PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Herm Edwards needs to finish what he started

Chieftain58
12-24-2008, 02:19 PM
Throwing Herm Edwards out now would be a step backwards. He started this youth movement and needs 1 more year to prove himself. If he fails so be it but give the guy a chance he has created a competetive team that looks good for the most part except for the pass rush. He has done alot of positive on our team.

(1) He has found a potential QB of the Future
(2) Great Corners and Safeties
(3) Offense is clicking and improving
(4) Offensive line is good
(5) Made us the youngest team in the league

Herm is a great motivator and the players love him even if the fans don't. Throwing him out now would create another year of rebuilding in the new image of the new Coach and set us back another year.

(flame away)

Mr. Arrowhead
12-24-2008, 02:20 PM
LMAO

SPATCH
12-24-2008, 02:21 PM
this.................................................... will be ugly

SAUTO
12-24-2008, 02:22 PM
Throwing Herm Edwards out now would be a step backwards. He started this youth movement and needs 1 more year to prove himself. If he fails so be it but give the guy a chance he has created a competetive team that looks good for the most part except for the pass rush. He has done alot of positive on our team.

Herm is a great motivator and the players love him even if the fans don't. Throwing him out now would create another year of rebuilding in the new image of the new Coach and set us back another year.

(flame away)

are you a jets fan? cause he sure as hell can finish what he started THERE

Sure-Oz
12-24-2008, 02:22 PM
Why.....seriously

Donger
12-24-2008, 02:23 PM
I'm convinced Herm created and uses the "young team" as an excuse for not winning.

BigMeatballDave
LMAO This should be fun...

Bugeater
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=75511&d=1198646409

chiefbowe82
our 1st round choice hali looks to be a bust, our 1st round coice dorsey looks to be a bust, our 2nd round choice turk looks to be a bust, our 3rd round choice tank looks to be a bust
krummie is doin a great job

Saleenman607
12-24-2008, 02:25 PM
whatever do you mean, Ike? Now, I'm sure of it................

I hate im'

OnTheWarpath15
http://i34.tinypic.com/68u1wz.gif

RustShack
Can we just ban people who think like this?

Fish
12-24-2008, 02:27 PM
(1) He has found a potential QB of the Future (Big maybe.... Should still strongly consider drafting one)
(2) Great Corners and Safeties (One great corner, one potentially decent corner, one decent nickel; Serviceable safeties, but far from great. Probably much better in a different defensive scheme)
(3) Offense is clicking and improving (Improving, but a ways to go)
(4) Offensive line is good (Better. Still needs right side addressed.)
(5) Made us the youngest team in the league (Yes, and one of the crappiest)

Bowser
12-24-2008, 02:28 PM
*sound of a shotgun blast and body crumpling to the floor*

kansas hawk
12-24-2008, 02:29 PM
6-25 all i will say

cdcox
12-24-2008, 02:29 PM
You are building a house. A long trusted family friend is in the building business was entrusted with the project. The project got started and partway through it was found out that your family friend was not a very good builder. You reluctantly dismissed the family friend and are looking to hire someone new to take over the project. Now, to make matters worse, you find out that the cement used in the foundation of the house is under spec. It is okay in the beginning but it eventually cracks under the pressure. This is widely known and most of your family members believe it best to start over with a solid foundation. But you argue, the foundation hasn't cracked yet. You advocate going ahead with the building project, to give the foundation a chance to crack, because you don't want to set the project back a year.

OnTheWarpath15
12-24-2008, 02:30 PM
*sound of an axe cracking a skull and body crumpling to the floor*

FYP.

TRY GETTING A RESERVATION AT DORSIA NOW, YOU STUPID FUCKING BASTARD!

LiL stumppy
our 1st round choice hali looks to be a bust, our 1st round coice dorsey looks to be a bust, our 2nd round choice turk looks to be a bust, our 3rd round choice tank looks to be a bust

The DL coach is horrible. I honestly don't care if Herm stays one more year or not. The big thing was a new GM and we got that. And you can't rule Dorsey a bust yet. Geez.

Mr. Flopnuts

I'm sure you hated this coice when we made it. Hell, everyone did. Dorsey is going to be a stud, and everyone runnin shit on him this year is going to look very foolish.

Disclaimer: I DON'T FUCKING WANT HERM BACK.

