PDA

View Full Version : Football Singletary wants Martz gone

Sure-Oz
12-24-2008, 04:54 PM
Report: Singletary has plan, wants Martz out

Coach Mike Singletary met with 49ers brass earlier this week and laid out his offensive and defensive plans for the 2009 season.
He reportedly told the front office that he plans to retain defensive coordinator Greg Manusky, but not OC Mike Martz. Singletary gave several unnamed candidates to replace Martz, whose pass-first mentality clashes with the head coach's ball-control mindset. Firing Martz, who is signed through 2009, would kill continuity for yet another season in San Francisco. The 49ers haven't OK'd Singletary's plan yet, but seem likely to do so next week. Dec. 24 - 2:16 pm et

Bring him in as a QB coach or something?

OnTheWarpath15
12-24-2008, 04:56 PM
Fuck no.

The guy causes problems everywhere he goes, apparently.

Sure-Oz
12-24-2008, 04:57 PM
**** no.

The guy causes problems everywhere he goes, apparently.

I think he likes to have more control, maybe someone will be dumb enough to hire him as a HC again, like the LionsROFL

The Franchise
12-24-2008, 04:58 PM
Jesus......how many coordinators are they going to go through in San Fran? QBs are fucked if they go there.

OnTheWarpath15
12-24-2008, 04:59 PM
I think he likes to have more control, maybe someone will be dumb enough to hire him as a HC again, like the LionsROFL

That's the problem, he isn't worthy of control. When he has it, he fucks everything up.

Any team looking for an OC that abandons the run and turns QB's into tackling dummies will find a gem in Martz.

Tribal Warfare
12-24-2008, 05:00 PM

I thought he already coached there

Sure-Oz
12-24-2008, 05:00 PM
I thought he already coached there

He was their OC last year, but the lions are pretty stupid

Chiefs Pantalones
12-24-2008, 05:28 PM
Singletary is worthless. Sounds like he'll be a Herm clone.

rtmike
12-24-2008, 05:43 PM
Those poor SF QB's have had new systems every year now for at least 5 years. Similar to the Redskins revolving door.

B_Ambuehl
12-24-2008, 06:12 PM
Coaches like Singletary probably don't like Martz because they feel threatened by him. Their offense will probably regress big time next year.

kcxiv
12-24-2008, 06:16 PM
Singletary is worthless. Sounds like he'll be a Herm clone.

How is he worthless because he likes smashmouth football? The guy has had the niners playing pretty hard and they have won a handful of games. He imo deserves another shot. Martz is overrated. He hasnt done much of shit since he lost all that talent in ST. Louis.

blueballs
12-24-2008, 06:19 PM
Only way you bring in Martz
is if you bring back Turley
entertainment should insue

Chiefs Pantalones
12-24-2008, 06:21 PM
How is he worthless because he likes smashmouth football? The guy has had the niners playing pretty hard and they have won a handful of games. He imo deserves another shot. Martz is overrated. He hasnt done much of shit since he lost all that talent in ST. Louis.

He's worthless. You'll see.

Until then, shoot yourself in the face and have a great Christmas!

kcxiv
12-24-2008, 06:25 PM
He's worthless. You'll see.

Until then, shoot yourself in the face and have a great Christmas!

Sorry Mecca jr. You didnt even explain why he would be worthless. YOu are just talking out of your ass.

RustShack
12-24-2008, 06:25 PM
What if our HC was Billick, DC was Nolan, and our OC was Martz?

Hypothetically if we did go Billick/Nolan... who would be OC canditates?

kcxiv
12-24-2008, 06:26 PM
Fuck Billick. He was supposed to be an offensive guy and the Ravens offense sucked ass. Though he got lucky and had one of the best defensives of all time back in 2000. Who was the DC back then?

OnTheWarpath15
12-24-2008, 06:28 PM
What if our HC was Billick, DC was Nolan, and our OC was Martz?

Hypothetically if we did go Billick/Nolan... who would be OC canditates?

Hypothetically, Jim Fassel.

royr17
12-24-2008, 10:00 PM
Fuck Billick. He was supposed to be an offensive guy and the Ravens offense sucked ass. Though he got lucky and had one of the best defensives of all time back in 2000. Who was the DC back then?

Back then the defensive coordinator was Marvin Lewis.

RippedmyFlesh
12-24-2008, 10:12 PM
Back then the defensive coordinator was Marvin Lewis.
which just goes to show you its players Ray,Ed,Tony...not coaches that win superbowls.
I don't think it's coaches who win its players.But bad coaching can cost a team games.
I just want that to stop.
average coaches & great players = superbowl
bad coaches and ANY players = no

RippedmyFlesh
12-24-2008, 10:21 PM
Report: Singletary has plan, wants Martz out

Coach Mike Singletary met with 49ers brass earlier this week and laid out his offensive and defensive plans for the 2009 season.
He reportedly told the front office that he plans to retain defensive coordinator Greg Manusky, but not OC Mike Martz. Singletary gave several unnamed candidates to replace Martz, whose pass-first mentality clashes with the head coach's ball-control mindset. Firing Martz, who is signed through 2009, would kill continuity for yet another season in San Francisco. The 49ers haven't OK'd Singletary's plan yet, but seem likely to do so next week. Dec. 24 - 2:16 pm et

Bring him in as a QB coach or something?
I think martz would want to be OC if is anywhere next year.
As strange as this sounds I think martz would be right at home with Al Davis