PDA

View Full Version : Who is being unreasonable here?

BigMeatballDave
12-25-2008, 07:27 PM
My son has a PSP. I got him 2 games for it. He lost his charger. I ordered a new charger from ebay. Has yet to come in. My GF got her son a PSP and 2 games. He lives with his dad and won't be here until tomorrow. His is still wrapped. Here's the issue at hand, I asked her if she would unwrap her son's PSP so I could charge my son's PSP. She flat out refused. IMO, I think she is being completely unreasonable. Maybe I am. What say you?

cdcox
12-25-2008, 07:34 PM
Not worth arguing about on either side.

She should let you extract the charger.

You should let it drop.

Just not worth disagreeing over.

12-25-2008, 07:37 PM
Maybe the new charger will arrive in the mail tomorrow.

damaticous
12-25-2008, 07:38 PM
welcome to the real world of g-friends and their daughters and sons.
I'm in the same boat. Doesn't matter what u do. It's a loose-loose situation.

KCCHIEFS27
12-25-2008, 07:39 PM
Hmm, son lost his charger, so to teach him a lesson you should let it go. Besides, it's only one more day. Nobody is being unreasonable, in the essence of Christmas, she doesn't want to disturb an unwrapped present meant for someone else(BAD LUCK). Just like I won't mess around with a girl if her present (my D) isn't wrapped.

Bugeater
12-25-2008, 07:40 PM
Eh, your son lost his charger? I'd let him suffer.

ClevelandBronco
12-25-2008, 07:43 PM
My son has a PSP. I got him 2 games for it. He lost his charger. I ordered a new charger from ebay. Has yet to come in. My GF got her son a PSP and 2 games. He lives with his dad and won't be here until tomorrow. His is still wrapped. Here's the issue at hand, I asked her if she would unwrap her son's PSP so I could charge my son's PSP. She flat out refused. IMO, I think she is being completely unreasonable. Maybe I am. What say you?

Dr. Laura says this is all your fault.

Rain Man
12-25-2008, 07:43 PM
Don't unwrap one kid's present because another kid screwed up. The pain of not getting Grand Theft Auto for a day will teach him to take care of his stuff. You should probably beat him for losing it, too.

KcMizzou
12-25-2008, 08:12 PM
Quick question...

If it is opened, you use the charger, and it's re-wrapped... will it be obvious that it's been opened before?

Nobody likes that. (those plastic blister packs, for example... there's no faking that.)

In general, though.. I think she has the moral high ground on this one.

KcMizzou
12-25-2008, 08:26 PM
welcome to the real world of g-friends and their daughters and sons.
I'm in the same boat. Doesn't matter what u do. It's a loose-loose situation.I dunno, man. I've been there. (trust me... :grr: )

But I think she's right this time.

When you both have a kid (or kids) it's just more issues and more people who might not get along. And when it comes down to it, human nature says you side with your own.

I dated a girl who had a son for a long while. His rules were different than my boy's rules. (because "he was used to being spoiled") Tough to explain that to your own kids. They ask how it's fair, and you can't answer... because you know deep down that it isn't.

Anyway, best of luck to you BCD. It's tough to get two personalities to mesh, let alone two families.

teedubya
12-25-2008, 08:30 PM
I dated a girl who had a son for a long while. .

How long did she have the son for?

KcMizzou
12-25-2008, 08:32 PM
How long did she have the son for?Eh, you know what I mean... damnit.

:)

BWillie
12-25-2008, 09:58 PM
Don't get a girlfriend that has kids owned by another man that you have to care for.

KcMizzou
12-25-2008, 10:01 PM
Don't get a girlfriend that has kids owned by another man that you have to care for.What if you're a man, who has kids "owned by another woman"?

milkman
12-25-2008, 10:01 PM
It's a loose-loose situation.

Does that mean she sleeps around?

J Diddy
12-25-2008, 10:04 PM
Don't get a girlfriend that has kids owned by another man that you have to care for.

thats pretty stupid

luv
12-25-2008, 10:04 PM
Don't unwrap one kid's present because another kid screwed up. The pain of not getting Grand Theft Auto for a day will teach him to take care of his stuff. You should probably beat him for losing it, too.

