PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Looks like we can talk to Pioli and McDaniels tomorrow

FringeNC
12-28-2008, 06:01 PM
Jets are done, and so is New England.

unothadeal
12-28-2008, 06:02 PM
Who's the GM for Indy? I thought that was Pioli.

58-4ever
Unless dumbass Clark Hunt hires Marty today.

Bowser
Outstanding news.

BigChiefFan
12-28-2008, 06:03 PM
How about we get someone from a PLAYOFF TEAM?

Bowser

Polian. It's his son Chris that everybody is buzzing about.

Delano

Polian is in Indianapolis.

Bugeater

Polian.

58-4ever

Negative.

Bowser
How about we get someone from a PLAYOFF TEAM?

I'll take Pioli, thank you very much.

unothadeal
12-28-2008, 06:04 PM
Oh ok

xbarretx
12-28-2008, 06:05 PM
come on Pennington :clap: woot wOOt! (dont jinx it Fringe ;))

Bowser
Oh ok

Heh. Quick edit achievment unlocked.

Delano
I'll take Pioli, thank you very much.

The Patriots are easily a playoff team if not for Bernie Pollard.

BigChiefFan
Who's the GM for Indy? I thought that was Pioli.Bill Polian is from the Colts. Scott Pioli is from the Patriots. Chris Polian is the son of Bill and that's who most refer to, when speaking of Polian. However, this is about Scott Pioli the guy from the Pats.

BigChiefFan
12-28-2008, 06:07 PM
I'll take Pioli, thank you very much.I like him, too, but I think De Costa from the Ravens is an even better candidate.

unothadeal
12-28-2008, 06:07 PM
Bill Polian is from the Colts. Scott Pioli is from the Patriots. Chris Polian is the son of Bill and that's who most refer to, when speaking of Polian. However, this is about Scott Pioli the guy from the Pats.

Thanks. I've been confused the past two weeks whenever they're mentioned because their names sound so similar.

Lex Luthors
12-28-2008, 06:10 PM
Heck, 11-5 gets you in the playoffs practically every year.

Delano
12-28-2008, 06:12 PM
Heck, 11-5 gets you in the playoffs practically every year.

Yep.

I wonder where Pioli is on Clark's list? If the interview (assuming it happens) is good, does he hire him on the spot before interviewing other candidates?

BigVE
12-28-2008, 06:14 PM
Thanks. I've been confused the past two weeks whenever they're mentioned because their names sound so similar.

Huh? Pioli = Pee oh lee. Polian= Po lee un. I guess.

tk13
12-28-2008, 06:15 PM
I'm all for Pioli. Not sure what McDaniels does that makes people so excited. Not that he's a bad pick but it's just an automatic thing because he's a Patriots coach.

I've said this before, but I'd rather get a guy who will be the next Belichick in terms of building a dynasty over ripping off somebody else's dynasty.

Between Weis, Crennel, and Mangini, who were all considered brains with the Patriots operation... we're now looking at 11 years of head coaching between them. 1 NFL playoff appearance, 0 playoff wins, 0 BCS wins. Great stuff. A combined record of 75-86 as a head coach. And Weis is the only one with a winning career record and he hasn't had one of those in two years.

And that's not to say they can't do it, I think they're better than some coaches. But I've yet to hear anyone come up with a good reason other than they've been on the same sideline with Bill Belichick.

Mojo Jojo
12-28-2008, 06:16 PM
We can ask permission to speak with Pioli and McDaniels tomorrow. If the Chiefs were to speak to either, while under contract, that would be tampering and the Chiefs would forfeit a draft pick.

Executives are not "Free Agents" if they have a contract with a team.

Jerm
12-28-2008, 06:16 PM
Savage is out in Cleveland, Pioli is headed there IMO.

BigChiefFan
12-28-2008, 06:31 PM
I'm all for Pioli. Not sure what McDaniels does that makes people so excited. Not that he's a bad pick but it's just an automatic thing because he's a Patriots coach.