12-24-2008, 02:32 PM
Oh Christ make it stop.

DeezNutz
12-24-2008, 02:33 PM
I'd like to establish a coalition of the willing, and we will secede from the union hitherto known as ChiefsPlanet. Destination: A True Fan-free zone.

Option B is to start kicking some people out.

SAUTO
.our 1st round choice hali looks to be a bustYES, our 1st round coice dorsey looks to be a bust,NO our 2nd round choice turk looks to be a bust??, our 3rd round choice tank looks to be a bustHOW DO YOU SEE THAT?
krummie is doin a great jobNO FUCKING WAY

dirk digler
Where is that "O Geez not this shit again" Pic when I need it?

Rausch
12-24-2008, 02:37 PM
Finish it?

Hell, I'd say Herm has already performed a "FATALITY" on Peterson...

SAUTO
12-24-2008, 02:38 PM
Finish it?

Hell, I'd say Herm has already performed a "FATALITY" on Peterson...

i thought that was "FINISH HIM"

FringeNC
12-24-2008, 02:39 PM
Rebuilding in the NFL is not a four year project. He has had three drafts, which have been nothing special. I wonder if Lions' fans have those supporting Marinelli, too?

Otter
12-24-2008, 02:40 PM
Wow what an original post douche bag. Couldn't have addded this unique perspective to one of the others?

Otter
12-24-2008, 02:41 PM
Neg rep

Rausch
12-24-2008, 02:43 PM
i thought that was "FINISH HIM"

True, but he didn't give that line to-....you know what, I'm giving of my holiday to provide you bastids an extra bit o' humor. :cuss:

Dr. Johnny Fever
12-24-2008, 02:45 PM
Chieftain58 has the biggest balls on the planet. I wonder how he gets his pants on.

ModSocks
12-24-2008, 02:48 PM

(flame away)

I commend you for your bravery. I'm not a herm supporter, but im not a herm hater either. I think he's the type of coach that must have good assistants to be a winner. He's shown the ability to change, which most coaches cant do. He realized he ran the offense into the ground, found a good coordinator and let him do his thing. Now, if he can find a decent defensive staff, and a guy to manage the clock. He would be set.

He's not some talent GURU, but he's not horrible either.

People can bash on herm all they want, but we could do a helluva lot worse.

We may be able to do better as well.

If he stays, im cool with that, as long as Dick-Curl, gunther and crumie leave.

If he leaves, im cool with that too.

TEX
12-24-2008, 02:49 PM
The second Herm was named HC, the Chiefs were worse for it. Since then they have gotten worse record-wise every year. This past season, they have set records for ineptitude. I'd say Herm's finished what he started.

raybec 4
12-24-2008, 02:50 PM
I believe this thread was either started as a joke to see just how many people he can suck in or it is some type of "just woke up from a coma" situation.

TEX
12-24-2008, 02:52 PM
I commend you for your bravery. I'm not a herm supporter, but im not a herm hater either. I think he's the type of coach that must have good assistants to be a winner. He's shown the ability to change, which most coaches cant do. He realized he ran the offense into the ground, found a good coordinator and let him do his thing. Now, if he can find a decent defensive staff, and a guy to manage the clock. He would be set.

He's not some talent GURU, but he's not horrible either.

People can bash on herm all they want, but we could do a helluva lot worse.

We may be able to do better as well.

If he stays, im cool with that, as long as Dick-Curl, gunther and crumie leave.

If he leaves, im cool with that too.

Really - name worse than Herm. Now name better. Which list is longer. Fact is we can't do much worse than Herm but we can do a helluva lot better...

OnTheWarpath15
12-24-2008, 02:52 PM
Where is that "O Geez not this shit again" Pic when I need it?

King_Chief_Fan
12-24-2008, 02:54 PM

(1) He has found a potential QB of the Future --By default. He chose wrong who he thought the QBOTF was Croyle.
(2) Great Corners and Safeties see Denver, SD meltdowns
(3) Offense is clicking and improving nope, it only lasts for one half. The opposition stops it in its track in the second half
(4) Offensive line is good ha, we still can't run the ball and and the QB has to stand 15 yards behind the line in shotgun
(5) Made us the youngest team in the league wow

(flame away)

see red above....I say he hasn't done squat except prove to the team it is ok to lose.