Agreed, except for the whole beating thing. I know he's just a kid, but think about how you would feel unwrapping a present that had already been opened.

Bugeater
12-25-2008, 10:05 PM

It's his own son who can't keep track of his shit.

luv
12-25-2008, 10:05 PM
What if you're a man, who has kids "owned by another woman"?

You can never date again. You're screwed......well, maybe not.

BWillie
12-25-2008, 10:12 PM
You can never date again. You're screwed......well, maybe not.

Naw, chicks like that shit. When you are caring for a child or playing with a baby.

luv
12-25-2008, 10:15 PM
Naw, chicks like that shit. When you are caring for a child or playing with a baby.

Why?

KcMizzou
12-25-2008, 10:16 PM
Naw, chicks like that shit. When you are caring for a child or playing with a baby.Heh... playing with a baby is one thing.

Raising children is another. You're right that they like it. They respect it. But when things start getting a little serious, it's a huge complication. It's completely understandable.

blueballs
12-25-2008, 10:17 PM
She needs to see the writing on the wall
and move on

BWillie
12-25-2008, 10:21 PM
Heh... playing with a baby is one thing.

Raising children is another. You're right that they like it. They respect it. But when things start getting a little serious, it's a huge complication. It's completely understandable.

Ah, good point. I would not know. I have yet to knock up any strippers and have not been in a long term relationship before.

teedubya
12-25-2008, 10:24 PM
Ah, good point. I would not know. I have yet to knock up any strippers and have not been in a long term relationship before.

Maybe you may want to participate in the TinyE lose weight contest?!

BWillie
12-25-2008, 10:28 PM
Maybe you may want to participate in the TinyE lose weight contest?!

Why? I'd rather gain weight. I only weigh 187 or so and have 8% bf.

suds79
12-25-2008, 10:30 PM
Since you asked. I think you're in the wrong on this one man.

Your son lost his charger so that's on him and she doesn't want her son to get a "used" (although it'd be fine) gift... I get that.

Maybe him exercising a little patience would be a good thing?

I'm with her on this one. Sorry.

blueballs
12-25-2008, 10:33 PM
I can not even imagine asking

BWillie
12-25-2008, 10:35 PM
Ya, I even think you are kind of wrong, and I'm a complete inconsiderate prick to chicks feelings.

CoMoChief
12-25-2008, 11:13 PM
There has to be a kick her to the curb option here.

YOUR KID NEEDS HIS PSP ON XMAS!!!!!! And you do whatever it takes to make his Xmas one he wont ever forget. THIS IS THE ONE!!!! Here's your chance to tell your GF her opinion doesn't matter and that you have the dick you make the rules and she makes the god damn food.

If she doesn't like it kick her to the curb, but make sure first you got the charger from her.

If she doesn't like that and threatens to tell the cops because you stole something from her better get out your shovel a couple blankets (bed conforter would be best IMO), rope and a Snickers bar, (snickers bar is in case you get hungry, you gotta long ways of driving to drop off the bodies.)

Get rid of evidence.

There ya have it. Piece of cake and a Merry Christmas to you!!!

Phobia
12-25-2008, 11:26 PM
I agree with the girlfriend but I could easily see myself being in your shoes. Should be a valuable lesson for both you and your son.

Chief77
12-25-2008, 11:44 PM
Hungry....why wait?....eat a snickers.

Demonpenz
12-25-2008, 11:51 PM
date girls without kids.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-26-2008, 01:21 AM

Shocking.

MikeMaslowski
12-26-2008, 04:42 AM
Dr. Laura says this is all your fault.

and Freud says you all have homosexual tendencies

BigMeatballDave
12-26-2008, 06:00 AM
Thanks for everyones input. I realized it wasn't worth fighting about, especially on Christmas.

memyselfI
12-26-2008, 06:54 AM
You are both being unreasonable.

It's unreasonable for you to EXPECT her to fix your son's irresponsibility. You may not want her to expect the same from you.

It is unreasonable for her to be inflexible because if the shoe were on the other foot she might want your help.

Iowanian
12-26-2008, 07:43 AM
You're both being unreasonable, but I'm saying its probably 70-30 you on this one.

