oklahoma has not yet discovered the miracle of the Salt Truck, you shouldn't have to worry.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-24-2008, 12:05 PM

LMAO I was thinking the same thing about Washington state.

I'm sure he's being a smart ass.....but there are people in California that have no fucking clue how to drive in the rain. Fucking tards.

LMAO People in Seattle can't either. It rains 200 days a year here, but 190 of them are a constant drizzle. Sprinkling. I've been to the midwest, amongst other places. The rain here isn't real rain.

RNR
12-24-2008, 12:08 PM

Well I live in Kansas and the only difference is red dirt

Skip Towne
12-24-2008, 12:19 PM
Well I live in Kansas and the only difference is red dirt

Oklahoma leads the nation in asinine laws and draconian punishments.

RNR
12-24-2008, 12:22 PM
Oklahoma leads the nation in asinine laws and draconian punishments.

Check Kansas we can not be far behind! Oh wait you guys have a NBA team hows that working out anyway? :)

alanm
12-24-2008, 01:34 PM
Anything over 10" I usually stay home. So do most people. Anything less you're a puss. :D

JuicesFlowing
12-24-2008, 01:38 PM
I assume is pretty standard for you guys out in the midwest.

Actually in Southcentral Kansas, we just get ice, freezing rain, sleet, and maybe if a "really bad storm" comes through, we'll get 3 inches of snow.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-24-2008, 01:43 PM
Actually in Southcentral Kansas, we just get ice, freezing rain, sleet, and maybe if a "really bad storm" comes through, we'll get 3 inches of snow.

Really? We've had 2' drop in the last week. I always thought that was standard fare for the midwest. I know it happened the 2 years I was in Branson.

wolfpack0735
12-24-2008, 02:00 PM

here in my part of southcentral kansas we got 4 inches of snow last week. the next day it was sunny and in the 40`s and melted. the wind is what is the bit@h. a calm day it is only blowing in the 30`s.

Dr. Johnny Fever
12-24-2008, 02:41 PM
You're a pimp. Merry Christmas to you too. When put in perspective, it was a minor inconvenience.

Oh I agree you had a pretty crappy morning... just sayin Merry Christmas.

rtmike
12-24-2008, 02:51 PM

Same down here in Vancouver. I do it anyways. If it's slick out I'm not getting out of my chair to try and scrape windows so I say **** 'em and do it anyways.

Our little city is second to Seattle in lack of salt shakers/snow plows per amount of people. I guess we're not as environmentally correct down here since we started using salt last year. The chemical they were using got too expensive so they started using salt after a couple decades of not using it. They claimed the cars of today will never see any damage in our lifetime. I say "yeah right".

All it has to do is flurry a little and the Portland metro area is closed down. Which is a good thing cause no one knows how to drive in it. Not counting last night we've got 13". My wife (former Californian) thinks I'm some kind of God after driving her to work in my little FWD 300m Monday morning. She doesn't understand, this is nothing compared to the midwest.

We don't have the amount of hills that you folks up there have Floppy so I can imagine the troubles. I was always happy we didn't have as many down here cause I can't imagine the work the crane rental guys' go thru up there to crib up a crane.