Mama Hip Rockets
12-24-2008, 02:57 PM
when you say "herm edwards needs to finish what he started," are you referring to finishing a football game? cause i WOULD like to see that happen.

12-24-2008, 02:59 PM
Shouldn't he have started something positive first before he can finish it?

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-24-2008, 03:00 PM

(flame away)
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oTuJCKzPdNc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oTuJCKzPdNc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

xbarretx
12-24-2008, 03:06 PM

well lets see if we can get a new DC in there. one or two guys cant make a Def good. its not like our entire defense was stocked with seasoned vets and or first rd picks. lets make our def complete by getting some REAL help at LB and DE and then take another look.

SAUTO
12-24-2008, 03:08 PM
when did herm try to kill himself?

FloridaMan88
12-24-2008, 03:12 PM
Herm "started" a losing streak that has seen the Chiefs lose 22 of their last 24 regular season games (including a loss to Detoilet last year that was the Lions last regular season win).

In your mind how does he "finish" that? With an 0-16 season?

Otter
12-24-2008, 03:13 PM
Herm "started" a losing streak that has seen the Chiefs lose 22 of their last 24 regular season games (including a loss to Detoilet last year that was the Lions last regular season win).

In your mind how does he "finish" that? With an 0-16 season?

If I weren't at work still I'd be eating pumpkin pie.

KCBOSS1
12-24-2008, 03:22 PM
Ahhhh...I don't hate him...just don't want him as coach anymore. I think He's a good DB coach, but his limits have become painfully obvious. He might even make a good front office guy. But right now, he's done with the vast majority of Chiefs fan.

FringeNC
12-24-2008, 03:22 PM
You want Herm to stay? Take it up with the new GM. I have a feeling it's going to take him about two seconds to determine Herm's fate.

I really wonder about those who want Herm to stay. Only explanation I can come up with is that they are die-hard smash-mouth fans, and even though Herm's experiment with a return to that type of football was an absolute disaster (we were getting outgained by 200-300 yards per game), Herm supporters still think the best chance of playing that type of football is with Herm Edwards as coach.

Micjones
12-24-2008, 03:25 PM
I'm sorry, but Herm can be excused from the table.

We can find another coach who can properly evaluate his player's strengths and set them up to be successful.

BigChiefFan
12-24-2008, 03:35 PM
$3 million per year for a total of 15 wins in THREE YEARS. In the past two years, Herm has LOST 75% of the time... that stinks to high heaven and it's ridiculous that some can't connect the dots and see this man for what he is... a weak-ass coach, in over his head.

Monty
12-24-2008, 03:40 PM
I'm convinced Herm created and uses the "young team" as an excuse for not winning.

This

The Franchise
12-24-2008, 03:50 PM
Can we merge this thread with the Epic Fail thread?

DaneMcCloud
12-24-2008, 04:00 PM
You want Herm to stay? Take it up with the new GM. I have a feeling it's going to take him about two seconds to determine Herm's fate.

I really wonder about those who want Herm to stay. Only explanation I can come up with is that they are die-hard smash-mouth fans, and even though Herm's experiment with a return to that type of football was an absolute disaster (we were getting outgained by 200-300 yards per game), Herm supporters still think the best chance of playing that type of football is with Herm Edwards as coach.

Peter King's interview with Clark:

Talking to new Kansas City Chiefs owner Clark Hunt, you get the impression he wants to keep coach Herman Edwards for the fourth and final season of his contract -- but won't stand in the way if a strong-willed general manager wants to make a coaching change.

With King Carl Peterson out as president and general manager, Hunt plans to hire two people in his place: a general manager who will have full authority over the football side of the team and a club president to run the business side. The latter will be a vital hire in this economy because the Chiefs in 2010 open a rehabbed Arrowhead Stadium with 50 additional luxury suites and 7,000 new club seats.

But for now, Hunt, son of the late Lamar Hunt, will look for a Scott Pioli or Charley Casserly to run his team and help determine the fate of Edwards.

"I'm looking for a shrewd evaluator of football talent," Hunt told me. "He's got to be a strong leader, effective communicator, and preferably will come from a winning organization. I don't have a short list right now. I have a very broad list, but I expect to start interviewing soon after the [regular] season."

Hunt said he was "very supportive of Herm, because I believe he's gone about the building of this team the right way. The new general manager will have input [about Edwards' future], and the decision whether to keep him will be mine, but I will listen to what the new GM has to say about it."

I asked whether he would consider hiring a GM who would want full authority over all things football, including the hiring and firing of the head coach. Hunt paused for a moment, then said: "I'm going to be open-minded about that. It's possible that we'll give our GM that authority."

I asked because I would think many of the top GM candidates, such as Pioli, would say, "Why would I leave where I am for a place that gives me control over the draft and the roster but not over the one man with the most control over whether the players I bring him succeed or fail?" Hunt will probably have to cede that authority.

Edwards told me Sunday that he wanted to stay next year, and for the foreseeable future. "I wish we'd started the rebuilding project a year earlier," Edwards said. "I'd love to be the guy to lead this team for a long time. We're building a good, solid base of talent."

I think the new GM, whoever he is, is going to have a steep hill to climb in order to fire Herm Edwards. Clark clearly supports him and the direction that the team has taken in 2008.

Regardless of all the "Haters" in the forum.

BigChiefFan
12-24-2008, 04:04 PM
Yes, let's IGNORE this part of the SAME ARTICLE..."Hunt will probably have to cede that authority."

DaneMcCloud
12-24-2008, 04:12 PM
Yes, let's IGNORE this part of the SAME ARTICLE..."Hunt will probably have to cede that authority."

What?

That was Peter King's speculation. Clark did not say that.

BIG difference.

triple
12-24-2008, 04:16 PM
if herm does not get fired, i will disown this team until he does

Otter
12-24-2008, 04:16 PM
Season 1: 9-7
Season 2: 4-12
Season 3: 2-14

Dude is a loser. Ask any Jets fan.

Bob Dole
12-24-2008, 04:18 PM
Bob Dole fully understands the concepts that allow a commercial jet to fly. That does NOT mean that you want Bob Dole piloting your next cross-Atlantic flight.

prhom
12-24-2008, 04:20 PM
I'll premise my post with this comment: while it has been hard to watch this team for most of Herm's tenure as HC, I have found it less awful to watch since the offense actually opened up recently. So thanks to whoever made the decision to spread the offense and at least try to make the opposing defense guess what we are going to do.

There may be lots of people who are actually responsible for us sucking so hard (Solari, Gunther, Carl) besides Herm. I just don't know enough of who is truly in control of each aspect of the game to lay blame on the proper person, but really the buck stops with Herm. Sadly, this is the downside of being an HC. You get credit for winning or losing regardless of whether you actually have anything to do with either one. After the last couple losses I'm not sure if Herm is going to have what it takes to get this team to win. We won the SD and Miami games statwise, but we lost it because we didn't use momentum and our defense had no spirit when it needed it.

Crush
12-24-2008, 04:23 PM
ONLY FOUR MORE DAYS UNTIL BLACK MONDAY!!!!!

Chiefs Pantalones
12-24-2008, 04:26 PM

(flame away)

Number one, kindly shoot yourself in the face.

Number two, Merry Christmas!

BigChiefFan
12-24-2008, 04:28 PM
What?

That was Peter King's speculation. Clark did not say that.

BIG difference.It was speculated, because anybody that knows how it works, KNOWS that a coveted GM won't accept 6 wins out of the past 31 games as someone to hitch your wagon to. If Clark is serious about getting a REAL GM, he'll have to let the man do his job and that will entail kicking Herm's ass to the curb-sorry, but his record as the Chiefs coach is unacceptable, rebuild or not.

DaneMcCloud
12-24-2008, 04:50 PM
It was speculated, because anybody that knows how it works, KNOWS that a coveted GM won't accept 6 wins out of the past 31 games as someone to hitch your wagon to. If Clark is serious about getting a REAL GM, he'll have to let the man do his job and that will entail kicking Herm's ass to the curb-sorry, but his record as the Chiefs coach is unacceptable, rebuild or not.

Really? Wow, thanks for your insight into Peter King's comment. :rolleyes:

As I stated, it certainly appears that firing Edwards will be a monumental task for an incoming GM due to Clark's admiration for his work.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-24-2008, 04:54 PM
Number one, kindly shoot yourself in the face.