Her kid shouldn't be made to think he has a "hand me down" because your kid made the mistake. A day may seem like forever but its not.

Maybe someday, we'll all have life figured out as well as BWilli.

patteeu
12-26-2008, 08:07 AM
I'm with the people who think your son, who screwed up by losing his charger, should have to wait to charge his psp and her son, who hasn't screwed up in any relevant way, ought to get an unopened Christmas present. If it were a simple matter to open the package and then rewrap it in a way that her kid would never know, it seems like it might be a nice thing for her to be willing to do it, but if I were you I'd probably want to teach my kid a lesson anyway and this is a perfect time to do it.

BigMeatballDave
12-26-2008, 08:14 AM
If it were a simple matter to open the package and then rewrap it in a way that her kid would never know, it seems like it might be a nice thing for her to be willing to do it, but if I were you I'd probably want to teach my kid a lesson anyway and this is a perfect time to do it.Thats just it, he would never know. I had it out, playing with it myself. She knew this. I told her I was doing this to make sure it worked, and that it was fully charged for him to enjoy right away. Its a moot point now. We both apologized to one another, and I told my son he'd have to wait.

Bob Dole
12-26-2008, 08:42 AM
Bob Dole thinks that you ought to sell both the PSPs and the games and gives the kids the empty boxes to play with.

They'll be better people for it in the long run.

gblowfish
12-26-2008, 08:48 AM
This is the kind of Christmas story that usually ends with an eruption of gun fire...

BigChiefFan
12-26-2008, 08:52 AM
Go buy another one-problem solved.

Al Bundy
12-26-2008, 08:55 AM
Go buy another one-problem solved.

Another girlfriend?

Over-Head
12-26-2008, 08:56 AM
Flat out refuse next time she want's YOU to unwrap your charger and revive HER bateries :evil:

BigChiefFan
12-26-2008, 08:58 AM
Another girlfriend?
Whatever it takes.:D

triple
12-26-2008, 09:10 AM
it would have been nice of her, but I dont blame her if she doesnt want to.

The Franchise
12-26-2008, 10:20 AM
Your son lost it....make him wait and suffer.

Why did you order one off of E-bay? Go to your local Gamestop and buy one.

Mr. Laz
12-26-2008, 10:42 AM
Both wrong prolly....

she's being stubborn ...... you should make your son wait for losing it.

but on the list of problems in life, it's pretty far down there.

BigMeatballDave
12-26-2008, 03:25 PM
Your son lost it....make him wait and suffer.

Why did you order one off of E-bay? Go to your local Gamestop and buy one.$5 off Ebay

BigMeatballDave
12-26-2008, 03:27 PM
Go buy another one-problem solved.Yeah, I had ordered one last week. Still hasn't arrived.

Garcia Bronco
12-26-2008, 03:29 PM

I agree with her. It just doesn't seem right.

jollymon
12-26-2008, 03:37 PM
Why not charge it with a USB cable?? I mean that is what I used to do when I would forget my charger.....

BigMeatballDave
12-26-2008, 03:41 PM
Why not charge it with a USB cable?? I mean that is what I used to do when I would forget my charger.....You can do that?

JohnnyV13
12-26-2008, 04:14 PM
This is the kind of Christmas story that usually ends with an eruption of gun fire...

Or steamy makeup sex

BigMeatballDave
12-26-2008, 06:31 PM
Or steamy makeup sexThis! :hump:

Skip Towne
12-26-2008, 06:43 PM
I'd ask for a makeup BJ.

alanm
12-26-2008, 06:54 PM
date girls without kids.Statutory rape is against the law.

blueballs
12-26-2008, 09:22 PM
Thats just it, he would never know. I had it out, playing with it myself. She knew this. I told her I was doing this to make sure it worked, and that it was fully charged for him to enjoy right away. Its a moot point now. We both apologized to one another, and I told my son he'd have to wait.

If a guy trying to replace my dad
took my Christmas gift and played with it before it was wrapped
I'd knife him in his sleep -that be 12 kinds of cold

BigMeatballDave
12-26-2008, 09:27 PM
If a guy trying to replace my dad
took my Christmas gift and played with it before it was wrapped
I'd knife him in his sleep -that be 12 kinds of coldWTF? :spock: