PDA

View Full Version : Football Tom Terrific might miss next season as well

pr_capone
12-29-2008, 05:53 AM
Pollard may very well have completely ruined the career of one of the best Quarterbacks in recent memory.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3796019

New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady has fallen behind in his recovery efforts from knee surgery and could risk missing next season if another operation is needed, NBCSports.com has reported.

Brady, who underwent surgery on Oct. 6 after tearing the ACL and MCL ligaments in his left knee in the first quarter of the team's first game of the season, had subsequent operations on the knee after it became infected.

That infection resulted in a buildup of scar tissue, which may require surgery on the knee, the Web site reported, citing an anonymous NFL source.

The scar tissue also has affected Brady's ability to begin fully rehabilitating his leg, the report said, and the repaired ligaments remain loose.

Another surgery also could be needed for that condition, the Web site reported.

Backup quarterback Matt Cassel replaced Brady as the starter and has helped lead the Patriots (10-5) to the verge of a playoff berth.

|Zach|
12-29-2008, 05:54 AM
Thats fucked up.

Johnny Vegas
12-29-2008, 05:56 AM
Thats what he gets for his cheatin ass!!!

really though I hate to see any guy thats made as big of an impact he made go out like that.

David.
12-29-2008, 05:57 AM
That sucks. It's hard to feel bad for him though I mean he IS banging Giselle. I heard they got engaged like 3 days ago.

Don't ask me how I know that.

Hootie
12-29-2008, 05:58 AM
Who cares?

In two years Matt Cassell will be Tom Brady anyways...it's the system and the confidence that comes along with the system.

That team will win 13 next year with Cassell at the helm.

mylittlepony
12-29-2008, 06:04 AM
Who cares?

In two years Matt Cassell will be Tom Brady anyways...it's the system and the confidence that comes along with the system.

You think they can afford to keep him?

Hootie
12-29-2008, 06:08 AM
You think they can afford to keep him?

If Tommy boy is TRULY not ready to go, they are going to have to franchise him.

Hootie
12-29-2008, 06:08 AM
of course, if they let him walk the next average Joe will simply win 10-12 games just because the Pats will always out scheme and out coach their opponent.

the Talking Can
12-29-2008, 07:20 AM
Who cares?

you are just the dumbest piece of shit

Hootie
12-29-2008, 07:25 AM
you are just the dumbest piece of shit

why?

Because...

Matt Cassell through for 3700 yards, 21 TD's with a 90 QB rating and led a team to 11 wins when he was basically almost cut after the preseason for sucking so bad?

Cassell ISN'T good...the Patriots lost every friggin' linebacker on their roster other than Mayo at some point this season and were signing players off the street and starting them 3 days later and STILL won 11 games.

At what point are we going to stop crediting Tom Brady for these Super Bowls and start crediting the front office/coaching staff?

The Patriots OUT SCHEME every team...OUT COACH every team...Tom Brady is only great because of the confidence/swagger/"it" factor he acquired because of the greatness of said system.

Cassell will acquire the same thing with another two seasons under belichick.

So...kindly...fuck yourself...if you stopped posting, would anyone notice?

Pasta Little Brioni
12-29-2008, 08:22 AM
I hate the Pats, but with all those injuries and still winning 11 games is pretty remarkable.

Molitoth
12-29-2008, 08:50 AM
why?

Because...

Matt Cassell through for 3700 yards, 21 TD's with a 90 QB rating and led a team to 11 wins when he was basically almost cut after the preseason for sucking so bad?

Cassell ISN'T good...the Patriots lost every friggin' linebacker on their roster other than Mayo at some point this season and were signing players off the street and starting them 3 days later and STILL won 11 games.

At what point are we going to stop crediting Tom Brady for these Super Bowls and start crediting the front office/coaching staff?

The Patriots OUT SCHEME every team...OUT COACH every team...Tom Brady is only great because of the confidence/swagger/"it" factor he acquired because of the greatness of said system.

So...kindly...**** yourself...if you stopped posting, would anyone notice?

I actually agree with Hootie here.

Brock
12-29-2008, 08:50 AM
Who cares?

Could be. They're going to have to keep Cassell now anyway.

the Talking Can
12-29-2008, 09:05 AM
what is it with kc fans and the QB position?

no difference between Cassel and Brady?
Brady is just a product of a system?

that is retarded...seriously fucking retarded

no wonder people love thigpen

Sure-Oz
12-29-2008, 09:06 AM

that is retarded...seriously ****ing retarded

Some people go full retard

the Talking Can
12-29-2008, 09:06 AM
why?

Because...

So...kindly...**** yourself...if you stopped posting, would anyone notice?

where on earth do you come up with this incredibly ****ing stupid shit?

is your goal to be The Dumbest Poster Ever?

Brock
12-29-2008, 09:07 AM

I'm just acknowledging the possibility that Cassell could put up Brady type numbers next year.

Dave Lane
12-29-2008, 09:08 AM
of course, if they let him walk the next average Joe will simply win 10-12 games just because the Pats will always out scheme and out coach their opponent.

God I dream of the day people say that about the Chiefs :(

Hootie
12-29-2008, 09:12 AM

Brady stumbled into the perfect situation...if he was drafted in the 6th round by the Chiefs...or by the 49ers...or by the Bears...would he be mentioned as possibly the greatest QB of all time?

Hell fucking no.

He'd be a backup somewhere or running a car dealership.

Hootie
12-29-2008, 09:13 AM
I'm too lazy to do this...but someone do a post search on talking can and see when the last time he made a post that wasn't personally attacking someone or calling someone a retard.

J Diddy
12-29-2008, 09:17 AM
I'm too lazy to do this...but someone do a post search on talking can and see when the last time he made a post that wasn't personally attacking someone or calling someone a retard.

lol

just the facts, maam

triple
12-29-2008, 10:40 AM
Who cares?

In two years Matt Cassell will be Tom Brady anyways...

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/29/RR.jpg

Reaper16
12-29-2008, 11:00 AM
Ligamentcrusher's legacy will be the ruination of Tom Brady. I'm fine with that.

Basileus777
12-29-2008, 11:18 AM
Well Peter King says this isn't true, so who knows what happening with Brady.

Nzoner
12-29-2008, 11:38 AM
That sucks. It's hard to feel bad for him though I mean he IS banging Giselle. I heard they got engaged like 3 days ago.

Don't ask me how I know that.

I do love her taste in fashion

http://www.bestweekever.tv/bwe/images/2008/04/giselle_buttcheeks1.jpg