Number two, Merry Christmas!

ROFL

Bob Dole
12-24-2008, 04:56 PM
If the Kansas City Chiefs Football Club was a Hollywood movie studio, Herm Edwards just treated us to "Leonard Part 6".

Demonpenz
12-24-2008, 05:14 PM
why do you hate me?

TEX
12-24-2008, 05:17 PM
My absolute worst nightmare would be to retain Edwards and hire Charlie Casserly. While with the Texans, Casserly drafted worse than Peterson... :shake:

If the above happens, I'm done with the Chiefs.

blueballs
12-24-2008, 05:50 PM
you make Chiefsfan1963 look like a rocket scientist
I propose a cage match between the two

Otter
12-24-2008, 05:52 PM
Really? Wow, thanks for your insight into Peter King's comment. :rolleyes:

As I stated, it certainly appears that firing Edwards will be a monumental task for an incoming GM due to Clark's admiration for his work.

I don't like Herm. I think his philosophy is out dated and there is no way Clark can sell a change of regime without getting rid of a Peterson "friends over competence" hire.

Want to make a signature bet? Nothing distasteful as a result. Just something along the lines of "Herm Edwards was never a good head coach and otter told me so" or visa versa should I lose.

Just have to wear it through the off season.

blueballs
12-24-2008, 05:57 PM
sadly a lot of those who want HErm out
want to replace him with Cowher
who is a HErm/Marty that hit a lucky patch

DaneMcCloud
12-24-2008, 06:04 PM
I don't like Herm. I think his philosophy is out dated and there is no way Clark can sell a change of regime without getting rid of a Peterson "friends over competence" hire.

Want to make a signature bet? Nothing distasteful as a result. Just something along the lines of "Herm Edwards was never a good head coach and otter told me so" or visa versa should I lose.

Just have to wear it through the off season.

Hey, I didn't say I was in favor of retaining Herm after the 2008 season, though I do feel he's a good (but not great) head coach. I also predicted that the Chiefs would win no more than 3 games back in May. I was expecting this season to unfold exactly has it has unfolded.

Furthermore, I linked to a story where Clark Hunt (again) states that HE likes Herm and HE would like to see him return in 2009, which is in exact contradiction to all of the "villagers" calling for his head.

This is not a clear-cut issue and I wanted to point that out.

BigChiefFan
12-24-2008, 06:45 PM
Hey, I didn't say I was in favor of retaining Herm after the 2008 season, though I do feel he's a good (but not great) head coach. I also predicted that the Chiefs would win no more than 3 games back in May. I was expecting this season to unfold exactly has it has unfolded.

Furthermore, I linked to a story where Clark Hunt (again) states that HE likes Herm and HE would like to see him return in 2009, which is in exact contradiction to all of the "villagers" calling for his head.

I expected the season to unfold about 4-6 wins. Irregardless, Herm hasn't doesn't squat to warrant retaining him-not a damn thing, unless you consider having the 32nd ranked defense an accomplishment-I doubt you'll find many that do, GMs INCLUDED. He's had THREE FULL YEARS, mission failed.

triple
12-24-2008, 06:49 PM
i'm not sure i can name one viable reason why Herm should be kept.

other than "we are rebuilding, no matter how terrible this coach is we can't change in the middle of a rebuild, our players' minds are fragile mush and if they have more than one head coach in their careers, they will melt into... one of the worst teams... in football.."

DT58HOF
12-24-2008, 06:53 PM
Throwing Herm Edwards out now would be a step backwards. Herm Edwards needs to finish what he started

((flame away)

Huh wheres the picture? was he gonna jump? why didn't he? Did he hold a gun to his head? why didn't he pull the trigger?
Did he take alot of pills only to go to get his stomach pumped?, tell him i got some candy he needs to eat!!
DIE HERM!!

BigChiefFan
12-24-2008, 06:58 PM
Yes, what we ever will we do without the 32 defense and red zone deficient offense.

triple
12-24-2008, 06:59 PM
Herm hasn't started anything. he started running the team into the ground, but that job is pretty much finished. he didn't start us back on the way up.

the wreckage is still lying on the seabed, just like they were at this time last year, only now the silt has settled and the flatfish and sea worms and barnacles have begun to overgrow the wreck of the Herman Edwards

FringeNC
12-24-2008, 07:30 PM
He's finished it. He said he was going to fix the defense, and he has. It's #32.

Hammock Parties
12-24-2008, 07:34 PM
If I was a Jets fan I would have a witty BBQ-related joke here.

Hammock Parties
12-24-2008, 07:34 PM
He's finished it. He said he was going to fix the defense, and he has. It's #32.

#31. We're improving.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-24-2008, 07:36 PM
If I was a Jets fan I would have a witty BBQ-related joke here.

Herm is to Coaching what Buffalo Bob's is to BBQ; Shite.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-24-2008, 07:38 PM
LMAO Have you ever googled "herm edwards fired"? Try it. It's fun.

DaneMcCloud
12-24-2008, 07:39 PM
i'm not sure i can name one viable reason why Herm should be kept.

8 losses by 7 points or less with the youngest team in the league and after trading their best player away for youth.

I seriously doubt that if Clark Hunt retains Herm, the new GM would be responsible for Herm's performance beyond his first year.

Flustrated
12-24-2008, 07:41 PM
FWIW, I read the Packers were the youngest team in the league? I don't exactly remember where I read that; it was closer to the begining of the season, and I remember being shocked that the Packers could field a much more competitve team with younger players. Everything points to coaching. If not Herm, then it's the people he has hired which makes him just as responsible.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-24-2008, 07:44 PM
LMAO Have you ever googled "herm edwards fired"? Try it. It's fun.

Good lord; the amount of links is staggering!ROFL

Ultra Peanut
12-24-2008, 07:46 PM
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Sunk cost fallacy applied to the shittiest coach in football.

triple
12-24-2008, 07:53 PM
8 losses by 7 points or less

that's a good point. he is totally unable to win close games.

Otter
12-24-2008, 09:24 PM

Well, I like gambling Dane. It wasn't exactly an odds bet so much as yes or no. The offer stands and I respect ur input. The Germ Sucks BTW.

beach tribe
12-24-2008, 09:29 PM
Bye Herm. You will not be missed. I don't hate you, and you have put the next guy in fantastic shape. Thank you, but goodbye. You would never take us to the top. You might take us to the POs a few times, but all I'm interested in is a SuperBowl.

beach tribe
12-24-2008, 09:29 PM
that's a good point. he is totally unable to win close games.

:D

damaticous
12-24-2008, 09:31 PM
(flame away)

We aren't the youngest team in the league.

beach tribe
12-24-2008, 09:35 PM
Chieftain58 has the biggest balls on the planet. I wonder how he gets his pants on.

Gotta have big balls to be a Russel Crowe fan club member.

beach tribe
12-24-2008, 09:36 PM
We aren't the youngest team in the league.

We're damn close. What's the difference? I'm sure when Donnie is off the roster we will be.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-24-2008, 09:47 PM
We're damn close. What's the difference? I'm sure when Donnie hobbles off to the Arrowhead Assisted Living Center, thus bringing the god-awful move of bringing him back to KC to it's long overdue close, we will be.

FYP.:D

The Bad Guy
12-24-2008, 09:50 PM
I'm not even wasting my time.

If you think a HC that has a 15-33 record over 3 years deserves to be back, then you don't deserve to breathe the same air as I do.

The Bad Guy
12-24-2008, 09:54 PM
8 losses by 7 points tells me this team has talent, but the coaching is awful. The 2nd half adjustments are just fucking terrible.

If this team had a capable coaching staff, it would have at minimum 7 wins. There is no way a knowledgable coach would put Dorsey in the position he is now, Hali on the right side to start the season, Derrick Johnson at MLB and think Brodie Croyle could be anything but a clipboard carrier.

I can't wait for this new GM to be hired so he kicks Herm's ass out.

RedThat
12-24-2008, 09:58 PM
I'm not even wasting my time.

If you think a HC that has a 15-33 record over 3 years deserves to be back, then you don't deserve to breathe the same air as I do.