I've said this before, but I'd rather get a guy who will be the next Belichick in terms of building a dynasty over ripping off somebody else's dynasty.

Between Weis, Crennel, and Mangini, who were all considered brains with the Patriots operation... we're now looking at 11 years of head coaching between them. 1 NFL playoff appearance, 0 playoff wins, 0 BCS wins. Great stuff. A combined record of 75-86 as a head coach. And Weis is the only one with a winning career record and he hasn't had one of those in two years.

And that's not to say they can't do it, I think they're better than some coaches. But I've yet to hear anyone come up with a good reason other than they've been on the same sideline with Bill Belichick.
The reason I like McDaniels is because he calls the offensive plays for the Patriots. He's also the QB coach and has had a hand in the development of Cassell, who wasn't even a starter in college. McDaniels was the offensive coordinator last year, when the Pats had a record-setting season. Add to that, who he has worked for and his age and he has the potential to be the young up and comer the team could use. I'm not sure he's the best candidate for the job, but he would certainly be on my short list.

bowener
12-28-2008, 06:33 PM

And if we end up with McDaniels, I am sure he will love benching Pollard, yes mostly for poor play (unless that is due to our current coaching staff of FAIL), but secretly due to the injury on Brady.

Do you think KC is the ideal place for McDaniels in his mind? A team that is in need of a QB and some offensive scheming and hope. He will surely convince Cassel to follow along to run the same O since he would be day1 starter, and he brings great game planning and that brings hope.

tk13
12-28-2008, 06:37 PM
The reason I like McDaniels is because he calls the offensive plays for the Patriots. He's also the QB coach and has had a hand in the development of Cassell, who wasn't even a starter in college. McDaniels was the offensive coordinator last year, when the Pats had a record-setting season. Add to that, who he has worked for and his age and he has the potential to be the young up and comer the team could use. I'm not sure he's the best candidate for the job, but he would certainly be on my short list.
Yeah, but to be fair, he's had an insane amount of offensive talent to call plays with. There was a time Brian Billick had a record setting offense too and he never brought that to Baltimore... although they thing they had in common was Randy Moss playing out of his mind.

I'm not totally against it... although I would agree if we get McDaniels we're probably going hard after Cassel. The funny thing is Herm has more playoff wins than every single Belichick assistant combined.

alanm
12-28-2008, 06:38 PM
Browns GM just got whacked according to NFLN.

Frankie
12-28-2008, 06:42 PM

So are you arguing FOR or AGAINST getting someone from the Belichick tribe?

Manila-Chief
12-28-2008, 06:59 PM
I like him, too, but I think De Costa from the Ravens is an even better candidate.

I agree he would be a great choice. The Ravens have a proven tract record. But, I've been pulling for Miami all day so we could talk with Pioli ... just now realized we can't talk with the Ravens guy, yet. But, not sure my pulling against them would have made any difference.

bowener
12-28-2008, 07:39 PM
I agree he would be a great choice. The Ravens have a proven tract record. But, I've been pulling for Miami all day so we could talk with Pioli ... just now realized we can't talk with the Ravens guy, yet. But, not sure my pulling against them would have made any difference.

I thought it was decided upon this off season that teams are allowed to contact playoff coaches as soon as the regular season ends. It seems that should be the case since the NFL is supposed to give equal chances to all candidates to get hired.

FringeNC
12-28-2008, 07:44 PM

Pioli, De Costa, Polian....I'd be ecstatic with any of them. All of them are modern types, use statistical analysis in addition to scouting reports, etc. They could bring this backwards franchise into the 21st century.

The Bad Guy
12-28-2008, 08:06 PM
There is no more draft pick compensation for coaches or for front office execs.

I'm really starting to warm up to Rex Ryan as the new HC.

Agent V
12-28-2008, 08:20 PM
Pioli, De Costa, Polian....I'd be ecstatic with any of them. All of them are modern types, use statistical analysis in addition to scouting reports, etc. They could bring this backwards franchise into the 21st century.

Considering most of our coaches don't believe in the internet (besides Gunther, I guess), that's a huge step up.