Hey Bad guy,

Im in the same boat as you man. You know, records speak...they are very powerful. kinda like that saying, actions speak louder then words. know what i mean? no matter how herm tries to spin it, that this team is young and its growing and through growth comes losses. i dont buy it! i think its an excuse for herm to coverup for his losing ways...im all for change a breath of fresh air is definately needed bro.:thumb:

redsurfer11
12-24-2008, 10:25 PM
I'll give Herm 1 more year, but there better be drastic improvement,I like what I see in Thigpen, it will be nice to see him get all of the reps after Croyles funeral. Working with the first team for months should improve his play. Secondary is three deep at both positions.Defensive line needs a rushing end and we'll be set there. Linebacking is where we'll pay the FA price.Draft youing tackle with tallent and move MacIntosh to guard.Line should improve. Fill in the right ball handlers and this team could win 11 games next year.

Dave Lane
12-24-2008, 10:35 PM

(flame away)

Neg rep... Sorry can't let this one lie.

suds79
12-24-2008, 10:37 PM
I wouldn't give him another year because while I agree with the rebuilding process, don't think he's the man to direct the team.

- His teams always are unprepared come regular season. 0-2 is pretty much a given. With those bad starts, it's hard to imagine this team ever having a 13-3 record.

- A lot of his 1st day defensive picks have disappointed or regressed. Isn't defense suppose to be his expertise?

- poor clock management

- Poor halftime adjustments and all the close losses. Those things speak directly to the coaching and obviously it has been bad.

Time to cut bait.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-24-2008, 11:08 PM
8 losses by 7 points tells me this team has talent, but the coaching is awful. The 2nd half adjustments are just ****ing terrible.

If this team had a capable coaching staff, it would have at minimum 7 wins. There is no way a knowledgable coach would put Dorsey in the position he is now, Hali on the right side to start the season, Derrick Johnson at MLB and think Brodie Croyle could be anything but a clipboard carrier.

I can't wait for this new GM to be hired so he kicks Herm's ass out.

Yep. Just look at our 3rd quarter stats for proof of that.

Brock
12-24-2008, 11:09 PM
It's always a good time to fire Herm.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-24-2008, 11:10 PM
It's always a good time to fire Herm.

Tis the season

KC2004
12-24-2008, 11:26 PM

(1) He has found a potential QB of the Future (lol ok)
(2) Great Corners and Safeties (Great corners and safties? must be why their in the pro bowl)
(3) Offense is clicking and improving (so from shitty to ok got ya)
(4) Offensive line is good (maybe one game)
(5) Made us the youngest team in the league (Not difficult)

(flame away)

This has to be Herm cause any fan would fucking know better. :spock:

blueballs
12-24-2008, 11:36 PM
maybe we should just be thankful Carl will be gone
and not giving the Jaguars a 4th for DelRio

beach tribe
12-25-2008, 02:37 AM
I just can't fathom what the people who want to keep him are thinking.

PRIEST
12-25-2008, 07:40 AM

Exactly WTF are they thinking.See Ya Herman the side line FOOL:doh!:

Dave Lane
12-25-2008, 08:48 AM
Season 0: 10-6
Season 1: 9-7
Season 2: 4-12
Season 3: 2-14

Dude is a loser. Ask any Jets fan.

FYP

The slope of the line is down just like the Jets

Agent V
12-25-2008, 08:57 AM

They fear change, maybe? Let go. There are better coaches out there. That's what I don't get. There are other coaches out there with innovative ideas and, I'm certain, better ability to adjust at halftime and finish games.

If you have a Dodge Neon, but you can easily upgrade to a Mercedes, what do you do? There's no issue with taking a young team and handing them over to a more talented coach. This sick obsession with keeping everything "Carl" (Herm, Gunther, any mediocre player or coach you have an unjustified woody for) has potential to hurt this team.

suds79
12-25-2008, 09:01 AM

Guess it still runs true that "there's a sucker born every minute." huh?

It's really hard to put together a compelling argument why Herm should stick around.

Dave Lane
12-25-2008, 09:22 AM
8 losses by 7 points or less with the youngest team in the league and after trading their best player away for youth.

I seriously doubt that if Clark Hunt retains Herm, the new GM would be responsible for Herm's performance beyond his first year.

Five of the eight youngest teams in the NFL made the playoffs in 2008; the Giants are the only franchise in this group that didn't win a division title.

The Packers, Colts and Cowboys were three of the four youngest teams in the league, and each won 13 games. The Chargers went 11-5 with the seventh-youngest roster. Half of the 2006 playoff teams were among the 12 youngest teams that year. Four of the nine youngest teams in 2005 made the playoffs.

Bob Dole
12-25-2008, 10:00 AM
Herm Edwards should not now be, nor should he have ever been, an NFL head coach. He has done absolutely NOTHING to earn the privilege. He's proven time and again that he is not competent to manage a single game, much less a complete season.

Bob Dole doesn't wish Herm ill...Bob Dole just wishes Herm would get the hell away from Bob Dole's favorite team.

BigChiefFan
12-25-2008, 10:18 AM
Five of the eight youngest teams in the NFL made the playoffs in 2008; the Giants are the only franchise in this group that didn't win a division title.

The Packers, Colts and Cowboys were three of the four youngest teams in the league, and each won 13 games. The Chargers went 11-5 with the seventh-youngest roster. Half of the 2006 playoff teams were among the 12 youngest teams that year. Four of the nine youngest teams in 2005 made the playoffs.
Good post!

The Bad Guy
12-25-2008, 10:21 AM
Chieftain,

Also, if you think this offensive line is "good", then you need to have a shovel bashed upside your fucking head.

There are 2 players on this line who are good. The rest are wastes of space.

crossbow
12-25-2008, 10:41 AM
If by finishing what he started you mean they go from 2 to 0 wins so the the team can be declaired a COMPLETE failure instead of a 90% failure...then I can see your point.

Herm is a good guy and all but he skipped coaching in High School and College. He got the job because he knew someone and not becuase he had the experience. The pro level is not the place to learn your craft. The competition is just too intence and unforgiving. Failures cost too much and take too long to fix. Hey we all screwed up on our first jobs while we were learning but we weren't allowed to do it on multi-billion dollar accounts. Carl f-ed us so he could share the Hunt's money with his friend.

One last point: Herm is supposed to be a defensive minded coach. The Chiefs have the worse defense in the league. If his talent is with defense then why did Carl bring in that "consultant" to fix the defense?

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-25-2008, 01:44 PM
If by finishing what he started you mean they go from 2 to 0 wins so the the team can be declaired a COMPLETE failure instead of a 90% failure...then I can see your point.

Herm is a good guy and all but he skipped coaching in High School and College. He got the job because he knew someone and not becuase he had the experience. The pro level is not the place to learn your craft. The competition is just too intence and unforgiving. Failures cost too much and take too long to fix. Hey we all screwed up on our first jobs while we were learning but we weren't allowed to do it on multi-billion dollar accounts. Carl f-ed us so he could share the Hunt's money with his friend.

One last point: Herm is supposed to be a defensive minded coach. The Chiefs have the worse defense in the league. If his talent is with defense then why did Carl bring in that "consultant" to fix the defense?

REP!

chiefzilla1501
12-25-2008, 01:45 PM

I'll continue to respond with this blanket response anybody makes this claim.

The Chiefs' dysfunctions due to Carl Peterson's missteps are well beyond what any team in the NFL has faced.

There is no way in hell you can compare what the Chiefs went through with what the Cowboys or Packers went through.

chiefzilla1501
12-25-2008, 01:48 PM

I disagree. Nobody viewed Herm as a defensive specialist. Just a head coach who leans toward defense. He's always been viewed as a below average X's and O's guy, but a good motivator. That being said, it was a misstep on his part and Carl Peterson's part not to act sooner on canning Solari and to continually defend Gunther Cunningham.

Mike Tomlin came into Pittsburgh with similar inexperience. The Steelers' front office forced him to stick with Dick Lebeau, even if Lebeau ran a 3-4 while Tomlin specialized in the Tampa 2. That's the way you handle an inexperienced coach.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-25-2008, 02:13 PM
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious (http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&ct=res&cd=1&url=http%3A%2F%2Fen.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FSupercalifragilisticexpialidocious&ei=N-lTSaqQK53gsAOB5sihDQ&usg=AFQjCNFNHUckdHD92TegUvJbDAn5591tGA&sig2=s6AvRMlwY2DKfN219SOFGQ) FAIL

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bH2blA6GIwo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bH2blA6GIwo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-25-2008, 02:20 PM
Negotiation FAIL:

Who knows though? Maybe with the right coaching and staff, #27 could be a force to reckon with again...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1vCMFzq1RHI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1vCMFzq1RHI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>